Type keyword(s) to search

S07. E18: Roy Cain

• Start Topic

First Aired: May 8, 2020

As the Task Force investigates a kidnapping executed by seemingly impossible abductors, Dembe lands in a perilous situation. Meanwhile, a recent health scare causes Red to think about a successor. As the Task Force investigates a kidnapping executed by seemingly impossible abductors, Dembe lands in a perilous situation. Meanwhile, a recent health scare causes Red to think about a successor.

(edited)

The show opens with a "previously on....". Harry Lennix must have complained he needed more to do on the show.

The Imam should have told Katarina she got him the wrong take out order and go back (just to mess with her).

So far, what has Katarina done for her to have complete "faith" in herself? Her only achievement is not spending money on bulbs in any place she occupy. She must love darkness.

I was waiting for that lady to return with a manager to get Marvin fired.

I knew something was up with Al Roker. Any man that wears blue rim glasses has to be suspicious. If Red told him to say it's "95 degrees in Alaska" in December, he would do it with a smile.

"I'll have your nuts in a cheerio!" Al's glasses turned red after hearing that!!!!!!

Luke Duke went from running moonshine to a become a devious warden. Uncle Jesse would not be pleased but Boss Hogg would approve!

If only the warden required Ruel to wear gloves taking the Imam, he would be alive and business would be thriving! The little things!

Now Liz is acting high and mighty she can't take Red's dirty money. When she told him she is an "FBI agent", I laughed.

Is Liz equipped to run a criminal empire!? Red really needs a brain scan! Agnes might do a better job.

Liz screams "FBI" from across the other building. Then distracts Park and she gets knocked down. Top notch field work from a pro!

Still waiting for the back up units to arrive.

Ressler has Red's medical file and didn't bother read it. Just let it go! The book was too big or maybe some HIPPA criminal law prevents him.

I guess we needed the warden to give us his family business history for Red to justify shooting him.

For Dembe to admit to Red he was going talk, that must have cost him a few million from Red's will

Liz's choice is so important, we need it shown in cartoon form next week!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I remember when Red made speeches that seem to indicate Liz was the light that was going to save him from his horrible world.

I remember when Katarina was a mother that loved her child so much she was willing to sacrifice herself to save her.

I remember when characters at least made some sense.

I remember when I used to watch this show because I was genuinely interested in what the big secret was instead of just following recaps so I can eventually discover what BS I have wasted so much time on.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Is Liz equipped to run a criminal empire!?

I would tune in just for that.  The possibilities are endless, albeit hair-pulling in disbelief.  She'll have to hook up with Ressler so she can have some muscle around...Wait, what was I thinking?

Although they tried hard to disguise it, I still recognized Canned Heat's 'On The Road Again' during the hostage rescue scene.  Why it was there I don't know.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

So sick of the Rostova drama, seriously.

I can't believe that the writers are still dragging this out.  No one cares about Katarina.  Literally no one cares.

3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Although they tried hard to disguise it, I still recognized Canned Heat's 'On The Road Again' during the hostage rescue scene.  Why it was there I don't know.

The background music choices were terrible and inappropriate in this episode.  Whatever that music was during the assassination that Lizzie and Park stopped was just awful for that scene.

6 hours ago, Manda317 said:

I remember when characters at least made some sense.

I remember when I used to watch this show because I was genuinely interested in what the big secret was instead of just following recaps so I can eventually discover what BS I have wasted so much time on.

I had to laugh when Park and Lizzie took down that entire team going after the witness.

Completely agree -- it's just been MacGuffin after MacGuffin and MacGuffin as a prelude to reveal Lizzie's true relationship with Reddington, I just want it to be over.  But I'm pretty much pot-committed at this point, got to see how it ends.

So the Ressler brothers side trip last week took place in the time it took to get a doctor to see Reddington after he collapsed.  And neither Lizzie or Ressler are ever going to speak of it again.

10 hours ago, edhopper said:

Liz and Mom? Huh?  And Liz is okay with killing Dembe?

My head hurts.

