Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Am I the only one who finds Tamara ugly?  Those horrible over inflated lips, weird shaped face? I also think Tamara and Dominica look like each other.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one who finds Tamara ugly?  Those horrible over inflated lips, weird shaped face? I also think Tamara and Dominica look like each other.

People have been ripping on Tamara for months so no. I mean people that already saw the show. But, Dominica is stunningly unattractive to me. Props to the show for giving her a regular Joe looking dude instead of stud because that dude more than likely would have left her at the alter.

• Love 7

Also, not understanding the Mitch attraction around here. He looks like an extra from Beverly Hills 90210.

Anthony is the best looking to me, and he seems like a decent person. 

• Love 6

I was kind of surprised that Jack was complaining that Domenica wasn’t aggressive enough in bed because she sure came out with guns blazing. I thought she was going to devour him. I think a lot of her bravada must have been an act because she comes off as rather demure and old fashioned. There doesn’t seem to be much there “there” though to them. I couldn’t tell you one thing about them except he’s a model.  

The cracks are starting to show between Domenica and Jack. He is such an odd bird with a maniacal laugh. My heart goes out to Holly. She seems so apologetic for not being white and to put her with someone who wants a white girl, especially with her fragility seems unapologetically cruel. I wondered for a while if Cody was on the wrong show or wrong season and still do. It looks like he’s going for the physical relationship but I know I couldn’t be with someone who has told me in no uncertain terms he doesn’t find me attractive, even if he qualified it later on.  I do hope she doesn’t settle for less than. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rlc said:

Poor Holly. Andrew is vile, and I cannot believe that they ALL sided with him.

I thought it was appalling.  They had all seen how he behaved at the commitment ceremony, they know that he is a public motivational speaker, and yet they all just lapped up the crock that he was spreading.  And now Olivia is going to call her out next week?  It’s unbelievable 

• Love 3

Question- if Carolina had her son at 15, and he is 16, how is she 34? Also, her makeup was terrifying. I couldn’t figure out which was from the makeup artist and which was after she ‘fixed’ it. Yikes- Groucho Marks had nothing on those brows.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, rlc said:

Question- if Carolina had her son at 15, and he is 16, how is she 34? Also, her makeup was terrifying. I couldn’t figure out which was from the makeup artist and which was after she ‘fixed’ it. Yikes- Groucho Marks had nothing on those brows.

yeah, that she could be so concerned about her makeup and then it turned out like that with her doing it?

3 hours late? nope, very incosiderate

as much as i disliked him from his intro showing off his car and riches, nope, he didn't deserve that

should be interesting

• Love 2
On 5/25/2022 at 3:46 PM, Chloecat said:

I tried finding it on you tube but could only find clips or the US version.

I had a look as that's where we watched the British show but it appears they are no longer available on you tube. Sorry.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:35 PM, butterbody said:

Shvideos.net

thanks so much!

6 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I had a look as that's where we watched the British show but it appears they are no longer available on you tube. Sorry.

No worries, thanks for checking!

Did everyone give up on this scripted show?  I’ve forgotten their names.  Poor Anthony putting his feet on the coffee table.  She didn’t want him from the beginning.  Keep sipping your drink.  I love the new couple, especially the girl who lost her Sister to breast cancer.  She cooked him a lovely meal, and he went nuts on her for no reason.  Then, at the ceremony, that busy body slammed the poor girl so she had to change her seat.  What did she do to upset him so?  Why were they all against her?  SCRIPTED for drama.  I’m disgusted.

Jessica is a petulant child, and why is her hair a different length every time I see her? Kate has been single (and will remain so) for a good reason. Not that I think being in a relationship is the be all and end all (I’m very happily divorced), but I think she and her twin need therapy, not fake tv marriages. Carolina needs to learn that sometimes it’s best to say nothing- she was beyond rude to Dion. Selin is not likable. 

• Love 4

Agree with you @rlc about Jessica's behavior and her changing hair length. She almost looks like a different person when she isn't in make up with the clip in (I'm assuming) hair extensions. I really don't see what Daniel did to make her turn on him so quickly and start calling him names, especially to the other couples. I liked that Dominica called her out. Gotta get the drama started somehow. 

Kate... does she even have a personality?  All I see is a blank expression and no life in her at all.  What is there for Matthew to be so gaga over her?  Just not seeing it.  

As for the others... Al and Samantha are pretty cute together.  Selin is so much work and not worth it at all.  Cracks are appearing in the already fragile Selina and Cody relationship.  

Scripted or not... I'm enjoying this version of MAFS. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, eclectcmoi said:

really

On 6/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, eclectcmoi said:

Agree with you @rlc about Jessica's behavior and her changing hair length. She almost looks like a different person when she isn't in make up with the clip in (I'm assuming) hair extensions. I really don't see what Daniel did to make her turn on him so quickly and start calling him names, especially to the other couples. I liked that Dominica called her out. Gotta get the drama started somehow. 

