Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

IMO Jill joining forces with the Abbotts is fantastic. She and they have a long history, mostly against each other.

I floved the angelic face Tucker was trying to maintain in front of Mamie and Ashley. This guy. 🤠

Heh, Daniel all but declared Lily a saint for putting her kids first--even the ones who aren't born yet. Oh wait

On another soap forum posters have speculated about the reason a wildfire was used as Lily's excuse to leave town. They believe it's because CBS was doing lowkey promotion of their primetime series, Fire Country. That show takes place in Northern California.

Wasn't this the second or third time today (in GC time) Christine and Phyllis had an unexpected encounter? Meanwhile, it looked like Phyllis got her hair dyed a slightly darker shade. Not bad.

And wasn't this also the second or third time today Ashley and Tucker had engaged? Whatever, shortly before Thanksgiving she pretty much gave Glaçade to Tucker as a lovely parting gift. I don't see why he now has to offer her money for it.

Phyllis sitting in the Jazz Lounge with her coat on. Oy. The GCAC must not be paying their heat bill, lol.

I see you, Tucker, reeling Ashley in with this Glaçade thing. You didn't want to buy her out; you wanted to keep her connected to you. Achievement unlocked!

So glad CLB is back. Michael was as insightful and charming as ever.

Aw geez, what is Jill's amazing plan to distract Tucker? Good luck, hon. Tucker may not see you coming but he'll have a tripwire ready for when you arrive.

Shut up, Phyllis. No one in GC feels sorry for you so why don't you go eat some worms?

Daniel didn't offer to hang up Christine's coat after she entered his home. Rude. But then Danny didn't either so lack of common courtesy runs in the Romalotti genes apparently. 🙄

Re the previews: bring it, Aunt Jordan, you psycho!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

From the perspective of acting, Jill and Taz🌪️ can be sisters. 

Why does anyone think it’s a good idea to speak to Taz🌪️ and even giver her the opportunity to spew her vile retorts. 

Why does Daniel’s apartment look line one of those furniture displays at IKEA?  If I was Sally, I would be insulted, by the monkeys with a keyboard, attempt to make Sally look like something Chelsea would design 🤢🤮

Poor poor Taz🌪️ nobody loves her 🥲.  Not that she deserves any beside her idea of love it being able to contrive, metal, and interfere with impunity. 

I feel bad for Christian. It’s seems his bout with his medical condition cause the loss of his beautiful head of hair. 

The whole Tucker vs “The World” story line is so exciting, I hardly can keep my eyes open. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 12/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, boes said:

I don't understand Devon's deference to Victor, does anyone else have an idea?  Devon's been a witness to enough of Victor's machinations and misdeeds that him seeking him out for advice and guidance seems silly.  Frankly, if he is going to see Victor as some sort of a mentor then he should have the same attitude to Tucker.

It's Victor's fault we have Devon. Devon was troubled youth with a bad attitude. Victor opened an athletic center in the bad part of town and mentored bad children. Apparently Devon was the worst, so they bonded. Victor got Neil involved, yada yada yada, Neil and Dru adopted Devon. Devon owes his whole life to Victor for dragging him kicking and screaming from the gutter. Just another one of Victor's many misdeeds.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

The whole Tucker vs “The World” story line is so exciting, I hardly can keep my eyes open. 

I'm just sick of it. I know Tucker is supposed to be a dynamic character, and TSJ is certainly a dynamic actor, but I swear it feels like Tucker does nothing but smarm around town, threatening people and making revenge plots against those he blames for doing him wrong. Oh yeah, and pining endlessly for Ashley.

He deserves better. WE deserve better.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Everyone I hate gets to be happy, but what about me? Me, me, me. Diane and Cricket have their snouts in a trough full of my sloppy seconds, but I can’t get any secondhand dick to save my life. Cricket is so fucking rude, rubbing her date with Danny in my face. La dee da, she’s getting his special sauce in more ways than one. I don’t care. I don’t. Then my so-called bestie roasted me for faking my own death after he abandoned me to fix his mom’s hot mess. Who does that? Friends before family when I’m the friend. Children owe their grown ass parents NOTHING! Now my kids… they hate me. It’s not fair. I didn’t do anything to them, but they won’t meet me for a drink! I called my daughter, who pretended she had to work, and then I tried that other one. Where’s the respect? Bestie is trying to teach me to be a better person, but honestly, all I hear when he talks is BLAH BLAH BLAH. I want instant acceptance, not homework. You want to meet for a drink? I won’t tell Chelz. Unless it benefits me.

