Type keyword(s) to search

RuPaul's Drag Race Canada

• Start Topic

(edited)

S1.E1: Eh-Leganza Eh-xtravaganza

Twelve of Canada’s fiercest Queens sashay into the werkroom and size each other up as they compete for the Canada's Drag Race crown. The runway theme is Canuck Couture Fantasy: create a high-fashion look using materials from "O, Canada" boxes.

Guest Host: Elisha Cuthbert

Original air date 7/2/20

Extended trailer:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

This felt like old school Drag Race. LIke Season 3 or something.  It was fun.

I love the -- smile to camera while we screw with your mojo-- challenges.

I'm not yet sold on the 3 judges of equal stature thing. It leaves the guest judge to do all of Ru's lines. I can see why they might not want to give Brooklyn Ru like powers, but three judges with equal duties seems clunky.  Maybe they should have had another Queen of Ru's experience in the lead, like Coco Peru, or Jackie Beat and kept Brooklyn as the Michelle of the team. Also, surprisingly, I found the judges' criticism too harsh. I'm not surprised about the panic attack.

Kine was messy, but in a way that will keep her on the show.

I liked both queens that wound up in the bottom and wished another queen went home instead.

Juice Boxx got squeezed. 

• Love 7
(edited)

The three judges thing was pretty clunky.    And it was odd that the guest host did some of Ru’s lines, but Brook Lynn did some too.  

I liked the bottom 2 as well.  I liked Kine to start, but now not so much. We’ll see how she is next week.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4

I wonder why this show is called Canada's Drag Race instead of RuPaul's Drag Race Canada (similar to the UK title).

My first impression of the queens as they entered the work room was how young so many of them are! 21, only doing drag for two years, etc. I love that Starzy and Kyne know how to make costumes and style wigs - I just hope that there's an old school make your own costume challenge some time this season. It was so cute when one of the queens said they learned how to do something by watching Kyne's youtube tutorials. I like that there are obviously some heavy hitters in the room too. I know nothing about the Canadian drag scene, but obviously there are some contestants who are very successful and well known in the mix. Hopefully that translates to some awesome performances.

I thought all Canadians were supposed to be nice so I was surprised that more than one queen said she was a bitch in their intro. I can already tell that Ilona is going to annoy me with her mean girl act.

I loved that Priyanka ran straight up that plastic mountain in her boots. I also liked that she was comfortable making unattractive faces to get a funny picture instead of trying to be super sexy while a fan was blowing gale force winds at her.

Scarlett Bobo was giving me wannabe old school Courtney Love vibes.

Rita Baga looked like a neon glamazon in her entrance outfit!

I wasn't crazy about Kiara's entrance look. I liked the blue hair with the pinkish/purplish outfit but the makeup was a bit too harsh for my taste.

I love that Starzy makes all her own costumes. My mom has tried multiple times to teach me how to sew and I'm just horrible at it so I'm always in awe of the queens who can create amazing costumes from scratch. I did laugh a little when she sounded like she was going to cough up a furball after the fan went on.

Tynomi's rhinestone jumpsuit looked good in the workroom but it didn't photograph as well - you could barely see all that glittering detail.

Boa's cow costume was hilarious, but I'm kind of afraid of her after seeing everyone's reaction to her walking into the work room.

Lemon has a lot of attitude so I hope she has the talent to back it up.

I LOVED Kyne's My Fair Lady look. So gorgeous!

Juice Boxx's makeup was beautiful in her entrance. I totally cracked up when one of the judges made note of how graceful she was walking down the plastic mountain and then she promptly tripped. That is totally something I would do (although usually without a comment about my grace beforehand).

Jimbo's Minnie Mouse entrance costume was memorable. I laughed when she pranced up the mountain.

I love seeing everyone de-drag for the first time because I love any kind of behind the scenes stuff in general, but on RPDR I love it because it shows how transformative makeup can be. It always cracks me up in the first episode when everyone removes their makeup for the first time because it's obvious that everyone is checking each other out. I totally cracked up when they were all waiting to see what Jimbo looked like and Priyanka's response was, "Hiiiiiiii, Jimbo!"

I don't like when a challenge winner gets an advantage and then it turns out to be basically guessing. First of all, it's too soon for any of them to know everyone else's personalities/preferences/style so choosing boxes in the first episode is kind of pointless. But since they also had no idea what kind of material was inside any of the boxes, it was doubly pointless. Regardless of what the box said or was decorated with on the outside, there was no way to know what colors or accessories were really inside.

