Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

I loved him too as Cliff. Cliff and Nina were a great love story as were Greg and Jenny. Y and R could learn from them how to write good teen storylines.

I also loved Cliff and Nina and Greg and Jenny, particularly the latter!

21 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

You know, I don’t get Summer’s big worry about Phyllis going to prison. At least she’s alive and not Crispy, and apparently you can visit murderers behind bars daily whether they want you to or not. It’s honestly the best of both worlds, if Dumbass would just open her eyes. Her mother’s alive, Summer can visit her when Summer wants to, and best of all? Phyllis is contained and can’t physically crawl up her kids’ asses any time she needs attention. Live the dream, Summer!

That is so true about Summer. If show was smart it would delve into how messed up she is over being raised by a smothering narcissist and an ape. Contrasting her with her brother would be perfect. But given how much the writers (or the single writer?) loves Phyllis and won't hold her accountable for anything, that story isn't likely.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

For someone who has always been super slender, Lily had a bit of a pooch today in that pretty blue dress. As did Abby in her pink dress. Are we having babies?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I loved him too as Cliff. Cliff and Nina were a great love story as were Greg and Jenny. Y and R could learn from them how to write good teen storylines.

Maaaaan listen, when I was a teenager Y&R had fantastic teen SLs (this was late 90s-early 2000s). Walnut Grove and Mackenzie and Billy, the Glow by Jabot house (they had the teens in a web-based reality show)…. But Y&R always had compelling teen SLs, Nick and Sharon and Grace and that guy who date raped Sharon, Victoria and Nina and Ryan, and even before that Tracy and Paul and Lauren (and Cricket but we don’t need to talk about that).

Teen SLs used to be the funnel for the cornerstone adult roles, so by the time they were in these adult SLs the audience was really invested in them and knew them well. Now it’s just a bunch of new people with no connection to anything and we’re supposed to care that their BF cheated on them but I really don’t know Elena like that and if she never had another scene I wouldn’t care. Whereas even though JT hasn’t been around for years, I’m invested in him because I’ve “known” him since he was the high school bad boy.

Prime example, today’s throwaway line about why the teens weren’t at the monthly Neil Winters Never Forget event, they aren’t investing in the next generation of the show at all, they’re just banking on tossing them back into the landscape in 5-10 years saying “oh this is so-and-so’s kid” and calling that a viewer relationship and that doesn’t work. You have to write for them now. Morons.

I really wonder how people who came to the show after the Bill Bell years even got into it, it was infinitely better then, I’m only still watching it because I’ve grown up with all these characters.

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

That was very odd today when Sharon said "I was sorry to hear about Moses" .  I thought he had died, but no, he had to study for finals and couldn't come to the party. Why did they even have her mention him?

And yes, I liked Neil very much but why all of the focus on him lately? Maybe just a vehicle for a visit from Shemar Moore?

• Like 6
  • Useful 6

Lily: What a magnificent shrine. The best way to honor my late father is to remember one of our many banal conversations.

Daniel: La la la denial.

Lily: You shouldn’t be here!

@@@@@@@@

Abby: This memorial is going to be lit, y’all.

Devon: All your memorials are lit. Lily told me she saw Phyllis at her own service. Like wow. Everyone else was pretending not to see her, so she played along.

Abby: Diane said the same thing.

Devon: Tucker stopped by earlier. He wants to do a worldwide jazz festival and briefcase expo with Neil’s name attached.

Abby: Where the fuck does he get off?

Devon: He’s trying to make amends, and I appreciate that. He just needs to remember tonight isn’t about him. It’s about Neil and the stick up the ass I inherited.

@@@@@@@

Adam: Hey, Crazy Chipmunk. Let’s tell Connor about the baby.

Chelsea: I shall bestow my judgement after deep thought.

Adam: I can spare five seconds. Go for it.

@@@@@@@

Sally: Oh fuck. I forgot the pregnancy padding. Let’s quickly cut to a flashback. Ew Victor. Misogynist pigfucker.

Nick: Me Nick. Me put booger on neighbor’s door knob. Nick sorry.

Sally: Oh. I wasn’t expecting you to come by tonight. HINT HINT.

Nick: Well, I found out about Dad’s summons, so I thought that was a pretty keen excuse to drop in and treat you like a delicate flower. Plus I need to low key brag about my fly being zipped all day.

@@@@@@

Ashley: Are you sure you want to go full Tucker tonight?

Tucker: I can’t turn it off, babe.

@@@@@@

Devon: You know, I’m not the only one starting to fall for Tucker’s charm. Your mom is starting to trust him too.

Abby: Please.

Devon: I am struggling to pretend I get no pleasure in telling you this, but Ashley asked Tucker to move in to the Abbott house.

Abby: Excuse me. I have to rage text.

@@@@@@

Ashley: I’m very proud of you for making this effort with Devon.

Tucker: Thank you. And thanks for talking to me like I’m seven.

Ashley: You’re welcome.

Tucker: Any word from Abby? Hehehe

Ashley: Well, she just texted me a GIF of a burning turtleneck.

Tucker: She knows.

@@@@@@@

Daniel: What’s the big deal?

Lily: This is where your mom collapsed, duh. I mean, we’re still pretending she’s dead, correct?

Daniel: What? I mean, yes. Hey, I can’t avoid this place forever. Besides, I need a refreshing, inspired place to hang since Noah’s joint disappeared into the ether. This is the coolest place in town now. Jesus.

Lily: Yeah, you’re trying way too hard.

