Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Whoa! I love Victoria’s outfit. I haven’t seen the shoes or pants length yet but hip hugger style dark grey jeans(?) with the light pewter belt and white top looks so fresh and different than what she usually wears. I love that top.

Hate her hair color. It’s orangey brassy and she looks better in dark brown with a slight chestnut or cherry color hue.

I see Summer has gone back to exaggerated twitchy head movement with affected speech and rubbery mouth movement along with having her hands and arms being way to involved in her conversation. 

When is Lily coming back? I miss her. 

I wish they would recast Devon with another actor. 

I am here for Tucker and Billy. These guys are mind bending each other.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2024 at 1:32 PM, Skarzero said:

Yes, I think then Tucker was played by Stephen Earl Nichols(Patch and/or Stefan Cassadine for all the DOOL & GH MVPs in here 😎) he wasn't a bad Tucker McCall per se if I remember right, but TSJ has a better handle on the comic, sleuthing snake nature of the character imo 

Also, if Tucker is actually screwing with Ashley on purpose after being the one to help her with her mental state in the past is definitely a low blow. But with that said, this isn't a 100% bad way to villainize a character for a "good" one. After Ashland Locke, the dude that targeted Sharon(legit forgot his name), and now Jordan. The villains on the show are one note and are obviously only drummed up to give the "heroes" someone to effortlessly triumph over, beat up & pile on. Or in Adam's special case where he's perpetually the punching bag. Even with his villain streak long behind him. 

Tucker has layers, has a history with Ashley, and he's actually making gains in his moves against her(how ever tedious & drawn out they may be). Now, I do believe this is only happening because she's an Abbott and not a Newman. But it's still something I guess. 

And Victoria can go fuck herself. She's actually concerned about Victor using Claire & not totally accepting her into the family a whopping 5 minutes after discovering her existence? Can you say Adam you mop-headed, hypocritical bitch?

The other possible scenario is that Tucker recognizes where Ashley is headed and pulls her back from the brink once again.  But this has gone on way too long.  Didn't Ashley and Tucker get married back in the summer?  I normally wouldn't mind if a story took a while to unfold and had a lot of twists and turns along the way IF I had the impression that the writers had a destination in mind.   That's not the case here.  Now Friday's show made it look like we're going to get an alcoholic Ashley story, which, c'mon now, really? Would that somehow dovetail into Nikki's story?

On 2/17/2024 at 4:03 PM, Denize said:

I wish I could look away, but I find that I increasingly need to lip-read his minimal lip movements to figure out what he is saying (I DVR & can't turn on CC after the fact just for him).  

Do you mean you don't want to turn on the CC or the CC doesn't work.  I DVR as well and I often turn on the CC when Victor speaks (and sometimes Tucker, who also tends to mumble).

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I have found an amusing new hobby - pissing off my temporary co-CEO. Like today, he comes rolling up on me in that smug, peacocking stride of his, full of ideas about rebranding the company by slapping his last name on it. He says it’s to honor his mom, but that uncooked chicken thigh is all about pumping his own tires. When he was blathering on about changing the name, I played dumb, mostly by imitating his mannerisms, rhetorical style and reasoning skills. I pretended to consider it and fluffed him off until he left, smiling but seething. He’s just so hilarious when he doesn’t get his way. First, you can see his rear end pucker up like he just wiped himself with a lemony fresh Clorox disinfectant cloth. His nostrils flare, changing the barometric pressure as far away as Azerbaijan. Finally, he stomps off to his executive washroom to sulk and spend quality time with his mail order, military grade tactical bidet. Am I the asshole for pushing his buttons?

Buttbiscuit says: No. i believe your proper name would be Asshole Junior, as you clearly inherited your bio-dad’s wretched personality. How do you like them apples, you clueless cue ball? What would Neil Winters do? Call you an asshole. P.S., Only a joyless fool would mock getting his skids spritzed by a strategically calibrated jet of water. 

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I was recently approached by a mysterious woman as I was drowning my sorrows at a dive bar. At first, the busted ass wig and intense grin made me fear I was about to be attacked by the infamous Flapjack Monster of Genoa City. I was in no condition to flee, but I didn’t have to. Now that I’m presently less impaired, the encounter leaves me unsettled. She claimed to have been in AA yet plied me with drinks. She indicated we had a mutual acquaintance and somehow recounted in exacting detail the rise and fall of our relationship, only she claimed it happened to her as well. That seems unlikely. The wigged woman then encouraged me to reconnect with our supposed mutual friend with an unsavory enthusiasm. Why do I feel compelled to hitch a ride to crazy town with this person? Am I the asshole?

