Type keyword(s) to search

One World: Together at Home

1 minute ago, Fostersmom said:

This is kinda a hot mess

Mess? Yeah. 

Hot? Not so much. 

To be fair Mick's voice is still okay. But the coordination between the four here is not so great. 

So nice to see Laura and Michelle here!

2 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Mr ebk is on a Zoom call with his family, so the TV is turned down pretty low.  Am I missing much?  🙂 

The Rolling Stones was...different? Clearly there was some supplemental musicianship happening somewhere, although I THINK Mick was singing live?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, saoirse said:

So nice to see Laura and Michelle here!

The Rolling Stones was...different? Clearly there was some supplemental musicianship happening somewhere, although I THINK Mick was singing live?

I can say they looked...good... and the little bit I could hear was fine.

I thank you all for helping me along with this.  (And yes, I could go to the other room, but laziness has taken over).

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I thank you all for helping me along with this.  (And yes, I could go to the other room, but laziness has taken over).

Ah yes, I am familiar with this feeling. My entire world is in these rooms now. It's soooooo far away!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, saoirse said:

Ah yes, I am familiar with this feeling. My entire world is in these rooms now. It's soooooo far away!

I wish my weather was better lately. Having a porch really helps that feeling of being trapped. It's just been too rainy and cold to use it. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

All the singing is a bit off tonight, probably because of the at home sound.

So far Stevie Wonder (sounding like his young self!) and Mick Jagger took the singing honors.  Amazing for two dudes in their 70s.  (Although I think Stevie may be 69 still.)

I think Lizzo is awesome and a true artist, but you need a voice that soars to sing Change Gonna Come.  In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a version that holds a candle to the original Sam Cooke.  Speaking of soaring voices.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

You'd think Keith would have time to wash his hair.

Celebrities are just like us.

(Trying to remember how many days it's been since my hair was washed. I think three.)

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I wish my weather was better lately. Having a porch really helps that feeling of being trapped. It's just been too rainy and cold to use it. 

Our weather was great today, but no porch here. I stayed in, and I am sad.

1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I'm really digging this guy, too, whoever he is.

Yes! It's great to hear some music beyond the usual.

• Love 3
Just now, Snow Apple said:

(Trying to remember how many days it's been since my hair was washed. I think three.)

I like to think of it as conserving water 😉

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Keith always looks unwashed to me, though.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Snow Apple said:

I’ve gone 2 weeks, but I’ll wash it tomorrow- tomorrow’s another day...

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

No need Oprah. I'm pretty mad at her lately for giving us both Mr. Phil and Dr. Oz, both now proven to be dangerous quacks. 

I knew Dr. Phil was, but I really had better faith in Dr. Oz. Not much, but apparently the bit I had, it was way too much. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 4

please don't let JLo sing. Oh no, it's happening...

Good God, She sings "People" and it's as bad as you could ever think it could be. She is such a fucking fake.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 6