Devon: This shrine is perfect. We’ll bring out the Silver Briefcase of Righteous Justice after the speeches. Yep, there’s gonna be a lot of love in this room tonight. Hey, Daniel, we still rolling with the whole Phyllis is dead thing?

Daniel: I’d appreciate it.

@@@@@@@

Chelsea: Having prayed to myself, the way is clear. We can tell Connor after soccer practice.

Adam: Okay, but first I’ll need to forget what normal boy behavior is like.

Chelsea: Amen.

@@@@@@@

Abby: Mmmmoooommmm. Why?

Ashley: Because I can?

Abby: To be perfectly honest, moving in with Tucker is desperate and pathetic.

Ashley: I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it.

Abby: Ohhhh, I get it. You’re trolling Uncle Jack.

Ashley: When I look at Tucker, I see a good man, a brilliant lay, and, oh yes, someone who is single and ready to mingle. He’s unattached, flying solo. Pathetic is being a side piece.

Abby: I feel… burnt.

Ashley: May I see my grandson?

Abby: No you may not.

@@@@@@@@@

Sally: How did you know I went to see Victor?

Nick: I chipped every pair of earrings you own. Um, I mean Adam told me.

Sally: Huh. Well, I handled Victor just fine thanks to Adam’s advice. I wore pure silver, ate six cloves of garlic and kept a hemlock shiv strapped. He must have already fed, because he didn’t even look at my neck once. He was quite civil actually.

Nick: Tell Nick what Big Daddy say.

Sally: I’m fine telling you, but will you be fine hearing it? I haven’t forgotten that your feelings are the number one priority.

Nick: Is this a riddle, like if a tree falls in a forest and a squirrel was humping a nut in it, would the squirrel survive? I’m so bad at those.

@@@@@@@@

Mariah: So like it’s totally weird seeing me right?

Daniel: It used to be. Turns out there’s some pretty weird shit going on right under our noses that puts this to shame.

Lily: Let Neil’s memory soothe you.

Mariah: It must be difficult, being here at the site of your mother’s untimely death.

Daniel: Not as difficult as you’d think. Who wants a drink?

@@@@@@@

Devon: Hey, how’d it go with your mom?

Abby: She was kind of offended that I called her a horny harpy.

Devon: You guys still cool?

Abby: I guess so. I don’t understand why she doesn’t appreciate my relationship advice and wisdom. That’s where I really shine.

Devon: Hey, didn’t you run over my biological father and let your mom take the blame?

Abby: Sigh. Tonight is about Neil, Devon. God.

@@@@@@@@

Sharon: You know, people forget that Dru was helped off a cliff by Phyllis.

Nikki: Oh dear. I’m sure it was an accident. St. Phyllis would never take someone’s mother away.

Sharon: Oh sure. Wink wink. It was accidentally on purpose. Anyhoo, Dru and Neil raised some great kids.

Ashley and Tucker enter the lounge. Tucker smoothly pushes up an imaginary pair of glasses with his middle digit in Victor’s general direction.

Nikki: Before you go interrogate Ashley about her thing with Tucker, remember that this night is about Neil.

Victor: I didn’t give her permission to date Tucker McCall, k? Newman brood mares must consult with me, yougotthat? Tonight though, I don’t give a damn. Orphanage.

@@@@@@@@

Sally: Basically… Victor tried to barter with me. I could have a business, ten miles of snakeskin and a horsey if I gave him what he wanted.

Nick: What’s the catch? There’s always a catch. Please tell me he didn’t ask you to tickle his balls with a cat toy.

Sally: That’s really specific. But no, he didn’t. He just wanted me to give him my baby to raise.

Nick: I’m going to hulk out. Give me space. I’m pretty sure the transformation is almost complete. My poop has been hella green since yesterday.

Sally: Victor wants me outside the Newman fold and away from his sons.

Nick: I don’t understand how he’s succeeded in life with zero understanding of people. I mean, I can read people’s feelings. I just ignore them.

Sally: Yeah, I feel so -

Nick: Not now, Sally. Adam and I are going to tag team on this. Dad is not going to treat you like a second class citizen on our watch. I’m going to go wipe that booger off that door. It was kind of shaped like Bugs Bunny and I want to keep it.

Sally: You’re not going anywhere.

@@@@@@

Lily: Thank you all for coming out to help celebrate Genoa City’s newest municipal holiday, Neil Winters Day.

Devon: First, I’d like to give props to Abby Newman for making this lounge look amazing… ly like the reception area of a funeral home. All while dressed like a bottle of Neil’s favorite digestive medicine, Pepto. Give it up for Abby.

Lily: Let it be known that the first child born in January each year within the limits of Genoa City will be named Neil. Our family thanks the Genoa City council for this great honor.

Devon: We have a pianist who will be playing Neil’s favorite songs. Beverage aficionados will want to visit the bar to sample our cocktails and mocktails. The Silver Briefcase of Righteous Justice will be passed around later, Sunday church style, with the money collected going toward the new Neil Winters Boathouse Clinic and Jet Ski Rental.

Lily: We’d love it if people shared remembrances, funny stories or sermons that Neil gave them. My dad had an enormous pole lodged in his rectum that infused him with pious platitudes we still cherish to this day.

Devon: Honestly, after a while, you don’t even know it’s there.

@@@@@@@

Connor: Oh. Dad. I kinda needed to talk to Mom. The kids at school say she’s eating buttbiscuits for breakfast and I don’t know what that means.

Chelsea: I’ll explain later. We’re having a family meeting.

Connor: Is this about my history project? If Grandpa says George Washington died in a werewolf swarm attack, I believe him. He was there, guys!

