Type keyword(s) to search

RuPaul's Drag Race Canada

• Start Topic

Jimbo's episode one entrance and episode nine exit were both iconic. I can't say I loved everything she did in between but she was my favourite of all these queens. I hope she retires that giant breastplate as soon as possible, tho.

I'm hoping for a Priyanka win, but Drag Races US and UK went with a regal queens in their first seasons so that bodes well for Rita.

• Love 1

What bodes well for Rita is that they praised her to the heavens the whole season. I can't count how often they gave her a win for a second best performance...or one I couldn't even remember.

I want Pryanka to win.

• Love 4

Pryanka gave a horrid final look for the ball and has been in the bottom twice, screwing up both snatch game and the pageant.

Jimbo gave truly *iconic* looks and was never in the bottom.

...how is this a fair call?

Look, I get it, he identifies more as a clown than a queen and assumed he would win....neither are ideal in this competition. But to oust him when they just as easily could have kept him in the finale....not cool.

I was looking forward to seeing two older entertainers battle it out. And something tells me Jimbo would have put more effort into a lip sync for the crown than he did here.

I'm bummed. Quebecois Rita for the win though.

• Love 2

There were three looks, not just one.

First round was between Pryanka and Scarlet. Scarlet's was more elegant and difficult to make, but Pryanka screamed more Christmas. Rita did the worst.

Second round I actually think that Pryanka nailed that one. The only one of the four looks I liked.

Third round I think that nobody really did well. Honestly, after two boring gowns which both didn't came near ones we have seen for this theme in the past and were both badly executed, Pryanka was nearly a relief, even though it was a body suit. At least the top half was okay. Scarlet basically won that one by default, because she did something different, even if the execution was lacking.

Honestly, I would have had Jimbo and Rita in the bottom too, and I am okay with how this ended. Thing with Jimbo is: Aside from being a one trick pony, her makeup really got worse and worse over the season. They already told her to blend the skin colour with the body colour for the fashion show challenge, and she ignored it completely. I guess Jimbo just isn't in a "I have still some things to learn" mindset, which is not a good thing. Maybe seeing the show from the outside will help.

I am still bitter about Lemon being eliminated last week, in my mind she should be in the top in Rita's place. Otherwise I am okay with this.

• Love 2

Lemon reminded me of Gigi Goode in that overconfident young person sort of way. I totally felt like Jimbo had a great first look and reveal for the office Christmas party. I think the judges had more of a problem with the fact that Jimbo wasn't really warm. There was something almost angry about Jimbo and that's not a good look. Also, the sex. Jimbo always brought a vulgar sort of sexuality to the stage. I found it entertaining at times but other times it did seem a little uncomfortable. This is the first season of the show and they're going to want to crown someone who's shiny and sparkly and represents drag and who can be put on posters. Jimbo seems more tawdry and spooky. I think if he had been willing to show a few looks that showed classy glamour and dignity, he would have won. As it is he practically won the season as far as we're concerned. The show's competitors have all varied in their ability to bring it to the stage. No one has been tens across-the-board. I was even shocked at the praise that the judges were giving some of these lip-syncs. Rita versus Jimbo was not iconic. It really wasn't! It was fine. That's it. But I definitely liked what Jimbo was going for with his winter look. The fabric for the coat dress was really neat. Scarlett's eye makeup and the accessories in the hair and around the face were really beautiful though. I absolutely hated Rita's weird pointy styrofoam crab claws.

• Love 2

Lemon reminded me more of Shangela, in that she was really, really good in branding herself, but without being at the centre of every controversy the way Shangela always is. I really appreciate a Queen who knows who she is and stays on theme throughout, no matter how young she still is. And one thing Lemon never was, was boring...which is more than I can say about the ones who made it to the top, except Pryanka, but in Pryanka's case it is more her natural charisma. To quote Ru: she has the "it-Factor".

• Love 2

Sad to see Jimbo go. Yeah she was salty at times but it's like she puts on some invisible reading glasses and the others take it in good spirits. That exit was iconic and I hope we get to see her in an All Stars. She needs to work on her walk (she couldn't move much in that lipsync) and some tweaking of her makeup and she'll be good to go. Surprised that Priyanka eleganza which IMO was the worst garment of the eve kept her out the bottom two - but she probably would have won the lipsync anyway. No ways would they have risked an All-White Top3 in this day. Was happy for Bobo. Don't really mind who wins - they're all sweeties.