Signed;

Accept Me Now, Regret It Later

Dear Regret;

I… I don’t know where to begin. Oh wait, yes I do. Shut your everlasting gobstopper, cocaine bear. I’ve done some bad things; you, for instance, but as low as I have sunk, I didn’t pretend to die in a fiery wreck to frame some asshole for murder. That kind of bullshit tends to linger on the palate, you know? Kids don’t want to drink with their mothers, especially their narcissistic, self-pitying mothers. At least you have a best friend who will try to curb your worst impulses, even though that’s actually your responsibility. Teaching you to be a good person will be as successful as trying to teach Adam Newman not to smolder with raw sexuality or Nick to remember to remove the nipple clamps before leaving the house. Instead of worrying that others are happy, concentrate on how much joy your misery brings to others. Good luck!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

It’s been a loooong time since I’ve dated anyone, but tonight I accepted a dinner invite from an old flame. The food was excellent, the conversation pleasant and the making out perfectly adequate. I haven’t been intimate with a man for so long that I was ready to climb my date like an artfully dyed Christmas tree when his hand brushed mine across the table. You see, I was hitched for years to a man who chose a cage of denim over a passionate marriage. I’m willing to believe I once got pregnant via toilet seat, because not even a subatomic particle could breach the impermeable Levi barrier. What I’m getting at is that I was psyched for sex… until he put on some mood music for dancing. I’m certain it was his own creation, and it was excruciating. I wouldn’t even call it elevator music; would the next level down be escalator music? Play his song to a greenhouse full of vibrant, thriving plants overnight and you’ll wake up to a shed full of compost. This is so awkward.

Signed;

The Milquetoast Muse

Dear Muse;

We’ve all heard the siren song of boner killing behavior on the part of our lovers. Do you think it’s easy to pop some hardwood when my girlfriend sashays into the boudoir wearing Little House lingerie? I still let her use me as a butter churn, but getting the lovin’ oven pre-heated is no joke. If your sexual appetite is strong enough, you can overlook almost anything. I may be out of line here, as I’ve never heard this particular aural clam jammer, but it’s hard to believe it could cancel out the desire for intimacy that doesn’t include getting dry humped by a stonewashed pants poker. I will be sending you my famous pamphlet, Getting Busy with Buttbiscuit, which includes all the erotic advice any couple could want. Readers can order it for $69.69 (see what I did there?) plus shipping and handling. You’ll thank me for it.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Hello again, my benostriled friend. I dare say your sister has done it again, offering me something I want and then cruelly taking it away. My highly motivated legal team will make short work of her shenanigans, but this ridiculous game does have a silver lining. I can now execute one of my charming little schemes thanks to our battle over Glacade. The word Glacade will be repeated over and over again for the next several weeks, reaching a level of infamy once reserved for ‘reliquary.’ You will speak and hear the word Glacade so often that it will lose all meaning, becoming a nonsense term that inexplicably triggers discomfort in your soul. Glacade will be the key that unlocks your own personal Pandora’s box. See? I can get mythological too. Glacade.

Signed;

Glacade

Dear Glacade;

Do your worst. You’ve messed with the wrong family and are trying to compete with the wrong company. See, we’ve figured out that you plan to destroy Jabot from the inside by investing in an outside company. Ballsy, but I promise that Jack and I will need a wagon to carry deez nuts everywhere once the full scope of our plan is revealed. Will it make sense? Nah. Will I be taking all the credit for kicking your ass even though Adam provided our best piece of ammunition? Fucking right I will be. Glacade. Damn you to hell, Tucker McCall!

