Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

There are a lot of stupid things about this show right now, but Mamie listing Tucker’s full name in her phone contacts??? Apparently she isn’t the covert mastermind she thinks she is. I’m also with Nate…this mystery is getting boring. Spill it old lady. Why are you here?

Edited by pvandal
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Mamie as a business woman isn’t very believable. As a former maid to the Abbots she’s lovely. Barking at Nate to join Hamilton Winters she’s annoying. 
Plus Devon and Lily do not and should not trust Nate Hastings. 
“Bring me Kyle Abbott” I hope, I really hope that Kyle is playing along with these two In order to tip Jack off and get rewarded with his old job. However, I’m doubtful. Does he really think he can trust Tucker? 
Nate, has some nerve questioning Audra about keeping company with Kyle! He’s sacked up with his boss and is a disgusting creepy cad! I can’t wait till the Newman send his non parted ass packing.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Finally, a new day in GC.

Are envelope clutches back in style? Whatever, I bet Mamie's had hers since the disco era.

Ashley was looking kinda rough today. Hopefully she was only suffering from jet lag. (Yeah, she admitted it later in the episode, ha ha.)

Oh Kyle, you scamp. Look at you lowkey taunting your parents about a mystery job which would essentially be an end run around your entire family. Guess you have to take your tiny thrills wherever you can get them, huh?

Whoa, Audra's bright coat. Was that color a nod to the Barbie movie? Ehh. Her bag was impressive to me though.

Sly Audra sits on a park bench and works Kyle with ease. Maybe too easily...🤔

Ditto comments upthread, did Mamie want Nate to see that text from Tucker? If not you'd think she'd be more careful with her phone. Or Tucker would use an alias.

Nate's going to run and tell Lily and Devon about Mamie and Tucker. 🎶Here he comes to save the day! Mighty Nate is on the way!🎶

Jack, Jackie, Jack, Jack, Jack. You must be having memory issues like your pal Victor. Ashley already told you not to try to boss her around wrt Tucker. You better stop.

Kyle standing up to Tucker. It is to laugh?

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

The last few minutes of Friday’s episode there was Sally and Adam burning up the TV screen and not even a hint of a follow up today. How very disappointing.  

The 🐂💩 scenes between Auntie M/Nate and Ashley/Tucker were 🥱🥱😴

Throw in Audra/Kyle and we have a trifecta of 🥱🥱😴

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I have one child left to me, and he’s a massive disappointment. I mean it. This kid sucks the hind tit. Meanwhile, the superannuated Garbage Pail kid across town, Victor Newman, has four of them and isn’t grateful for a single one. A couple of them are rather appalling, but at least they are interested in his love and approval. My son struts around, smirking it up and smarting off unprovoked. He believes he’s owed the top job at the family company, which is currently occupied by his uncle. Sadly, while his uncle is a giant putz, he at least occasionally works instead of surfing artsy beret erotica on the clock. My son genuinely thinks he’s earned success instead of understanding that he mostly gets by due to the silver spoon he’s fellated all his life. His mother even suggested that I step down and hand him my position. WTF? Is this my fault? Why is my kid such an entitled, arrogant little shit? I think he might be crazy too, as he has an imaginary son that no one has ever laid eyes to. I’m certain he’s up to something underhanded because he’s taken his douche game to dizzying new heights. I just don’t know where I went wrong.

Signed;

Grimace (But not the McDonald’s kind)

Dear Grimace;

Blah blah blah. Lately, all my letters are from people betraying their family, betrayed by their family or worried about a possible betrayal. If someone was scripting the lives of GC residents, one might say that person hasn’t had an original thought since the T-Rex was rampaging across the land, hilariously waving its tiny arms around without a human audience to appreciate it. So much corporate intrigue that somehow fails to be intriguing… Let’s get down to brass tacks, though, and guide you through this crisis. Sometimes, a parent can do everything right in the world and their children can still turn out to be dillholes. Recently, I caught my son inviting his friends over to throw coins in my nose while I napped on the couch. I grounded his ass and kept that $34 in quarters for my chest waxing fund. You gotta treat yourself, you know? Don’t be afraid to stand firm when it comes to your child’s titty fit; his mother is probably encouraging his spoiled behavior, so you need to be a counterbalance to her foolish ways. Your son sounds dumber than a haddock, tbh, and will probably get rolled like pizza dough when trying to work some angle. Stay strong!