Ilona got a lot more interesting (and a lot less bitchy) when she talked about discovering the two spirits part of her First Nations background. I took a class on Native American history in college and there are several tribes that have similar beliefs about not being restricted to binary gender roles. I would love for Ilona to talk about that more!

Kyne, on the other hand, started out interesting but got annoying in the work room. You're not Ru so there's no need for you to go around to people's work stations interrogating them about what they're going to do.

And OMG Lemon was so whiny in the work room. "Where is my lip gloss? I hate my life!" in the most annoying whiny voice is a good way to get me to start wishing for your elimination.

Some of my favorite conversations on RPDR occurred while the queens were putting on their makeup and this season is off to a good start. I liked that Boa and Juice Boxx were so open about getting sober. Good for both of them for realizing that they needed to make a life change and then doing the work to make it happen. It's especially tough for a lot of performers (like drag queens) who work primarily in bars and places that serve alcohol.

OMG Elisha Cuthbert - every time I see her, I think, "OW, MY ARM!"

Starzy's red Canadian look was great. I never would have guessed that she made that shiny quilted cape in one day.

Kiara's prairie girl look was giving me scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz vibes.

Lemon's jock look was too Sailor Moon with a hockey stick and not sporty enough. I did like the little details like the badminton birdies as earrings, but the actual outfit was really lacking, especially considering that she had some brightly colored fabric to use. The costume looked like a sorority girl found out there was a themed costume party so she ripped up something she already had.

Ilona's spooky look was not very strong. The dress was very plain and the main part of this challenge was making an outfit.

Kyne's gold disco outfit was cute and well made but it would have turned out so much better if she hadn't added the gold ornaments on the bottom. Damn, Kyne can't take criticism. That doesn't bode well.

Scarlett's cowgirl look was fine.

Jimbo's rainbow look was colorful and it obviously took a lot of work to make. I loved this look!

Tynomi's lumberjack look would have been better without the giant cape which was covering up the little plaid dress underneath.

Boa's green outfit was a little too crafty but the potato nipples made me laugh.

Juice's disco ball outfit was not nearly as sparkly as I was expecting. It was way too homemade looking. It was really sweet of Boa to reach for her hand when she was getting a negative critique.

Priyanka's fishy look was a little crafty, but I don't know how else she could have used what was in her assigned box. The crab claws on the shoes cracked me up, as did her crab walk exit.

Rita's Quebecois look was okay in theory (the blue dress was pretty simple) but the hair and makeup were great. The bag of cheese curds made me laugh, and she really sold the froid with her shivering.

I was expecting an amazing LSFYL after the bottom two promised a blood bath and all that but it was...fine.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I wonder why this show is called Canada's Drag Race instead of RuPaul's Drag Race Canada (similar to the UK title).

Because Ru's not hosting it. Same with Drag Race Thailand.

I'm 100% Team Jimbo already.

• Love 8

I'm rooting for the Black Queens, as always.  I did like Lemon, Priyanka, and BOA based on how Kyne talked so much shit about her while in the workroom.  Kyne let that mini challenge win go to her head.  I'm glad that the judges called her on her attitude duing the runway deliberations.

Personally, I would have made Kyne lip sync for her life. But then it would have been a fall hazard. Miss "I am a Seamstress" couldn't have secured the balls to her pants better than that?  She should have sewn them to her pants by the handles so they weren't falling all over the runway.

Juice Boxx was the right decision to sashay away.  

I was as amazed as the queens that BOA was in the top. I had her pegged as bottom three and first boot, ha. Really sad that Juice Boxx left already. I was scared Lemon, my favorite talking-head queen, was going to go.

I really like the bulk of the cast, and Brooklyn is doing well in that role. It is odd having the guest host/judge play Ru, but it makes sense in a way... I guess it will depend on who the guest is each week how well that works.

Jimbo was my pick for winner, over Rita Baga.

All in all, it was a really good first episode with a warm feel to it that I've missed in the mothership, lately.