Adam: No, nothing like that. Our family is going to have a new member soon. Sally is going to have a baby.

Connor: Cool. A new cousin. Good for Uncle Dodo.

Adam: Yes, Nick is dating Sally, but I’m the father. That means you’ll soon have a baby sister.

Connor: You guys aren’t together anymore but are having a baby? That’s super messy, Dad.

Chelsea: No more messy than dropping a biological brother conceived, um, forcefully on you, amirite?

Adam: Families come in all shapes and sizes. The Newmans, for example, are shaped like an inverted pentagram.

Connor: Are you cool with this, Mom?

Chelsea: Yes. Hey, she’s your sister. I like her already.

Connor: Cool. Can I go play Fortnite?

Adam: Do you have any questions?

Connor: No. i know what Uncle Dodo is up to. You should give him a titty twister, Dad.

Adam: See, this is why no one can ever take your place in my heart. Go play that game, kiddo.

Connor leaves.

Adam: He’s devastated. Crushed. What have I done?

Chelsea: Bask in my earth mother glow and be comforted, my child.

@@@@@@@

Nick: Nick go where Nick want! Nick leave. You sleep.

Sally: Don’t go sucker punch an elderly man.

Nick: I was just going to replace his toothpaste with Prep H. Try gnawing on the bones of the innocent with chiclets, old man!

Sally: I get it. I’m so offended that he can’t see that I’ve changed. Like being a carny is worse than leaving a mustachioed baby where people can find it. If I’m so gross, why are both of his sons crazy about me?

Nick: I’m just here for the lulz at Adam’s expense.

Sally: How could he think I’d value anything above my daughter?

Nick: Dad once tried to sell Abby for stock options. Well, bye.

Sally: I could always use my feminine wiles on you.

Nick: Wiles? You know fancy words give me a nosebleed.

Sally: Spoon me.

NinjaPenguins pauses to work through the dry heaves.

@@@@@@@

Devon: We will now open the floor to Neil worship.

Harmony: Yay, I’m not too late!

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Are you kidding me Abby?  A international jazz festival with Neil’s name on it, is not a major overstep. Like your mom Abby, you bias is showing.  What could be wrong about honoring Neil, with a jazz festival, while the are honoring Neil?  To me, that would be a very opportune time. 

Although Victor is an absolute bastard to Sally, at least he recognizes Sally’s baby as his granddaughter unlike some other grandparents 😜

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Reading your post, I was on the verge of expiring already, but this

NinjaPenguins said

Nick: What’s the catch? There’s always a catch. Please tell me he didn’t ask you to tickle his balls with a cat toy.

killed me ****DEAD****.  

Damn, what a way to end the week.  Brilliant!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

Poor Connor. Can you imagine what his "birds and bees talk" will be like? :

Adam: son, its about time I told you how babies are created. 

Connor (age 12) : Do you have to? 

Adam:  I know you think you know it all but its much more complex than you can imagine. Sex can be a very beautiful experience. Take your cousin brother Johnny for example. Did you know your mother drugged and raped your uncle Billy in order to conceive him? And Billy admitted years later that it was fun.

Connor: 😨

Adam:  I might as well break it to you now. You know your cousin Christian? He's your brother too. Sex is a very beautiful experience you see. He was conceived from a one night stand. Somehow in this fucked up world, Sharon thought he was her baby. Yes, that's right, she went through a pregnancy and delivery and was never even pregnant. This is the same woman who had twins and don't know it. Anyway, the real mother who was my one night stand was married to Uncle Nick. She died and that's how Nick got to raise my son your brother.  

Are you following me?

Connor:  😵

Adam: now about your little sister. I was in love with Sally but we broke up. Nick rubbed her hand and they had sex. Sex is a beautiful thing especially at work. Sally wanted to make sure she didn't still love me so we had sex and decided it was over. Only it wasn't over. That is how your little sister was conceived. then she went back to Nick and that is how he is now raising 2 of your siblings.  To sum it up, you have 3 siblings all being raised by non biological parents. 

There are many other fucked up situations I can tell you about such as how your cousin Dom was conceived, or your Aunt Abby. Her mother stole sperm to conceive her. In fact, my conception took place only because my mother was blind and couldn't see that she was having sex with the crypt keeper. Any questions?  

Connor: yes, can I see a psychiatrist? 😱

Edited by MsMalin
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 22
2 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

In fact, my conception took place only because my mother was blind and couldn't see that she was having sex with the crypt keeper

If loving this is wrong, I don’t want to be right.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I just want to add my thanks for all that Abby did to make Neil's latest memorial the rousing success and special event it is.  Telling the bartenders to make the drinks that the guests request and having one of the peons arrange 5 or 6 pictures on a table, along with a few candles must have been exhausting work.

Can we please get another round of applause?

Speaking of those pictures, who puts up a memorial to Neil and excludes any pictures of Dru??  I'm surprised the ground didn't open up and swallow Sharon for daring to mention her name.

I like Abby but it's becoming increasingly inexplicable to me as to why I do.

Adam, Connor is going to need more than "families come in all shapes and sizes" platitudes if you want him to get an understanding of his Newman connections.  Perhaps give him a copy of the Necronomicon, preferably the illustrated version.   

• Like 1
  • LOL 17

Now that I know today was the umpteenth Neil memorial, I have an extra hour to do something else. Thanks for the heads up. ENOUGH show! I’m not trying to be distrspectful to Kristoff St John, but we didn’t know him. His colleagues can have private memorials off screen. I tune into this show in (ever decreasing) hope of being entertained.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

The opening credits listed three other writers in addition to JG. Was some of this stuff written before JG fired everyone or are those writers not WGA members?