Buttbiscuit says: Nah, bro. You ever feel like some hack is authoring your life and steering you into idiotic, senseless decisions no person with two brain cells to rub together would ever make? It’s like that. Everyone gets their turn eating shit in a futile effort to make the Newman family rootable. They are ALWAYS the asshole.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I’ve discovered a new way to relieve the stress of parenting and I’m hoping it doesn’t make me the asshole. I would like to mention up front that my boyfriend didn’t ask me to share this, but if it can help one person… Well, let me tell you, nothing helps a woman unwind like riding an unbreaded mozzarella stick to Climax City. When your boyfriend is pure sex on a (swizzle) stick, a relaxing lovemaking session just takes a firm, juicy slap to his flat buttocks to get started. I can’t praise his technique enough; it’s so soothing that I almost fall asleep before his 112 seconds of effort pay off. That concave, bleached physique, the manly way he calls out his own name… it all just really clarifies things, you know? If only they could bottle his gentle yet wildly erotic presence for other women to enjoy.

Buttbiscuit says: Many thanks for this unsolicited letter. You are most definitely not an asshole, though you could probably tack on 15 or 20 seconds to your boyfriend’s efforts. Just saying.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Hmmf, the Quote feature isn't working for me. I just read several pages, so don't recall off the top of my head what I was going to reply to. Oh, well. Once they ditch Seth (Brian Gaskill) (whatever) then I may start watching once a week. He was the worst actor ever on B&B. Too bad they brought that lead weight onto this sinking ship. One would think that cbs was trying to drive viewers away and get the ratings to drop so they could cancel the show.

• Like 5
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Seriously that’s Nikki’s budoir??? With 80’s Waverly bedspread and shams??

I am seriously pissed that Daniel got a place for his circle to hang in and Tucker Audra have none. Sally your business is sinking because you stole all the artwork and furnishings from Victor’s penthouse and Noah’s gRoOvY night club and have it on your website showcasing Daniel’s place.

Traci is doing good handling this Ashley stuff. I like thst they have her in some  fitted jeans and some tops that don’t look like they came from Lane Bryant. Her hair person needs to pick a short style and maintain it for her. Every day is a different short look. 

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

As I've made clear here many times, I'm a huge fan of The Mustache, however, whoever is writing his storyline and dialogue sucks. I've been watching Y&R since the beginning and previously the writers attempted to take on sensitive and controversial subject, with pretty good content. Victor, after having been through Nikki's first rehab and AA experience, certainly would know better than to try to manage HER recovery. He would know that slips are common, and that "working the program" compels her (and Jack for that matter) to help someone who's struggling. This AA nonsense is making me nuts-clearly they don't have a consultant advising them. I..just..🤦‍♀️IMG_1710.jpeg.fa86db56461404e19a9c2cae48cca26a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Audra & Tucker. It was nice to see a couple laughing and enjoying each other in the afterglow. No taking some kind of sweaty stroll through nooner Bizarro world for those two. O hai Chelsea & Billy.

That was exactly what I was thinking, Ashley. You could use John Abbott's wise counsel right now. Jack's too busy being at drunk Nikki's beck and call.

Tucker and Audra are going to Paris. Interesting. Wait until Ashley finds out.

Sigh, Nikki, you should've let Seth's call go to voicemail. His lack of sobriety is still a risk to your own.

IMO Seth has been obsessed with Nikki even without Jordan's influence. Seems to me an AA sponsor shouldn't have their emotions caught up in the importance of who they're supposed to be helping.

So was the liquid Abby poured for Diane, Kyle, and Jack a sparkling wine? It had a bubbly head. If so, all of them were holding their flutes wrong. One would hope at least Jack would know better.

Wow, I loved Tessa's knit top, especially the color.

Great advice Audra was giving Tucker regarding the Devon estrangement. But, why did I get the feeling there was an undermining angle to it?

Kyle got home from Society where he had helped split a bottle of wine, and the first thing he did was pour himself another drink. WTAF?

Ashley. Sitting in the dark waiting for Tucker (and Audra?) to return to his suite. Ehhh. Well, at least she wasn't naked. 😱

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I thought Nikki looked wonderful.today in the wine colored dress, her hair and makeup. She certainly didn't look hung over.