• Love 5
(edited)

I tend to like quirk, so I took a liking to BOA and Jimbo quickly and was glad to see them do well.  I liked Rita's look and attitude and don't begrudge her the win, but the rapturous praise surprised me.  In all the years I've been watching these shows, I've never been able to stop rolling my eyes at absolute statements like "this is the epitome of taste," as if there's a rubric everyone agrees on.  I like what I like.

When the trio introduced themselves as "your judges and mentors," I thought they might be on to something, but there was not very much of the latter, and the former was way harsh (forgive me, Cher Horowitz).  I also hope they iron out whatever's going on in terms of flow with them and the totally extraneous "guest host."  All four of them seemed engaged and nobody made me want to stick pins in my eyes, but Brooke was probably the least natural.  She seemed to be trying to convey a gravitas she doesn't have in my eyes, and doing so many things exactly the same as Ru does encouraged at a comparison I didn't feel was flattering.  I do hope all that improves.

There's nobody I'm dying to see the back of but Kyne.  What a brat.  Her costume was falling apart, her walk made me want to call my great aunt who suffers with lumbago, and she certainly knows how to win friends and influence people.  What's not to love?

I think I counted 8 from Ontario, 2 from Quebec, and 2 from British Columbia.  They certainly picked a range of styles and personalities, but I was surprised not to see more of a geographical spread.  We are Canadian a few generations ago, although I haven't been back since I was gay.  From what I remember, there's probably not a surplus of queens in Saskatchewan or PEI, or even outside the main population centers in the provinces featured, but the American show seems to have three or four queens a season other than from the usual suspect places.  That definitely struck me as surprising.

Edited by 853fisher
Ontario, not Toronto! Nobody @ me. :)
  • Love 1
(edited)

Drag Race Thailand managed to replace Ru with 2 drag queen hosts of equal standing and it works; but this awkward scrambling to try to split everything by 3 and then break up any chemistry by making the guest judge a guest host every week is bad.  Brooklyn should have been the host with one of the other two mentoring (or they could take turns mentoring(.  Anyway, I'm so glad Lemon was safe, and I hope Boa goes home asap.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2020 at 7:31 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I think it's the difference between if Ru is judging or not.

Kyne's fury came a week early; if she was miffed last week about Boa being in the top she should be really steamed that Boa wasn't in the bottom two instead of her this week. That was inexplicable.

We should know by now not to expect well written scenes for these kinds of challenges but both of these were really scraping the bottom the barrel. 

Anastarzia's story about being shot was truly horrifying. The next queen to tell a sad story in the mirror has a hard act to follow.

• Love 3

OMG I loved that when Kyne piped up and said she thought she was going to win last week's challenge, everyone just flat out laughed at her.

I enjoyed the ballet mini challenge. Priyanka - OH MY! I totally loved that the pit crew got to dance at the end too!

I am usually not a fan of group challenges (or the acting challenges in general), but especially at the beginning of the season before the queens have been able to suss out who can do what. Picking teams at this point is just a shot in the dark.

Poor Ilona. First she got picked last and then Boa kept calling her Alana.

Kiara was hilarious though. I was cracking up when Rita was carrying her out. Lemon clearly had all of her lines memorized and probably could have done take after take without missing a word. Tynomi didn't remember a damn word, but Jeffrey was very gentle with her (imagine Michelle Visage being forced to give prompts over and over to someone who couldn't remember their lines).

Priyanka stayed in character for the entire skit. Jimbo had the most interesting character so I liked how she showed how different the judge was before and after. Boa, on the other hand, couldn't seem to remember any of her lines. The twins definitely needed to enunciate more.

Starzy's stories about how bad it is in the Bahamas were terrifying. I can't imagine how scary it must be to be gay or a drag queen. How judgmental do you have to be to wait outside a drag queen's house to shoot them? I mean, FFS. Thank goodness she was able to claim asylum and get to Canada. It takes a lot to get a bunch of drag queens to stop doing their makeup so they can hug someone.

I loved that the runway was supposed to be an upgrade from their very first drag look but a lot of the looks were really disappointing. I can't tell if some of the queens were too concerned with staying similar enough to their original looks or if they just don't know how to improve on some of those basic ass Party City looks. Kyne's look was a perfect example. Her runway look was SO FUCKING basic. It was a leotard with a zipped up jacket.