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I’m in a bit of a bind. My boss is trying to put one over on his family and wants to use me as a pawn in his game. He’s trying to sell me on the idea that he sincerely believes he’s losing his mind in the hopes that I’ll… I really don’t know what he hopes to gain. I gave him sound advice, and he swore me to secrecy in a menacing fashion. Maybe he really is senile, because he forget I already helped his decrepit ass fake a health crisis once. I think he bought my credulity. See, I used to have a side part that acted like a blinker, sort of an emotional turn signal if you will. I cleverly had my stylist remove it, so now no one knows what the hell I’m up to. I could zig while my opponent zags or make a sudden three point turn in a conversation. You just don’t know. Unfortunately, my boss is also my girlfriend’s father, so I don’t see any way this turns out well for me. I could have an ‘in’ with the family I fucked over as I found some juicy intel on our aunt’s business dealings with the village prick. Maybe I could just bail on the whole tyrant enabling drama, though I won’t get laid for a while. What would you do?

Signed;

Ain’t No Party Like a No Part Party

Dear Part;

Very clever, sending this from your assistant’s laptop and email account, knowing how tantalizing I’d find his name in the from field. I guess you are a master of unexpected moves. You are also royally boned, because you either keep mum about the top dog’s scam and piss off your girlfriend OR you tell your girlfriend and your boss uses you as bait to lure a succubus into his ritual chamber. Personally, I’d give up the sex and GTFO. Don’t let your ambition lead you into a trap. I minimize the amount of ambition I exercise just to avoid pitfalls like the one you’ve fallen into. Let me also warn you that there is no such thing as “juicy intel” when it comes to big business in Genoa City. There are only vague generalities that, if you’re lucky, might ever so slightly imply something mildly disconcerting. Don’t count on whatever it is to move the needle.

Dear Buttbiscuit;

My estranged wife showed up at my door looking disheveled, overly blonde and clown mouthed. I mean, I would have still hit it if she was into it, but she was just there to work me and pump me for info. Boy, did she ever bring her Z game. Here I was, looking cool and dapper in my turtleneck of virile vitality, and she’s all over the map with half-assed apologies and halfhearted declarations of wanting to work stuff out. She’s trying to glean my true intentions, yet she cannot resist attempting to get me to take a share of the blame. I was so disappointed by her performance. Oh, in case you’re wondering, one of the irons I have in the fire is fucking over Jack Abbott and his pet aardvark, Billy. I’m going to launch Jack’s son into Jabot like a water balloon filled with piss just to see what happens. Take an umbrella to work for the next year!

Signed;

They Should Be Called Tuckernecks

Dear Tuckernecks;

Trying to use the man in question to further your business goals is like using steel wool to wipe your ass. There are only pain and regret to look forward to. Hopefully you have some back up options, like sugar in Jack’s gas tank or affixing a KICK ME sign to my back. If you can weaponize hat fucking and pompadours, more power to you. At least all the haters around here will forget about Jaboat by the time Jabouffant is through. Eat shit, McCall.

• Like 1
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

They Should Be Called Tuckernecks

NinjaPenguins, all of your post is utter and hilarious brilliance, but nothing absolutely NOTHING can evah top Tuckernecks. 

Long may they reign!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Ain’t No Party Like a No Part Party

OMG, OMG, OMG, my soul is leaving my body. Or it was at o'dark thirty when I read this the first time. So much funny, and it hits you all sneaky like. 🥴

On a slightly tangential note, for some reason I've put more than an idle amount of thought into how Nate's side part disappeared overnight. It looked to me like it had been shaved in, not merely combed, so I was intrigued. After some googling I decided the magic was due to this:

a2XM7Hs.jpg

Yea, that's the ticket!

