Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: To The Rescue

druzy
  • Start Topic

Gary takes Amber to anger management class after audio is leaked from a dispute. Catelynn visits her psychiatrist after listening to Amber’s audio leaks. Cheyenne decides to start an event planning business. Maci invites Ryan to Bentley's birthday party.

Airs April 7, 2020

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I love Cheyenne trying to do damage control:  “everyone knows [Amber’s] wrong.”  Then why did you go to court in support of her?  We all knew she was wrong as soon as it broke.   I’m sure distancing herself from Amber has nothing to do with this business where she’s profiting off of her daughter’s illness, or this new business she’s trying to start.  🤔

I couldn’t be less interested in The Challenge.  It feels like (because it is) MTV cross-promoting another show.  I’m not buying Cori’s bullshit this week.  He’s going to cheat on Taylor, and if she has nothing to say about it, I guess I don’t either.  At least the conversation with Taylor (if you can call it that) didn’t seem scripted.  The conversation with Cheyenne had clearly already happened off-camera and they were just reenacting it.  Cheyenne is way too much of a control freak to just roll with Cori and his bullshit Challenge antics.  

Oh, yes, Catelynn’s self-pitying story of the week—the PTSD that Amber’s audio caused—is “so traumatizing.”  She’s profiting off “working on herself,” when she seems like a pretty normal person to begin with.  She has no incentive to heal, and every incentive to wallow in self-pity.  She would have exactly nothing to offer the show without beating the mental health issue to within an inch of its life.  People can grow and still work a job.  She’s sending a trashy message by doing nothing but sitting on her ass whenever she’s not on vacation or in a therapy session.  

So Amber is avoiding spending any time with Leah when she’d previously committed to showing up?  That’s being a deadbeat mother, pretty much by definition.  I love that Gary is the smartest person in the room, even when he says Amber needs “to have some liability there.”  Gar, do you mean “accountability”?  I smack my head.  I don’t think Gary (or Kristina) are harmless though, or saints.  They’re enabling Amber’s dysfunction by being on the show.  Amber can find someone else to, or—God forbid—make her own telephone call to get her own damn counseling, but I guess whatever keeps Gary in his La-Z-Boy, tilted back at the perfect 45 degree angle 16 hours a day, works.  

Good job on the birthday present, Josh.  I notice you didn’t spend any actual time with your wife on her birthday until the evening, nor did you arrange for childcare, which means Mackenzie would have been a single mom with three kids again on her birthday if Angie didn’t agree to watch them at the last minute.  Well, in his favor, it’s not like Josh can “engage in inappropriate” with his wife and children present, so I should cut the man a break for multitasking.  

Tyler stuttering and seizing up in indignation over a dish sink about all the people online who didn’t support his wife’s support of domestic abuse was everything.  

Rhine’s Mackenzie is one of the people on this show I can actually stand.  I don’t know why.  She’s enabling terrible parenting and bringing more children into a drug-fueled family.  Maybe because she is too dumb to realize how bad this all is?  She just seems like she is very ignorant about all the damage she’s causing, compared to Maci, who has been a smooth operator the whole time, like she knew just how close she was to working at Wal-Mart for the rest of her life if this show didn’t fall into her lap.  

Are they just going to keep on pretending Rhine wasn’t just this side of passed out when he couldn’t seem to drink from a bottle or eat food with a fork at the end?  When he sat his ass on the sink and started yelling, I completely expected him to lose his balance and fall backward out the window.  That would have given Tyler and his manic dishwashing a run for its money as best part of the episode.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18

Why can’t Tyler and Cate see WHY people on Twitter are so angry with their “support” of Amber?  They are so upset that the fans don’t accept everything they do, they sound like idiots.  Hello, we felt for you both because your family was verbally and physically abusive.  Your asshole friend is verbally and physically ABUSIVE to her family.  

• Love 19
(edited)

I hate that scene of young Cait with Mullet Butch and April. Such an ugly scene. 

Oh good, another clothing line, thanks Cheyenne. 

I dont care at all about Rodeo Girl, whatever her name is. 

Amber looked like a deranged lunatic sitting on her couch,  when Gary visited. I'd be afraid to be alone with her.

Amber blames her psychotic behavior kn these nickname conditions she claims to have, "post partum" and "borderline ".  She is incredible. And Maci, Big Foot could not have recorded all this if it didn't actually happen. 