• Love 2

Loved that they made a really Canadian challenge  by spoofing Heritage minutes.   Even one of the lines,”nice queens don’t want the vote” was taken from a real Heritage minute about women fighting for the vote.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Brooke Lynn screaming/chasing after the girls at the start of the mini challenge had me cackling with laughter. There is a playfulness in this version, Thailand and UK that is missing from the American version

Agreed! Outside of Kyne, I wanted to be in with these queens.  They are a joy!

Speaking of Kyne, she might have saved herself if she wore gowns. BOA better have a dress on next week; leotards and corsets are not a complete outfit. 

Lemon is very pretty this week.  Turns out she is a far better actor than dancer. Heh.

Scarlett Bobo and Jimbo are my favorite runway lewks this week. 

• Love 1

I was ready for Kyne to leave last week, but I did think she won the lipsync this week.  I also didn't hate the look as much as the judges did, although I also caught the patch of exposed skin.  The 80s-ish big hair worked for me.  Ah well, overall, I'd rather have Tynomi, so fine.

I'm rarely moved to tears by TV, but Anastarzia's story of her escape from the Bahamas really got me.  I'm glad she did get out.

• Love 4
(edited)

Honestly, I was disappointed by Kyne. She had for sure the fiercest of the entry looks, and then followed it up with those clunkers. If the original one was supposed to be Ursula from the little mermaid, she should have followed it up with a really fierce version or a high fashion Ursula, not with an outfit which looked as if someone went to the disco in blue paint for some strange reason. Though I agree, he lipsync was the better one, despite the lack of splits.

Regarding the moderation: I don't mind the voting process, but I think Brooklyn should be the only one doing Ru's usual lines. I wouldn't mind her mixing them up a little bit, too, make them more her own. I think it doesn't help that this one guy is particular stiff when doing the lines, there is no drama when he quotes them.

I was btw hoping for a proper dancing challenge with Brooklyn herself doing some ballet.

Edited by swanpride

I was just watching the main runway and felt like at least four or five of the queens were not able to walk well in heels. Am I seeing things?

I’ve been rewatching season five of the mothership lately, so maybe it’s not a fair comparison.

42 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I was just watching the main runway and felt like at least four or five of the queens were not able to walk well in heels. Am I seeing things?

I’ve been rewatching season five of the mothership lately, so maybe it’s not a fair comparison.

The judges remarked on how slowly one of the queens (Priyanka?) walked the runway.  It's a good bet that most of these new queens who only been doing drag for 2 years or less are still learning to walk in heels.

• Useful 1

I am loving the Canadian version. Brings me back to the early years of the mothership. Also enjoying the 3 judges and weekly guest host. Upcoming hosts include Deborah Cox and Project Runway Canada winner Biddell. I’m super excited.

BLH was definitely not tucked in that black pants and kilt number. She appears to be very well endowed.

Does Tynomi remind anyone else of Nina Bonina Brown? They have very similar voices. Wonder if Tynomi will end up being her own worst enemy like NBB?

I know people get nervous during the challenges but I was questioning some of these queens' abilities to read from a teleprompter.

Usually when someone on RPDR is shown struggling with choreography, they manage to pull it out of their ass for the performance. Even if they aren't great, they manage to blend in. But oof, this week there were a couple people who REALLY stood out because they were such bad dancers. Starzy, Ilona, and Jimbo were totally lost and didn't know the choreography. Tynomi didn't know the lyrics but kudos to the camera crew for zooming in to show us that.

Ha, this week's runway challenge ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be when I first heard what it was called.

Kiara's gold lamé disco jumpsuit was okay but a little cheap looking, as was her wig.

Jimbo's hair was amazing. If you've ever wondered what eleven wigs would look like on one person, now you know!

Tynomi's rainbow look wasn't polished but it was interesting.

Boa's Russian glamour look was boring so I loved when she pulled off the coat and revealed her Borat look.

Lemon's brown dress was boring and basic but I did like the tiny tree on her head.

Priyanka's red and blue outfit looked too much like a sorority girl's last minute "costume" for a fraternity party.

Starzy's Cousin It look was hilarious but the Chun Li look? NO.

Rita's bright yellow outfit wasn't very flattering, but I liked that it was so bright.

Scarlet Bobo got an A+ for the Bobo hair. Her circus outfit was just okay.

Ilona's light blue poodle look was a fun idea but it was not very flattering.

I thought Starzy won that LSFYL but what do I know?

