Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I thought Abby’s/Devon’s passion looked like a wrestling match. I had to turn it off.

giphy.gif

Love is buuutyfull, ain't it?  

Let's see Chance or Amanda top that!

5 hours ago, Julyolo said:

The only things psychopaths ever really get out of therapy is time to regroup in a socially sanctioned setting, and how to mimic the behaviors the therapist suggests and models for them. 

A perfect description of Victor Newman's entire time on Y&R.  Minus the chess set and the string cheese thong, of course.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

Yep;

I'm seeing elsewhere that a lot of Mishael Morgan's fans are not happy about this turn of events with Amanda, Devon, and Abby at all. Amanda will probably get a great cussing them out scene but ugh, what a awful way to prop Abby and Devon.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
calm down spellcheck
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nate, shut all the way up. You are not a psychiatrist and you don't know whether Devon actually has issues from trying to live up to Neil's memory. It's become a convenient theory you use to try to divert blame for what you did.

I think the writers know how unlikeable they've made Nate, so suddenly Devon is having 'Neil issues' so much so that it's not totally Nate's fault he had to do what he did. 

Probably also why this rushed Devon/Abby hookup. Now not only is Devon a bully because of his 'Neil issues' but he's a cheater too. Bad, bad Devon which totally means that Nate isn't so bad, right? 

I think Devon is a self-righteous so-and-so, but Nate's whining about how mean Devon was to him, etc. etc. will never put me on Nate's side here. 

And while I like the soapiness of Abby/Devon (though the pairing is just meh to me), it feels very rushed for Abby to go from one sort of major fight with Chance to having sex with Devon. And not only did they have sex but Abby was glowing about "being seen", blergh.  Devon's reasons also don't match where he is in his relationship either. Yes Amanda's been out of town, but he's not shown much discontent about that and he's spent all of his time on business.

I don't like Devon much - but I hate Nate. 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

I think the writers know how unlikeable they've made Nate, so suddenly Devon is having 'Neil issues' so much so that it's not totally Nate's fault he had to do what he did. 

Probably also why this rushed Devon/Abby hookup. Now not only is Devon a bully because of his 'Neil issues' but he's a cheater too. Bad, bad Devon which totally means that Nate isn't so bad, right? 

I think Devon is a self-righteous so-and-so, but Nate's whining about how mean Devon was to him, etc. etc. will never put me on Nate's side here. 

And while I like the soapiness of Abby/Devon (though the pairing is just meh to me), it feels very rushed for Abby to go from one sort of major fight with Chance to having sex with Devon. And not only did they have sex but Abby was glowing about "being seen", blergh.  Devon's reasons also don't match where he is in his relationship either. Yes Amanda's been out of town, but he's not shown much discontent about that and he's spent all of his time on business.

I don't like Devon much - but I hate Nate. 

Great post!  

I don't even know what that argument about Devon holding on to Neil's memory even means in the context of what Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate did, anyway.  Neil and Devon had a longstanding relationship where Devon was able to observe his father working and Neil had a front row seat to Devon starting his music business, and then, they worked together, side by side.

Nate was surgeon with a head bigger than a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade balloon to begin with, and then, after "the punch" (which I was fine with Devon tossing his way), he became Chief of Staff.  In real life it's mostly not that much of a grind, staff do all the real work and usually doctors in Nate's position would also do some teaching/guidance.  In no way did that prepare him to work at whatever the hell Chancellor/Winters was supposed to be.  Besides, since when is a COO an ideas man?  Aren't they primarily there to oversee operations in general and to implement ideas OTHER people come up with?

Devon can be a real pain in the ass sometimes but IMO Nate is just unbearably condescending and full of himself.  Olivia needed to give him more time outs than he apparently ever received.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Well at least Amanda doesn't have to bother unpacking. 

I wonder if Chance will pay for the uber to send Abby and Son's stuff over to Devons. To be honest, I don't think he will be all that upset to be rid of the baggage. He deserves so much better. Maybe Sharon.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm seeing elsewhere that a lot of Mishael Morgan's fans are not happy about this turn of events with Amanda, Devon, and Abby at all. Amanda will probably get a great cussing them out scene but ugh, what a awful way to prop Abby and Devon.