I don't get Lizzie and Katarina kicking back in the car, having pleasant little chats at all.
And how is Lizzie ok with killing Dembe ?

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.  Or Robert Vesco's cat.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

So sick of the Rostova drama, seriously.

I call it Rostova bullshit. Can we please be done with this bitch (the character & the actress). 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

I had to laugh at my husband last night. His reaction to seeing Rostova was funny. He said "isn't she dead?" I am so sick of seeing her ugly face and am so over that storyline. Will somebody please deep six it? I watch the show since there is very little else on at that time. I sure as hell don't take anything seriously. The writing is terrible. I take this as something to entertain my brain.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

For Dembe to admit to Red he was going talk, that must have cost him a few million from Red's will

I thought it was going to cost him Red shooting him between the eyes.

So much this to everything everyone has posted above. My biggest question is, what was Katarina trying to find out anyway? Everyone thinks she's dead so what's her big deal? Plus is she really Katarina or that other name that, when the thug told Red who hired him, Red said "She's dead"?

An ever bigger question is, who the hell cares. I don't. During the episode all I could think was, why am I watching this crap. Maybe because it's better than the Andy Griffith reruns I've seen a zillion times, but then again, maybe not. I'm starting to think anything is better than this dreck.

And WTH was Al Roker doing on this show? Is he even on Today any more? Are we suppose to believe this "beloved" tv weatherman is besties with the world's most wanted criminal? That whole scene was a bunch of WTH. Although I do dig his blue glasses. Does he wear those on Today?

The warden's scam of putting prisoners in isolation, then using them to commit crimes was pretty clever. But I guess not that clever if our "heroes" figured it out in 20 minutes.

So the bad guy was holding the Imam in front of him as a shield, and Red had guys with rifles and scopes and lasers with him, yet Red can just lift his pistol and fire off from the hip and shoot the bad guy dead center in the forehead. Yeah, not believing that one bit.

Then he shoots the warden in the chest? That made no sense at all. I mean yeah he shot the guy, but why in the chest when he had his pistol pointed at the guy's head.

I don't give a care about Katarina and just want that story and that crappy actress to be gone. So of course she will be around all this season and next. I'm not sure how much longer I can last. It seems even Spader is ready to die, die, ditch this show if he's putting Lizzie in his will. Dembe, Glenn and Fisher Stevens will be PO'd that they are getting nothing for all the crap Red's put them through. Heck, I'm PO'd with the crap this show is putting me through. Red owes all of us viewers some inheritance too.

1 hour ago, nitrofishblue said:

The writing is terrible. I take this as something to entertain my brain.

My condolences to your brain.

5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Even they bailed on this shit show. And they were on the payroll.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 7
45 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And WTH was Al Roker doing on this show? Is he even on Today any more? Are we suppose to believe this "beloved" tv weatherman is besties with the world's most wanted criminal? That whole scene was a bunch of WTH. 

On a show chock full of WTF moments, I had to squint after Reddington called that guy Al Roker just to make sure -- and immediately wondered how in the hell Al Roker end up on this show playing a character called 'Al Roker' (because in the credits it didn't say Al Roker playing 'himself').  Did he wander over from the Today Show set ?  Does he owe Bokenkamp money ?

• Love 2

I saw Roker's name in the opening credits, but had forgotten about it until he showed up. Yeah, that was a real WTH moment. Next episode maybe we'll get Matt Lauer. I understand he's looking for work.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Reddington must have an unlimited supply of pistols on hand to shoot various people who have crossed him.  The police would do ballistics checks on any homicide, and eventually things would start to line up.  At least someone in the CID who drop to the fact that the same gun has been used by a guy who murdered various people around the state.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Reddington must have an unlimited supply of pistols on hand to shoot various people who have crossed him.

He must have gotten a bunch from that gun seller he killed a couple weeks ago.

• LOL 2
On 5/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, mxc90 said:

Luke Duke went from running moonshine to a become a devious warden. Uncle Jesse would not be pleased but Boss Hogg would approve!