While Amber was being tended to by paramedics, Gary looked ready to bolt. He was late for dinner  !

Maci, in general I dont see why there would be tension with an ex-boyfriend and his family, unless you feel there is unfinished business or unresolved romantic feelings buried there.

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Gary tell Amber to get the fuck over herself! Selfish won't take any ownership of her shitty behavior. She knows exactly what she's doing. Doesn't care. She needs to go.

• Love 10
(edited)

Geezus, Ryan denying he said anything to Maci and Taylor SMH. (Aren't there text messages of some of it?)  And, poor boy - he's far from being a man! -  he's tired of his parents getting on him to handle his business. Then do it Ryan!  Damn, that boy is neverrrr going to be a man nor a father.  What a poor excuse for a human being he is.  He's pathetic.

And there's Amber, after going to court, the recordings of her during Andrew's assault coming out, and Gary tells her it's time to be accountable and yet she still thinks there's nothing wrong with what she did.  

Both Amber and Ryan are trying to use their camera time to rewrite history.  Bwahahaha,  they're so delusional and naive to think they can use their platform and pitiful acting skills and powers of manipulation on the show to change the facts and think viewers will believe them over what we've seen and heard already with our own eyes and ears.  Fools!  Them, not us!

I don't think either Amber or Ryan will ever truly acknowledge what happened in each of their cases, admit their guilt and accept responsibility - genuinely.  I think their children are better off having relationships with them at arms length.  I don't think there's any way the kids won't one day be even greater victims themselves, of the very things that Amber and Ryan have done to others but soon it will be their childrens' turn.  

I think Bentley and Leah already feel & know the truth about their respective parents and I hope Maci and Gary stand strong and protect their children from further hurt and abuse and continue to limit and manage the contact their kids have with their other birth parent.

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

Maci, in general I dont see why there would be tension with an ex-boyfriend and his family, unless you feel there is unfinished business or unresolved romantic feelings buried there.

I don't see that at all with Maci; I think she's been over Ryan for a long time.  I think the unresolved issues are Ryan's long-term drug use, his deceptions, his parents covering for him, and the muddy relationship between Bentley and them all, ie: who is the parent, the grandparents, etc. and I don't they've ever sat down and discussed any of that.  It's all just been passive aggressive camera scenes back and forth - from what we've been shown anyway, and from what they're inferring on the show.  SMH  What a dysfunctional way to live. It's no wonder they have never resolved their issues.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

When he sat his ass on the sink and started yelling, I completely expected him to lose his balance and fall backward out the window.  That would have given Tyler and his manic dishwashing a run for its money as best part of the episode.  

LOL, I close my eyes and see it happening and oh boy, that would have made the episode!! Lmao   I love it!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Omg why are they filming Ryan higher than a kite?  MTV should be sued for shooting that!!!  Shame on them and shame on his wife and parents for participating in that fiasco.

Honestly I could not believe my eyes.

• Love 7

I'M OKAY NOW!!! I DON'T NEED ANGER MANAGEMENT! (dumbass)

Oh Amber, never change. The look on her face while Gary was calling the 'anger management' was priceless. I got the feeling that if the cameras weren't rolling she'd have leapt from the couch and cut him for suggesting it.

That is the picture I will always have of Amber: Sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, barely controlled rage directed at whoever dares to come to close. I picture her sitting like that forever, until she is an eighty year old woman, snapping at whoever comes near. She will never change. She has the excuse for her behavior all mapped out with borderline and depression and anxiety and doesn't seem to desire to rise above or change anything at all to improve her relationships with people. Permanent victims, she and Catelyn. Now that they have been diagnosed they can just sit there and not change forever.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I'M OKAY NOW!!! I DON'T NEED ANGER MANAGEMENT! (dumbass)

Oh Amber, never change. The look on her face while Gary was calling the 'anger management' was priceless. I got the feeling that if the cameras weren't rolling she'd have leapt from the couch and cut him for suggesting it.

That is the picture I will always have of Amber: Sitting on the couch, wrapped in a blanket, barely controlled rage directed at whoever dares to come to close. I picture her sitting like that forever, until she is an eighty year old woman, snapping at whoever comes near. She will never change. She has the excuse for her behavior all mapped out with borderline and depression and anxiety and doesn't seem to desire to rise above or change anything at all to improve her relationships with people. Permanent victims, she and Catelyn. Now that they have been diagnosed they can just sit there and not change forever.

