Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E26: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The ladies clear the air surrounding the Cookie Lady and Cynthia and Eva each speak their mind on the situation. Cynthia and Kenya examine their friendship, and decide if they can move past the misunderstanding surrounding their relationship. Yovanna makes an appearance to clear her name and makes a shocking claim that leaves the ladies speechless.

Airdate 05.24.2020

• Love 1

Well, quarantine reunion was interesting - some very entertaining moments.

Nene is such a typical narcissist ducking out whenever somebody tugged on her mask. Girl, bye.

• Love 21
(edited)

I couldn’t help but notice that the Cookie Lady’s store is called A Haute Cookie?  Given that “h” in “haute” is silent (contrary to Marlo’s emcee’s pronunciation), isn’t that awkward to pronounce?  “A oat cookie”?  That sounds...rather strange.  

I feel like the Cookie Lady is exactly like The Snake.  The only thing that interests me about either is the substance.  Was Paul hooking up with/trying to hook up with Cookie Lady?  Who knows, they won’t talk about that part.  Did Cynthia talk shit about Nene (while Nene was talking shit about her)?  Yes.  I don’t care about the hows, just the whys.  I feel like they have nothing left to talk about on this show anymore, so they are just talking about the mechanics of stuff, and it’s insanely boring.  

Cookie Lady’s presence on this show is ridiculous.  Let’s think about it—she is a woman who alleged that the fiancé of a friend-of followed her around a restaurant to the bar.  The friend-of in question is mute about it, and no one is even asking her to comment on it.  So why the fuck are we spending so much time delving into whether Cynthia met her first or invited her to a party or shook hands with her on camera??  Who the hell cares?  Does Paul cheat or not?  We’re not going to talk about that on camera?  Ok, fine, it shouldn’t have been a topic that spanned two parts of the reunion, damn.  

If there’s not enough footage for three parts, even though there were like 30 episodes, why not make it two parts or one part?  Is it an ego thing?  

I was surprised that Porsha was drawing attention to the fact that Kenya left the show of her own volition, given that Porsha was downgraded in season six.  

Nene left the reunion, she should be fired.  End of story.  But they’ll never fire her.  I wonder why.  Is there anyone who watches to see Nene??  The reunion was much, much easier to watch without her.  People could get their points across, boring as they were.  

I don’t care at all about Andy’s kid.  I think it’s actually really insulting to the viewers and the cast to have him come on like that.  It’s basically like, none of this is important, so I’m just gonna put my kid onscreen.  If it’s not important to Andy, they can get another host.  

I cannot believe how long they talked about something that happened offscreen at the finale with Shamea.  It was thoroughly boring.  If it was important, it should have made it to air, or at least the Secrets Revealed episode.  If it’s not important, I don’t need Porsha recounting what happened between Kenya and Shamea secondhand.  I can listen to secondhand gossip at work, when I’m getting paid.  If they had time for Yovanna, they had time for Shamea.  I think it’s all bullshit.  

Yovanna looked crooked.  Her eyes were uneven.  A “ceased and desist,” hmm.  Ugh, Yovanna said that her attorney, Eva’s husband, “responded back,” which is one of my pet peeves.  “Responded back” is redundant.  Then Tanya jumped in and asked if it was because someone had someone else’s “PIN number.”  Another redundancy.  “PIN” stands for “personal identification number,” so saying “PIN number” is the same as saying “personal identification number number.”  Geniuses, all of them.  This is all I hear, because the rest of it is noise.  I explained above why I don’t care about Yovanna.  I believe everything she said, and I just don’t care.  

The Real Housewives of New Jersey started in early November and concluded by mid March, and it was a pretty decent season.  This show started the same week as RHNJ and it’s still going on Memorial Day weekend.  That’s flabbergasting to me.  This wasn’t even a mediocre season, let alone good.  Nothing happened.  They’re airing Porsha negotiating Nene’s return over the phone.  Really?  Potomac was pushed back twice for this?  I am not looking forward to a season 13 anytime soon.  

Kandi said it best:  “I am over it dot com.”  Indeed.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos
  • Love 9

Andy really dislikes Kenya, he loves putting her through the hot seat when it comes to viewers questions but a part of me suspects that it is  really Andy and the producers.  I would love to know why he loves Nene who is just as vile as Kenya, yet he really has a hate for her.  Kenya was the most beautiful lady at the reunion, her makeup was understated and her hair was on point.. I am not a fan of hers but she is a beautiful woman.

13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I couldn’t help but notice that the Cookie Lady’s store is called A Haute Cookie?  Given that “h” in “haute” is silent (contrary to Marlo’s emcee’s pronunciation), isn’t that awkward to pronounce?  “A oat cookie”?  That sounds...rather strange.  