I can't speak for everyone but all I know is that this Mishael Morgan fan is happy! Well maybe "happy" is the wrong word for it but I've been waiting for something to blow up Amanda & Devon's relationship since he cheated on her with Elena and definitely since Amanda fought so hard for Devon during the baby Dom custody SL. Which I totally predicted Amanda would come to regret someday. Amanda, like Chance can do better than the people they are with IMO. While I may be on Devon's side against Nate he's still a shit boyfriend. This is the second time he's cheated on her & the third time she's been cheated on in general. Like the writers low-key hate Amanda lmao 

Also I don't see an issue with her dress she looked good to me. I've seen her & just about every other woman on this show in much worse attire. Exhibit A-Z is Nikki & Phyllis. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Maybe its because sex scenes are so rare on this show lately.

And this episode gives us a damn good reason why that is.  Good Lord!  the editing to show every place they marked around the penthouse was like a Benny Hill clip.  No passion that I could see but I guess the Kevlar bra was a turn off.  Just when I got back to visuals I'm considering not watching again.  Why don't we have an Eewww! emoji?

Edited by MollyB
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Also I don't see an issue with her dress she looked good to me.

Guess I should clarify my comments about Amanda's all white outfit. The ensemble was fine and I thought Amanda looked fabulous in it. And I'm not one of those "no white after Labor Day" people.

But, IMO, certain colors--with some exceptions--work better during certain times of the year. I can see wearing a neon white dress and coat in the spring, summer, or as winter white. In the fall though? That doesn't make sense to me unless she was, say, getting married, going to a funeral/wake, or vacationing south of the (US) border.

Per Worn on TV, Amanda tends to wear white a lot, probably more than any other character. MiMo seems to know it flatters her skin tone.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Jumping in the say, altho I am 5 epis behind due to another extended hospital stay,  I appreciate from what I have seen, Diane always looks great.  She is age appropriate and doesn't show a lot of skin {ahem Pyllis, take a clue}

And will SOMEONE please tell MS the flapping her hands every time she speaks is  not attractive, nor are her neon bright teeth.  Yeah, I'm  big fan.😒

• Hugs 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Jumping in the say, altho I am 5 epis behind due to another extended hospital stay,  I appreciate from what I have seen, Diane always looks great.  She is age appropriate and doesn't show a lot of skin {ahem Pyllis, take a clue}

And will SOMEONE please tell MS the flapping her hands every time she speaks is  not attractive, nor are her neon bright teeth.  Yeah, I'm  big fan.😒

I'm sorry to hear that you're back in the hospital.  I hope you're out and home soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

As I watch live phrases I'm loving:

Help the lady find her shirt

you want the Tall blonde

I'm trying to figure out what happened

It was Spontaneous

Get your damn shirt on

Why'd you come home early?  (This line had me absolutely rolling)

Question: does that big A tattoo stand for Abby?

There's nothing going on

Neither of us were thinking

It just needs to go back into the place it came from. (Meaning Devons pants? Another giant laugh from me)

Metamucil helps promote  digestive health  (Chance may need that advice)

I know you're a skilled detective but there's no way you could have seen this coming

I'm  trying to piece this together and figure out what happened

I can finally leave town without a backward glance ( you go girl!)

What I saw earlier was not a friend supporting a friend

Your phony good guy act

Another poor mans Hilary

Rolling around with Abby like 2 teenagers in the back seat of a car

If this is your love I don't want it

If you go to your sons mother that's ok with me too

So that just about sums it up. Another stellar show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Rolling around with Abby like 2 teenagers in the back seat of a car

I thought I heard her say, "back seat of a town car", and I was trying to figure out what exactly the insult was about it being a town car? Like, because they are too dull for a sports car?

• LOL 11

I loved Amanda’s and Chance’s truth telling! Abby’s whole ‘I’m so sorry I don’t know what happened! It didn’t mean anything, I love you’ was total BS. And that indignant face she made at the end when a chance told her that what they had wasn’t what HE wanted? What HE needed? Only sErved to further cement her entitled princess status. Clearly Chznce was supposed to give up the career he loves to placate his wife. Maybe he was supposed to be a stay at home dad? Or better yet, take a job at NE working for her father. I mean, the nerve of him to dare question anything Newman! The minute he didn’t acquiesce during the Ashford investigation, the marriage was over. She made her feelings quite clear that he was supposed to choose HER family over the law.

and I LOVED Amanda walking out with her head held high. 