This a hundred times!!!!!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Gary plays too nice with Amber, for good reasons, I think. But man, you could tell how over it he was in the car when she asked him if he’d ever been just so drained by life. His quick and loud, “Yep!” was sure telling. He’s only helping to keep her alive and out of jail because she’s Leah’s bio mom and he doesn’t want Leah to deal with that (again).

Agreed. And he's not just sitting in his Lazy Boy. He invested his MTV money in real estate and has been collecting rents for several years. They don't live an extravagant life, either. I don't blame him and Kristina for staying on the show. They are socking away money for their future, especially for Leah, whose mother will likely not be able to help her through college or whatever.

Like someone else noted, I don't give a fuck about Rodeo Girl, either. She's stupid to fall for that guy's let's start again BS. Josh has been a shit partner from the start.

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. How the hell did they get that house? And he sure seemed like he was on something last night and didn't make any sense.

So, Cate expects her druggie friend to not spend her time in their house just sitting around and not going to work. What a hypocrite!

• Love 14
(edited)

Agreed on Gary and Kristina likely staying on the show in order to put away $$ for Leah. Gawd knows Amber isn't gonna do anything but "work her ass off" (insert eye roll) by getting filmed sitting on her sofa (or, for variety, in her bed) w/perfectly applied makeup, hair in a bun, wrapped in blankets, whining about her various personality disorders. 

I want to feel sorry for Mackenzie (the one whose Mom has cancer) but...come on, girl. You really think your waste-of-oxygen husband is gonna change? Then again, I know I was similarly stupid at her age. Luckily, I wasn't saddled (see what I did there?) with three kids by my loser BF, but I took his sorry ass back over and over again over a 5-year span before finally wising up. (Luckily, we never had any kids together.) 

Ryan...JFC. He was clearly high in that scene. I can't help but feel for Mackenzie (Ryan's wife)....yeah, by all accounts she purposely got knocked up w/her first kid in a failed attempt to get a "16 and Pregnant" episode, and when that failed, sought out a relationship with Ryan to get herself onto "Teen Mom OG". And she's beyond stupid to keep getting pregnant by Ryan--married or not. But I see her attempting to show everyone this beautiful life on IG, and we all know that that's not what her life is really like. That wedding of theirs was one of the saddest displays I've ever seen (not the quickie one where he mistook Jen for Mackenzie, and Jen was sobbing...though that, too, was a train wreck, but the one where he was also clearly high and/or jonesing throughout and couldn't even fake affection for his bride for five minutes. Jesus, that was depressing.)

Catelynn and her eternal navel-gazing...I can't. 

The rest of them....don't care. I don't dislike Cheyenne; I just have zero interest in her story. And I can't w/Maci and her lifeless, monotone, slowwww way of speaking. 

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Well, well, well....what a surprise...Amber sitting on a couch ensconced in a blanket, full make up on ready for her scene. I just can't stand watching her anymore. Always on a couch or in bed and blaming everything bad she does on some disorder that a psychiatrist pinned on her. And I'm sick and tired of her and Cate blaming their behaviors on post partum. It insults women who have a serious issue with post partum when these lazy ass girls use it as an excuse to lay about the house and use their husbands/boyfriends as nannies and maids. Seriously, if Amber is that mentally ill maybe she should seek out residential treatment or check herself into a mental hospital...I'm sure Dr. Drew could work out some sort of plan for her. And I just have to speak to the other TM's and that dope Cory who were critical of Andrew recording the altercation between himself and Amber. Andrew did the smart and necessary thing to do...it's no different then when a battered woman records the abuse that she is getting as evidence to present in court. He knew no one would believe him...now they do. And contrary to what dopey Cory said, I did not feel that Andrew was egging her on at all...in all honesty, it doesn't take much for Amber to go from 1-10 on anger scale...look how quickly it escalated when Gary spoke up about her anger issues! She uses her so called mental health issues as an excuse not to work and not be a part of her kids lives. Leah is the real loser in all of this...her mother will never be a real mom...she just isn't capable of being a proper mom and luckily Christina picks up the slack and loves her unconditionally. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, politichick said:

And he's not just sitting in his Lazy Boy. He invested his MTV money in real estate and has been collecting rents for several years. They don't live an extravagant life, either. I don't blame him and Kristina for staying on the show. They are socking away money for their future, especially for Leah, whose mother will likely not be able to help her through college or whatever.