Haute would not be a good word to add to cookie. It does sound strange, unless she just gave her bakery a french name instead of combining a french word with an english one.   

20 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Nene left the reunion, she should be fired.  End of story.  But they’ll never fire her.  I wonder why.  Is there anyone who watches to see Nene??  The reunion was much, much easier to watch without her.  People could get their points across, boring as they were.  

Nene is a coward and she should get fired but Andy loves her so she is safe..

• Love 11

It is a called a Haute Cookie and they pronounce it “Hot Cookie” at the business and in town. It’s all such a farce Haute Cookie has catered RHOA reunions, Married to Medicine, and WWHL for years so the ladies and Andy know that woman. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, drivethroo said:

If Cynthia hadn't been trash talking Nene behind her back in the first place, she wouldn't have had to worry and wonder about who recorded her or not.

I never understood why she was even worried about the recording. They trash each other all the time on their talking heads so what is the big deal.

Cynthia is attracted to toxic people like Kenya and Nene.. A viewer asked her why she does that, first with Nene and now with Kenya.

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Cynthia is attracted to toxic people like Kenya and Nene.. A viewer asked her why she does that, first with Nene and now with Kenya.

Also Peter, that boring person Eva, and fugazi Mike. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I never understood why she was even worried about the recording. They trash each other all the time on their talking heads so what is the big deal.

And Cynthia might be walking into another toxic marriage too - she knows he has cheated on every woman before her. What was her answer to that viewer, I missed it?

• Love 5

I don’t care at all about Andy’s kid.  I think it’s actually really insulting to the viewers and the cast to have him come on like that.  It’s basically like, none of this is important, so I’m just gonna put my kid onscreen.  If it’s not important to Andy, they can get another host.  

Yes, to everything you said.

Honestly, at this point, who cares about Nene and Cynthia repairing their friendship. Much like Tamra and Vicki on RHOC, they haven't been friends longer than they have been friends. If you have reached that mark, then maybe it's time to throw in the towel and accept you will not be friends again, move on, and just try to be acquaintances who can get along with each other at group meets and events.

And Cynthia might be walking into another toxic marriage too - she knows he has cheated on every woman before her. What was her answer to that viewer, I missed it?

Despite everything, I still like Cynthia, and hope she wakes up one day and realizes she can do better.

Yovanna looked crooked.  Her eyes were uneven.  A “ceased and desist,” hmm.  Ugh, Yovanna said that her attorney, Eva’s husband, “responded back,” which is one of my pet peeves.  “Responded back” is redundant.  Then Tanya jumped in and asked if it was because someone had someone else’s “PIN number.”  Another redundancy.  “PIN” stands for “personal identification number,” so saying “PIN number” is the same as saying “personal identification number number.”  Geniuses, all of them.  This is all I hear, because the rest of it is noise.  I explained above why I don’t care about Yovanna.  I believe everything she said, and I just don’t care.  

These women need to look up the definition of the word pleonasm...then again, I'm probably guilty of it myself lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Despite everything, I still like Cynthia, and hope she wakes up one day and realizes she can do better.

I like her too. Wonder what happened with Leon - he seems like the best of her men, but who know what really goes on!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I was very confused about Cynthia's reasoning for inviting the cookie lady to the birthday party.

Was anyone surprised that Kenya didn't respond to Nene's "I'm reaching out" text?  I wouldn't have responded either.  Nene has never been sincere about anything and she never takes accountability for shit she does.  She claims to be this "I keep it real" person, but she couldn't even admit that she was talking about Kandi on her youtube thing.  Also, every single apology she gives starts with "well if you were upset/if your feelings were hurt/if....."

You could tell that Andy is was so fucking annoyed with Nene.  She thinks she has way more power than she actually does.  She walked off camera twice and then called Porsha and had the nerve to demand she be put on speakerphone/have Porsha be the intermediary.  That shit ain't gonna fly. 

Yovanna is the definition of trying too hard. Everything that she said was all over the place.  I think she's telling a slightly altered version of the truth.  I posted in one of the other threads that I believe Nene put her up to it and she was all too happy to oblige since Eva wouldn't give in to the drama she clearly wanted to start at the "I'm that bitch" dinner.  I also think Yovanna did make some recordings and has them somewhere.  The whole "I lied about making recordings" is a lie to protect her legally.  Either way, she sucks and Bravo should just stop putting her on screed.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12715423

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I think all of these women are in desperate need of therapy. 

It bothered me to see all these black women calling each other names while Andy sat there smiling.  I bet if these women were in his family he wouldn't be yuk yuking it up.