Victoria was a straight up bitch to Sally. At least Nate sort of took the high road. I did love Sally’s reply that she harbored no animosity toward HIM and that she wished HIM the best. Too bad she’s going after Dickolas now. 

Really liked the Jack/Adam discussion. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 10

The worst excuse Devon could give to Amanda is “It just happened”.  No Devon, you wanted it to happen. 

Cruella to Sally, your dismissed!!  But Sally should have said to Cruella, at least I don’t have a boney ass, knobby knees, and can really rock wearing leather pants.  

Don’t you wish that Jack was Adam’s father instead of Victor?  I do!  

What’s with all this constant care. Naya is in a facility getting professional constant care and Chelsea is also in a facility getting professional help. Constant care by Amanda and Nostrils, is more for them than Naya or Chelsea.  

How long before “It just happened” with Natey Nate Nate and Cruella?  By the end of the month?  That’s my bet. 

Another excuse of it just happened by Abby but the icing on the cake was to blame Chance 2.0 for not coming home. Hey Abby, tell me, who did Chance 2.0 “bonk” to make him feel better?  Chance 2.0 you are 100% correct. Devon’s desire to motor boat Abby and Abby’s desire to let it happen was going on for a long time. 

There is a song by Dionne Warwick called, “Don’t Make Me Over”. Abby should take heed to the words:

Don’t make me over Now you know how much I adore you 

Don’t pick on the things I say, the things I do

Just love me with all my fault

The way I love you

I’m begging you

Accept me for what I am 

Accept me for the things that I do

No Amanda, Devon didn’t cheat on Hilary but he did cheat, on Neil, with Hilary. 

Great swan song for Amanda in calling out Devon in ripping him a new ass hole. 

Hey Sally, what in the world are you thinking?  A relationship with Banana Breath wouldn’t be drama free. In fact a relationship with Adam would be far less dramatic.  Adam saw you as an equal and gave you positive energy more then you can get from Banana Breath. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8

So Abby just ran out after Chance leaving Dom behind. I guess that’s supposed to be Dom crying. Couldn’t they find audio of a toddler crying? Dom’s over a year old now. That baby crying sounded younger. 

Just give MM another Emmy. She was great today. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Devon’s desire to motor boat Abby and Abby’s desire to let it happen was going on for a long time. 

ROFL I'd forgotten about that phrase! I wonder if the script used that phrase!

• Wink 2
  • LOL 12

Devon: 🎶It wasn't me🎶

Amanda is made of strong stuff. A lot of women would not have been able to stand there like she did, at least not without throwing things. Meanwhile, Chance probably vomited in the elevator on the way down.

Devon, there is nothing to say to excuse what you did. Just keep your cheating mouth shut and let Amanda read you for filth. Literally.

Whoa, Sally's painted-on pants! Just watching her walk in those things made me feel squirmy. She must not ever have to go to the bathroom during the day. 😵💫

Oh geez, they remodeled the Chancellor Mansion set again. Since when is the entrance to the right of the fireplace? Ehh. It's not what Kay would've wanted.

Amanda said she only came back to tell Devon she was pretty much moving to VA for the indefinite future to help tend to Naya. What was all the luggage for then?

Had to laugh at the googly eyes Vikki kept making at Nate. She was acting like she'd already had 14 cups of coffee today.

Oh good grief, Sally. You miss Nick? Pshht, you probably miss having a wealthy scion of an elite family all up on you. I ain't sayin' you a golddigger, but...

Nick doesn't "like to lie"? OH PUHLEEZE! Meanwhile, who the eff is he to be putting conditions on Sally? M.f.-er, you #metoo'd her. Repeatedly. Be glad she didn't get a notion to file a legal complaint against you. You know Sally loves Adam, and you are forever her consolation prize at best. FOH.