At least Red got to him before the law ever did.

• LOL 2

How fucking bad is Laila Robins? Great roles for older actresses are hard to come by, so there is a surplus of AMAZING older actresses out there and this meaty role is just wasted on Laila Robins. She just keeps shitting up the place in every episode she is in. Absolutely zero charisma. Holy shit, why would anyone want to follow this woman? 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Utpe said:

At least Red got to him before the law ever did.

Luke The warden (reliving his youth) attempted the "Put the gun back in the holster" move on Red. Then hop in the car and escape.

It worked on Enos back then, so what else did he have to lose! 

tenor7EZKQJYD.gif.23295deb715f9de4223ed820f6e99a58.gif

Too bad for him! Red did his homework and was ready for it!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 3
On 5/9/2020 at 1:17 PM, saber5055 said:

I thought it was going to cost him Red shooting him between the eyes.

Dembe would be shot if he told Katarina Red's secret to making shiozake. Anything else will result in loss of money.

23 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Next episode maybe we'll get Matt Lauer. I understand he's looking for work.

NBC will make sure to place him # 1 on the blacklist! With or without Red's approval!

• LOL 2
On 5/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, mxc90 said:

If only the warden required Ruel to wear gloves taking the Imam, he would be alive and business would be thriving! The little things!

Exactly my thoughts. For want of a pair of gloves, the whole castle came tumbling down. 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:17 PM, saber5055 said:

My biggest question is, what was Katarina trying to find out anyway? Everyone thinks she's dead so what's her big deal? Plus is she really Katarina or that other name that, when the thug told Red who hired him, Red said "She's dead"

Maddie Tolliver was the name Katarina used (getting it from a retired teacher she paid to have murdered) when she lived next door to Lizzie.

I'm also confused as to what information Katarina wants. Red went to Berlin to warn Katarina that people were after her as a result of Liz' inquiries, correct? Then she had him kidnapped, medically paralyzed, and put in a fake hospital with a spying nurse to find out who was after her?  Isn't that why Red went to voluntarily find her in the first place? Someone please explain.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Isn't that why Red went to voluntarily find her in the first place?

Exactly. Which is why this show is so whack, nothing makes sense. Even the side stories don't make sense. Like Park getting busted down and forced to work in the crap area of NYC/DC when she really wants to be in the prime crime spot of Fairbanks. WTH.

• Love 4

Wouldn't it just make more sense for Katarina to stay "dead?"  I don't get the whole poking your loose tooth with your tongue business.  I mean, she doesn't see how chatting up Liz in her car could make her an easy target since she's so convinced she and Red can't live on the same planet together?  What is she after and can she just get it and go away for good?

I'd accept Red killing Lizzie before Dembe if we're talking choices because yes, he really wants Lizzie running his criminal empire?  He might as well blow it all playing craps.

I had to see Tom Wopat twice before I recognized him when I saw his name in the credits.  It's always amusing to see Fisher Stevens but friendly or not let's never have Al Roker on this show (or any show for that matter that isn't The Today Show) again.

• Love 1
On 5/9/2020 at 8:32 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I can't believe that the writers are still dragging this out.  No one cares about Katarina.  Literally no one cares.

The background music choices were terrible and inappropriate in this episode.  Whatever that music was during the assassination that Lizzie and Park stopped was just awful for that scene.

I had to laugh when Park and Lizzie took down that entire team going after the witness.

Completely agree -- it's just been MacGuffin after MacGuffin and MacGuffin as a prelude to reveal Lizzie's true relationship with Reddington, I just want it to be over.  But I'm pretty much pot-committed at this point, got to see how it ends.

So the Ressler brothers side trip last week took place in the time it took to get a doctor to see Reddington after he collapsed.  And neither Lizzie or Ressler are ever going to speak of it again.

I don't get Lizzie and Katarina kicking back in the car, having pleasant little chats at all.
And how is Lizzie ok with killing Dembe ?

Nah nah, we've seen and heard about Agnes plenty this season. She doesn't have to be mentioned in every episode.

