Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E24: Reunion Part1

• Start Topic

Did anyone have any idea what Porsha was referring to when she was talking about her divorce from Kordell and what sounded like “up fronts”?  She said it at least twice toward the end of the episode, when she was going back and forth with Nene, and neither time could I make heads or tails of it.  

Kandi:  I think the only reason she's on this show is because she needs the money to support her family.  She is the only one who is using this show for the right reasons, to create businesses.  She did win a Grammy, but how many years ago was that? 

I dunno, I think Kandi had serious money when she came on the show. And out of all the HWs, she has been the smartest in using the show as a platform to promote her ventures. Not that every venture was successful, but out of them all she does have the best hustle, imo. She is probably the one who needs the show the least, from a financial point of view.

Kenya on the other hand had a legitimate platform, she was 'Miss USA.'  She could have parlayed that into some type of career but that didn't happen. 

Kenya did try the acting thing for a while, but it was mostly tiny roles in the occasional movie and guest roles in TV shows.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Did anyone have any idea what Porsha was referring to when she was talking about her divorce from Kordell and what sounded like “up fronts”?

Up fronts are when new and returning shows are presented to the media, I think mostly to secure advertising dollars for the new schedule.  They usually show clips from the shows, and I think a lot of the casts of shows will show up and smooze and try to get people excited about their show.  I assume Portia is talking about having to go to this event in the middle of her divorce.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think she said it because she thought it would be funny. 

Still don't like Kenya though, it might be an UO around here.

yes, that's the only reason she said it , trying to be funny, Nene's not funny at all, disgusting is my description..    

Edited by byrd
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, lasu said:

I assume Portia is talking about having to go to this event in the middle of her divorce.

So, was Bravo supposed to suspend all work activities during her divorce because there might be an unpleasant exchange during a reality show event?  Porsha is a special snowflake.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So, was Bravo supposed to suspend all work activities during her divorce because there might be an unpleasant exchange during a reality show event?  Porsha is a special snowflake.

I had to go through my job when I was going through my divorce, I guess I’m not special enough like Porsha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Good reunion,Eva seemed kind of intimidated by Porsha when she went off about Pj haha. NeNe really annoyed me with her “bathroom” comment. It just wasn’t necessary and it was gross and it really annoyed me lol. I really hope Kenya wasn’t badmouthing Cynthia to Porsha. Kandi and Cynthia really need to not have Kenya as a friend. I think Porsha just doesn’t like Kenya lol I never bought that they had made up at all lol. Eva was teaching though lol now that she’s not pregnant she wants to finally “bring it” lol. 

• Love 5

I'm not going back and watching it again, but wasn't Portia actually talking about going to the upfronts in relation to how Nene was a good friend to her?  I don't think she was actually complaining Bravo didn't postpone their upfronts for her divorce.

• Love 7
On 5/11/2020 at 7:49 PM, Neurochick said:

I watched this today.  Here are my thoughts.

Nene:  She's not beautiful, articulate, she has no talent.  The only thing she has is this show, and IMO she's done pretty well for herself, she could have done a lot worse.  That said, she should be more grateful.

Kenya:  I can't stand her.  I hate that she bullies Nene.  The only reason she's so nasty is because no one will talk to her the way she'd be talked to IRL, because they don't want to look bad on TV.  But I don't give a shit so here goes:  Kenya's mama didn't want her, Marc really doesn't want her and when Brooklyn gets older she'll probably reject her too, especially when Kenya starts to compete with her daughter.  Kenya was Miss USA, she had a large platform, so what's she doing on this show?  Why isn't she an actress?  Why isn't she an anchor, or on a show like Today?  I can't imagine seeing Vanessa Williams on this modern day minstrel show.  When Kenya said "thank God Brooklyn looks like Marc" it wasn't lost on mean what she really meant, as she runs her fingers through her long (probably relaxed) hair, that she has because of DNA, and not any hair care products.  BTW, I think Nene was wrong when she said Kenya used someone else's eggs; Kenya is FAR too self centered to do something like that, she probably froze her eggs years ago, nothing wrong with that at all.  I don't even feel bad for her when Marc is nasty to her because I sense why Kenya married him and I think Marc knows that too.