• Love 1

Priyanka talking about how they've all suffered from a mooseknuckle and then gesturing at Jeffrey Boyer Chapman's crotch made me scream with laughter, I had to rewind it multiple times. Both this and Drag Race UK has such a welcome irreverence that is sorely lacking from the US version.

• Love 1

May I mention how much I love Boa? For one, I am so used that "big queens" are really loud and somewhat obnoxious, it is kind of strange to see one which is more on the "normal" level of attention-seeking for drag queens. And two, usually they make every joke about their size, but Boa never really does this. Either she is basically praising the beauty of her curves, or she makes the joke about something else. This hairy look really made me laugh, one of the best reveals because somehow I didn't see it coming. At least, I didn't see THAT coming. And in the main challenge, she was clearly the best, I couldn't take my eyes out of her.

I have NO idea why they kept Tynomi again. I felt that the decision was questionable last week and that the deciding factor was more Kyne's attitude, but this week, I call BS. Tynomi wasn't even sync in some of the lip sync, she clearly faked some of the words by kind of moving the lips at the right places, but the movements didn't really fit what was sung. And now in hindsight, I would have preferred to see if Kyne has something more exciting in the luggage after all than dealing with more of Tynomi's insecurities. I am sorry, I am not trying to be mean here, but she clear feels out of her element. If she is so legendary, she surely slays it in the club setting, but drag race is apparently not the right format for her.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, swanpride said:

May I mention how much I love Boa? For one, I am so used that "big queens" are really loud and somewhat obnoxious, it is kind of strange to see one which is more on the "normal" level of attention-seeking for drag queens. And two, usually they make every joke about their size, but Boa never really does this. Either she is basically praising the beauty of her curves, or she makes the joke about something else. This hairy look really made me laugh, one of the best reveals because somehow I didn't see it coming. At least, I didn't see THAT coming. And in the main challenge, she was clearly the best, I couldn't take my eyes out of her.

I have NO idea why they kept Tynomi again. I felt that the decision was questionable last week and that the deciding factor was more Kyne's attitude, but this week, I call BS. Tynomi wasn't even sync in some of the lip sync, she clearly faked some of the words by kind of moving the lips at the right places, but the movements didn't really fit what was sung. And now in hindsight, I would have preferred to see if Kyne has something more exciting in the luggage after all than dealing with more of Tynomi's insecurities. I am sorry, I am not trying to be mean here, but she clear feels out of her element. If she is so legendary, she surely slays it in the club setting, but drag race is apparently not the right format for her.

I stan Priyanka. She is so much fun! I wonder if someone hadn't already let the cat out of the bag with his father. Hopefully he will be accepting.  I did cackle when he said he told his father he was dating a girl named Priyanka. Heh.

I'm also liking BOA. I wonder if she is as nasty as Bobo said she was in episode 1?  Shows like this one has a tendency to amplify good or bad traits in a person. Is BOA that good of an actor or is she the Issa to Bobo's Molly? (Insecure on HBO. Get into it!)  Bobo clearly didn't like the way that BOA was getting love and praise from the judges.   Bobo was all, "I picked you up out of the gutter and gave you work. How dare you be better at Drag Race than me!"  With a friend like that girl...

Tynomi should have gone home when she didn't take that colored hair off to show the better hair outfit underneath.  I'm betting that they didn't want to boot her on front of Deborah Cox.  She is a better dancer than lip syncer.   I'll miss Muva Anaquway. This format really wasn't for her either. But she will slay another day! Muva ain't leaving no messages either! I live.

• Love 3
(edited)

To see Kiara's jumpsuit is to see what Kyne's jumpsuit 2wks ago would've looked like if it had cost two loonies instead of one.

What was that business with the "squirrelfriend"?  She seemed like a nice lady but added nothing to an already very bloated presenting and presenting-adjacent team.

The mini challenge was fun but got old fast.  Most could've tried a bit harder on the French.  I read a prompter in college and it's tough, but not quite that tough!

Edited by 853fisher
squirrelfriend
  • Love 1
On 7/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Bobo clearly didn't like the way that BOA was getting love and praise from the judges.   Bobo was all, "I picked you up out of the gutter and gave you work. How dare you be better at Drag Race than me!"  With a friend like that girl...