Agreed on the nonsense of the Katarina plot. And agreed about the actress! In the flashbacks she was played by Lottie Verbeek and there's no reason Lottie couldn't still be playing her. So my theory is that the Laila Robbins Katarina is an imposter and it's Lottie Verbeek who is after her. That would make as much sense as anything ever does on this show. If we have to go for a wild twist they should just say fuck it and bring Tom back like Tony Almeida on 24. No, he wasn't actually dead, he just looked that way. But a special commando team whisked him off to a field hospital (and we have seen such on this show already) where he convalesced while moping over his daughter and vaguely missing his wife but taking comfort in the two dogs and one cat he now tends to.

There was also a moment in the episode where Katarina was alone with Dembe. He could have just wrung her neck right then and there and then gone to Red and said "Guess who I killed today?" It's not like Red would have been mad. He thought she was already dead.

Lizzie kept going from her leather jacket to her winter jacket at times that made absolutely no sense. Continuity team was asleep at the switch on this one. At least she's had the same leather jacket for the entire series. Although I did get a kick out of the show Preacher

Spoiler

where the main characters spend a lot of time on the run yet Tulip had this impressive collection of heavy-duty looking biker jackets that she seemingly conjured out of thin air.

Al Roker was a real WTF. How and why does he know Reddington? And why are they buddies? I don't care that much but it does seem like some weird sideways dig at the media.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, dwmarch said:

Al Roker was a real WTF. How and why does he know Reddington? And why are they buddies? I don't care that much but it does seem like some weird sideways dig at the media.

Everybody knows the secret crime boss, Red Reddington. It's like James Bond. Super Secret Agent that is greeted as 007 at every bar, hotel, bowling alley, and massage parlor in every country.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, dwmarch said:

Al Roker was a real WTF. How and why does he know Reddington? And why are they buddies?

Red is why Willard Scott "retired"...#YouDead

• LOL 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 7:52 PM, milkyaqua said:

Wouldn't it just make more sense for Katarina to stay "dead?"  I don't get the whole poking your loose tooth with your tongue business.  I mean, she doesn't see how chatting up Liz in her car could make her an easy target since she's so convinced she and Red can't live on the same planet together?  What is she after and can she just get it and go away for good?

Katarina must have also figured out by now that her #1 henchman, who secretly lived with her next door to Liz, is dead, yet she didn't seem too upset about it when she was in Liz' car. I wonder why he had been so devoted to her cause. It had to have been more than just money.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:34 AM, dwmarch said:

Agreed on the nonsense of the Katarina plot. And agreed about the actress! In the flashbacks she was played by Lottie Verbeek and there's no reason Lottie couldn't still be playing her. So my theory is that the Laila Robbins Katarina is an imposter and it's Lottie Verbeek who is after her.

I do question if it's really possible to completely lose a fairly heavy Russian accent once you're about 30? That's the part I find most difficult to believe about the actress substitution.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

Ok, so Red, the international criminal mastermind who knows every chef, bookie, and criminal over 40 on the planet, cannot even figure out how to tail the most clueless FBI agent ever.  Even when he knows she is working to find out his secret secrets?   

BTW what happened to the whatchamacallit protocol?   The writers will bring it up after a 5 episode simmer I’m sure.   Oooooh how clever.  

Is this the last season?  Please.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:52 PM, milkyaqua said:

I'd accept Red killing Lizzie

This would have been welcome at any time in the history of this series.

I quit watching Blacklist about 2-3 years ago, and watched this one because quarantine. AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Lizzie is still beyond annoying. Red still thinks more highly of her than anyone else who has ever met her for even 10 seconds. There is STILL family drama. Lizzie's proclamations still make no sense in the context of the show, nor reflect any connection with what we see as viewers. 

The only thing that seemed different to me was that James Spader seemed a lot older than 2-3 years ago. Now I realize in the show Red is supposed to have some health problem, so maybe it is acting. But seriously, just as a human being, Spader seemed to have aged 10 years. Hope he is OK.

• Love 1