• Love 2

The saltiness didn't bother me, what bothered me was her unwillingness to listen to the judges critic. Granted, certain judges really have no leg to stand on when it comes to make-up critic, but Brooklyn's notes were always very on point, there was a lot one could learn by listening closely to her.

What kept Pryanka out of the bottom were her first two outfits plus, as basic as her bodysuit was, at least she could walk in it and it suited her. And her make-up was just stunning, as usual. I think she doesn't get enough attention for it, because it is not as usual as Kim Chi's, but she really knows how to paint.

• Love 3

I loved Jimbo. I feel like she brought so much to the show that would have been missing otherwise. I don't think the level of fashion was that high from other queens, relatively safe, but boring outfits. I agree that she face-planted in that last episode though (figuratively and literally). 

I'm happy that it's not the last of Jimbo I think we'll be seeing. this video she just put out is amazing. Straight rapper in a complete drag transformation. I think that's the kind of allyship we need.

• Love 1

Priyanka seriously flubbed the Ice Queen Eleganza outfit; the judges liked the other 2 outfits. She would have won if she had made a gown for the third outfit or at the very least made her skirt out of fabric instead of paper.

Jimbo might have had a fighting chance if he had taken the crown off his head. I wonder if this was Jimbo's first ever lip sync?

Although I KNEW Michelle was going to rip anyone wearing a leotard/corset covered in embellishments, I didn't have an issue with that part of Priyanka's eleganza look. It was the skirt that was an issue for me. It looked like the structure you'd build a skirt on, not an actual skirt. I think if she had used more paper and embellishments to make it into a skirt then that look would have been fine.

I get Michelle's complaint - I really do. After years and years of RPDR, the expectations have been raised and you can't really expect to wear a leotard or corset without getting criticized for it. But I feel I should point out that Scarlett was wearing a plain leotard in her second look and she got absolutely no criticism for that at all.

I loved Priyanka's first two looks so I was totally fine with her being safe.

I agreed with the judges about Jimbo and Rita being the bottom two. I was torn about who I'd rather see in the finale. I know it's supposed to be based purely on the LSFYL but my question was which one of these two will surprise me in the finale? Jimbo has had some great looks but I definitely agreed with Jimbo getting read for her makeup repeatedly. Not only does her makeup age her but she's made some odd choices about colors and not taking the color down the neck. Not every queen needs to go for a totally fishy look, but Jimbo's makeup has been noticeably bad the last few weeks. I loved her exit though!

Scarlett did get criticism for the leotard in the second look, but it was a very mild one since the overall look still worked. And I think Michelle would have been harder to her had she known how often she had fallen back to the leotard in the last weeks.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:15 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I was looking forward to seeing two older entertainers battle it out. And something tells me Jimbo would have put more effort into a lip sync for the crown than he did here.

I mean, age-wise they're all pretty close to each other. Jimbo is 36, Rita is 32, Priyanka is 28 and Scarlett Bobo is 29. Now in drag experience years there is obviously large differences.

The makeup in that clip is so lovely, I wish Jimbo could've spent more time on blending and softening his look for the show, or taken some lessons or something. I was expecting a different top three (sob, Lemon) and had assumed Jimbo would be there, but it was a fair call after that  lipsync. It is a good top three, and I am super excited the rest of the cast is back for the next episode.

Rita's charm was really apparent and her humor came through all ep. So pleased for her.

Priyanka is a fighter and so versatile and funny.

And Scarlet Bobo has such a sweet heart, and has held steady all comp, rising at the right moment.

I'd like any of the three to win, so that's good!

On 8/30/2020 at 12:44 AM, Wonderlad71 said:

She needs to work on her walk

Priyanka is the one I think needs to learn to walk. She really walks like a man. It's ungainly.

I'm bummed over Jimbo leaving. I love that queen. 

I felt Scarlett was always in the middle and I don't think a middle queen should win. 

I'll always be a Rita girl though. That accent asking with the cool Quebecois-tude! 

• Love 3

Rita HAS to win this competition. She can sing, she can sew, she's a decent dancer and she is just hilarious. I get it that her style of comedy might not be appreciated by most, but that 80's apres-ski look with drunk Tonya Harding vibes was everything. I would buy tickets to see that show every day. I also adored her in all the mini challenges (especially the one where they had to sing the national anthem and she fell asleep), and overall I think she's the most "complete package" of the three, so I really hope she wins.