I think Nene needs to leave.  She's over the show, why is she still there? 

I cannot stand Kenya, she sees herself as above all of these women, especially Nene, yet look where she is, on a Bravo reality show, just like Nene.  I think she has a deep resentment against Nene.  I have a friend like Kenya, she got an advanced degree that she went into debt to get.  After getting it, she got royally screwed and could not find a job due to sexism and ageism.  She gets upset when she sees people with less education who are financially better off than she.  Kenya is jealous and resentful of everybody.  I remember how she was with Kim Fields, she wanted her career so badly it was painful to watch.

I cannot stand Eva either but I think she's trying to re-write her life, to pretend that she's the Queen of the Nile now.  I still remember the Eva Marcille Project, so she can miss me with that act.  BTW, I thought last season Eva didn't like Yovanna, something about Yovanna pretending she didn't know who Eva was or something like that, Eva did not like her.  Now Eva seems to like Yovanna, maybe because Eva's husband is representing her,  wonder what type of lawyer he is. 

I think all of these women are in need of therapy, this used to be a fun, silly show.  But now it has become mean spirited and nasty.  To me Porsha was the only bright spot in this whole reunion mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I was very confused about Cynthia's reasoning for inviting the cookie lady to the birthday party.

So was I. I was trying to follow along with her story, but it didn't make sense to me. Cookie lady tells them about Paul, and Cynthia decides to invite her to Brooklyn's party so Cookie lady could tell Tanya herself? Why would you court drama at a child's party, Cynthia? Sis was trying too hard to work for that peach. 

I've been disappointed with Cynthia for a minute. Andy missed the opportunity to ask Cynthia if she thought Kenya taking jabs at her lack of wine knowledge was "fun shade" like she thought it was when Kenya crashed Marlo's event.

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

You could tell that Andy is was so fucking annoyed with Nene.  She thinks she has way more power than she actually does.  She walked off camera twice and then called Porsha and had the nerve to demand she be put on speakerphone/have Porsha be the intermediary.  That shit ain't gonna fly. 

Exactly. NeNe thinks that the show stops once she leaves. Her presence is so important that the reunion should grind to a halt.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 12

NeNe used to be the reason I watched this show - when so many others came and went, NeNe was still there - even when she was having some "Hollywood success".  

However, she's so disconnected from the rest of the group and they all seem rather united against her that I'm not sure what she adds.  Stomping off the reunion was ridiculous - maybe she's finally over it.  I'm over her.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Ken thanking her goons at the end made it very clear that she, Kandi, Cynthia, Eva and probably even Yovanna linked up before the reunion with a plan to "stick together". 

Why do a I get the feeling that they're trying to do to Nene what Kyle, Dorito, Teddy and co did to Vanderpump on Beverly Hills and gang up to push her out? 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 5

The difference is NayNay wants to go!  She's over this show and it's obvious!  She's just doing this apology tour because nobody wanted to film with her last season and she needs the coins, hunny.  Those boutiques don't pay for themselves!

She's used to being on Andy's good side too.  That stunt at the reunion MIGHT have changed his opinion some.  We can only HOPE....

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

My eyes were glazing over when Yvonna was on. She yammered on for ever and I just don’t care about any of it The snake bs went in forever.

Nene sucks so much. She always runs away. She’s just abrasive and she needs to be fired. I wish they would’ve just closed off her stupid square. I’m over her. She thinks way too high of herself.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

I like her too. Wonder what happened with Leon - he seems like the best of her men, but who know what really goes on!

He proposed to her and she turned him down. It seems she only like losers instead. 

He moved on. Rightfully. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

He proposed to her and she turned him down. It seems she only like losers instead. 

He moved on. Rightfully. 

What?! If he’s as good as he seems, she really has a broken man-picker!

• Love 10

Why do a I get the feeling that they're trying to do to Nene what Kyle, Dorito, Teddy and co did to Vanderpump on Beverly Hills and gang up to push her out? 

Short of violence, I doubt anyone can push anyone out, whether here on or RHOBH.

Besides, Nene has Marlo, Porsha, and Tanya on her side, for the most part. She and Kandi only seemed to have beef at the reunion, and Cynthia and Nene spent another season of "Lets rebuild our friendship" pantomime theater.

The only person who seemed to really have any true beef during the season with Nene was Kenya. Had Nene spent more time trying to cultivate real friendships - and not Nene's warped idea of what a friendship is - with the other women, she'd be in a much better place now.