Batten down the hatches! Once Connor finds out about his impending baby sister all bets are off as to how safe Sally will be. 🫨

Interesting how Sally beat around the bush at first instead of telling Nick right away that Victor had put a life-altering bribe on the table. Seems to me that would've been the first thing out of her mouth.

Lily and Devon keep saying how proud Neil would be of them. So I guess part of this Neil deification stuff is to prop them, and presumably make them look better in Neil's reflected glory. Meh.

Alrighty then, Sally did throw TGVN under the bus regarding the payoff he offered her. Odd Victor didn't make the deal contingent upon her not telling anyone, particularly Nick or Adam.

Nick, have you met your father? Even if Sally refuses his bribe, he could have her disappeared and make it look like she did take the money and run. Then one day a brand new baby would show up out of the blue for someone in the Newman family to raise. 🙄

Lol, the look on Connor's face when he learned Adam was the daddy of Sally's baby. Right there with ya, Connor. Many of us are puzzled as to why Sally is with your uncle instead of your dad.

Wait, what!?!!??! They said Dru's name! More than once! I'm verklempt!

Re the previews: the man just gets finer with age. <swoon>

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

This is the same woman who had twins and don't know it.

How very Sharon of her.

11 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Lily had a bit of a pooch today in that pretty blue dress. As did Abby in her pink dress. Are we having babies?

Maybe their menstrual cycles have synced and they've got the puffies cause it's their time of the month?

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
On 5/2/2023 at 12:36 AM, boes said:

Ooooo, so Mikey and Jack are going to finally investigate Stark!  How long will it be before it's revealed that he was a founding member of the .....Velvet Underground?  Mikey and Jack can use "Beginning to see the Light" as their Sherlock Holmesian investigation of the Velour King.  They'll curdle all the cheese in Wisconsin before this thing is over.

I don't understand what sort of threat Elena and Audra think J.T. Hellstrom is anymore.  Even the hole in Chancellor Park that he dug has been filled in, so unless they get him to dig another one for Nate Natey Oops!-where-are-my-pants Nate, what would be the point?  Maybe they think he still has the power to dazzle Victoria with his creamy blonde deliciousness?  That ship has not only sailed, it sank without any survivors years ago.

Ashley has become such a harping virago I suspect we'll find out eventually that there's been a brain tumor virus affecting much of Genoa City, because I don't see how the hell they get everyone out of these nutjob storylines without that as an excuse.

How about Show just have Tucker wandering throughout the homes of Genoa City in his jammies and tousled hair, offering coffee to one and all?  He could be the Anti-Sharon.

Maybe JT will be Elena's new love interest. Are her, the actress, and Brighton still a real life couple?

• Like 4

Elena should take a spin on Nick. At least he won’t be attracted to Victoria, and we know he doesn’t know enough about business to jibber jabber about it.

Yes, I know it’s a terrible idea. I like Elena and sticking her with Thick Nick is cruel. Also, there’s no way to guarantee that he won’t get horned up over his sister; ladyparts and a pulse seem to be his only standards. Maybe Noah. During the baby shower, she convincingly acted like he was interesting. That’s no mean feat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Monday is the anniversary of Jeanne Cooper's passing in 2013. The show named a six foot astroturf throw rug after her. All the characters visited her grave IIRC. I don't recall much hoopla other than that. (It's not like with Cassie's death that was celebrated yearly on the show until Mariah was created.) KSJ passed in Feb 2019. It's the ten year anniversary of JC's passing, right now. It's four years and three months for KSJ. If the show is about honoring actors that have passed while they were still acting on the show, I'm having trouble connecting the dots for what they're doing. I loved both of the actors, I'm just not seeing the logic of what's going on. I think I agree with the poster who pointed out that it's all just a ploy to get Shemar Moore to make a cameo. Do they really think that that will improve the ratings or get more viewers?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, VanillaBeanne said:

I would like a Nick and Elena pairing. Esp if it happens soon.  Sally can come to her senses and pick Adam.  Then Elena and Nick can bond over having their mates stolen by Newman spawn.  

Lmaooo Elena would have far more room to complain than Nick. Banana Breath knew what he was getting himself into & didn't give a shit. He's only banging Sally because Adam still loves her. I guess this means that the best chance at an Elena/Nick paring is to have Adam fall in love with her first. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I think they honor Neil so much because some of them feel guilty for not helping Kristoff who they did love. Also they didn’t give Neil’s character much screen time in the last months of his life.

They should absolutely mention Mrs Chancellor soon since it’s been 10 years since she passed. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 2

No surprise Neil is being featured. Not a lot of writing needed and they don’t have to pay for a living character to get more screen time. And it fills up an hour (with commercials).

When you think about it, much of the day-to-day plotting and dialogue feels like filler. Budgets are tight and there is a writer’s strike. But yes, the show was struggling before that.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/6/2023 at 5:34 PM, VanillaBeanne said:

I would like a Nick and Elena pairing.

Noooo!! Please don’t do my girl dirty like that! Elena’s brain would atrophy after a few days of trying to speak to Nick at his level. 

it might be entertaining just to watch that frat boy try to roll up on her so she could give him the epic eye roll that he would deserve.

Edited by lgprimes
Wrong word
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think they honor Neil so much because some of them feel guilty for not helping Kristoff who they did love. Also they didn’t give Neil’s character much screen time in the last months of his life.

They should absolutely mention Mrs Chancellor soon since it’s been 10 years since she passed. 