Now I remember how the disconnect started.  After their wedding, while sitting outside their room, Jessica said how she wanted a real wedding with guests and family.  Daniel didn’t go for the idea as he has no family anymore except his niece and sister in law.  His Brother committed suicide.  Daniel became distant, and Jessica couldn’t understand why.  They both had a point, but didn’t discuss it.  She wanted a big real wedding and he did not.

Anyone know why there is no show tonight?

Dominica is a busy body troublemaker.  Btw.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3

Daniel wasn't mad because Jessica wanted a big wedding- he was mad because she said that she would do things differently when she got married 'for real'.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

What’s LRW?  Is it a pay channel?  Very confusing.

It's one of the Lifetime channels in my lineup. I have FIOS.

25 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Nice for you but as someone else said what is LRW ?

Why the snark? I was trying to be helpful by telling you what freaking channel it is on. I do not work for Lifetime. All I know is that is what it was listed as on my tv.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, rlc said:

Why the snark? I was trying to be helpful by telling you what freaking channel it is on. I do not work for Lifetime. All I know is that is what it was listed as on my tv.

Sorry, no snark intended just thought you might know.

I looked it up on Google and apparently it's Lifetime Real Women which on u-verse is a super premium channel only available at their very highest tier.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Ok, thanks.  I have Optimum, so I’ll look and see.  Why do they make things so difficult?

Well that’s nice .. NOT.  My cable company “Optimum” is no longer carrying that show.  WTF?  They only carry Lifetime, period.  Guess I’ll have to pay somewhere?  So disgusted.  Was dying to see what happened with Daniel and Jessica.

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sorry, no snark intended just thought you might know.

I looked it up on Google and apparently it's Lifetime Real Women which on u-verse is a super premium channel only available at their very highest tier.

Guess we’re screwed.

• Sad 1
(edited)

What on earth?? I couldn't find this LRW anywhere on anything I have  (I'm in San Diego).  I'm pissed!

ETA: In case this helps anyone, I can watch them on the Lifetime app and/or via AppleTV,  if I log in with my Direct TV account. Only with commercials though, which may be a deal breaker.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Useful 3
44 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

What on earth?? I couldn't find this LRW anywhere on anything I have  (I'm in San Diego).  I'm pissed!

ETA: In case this helps anyone, I can watch them on the Lifetime app and/or via AppleTV,  if I log in with my Direct TV account. Only with commercials though, which may be a deal breaker.

Thanks, I have u-verse so I'll try the Lifetime app and/or Apple tv.

I have no idea why they would buy this from the Australian broadcaster & then bury it where virtually nobody can find it or see it.

• Love 2

I wasn't able to get any additional episodes on any of the channels I have access to (I'm in San Diego and have U-verse). But I noticed a few pages back on this message board, someone mentioned being able to watch on shvideos.net - I have been watching all the episodes on that site and there are no commercials!

• Love 2

I have Lifetime on Hulu and the last episode was the Meet the Parents one. Is that the last one everyone else has?

Ive watched the other seasons on shvideos.net but my internet is kinda shitty so it keeps reloading and starting over. I’ll have to give it another shot though. 

• Love 1

I don't even watch this show, but I found all this season's episodes so far including those that weren't shown on regular Lifetime on the Lifetime Real Women site here:

https://play.mylifetime.com/shows/married-at-first-sight-australia#episodes

I had to enter my Xfinity/Comcast username and password to view episodes, though.  But LRW isn't even carried by Xfinity/Comcast so that's interesting.  If you get regular Lifetime you might be able to use your cable provider login to see them.

I think just pulling and moving it mid season to something even Comcast doesn't carry is nasty.  This channel is becoming more low-life every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’m annoyed. The show wasn’t great but it was something. The regulnar Lifetime is pushing all these MAFS spin offs and next week is a look back at Boston. Who wants to look back on that? Once was enough.

• Love 7

Crap! Does that mean I'm the only one left watching this? I refuse to watch US-MAFS (or any of its 7 million iterations anymore). Some not at all surprising developments in the latest episode.

Carolina is 100% not interested in Dion, but chose to stay to give it a chance (perhaps with a different contestant?).

Jess and Daniel both choose to stay, and then Jess leaves as soon as they arrive at the apartment which leaves Daniel...hitting on Carolina. Hmmmmm.

Mitch never should have gone on this show if he has such strong issues with other people observing/commenting on their relationship, and he doesn't like drama.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, rlc said:

Crap! Does that mean I'm the only one left watching this? I refuse to watch US-MAFS (or any of its 7 million iterations anymore). Some not at all surprising developments in the latest episode.

Carolina is 100% not interested in Dion, but chose to stay to give it a chance (perhaps with a different contestant?).

Jess and Daniel both choose to stay, and then Jess leaves as soon as they arrive at the apartment which leaves Daniel...hitting on Carolina. Hmmmmm.

Mitch never should have gone on this show if he has such strong issues with other people observing/commenting on their relationship, and he doesn't like drama.

You’ll have to provide weekly updates!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, rlc said:

I may still watch it but haven't seen the latest episodes yet.