Nene is where she is because of her own damn stupid actions.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Yes, but in this case it would be a good thing, lol. Whatever it takes to rid us of NeNe, I'm in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Nene wanted that prime time gigs and seemed to get it for a while with Ryan Murphy but some how that bridge was burned since we all know he stays giving jobs and roles to his faves. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/25/2020 at 1:26 PM, Sheenieb said:

So was I. I was trying to follow along with her story, but it didn't make sense to me. Cookie lady tells them about Paul, and Cynthia decides to invite her to Brooklyn's party so Cookie lady could tell Tanya herself? Why would you court drama at a child's party, Cynthia? Sis was trying too hard to work for that peach. 

I've been disappointed with Cynthia for a minute. Andy missed the opportunity to ask Cynthia if she thought Kenya taking jabs at her lack of wine knowledge was "fun shade" like she thought it was when Kenya crashed Marlo's event.

Exactly. NeNe thinks that the show stops once she leaves. Her presence is so important that the reunion should grind to a halt.

Agreed, Cynthia was so full of shit over the cookie lady crap, , I don't blame Kandi, Girl come on now.  Nene needs to move on now, she's digging her own grave with the show anyway. I don't watch the show for Nene never have.  

• Love 5

NeNe is at the place Vicki Gunvalson was at when she finally left RHOC.  She thinks VERY highly of herself and her contribution to the show and has piss poor reactions when the "lowlies" don't kiss the ring.

All she needs to do is say this: THIS IS MY SHOW!! And poof! Gone.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Nene wanted that prime time gigs and seemed to get it for a while with Ryan Murphy but some how that bridge was burned since we all know he stays giving jobs and roles to his faves. 

True, I believe that Nene's antics on the show has damaged her off the show, remember her telling Peter that none of the ladies on the show were on her level. I would like Nene to tell me what level is she on, I think that she is trash.. Not to mention Nene wishing rape on a female heckler at her comedy show. To be an entertainer, you have to have a thick skin, you will be rejected and not everybody is going to like your brand of entertainment. Nene is thin-skinned violent nasty and belligerent.   Why would Ryan Murphy subject the actors on his projects with that type of attitude. 

Nene was fun when she started and her reality star fame got to her head.  She has never been held to account for her nastiness, she got a little bit of a reprimand for attacking that crew member last year but nothing came of it in my opinion because Andy still watches out for her no matter what because her nonsense keeps the money rolling in....

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

NeNe is at the place Vicki Gunvalson was at when she finally left RHOC.  She thinks VERY highly of herself and her contribution to the show and has piss poor reactions when the "lowlies" don't kiss the ring.

All she needs to do is say this: THIS IS MY SHOW!! And poof! Gone.

I really, really hope that is true. Seems to me Nene has made this kind of comment before (I might be wrong) - also she assaulted a coworker (camera man) and should have been fired and sued for that, yet Andy seems to love her, even though no other housewives want to film with her, very few on this forum were happy to see her .... there are those who love her on this forum and I  respect your opinion and perspective.

For me, Nene needs to go far, far away never to be seen again.

There is a reason I never go on Twitter (too much vitrol and opinions of people who have no relevance in my life - or in intellectual discussions in any form). 
I saw a study that showed that over 80% of postings on Twitter come from 10% of users.

When I did look on #rhoa on Twitter, the love for Nene is disturbing.

I’m beginning to think Bravo and other networks (and other businesses and political candidates - all sides - in general) judge popularity based upon Twitter. That’s an incredibly inaccurate, unscientific way of deciding how the average viewer/American/or target audience think in general because you are not getting an accurate sampling of All viewers/voters/consumers - vs. using other sampling that is representative of your audience as a whole (this is my wheel house).

Active Twitter posters do not represent the general population - you are not randomly selecting viewers/voters/consumers based on criteria - you just decide the loudest voice should win and represents the public at large.

Not talking about political ideology in any way, but there are some in the last few years who relied upon Twitter as an expression of the public at large. And whoever did that, on both sides of the aisle, did not have a very favorable outcome.

I also wonder if networks think - wow, viewership is up over last year at the time, so let’s renew this bad show rather that looking at the fact that - well, viewership of all kinds of crap has gone up since March — because - duh.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I really, really hope that is true. Seems to me Nene has made this kind of comment before (I might be wrong) - also she assaulted a coworker (camera man) and should have been fired and sued for that, yet Andy seems to love her, even though no other housewives want to film with her, very few on this forum were happy to see her .... there are those who love her on this forum and I  respect your opinion and perspective.

For me, Nene needs to go far, far away never to be seen again.

There is a reason I never go on Twitter (too much vitrol and opinions of people who have no relevance in my life - or in intellectual discussions in any form). 
I saw a study that showed that over 80% of postings on Twitter come from 10% of users.