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, SiouxB said:

Since all the storylines are so boring (IMO),  I need to vent about something trite....it has bugged me forever that the tables at Society have no tablecloths.  It makes the place seem cold, not edgy....and the tables never look inviting...it irks me when they put the plates directly down on those tables....the tables never look clean...

Of course, every time I see someone dining at The Athletic Club and I see those white tableloths, I smile.

I know I know..... SiouxB......get a life :)

What I hate most is the black soup bowls they use as coffee cups.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

They believe it's because CBS was doing lowkey promotion of their primetime series, Fire Country.

A clever sort of "product placement", except instead of a box of a certain brand of breakfast material, it's hints at a CBS prime time series.

Just now, Js Nana said:

of breakfast material

I meant "breakfast cereal," where did my mind go, huh?

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

the loss of his beautiful head of hair. 

I didn't think his hair looked any the worse for what he's had to go through, but then I was so focused on the bizarre blue tint of Phyllis' teeth that I googled "blue teeth" and came across the following from a dentistry site called "SPEAR:" "The mouth contains a lot of red/magenta due to the gingiva. If set on auto white balance, the camera will compensate for these colors and mistake them for a color cast induced by a warm light. This compensation is what makes teeth appear blue or even more white than they are in real life." - so maybe it's the camera that makes MS's teeth look blue.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

*sigh* Adam deserves better than the woman who fucked his brother for the past year. 

Are you telling me that Nick fucking Sally didn’t prove what a desirable stud Nick still is, which I’m 99% sure is the reason that repulsive relationship happened? Surely his awkward tussle with a woman his mother’s age brought home what an absolute warrior the dude is. I can’t believe he hasn’t tried to run his wounded tit game on Sally to try to score sympathy sex. Adam does deserve better, but the heart wants what the heart wants. NGL, I really, really enjoy Nick losing.

I wish Cane hadn’t been mentioned; it left a greasy film on an otherwise underwhelming but inoffensive episode. He makes Nick and Billy look like paragons of class and sophistication. Poor Lily, stuck with that liver-lipped, cow tipping double flusher for eternity thanks to the kids.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Play his song to a greenhouse full of vibrant, thriving plants overnight and you’ll wake up to a shed full of compost

Danny's song sounds like a product they'd promo on Snake Oil. haha

• LOL 14

I wish we had had some time with Daniel and Heather when they were a happy couple. Then maybe I'd have some feelings about seeing them together. I liked them together when they left the show, years ago, but we never got much time with them together. I'm so team Daniel and Lily.

Claire resembles Cole. But what's up with the hair on Cole's face? As some have said upthread, what would be the point of this if she isn't Eve?

You know, we are NEVER going to see Lucy's room. And they're going to keep mentioning it ad nauseam. 

Damn, Drinkki sure can chug that vodka.

• Like 8
  • Love 8

So I guess the Jabot office set has been dismantled? I should have known something was up when they all suddenly had to work at home because of some electrical problem at the office. It hasn't been mentioned since, and now they all sit around the living room in full business attire, tapping on laptops and talking business. 

Soap opera budgets really suck these days.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@TVForever I am crossing fingers that there will be a sparkly new Jabot set. Ha, I kill myself. There won’t be. 

@SweePea59 I agree about  Lucy’s bedroom. Sick of hearing about it. Plus, I am at the OhMyFlippingGosh YR stop trying to make Sally happen!! stage of just send Sally back to BB. Daniel’s condo is awful.  Better yet, fire the set decorator also. I am sure all the furniture came from Noah’s dumbass night club set. Ggrrrrr I want Daniel to have a cool set, like that cramped artist’s apartment he had back in the day but adult condo version.

Also SweePea, yeah that laser precise scruff, that’s way too high on his cheeks, is visually off putting. The actor who plays Cole looks like he is for real recovering from starvation or something. He is Grim come to life from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.  He does not look healthy and not in a MTS is not wearing glamorous makeup way. I hate this whole plot.

To be even more shallow, if Claire sticks around they need to stop giving her stringy hair around her face when she returns to the office.  

