Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: I Am Legends

• Start Topic

First thing’s first Gary. Don’t give that sweet face bunny carrots. Stick to the greens and baby will be fine.

I love, love, love that shot of everyone waiting for the bus. It reminds me of the Spider-verse in the best way.

”Everything comes with a price” ::starts twitching:: Just keep Rump and Regina far away and we’ll be fine.

London chic looked great on everyone. Love the sunglasses Sara had.

A punch from Mick can kill a zombie. Checks out.

The zombies weren’t interested in Con! Hahahahahaha! I love him just standing in front of the one trying to get to Zari. That shit was hilarious.

Gideon hopping through the Waverider while the god powered Legends get mistaken for super sentient zombies. This show is a genius.

Zari and Con fighting their way into hooking up and Charlie saw it immediately when they returned.

That was some bloodbath. I’m sure it’ll be reversed but death by zombie makes for an interesting story. 

• Love 6

Whelp, pack it in, folks!  Legends of Tomorrow is now just the Charlie Show, since everyone else is totally dead now!  Heh, just kidding.

The Legends dealing with a zombie outbreak went about as well as I figured it would!  I did like that the entire gang was together for most of it (outside of Constatine/Zari's detour), and it was great seeing them all interact with one another again.  And I think they did a good job at having each of them have one moment to shine, and help play a part with getting them to where they needed to be.

Of course, the show made sure that we totally knew they were in England by having a double-decker bus, a van with a fish and chips logo, and an old British guy saying "bollocks."  England in a nutshell, right?!

Show certainly didn't mess around with Constatine/Zari, and already having them hook-up.  We'll see if its just a good old "We're probably about to die, so let's just do it!" thing, or if there is something real there.  Either way, Tala Ashe and Matt Ryan continue to bring it.

Still bored with Ava's constant struggle over being a leader.  I know she's her girlfriend, but maybe Sara needs to start thinking about someone else when it comes to the captaining thing.

Hallucination Gideon was another fun way to have Amy Louise Pemberton there in person.  Still wouldn't be opposed to them finding a way to make that permanent...

Astra does end up betraying the team to Lacheis and Atropos, only to be talked out of it by Gary and... well, die.  Yep, there will certainly be more trust issues going forward!

Next week looks like it will be nuts! 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

”Everything comes with a price” ::starts twitching:: Just keep Rump and Regina far away and we’ll be fine.

Oh God, its finally happened! Regina and her purple clouds of doom are getting closer to absorbing the Arrowverse in her quest to conquer the multiverse! Red alert people red alert, we need all hands on neck to save the verse from becoming lobotomized Regina worshipers! Forget about the Anti-Monitor and Crisis, God Queen Regina is truly the greatest threat to the mutiverse! 

Well I guess thats the show, I am certainly going to miss everyone but the Three Fates sounds like a pretty sweet spin-off! 

I mean obviously this is all going to work out and everyone will come back, but damn, everyone got eaten by zombies, thats a nasty way to go. But on the plus side, Sara gets anther death tick on her punch card! One more, and she gets a free sub! Even Gary and Astra on the Waverider got taken out. Gary actually got to show some competence this week, doing some magic, sneaking around the Waverider, and even managed to turn Astra around again, but sadly that wasnt enough to save either of them. At least Gary Jr. 2 is presumably alright!

So many zombie references this week, with my favorite being the extended Shaun of the Dead references, fighting zombies in an English pub! Sara even used a pool cue! Everyone looked adorable in their English clothes, especially Sara's look, and of course because its the UK, we get double decker buses, fish and chips, and pubs. 

I swear, its not that I dislike Ava, or even Ava/Sara, but the show constantly trying to make Ava the new leader of the team is getting really annoying, its like they're trying to diminish Sara and push her to the side for their new favorite. Ava isnt even that good of a captain for the Legends, and her plots about wanting to lead and struggling are getting rather old. 

We are fully going there with Zari and Constantine, and I think it worked out really well. They have great chemistry, and I am interested in seeing if they actually try and have a relationship after this, or if this was a "we might die so its now or never" thing, or even if all of this loom of fate stuff could affect things, but I am interested no matter what it all shakes out. 

Awww, Mick doesent want to disappoint his daughter by getting arrested, even if it was by mistake due to zombie misunderstandings. 

This week, everyone remembers that they have actual super powers! I guess when zombies are attacking, its time to up the budget.  