What nonsense is being thrown at us now? Nikki is counselling her ex sponsor who she triggered into drinking again and she is still drinking daily? Surely tptb  at AA would not approve.Come on! For once I agree with Victor.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting fecking bored with the show, ALTHO I caught Diane's facial expression when the subject of Nikki came up. Maybe something is brewing...

Ashley, get a grip.  She's gonna feck up Tucker and Megan Marshall--she'll be in his room while he's making calls, Megan will walk in and promptly out.  The whole triangle is beyond boring at this point.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

How can Tucker be any good in bed if Audra still has all her makeup and lipstick intact?  

Audra knows that Noah lives in GC, so isn’t  a little disingenuous that she came to GC solely because of Tucker and didn’t she try very hard to get back with Noah. Was Audra hooking up with Tucker while professing to love Noah?  

Victor just put a security man on Nikki and don’t even tell her. I’m sure there is someone she would not recognize.  There is so much 🐂💩 going on right now that you need hip boots to wade through it. For example, how did you Auntie Jordan travel to GC.  Where did she get the clothes, wig, sunglasses, and money to pay for drinks?  Lastly, how did she get a cell phone. 

It looks like the security guard is a moot point since the venue has been changed to the “fortress”. 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Is it wrong that I want Tucker to have Ashley arrested for breaking and entering? Or illegal trespassing? This woman is completely unhinged and needs psychiatric help before she does anything else. She’s deathly already off Tucker and yet she always goes looking for him rather than staying away from him. Stalker much?

so Kyle finally came clean to Diane after she constantly badgered hint about his feelings and she was taken aback? Geez woman, even if he really WAS okay with it, is it any wonder he snapped at you? You’ve been actively undermining him for a while. I was surprised by his restraint.

Victor to Nikki: I will not allow you to leave this house!

um, last time I checked, Nikki wasn’t your slave. You don’t get to ‘forbid’ her from doing anything.

I had to laugh when her phone rang and everyone was all ‘is it her? Is it Jordan?’ The phone was facile down on the table so there was no way to know who was calling until she actually picked it up and looked at the screen!

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How can Tucker be any good in bed if Audra still has all her makeup and lipstick intact?  

Not to mention her Armour All Underwire bra.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
(edited)
On 2/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, Snaporaz said:

The other possible scenario is that Tucker recognizes where Ashley is headed and pulls her back from the brink once again.  But this has gone on way too long.  Didn't Ashley and Tucker get married back in the summer?  I normally wouldn't mind if a story took a while to unfold and had a lot of twists and turns along the way IF I had the impression that the writers had a destination in mind.   That's not the case here.  Now Friday's show made it look like we're going to get an alcoholic Ashley story, which, c'mon now, really? Would that somehow dovetail into Nikki's story?

I couldn't remember myself, I had to look it up. All I could find is them being married after his coma(the one Abby put him in after running him over) in 2011(shit that was 13 years ago! Time really flies!) Tucker(both SEN/TSJ) & Ashley had potential, but the writers have shit on that throughly. My theory is that they split up so quickly is because JG knew that while Tucker & Ashley were married Devon & Abby would be step-siblings. And with all of Josh Griffith's flaws, he knows that the pseudo incestuous pairings is Bradley Bell's hat trick. So he back-peddled instead of breaking up Abby/Devon for now. 

Ashley is definitely on her way to another breakdown/mental hospital. I'm somewhat more interested in that than I am in this round of Drinki vs Jordan. I happen to like Eileen Davison's acting more than I like MTS acting. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 5
  • Love 7
(edited)

All the blondes and car crashes on this show confuse my memory. I was thinking Summer crashed into Tucker, but no, she crashed into Chelsea, causing her to lose her first baby with Adam. And Nick bought Summer a brand new car the next day. Any normal parent would have forced her to take the bus if they cannot drive with their wits about them.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/17/2024 at 3:08 PM, stewedsquash said:

With all the chaos happening behind the scenes here I want to ask: if this site shuts down where are y’all going? I remember snarkfest (lol, my last interaction there was when I got a long meandering wordy pm about hamburgers and hotdogs and not inviting people to snarkfest). 

What did I miss? Is this site really potentially shutting down?

• Useful 2
6 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting fecking bored with the show

As am I.  It seems that pretty much all anyone ever does these days is blather away, either in ridiculously worded "business" speak that's nothing but buzzwords that make no sense, uttered by CEOs, CFO's, COO's, COOcuckaCHOOS, not a one of them who could complete a paper route successfully.  If not business bullshit, then it's the constant rehashing of the same relationship conversations they had the day before and will have the day after next.  