I guess I agree with your whole post, ha, because I need visual context for why Heather is the bad guy in this triangle. Although my end goal is for Heather to say shoo shoo shoo with hand motions to Sally and then plop herself into Adam’s orbit. 

Three episodes to be caught up. ExCiTeD to see if I like the mentioned Adam beard! 

Edited by stewedsquash
Spells
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I suspect Claire will indeed be Victoria's daughter. I wonder if they will treat her like shit or welcome her. I want her to bond with Adam so badly. A romance unfortunately is.out since he's her uncle but please make them besties!

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, boes said:

I don't know how we're supposed to believe Nikki didn't remember the song heard in every strip routine ever filmed, unless Show wants us now to think that Nikki stripped solely to three string quartet renderings of Schubert and Stravinsky.  Nikki was a strong devotee of Thump it with a Trumpet and You Gotta Have a Gimmic, period

OMG--I am DEAD I tell ya, DEAD.

I go the flu for Thanksgiving, so from what I hazily remember the great Newman death-defying crisis lasted a whole hot minute. And I really don't care who Claire is.

Now, I have to put on my Fashion Police hat for a moment and issue an immediate APB for Lauren.  She must immediately hand over that schmatta--bronze sequins on a dress that was this close to showing her hoo-ha.  Really, she's a fashion icon?

On the other hand,Diane looked sublime in aubergine. She looks good in jewel tones. She looks like she dropped a little  weight when she changed to the black pants outfit.

Ashley is SO NOT DONE with Tucker. They aren't over yet, IMHO.

as someone who has spent time in a mental health facility, I take great offense at the use of looney bin.

My baby--GROSS and SKEEVY

and I have ALWAYS wondered why The Newmans kept liquor front and center when all know Nikki has a severe problem.  I am really impressed with her handling of the situation {so far}.

• Like 9
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I am really impressed with her handling of the situation {so far}.

Seeing as how Nikki's handling of the situation consists of hiding her drinking from her family, I have to say that I am not impressed.

7 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

The actor who plays Cole looks like he is for real recovering from starvation or something.

I think it's the sunken cheeks that make him look emaciated.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Seeing as how Nikki's handling of the situation consists of hiding her drinking from her family, I have to say that I am not impressed.

She had a slip and knew enuff to get herself back to a meeting.  Addiction is a bitch to get over. This time, it seems like she knows she has a problem and is determined to pull herself together, also MMV.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

And then promptly drive herself to an AA meeting!

I only wish she'd introduced herself to the AA group with "Hi, my name is Baby and I'm an alcoholic.  Can anyone blame me???"

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2

It wouldn’t be their first hookup. They had a thing back when original adult Adam came on the scene. I remember them swimming in the pool. Well they were in bathing suits; we didn’t see the ranch pool.

Edited by stewedsquash
Well not when
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3

And then promptly drive herself to an AA meeting!

Yeah, that was questionable. Maybe Victor's driver took her.

Or perhaps Nikki'll just keep doing it and have an accident, which will lead to her drunken reveal that she's the one who actually ran over Delia. That would have huge repercussions in both the Newman and Abbott families. Do it, JG!

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, TVForever said:

This is a completely random question, and I don't even know why it's occurring to me now...

Whatever happened to Zapato the dog?

I remember that Zapato died and they got another dog but I don't remember the new one's name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Also regarding Y&R pets, does anyone else remember when Diane died, Kyle was about 9 and Jack got him a tabby cat he named Brian? I still think of Brian from time to time.

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

That motel room looks very familiar. Does it have a special rate for felons to hide out?  

Michael are you that stupid?  Stop pontificating on what if and get the DNA test.  The DNA test will determine the next course of action. I’m sorry but didn’t Claire agree to a DNA test without conditions?  The monkeys with a keyboard changed the story and put conditions on the DNA test to free her first before the test. That would seem to favor that Claire is not their child but I hope she is. 

I ask once again why the vodka bottle is left out in the open?  It’s plain to see the bottle was full and now it isn’t so why is Victor blind to that fact?  

Is Groucho🥸🥸🥸🥸 not that grouchy anymore.  For now, 🥸🥸 will be removed.  