Eva:  Why hasn't anybody asked her whatever happened to the "Eva Marcille Project?"  Another person who had a pretty good platform that just went...nowhere.   She won a reality show that had nothing to do with modeling.  I believe Eva is too short for runway.  No wonder she and Kenya are friends.  She brought zero to the season, she can disappear with her colorist self.  I think Kenya's colorist too (didn't her friends once say how she wanted to have a child with a light skinned man?) but at least she doesn't go around saying, "nappy headed..."

Cynthia:  I thought she was a legitimate model, so what's she doing on this mess of a show?  Maybe she doesn't want people to forget who she is?  I remember when she was modeling, I guess times are hard.

Kandi:  I think the only reason she's on this show is because she needs the money to support her family.  She is the only one who is using this show for the right reasons, to create businesses.  She did win a Grammy, but how many years ago was that? 

Porsha:  I never really liked her, but she's come into her own now IMO.

Lol !!!  I have always liked Porsha, when she first joined the show, it was refreshing to see her sort of naive, dumb ways. Porsha was just Porsha, what you see is what you get . Porsha was Kordell's trophy wife  and she played her role well. Her personality kept things light and she didn't take herself too seriously.  I really hated that her divorce had to air out on T.V  but hence the reality show platform. I believe she was so stressed that when Kenya was provoking her with that dam bullhorn at the reunion, this is why she drug Kenya's ass across the floor. I am so proud to see her growth and most of all to see her finally happy and have the family she's always wanted. However even that didn't come without a price. Porsha has excelled financially and she has matured , she's a lot smarter these days about life. The best way to sum it up is " Porsha  ain't taking no shit"  , I so agree :  " she has come into her own"  amen..  

• Love 9

Looks like Mike Hill had put a note above the stove to remind Cynthia to turn it off. 😀

Why does Bravo keep throwing money at Nene’s repulsive fucking ass? I loathe her! 🖕🏻

• Love 5
On 5/11/2020 at 3:48 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

Cynthia is so filled with filler and restalyne, that she looks like she’s going to burst at her next appointment, before she can get her card punched for a free visit.  She looks like a completely different person than she did when she joined this show.  I’ve never seen filler seem to change the size of a person’s face from angled to round as a pumpkin, but Cynthia’s got it.  Her eyes don’t even seem to open and shut anymore, everything is pulled so tight.  She’s still a beautiful woman when she’s posing, and part of that has to do with being a great model, but she looks positively like she could be her own mother in pictures taken about nine years apart.  I can’t imagine how this effect could be preferable to aging naturally:

I think Cynthia's face also looks different because she's gained quite a bit of weight since she first started the show.  She's looking close to Nene's size these days.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, swankie said:

I think Cynthia's face also looks different because she's gained quite a bit of weight since she first started the show.  She's looking close to Nene's size these days.

Completely agree.  I have noticed this since last season.  Nene seems to have lost weight after gaining, so she’s close to where she was in the early seasons, and Cynthia’s weight has been creeping up slowly since she joined, so they’re about even now.  

I do think Cynthia wears less of her weight in her face and more in her ass, whereas Nene’s is more evenly distributed, but I also think people are more likely to notice Nene’s flaws because she’s so awful.  Sometimes I see Cynthia from the back or the shot cuts out her head, and I am very surprised at the size of her body.  

The fact that each and every one of them has gained weight tends to mask it also.  I want friends who are so good that they even gain weight with me!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, Sheenieb said:

"I had to pee and change my tampon." You stay classy, NeNe. 

Nene knows damned well she hasn't needed tampons in many a year.  That girl is 52 years old.  Who does she think she's fooling? 🤣

Edited by swankie
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, swankie said:

Nene knows damned well she hasn't needed tampons in many a year.  That girl is 52 years old.  Who does she think she's fooling? 🤣

Confused.