When I did look on #rhoa on Twitter, the love for Nene is disturbing.

I’m beginning to think Bravo and other networks (and other businesses and political candidates - all sides - in general) judge popularity based upon Twitter. That’s an incredibly inaccurate, unscientific way of deciding how the average viewer/American/or target audience think in general because you are not getting an accurate sampling of All viewers/voters/consumers - vs. using other sampling that is representative of your audience as a whole (this is my wheel house).

Active Twitter posters do not represent the general population - you are not randomly selecting viewers/voters/consumers based on criteria - you just decide the loudest voice should win and represents the public at large.

Not talking about political ideology in any way, but there are some in the last few years who relied upon Twitter as an expression of the public at large. And whoever did that, on both sides of the aisle, did not have a very favorable outcome.

I also wonder if networks think - wow, viewership is up over last year at the time, so let’s renew this bad show rather that looking at the fact that - well, viewership of all kinds of crap has gone up since March — because - duh.

I love your post about Nene and don't forget we have Russian bots on social media and I have even encountered some on here in other forums stirring the pot. The extreme irrational hatred against the movie Captain marvel was led by Russian bots. It still made $1 billion.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I love your post about Nene and don't forget we have Russian bots on social media and I have even encountered some on here in other forums stirring the pot. The extreme irrational hatred against the movie Captain marvel was led by Russian bots. It still made $1 billion.  

Thank you ❤️

I. didn’t know that about The Russian Bot and Captain Marvel - that interesting and such a weird thing for them to do (but they’re bots, so there’s that)

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Thank you ❤️

I. didn’t know that about The Russian Bot and Captain Marvel - that interesting and such a weird thing for them to do (but they’re bots, so there’s that)

Their goal is to keep people fighting about anything and everything, big or small..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
On 5/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, Pearson80 said:

Andy really dislikes Kenya, he loves putting her through the hot seat when it comes to viewers questions but a part of me suspects that it is  really Andy and the producers.  I would love to know why he loves Nene who is just as vile as Kenya, yet he really has a hate for her.  Kenya was the most beautiful lady at the reunion, her makeup was understated and her hair was on point.. I am not a fan of hers but she is a beautiful woman.

Haute would not be a good word to add to cookie. It does sound strange, unless she just gave her bakery a french name instead of combining a french word with an english one.   

Nene is a coward and she should get fired but Andy loves her so she is safe..

Can't deny that Andy has it out for Kenya, but no, I can see people asking Kenya those questions, she really is awful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Just curious, what do you y'all think the seating chart would have been had it been a normal reunion?

I'd have guessed on Andy's left: Nene, Porsha, Eve or Kandi (whoever it was would be bumped to the other couch once Marlo and Tanya are brought out)

Andy's right: Kenya, Cynthia, Eve or Kandi

^^^^

That’s the seating chart I would have thought of too.  I think it would be Kenya, Cynthia and Kandi on one side and Nene, Porsha and Eva on the other.  Since the friends-of were both on Nene’s side, I agree Eva would have moved over to the other couch (since that’s where she wound up—on the Kenya/Cyn/Kandi side in the end), assuming both of the friends-of came out at the same time, which they did last year IIRC.  

Just out of curiosity, why do you picture certain people to Andy’s right or left?  I was laughing, because I was picturing Kenya and Co on his left.  Is there a rhyme or reason as to how he alternates reunion seatings?

Also, I am notoriously awful at predicting reunion seatings, so if I thought it, it’s probably wrong! Lol 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

^^^^

That’s the seating chart I would have thought of too.  I think it would be Kenya, Cynthia and Kandi on one side and Nene, Porsha and Eva on the other.  Since the friends-of were both on Nene’s side, I agree Eva would have moved over to the other couch (since that’s where she wound up—on the Kenya/Cyn/Kandi side in the end), assuming both of the friends-of came out at the same time, which they did last year IIRC.  

Just out of curiosity, why do you picture certain people to Andy’s right or left?  I was laughing, because I was picturing Kenya and Co on his left.  Is there a rhyme or reason as to how he alternates reunion seatings?

Also, I am notoriously awful at predicting reunion seatings, so if I thought it, it’s probably wrong! Lol 

If it was up to me, Nene and Kenya would have been seated behind the couch in folding chairs 6 inches apart 😜

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

why do you picture certain people to Andy’s right or left?  I was laughing, because I was picturing Kenya and Co on his left.

Except for the season 3 reunion, Nene has always been on Andy's left, and is seated closest to him. Obviously season 9 doesn't count.

Now, just for shits and giggles...

x.jpg

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 2