I wouldn't be surprised to find out your right about the Kristoff speculation. It doesn't feel like it's been 10 yrs since Jeanne died. Now that I've realized it was that long I feel older then I've already been feeling due to my most recent birthday.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 6
On 5/5/2023 at 12:31 PM, Gam2 said:

For someone who has always been super slender, Lily had a bit of a pooch today in that pretty blue dress. As did Abby in her pink dress. Are we having babies?

Lily had a complete hysterectomy years ago as part of her cancer treatment. Two of her eggs were able to be harvested so Mackenzie ended up being a surrogate and birthing the overaged twins I think we enjoy the show has forgotten for so long.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Lily had a complete hysterectomy years ago as part of her cancer treatment. Two of her eggs were able to be harvested so Mackenzie ended up being a surrogate and birthing the overaged twins I think we enjoy the show has forgotten for so long.

I should have been more clear. I was remarking about the actress who plays Lily on Y&R. Also the actress who plays Abby not the characters.

• Like 6

Noooo!! Please don’t do my girl dirty like that! Elena’s brain would atrophy after a few days of trying to speak to Nick at his level. 

Right? I kept wondering if we're supposed to be hating Elena now that she's dumped Nate because IMO putting her with Nick the Neanderthal would be a punishment.

Elena might want to be away from all Newmans right now, though it would be interesting if she decided to jump ship and go work for Adam as a medical podcaster.

Maybe JT will be Elena's new love interest.

Isn't JT with Mac?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Pretty sure they got divorced

Yeah I don't think they're married anymore but didn't they reconcile later because of their kid? No matter I guess because JG would just ignore that if he wanted to.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
33 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah I don't think they're married anymore but didn't they reconcile later because of their kid? No matter I guess because JG would just ignore that if he wanted to.

Hmm, maybe. It's very possible I haven't kept up with that. But yeah, I'm sure they can handwave that away with a sentence.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I do appreciate Shemar Moore returning to the show despite having a thriving career. He seems to be really grateful for the opportunity the show gave him and to KSJ specifically. I was a little strange that he didn’t mention Phyllis’ death though, they were extremely close.

Here’s hoping Kyle overhears Dummer and Daniel talking so we can all be put out of our misery.

Dummer hysterically blaming Diane for her family being torn apart was

5F5DC01C-FF96-485C-8FDD-75727F8871FF.gif

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, pvandal said:

Okay, did they change history so Tucker and Harmony were 15 when they had Devon and I missed it? They all look the same age.

In the same vein, Show expects us to believe that Shemar's Malcolm character is also a grandfather???  It's bad enough that we're supposed to believe Lily is the mother of grown children but trying to still make us believe Malcolm is Lily's bio dad is just nuts.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I loved seeing Malcolm again. I did hear Neil in what he said. I got misty. That being said, it really pissed me the fuck off that they did this big Neil schmoop on the actual ten year anniversary of Jeanne Cooper's passing. Evil fucktard bastards.

Was that the world's most boring memorial or what? Let's just all sit by ourselves and drink and look miserable. Malcolm strolls in and for a moment I thought they were excited to see him, and maybe they were, for just a moment.

Why weren't the twins there to honor their grandfather? (The boy twin was mentioned, much to my surprise.) Where were Sofia and Moses, Neil's bio-son? Why wasn't Olivia there? Why wasn't Mop there? Heck, why wasn't Cane there? I mean, if they can bring back the crack ho, why not characters who had deeper relationships with Neil?

Devon, played by one-name Bryton, taking Neil's last name was rich. Especially on the ten year anniversary of his actual bio-grandmother's death. And it was his bio-grandmother who left him her fortune. He wouldn't be where he is without her. What a slap in the face to Katherine Chancellor as well as Jeanne Cooper.

f7d94c40d36cc8a1808cb112989e6f56--the-hospital-jeanne.jpg.d2204ec66a36f5e45a1bc3b846e3427f.jpg

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, pvandal said:

Okay, did they change history so Tucker and Harmony were 15 when they had Devon and I missed it? They all look the same age.

Actually, the actress playing Devon's  mom looked younger than him, IMO. This show was conceived maybe 6 weeks ago, before the writer's strike, unless you factor JG firing all the shows writers as a strike. I found the show today so embarrassing I was ashamed of myself for the time I wasted watching it. Also, did Summer run to meet Danny in the park in her pajama top? The only actor that brought it for me today was Danny, reading Summer for the filth she is.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kyle: Mommy! Mommy!

Diane: There’s my big bouffant boy! Here, I got you a plastic shiv at the prison gift shop.

Kyle: Yay!

Jack: BEAM.

Devon: Mom?

Harmony: There’s my handsome bald headed boy!

Devon: You look great, but… like, how did this even happen?

Harmony: Tucker McCall.

Tucker: BEAM.

Devon: STANKFACE.

Diane: It’s wonderful to be home, but I doubt Summer will be so welcoming.

Kyle: Yeah, I’m sorry I married such an asshole. I keep trying to convince her you didn’t murder her mother, mostly to be a dick.

Jack: The real evil here is not someone suspected of murdering Phyllis. Wait until you hear about our new roomie.

Kyle: Tucker the Fucker.

Diane: Tucker McCall? Ew. And watch your mouth, Pompadour.

Jack: He offered me coffee! It smelled heavenly, but I won’t be seduced by the dark and silky elixir of the gods.

Diane: That deviant probably grinds his own beans.

Kyle: I did that for, like, three hours yesterday. Heheheh

Diane: Ashley invited him, right?

Jack: She thought she had the right to move someone into her house just because I did. Ash is trying to prove a point. Ugh. I think she has feelings for that scamp.