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Guys STAHP!! I am laughing so hard I can’t breathe ! Tuckernecks and Toppik? 
Bwahahaha! 
Audra must feel like a cradle robber. Ashley looks rather exhausted and Victor is an ass. 
Nick, Sally and Adam are just ewwwwwwwww! 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
Word correction
  • Like 6
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Mamie as a business woman isn’t very believable.

True that.  I also have a hard time believing that the Abbott children remember her as this nurturing, loving woman.  (Original Mamie I might have believed.) Or that John Abbott could have had a romantic interest in her.  Right now she comes off to me as a very irritating, pushy, bossy old woman who somehow believes just because someone gave her a million dollars she is now this corporate firebrand that will bring her "family" together through their (actually, Devon's, as someone pointed out above) companies.  Back off, old woman.  No one asked you to meddle in anyone's affairs.  Lily and Devon are just fine without Nate and Nate is running in a whole different direction.  Take your millions and go on another cruise.

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Well I guess Mamie and Tuckers love affair has gone the way of Nate’s part. I was way off on that one.
I wonder if Devon thought Audra and Kyle were in Tuckers room for a threesome. Why would people be having all these meetings in a hotel room? It’s not appropriate! 
Jack would have been better off going with outside hires for upper management if his choices are Kyle and Billy. I guess he’s thinking with Kyles hair and Billy’s nostrils they will be an unstoppable team but it’s time for Jack to wake up and smell the Pantene as well the Vicks nasal spray.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 14

Lawd help me, now I can't look at Tucker in his slim jeans and turtleneck without thinking of land crabs. 😱

Tucker said Audra told him Kyle is tenacious. Well, sure, I guess Kyle's peen is tenacious on Audra's cooch.

Jack still had his boxers in a twist about Ashley planning to handle Tucker on her own. Yeesh.

During Ashley and Mamie's conversation was Ashley intimating that Tucker had abused her? Mamie sure seemed to take it that way.

Nate is slowly easing back into Lily and Devon's good graces. His immediately going over to Lily's place to tell them about Mamie's text from Tucker probably helped a lot.

The Abbott family patriarch was not doing so great in his job. IMO Jack  shouldn't have told Billy Kyle wants to be the Jabot co-CEO again. He might as well toss the two of them in a cage and make them fight it out.

Kyle, crawling up Tucker's a$$ about Ashley is not the way you want to go. Ashley doesn't need you defending her honor. Tucker doesn't need you getting sassy in his face while you're in a defensive position. Shut up.

Pssht, Devon, Mamie is many things but "innocent" is not one of them. Aunties tend have their own kind of messiness, especially ones from Mamie's generation.

Um, Mamie, your family--the Barbers--has never controlled C/W. Devon, the owner of the W side, is not actually your family, and Lily is only a C/W employee. What were you even talking about, wanting to return control of C/W to your family?

Okay, Tucker, today you saw what a ditz you were in cahoots with. You have my permission to steamroller right over Mamie. But my guy, ease up on the fibbing. You're struggling to keep all your lies straight.

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

Wow!  Sally and Adam must be in a marathon love making session. Another day without pillow talk but we have to endure plenty of pillow talk from Audra/Kyle, Smugly Smug Smug/ Groucho🥸🥸🥸, and Sally/Banana Breath🦍

Instead we get another 🥱😴 episode of intrigue and counter intrigue.  

Nostrils you are such a putz!  You worked your ass off to get where you are today?  I guess embezzling, buying Jabot, loosing Jabot in a card game, having an affair with your brother’s wife, and fucking over Lily, has earned you the CEO position.  Nobody sees that if wasn’t for a family ties, there wouldn’t be any executive positions in the C-Suite. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wonder if Devon thought Audra and Kyle were in Tuckers room for a threesome.