Lifetime app should be free to anyone with a cable account, just use your cable account info.

• Love 2

Looks like I am out too.  It must be getting horrible ratings if they’re moving it mid-season.  I can’t imagine Lifetime gets great ratings in general anyway, but moving something like this midway just makes no sense.  Follow the money, I guess.

• Love 2
On 6/9/2022 at 10:00 PM, Tayllor said:

I wasn't able to get any additional episodes on any of the channels I have access to (I'm in San Diego and have U-verse). But I noticed a few pages back on this message board, someone mentioned being able to watch on shvideos.net - I have been watching all the episodes on that site and there are no commercials!

Thanks for the info.  I’m going there right now.  I’m sure we have to sign in and pay?

22 hours ago, b2H said:

Looks like I am out too.  It must be getting horrible ratings if they’re moving it mid-season.  I can’t imagine Lifetime gets great ratings in general anyway, but moving something like this midway just makes no sense.  Follow the money, I guess.

I find Australia better than MAFS.  It’s different, and I like it more.  The American one is overkill.

• Love 1

Thanks for all of the info, everyone! I never would’ve found it if I hadn’t read about it here!

Never heard of LRW, and it doesn’t appear anywhere on any of our channels, including all of the stupid channels we have (Included with either our cable company Xfinity or included with our cell service Verizon Wireless, or ones we pay for like Disney+, etc).  

😤😠😡🤬

(edited)

I use Philo. 20 dollars a month. 16 for me since I've been with them since before they upped the charge. My dvr recorded up until ep 16 which was the first Dinner party with the three new couples. I see that the next two episodes are on vod since this past friday at midnight. I got lucky earlier this year. Most of the season was youtube. I watched all up until that final getaway they always do.

I'll keep an eye on if more episodes are added.

Domenica being in everyone's business and this constant judgment against men for not being emotionless robots are by far the worst parts of this season. That and how the show failed Holly. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 3:56 PM, kristen111 said:

Thanks for the info.  I’m going there right now.  I’m sure we have to sign in and pay?

I find Australia better than MAFS.  It’s different, and I like it more.  The American one is overkill.

You don't have to sign in or pay on SHvideos.net . I'm up to episode 33!

Edited by Tayllor
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/9/2022 at 10:00 PM, Tayllor said:

YES.  I went on for a minute and saw it was on there, but I couldn’t watch yet as I had a few doctors appts this week and couldn’t catch up on things.  I will go back on shvideos.net and see what’s going on and if I have to pay or what.  I really want to see the rest, so will probably pay if I have to.  Thanks for posting that.  I’ll let everyone know the particulars.  👍😀. Btw, I’m on Long IsLand, New York.  T.V. Cost a fortune.  I’m stupid when it comes to tv and electronics.  I can get it on my I pad, but I don’t know about my big screen t.v.  My husband likes the show also, but he’s clueless like me when it comes to tv electronics. Lol.  Two dummies.  We have to ask the grandkids for these things.  My seven year old grandchild knows everything.  Is it on your tv?  Is it in the channel lineup?

Edited by kristen111

I have Optimum and can access it on Demand.

I found it rather interesting that Daniel was able to get in touch with his crush Carolina before he left. 

I was surprised that Ella has such low self esteem, because she appeared to be quite confident. To be a fly on the wall when the other couples hear what Nick said about them.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Tayllor said:

I second this recommendation!  We've finished the current season and gone back to find old season we've never watched before.  SHVideos is free and doesn't have commercials...what more could we ask for?!  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Tayllor said:

Thank you so much for this. I'm having a heart wrenching week and I need the distraction of this show. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

YES.  I went on for a minute and saw it was on there, but I couldn’t watch yet as I had a few doctors appts this week and couldn’t catch up on things.  I will go back on shvideos.net and see what’s going on and if I have to pay or what.  I really want to see the rest, so will probably pay if I have to.  Thanks for posting that.  I’ll let everyone know the particulars.  👍😀. Btw, I’m on Long IsLand, New York.  T.V. Cost a fortune.  I’m stupid when it comes to tv and electronics.  I can get it on my I pad, but I don’t know about my big screen t.v.  My husband likes the show also, but he’s clueless like me when it comes to tv electronics. Lol.  Two dummies.  We have to ask the grandkids for these things.  My seven year old grandchild knows everything.  Is it on your tv?  Is it in the channel lineup?

I'm not able to watch it on my TV. I watch it on my laptop. It's free and there are no commercials. (Off topic - I grew up on Long Island. We lived in Lindenhurst until I was in high school.)

4 hours ago, Tayllor said:

I'm not able to watch it on my TV. I watch it on my laptop. It's free and there are no commercials. (Off topic - I grew up on Long Island. We lived in Lindenhurst until I was in high school.)

Haha .. lived in Oceanside .. grew up the kids there.  They all live on the island now too.  I’m in Pt. Jeff.  Getting very crowded here now.  Building on every damn lot.  Thanks for the info.  I will watch on my I pad.  I’m interested in all of them.😀👍

• Love 1