Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: The Battle of the Sixes: The Final 6

• Start Topic

That Barry Zito guess by Jenny came out of nowhere. Her explanation was like the ending of a convoluted murder mystery. Somehow she has a database in her head about which pageant queens are married to which retired baseball players? Sure. I’m a reasonably informed baseball fan and if you told me that one of the Moneyball era A’s was a good singer, Zito would have been just one of the names on the list. I might guess him first, I might guess him 25th. 

The spaghetti was a clever hint since Zito is close to ziti, another pasta. 

The show has cast the judges firmly into roles by now. Obviously Robin and Nicole are the judges who get guesses right through recognizing vocals and Jenny is a pop culture savant, at least as presented by the show. And Ken is a dumbass who will never get a guess right.

• Love 8

I definitely feel like Jenny was clued in to guess Barry Zito because now he's made it to the Top 5 and he's not someone most people are going to know when he is unmasked. I, personally, am delighted. I am just bummed his dish wasn't his trademark avocado scramble! Or piece a chicken, piece of fish, throw it on the grill, think win! 

I am well and truly offended for Skylar Astin that someone who has worked with him and heard him sing thought he was The Astronaut! My goodness, Nicole! 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Ken is a dumbass who will never get a guess right.

He guessed the basketball player from last year.  Apparently he's a huge basketball fan. 

I think he also got someone right in season 1, but I don't remember who it was. 

• Love 3

I find Ken so annoying that I FF whenever he's talking.  He makes the show almost unwatchable for me.

I had no idea who most of the people they guessed were.  It's partly an age thing, I guess, but I do think some of the "stars" are questionable.  I hope the judges are given cheat sheets for their guesses, because if they actually know all of the trivia they claim to about these people, they really need to get out more.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Fukui San said:

That Barry Zito guess by Jenny came out of nowhere. Her explanation was like the ending of a convoluted murder mystery.

I don't believe she got that on her own. She rushed through it rambling and then blurted out Barry Zito.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Ken is there for "comedy" relief.  The problem is that his act wears thin.

Also, the problem is his act isn't funny at all.

• Love 1

It's strange how all of a sudden Jenny comes up with the right answer.  There's no way she'd know half of these people.  All the episodes of way out guesses and then on the night of the reveal she becomes Karnak and guesses the right one?  I call shenanigans.

• Love 6
On 4/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, Fukui San said:

Somehow she has a database in her head about which pageant queens are married to which retired baseball players?

And it's not like he's married to former Miss America (right?) Miss Missouri isn't exactly on the tip of everyone's tongue. Jenny isn't even from Missouri, nor did she ever do pageants.

That, more than anything else, is the strongest evidence I've seen that she googles these things. I bet she wrote down the clue, may have deduced that was a Miss America-type crown, and googled something like "athlete married to Missouri pageant." There is absolutely no other way she could've come up with that answer. It makes no sense.

At least her Kandi Burress guess was more within the realm of possibility and I believe she knew Rob Gronkowski without googling, but I don't believe she knew this one without searching something on the Internet.

I did notice the orange scarf on Rhino this week! And how much taller he is than Nick Cannon.

• Love 1
On 4/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Commando Cody said:

He guessed the basketball player from last year.  Apparently he's a huge basketball fan. 

I think he also got someone right in season 1, but I don't remember who it was. 

I want to say the Unicorn but don't quote me on that.

I still don't get what qualifies someone to be a guest judge on this show, but at least Gordon was fun. Although it reminded me of that season of Masterchef with the rotating judging panel and now it makes me want that on this show full time.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:45 AM, camom said:

I find Ken so annoying that I FF whenever he's talking.  He makes the show almost unwatchable for me.

Ken is cast in the role of The Fool in this play.  He has made a living playing this part since leaving his job as a real-life ER doctor.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:35 AM, SnideAsides said:

I still don't get what qualifies someone to be a guest judge on this show, but at least Gordon was fun. Although it reminded me of that season of Masterchef with the rotating judging panel and now it makes me want that on this show full time.

Some of the guest judges also have shows on Fox.  I think Gordon and Sharon Osbourne were good guessers.

• Useful 1
On 5/3/2020 at 6:29 PM, galaxygirl76 said:

I want to say the Unicorn but don't quote me on that.

Yep. He had The Unicorn pegged as Tori Spelling pretty quickly.

Ken's whole deal is that he's just playing the fool. He's not even trying to guess the right answer, except once per season when he knows for a fact who it is and wants to throw everybody off who assumes he's gonna guess it wrong. And sure, I can see why a lot of people think his act is wearing thin, but it's actually kinda growing on me.

• Love 4