Type keyword(s) to search

One World: Together at Home

Together at Home is an ongoing virtual concert series, fueled by Global Citizen in support of the World Health Organization in order to promote physical social distancing during the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.

[A] television special, titled One World: Together at Home, is curated in collaboration between Global Citizen and singer-songwriter Lady Gaga, which will benefit the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, and Stephen Colbert will host the show, which is slated for broadcast on April 18, 2020 by NBC, ABC, and CBS. The special will also be simulcast on select U.S. cable television networks, streaming platforms, and international broadcast networks.

Discuss here, and live chat is fine!

Please note that usual site rules are in effect - here are links to the site rules on civility to fellow posters and political discussion on the site. Posts that violate the site policies or are reported for policy violations will be removed and reviewed. If you have questions, please PM the forum mods, @Athena and @saoirse.

Enjoy the show!

• Love 1
Just now, Kiki777 said:

On a shallow note, Gaga looks quite pretty in just simple makeup.

I joked about it, but it's kinda convenient to think of that pretty woman in simple makeup as Stefani, and the glammed up icon as Gaga.  Stefani is definitely the businesswoman who effortlessly got all those donations and put this together. 

3 minutes ago, raven said:

Stevie Wonder.  Fantastic.

Stevie Jimmy Wonder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Browncoat said:

I love Paul McCartney, but I'm not loving this.  I think it's the instrument.  He would have done better, I think, with just a regular piano.

It's not surprising given his age, but his voice is a bit shaky too. But also... Znot a great arrangement on those keys either. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I love Paul McCartney, but I'm not loving this.  I think it's the instrument.  He would have done better, I think, with just a regular piano.

When he was talking about his mother I was expecting him to sing Let It Be ( When I found myself in times of trouble mother mary calls to me) . it was a weird arrangement to Lady Madonna.but it's still Sir Paul so its all good.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Muppets frighten me.

As long as it isn't Elmo, I'm good with Muppets.

1 minute ago, shoregirl said:

When he was talking about his mother I was expecting him to sing Let It Be ( When I found myself in times of trouble mother mary calls to me) . it was a weird arrangement to Lady Madonna.but it's still Sir Paul so its all good.

I expected Let It Be, too.  And I thought his voice was fine.  I just think he should have played a regular piano.

• Love 2

Sporty Spice and his wife Posh don't really interest me. 

Elton's a tiny bit rough too. It's a theme with some of these older performers tonight it seems. Not horrible, but a little rambly. 

His piano playing was top shelf though. 

Okay, time for my least favourite of the three Jimmys. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I’m not sure I ever realized how important good sound engineers were  for performances.  All the singing is a bit off tonight, probably because of the at home sound. I’m not complaining just making an observation.

Edited by Caseysgirl
  • Love 2

I’m pretty sure teenage me, who was worried about the Cold War and the assassination of public figures, could not have imagined that the Tiny Dancer guy would be singing in support of fighting a global pandemic, in front of his kids’ basketball hoops. 

edited again to add: teenage me would also be pleased to see that the “band on the run” Beatle was still doing well!

Edited by SoMuchTV
Left out a word
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I thought the same thing. 

Agreed that Stevie, Elton, and Lady Gaga were great. And yes, "Safety Dance" was a great choice of song, too.

Also, I did not need that reminder that the song "Yellow" is twenty years old this year, Chris Martin, thanks :p. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

Also, I did not need that reminder that the song "Yellow" is twenty years old this year, Chris Martin, thanks :p. 

Yellow holds a pretty special place in my heart for reasons, so I will always love Chris Martin, despite not being a fan of some of his life choices...

• Love 2