"He never tells me that work matters more." And there it is, Abby. You got with Devon out of spite because Chance won't devote his entire existence to YOU. I bet if Chance hadn't caught you in the act of cheating you would've made a point of "confessing" to him later. Because you are that petty, spoiled biatch. Grrr.

Chance, stop wasting your time. You are too fine to be dealing with Abby's b.s. There's a woman out there who will 100% appreciate you, your hair, your beautiful face, your glorious body, and your willingness to earn a paycheck. Go find her.

I dunno Jack, lately Adam's been doing nothing but trying to let Sally know he loves her. She doesn't want to hear it--or she claims she doesn't. Adam has to get more useful advice.

You need time and space, Chance? Nah, son, you need to tell Abby to time and space herself the h3ll outta your house. Let her go be with Dom and Devon over at the Hamilton penthouse of cheaters.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

So Abby just ran out after Chance leaving Dom behind. I guess that’s supposed to be Dom crying. Couldn’t they find audio of a toddler crying? Dom’s over a year old now. That baby crying sounded younger. 

Devon and Abby must have moved Dom up to his room before they commenced boinking on the couch.  Any bets on the probability Dom will be getting a sibling conceived the natural way?

I think the reason Chance didn’t come home one night is because he needed to unwind and he can’t do that at home.  Abby is such a needy demanding harpy, I don’t think there is much relaxation opportunities at the mansion. Maybe Abby should have talked to Sharon about the stresses of being married to a person in law enforcement, rather than running to Devon.

Why did Elena show up at NE on Nate’s first day of on his new job in order to talk about their relationship? Not normally a good way to impress a new boss.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
52 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Chance, stop wasting your time. You are too fine to be dealing with Abby's b.s. There's a woman out there who will 100% appreciate you, your hair, your beautiful face, your glorious body, and your willingness to earn a paycheck. Go find her.

Look no further!

• Wink 5
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Chance had MAJOR PTSD when he came home from his mission  and then Ray's death and altho he went into therapy, his '"recovery" was too soon and  as if he really wanted to put the over seas and Ray's death somewhere in the back of his mind. Bandied it  Traumas like that can take A LONG TIME to process without her royal highness impatiently waiting him to suddenly snap out it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh geez, they remodeled the Chancellor Mansion set again. Since when is the entrance to the right of the fireplace? Ehh. It's not what Kay would've wanted.

WTF? I am so glad that I didn't see that!

50 minutes ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Devon and Abby must have moved Dom up to his room before they commenced boinking on the couch.  Any bets on the probability Dom will be getting a sibling conceived the natural way?

Maybe Mariah and Tessa can adopt it.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

What a great episode. I enjoyed today so much more than the Diane witch hunt. Although Victoria and her sour puss put a damper on the festivities. What a witch. Sally was a good employee.
I hope MM returns in the future. I guess that’s the end of Imani too?

• Like 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Why did Elena show up at NE on Nate’s first day of on his new job in order to talk about their relationship? Not normally a good way to impress a new boss.

🤣  Do you think Elena cares about impressing Victoria?  Pretty sure she doesn't.  Just sayin'. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I cheered when Amanda threw Devon’s shirt at him and told him to put his fucking shirt on. Okay, so she didn’t say “fucking” but it was written in her eyes. She’s far too good for him. Now, if Mishael could come back as Hilary to ghost-slap his ass, my world would be complete. 

Abby attempting to blame Chance for her cheating. 

basketball wives GIF by VH1

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14

This episode was a lot of fun.

I initially thought MM/Amanda was downplaying things a bit, but then I realized she's been three timed by this guy.  She's done, and it made perfect sense.

Chance and Abby I thought was a realistic outcome to what their relationship is at this point.  Chance was right that he sensed this happening, and combining that with Abby's "support" during the Locke investigation, you get why he's been in such an otherwise strange mood.  It was even understandable that Abby STILL kind of snapped back at him, because she's still (wrongly) pissed off at him. 

Abby, though....you regret it and it needs to go back?  A), what does that even mean, and B) you were JUST telling Devon how much you "liked it" 🤣

I know she's not necessarily the most popular on here, but for me MO is a reliable actress in these types of scenes, which I think can REALLY easily become embarrassing to watch.  It's not master thespian  acting, but she can always bring some kind of emotion that I find normal and believable.