It was great seeing Gideon, even if it was a hallucination, and we got a few Rip references. I miss Rip. With the references we have gotten lately to deceased characters and all the talk of bringing people back from the dead and the Loom of Fate, I keep hoping to see some dead characters maybe pop back to life. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

Zombies? Well, that happened in the second season, but I'll allow it. Ditto Gary trying to save the day guided only by a hallucination of Gideon. Or maybe massive shocks are the only way she can directly communicate with anyone as a human.

The Legends -- now mostly immortal -- go on another crappy road trip. And as long as they have zombies, why not borrow from Shaun of the Dead, ending things in a pub? Actually, that's a Time Bureau base. But that's in England, and I thought the Bureau was funded by the U.S. government. I'm guessing this is a case where I should let things slide. Ooo! Zombies! And a John/Zardashian near-death hook-up! And a hapless zombie trying to bite Nate's arm when he's steeled up!

I'm just going along for the ride with the Fates, and I'm not really invested. I'm blaming the pandemic for that. Astra is showing depth . . . I'm honestly thinking she was going to cross her sisters all along, and Gary didn't actually her mind. But I will admit Gary was pretty gutsy trying to save the day. Too bad he got killed for that.

I'm good with Ava as co-captain. I did think Sara was being fatalistic about her own impending death. I mean, she's come close to the line, and she's been over the line. One day, she might actually stay dead. Oh, and Caity got to wear a hat. I met her a few years ago at Heroes/Villains, and she told me she likes hats in real life.

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Just keep Rump and Regina far away and we’ll be fine.

I feel like I'm missing something.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I feel like I'm missing something.

On Once Upon A Time Rumpelstiltskin was always saying "magic comes with a price". The show ended with Regina, The Evil Queen, declared Dictator Of The Multiverse and Rump, who spent centuries terrorizing and murdering the fairytale world, ended up with the wife he abused. So the show saying a similar phrase "everything comes with a price" gave us nasty Once flashbacks because the last thing this show needs is for Regina or Rump to show up.

• Love 3

Well, I'll admit that I was half distracted by the Batwoman news, so I wasn't fully paying attention to the episode. But there were some very strong moments that I did see. 

I actually really like that the zombies devoured everyone. Yes, it's clear that they will all be fine and brought back, but it's nice to see the Legends lose this battle against zombies. Don't fuck with the zombies, man, especially hordes of them. 

Zari/Constantine finally hook up. I could have done without the cliche * yell yell yell* *make out suddenly*, but it was still a good episode for them. 

So awesome seeing Amy Pemberton show up in the flesh again. Gary still annoys so I kind of tuned most of his stuff out.

Ava...as co-captain...yaaaayyyyy........yawn.

Astra continues to be great. I like seeing her struggle with betraying the Legends vs doing the right thing.

I'll need to rewatch the episode this weekend, for sure.

• Love 2

Sara was very zen about dying. I like Caity's subdued portrayal of it.

Good to see Gideon again.

Strange to see the "Quarantine Area" sign on the show, knowing the whole world just went through/is going through a real quarantine right now.

I wish the show would stop pushing their "Ava is a co-captain now" agenda. I feel like that whole setup was to tell the audience, "Hey look! Sara's completely happy with Ava leading her team after she's gone. You should embrace it too!" It doesn't work that way for me.

• Love 5

Weren't they somewhere in New England last week?  They were in the sorority house.  We saw them in it still at the beginning of the episode.  Then they stepped outside and they were in England?  How did that happen?  They were looking for the Waverider and the portal and it wasn't there.

I don't understand how Nate is vulnerable to zombies.  He turns to steel.  Zombies can't bite steel.  Even if he got mobbed by them, turn to steel and just barrel out.  Did we see Constantine succumbing at the end too?  I thought they ignore him because they don't think he's alive.

I hope the deaths of Gary and Ava are the only ones that stick.  But no doubt, next week, Charlie will use the Loom and bring everyone back, including Behrad, Astra's mom, and Sara's sight.  Is next week the season finale?

I did enjoy seeing the increased use of powers.  Finally Nate remembers he turns to steel.  Zari uses her totem more than once.

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I swear, its not that I dislike Ava, or even Ava/Sara, but the show constantly trying to make Ava the new leader of the team is getting really annoying, its like they're trying to diminish Sara and push her to the side for their new favorite. Ava isnt even that good of a captain for the Legends, and her plots about wanting to lead and struggling are getting rather old. 