Just because she’s 52 doesn’t mean a thing.  When I was 52 I still got my period.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Sometimes I see Cynthia from the back or the shot cuts out her head, and I am very surprised at the size of her body.  

I noticed her weight gain when she was wearing a strappy sun dress before the opening of her wine bar, her back looked like a trussed up ham...I hate saying that about anyone but it still did not detract from her beauty, the camera still lovers her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 4:14 PM, byrd said:

Kenya:  I can't stand her.  I hate that she bullies Nene.

Nene, like Kenya, has bullied or tried to bully everyone on the cast, past and present.  The only 2 people she couldn't get over on was Sheree and Kandi.  Nene is nobody's victim.

Cynthia:  I thought she was a legitimate model, so what's she doing on this mess of a show? 

Cynthia is over 50 years old and is not skinny anymore.  Last time I saw her modeling was on a poster in Macy's for the INC label about 4 years ago.  Modeling is over for Cynthia.

She did win a Grammy, but how many years ago was that? 

Kandi is still eating off that Grammy.  Ask Ed Sheeran(?)

Porsha has excelled financially and she has matured , she's a lot smarter these days about life.

After the way Kordell tossed her out like a used Kleenex, Porsha has decided no man is going to ever be able to toss her to the side (financially) like that again, and I'm here for it.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 11:42 AM, howivesforever said:

Kenya or Eva? Either way why is Porsha mad about that? The baby looks like the dad. Is Porsha upset because she thinks hot dog guy is ugly and she doesn’t like when people say her child looks like him? She needs to add Nene to that list if that’s why she’s mad because she said the baby looks like the dad multiple times.

I think it has to be about the negroid features that PJ has as opposed to Kenya's daughter. Eva is definitely a colorist, I caught that back when she was on America's next top model, she believed she was better than Yaya Dacosta who embraced her African heritage, her dark-skin, her features and her luscious enviable natural hair, Tyra hated her too who is another colorist on the low but I digress.  

I wish Porsha had the intellect to dive deep into that discussion about PJ. It is more than just PJ being considered ugly it has to do with her features that are deemed not be acceptable, just like Blue Ivy who looks more like Jayz as opposed to her mother who has the aesthetics that some people view to be beautiful.. It is probably why Porsha is so defensive about PJ due to colorists like Eva..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/11/2020 at 11:42 AM, howivesforever said:

Kenya or Eva? Either way why is Porsha mad about that? The baby looks like the dad. Is Porsha upset because she thinks hot dog guy is ugly and she doesn’t like when people say her child looks like him? She needs to add Nene to that list if that’s why she’s mad because she said the baby looks like the dad multiple times.

Eva and Porsha are co-workers and were supposed to be friends.  The intent and tone matters when saying something.  Eva was going in on Porsha when she said the "Dennis with a bow" line and she admitted at the reunion -- although it was obvious -- that she was saying it as a read.  The insinuation was that Dennis is not that attractive therefore Pilar isn't that attractive.  Regardless of how one feels about their child, I think generally, people would be upset if a co-worker and friend insinuated that their is ugly.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Regardless of how one feels about their child, I think generally, people would be upset if a co-worker and friend insinuated that their is ugly.

That's why I hate when people show me pictures of their baby.  If that kid ain't cute, I'm not saying that it is.  But I also have enough tact to just not say anything rude.  I might say something like, "Oh, look at that baby......." and change the subject. 

source.gif

All that being said, PJ definitely looks like Dennis, but that face is kinda cute on a chubby baby.  We'll have to give it a couple years to see what she'll actually look like.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think it has to be about the negroid features that PJ has as opposed to Kenya's daughter. Eva is definitely a colorist, I caught that back when she was on America's next top model, she believed she was better than Yaya Dacosta who embraced her African heritage, her dark-skin, her features and her luscious enviable natural hair, Tyra hated her too who is another colorist on the low but I digress.  