Victoria was disgusting today, and Sally is wasted on Nick.   He and his brother both "chase" the same women, while he's talking to said woman? Classy.  Girl, you have other options here.

Jack and Adam were great, too.  Show better not break up THAT relationship.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14

I’ll be a party of one, but I think Chance was relieved to catch Abby with Devon. It lets him off the hook from being married and a father, neither of which he has much interest in.

Abby leaned on Devon while you were away, because you decided to go on a dangerous mission right after getting married. And since the worst custody issue storyline ever, she hasn’t been leaning on him at all, until they fell into each naked.

Amanda was Hillary today, which I loved, cause I (again, party of one) loved Hillary. She certainly livened up Devon’s dull behind.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Had to laugh at the googly eyes Vikki kept making at Nate. She was acting like she'd already had 14 cups of coffee today.

I think she's switched from drinking it to starting her day with a coffee enema, or twelve.  I'm waiting for her to order one at Crimson Lights, low foam with caramel swirl.

Chelsea may be the one locked up but Victoria's belfry is full of bats, too.  And it couldn't happen to a better Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nutz.

2 hours ago, JNavarro said:

I know she's not necessarily the most popular on here, but for me MO is a reliable actress in these types of scenes, which I think can REALLY easily become embarrassing to watch.  It's not master thespian  acting, but she can always bring some kind of emotion that I find normal and believable.

I like MO too, always have, even when her character is annoying.  No way do I think Abby has any claim to any sort of moral high ground but I like MO in any case.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, boes said:

I think she's switched from drinking it to starting her day with a coffee enema, or twelve.  I'm waiting for her to order one at Crimson Lights, low foam with caramel swirl.

Chelsea may be the one locked up but Victoria's belfry is full of bats, too.  And it couldn't happen to a better Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nutz.

I like MO too, always have, even when her character is annoying.  No way do I think Abby has any claim to any sort of moral high ground but I like MO in any case.  

MO is fine - even though Abby and Devon are on moral quicksand. 

Thanks for the laugh about Victoria's coffee enema.  Maybe that's what explains the slighted crazed look Vicky has sometimes had in her eyes ever since the Ashland fiasco.  Move over Chelsea???!!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

One of my thoughts during the sexy time scenes was "I wonder if MOs husband is watching this and how does he feel?". I know its acting but still...Devons lips were all over Abby's body parts. I could never film a scene like that. I guess that's why I'm not an actress.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

This confused me because when Victoria and Nate walked in on Sally there was the big explanation that Nate wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow-he was just soooo eager to get working-and there were (weak) apologies all around.  Why Elena would show up is beyond me.  More confusing is why she would want to get back into a relationship with him.

15 hours ago, Stpauliegirl said:

Devon and Abby must have moved Dom up to his room before they commenced boinking on the couch.

When I saw Chekov's baby monitor in the background I was waiting for the third act when it would go off and Amanda could escape.  You go, girl!

12 hours ago, JNavarro said:

Jack and Adam were great, too.  Show better not break up THAT relationship.  

I could watch an entire show of those two sitting/standing around in suits having a conversation.  Love me handsome men in suits.😍

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15

I loved everything Amanda said though the poor man's Hillary thing confused me a bit. Amanda please, Elena was the original poor man's Hillary so I'm sorry dear but you don't even have a claim to that so calm down. 🙃 

I'm just kidding! Let me stop playing 😂 😂

The last two days have been great Y&R looks & feels like a real Soap right now. It just feels so great having 2 days in a row without Phyllis and the other 2 witches ragging on Diane. Amanda reading Devon was everything, I'm glad Amanda & Chance finally expressed some discontent at Devon & Abby having a child together. I know it was nice that they were supportive but it was also unrealistic imo. Devon deserved a lot more vitriol than he got but as someone mentioned upthread Amanda's been down this road enough with his sorry ass. She just needs be done and she finally recognizes that.

I'm pretty sure MiMo is only in a reoccurring status so I don't think we'll have her for much longer. I suppose that means for the foreseeable future she'll just pop in & out the way Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) does on DOOL. 