And nothing says "great storytelling" like constant flashbacks - usually the same flashbacks, and often flashbacks to crap that HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

Then there's the reheated hash of Newman drama, which ultimately boils down to a bunch of middle-aged children kowtowing to the emotional bullying of an emotionally wizened man with all the appeal of dentures at rest in a water glass and his terminally co-dependent wife.

Every storyline, even those that start out well, end in a whimper and that's been going on for quite some time.

I'm starting to be grateful that I'm not paying premium for Paramount Plus because the best part of Show these days are the commercials with Flo from Progressive.  Show has me missing the gecko.

Neil and Katherine would NOT be so proud.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

At first, I was kind of bitter getting stuck with another day of work and missing my soaps. I can’t do the job out of a cafe or jazz lounge, and I am sure as hell not in the mood to watch after a day among the local buttbiscuits (nostril sizes vary). I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am that I was able to see Chelz jump on that bleached numbskull on cliffhanger Friday. I can’t tell you because I’m not. WTF, show?

Victor’s attitude sucks just like his security sucks. Why are we still pretending the Newmans employee a badass team of bodyguards when their security gets pantsed every single time? Stop it already.

When I think high stakes corporate intrigue, I definitely imagine an internal fight over the company name.

My bitterness is somewhat eased. Now if only I wasn’t working with a Diet Phyllis, everything would be rainbows and lollipops.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

At first, I was kind of bitter getting stuck with another day of work and missing my soaps. I can’t do the job out of a cafe or jazz lounge, and I am sure as hell not in the mood to watch after a day among the local buttbiscuits (nostril sizes vary). I can’t begin to tell you how grateful I am that I was able to see Chelz jump on that bleached numbskull on cliffhanger Friday. I can’t tell you because I’m not. WTF, show?

Victor’s attitude sucks just like his security sucks. Why are we still pretending the Newmans employee a badass team of bodyguards when their security gets pantsed every single time? Stop it already.

When I think high stakes corporate intrigue, I definitely imagine an internal fight over the company name.

My bitterness is somewhat eased. Now if only I wasn’t working with a Diet Phyllis, everything would be rainbows and lollipops.

Diet Phyllis? Oof.

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, Sake614 said:

s it wrong that I want Tucker to have Ashley arrested for breaking and entering?

I was trying to figure out how she got in and then thought she probably still has the key from when she was Mrs. Tucker.  Then I got pissed because the show didn't even have the courtesy to show how she got in (like finessing a housekeeper to believe she is Mrs. Tucker or some such thing) and I have to do the heavy lifting.

I'm calling this now:  Victurd will be in the 'gym' punching his heavy bag when Jordan and Seth confront the lone Nikki (since Vicboria had to conveniently go check on Clair).  The Crack Security Team will see no need to accompany the Dastardly Duo, even if they do smell a lot of alcohol.  But not to worry, dear reader, since Nikki is indeed in control of her Sobriety.  (is there a Best Inanimate category for 'Sobriety'?) Seth will be waving a quart bottle of Wodka as a peace offering, but in his drunken state (three beers will do that, you know) he smacks Jordan in the nose, knocking off her glasses.  Jordon screams in pain and lobs a few unkind words to Seth, who then goes hands and knees on the floor to retrieve the glasses. Nikki is standing there all snooty as hell and demanding to know what Jordan thinks she can do to her (Nikki's) Sobriety.  Meanwhile, Viktor hears loud voices and since Nikki only speaks in whispers, he rightly assumes something is amiss topside.  He runs into the room, the picture of virility (replete with Black T-shirt of Virility) ready to save his Baby Baby Sweet Baby.  Meanwhile, Jordan has retrieved the Wodka, pushes Nikki into Victurd's leather throne and is attempting to pour it down her throat.  In his heroic haste, Victurd fails to see Seth on the floor (possibly passed out from the three beers or this whole fucking boring storyline) and trips over him.  Jordan is distracted as he starts to fall into her and Nikki's quick-wits-from-Sobriety allow her to push Jordan away.  Jordan falls towards Victurd who virally flips her over the couch onto the chessboard where she lands eye-first onto the queen (the gold one) and maybe a bishop in the other eye and, what the hell, a king in the ear, and dies.  Victurd and Nikki high-five and each take a swig from the Wodka bottle.  Seth crawls away.

fini

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Someone on another site mentioned that with her wig,the crack security team may think that Jordan is Lauren and let her pass through with no questions asked.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Can’t Sally apply for a job at Old Navy or Pottery Barn? Why does Adam have to beg his mean ass daddy to employ her? 
Seth is CREEPY. Nikki is in no position to help him and for once she should listen to her bossy husband.