I wish Porsha had the intellect to dive deep into that discussion about PJ. It is more than just PJ being considered ugly it has to do with her features that are deemed not be acceptable, just like Blue Ivy who looks more like Jayz as opposed to her mother who has the aesthetics that some people view to be beautiful.. It is probably why Porsha is so defensive about PJ due to colorists like Eva..

I disagree a little bit. PJ has that dullard look of her father but otherwise she is cute. She just needs to be more animated. Dennis is not unattractive, but the dullard vibe and the wearing of sweats all the time, makes him appear less dapper.

• Love 6
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 7:31 PM, drivethroo said:

Kandi is still eating off that Grammy.  Ask Ed Sheeran(?)

Kandi is a far more successful songwriter than she was a performer. She is legit a heavyweight when it comes to writing for others and has had success not just writing songs for Xscape, but for Destiny's Child, P!nk and others. While you might consider her group to be a one-hit kind of thing, I'd say her one Grammy still puts her in rarified company. She still has more Grammys than Snoop, Brian McKnight, Katy Perry and Diana Ross.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 2:40 PM, Pearson80 said:

I respectfully disagree, I personally don’t think racism/colorism is to blame for this one.

Coming from a woman who’s been told she has her father’s nose, I don’t think many women would be happy to hear they/their daughters look like their father. Unless their father has, like, movie-star good looks — and I’m sorry, but Dennis and Jay-Z ain’t that.

The only thing that I think detracts from PJ’s cuteness is the fact that we rarely see her smiling; dour-looking babies just aren’t as cute as happy-looking babies.

Edited by link417
Word
  • Love 5
On 5/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, byrd said:

Same ole crap, different season. I thought Eva looked great and Tanya looked the worst .. Tanya's hair pulled back makes her face look very long giving a horsey appearance. Her white dress or whatever it was looked matronly and very dated at least from the top.The red lipstick was the worst.  However I did like that her breast weren't slapping me in the dam face all night Kenya , girl I wish you the best , if you love Marc then I like him for you girl.  Lawd, I just think Kenya can do better.  Nene, I have no words, Nene have you ever heard the term T M I !!!  Dam I don't want to hear about your pee and tampon breaks, I declare, this girl is as low class as they come.  Porsha, calm down girl, and 50 cents, Kenya is proving everyday what a shitty friend she is to you, shitty person is a better term, because a friend she ain't.  Kandi, I use to like you , but this bone carrying crap is not good look on you girl.  

I like Tanya but she was extra dorky and embarrassing at the reunion and her look was very old lady. Tanya was totally in the right about the cookie lady but she really was not built for this type of ugliness.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:37 PM, drivethroo said:

Porsha thinks her baby is not cute, and is mad everyone else thinks the baby is not cute.

I personally think the baby is cute, she's just grumpy.

I think Alexa Ray is gorgeous and prettier than Sailor.  However, Alexa Ray does look just like Billy Joel so I could see where somebody could shade Alexa by saying she looks just like Billy.

I appreciate Kenya for not having her boobs poked out, pumped up, balloons bursting, long & saggy & socially distancing.  We don't need to see ya'll boobs out every single reunion.

Sailor also looks just like her father. People try to say she is Christie's look alike because of the blonde hair (YMMV). I think Alexa is actually much prettier. I guess when people once counted you as one of the most beautiful women in the world, it is hard to hear that none of your daughters resemble you.

Everyone told me that I looked like my dad to get under my mother's skins. My dad has darker skin and more ethnic features, while my mom is really light skin and has the "eurocentric" features everyone wanted back in the day. I don't care but it has always been "You think you're cute, but your daughter sure ain't" meaness to it. People will hurt you if you let them.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Gerber baby is absolutely adorable.  Porsha's baby may resemble Dennis now but there is plenty of time for that to switch to Porsha's classically beautiful looks.  My mother - God rest her soul - used to say the homleyest people made the cutest kids

Gerber Baby.png

Edited by mytmo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4