Even though Adam’s beard is kind of sparse,  I like it. Will they or won’t they, that is the question. Whether to suffer the slings and arrows of outrages fortune or to take up arms against a sea of troubles.  Please take up arms, Adam and Sally, and make most of us happy campers.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Whoa, either Cole is so tall or Michael is so not.

Ditto comments upthread re Cole's facial hair. Apparently he found a moment to see a barber and get his scruff tightened up. It's a interesting look for him, I think, if he's going for a cokehead writer vibe.

Wait, what? Isn't there an APB out for Jordan? How was she able to go to the jail as a visitor? Pretty bad security. (ETA: a freaking dream sequence. 😡 Well at least it wasn't in the dreaded sepia tone.)

I guess Michael is back to freelancing and is no longer Victor's consigliere. Good for him.

Come on, have someone visit Claire in jail and give her plate of food. Her DNA would then be on the eating utensils. Cole flying out to OR again just to scavenge Jordan's house for a hairbrush wastes time and jet fuel.

The poem Jordan texted Nikki is by Edgar Allen Poe, and a certain soap opera head writer is becoming predictable.

Nikki deep-throating a vodka bottle. Oy. Good thing Victor didn't see her or he might've felt jealous.

O hail naw, Adam. No. You look like a financial district pimp with that goatee. Sally probably shouldn't stand next to him lest someone mistake her for one of his working girls.

Is Michael licensed to practice law in OR or has Claire been extradited to WI?

Poor Victor (🙄) is utterly deluded about Nikki's strength and she's scared of disappointing him with the truth. Sigh. At least Nikki confided in Victoria, partially.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 11/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, Js Nana said:

You can't imagine it, I can't imagine it, anyone with a brain couldn't imagine it, but the writer(s) and producers think that the Y&R audience is composed of unquestioning airheads.

On 11/28/2023 at 7:41 PM, Js Nana said:

But I really am gonna throw a shoe at the TV if they try to shove Claire being Eve Nicle Howard all grown up on us.

Which of the GC families would you say have had the most baby's stolen at birth?

It's a soap and anyway, the all time champ is still AMC when Erica's abortion showed up 30+ years later.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:30 PM, Snaporaz said:

⬆️ I think Daisy abandoned Lucy at a church or something, and the woman who found her sold her to Rose DeVille's daughter Primrose DeVille (carrying on the family baby broker bizniss!), who sold her to Billy as a gift for Victoria.

I aways gave Billy a pass (well it was Billy Miller) because the DeVille woman answered his reluctance with an evil grin and assured him there was a market for pretty little girls. Billy grabbed the baby and booked.

• Like 7

During the convo with Claire, Vikki looked like a Swiss teenager and Cole her aged Grampa. 

Adam. Shave.

That 'stache and scruffy chin fringe is hanging out on too many faces lately.

Sally. Give. It. Up. She and Adam are one hot couple of misfits. 

I missed something back in the day. As Chloe was on her way to the "mental health facility" didn't she make a stop at the local sperm bank for a purloined donation ?? I kinda remember it was Billy's stash she raided, but maybe not. It would be very unlikely that Kevin could afford saving for a rainy day, so, who is Bella's daddy ?? NOT buying "random co-patient". 

Alone on a mountaintop cliff here....but I love Tucker. He is SO redeemable, he just needs true love. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Y & R may not be ahead in the category of "most stolen babies", but they lead in the "most swiped sperm" contest. Daniel...Kyle....Bella.

Which leads me to another topic...tampered-with DNA tests.  My antenna is up what with Cole being sent to retrieve a sample of Claire's.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whoa, either Cole so tall or is Michael so not.

Ditto comments upthread re Cole's facial hair. Apparently he found a moment to see a barber and get his scruff tightened up. It's a interesting look for him, I think, if he's going for a cokehead writer vibe.

Wait, what? Isn't there an APB out for Jordan? How was she able to go to the jail as a visitor? Pretty bad security. (ETA: a freaking dream sequence. 😡 Well at least it wasn't in the dreaded sepia tone.)

I guess Michael is back to freelancing and is no longer Victor's consigliere. Good for him.