Scarlet is and has been kind of meh for me for the entire season. I don't love her and I don't hate her, but surely I did not expect to see her in the final three. Her ice queen eleganza look was horrible, she looked like she had 5 pounds of random ornaments hanging from her face and the entire outfit was just a mess. I was shocked Michelle Visage praised it (although I never agree with her on regular Drag Race either, so there's that).

Priyanka's talking heads are to die for and she's adorable, but for some reason she managed to never be funny in the comedy challenges, which is a problem. Plus that paper skirt looked like something a 5 year-old could do. Better. 

Anyway, my ideal top three would've been Rita, Priyanka and Lemon, so I can say I'm 2/3 happy. Rita for the win!!

Edited by stormy weather
  • Love 3

Gigi had a track record even better than Rita's, and she didn't win...and she deserved most of her wins, unlike Rita, who has been praised to the heavens for some strange reasons.

Priyanka is the one I connect to (along with Lemon, but since she isn't an option anymore). And who says that a drag queen has to be funny? Violet wasn't funny, Bebe wasn't funny, Ivy Oddly outright failed in Snatch game, there are a lot of talents a Queen can have. Priyanka for example slays the lip syncs.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, swanpride said:

Gigi had a track record even better than Rita's, and she didn't win... 

And who says that a drag queen has to be funny? Violet wasn't funny, Bebe wasn't funny, Ivy Oddly outright failed in Snatch game, there are a lot of talents a Queen can have. Priyanka for example slays the lip syncs.

Exactly! Gigi was robbed! 

I'm not saying a queen must be funny, what I meant is that it would be better if she was talented in more than one category. Violet was not hilariously funny but she was funny nonetheless. I was never a fan of Bebe, plus she won Season 1, when the format of the show wasn't as structured and established as it has become, I don't think she would win a season now. Yvie Oddly did poorly in the snatch game, that's true, but she was funny in other challenges and she had a huge personality. I don't know, it seems to me that a sense of humour has always been appreciated on the show, and overall I'd rather go see a queen who gives me a little bit of everything instead of someone who can only do one thing. 

• Love 1

Violet nosedived in pretty much every acting challenge and was mostly kept out of the bottom due to her out of the world runway. Which was also the reason why she won, btw, of all the fashion queens, she was in another realm. Still is. The only one who ever came somewhat close was Aquaria, but even she didn't quite reach the level of Violet.

Gigi wasn't robbed. Personally I think she shouldn't have won either the Snatch game or the Ball or the Rusical. Jan should have won the Rusical, but it made for better drama to have her lose, and while her ball dress locked great, it wasn't nearly as creative as the "have just left the bath" look.

• Love 3

Just got caught up! Noooooo Jimbo! Jimbo was a freaky delight in the first episode and totally won me over. But, for me, she didn't really live up to that promising start. She kind of went off into an "all slut all the time" mode, and I missed the sassy weirdness she had in that first episode. But I still loved her throughout. She had such a cool, easy vibe out of drag. 

Priyanka is actuallly the funniest to me. ...only not in the challenges, just in the talking heads! Where was that wit in the challenges girl?! 

Rita is not my Baga chips :D ...but I can see she is clearly talented in many ways. 

I'm open to anyone winning based on how they perform in the finale. I hope it is just a fair contest and not predetermined.  

• Love 1

Well, I wasn’t sure who I wanted to win.  I thought Priyanka had the best verse, Bobo and Priyanka slayed the dancing part, and Rita looked amazing...that blonde wig really worked for her.

Final runway, I liked Rita’s look and her explanation for it.  I loved Scarlet’s gown, but it didn’t fit as perfectly as I thought it could or should.  For me, when Priyanka turned that corner, she won the runway for sure.  That look was all kinds of spectacular!  

Their little speeches about why they should win were all good, but Scarlet’s moved me.  She really has had such a shitty start to life, but I’m glad she and her mom are so tight.

Final LSFYL, you can fight me all you want, but Scarlet won that one by a tiny, tiny margin over Priyanka.  That girl can slay a lip sync for sure!  But Priyanka just emotes so beautifully with that face, those eyes, her hand gestures...  I guess I would say she and Scarlet were tied there, except that my eyes kept sliding to Bobo to see what was next.

I’m definitely not mad at Priyanka being the winner, but I wouldn’t have been mad if Scarlet Bobo or Rita Baga had won, either.  This might have been my favorite top three ever.