All of this... she acts like she should bow down to her because she gave her her start.... Girl why does she need to kiss your ass during the competition you both are on a even playing field here step up your game don't tell her to dull hers so you can shine

• Love 2

Hi all - my thoughts

Couldn't decide between Priyanka and Scarlet Bobo for the win but Priyanka had a better mini challenge (Loved Bobo's runway).

I kinda like Boa's quirks but see how she can possibly be annoying.

Jimbo is one of my faves but yeah he struggled this week. That runway was a shoot for me though.

Sad to see Starzy go but that look was a muddle and cast a shadow on her face when it was obvious she was serving face to that lipsync. I'm finding that Tynomi has all the right dance moves but not much expression.

Loving Lemon in general - she's alot of fun.

The judging was fair enough this week but at times too harsh - possibly because there is not a Ru type A persona to centre it. Like many am finding Jeffrey BC a bit annoying ala Santino . Deborah Cox was fab though. 

On the whole this is much more fun than All Stars

• Love 1

I couldn't have been the only one yelling for Ilona to suck it up and send Tynomi home.  For goodness sake, they are not taking your sister out back to shoot her in the head.  Only one of you are going to win this gig.  It was time for Tynomi to go anyway. This format simply isn't for her.

Did the queens expect to never get any criticism? Also have they watched Drag Race before? I'm curious. I understand that these queens are artists and real sensitive about their craft but these runway breakdowns are worrisome.

Do they get a week between tapings? Usually Drag Race doesn't give the participants a chance to breathe, which is why they are so emotional.

The Pit Crew? Yes. Give me Number 4, please.

For next season, either pick one special guest host for the entire season, or drop it entirely.    

• Love 5

I was very cross with Jimbo for pulling that stunt, after appearing to have agreed they were the Sherbert Showgirls. I was also cross that Ilona and Tynomi didn't speak up, and/or stick with their original plans and find ways to tie the looks in together with color, materials, and some style elements, instead of going that dumb costumey route. But thank god Ilona stayed. I felt for Tynomi, and at one point thought there might be a double save, but three times in the bottom was probably her time to go. Fun seeing Biddell again. I am really enjoying their good-humored work room camaraderie, and the group laughter after the odd arguments/rants.

• Love 3

Honestly, I fully expected Tynomi to go this week. She was overdo. I feel that she was unfairly keep on the show because she is fierce of the show, but it was obvious pretty early on that this isn't the right format for her. If they had kept her on again, I would have been angry over the favouritism.

Hahaha, I was glad when Jimbo asked Ilona why only she was allowed to have feelings and tell people to STFU because good lord, she was being a pill.

It was definitely time for Tynomi to sashay away because we're only on the fourth week and for three weeks we've heard her say that next week she's not going to hold anything back, she's going to fight, she's going to bring it, she's going to show the judges, etc. and then the following week she tanks again. Brook Lynn nailed it when she said that Tynomi is an entertainer and a performer but not a competitor. That's okay too. Not everyone's talents are cut out for this kind of competition. That doesn't mean you aren't talented. It just means that these challenges are not set up to showcase what you're good at.

Priyanka's look was my favorite of everything on the runway. It looked like a real dress and it fit her beautifully. I never would have guessed that it was made from recycled stuff.

I agreed that the plastic group had the most cohesive collection, but I didn't necessarily like their individual outfits. They weren't bad (especially considering how bad the outfits on the other two teams looked) but they weren't amazing.

The paper group was the worst in terms of cohesion as well as execution.

The metal group was somewhere in the middle. Lemon and Boa were okay but not outstanding. I agreed with whichever judge said that Lemon had a boy walk on the runway. I also wanted to poke Lemon between the shoulder blades to get rid of that hunched over look (and it wasn't even the collapsed high fashion hunch that Tyra taught us on ANTM - it was just slouchy bad posture).

• Love 2

I've enjoyed Stacey prior to this episode but this episode really highlighted how much fun she is when she's let loose with the contestants. Jeffrey Boyer Chapman continues to not be good at judging because he seems to have watched to many compilations of Naomi Campbell on The Face and Michael Kors on Project Runway and missed the part that they can get away with their bitchy because they have the expertise in their industry to do so. Like do I agree with everything Brooke Lynn says? No. But it coming from someone who has literally done this competition before at least makes it feel like it's coming from a knowledgeable place.

• Love 3

Yeah, I agree that while the plastic group fulfilled the brief the best, none of their looks were great. They were all serviceable.