I'm going to make it simple and say "I dislike Ava".  When Sara grabbed her hand and had a future flash, I was SO hoping that it meant that Ava was finally going to die.  I'm really tired of Ava, her insecurities, her uselessness.  I don't understand how Ava, with little formal training, is one of the go-to fighters on the team, when we have a guy who can turn into steel, a woman with wind powers, and a guy with a flame gun.  

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don't understand how Nate is vulnerable to zombies.  He turns to steel.  Zombies can't bite steel.  Even if he got mobbed by them, turn to steel and just barrel out.  Did we see Constantine succumbing at the end too?  I thought they ignore him because they don't think he's alive.

I was thinking that too, but I think eventually Nate will get tired and no longer have the energy to steel up, which is when the zombies will finally get him. We did see a zombie try to bite Nate's steel arm and not getting through. I think Constantine was busy trying to pull/push zombies away from the other Legends.

So there is a limit to Sara's powers - she can't see any future beyond her death. That makes her vision kinda lacking, since she seems to die every other day. Seriously though, I wonder if her death resets everything and not only means her sight is back when she comes back to life, but she loses the power too.

Edited by lurker22

So Sara can survive seeing a gods true form but dies by zombies? Seeing quarantine signs in movies and shows now are never going to be the same. 

They are not even pretending that Sara's still in charge. They are going full steam ahead with the co-captain thing. 

If Ava was the director of the time Bureau and that's why she gets to be Captain with Sara. Why do they continue to show her being insecure and unsure about it? That's is the whole reason she even gets the job. Or is it really just because she's Sara's girlfriend. 

I don't mind the Zari/John hook up. They have much better chemistry then her and Nate. 

Loved seeing live Gideon again. It's too bad she was stuck with Gary. Who for some reason is smarter in his subconscious then in real life. We did get confirmation that he went to school with his should've paid attention in computer science class. So he has more life experience than Ava. 

We know they will all be fine next week. So the stakes were not that high, plus we saw them all die in S2 and I thought that ep did it better. 

• Love 4

The deaths seem to be about Charlie. She has been running from her family forever. She turned into a little girl the first time she saw her sister in years. Now she is running to face them, so she can save the Legends. 

Also, Sara accepting what her vision told her and giving Ava her mantra. I felt very similar to when watching Sara gave Laurel her jacket. Not a good feeling by the way...

I think Constantine and Zari are fun to watch. Better than any other romantic couple on the show now and it feels natural like Ray and Nora did.

• Love 3
(edited)

Fun episode and very much enjoyed it.

-Loved the scene with the team around the table and drinking.

-Agreed that Constantine and Zari have great chemistry and Zari has been an MVP this year.

-Great seeing Gideon in the flesh again and fun story for Gary.

-Co-captains for life...er, no.  I don't know where this is coming from.  Ava is Sara's girlfriend and because of this, that makes her a co-captain?  Not buying or accepting that.  It sounds like some bizarre take on everyone gets a trophy.  Sara earned her status as captain of the Legends and there was no reason that should have been changed before her recen blindness.

I do like Ava but she is not and will never be Sara.  I can see her as a first officer and I can see a co-captain thing at the moment but there is only one captain of the Legends and that is Sara.  I don't know why the writers thought that a joint captaincy was needed or wanted.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Weren't they somewhere in New England last week?  They were in the sorority house.  We saw them in it still at the beginning of the episode.  Then they stepped outside and they were in England?  How did that happen?  They were looking for the Waverider and the portal and it wasn't there.

The actual sorority house at Hudson U. was a wreck, so they set up a (magic? Time/space?) portal so walking through the front door actually took you to Constantine's house in England. The Fates broke the portal when they stole the Waverider, stranding the team on Egdon Heath.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am guessing Gideon was actually Gary Jr. 2 who is actually Enchantress.  Considering that in a previous episode, Constantine told her that he thought she wasn't allowed to meddle, so getting Gary to act would be her way of indirectly meddling.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am guessing Gideon was actually Gary Jr. 2 who is actually Enchantress.  Considering that in a previous episode, Constantine told her that he thought she wasn't allowed to meddle, so getting Gary to act would be her way of indirectly meddling.

Oh I like that idea. Because, yes I know it’s Legends and I’m not supposed to think about it that much, but I kept wondering how Gary’s hallucinations would know what Gideon looks like.  