Edited by Irsel32
  • Love 3

A worthy winner, but I feel a bit sad for Rita. Thought she had it in the Baga. Such a great season, and I loved getting another look at them all on the runway. I wish they all got something big: you get a car, and you get a car!

But I am glad they win trips for two with some of the wins, and to think of Scarlet Bobo maybe taking her mother to Cuba or Vienna.

• Love 3

I really had no idea who was going to win by the end of episode, which is a happy place to be at the end of a season.

It was great seeing how collegial the cast were backstage. Speaking of, I wonder who would have won Miss Congeniality?

"[pause] What's her name?" was such a fantastic way to announce the win.

Is Priyanka the first queen to win a Drag Race season after lip synching for her life twice?

Edited by Fake Jan Brady
  • Love 2

Well, I got my fav, and I happen to think that it was deserved.

I kept thinking "lucky that Michelle Visage isn't in the Jury" when I saw Rita's final dress.  Scarlet's had really droopy sleeves, they completely distracted me from the dress. Plus, her drag is kind of lacking a clear point of view. Priyanka looked great. Perfectly on brand and it really stuck out.

• Love 1

One thing I absolutely loved while watching the final three was how mature and well spoken they were when the judges asked why each of them should win. One of my pet peeves is when the answer is "because I want/deserve it the most," so I liked that the top three all had well thought out reasons.

In the final maxi challenge, Scarlet was clearly the most comfortable with the choreography. She made it look like it was a walk in the park. I thought her lyrics were mostly bland and boring though.

On the other end of the spectrum, Rita was obviously the least comfortable with the choreography but I have to give her credit for going from the mess we saw at rehearsal to knowing all the steps by the final performance. She must have worked really hard to make so much progress. Unfortunately, her face said it all - she was concentrating so hard on the steps that she wasn't really performing until it came time for her lyrics.

Priyanka was the only one who was able to lip sync during the entire song. She had funny lyrics and she was a great performer.

Of the three finalists, Priyanka's runway look was the only one I liked. Scarlet's looked like something that would have been worn to the CMAs about 20 years ago (and the top looked like it didn't fit well). I didn't really like Rita's green alien look either. Even without the makeup, the look didn't do it for me, mostly because the dress came off as very matronly.  Rita did some beautiful makeup, which is even more impressive since she did it on top of that green base.

I loved the reunion backstage. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits and they were cracking me up. I loved the whole lovefest. I'd much rather see that during the finale than bitching and fighting.

And I loved seeing everyone's final runway looks. I know the girls save their most iconic looks for the finale so I'm glad they got to show them to us.

I was so happy for Priyanka - she did really well in the finale and I have enjoyed her throughout the season. One of the things I like the most about her is that she isn't afraid to make fun of herself. Other people get defensive when they make mistakes so it's nice to see someone who can laugh it off.

ETA: I loved how Canadian this show was (even when, as an American, I wasn't always familiar with things like the educational segments they were parodying). From the giant maple leaf in the work room to all the Canadian references and celebrities, I liked seeing the show really embrace its Canadian-ness.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

The finale looks were great! The ones which really stuck out to me were Lemon's (because she really stayed on brand there), and Boa, because it was nice to see her in something other than a leotard, even if it was essentially a leotard extended to a long skirt. I mean, this silhouette suits her, but she should be a little bit more brave with her looks.

Congrats to Priyanka! though based on the final challenges I thought Scarlet performed the best (both in U Wear It Well and the lipsync). Rita looked the best in U Wear it Well and Priyanka won the final runway. I wasn't particularly rooting for any of them - I like em all - but as someone who is also of Indian descent I am happy to see us represented in the Drag world and Priyanka has the charisma to be such a great ambassador. As usual was great to see the eliminated queens runway - loved Ilona's traditional dress; Lemon on-brand amazing; Starzy looked stunning and Kiara absolutely gorgeous.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ETA: I loved how Canadian this show was (even when, as an American, I wasn't always familiar with things like the educational segments they were parodying). From the giant maple leaf in the work room to all the Canadian references and celebrities, I liked seeing the show really embrace its Canadian-ness.

That's common with Canadian editions of shows. I think it's mandatory that a Canadian edition of a show has Maple Leafs dominating, in the logo and usually on the main sets somewhere. It also applies to Canadian branches of international businesses. 🙂 Sometimes it can be annoying, but I think most of us accept it as one of our Canadianisms and are embracing it now. 