Come on, have someone visit Claire in jail and give her plate of food. Her DNA would then be on the eating utensils. Cole flying out to OR again just to scavenge Jordan's house for a hairbrush wastes time and jet fuel.

The poem Jordan texted Nikki is by Edgar Allen Poe, and a certain soap opera head writer is becoming predictable.

Nikki deep-throating a vodka bottle. Oy. Good thing Victor didn't see her or he might've felt jealous.

O hail naw, Adam. No. You look like a financial district pimp with that goatee. Sally probably shouldn't stand next to him lest someone mistake her for one of his working girls.

Is Michael licensed to practice law in OR or has Claire been extradited to WI?

Poor Victor (🙄) is utterly deluded about Nikki's strength and she's scared of disappointing him with the truth. Sigh. At least Nikki confided in Victoria, partially.

Claire is still in Oregon. Michael can practice law in Oregon since a Wisconsin law license is valid in Oregon. The monkeys with a keyboard actually got something right. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
9 hours ago, pvandal said:

Why has Nikki not learned how to block numbers on her phone? 

Silly wabbit.  She's a baby.  Babies don't know how to block numbers.

I'm with Waldo13, I kinda sorta liked Adam's goatee, spotty though it was.  I also liked his hair.  Maybe the look should be toned down so the bare spots in the beard don't show as much, and it's vital that his hair never EVER assumes the bouffant bounce that Kyle has but all in all, Adam look refreshed and less drab.

I LOVED how Sally's little tap made big, strong(smelling) Nick jump like someone suggested it was time to change his Huggies.  What a baby.  Not to be confused with the kind of Baby his mother, Baby, is.  Oh, Baby......

Victoria thawed enough to have an actual facial expression, hurray!  Seriously, though, AH did some decent work today.  As did MTS.  The actress playing Claire also turned in another good performance.

4 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Alone on a mountaintop cliff here....but I love Tucker. He is SO redeemable, he just needs true love. 

I don't think you're too alone on that mountain top, at least not on this board.  Lots of us like, or at least appreciate Tucker.  I don't know though, if I want him redeemed by true love, since I kinda like snarky sociopathic Tucker, too.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

As Chloe was on her way to the "mental health facility" didn't she make a stop at the local sperm bank for a purloined donation ??

I think she did but then later on we found out she felt a little guilty so she also finagled to have sex with Kevin around the same time. When the DNA test was done Bella turned out to be Kevin's kid.

I remember it being a particularly dumb retcon because the sex with Kevin was nearly a couple of weeks later so odds are Billy's stolen swimmers missed the mark and Chloe wasn't pregnant anyway.

Also, I found the idea of Chloe having child by Billy without his consent so they could "replace" Delia was kinda sick given how Delia Johnny was conceived. Imagine a child growing up knowing they had to live up to their dead older sibling's lost promise. Awful.

Now about this new facial hair thing with Cole and Adam, I'd actually like it if they swapped styles. Since Cole is apparently trying to look edgy I think the thin-lined goatee would work better on him. Adam with some neat scruff could give him a bit of gravitas, as long as there's no gray in it like whatever that mess is on Nick's face.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
doh
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I hope you are not currently enjoying how the mighty Newmans have fallen. I’ve seen you make any number of classless remarks about my family in your pedestrian little column, and I simply cannot brook any further mean spirited attacks from the likes of you. I have two problems that should be easy to solve, even for someone of your low breeding. My husband has bestowed an utterly atrocious pet name on me. It gives my soul piss shivers to hear him mumble it. My second dilemma is that alcohol is displayed prominently in my home, and I have recently had my sobriety challenged. Granted, it is my responsibility to refrain, but a little common courtesy goes a long way. Please provide solutions to these problems forthwith, peasant.