I’ll have to go back and look to refresh my memory, but it feels like I haven’t been commenting a lot in the episode threads this season (at least not during this second half) because I’ve been a bit unreasonably upset about the whole Ava/Sara situation.  Not the ship itself, though I’m not a fan, but just the continual persistent sidelining of Sara in favor of Ava, beyond what can (IMO) be reasonably explained by CL’s other commitments.  It’s made it hard to appreciate some of the good things about this season.  This episode is a classic case in point.  I just cannot accept Sara handing the reins over to Ava like she does here, even with the excuse of the vision of her own death.  It feels uncomfortably like they’re setting up for Sara’s departure at the end of the season, and while I hope that doesn’t end up being the case, it’s just upsetting.  I know all the deaths here are going to be reversed (just like all the dustings in Infinity War), but there’s a very passing-of-the-torch feeling in the conversations between Sara and Ava that doesn’t fit what is very obviously going to be temporary deaths.  

Other than that....wow, Gary wasn’t completely useless.  Color me shocked.  Good to see Amy Pemberton again for her once-a-season appearance, even if she is just Gary’s hallucination.   And ok, yeah, I’m here for Zari/Constantine....so much more chemistry than Zari/Nate.   

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, tarotx said:

Also, Sara accepting what her vision told her and giving Ava her mantra. I felt very similar to when watching Sara gave Laurel her jacket. Not a good feeling by the way...

I know!!! I think that’s why I’m so upset about it. Please don’t do this to my girl all over again.  😭

Edited by Starfish35

I also have not been enjoying these past 2 seasons because they have been pushing Sara more and more in the background and taking away her leadership. Last season Ava was basically Sara's boss. Now Sara has to share her position with Ava because Ava lost her job. The babe thing is getting annoying too. Its like they have to remind us they are in a relationship everytime they talk to each other. That's like saying someone's name at the every sentence. Or maybe I'm playing too much animal crossing because they also say a nickname phrase to end every sentence. And it's annoying. Lol

Another thing that shows that the writers don't care about Sara and her past is Sara not even bringing up the fact that she's died before or saying something about thats why she was afraid of the thinking about the future. Which shows that the Ava purgatory episode wasn't about them working out their issues it was about working out Ava's issues. Sara mentioned none of that she went straight to telling Ava to lead the team. Even though we've seen how terrible she has been at it. Case in point Ava immediately asks Sara to tell her what to do. Sara tells her what to do instead of standing up in front of her team and telling them what do herself. It's not like she really needs to pass the torch, I'm sure Ava and the team would just assume she's in charge anyway if Sara died. 

I miss S1-S3 Sara who would've stood in front of the team and gave them a pep talk even if all the odds were against them. That Sara never gave up even if it was a suicide mission. Sara never let her death stop her before. Where has that Sara gone? Right she got pushed aside for because her girlfriend needs to feel in charge too. 

I didn't think of Enchantress being the bunny, but that works better for me than Gary's subconscious being 10 times smarter. So I hope that is the case. 

• Love 5

So everyone except Charlie is dead but probably not. The use of zombies felt more Shaun Of The Dead then Walking Dead which I guess was the point.

I don't believe Charlie has switched sides and neither will her sisters at some point in the next two episodes.

Gary has been more annoying this season but he actually made an effort and worked well with Gideon and even got Astra to change her mind. Why can't he that useful more often?

Still don't like the Constantine/Zari pairing. The actors have chemistry but it still feels forced for me. They just work better as friends.

Sara should have been more honest with everyone, it was jarring that she wasn't here. Ava, Mick and Nate had some okay moments but meh mostlymto their scenes this week.

Intrigued to see how these last two episodes resolve this story. 7/10

Okay, overall I enjoyed the episode.

But this out of nowhere "co-captains" thing really rankled. They just pulled it out of their collective butts. And it really do comes across as if Ava doesn`t understand the concept of "earning" something since she seems to think all of Sara`s is somehow automatically equally hers, including the captaincy of the Waverider.

None of the characters who ever took charge here and then made those claims. But of course Sara forever validates her. This toddler needs some boundarious, not endless spoiling, Sara.   