That all said, the sceptre and crown looked gorgeous, and I don't mind the leafs being in those ones. The clear crystal with the pops of red were great. 

I don't know how intentional it was, but it seemed like the final three matched the three pillars of Canadian society; an Anglophone, a Francophone and basically an Other-Canadian (in this case  Indo-Guyanese according to Wiki). It was probably just a happy coincidence as far as the producers were concerned; had they been trying to plan it, Ilona Verley would have been Top 3, so you'd have Fraco, Anglo and Native instead. 

And don't get me wrong, all three of the finalists were great and well deserving of their position. It was a great competition, and I did like how supportive all of the competitors were. Sure there was some bitching, but it felt friendlier (and not just Canadianer 🙂 )

Now bring on Season 2! 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Taeolas said:

had they been trying to plan it, Ilona Verley would have been Top 3, so you'd have Fraco, Anglo and Native instead. 

I really loved the moment Ilona created with her final look, and I wish she had brought a bit more of that to the competition earlier on. There are so many dimensions to every performer, but some of them get stuck in a track and are afraid to vary their presentation. I would have enjoyed seeing a more serious side of her.

I'm disappointed Priyanka won. I'm disappointed whenever someone thinks that their personality gives him a pass on screwing up during the competition. Silkie Nutmeg Ganache had me seeing red, and while Priyanka wasn't that bad, she definitely did stumble her way into the finale and I don't believe she deserved to walk away with the crown no matter how much Star Quality she has (none in particular that I saw, sorry). Imagine being the other two competitors with years of experience under their belt and much more polished deliveries throughout the competition, being passed over for someone who's been doing drag for 2 years and in spite of having been on television as an entertainer, completely screwed up every acting challenge. I'm really baffled. Priyanka's final look was stunning and I think she's perfectly nice, but she was lucky to end up in the final three and her finale performance, while undeniably good, didn't erase the memory of the season of near eliminations.

She's sloppy. I don't think she needed the win to have success in the industry. She definitely made a mark on the competition and would have been well embraced afterwards. Does she have the most Twitter followers or something? I cannot really understand why they gave it to her.

Rita worked against herself with that green face makeup. The dress was beautiful but the pants reveal was pointless and she always seems to have a wall up when it comes to her facial expressions. She doesn't emote. For someone who is supposed to represent that campy drag from days gone past she often comes off somewhat robotic. I was expecting her to win, but after the editors showed us four or five different clips of her saying that she should win and she expected to win and she wanted to represent francophones etc, I was kind of fed up with her.

Scarlet definitely came out in the lead in these last episodes and really slayed. I didn't love her final look and she looked a little bit too much like Trinity the Tuck after she did the reveal, but she lip-synced for her life and for the crown and has a genuine desire to make a difference in the community and she just made me smile. I kind of wish she had won.

Jimbo is going to be interesting to watch....

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Pryanka wasn't like Silky at all. Silky was delusional about the level of her talents, Pryanka knows exactly where her weaknesses are and never defended a bad performance of her. Also, I don't think that most of the queens really "needed" that win, a lot of them were apparently already well-known beforehand. The younger ones, like Lemon, might be the exception, but they got the exposure they needed.

• Love 4

I think this was a good first season with a very solid cast. It was also, for me, marred by bad judging, and a winner I don't think deserved to have been in top three, or to have won once she was there. Aside from her fabric choice, I thought Priyanka's performances were the least memorable of the three. I also have a problem with the winner not being out to their family. It's absolutely her personal choice and I respect it in the real world. It makes me uncomfortable, for lack of a better word, in this context.

Besides that, I didn't find her to be that genuine. She yelled a lot when delivering interviews, she was production's helper, especially the last episode, in getting certain things on camera. That's all I got from her, really. I'd see her in a club and probably love the performance, I'm just not into her as the winner of a season with Rita, Jimbo, and Lemon, who I think all showed more creativity, range, and star power. 

Though I don't think she should have been top 3 either, I thought Scarlet took the finale. Did she ever give Jimbo credit for helping with the cape? 