Team Paper looked like a group, but not a group of fashion models. What the hell was THAT? Who thought that cosplay would be a good idea for the theme? Okay, Jimbo basically did "her" thing, fine, but there was no reason to built the whole theming around her. Every Fashion show has the "show stopper" in the end, often some sort of bride dress. So just convince her to be the "bride", and then do your own thing while using the same colours she picked and you are good to go.

The metal team actually had my two favourite looks, but it wasn't cohesive at all, and that was mainly because of Boa's look. Lemon and Prianka actually looked like they belonged into the same collection, because their clothing was elevated and they both had the umbrella thing. Adding a silver highland to Lemon's dress would have made it clearer, but it was there. But Boa? Didn't fit the brief, didn't fit what the others did, and I am REALLY tired of this half-naked leotard look she keeps going back to. If she had done a dress like the other two and used the "rose gag" once on something on her shoulder that would have been worked. But she was too set on being boa and not enough on fulfilling the challenge. Which is too bad, because if they had, they would have for sure gotten the win  

7 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Jeffrey Boyer Chapman continues to not be good at judging

The judging panel is way too harsh. I noticed it from the very first episode. What the hell?

JBC's bitchiness to Jimbo this week was insane. It literally made no sense. Jimbo was standing there in the most intricately detailed outfit on that runway (one judge singled out the effort made to take the details all the way to the shoes) and yet she still needs to "use [her ]time better"? Bitch, please. The show needs to stop wasting the queens' time (and ours) with substandard commentary.

Having other people judge, is one of the smartest things Ru has done with show. When the All Stars queens bump off a front runner, or judging panels on international shows seemingly overstep, Ru looks like the model of level headed, even handed judging. Very smart.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the bit with Stacey coaching on the runway walk.  I thought there was going to be a bit more of that kind of mentoring, the way the trio were presented at the beginning of the season.

I understand that the paper looks were more "cosplay" than "couture."  I still preferred them as a group to the metal looks, because they seemed more finished and polished (no pun intended).

I never tend to like the "mean judge" on shows that have them, but when that's the persona someone goes with, they normally keep it up the whole time.  Jeffrey ends up seeming even more ridiculous to me because he goes from Dollar Tree Naomi Campbell to bright-eyed "yasss qween werq!" in ten seconds flat and then back again.

• Love 3

My thoughts: 

That mini-challenge. UGGGH! this lockdown has me going cray-cray without the mens 😞

Yeah Plastic group Maison Boraga was the most designed and cohesive,and while Rita Baga is not one of my faves, she deserved the win. 

House of Rust should have carried the rusty wool from Lemon's costume into all of the others. Priyanka sold it though. I thought Boa's was fun and while I don't think she needs to do a straight/non camp runway she needs to pay attention to detail.

The paper group was definitely the weakest so don't have an issue with the judging. Love Jimbo and that dress was exquisite but agree with the hair and makeup criticism. He looked petrified to be in the bottom group.

So who do y'all think will bring it for Snatch Game and who will crash??

• Love 1

Jimbo was standing there in the most intricately detailed outfit on that runway (one judge singled out the effort made to take the details all the way to the shoes) and yet she still needs to "use [her ]time better"?

Yes. Because her hair and makeup looked rough. If you don't have the time to pain your arms white, then don't go for the white, it is as simple as that.

• Love 6

Episode 5: 

These girls should have kept the library closed. 

That Snatch Game was as awful as I thought it would be.  Jimbo deserved that win.  My girl Pri fell flat as Ms. Cleo, and Kiara didn't even know that Mariah Carey has 2 children. She clearly isn't a Lamb.

The lip sync?  Kiara lost that one instantly for me. She really didn't need to pussy pop to this particular Celine song, plus she kicked her shoes off.  Thou shalt keep thy shoes on when thou art lip syncing!  Priyanka embodied the song and was so sexy on the main stage.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yep, as soon as I saw the shoes littering the stage - trip hazard! - I figured Kiara was gone, but that was great to watch even so. I've seen worse snatch games, over all. I guess the right one went home, but she was adorable.

I am bewildered how Rita Baga, only 32 and with glowing clear skin, manages to paint so old every week. Her Celine look was close to her on the pills, alcoholic, and prematurely aged and dying Piaf...

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 1