On the one hand I find it hilarious that they do keep showing Ava really ill-suited for leadership, at least to the Legends. She is neurotic, over-eager, quickly falls apart and forever needs validation. Sara calmly discusses her death and in 0.5 seconds Ava needs to be comforted. But I`m also soured on it because I know the writers don`t realize this and think she is charming and quirky but really, really capable. Nope. 

Zari even in this episode showed ten times the capabilities. And that is the "shallow" version. 

Now I did like Zari and Constantine, cliché scene and all. Didn`t think they would go there. Charlie`s grin upon realizing they had boinked was cute. 

The zombie apocalypse was reasonably "scary". I don`t like when Legends go sooo goofy and campy, neither threats nor heroics have any weight or gravitas to them. Thankfully that has gotten better in the last few episodes. 

What is the actress for Atropos going for with that robotic act with wide-blown eyes? Not a fan. Neither of her sisters act robotic. 

Gary tried to be helpful and even was to a degree.       

• Love 3
On 5/20/2020 at 12:25 AM, tennisgurl said:

So many zombie references this week, with my favorite being the extended Shaun of the Dead references, fighting zombies in an English pub! Sara even used a pool cue!

Kept waiting for ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ to kick in.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, Aeryn13 said:

None of the characters who ever took charge here and then made those claims. But of course Sara forever validates her. This toddler needs some boundarious, not endless spoiling, Sara.   

On the one hand I find it hilarious that they do keep showing Ava really ill-suited for leadership, at least to the Legends. She is neurotic, over-eager, quickly falls apart and forever needs validation. Sara calmly discusses her death and in 0.5 seconds Ava needs to be comforted. But I`m also soured on it because I know the writers don`t realize this and think she is charming and quirky but really, really capable. Nope. 

Zari even in this episode showed ten times the capabilities. And that is the "shallow" version. 

I'm going to just single this out because it really fits. Logically as the former Director of the Time Bureau Ava is the best choice for second in command among all the Legends as she has actually experience commanding people.  However, the problem is they keep showing Ava as very VERY incompetent at leadership, far more so than she should be. I'd be much more accepting of the idea if they actually showed Ava as a different but still effective style of leadership. The way it is now they make even MICK RORY look like they would be way better at leading the Legends than Ava would ever be, and that's just sad.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:46 PM, Lantern7 said:

I did think Sara was being fatalistic about her own impending death.

Which is weird since they've already established that what Sara sees in her visions doesn't have to come to pass, she's averted them several times. When I heard Sara's "vision is happening" sound and then Sara lied about not seeing anything I knew where this episode was going and I HATED it. I could understand Sara being a bit freaked out, but not telling anybody she's going to die? As she explains to Ava Sara even knew exactly how she was going to die.

If Sara had just told the Legends this the team could have at least tried to come up with somewhere else to go, and if that bar was really the best option they could have spent the time they spent drinking and screwing to shore up the place and keep the zombies out a bit longer rather than what they managed to slap together in a couple minutes as they did. Worst of all, if she HAD, the Time Courier would have charged and been ready and the Legends could have left to the Waverider with time to spare. It would've been one thing if they fortified the place, the zombies still broke in, and the Legends all got killed anyway, but with the way Sara was being this episode maybe she should pass the torch since she's clearly lost her touch. Yeah yeah I know, they're all going to come back anyway, but that's no excuse for a plot that's written specifically to kill them off with a really really simple and obvious way out. If you're going to kill off your main protagonists do it in a way that they can't be expected to get out of, pluck or no.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, immortalfrieza said:

I'm going to just single this out because it really fits. Logically as the former Director of the Time Bureau Ava is the best choice for second in command among all the Legends as she has actually experience commanding people.  However, the problem is they keep showing Ava as very VERY incompetent at leadership, far more so than she should be. I'd be much more accepting of the idea if they actually showed Ava as a different but still effective style of leadership. The way it is now they make even MICK RORY look like they would be way better at leading the Legends than Ava would ever be, and that's just sad.

I think the problem even with Ava`s previous leadership experience is that she ran the Time Bureau as a stiff bureaucrat. A style completely unsuited for the Legends so it is actually a detriment. She is only just now learning to not be that as a legend. So basically she starts even behind the people who usually join because they are normally already quirky types. That is the last person you fast-track for commanding a group of quirky outcasts.    

• Love 3

The legends are not only quirky, they are all rule-breakers. Ava is the polar opposite. She's a rule follower. In fact, she would be very well-suited for Loom World, not as the Legends' leader.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2