LOL, I thought about that.  There was a Saturday Night Live skit about 10 years ago called "3-Way." It's really funny, you can find it easily with a search.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6

When Audra and Kyle knocked on Tucker's door, I really wish he'd answered it holding a big bowl of Halloween candy, gave some to each, complimented Kyle on his "big Boy" costume and closed the door in their faces.

Another day, another ButtBiscuit snit because Jack declines to kiss his flat ass and tell him he's the best thing since sliced baloney to happen to Jabot.  Why doesn't ButtBiscuit go and sponge off his mother's company for a change and give Jack and Jabot a rest?  Oh, because Jill would rather have a root canal than her putz of a son working for her.

ButtBiscuit has no business working for a cosmetics company, anyway.  With his looks and demeanor, he's much more suited to selling embalming supplies or wholesale manure.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12

I just can't with this Mamie storyline:

1.  She really is not even a Winters. She is the great aunt on Dru' s side. NOT a Winters.

2.  She is in her 80s, possibly 90s if you follow the history. She raised the Abbott's and they are in their 50s and 60s.

3. She came into money, not due to business acumen or a job making that kind of money. How is she suddenly a businesswoman?

4. She was a wise and kindly mother figure. When did she turn into a bitch?

5. She didn't have to take the million bucks from Jill. And she turned it into 10 million. She should be thanking Jill. It was her choose to take the money.

If my great aunt in her 80s who I barely knew came in trying to take charge I would tell her to gtfo of town.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

No Megan Markle bubble gum  pink is not your color. Just sayin'

Please recast Maimi.  Sh enunciates.every.word. as if it were. gospel.on high. 

Help me out there as I have forgotten--what dastardly thing that TUCKER  did while they were in Paris? I can't think Ashley is quite done with him.

How long before Nostrils and Jack come to blows over Kyle?

I GUESS megan got custody of the black bra this week.

I thought I Saw Nate trying to think how Victor's plan could work to his benefit. AND FUCK YOU NATE after giving Meqan and Kyle shit about their relationship while you are  banging your boss.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Please recast Maimi.  Sh enunciates.every.word. as if it were. gospel.on high. 

Nah, I say just let Tucker put a hit out on her for reneging on their deal. He has to stop her before she spills all beans to Lily and Devon. Or have Nikki overhear Mamie trash-talking a Newman and then let Nikki murder her with her bare hands. 😈

4. She was a wise and kindly mother figure. When did she turn into a bitch?

IKR? Back in the day Dru did occasionally get nasty with people but it was usually in response to something wrong they did. Olivia wasn't always saintly either. But their Aunt Mamie constantly acts like a biatch for no apparent reason. It's not appealing to me.

When Audra and Kyle knocked on Tucker's door, I really wish he'd answered it holding a big bowl of Halloween candy, gave some to each, complimented Kyle on his "big Boy" costume and closed the door in their faces.

It's funny, did the show acknowledge Halloween at all this year? I remember when most of the cast would wear costumes but lately it seems like mostly only the kids dressed up. But now the kids have disappeared so YR is like, "Nothing to see here, move on." Weird.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Help me out there as I have forgotten--what dastardly thing that TUCKER  did while they were in Paris? I can't think Ashley is quite done with him

You didn't miss it- whatever it was happened offscreen. So far, we've been fed bits and pieces as told by Tucker, and now, Ashley. And I remember some stupid "flashback" scene at what was the high school play equivalent of a Paris cafe, but we never saw a full scene of what went down.

All "tell", no "show"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

Lol, Mariah and Lily should start a club: Women Who Carry a Gigantic, Strategically Placed Tote Bag--For Reasons. CG was glowing today. 💝

Adam. You should've called in sick and put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Screw Nate. Well, not literally. Save that for your ladylove.

Must be nice, Kyle. You don't have to pay for lodging. Your meals are free. You can lounge around complaining about how you're not being given your fair piece of the Jabot pie. Wah, wah, wah, Bouffant Boy.

