Type keyword(s) to search

One World: Together at Home

Just now, saoirse said:

So they're doing their PSA and here I am doing mine - I learned a valuable lesson the last few weeks. I didn't shower for a week. Don't look at me like that - I used deodorant, I washed my face, I brushed my teeth, heck, I was still going to the office until Thursday.

But I realized, when I took that shower after seven days - it helped. You guys. Please take care of yourselves. Shower. Brush your teeth. Open your window and breath fresh air. Look at Idris Elba frequently (if he's your jam. If not, look at whoever your jam is).

Thank you. You are all appreciated. Sending love across the universe tonight!

I'll jump on board and co-sign this.  I am going to the office less frequently but when I'm working form home, doing those little things every day helps.  I walk every day or do things around the house (pulled apart the old hutch today to re-paint, but that's another story. Oh that is the story).

Help somebody if you can; donate if you can; support a local business if you can; call someone to check on them or just say hi.   Text if you hate calling.

Take care of yourselves !

• Love 10
Just now, Kiki777 said:

I don’t get why she gets to have a singing career.

She's good at times. But she's nowhere near a Mike here. Her brother should know that and have fixed it beforehand. 

• Love 1

I love seeing the clips of people cheering on the healthcare workers. People have been saying they deserve a parade and honors and whatnot when all is said and done with this, and I hope they do get all of that. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

She's good at times. But she's nowhere near a Mike here. Her brother should know that and have fixed it beforehand. 

You would think, but when she did the show like this a couple of Sunday's ago, it was even worse. 

• Useful 1

I'm not a fan of Billie E so I don't want to hear her.

Since we're sharing office stories, I don't even know if anyone is still working in my office building. I'm worried about the janitor's employment and hope he's still getting an income.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 4

I am keeping to my daily routine, I shower at night, wash my hair every other night, go to bed at my usual time, put on real clothes for work, though it's jeans and a hoodie instead of slacks and a blouse and it's really helped. The only week day changes I made are I'm sleeping in and I'm not wearing shoes (unless I go outside). 

And I wish Taylor Swift was singing You Need To Calm Down. I want to hear some upbeat, fun music.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, saoirse said:

I don't think so?

Here is his Easter performance in Milan, for those that are interested.

Which happens to be on one of our PBS stations right this second! 

• Love 2

I watched the extended (AKA super-long) version of this marathon on YouTube earlier, as it was streaming live.  I guess they extracted certain parts of it and put it into the prime time version?  Did they show Jennifer Hudson in the network version, or is there still time for her to show up?

Anyway, there were a few people I was looking forward to seeing, and Jennifer Hudson wasn't really one of them.  But... my Lord!  Her voice!  I mean, she's always been a great singer and I can't believe she didn't make the final 2 in her "American Idol" season, but her voice seems to have improved. 

When Jennifer popped up on this marathon today to sing both "Memory" (from Cats) and "Hallelujah," it was incredible.  Powerful.

I don't know what kind of room Jennifer was in when she sang those two songs, but the acoustics were amazing, and really enhanced her voice even more.  And the harmonies were fabulous too!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Billie Joe's segment made me tear up.

I tuned in briefly, watched this performance, and suddenly found myself breaking down in tears. Once it was over, I changed the channel to The Big Bang Theory. I just couldn't do it. It was beautiful but the reality of what's happening just hit me in that moment, and I couldn't handle it. 

• Love 4

I thought the Taylor Swift song had interesting lyrics, so I looked the song up (Soon You'll Get Better), I had never heard it before.  Turns out it was about her mom fighting cancer.  Probably the saddest song I've heard since Angels in Waiting by Tammy Cochran.

I respect Taylor Swift because whatever you think of her, she is at least a legitimate artist who writes and performs her own songs in her own way.  Where I used to work the country station was the only station that would come in, so I remember her on the radio when she was starting out as a young country singer/songwriter.

• Love 2