What is the garnish in the martinis lately? They were using olives now it looks like some kind of peel. I was hoping Phyllis would choke on it last week when it first made its appearance.

Tucker, get yourself a restraining order. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Smugly Smug Smug, Audra and Tucker are joined a lot more than at the hip 😉.  Who is Smugly Smug Smug to give relationship advice?  People don’t change?  I guess that doesn’t include the two faced Smugly Smug Smug. 

The plot thickens. Nikki says she can’t be friends with Seth right now but she will meet him for coffee every now and then 😳

Sally get over yourself. Adam was just trying to help you.  Instead of having a tantrum you just could have said thank you but no thank you. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Okay Ashley has definitely lost her mind. And she’s mind fucking Tucker. She either wants him back or just wants to make sure he doesn’t stay with Audra. Either way she needs serious help and fast. Speaking of Tucker, he was an idiot not to tell Audra that Ashley broke into his room and tried to get into his head (and probably bed). She’s going to find out anyway, likely from Ashley, who will make up some story about how they fucked or at least kissed. Either way, no good can come from keeping that secret.

and because it can’t be said enough, Nate, please STFU! You’re a sanctimonious bastard and no one asked you for your advice. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Nate, please STFU

I almost threw something at the tv when he started lecturing Megan Markle about loyalty and Tucker's past deeds.  Did he have amnesia--or has he justified in his mind his betrayal of CW?

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

Lol, Nikki was acting like she wanted to sniff Seth's breath to see if she could get a contact buzz.

Why was Nate loitering around the GCAC? He doesn't live there and isn't dating anyone who has a room there. He wasn't having a late business meeting either. 🤔

Audra actually said she's in love with Tucker. A few days ago she was thisclose to seducing Nate. Girl, bye.

Adam: I have a surprise for you, Sally!
Sally: oh yeah? What is it?
Adam: that there is no surprise. My dad kiboshed it because he hates you.
Sally: um, thanks for letting me know?

Why was Victor running around at night instead of staying home to protect Nikki? Plus it must've been past his bedtime.

Still surprised Seth doesn't already have an AA sponsor.

Tucker, are you dense? When Ashley said she wanted peace, what she meant was a piece o' dat a$$. She's setting up the tried and true, "you don't dump me, I dump you" play, to be executed right after she gets you in bed one more time.

Ashley trying to throw down with Audra. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! Go on with your batsh!t self, Ash. Audra can see you coming down Broadway like the Snoopy float.

I'm thinking Sally should flip the script on Adam and Victor by going to Tucker for the investment in her design business. She needs to be free of the Newmans financially.

Oh no, Tucker straight up lied to Audra about having just met with Ashley in his suite. Darn. 😒

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, TVForever said:

What did I miss? Is this site really potentially shutting down?

I hope not. Reddit is alive with disgruntled posters after the recent shutdown. I checked out reddit from a Royals poster link after the royals forum shutdown and occasionally peep back in for that. Reddit is annoying and hard to follow though so I don’t do it very often. 

I am up to the episode where Jordan is at the bar with annoying Seth. Dang in that wig she would have made a great replacement for frozen face Lauren. KZ looks fantastic in that getup. I really wish they had brought her back as a long term character not a dumb James Stenbeck type story. 

Wow this episode I am on is showing all the pretty men suited up nicely. 

I still think Ashley is playing Tucker. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Someone on another site mentioned that with her wig,the crack security team may think that Jordan is Lauren and let her pass through with no questions asked.

Oh gosh I feel validated with my Lauren post. I didn’t read through before posting

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, what the f was that all about?

I am annoyed about this Seth storyline. There was no character or relationship development. We were introduced to Seth a month ago and suddenly he is goo goo gah gah over Nikki. He is an odd duck.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Seth is oozily off-putting; and not in a fun way.