I blame them for staying on the show.  If Gary is concerned about his future, he should get a job instead of having Leah on the MTV teat.  Just freeze the MTV money he's made, and live on wages, like most people do.

Or at the very least tell MTV no more Leah on the show.  I don't think that's a great option because it means he and Amber will still be intertwined, but if he just can't do without the MTV money or fame, the least he can do is keep Leah out of that mess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I agree. It’s sickening to continue to exploit Leah (especially as she’s now almost a preteen) for money. Time for the parents to get jobs and support their kids, not the other way around. Let her have some privacy!

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 14

I think she 'fainted' because she knew she was going to be filmed and she didn't want to answer any questions about her 'anger management' session.  The therapist probably didn't put up with her excuses and bullshit and she couldn't handle it. She is used to being babied by MTV etc.  Also, she needed to secure her victimhood status and be sure no one suggests she go to that kind of therapy again. After all, look what happened that one time!  She fainted! 

Mackenzie's storyline disturbs me because she is playing out, on MTV camera, the kind of shit so many women fall prey too when they are in bad or abusive relationships:  take a stand, he overdoes himself with the apologies and 'sorry' etc, she takes him back, he returns to his previous shitty behavior, she takes a stand, he apologizes and does the whole sorry routine, etc, ad nauseum. It's such a cliche by now and most of us can see it. But there's MTV, pushing that whole scenario as though it's so romantic and genuine and shouldn't we be happy for Mack. Makes me angry.

• Love 14

Ryan's behavior was disturbing. His anger and lack of ownership in his verbal threats to Taylor were stunning. He actually said that he never did that and that Taylor and Maci made it all up? It was sad to watch all of this unfold in front of his sweet little boy...his parents should have taken this dispute outside or Mackenzie should have taken the baby into another room. It is depressing to see that Ryan hasn't matured one bit in all these years..he's a victim, Maci is the bad guy/gal and he tries so hard and no one appreciates him...waa waa waa. Part of the problem is that his parents coddled him and enabled all of this toxic stuff for years and years. His Dad seems to be sick and tired of Ryan's whining and meltdowns but Mama just cries and placates him. I feel sorry for the kids that he has spawned...he's really just a worthless POS.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I blame them for staying on the show.  If Gary is concerned about his future, he should get a job instead of having Leah on the MTV teat.  Just freeze the MTV money he's made, and live on wages, like most people do.

Or at the very least tell MTV no more Leah on the show.  I don't think that's a great option because it means he and Amber will still be intertwined, but if he just can't do without the MTV money or fame, the least he can do is keep Leah out of that mess.

I agree. I do not respect ANY of them for selling out their kid’s privacy because they don’t want to work. Gary does not seem that busy to me with his real estate empire. @@

• Love 4

I had to google Cate's psychiatrist.  She went to Duke and earned her MD from George Washington University.  https://www.drlmassoumi.com/providers.html  How much must MTV  have paid her to describe a woman who can't spend 5 minutes with her kid without announcing, "I'm depressed and need to go to therapy in Malibu" as stable?  Good god, how is she ever going to have any clients after this?  If she can't see through Catelyn's endless whining and bs, how can she ever help anyone?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/9/2020 at 2:13 AM, lilmarysunshine said:

I agree. I do not respect ANY of them for selling out their kid’s privacy because they don’t want to work. Gary does not seem that busy to me with his real estate empire. @@

And I find it hard to imagine Gary having a lot of expenses.  He seems like he’d be pretty happy with a life without expensive luxuries.  I think he’s not seeing the downside of this show since he looks like a saint compared to most of the other people on this show but ambers lunacy being broadcast to the world is going to matter to his daughter.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

And I find it hard to imagine Gary having a lot of expenses.  He seems like he’d be pretty happy with a life without expensive luxuries.  I think he’s not seeing the downside of this show since he looks like a saint compared to most of the other people on this show but ambers lunacy being broadcast to the world is going to matter to his daughter.  

I think these people who get relatively good press (like Chelsea and Cole) really get used to the praise and attention and they don't want to let that go as much as the money. These people all have a healthy dose of narcissism, I think.

• Love 6