When it comes to Chelsea I'm gonna always root for Victoria, but other than that she can go fuck herself. Victoria cannot be humbled fast enough, with the way this bitch treats Sally you'd never believe that Sally once designed a wedding dress for her or came through for her during the Ashland fallout. Like I can never take Victoria seriously when she's talking about loyalty, she really is her father's daughter. 

Sally is in for a rude awakening if she thinks relationship with Nick is going to be smooth sailing and drama free. Especially when Summer has already expressed her negative opinion towards their relationship. I did agree with her disapproval but not her reasons for it. And when Phylthy finds out? Forget about it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

One of my thoughts during the sexy time scenes was "I wonder if MOs husband is watching this and how does he feel?". I know its acting but still...Devons lips were all over Abby's body parts. I could never film a scene like that. I guess that's why I'm not an actress.

MO’s husband is also an actor and has appeared in Days and was a fill in for Chance for a while. I’m quite sure that he knew a “sexy” scene could be requires of MO.  To tell the truth, some men can feel “turned on” with another man kissing on his wife. Some are ok with it, as part of a script, but would refuse to watch the scene.  

With that said, I enjoy a “sexy scene”, on a soap opera, when it’s done well and there is some chemistry between the characters (Mariah/Tessa, Sally/Adam).  The scene with MO and BJ was a bit too graphic for just being “friends”.  Even true couples do their “sexy scenes” under the covers.  I would be very surprised if the scene was not scripted, so MO and BJ would have to be ok with how it was staged.  If MO was worried about what her real life husband would think, MO would have toned down the scene. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

Random thought: Has Adam ever cheated on any of his partners? Schemed and plotted for business or revenge reasons, sure, but cheated on a romantic relationship? There are some years I didn't watch and only kept up intermittently, but I can't remember him doing so? I'm not even sure I remember him being the cheating partner of someone else in a relationship.

I ask only because I was thinking about how smug and dismissive most everyone is of Adam's feelings in regards to the people in his life, and yet almost 100% of those who are the most offensively insulting to him have cheated. Victoria? yes. Nick? yes. Nicki? yes. Chloe?, yes. Billy?, yes, yes, yes. etc. etc. 

As I said, I have missing years, so may be way off base. But it struck me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10

Abby to Devon: "We're not malicious people." Well, God help everybody if they were! I can only imagine what that would look like. Phyllis finds out Amanda is leaving, and it becomes all about her. She was right though about her empty life, and she has no one to blame but herself, she drove herself into that emotional emotional cul de sac. Glad Jack finally told Ashley to drop her participation in the Diane witch hunt. Instead of saying it was about giving Diane some peace, I wish he had told Ashley that at her age playing Nancy Drew, girl detective, with her 2 hag friends, is a ridiculously juvenile look.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Well if Sally is really going to choose NICK over Adam, when she is a completely free agent at this point, then I have absolutely no sympathy for her. Enjoy your chopped liver Sweetheart.

I'm so disappointed but I think she's sticking with Nick as he's the safer, easier, more comfortable (like an old couch or a dropcloth on the floor of the backroom of a bar) choice vs the mercurial Adam. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

Random thought: Has Adam ever cheated on any of his partners? Schemed and plotted for business or revenge reasons, sure, but cheated on a romantic relationship? There are some years I didn't watch and only kept up intermittently, but I can't remember him doing so? I'm not even sure I remember him being the cheating partner of someone else in a relationship.

I ask only because I was thinking about how smug and dismissive most everyone is of Adam's feelings in regards to the people in his life, and yet almost 100% of those who are the most offensively insulting to him have cheated. Victoria? yes. Nick? yes. Nicki? yes. Chloe?, yes. Billy?, yes, yes, yes. etc. etc. 

As I said, I have missing years, so may be way off base. But it struck me.

I don’t know if Adam has cheated on anyone. I do remember him bringing Sharon to live with him and Chelsea after Sharon started the fire at the ranch.  I can’t remember if they consummated back then. Adam was devastated by the miscarriage caused by Summers car crash. I also remember Sharon cheating on Nick with Adam. They had bonded over bananas foster in New Orleans. 