Geez, Chelsea must have a GPS tracker on Billy given how easily she found him at the park.

Multiple injections of Adam's vitamin D must have been just what the doctor (not Nate though) ordered for Sally. She was glowing too.

Victor is now driving his kids nuts by insisting he's not nuts after they tell him the nutty stuff he's done. I'm kinda starting to like it. Except for the part where Nate gets to think he's Victor's trusted confidante.

Chelsea's hair looked a lot better, I thought. Nice blowout. I liked her earrings too.

And then Billy the reanimated corpse had to remove his shirt. My eyes! 😵‍💫 Dude, eat a sandwich. With all the fixins.

Kyle should listen to Mariah. I think she was giving him plenty of good advice. Too bad Kyle didn't tell Mariah about his recent plans with Tucker because she would've right chewed him up one side and down the other.

Oh Nick, trying to get snarky with Adam about Sally was not the cool move you thought it was. Chile, you don't even know: Adam removed all traces of you from Sally last night. (Plus he was decent enough not to brag, tee hee.)

Dang, Summer was definitely not here for Chloe today. I think she might've been thisclose to firing her. Oh well.

Ew, I sure hope Chelsea took a shower before she went to work. Nobody wants to go in for a hug or a handshake and catch a whiff of Eau de Nekkid Billy on her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

Excuse me Groucho🥸🥸🥸 but haven’t you been exploiting your father’s heath for a job title. Ever since you were demoted you were telling everyone, within ear shot, that something had to be wrong with your father for making that decision and other decisions she deemed to be rash.  Groucho🥸🥸🥸and Banana Breath🦍🦍 your obsession with Adam is more about your inadequacies and entitlements than anything else. 

As I was thinking, that was a marathon session of love making from Friday to Wednesday 😜. No wonder they passed out. 

I might be bias to Adam and Sally but when they have a love making scene, they seem to enjoy themselves.  In all other love making scenes, it seems forced and totally mechanical.  That’s why other love scenes are mostly quickies but not quick enough 😝

Mrs Chipmunk do you have to be so combative all the time. Adam is one thing but Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ is your boss. Just STFU and do what she wants.  I had to laugh when Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ was talking about sales being down. That’s what you get for hiring Chelsea and Mrs Chipmunk. 

Yes Banana Breath🦍🦍, I did cum from Sally’s “room” and I gave her something she never experienced, with you, without faking.  Banana Breath🦍🦍 knows how hard he tried, he could never measure up Adam and erase Adam from Sally’s mind.  

Chelsea get out of bed and get your attack 🐿️ out of Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️’s face. Are you fucking kidding me Mrs Chipmunk? You and Chelsea know better than Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️😂😂😂.  It seems that Mrs Chipmunk is high on her own farts. 

Is it me or has Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ become more attractive since she’s separated from Kyle?  I guess ogling Chance also helped.  

• Like 8
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Kyle gets worse every day. He’s a snotty, entitled little boy who believes it’s only what he wants that matters in the world.

Diane really miscalculated.  She should have waited till now to fake her death, and convince Jack to do the same, just so they could both escape that entitled Oompah Loompah who calls himself their son.

I hope all this playacting by Victor backfires and he gets his saggy ass locked up at the Happy Dale Home for the Terminally Entitled.  There has to be a padded room with his name on it, somewhere.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Dear Buttbiscuit;

Your advice column is fine, as far as it goes, but it definitely lacks a woman’s perspective. Imagine how much you could enrich the lives of Genoa City residents by partnering with a warm, loving maternal influence. Might I recommend a woman who knows you intimately and can complement your bold style with a lighter touch? This woman has a near infinite supply of wisdom gleaned through adversity, and no one would dare challenge any of it thanks to her “Get Out of Jail Free” card, a suicide attempt. Why, this multitalented lady has gathered such an abundance of life lessons that she created a video game with them and still has plenty left to power your column for decades. When would you like me to start?