Kyle: Shhhh. Summer just came in. I guess I got ripped off by that dude I bought the asshole sniffing dog from. All that mutt does is nuzzle my butt.

Devon: That was a wonderful gesture, Tucker. Thank you.

Tucker: You’re welcome. I’m sorry that I’m practically vibrating with poorly concealed flex energy.

Harmony: Now would be a good time to recap our lives since last we met.

Devon: Please be vague, if you could.

Harmony: I can’t wait to get my hands on that grandson of mine. He was such a cute bag of flour in those pictures you sent me.

Devon: He’s an adorable pastry now.

Harmony: You and Lily are talking again, working together…

Devon: Months of fighting only to land back at the status quo. Yipee.

Harmony: Ana wanted to be here, but she’s on a tour with Jett. They’re playing derelict malls across America.

Devon: Gosh, I really wanted to see her too. Said no one ever.

Nate: Keep it together, man. No one needs to know your ego was punctured like a Nick Newman inflatable sex doll. Ladies, what a lovely welcoming committee.

Nikki: Is Victoria coming? Where’s Elena?

Nate: Uh, I gotta go check my part. I don’t know anything about Victoria coming. Elena, um, had a rough day. Byeeee.

Summer: Diane? How did you get here? Did you escape from prison?

Diane: No, dumbass. Michael arranged bail. I’m sorry. You’re just really annoying.

Jack: I know this is a bit of a shock, Summer, but Diane is innocent. We’re going to do everything we can to find the real killer. Maybe it was that hag in the poorly made wig who crashed the memorial.

Diane: That was Phyllis. Hello?

Summer: Must deflect this strange feeling. Is this… guilt? Mom says we Summers are allergic to it, even more so than peanuts. Hey! If Mom hadn’t married Dad, I’d be Summer Summers! Whoa.

Kyle: We can all find a way to coexist. Look at my pecs co-existing in this shirt.

Summer: You’re responsible for setting Mom’s death in motion, Diane. The chain of events started with you luring Jack to LA. Ha! I can still blame you and sleep at night.

Diane: Let me explain something to you, Summer. I’ve already prepared some visual aides to make it easier for you.

Victor: Neil was my friend, k? He was one of the few people I trusted. He never took the pointy stick out of his ass and staked me with it. He was a brilliant businessman, k? The best tribute to Neil is that his two children are not perverts, criminals or serial sexual harassers. Family is everything. Here’s my fist.

Devon: Thanks for what you said, Victor. It meant a lot.

Victor: It came from the Abbott heart I’m holding prisoner.

Abby: It was beautiful, Dad.

Victor: Are you a friend of Devon’s? Youhaveanicedaynow.

Nate: Hard to believe it’s been four years.

Devon: Yup. Thanks for coming, I guess. You’re the only one who entered the lounge with your tail between your legs.

Nate: Thanks for the invite. This lounge is the perfect tribute to Neil. Abby did a great job.

Devon: She bought a few throw pillows.

Nate: Neil did love throw pillows. Give him jazz, a hot dog and some pillows and that man was content.

Devon: Where’s Elena?

Nate: I just remembered that I need to talk to Lily.

Devon: Scumbag.

Mariah: I need gossip. I know who Harmony is. I don’t know why Ashley is staring daggers at her.

Sharon: When Ashley and Tucker were married, Tucker and Harmony had a moment. Nakedly.

Mariah: Juicy.

Sharon: I also partook of the sexytimes with Tucker. McCall Unlimited isn’t just the name of his company; it describes his technique as well.

Mariah: TMI.

Abby: I must admit that Tucker did a good thing for Devon. He was touched.

Ashley: I told you so.

Abby: He’s talking to Harmony. Should I get my keys?

Ashley: Relax. I’m going to say hello and pee on my man.

Abby: TMI.

Lily: You look depressed. It’s okay if you want to leave the place where your mom quote/unquote died.

Daniel: My conscience is really bothering me. It’s like after you deuce and you wipe and wipe and wipe until there’s no brown left on the TP. A half hour later, your ass itches like crazy and you can just feel the skid marks forming.

Lily: I’m starting to understand your’s and Heather’s break up better.

Daniel: Some logs leave a little pitch behind squeezing through the mill. I know it was wrong to hoard Charmin during Covid, but if you buy a bidet in Georgia, you get put on a watch list.

Lily: Everyone grieves differently, I guess.

Daniel: I’m here to support you tonight, not wallow in the grim knowledge that I’ll never escape my mother’s talons. Speaking of grim reminders of dark creatures, you’re going to New York to visit your son with the moo moo thief.

Lily: I was able to divorce him. You’ll always have an asshole for a sibling.

Harmony: It’s amazing that Devon’s not more fucked up, growing up here in Genoa City. There’s some really messed up people walking around. 

Tucker: Right? Well, the smile on Devon’s face is all the reward I need for calling you.

Harmony: You’re really putting in the effort to connect with him.

Tucker: It’s probably best we didn’t raise him. Doing the right thing is kind of a new kick I’m on. He would never have developed a steely rod of righteousness up his ass under my care.

Ashley: Harmony. What a wonderful surprise for Devon.

Tucker: I can hardly contain my glee. Am I smirking? This tension is almost as delicious as my coffee.

Harmony: Nice to see you again, Ashley. It is strange being back here after all this time. A lot has changed, but a lot has stayed the same too.

Ashley: The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Harmony: Ease up, jizzjacker. I’m talking about the connection between you and Tucker.

Tucker: I’m just out here living my best life.

