Type keyword(s) to search

One World: Together at Home

1 minute ago, Ashforth said:

please don't let JLo sing. Oh no, it's happening...

Right? Just stick to dancing, and looking pretty, and going to the gym with your boyfriend when you’re supposed to be quarantining.

• Love 1
Just now, raven said:

oh gee, I hate to be negative but I HATE this song "People".

Her performance isn't bad, but she handicapped herself by singing a horrible song. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I knew Dr. Phil was, but I really had better faith in Dr. Oz. Not much, but apparently the bit I had, it was way too much. 

Anytime I see Dr. Oz on TV I just keep thinking about all the bizarre clips from his show that they used to play on "The Soup". So that just further added to my reasons to not take him seriously. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I missed about 20 minutes of this. I've been waiting for a shoutout to Chef Jose Andres. Has there been anything?

Damn well should be. That man steps up big time every time there's a crisis. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I should have known we couldn't get through this without John Legend.  I am irrationally irritated by him.

But I do like this song.

He was on the preshow, so I knew he'd be showing up. I too am tired of him. But at least his annoying wife isn't in shot. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

But I do like this song.

That's one of my favorite songs of all time. I don't know if a duet version of it really worked all that well here, but still, a nice song choice all the same. 

• Love 3

I get why he's not, but I wish Billie Joe was signing American Idiot. Wake Me Up When September Ends always makes me bawl.

Fun fact: American Idiot (and Mechanical Animal by Manson) were the last 2 CDs I ever purchased.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I'm not familiar with this song, but it's nice.

It's Wake Me Up When September Ends on the American Idiot album from Green Day. It's actually a song about Iraq War. About the death of Billie Joe's father. The video is about the Iraq War.

Edited by theredhead77
Facts are important
  • Love 5

I have to go into the office twice a week, so that's helped me keep a semi-normal schedule.  And I'm grateful for that. 

Happy to be here with you all, too!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, saoirse said:

So they're doing their PSA and here I am doing mine - I learned a valuable lesson the last few weeks. I didn't shower for a week. Don't look at me like that - I used deodorant, I washed my face, I brushed my teeth, heck, I was still going to the office until Thursday.

But I realized, when I took that shower after seven days - it helped. You guys. Please take care of yourselves. Shower. Brush your teeth. Open your window and breath fresh air. Look at Idris Elba frequently (if he's your jam. If not, look at whoever your jam is).

Thank you. You are all appreciated. Sending love across the universe tonight!

Yesterday I went outside for the first time in a week and the sunshine on my face felt glorious.  I need to at least step outside once a day to enjoy if even it just for a minute.

• Love 11