Signed;

She Who Gasps Last Gasps Best

Dear Gasps;

New column, who dis?

Dear Buttbiscuit;

I feel like I need to share something important with all my fellow gals out there. You don’t actually have to settle for fifteen seconds of being humped like the leg of a horny dachshund’s owner or wake up to a curious wet spot that wasn’t there hours earlier. I feel like such a fool. I’ve always liked smart dudes, but fell under the spell of a man who rents a storage unit to hold all his bottled farts. That’s not a metaphor for anything; he literally has a mason jar on hand to grab “when his gas tank gets full.” Ladies, find a man willing to do stuff other than sit around your suite, picking his nose and hoping you’ll give him the green light to funk up your bedsheets with his pants jam. Have you ever seen a grown ass adult bite his own toenails? Don’t. Then imagine that same guy having the stones to lecture you on your faults! Ugh. I feel like I’ve been hibernating in a bunker full of bananas and am breathing fresh air for the first time in years.

Signed;

Nick Newman Has a Small Penis

Dear Small;

I just really need to get more information on this storage unit full of contained flatulence. It seems like a fire hazard? You also have to worry about residents with abnormally large and sensitive nostrils. I wish we had more than one cop in this one horse town. Anyway, I’m happy to give you a platform to encourage other women to make better romantic choices, as I consider myself a member of that category. Congratulations on finding your bliss with an undoubtedly tall, dark and handsome Greek god whose smoldering gaze strips away your defenses and leaves you sinfully naked. Let those long, graceful fingers play a beautiful sonata that climaxes in unimaginable ecstasy. Um, good luck and stuff.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Congratulations on finding your bliss with an undoubtedly tall, dark and handsome Greek god whose smoldering gaze strips away your defenses and leaves you sinfully naked. Let those long, graceful fingers play a beautiful sonata that climaxes in unimaginable ecstasy.

Billy unknowingly describing Adam this way either tickles me or grosses me out. I can't decide which. 🤨

Meanwhile, I guess this is Summer's Boss Lady uniform:

March 2023
Ryy5Y86.jpg

November 2023

o6sxi73.jpg

• Like 6
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

So what was Nikki'sstripper name? And did she speak "Lady in the Manor"?

I've always hoped that Nikki would have taken a page from these ladie's book, 

but somehow I doubt it.

I'd love to see her thump it with a trumpet, at the very least.

• LOL 13
On 10/31/2023 at 8:35 PM, Kimboweena said:

LOL, I thought about that.  There was a Saturday Night Live skit about 10 years ago called "3-Way." It's really funny, you can find it easily with a search.

I mentioned that skit to someone the other night in a discussion about Justin Timberlake. It's one of the few things I can still tolerate him in. Andy and Lady Gaga are a big part of that.

RIP to Suzanne Somers since Chrissy is parodied in this.

I was watching the show earlier this week when Ashley was visiting Tucker in his hotel room. I don't remember Trevor St. John being as thin as he is now. I kept thinking how much older he looks so the age difference between him and Eileen isn't noticeable at all. I hate that I let the way someone looks distract me that much. I still love him as an actor and hope his Tucker doesn't end up written into oblivion in the same vein as Ashland. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

I’ve got nothing to joke about today. I was never into the Cricket/Nina story as a youngster, so those flashbacks did nothing for me. I feel that this episode does pose a number of questions; for an episode about Christine, there was too much of Phyllis’ perspective. A lot of Christine’s story is tangled up with that toxic landfill, but it really seemed like show wanted me to feel bad for Phyllis because Christine was such a big meanie to her. Oh, and what the fuck with the vehicular manslaughter elephant in the room? Are you fucking kidding me? JG should be fired yesterday. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

. Oh, and what the fuck with the vehicular manslaughter elephant in the room? Are you fucking kidding me? JG should be fired yesterday. 