I seem to remember Jess Walton not wanting to be back on Y&R full-time. If so, Coleen Z would have been a wonderful replacement.  Jill being present on this show at this point in time would make such a difference.  No unqualified CEOs sitting around arguing over company names, and who their next co-CEO will be. It is like watching a group of teenagers deciding who will Prom King and Queen. What a difference having Jill back would make.  Now we have Jack, Victor and Devon. Should we count Tucker? Am I forgetting Lily?  Does she qualify? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Oh my gosh I just finished the mogul wants cheeseburgers scene and that little saucy hip thrust Tucker did when he hit the light switch! Trevor makes Tucker so much fun when he lets loose with the quirky side of him. He reminds me a lot of my favorite movie character from An Ideal Husband, played by Rupert Everett. Tucker and Audra also remind me of my favorite couple from the waay back years, Greg Sumners/ Paige Matheson from Knots Landing. 
Okay, Ashley isn’t annoying me now. ED is good at bringing drama. I hope this plot pays off.

Love the McBickerson’s- Diane and Kyle! 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
(edited)

Okay....we got the dwama of Auntie Jordan and hide-the-bottle with Nikki, the angst of Numbah Two son trying to get his father, the Guardian of the Hellmouth to absorb Sally's business the way a black hole absorbs light, not to mention gearing up for the emotional cage fight of Ashley vs. Audra with Tucker as the prize, but but but but but BUT, the REAL drama, unfolding right in front of our eyes, something we've been seeing amp up for years, is ...............

What's up with Nate and that goddam middle button on his suit jackets?  We're all accustomed to his arched back, stiff-legged power butt strut, that walk he does whenever he's ready to impress, browbeat, or simply do his signature sexay stroll, but he always accompanies that walk with the button/unbutton thing.  

Before he sits, he unbuttons as he slowly lowers his fine self into his chair and when he's ready to leave, he ascends to full height, and with panache, buttons up that middle button.

Is this signature move of his some sort of signal to an off camera secret agent?   His way of saying "hi" to someone watching, like Carol Burnett's ear tug?  The satorial equivalent of Jimmy Durante's "Good Night, Mrs. Calabash"?

Or is the illuminati at play here?  Does this mean that ButtBiscuit's undertaker suits, or summer flood pants with blinding white tennies also have hidden meaning?  Is there far more to Victor's "haveanicedaynow" than simply being the only line of dialogue he remembers without cue cards?  Is Jack signalling to alien invaders with every eye scrunch?  Is Sharon's dead-eyed stare a clue that the invasion has begun?  Could Chelsea's painted on grimace smile mean she really IS a hand puppet?

Could Connor be behind it all?

But why, WHY, is it always the middle button?

And here I was complaining that Show was getting boring.

Well, Bust my buttons!

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

Ashley needs to get a grip, I still don't 100% doubt Tucker is being shady simply because he was aware of her movements when she went to Paris, and after she came back. But even still, there has got to be a better way for Ashley to get back at him than pulling up on him and breaking into his hotel room. I mean I hope so. 

Outside of that I do like seeing Ashley put up a fight(not futility/stupidly against Diane) for a change. If Ashley's has lost her mind or is just playing back with Tucker he better watch himself. She looks like she's out of fucks to give about anything. 

Nate take your captain save a ho cape off it's 2024. Adura is a big girl and if she wants to change her mind barley 2 weeks after selling you a dream & shitting on Tucker to being  in love with him again & paying you dust then have some dignity, take the L and shove your warnings up your ass. She didn't ask you. Even if Tucker is stringing her along(I'd say 50/50 chance) she obviously willing to risk it. So let her. 

I guess Sally learned how to say "thank you", or at least "thanks anyway but I'm good not working for your asshole dad", from the school of banana breath, neanderthal, dickwad because even while Adam was forward & foolishly ambitious with the pitch to Victor in the first place, the decision still would've been Sally's either way. So where does she get off acting put upon? Please get Adam away from her. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 7

Lauren's hair has been looking blonder and more fried recently, but I doubt that Victor's crack security team pays attention to such things. Jordan's wig does look a lot like Lauren's usual 'do.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Denize said:

Lauren's hair has been looking blonder and more fried recently, but I doubt that Victor's crack security team pays attention to such things. Jordan's wig does look a lot like Lauren's usual 'do.

I think Shari Lewis and her Lambchop could fool Victor's security team.

Lamb Chop Dancing GIF

I'm not sure the puppet couldn't fool Victor, too.  He'd probably think it was Seth.

youhaveanicedaynow.

• Fire 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Lol, Nikki was acting like she wanted to sniff Seth's breath to see if she could get a contact buzz.