That said, I think I get Canada's version of the show now and will be better prepared for next season. I think it's more weight on the runway, but not with the insane creativity and skill of Thailand or the expensive polish and padding of the US. And, the judges are the villains, so I shouldn't get too into any of the contestants, or take what I think are bad eliminations out on those who remain. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Priyanka has a lot of TV experience, having been a PJ on YTV way back in the day, and having other experience on YTV shows. So I wonder if that gave her a bit of an advantage in working with the show's production that the other Queens may not have had. Not necessarily an overwhelming advantage, but just better knowledge of how studios and cameras and TV lighting all work, along with TV production schedules. (Her time on YTV was after I watched a lot of YTV shows but I'm sure I saw her back in the day in between other shows). It certainly isn't something she hid, and it did bite her a few times too, most notably on her Miss Cleo Snatch Game performance. I did like that she owned that failure and made it part of her character going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Has my curse been broken? For years my favorites going into a season were the 1st booted. This year my faves from Season 12 to All-Stars to Canada have won. 

I think the right queen won, but I wouldn't have been mad if any of the top three left with the crown. (I'm usually behind a queen like Rita or Scarlet, but Priyanka...there was just an enthusiasm there.)

Side note, not sure what it was, but 2020 was such an amazing year for Drag Race. I had been running on exhaust the last couple years (with All Stars recurring more frequently, UK, and the Holiday and Celebrity stuff I just passed on so much) but this year was so amazing. The casts for 12, AS, and CA were amazing (minus she who shan't be named in Season 12).

It sucks such amazing casts had to be in such an awful year.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/4/2020 at 1:08 AM, Fake Jan Brady said:

Is Priyanka the first queen to win a Drag Race season after lip synching for her life twice?

Yes, at least out of the US / UK versions in addition to this one.  I don't know about the others.

• Useful 1
On 9/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, 853fisher said:

No, I think her only lip-sync before the final was with Detox.

I also think they made her do it simply because she hadn't done it at all until that point.  Plus everyone had expected Detox to blow her out of the water and it didn't go the way that I think RuPaul expected.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I also think they made her do it simply because she hadn't done it at all until that point.  Plus everyone had expected Detox to blow her out of the water and it didn't go the way that I think RuPaul expected.

Not to drift too far away from Canada, but I recall discussion at the time along the lines that an exotica number by Yma Sumac was tailor-made for Jinkx.  It did seem like a rather perfect moment, whether the producers thought it might shake out as it did or not.  It was very memorable.

• Love 1
On 8/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

They don't give the queens Windex to clean the mirror?

To my eye, they were wiping the mirror with makeup removal wipes, which seem to me a totally reasonable thing to use to clean lipstick off a mirror.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:49 PM, Eater of Worlds said:

On 9/21/2020 at 3:19 PM, 853fisher said:

Not to drift too far away from Canada, but I recall discussion at the time along the lines that an exotica number by Yma Sumac was tailor-made for Jinkx.  It did seem like a rather perfect moment, whether the producers thought it might shake out as it did or not.  It was very memorable.

Not only that, Detox said they changed the song at the last minute. (It was originally going to be an En Vogue song). AND Detox said Jinkx wouldn't stop singing that Malambo #1 when they were sequestered before the competition. So yeah, they definitely wanted Jinkx to win that lip sync, and the season IMO.

6 hours ago, Victim Noises said:

Not only that, Detox said they changed the song at the last minute. (It was originally going to be an En Vogue song). AND Detox said Jinkx wouldn't stop singing that Malambo #1 when they were sequestered before the competition. So yeah, they definitely wanted Jinkx to win that lip sync, and the season IMO.

Well, shit.  I shouldn't be as disappointed as I am.  At least Jinx seems to be a nice person, or at least I haven't heard of any fuckups they've done like in the last regular US sseason.

• Love 1
On 9/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Then that must be some heavily pigmented lipstick to make such a mess when wiping off the message of the eliminated Queen.  It's the ocd in me because all I could focus on when it happens is, "That is SUCH A MESS!" Heh.

I've long suspected they've switched it from lipstick to a stick of greasepaint.   Something like this https://www.makeupforever.com/ca/en/artistic/color-stick-MI000006100.html  Just by how it now writes and smears, which is different from the lipstick used by Shangela on the spur of the moment.  It also cleans up differently.  They used some sort of spray when they first did it then they switched to the make up remover sheets which would also handle greasepaint as those sheets work really well on oils.  Some of the sites that sell it specifically say remove it with cold cream (which is just mineral oil and waxes).  I think they probably switched the remover because the wipes got popular and very good at what they do but maybe also because they switched to greasepaint.