This! And don't get me started on the Nikki spawn twins. Every time they sneer Adam's name I shout KIIDNEY and he saved B Breaths ass when he could have shrugged. Sharon he also saved Noah when blind (if I remeber rigt)

sorryfor the typing but broke my rt arm a few days ago

• Like 3
  • Hugs 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crowsworks said:

This! And don't get me started on the Nikki spawn twins. Every time they sneer Adam's name I shout KIIDNEY and he saved B Breaths ass when he could have shrugged. Sharon he also saved Noah when blind (if I remeber rigt)

sorryfor the typing but broke my rt arm a few days ago

I hope your arm heals quickly and properly. 🤗

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1

I am not much of a Cricket fan and definitely not Phyllis but I was such a sucker for today’s show. I was a teen when Nina rolled into town and that is when I started watching. I saw actors my age on the show (and Phillip III was dreamy).
This proves one of the things wrong with this show. No younger people/stories. If they want new viewers to get hooked, get stories about them. 

• Like 11
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m very impressed with how much long time fans really hate Cricket & nearly universally told her so on social media.

I understand good old days but I do get the impression that nepotism is what made it very difficult for them to accept her even in 40 years of trying to win them over! 

Personally, I consider Cricket one of the most important faces to remember even if I rolled my eyes at some of her storylines. I’m aware that it was difficult for her to break free from this trap of easy job for life. I’m sure some actors would’ve loved to trade that with her but if you’re a fan of her then I’m happy for you only today 😉… ok fine even rest of your lives! I promise! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

One thing I'll say for LLB (Christine), she's had good work done. She could probably pass for 10 years younger as long as no one noticed her hands.

Christine referred to Jeremy Stark as Phyllis' romantic partner and Phyllis didn't dare correct her.

Hey, it's Nina. Wonder if Chance knows his mommy's in town?

A thorn in Christine's side? Phyllis, YOU TRIED TO KILL HER! In a normal world your intended victim wouldn't even acknowledge your remorseless existence.

Christine, Nina, Lauren, and Phyllis each have long hairstyles with center parts. Seems like the female equivalent of Danny, Billy, and Nick having solidly dark hair with no gray. Play all the coiffure games you want, GC oldsters. Father Time remains undefeated.

Gosh, the flashback of Danny forcibly kissing Christine was hard to watch. IMO it's unfortunate that kind of move is still an acceptable romantic trope.

Lol, apparently Lauren teleported from the GCAC over to the coffeehouse.

Does DD receive residual pay for appearing in flashbacks? The two today were full-color too, not the weird sepia-toned stuff the show is using now.

I forgot Christine was pregnant the second time she got hit by a car. it's a wonder she doesn't have an automobile phobia.

Phyllis in competition with Christine for Danny's attention. It's like déjà vu all over again. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

I loved every second of today's show, in no small part due to how expertly it tapped into that huge vein of sap I've got running through me.  From the moment Nina appeared I knew this one was a keeper for me.

I never disliked Christine, even though she was shoehorned into a lot of storylines, and was a major focus in so many others in her heyday.  But I always loved LLB and we actually got to watch her become a better actress.  Same thing for Tricia Cast.   TC's Nina was, and remains, one of my favorites.  She's always managed to make that character seem very real and down to earth for me.  I'm hoping we get to see Nina interact with Chance and Dom, and maybe give Abby one of her patented Death Stares, just for fun.

Too much Phyllis, but then, for me, any Phyllis, past or present, is too much.  Nice seeing everyone in their younger days and it was a good reminder of what a fresh face young Danny was, too.

I know today wasn't for everyone, but what a relief to not have to see any Newman, past or present, at least for a day, right?  

Edited by boes
  • Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3

Skipped today's episode as quick as I understood it was going to be JG's equivalent of "The Way They Were." Show comes during naps' primetimes for me. If I'm going to have to deal with "flashbacks," my own dreams are more photogenic than anything Y&R has recently offered up.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

I will never tire of watching Adam Newman. Liked MMs portrayal as well, but MG really grabs my attention.  He does a lot with little nods or stares.  Loved the near grin he suppressed yesterday when Nick accused him of stalking Sally.  