Diane: See this ankle bracelet? It means I can’t leave the Abbott property. I will, however, stay out of your face. Another thing? I’d never take your mother away from you. Seriously, if you can find someone selling cheap wigs out of a trunk in an alley, you can probably can find Phyllis.

Summer: POUT. You’re going to be here 24/7? That’s almost every day!

Diane: You won’t even know I’m here.

Summer: This is where I live! I’ll have to see you all the time! Why me? Why now?

Jack: Um, it’s a really big house. I could go years without seeing you. That’s the dream anyway.

Summer: And now some do-gooder is texting me! I’m happy for you guys, but I’ll never celebrate. Never! Caw caw!

Kyle: My soul just died.

Diane: She didn’t flap her wings, at least.

Kyle: It’s strange. This is the second time Summer has received a text and flown the coop. I think the two might be linked.

Jack: Ya think? Sometimes the best thing you can do is just let Summer get the assholery out of her system.

Kyle: No. I can do detective work as well as Chance can. My trusty new dog and I will solve this mystery. Come on, Recto!

Diane: We have a dog now?

Jack: Tucker’s already moved in. What’s one more?

Nikki: We simply must get home. I can only rub elbows with the common folk so long before I’m overcome with the vapors. Neil was a good friend to Victor and me, and we shared his love for the old money funeral home waiting area aesthetics Abby recreated here tonight. Brava, young chippy.

Victor: Devon, it is a great honor to have you in our family, k? You make my daughter very happy. I didn’t know you and Victoria were dating.

Abby: Oh, dad. Nikki, you were a tough act to follow. The bicentennial party totally killed. Tee hee.

Nikki: Tsk, tsk. If no one is murdered at your soirées, can they be called elite? Speaking of Phyllis’ fatal faint, I see Lily is deep in conversation with poor Daniel. Please give her my most aloof regards. Ta ta.

Nikki swans out the door of the lounge, past the inexplicable and expressionless women in dark blue dresses. Victor transforms into a bat and his leathery wings carry him through a slight gap in a window into the night.

Malcom: I thought those snotty bitches would never leave.

Lily: Uncle Malcolm! Now we can really worship Dad!

Daniel: Who the fuck is out there? That better not be you, Mom.

Summer: It’s me, dude. I was trying to ninja my way in here. I think some perv with a dog is following me.

Daniel: Maybe it’s Mom in another shitty disguise.

Summer: Stop making me meet you here. We’ll get caught. A brother and sister talking in a park is wicked sus.

Daniel: I checked the fuck cupboard and wouldn’t you know it? Bare! No fucks.

Summer: Have you tried the fuck store?

Daniel: You don’t get to talk anymore. You get to listen. My conscience is killing me. I was supposed to be supporting Lily at Neil’s celebration tonight, but since it’s where Mom fake died, everyone was smothering me in sympathy I don’t need or deserve. I can’t sleep at night knowing someone is going to be tried and convicted for a murder that never happened. 

Summer: Can I talk now?

Daniel: No! We’re going to march our asses into town and tell everyone everything. Then we’re going to hire a falconer to locate our mother and bring her ass home.

Summer: POUT!

Malcolm: There he is. The man, the myth, the legend.

Nate: Aw shucks.

Malcolm: I’m talking about Neil, you putz. Shine on, big bro, shine on.

Nate: Speaking of me, Neil was instrumental in my becoming a doctor. I wonder what he’d say if he could see me now.

Malcolm: Inside, he’d be cussing you out with obscenities that would blow your part across your stupid head. Neil would tamp that down and offer you some warmed over pablum about following your heart.

Lily: You weren’t able to come to Phyllis’ memorial, huh?

Malcolm: Phyllis? She’s got a nest at the airport, near the control tower. I waved at her. Besides, you know why I showed up tonight? Because if the situation was reversed, Neil would damn sure show up for me. Phyllis wouldn’t show up with a cup of cold water for a man dying of thirst in the desert even if she could piss a pristine freshwater lake.

Harmony: Such beautiful imagery. You know, it occurs to me that every good thing Devon and I have now is because of Neil. He lifted people up. Oh, I realize everyone is flocking to this new religion around Chelsea Lawson, but Neil Winters is where it’s at.

Everyone: Amen.

Abby: Devon, are you alright?

Devon: I’ve just come to a life changing decision.

Abby: Please don’t propose.

Devon: I’m not asking you to change your name. I’ll change my name.

Abby: Devon Newman?

Devon: Devon Winters. Damn, woman. What do you guys think?

Harmony: Beautiful. There is no higher name.

Lily: Finally! One of us, one of us.

Malcolm: Welcome to the family. Neil would play it cool, but he’d be a mess inside. Just don’t bring shame to the name, alright?

• Like 2
  • Fire 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/6/2023 at 12:16 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, the look on Connor's face when he learned Adam was the daddy of Sally's baby. Right there with ya, Connor. Many of us are puzzled as to why Sally is with your uncle instead of your dad.

I dunno, if I were in that position I don't think I'd blab it to the entire city about the paternity.  Did Victor REALLY have to know? and the rest of them? The only ones who, IMO are affected, at this point are the three of them, telling Conner should, IMO, have been told when he was  a little older. But, I'm an old lady so what  I know?

And please, everyone don't take offense.  I am sick and tired about Neil.  I have enormous sympathy for the actor but honestly, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

Why did Devon act so surprised Tucker did a decent thing for him and Harmony? Ungrateful brat.