Why was Nate loitering around the GCAC? He doesn't live there and isn't dating anyone who has a room there. He wasn't having a late business meeting either. 🤔

Audra actually said she's in love with Tucker. A few days ago she was thisclose to seducing Nate. Girl, bye.

Why was Victor running around at night instead of staying home to protect Nikki? Plus it must've been past his bedtime.

Still surprised Seth doesn't already have an AA sponsor.

Tucker, are you dense? When Ashley said she wanted peace, what she meant was a piece o' dat a$$. She's setting up the tried and true, "you don't dump me, I dump you" play, to be executed right after she gets you in bed one more time.

Ashley trying to throw down with Audra. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL! Go on with your batsh!t self, Ash. Audra can see you coming down Broadway like the Snoopy float.

I'm thinking Sally should flip the script on Adam and Victor by going to Tucker for the investment in her design business. She needs to be free of the Newmans financially.

Oh no, Tucker straight up lied to Audra about having just met with Ashley in his suite. Darn. 😒

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought show is prepping us for "Who killed Tucker?" Talking in bed with Audra about their "future," Crazy Ashley busting in his room to wait for him, his lying to Audra about that represent a foreshadowing, that  seems to be pushing his character in that direction to me.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
(edited)

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/advice/a33367/how-to-button-suit-jacket/

https://www.artofmanliness.com/style/outfit-guide/art-of-manliness-suit-school-part-iii-a-primer-on-suit-buttons/

@boes I was so focused on Nate’s eyebrow during his chat with Audra but I did notice his double breast suit and his not his usual smooth unbutton/button moves. Noticing men and their suit button moves is something I check.Victor, Billy, Jack are old school. Adam plays it rules/nahthemrules. I think Kyle was taught the rules by Diane during their plot to take over Jabot.

eta I think Nate is doing his double breast buttoning/unbuttoning wrong. 

second eta I am fascinated by men’s suit protocol. There is a twitter guy who was shared to me by a poster in the royals thread and he explained about the blazer/suit jacket rules.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought show is prepping us for "Who killed Tucker?" Talking in bed with Audra about their "future," Crazy Ashley busting in his room to wait for him, his lying to Audra about that represent a foreshadowing, that  seems to be pushing his character in that direction to me.

Yeah, to me too. I got a really bad feeling when Tucker was acting so happy with Audra. Also when he walked into his suite and Ashley was sitting there in the dark. It could've been a good time for her to whip out her Glock and end the Paris bistro argument once and for all.

I am annoyed about this Seth storyline. There was no character or relationship development. We were introduced to Seth a month ago and suddenly he is goo goo gah gah over Nikki. He is an odd duck.

Maybe someone in TPTB is doing the actor a favor by giving him this random role. The character of Seth was pulled out of thin air and I think he will likely disappear the same way.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I would be really really really really really mad if Show kills off Tucker.  I am already mad that they have completely wasted his character.  And the actor.  Jack and Victor are completely played out; as is Nick, but he is a fixture and  sadly in the coveted age group. Kyle is a non-entity and has no acting range. Devon is terrible and coma inducing.  Tucker has quirks and facets to his character that the actor brings out very well. Show is making him dull.

We could all write an essay on the state of the current actresses. And the cheap sets - especially considering that there are so very few of them. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

represent a foreshadowing, that  seems to be pushing his character in that direction to me.

This had me worrying that if Tucker goes, whoever killed him should also go (prison or non-extradition country) and I couldn't figure which main character the Show could lose.  Then I realized that none of the GC elite ever go to jail for their crimes-or even get convicted of them. (Nick, Victurd, Nikki, Phylth)  They get community service that they don't have to do.  I hate the two-tier justice stories, they drag on so and are criminally factually inaccurate, so please, don't kill off Tucker!

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The character of Seth was pulled out of thin air and I think he will likely disappear the same way.

Maybe he'll be the one to kill Tucker...😟

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…Lily is the CEO of CW. Or one of them anyway. She is not an owner. Jill and Devon own the company. So how does Lily get to decide that there won’t be a name change?

And is it a 50/50 split or does one of them own the majority share? And just how many co-CEOs does this company have?

also, go Chance, putting Nate in his place and telling him where to stick his attitude!

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

In the opening scene did Phyllis tell Danny she had his favorite " prunella"? I rewound it but am not sure. If so what is that?

I think she said brunello - a very expensive type of wine.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2