Signed;

Maybe the Dingoes Ate His Baby

Dear Dingo;

Well, since you asked so nicely… I have long experience with unflattering nicknames and have deployed numerous tactics in response. Skinless Unbreaded Chicken Strip, The Human Leaf Blower, Booger Bank, Assless Chap, Flat Bastard… you take my point. I recommend giving the offender a taste of their own medicine, addressing them by a ridiculous pet name. Repeatedly call your husband something dumb and annoying like, I don’t know, yogurt dick. Be sure to say it in the most cloying way possible until he achieves enlightenment. Mockery is a very effective tool to deploy against tools. Of course, enlightenment may be impossible for the type of person who would leave large bottles of liquor on display in the home they share with an alcoholic spouse. That is the kind of problem that can only be solved by not getting romantically involved with sociopaths. Use some of that Newman fuck you money to hire a poor who can hide the booze.  PS: Was your family out of town? Notice the big welcome home bash Genoa City threw you guys? No? Take a hint, lady.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Me Nick! Me big mad! My bro rolled up on me today demanding to know just where the fuck his ‘family’ had been for a week. You could play tennis with the balls on that guy. Then, the girl we’ve been fighting over smashes into me and aggravates the ol’ war wound, probably on purpose. I kept my manly game face on and told that scruffy butt muffin to mind his own bidness. He’s gonna look so stupid when news of my heroic deeds spreads. See, I’ll share this with you because you got that swagger like me. I was in Oregon (it really is a state!), freeing the fam from a bloodthirsty tribe of amazons (not the website!) when I was hit by a poison arrow from the queen. Despite the venom in my stud blood, I staggered forward and met the leader in one on one combat, besting her easily until she pulled a shiv out of her bra and cut me a tit slit. Thanks to my heroics, the Newman family is safe and I’ve got a sexy scar for chicks to dig. I’m already in talks to produce an action film based on my thrilling rescue. A Hollywood playa just called me this morning, in fact. Perhaps you’ve heard of Mr. Heywood Jablome, director, media mogul and star maker? My bro is going to be so jealous! Put some respect on my name.

Signed;

Pick a Hemsworth Brother to Play Me

Dear Pick;

You think we all don’t know you got your nip clipped by a crazed senior citizen you were trying to put in a figure four leg lock? Dude, Victoria called me this morning to check on the kids. You know, you can catch more flies with banana pudding than with vinegar. Not telling your brother about the family’s trauma is nothing to smirk about, especially when he gazes deeply into your eyes with penetrating sincerity. Have you guys even told Abby or Summer about your little jaunt to Oregon? Abby is definitely suppressing her Newmanity, which is 100% understandable, but your asshole daughter swans about like she’s an honorary Abbott. Congratulations on your big movie deal!. You certainly didn’t get pranked by Adam, who needed to put a clothespin on his nad to stifle the giggling. I mean, I only know that - look, I wasn’t hiding under his bed, okay? Anyone who says I was is a dirty liar. Where was I? Oh yeah. I wrote my response to you while dropping a deuce in Society’s luxurious restroom, so consider that respect being put on your name. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

"Sanctum sanctorum." Heh, a phrase which ironically sounded dirty coming from Tucker's mouth.

How do Ashley and Jack know how much money Tucker has to lose? I'm confident he has bucks stashed away under different names and shell companies, in countries where it's easy to hide funds.

AYFKMWTS? Does Jill think Tucker caused the wildfires in Northern CA just to weaken C/W by moving Lily out of the frame? Oh please. And Mamie, C/W continues not to be "your" company. Please effing stop.

"...lost in the ethers." Cute, Mamie. You go ahead and let your dolt flag fly. Meanwhile, Jill, perhaps you shouldn't be having corporate strategy meetings in a public place where uninvited people can easily show up and refuse to leave.

Looks like Tucker and his never-ending, twisty schemes might be straining Audra's patience. Hmm.

I think Chelsea surprisingly had a good read on Billy's hyper behavior wrt the Abbott plan to take down Tucker. Maybe this time he'll actually heed Chelsea's caution versus only giving it lip service. I liked her high pony 'do too.

Not a fan of those poinsettia Christmas trees at the GCAC. Must take a lot of work to keep all those individual plants from drying out--assuming they weren't fake.

Interesting how cagey various Abbotts are being with each other despite having united to protect Jabot from Tucker. I can't wait until Jack's eyes get opened about Diane's duplicity.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3