The Abbotts keep referring to their guest room. Singular. How does a mansion only have one room for guests? Apparently Ashley, Traci, Billy, Jack, and Kyle have bedrooms kept on reserve when they're not living there at the moment. But there were spare rooms for when Allie and Harrison showed up. Huh? 🤔

HAH HAH HAH HAH! That face Crystal made when Nate walked in! It was pure, "Oh no you didn't." She already must've heard the hot goss about him and Elena.

"...the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune." Victor being erudite and quoting Shakespeare's Hamlet? Oh please. He must've had Adam write his speech for him.

Victoria was nowhere in sight at Neil's re-memorial. Surely Devon would've invited her since she and Neil were old friends. Hmm.

Ashley can get all the way over herself. She was Neil's girlfriend when she cheated on him with Tucker. Tucker is messy, Ashley. It's who he's always been; it's what he's always done. Harmony = collateral damage.

Lily and Daniel mentioned her son Charlie. Wonder how old he's supposed to be now? He and Mattie are like professional students, lol.

What was going on with Malcolm's voice? There was a whole lot more bass in it. Hope SM okay.

And in honor of Neil, Devon Hamilton becomes Devon Winters. Well at least Dominic won't have to wonder why Hamilton isn't one of his 47 last names.

Bad carbon footprint, Malcolm. You could've teleconferenced in instead flying back and forth more hours than the length your appearance at event. Geez. 🤨

jizzjacker

OMG, I'm having a out-of-body experience.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Devon is changing his name, is he?  I was hoping he'd go with Mister Mxyzptlk.  Failing that, maybe Rumplestilskin?  I guess Winters is going to have to do.

What the hell, Show, is Dru chopped liver?  Devon saying that "almost everything I have today is due to Neil" sounded like he really dumped on Dru.  This show is more immature about her than Dummer is about Diane.

I hope Daniel sticks to his guns and makes Dummer tell the truth.  I also hope that Dummer ends up having to share a bathroom with Diane.

The actress playing NuHarmony is GOOD!

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, boes said:

hope Daniel sticks to his guns and makes Dummer tell the truth.  I also hope that Dummer ends up having to share a bathroom with Diane.

Thanks!  that just gave me a great start to my evening!😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

If Devon’s mother has been clean and sober for 20 years, why haven’t we seen her before?  Harmony seems to know everything that was going on in Devon’s life. 

You can see the gerbils running around in Summer’s❄️❄️❄️ mind but unfortunately she forgot to feed them 😉.  Summer’s❄️❄️❄️ gerbils sound more like Crispy than the mindless ranting of a ❄️❄️❄️

Can’t Nikki and Sharon just shut the fuck up?  They have to keep reminding Daniel of his “loss”. They are not making Daniel feel better, they are just making themselves feel better. 

How everybody intertwined puzzled me so I charted it out using a Venn diagram 🤔.  It’s still a puzzle but it’s a little bit clearer.  I find it very interesting that many children were raised by people that were not their biological child.  Don’t get me wrong, that’s necessarily a bad thing.  I think that Summer❄️❄️❄️ wouldn’t be so much of a ❄️❄️❄️ if she wasn’t raised by Crispy. 

Is Ashley really a Hatfield or a McCoy?  Ashley can hold a grudge as good as they can. 

I didn’t realize how big of a man Shemar Moore is until he was next to Devon. Shemar’s hands are as big as Devon’s head. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

The actress playing NuHarmony is GOOD!

She's the OG Harmony. Guess TPTB decided to do her solid and bring her back even though she's probably not the actress most remembered in the role.

What the hell, Show, is Dru chopped liver?  Devon saying that "almost everything I have today is due to Neil" sounded like he really dumped on Dru.  This show is more immature about her than Dummer is about Diane.

Yeah it was weird given that they did mention Dru by name at least a two times on Friday's episode. But they still can't show her photo it seems. 🙄

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

She's the OG Harmony. Guess TPTB decided to do her solid and bring her back even though she's probably not the actress most remembered in the role.

I didn't remember that, if I ever knew it!  Debbie Morgan is the only Harmony/Yolanda that I remember.  Chene Lawson is so good.  It makes even more sense as to why she was so at ease in the role.  Good casting choice.  

16 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

And.......who is Dru?

Dru was Neil's wife who Phyllis pushed over a cliff to her death.  Okay, not really, but it was close enough.  Sharon went over that cliff as well.  It was almost a red letter day for Phyllis.  Anyway, Dru is Lily's bio mom though Neil's brother Malcolm is Lily's bio dad.  She and Neil fostered Devon who they met as a homeless teenager.  Lots more story there but that's the outline.

50 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

If Devon’s mother has been clean and sober for 20 years, why haven’t we seen her before?  Harmony seems to know everything that was going on in Devon’s life. 

Harmony has been around several times, last time was 2011 when Debbie Morgan played the role.  The character came back as part of Tucker's storyline finding out Katherine was his mother, etc.  She left - I think - on good terms with both Devon and Neil.

• Like 14

Show pissed me off on so many fronts today that I will just stick to a lighter more fun topic: Sharon looked like total shit today. That fugly  brown dress with the high neck and puckered boobs looked just awful. Can the wardrobe dept somehow blame the writers strike for this ?  And her hair...looked greasy, in need of a dye job. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

NuHarmony

Thank you. I just thought that I wasn't remembering her correctly. This makes bringing her back all the more ridiculous. Why wasn't Jill there to support Lily? 

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I was remembering the other one. Thx.

So why haven't she and Devon been in touch with each other?

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 8

Question: What do Harry (he's not a prince anymore and I have no.idea what his last name is) and Malcolm Winters have in common?

Answer: They both flew halfway around the world for a 2 hour celebration and then got back on the plane and the hell out of there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17