I wish Sally would go be with Adam. The only good thing of her and Nick is Phyllis finding out.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

And isn't Devon dating the actress who plays Elena?  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t know if Adam has cheated on anyone. I do remember him bringing Sharon to live with him and Chelsea after Sharon started the fire at the ranch.  I can’t remember if they consummated back then.

From what I read, he did not sleep with Sharon at this time. Chelsea was jealous of his relationship with Sharon and thought he was spending too much time with her, so when she got pregnant she told Adam the baby was Dylan's...which he was not (Connor).

Adam tending to Sharon, who was having a mental breakdown, feels a lot like Billy now tending to Chelsea for same reasons. Won't be surprised if it doesn't have same effect of torpedoing Billy and Lily's marriage - though I'd be very surprised if Lily got pregnant and claimed the baby was someone else's. Oooh, maybe she does and tells everyone Adam is the father. And come full circle. 😉

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, mjt626 said:

I’ll be a party of one, but I think Chance was relieved to catch Abby with Devon. It lets him off the hook from being married and a father, neither of which he has much interest in.

Abby leaned on Devon while you were away, because you decided to go on a dangerous mission right after getting married. And since the worst custody issue storyline ever, she hasn’t been leaning on him at all, until they fell into each naked.

I'm with you. Chance seemed to be over the whole "married with children" a long time ago. This situation has just given him his easy out. Wonder who he'll end up with?

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

With that said, I enjoy a “sexy scene”, on a soap opera, when it’s done well and there is some chemistry between the characters (Mariah/Tessa, Sally/Adam).  The scene with MO and BJ was a bit too graphic for just being “friends”.  Even true couples do their “sexy scenes” under the covers.  I would be very surprised if the scene was not scripted, so MO and BJ would have to be ok with how it was staged.  If MO was worried about what her real life husband would think, MO would have toned down the scene. 

Whew, I spent that scene trying to remember the last time I saw such a "graphic" soap sex scene. You're right- most of the action (on soaps, anyway) takes place under sheets, with the suggestion of what's going on. When Devon flipped Abby around against the wall and started kissing from the back, I was like, "Hello?" And then he was kissing her stomach, and they were on the sofa, and on the stairs, and... dang!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Rodan enters Amanda’s room like she has diarrhea and is in a hurry to use the barhroom.  Does Rodan have to know everything about everybody?  Is that why the monkeys with a keyboard has Amanda telling Rodan about Devon and Abby?  Or are they just adding an arrow to Rodan’s quill for her to be sanctimonious about. Rodan is the lowly loathsome ass hat that needs to feel superior because of her short comings. Amanda calling on Rodan for a sympathetic ear is like asking for the grim reaper to come back tomorrow.  Rodan asks Amanda if she can move past Devon’s indiscretion 🙄.  Has Rodan ever moved past anything or anyone who has done her wrong?  Grudge is Rodan’s middle name. 

I think it was less of Tucker throwing Diane under the bus and more of trying to prove himself to Ashley.  

Devon getting carried away is one thing but being overly passionate is another thing.  Making “like” on the couch is being carried away but making “love” all over the penthouse was almost TV-MA.  Chance 2.0 is a trained observer so he would see the connection between Abby and Devon as more than friends.  Is Chance 2.0 correct and guilt is making Devon and Abby realize that they are more than friends or are they just trying to rationalize what happened?  

Chance 2.0 is a trained observer but I find a lot of women are untrained observers.  My wife to that end, observed my boss and his assistant and knew they were having an affair that nobody could possibly know about. She was 100% correct.  That affair cost him millions. 

The more I see Ashley’s outfit the more it reminds me that she is going to her Karate lessons after work. 

How many times can Rodan show she is a selfish ass hat. Me me me, Rodan’s pain is self afflicted but Amanda’s pain is not as important as Amanda’s real pain.  Does Amanda actually think that Devon was thinking about her and what it would do to her while he was nuzzling Abby’s belly and chest?  No, nyet, nein, no way.  

Kudos Jack for finally being fed up about listening to how bad Diane is.  If all the bad people would be run out of GC, it would be a town and not a city. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6