That said, I used to like Victoria (esp when she began dating Billy) and Nick.   But their one-note Adam hate is ridiculous.  Do the writers want us to hate them? Or their even more awful parents?  The sad thing is I think the writers don’t even know. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I enjoyed the Cricket tribute show way more than I thought I would as I was never a fan. But what a cutie she was when younger and happy. She is still very attractive but always looks so serious.

I was watching General Hospitals Halloween show today and my God if you want to see the difference between GH and Y&R this was the show to watch. They had more children than you can shake a stick at. And they had actual realistic relationships with their parents and grandparents. The costumes were top notch and it was a fun show. And Y&Rs Halloween show? Oh that's right there was none. Just Christine flashbacks.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I came back for the Cricket ep because I live to watch soap flashbacks from the long ago past. Seeing Nina was a lovely surprise.

I had forgotten how utterly insufferable Phyllis was, even back then.

And I still can’t stand Danny’s too dark hair. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Is it me or does Taz🥱’s teeth look especially blue today.  Also, Taz🌪️ should stay away from natural light because it makes her look washed out.  Taz🌪️ is a hemorrhoid that is a constant pain in the ass to almost everyone who she comes in contact with.  

The episode was a lot better than I thought and gave me a better perspective of the past. One thing for certain is that Taz🌪️ is an equal opportunity non discriminatory fake bitch. 

As an aside, Christian LaBlanc hasn’t been on the show in recent months because he’s battling cancer. Now in remission, he should return by the end of November. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

I loved every second of today's show, in no small part due to how expertly it tapped into that huge vein of sap I've got running through me.  From the moment Nina appeared I knew this one was a keeper for me.

I never disliked Christine, even though she was shoehorned into a lot of storylines, and was a major focus in so many others in her heyday.  But I always loved LLB and we actually got to watch her become a better actress.  Same thing for Tricia Cast.   TC's Nina was, and remains, one of my favorites.  She's always managed to make that character seem very real and down to earth for me.  I'm hoping we get to see Nina interact with Chance and Dom, and maybe give Abby one of her patented Death Stares, just for fun.

Too much Phyllis, but then, for me, any Phyllis, past or present, is too much.  Nice seeing everyone in their younger days and it was a good reminder of what a fresh face young Danny was, too.

I know today wasn't for everyone, but what a relief to not have to see any Newman, past or present, at least for a day, right?  

All of this!  I'm about the same age as LLB, so I was way too invested in all of the Cricket/Nina/Phillip stories.  And Cricket's unwaivering disdain for Phyllis makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  

Can someone refresh my memory regarding who was driving the car that hit Cricket?  I can't remember if it was drunk Nikki with sober Neil taking the blame, or the other way around.  And did the actual guilty drunk ever fess up, or is it still a secret?  

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I was watching General Hospitals Halloween show today and my God if you want to see the difference between GH and Y&R this was the show to watch. They had more children than you can shake a stick at. And they had actual realistic relationships with their parents and grandparents. The costumes were top notch and it was a fun show. And Y&Rs Halloween show? Oh that's right there was none.

I happened to catch the beginning of GH today and was shocked to see characters dressed as Princess Leia and Darth Vader. Then I remembered Disney owns the Star Wars movies as well as ABC/GH. They weren't going issue a cease & desist on their own properties. (Warner Bros. stopped music producer Diddy's Halloween plans to appear as the Joker and he responded by dressing up as Batman, lol.)

Yeah, the difference between how GH acknowledged Halloween and the way Y&R did not was astounding. I can't understand how Y&R manages to stay at the top of the ratings when it seems like they're barely putting forth any effort anymore.

I'm hoping we get to see Nina interact with Chance and Dom, and maybe give Abby one of her patented Death Stares, just for fun.

Me too, especially since Chance seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. (Per his IMDb page, the actor has been working on several outside projects.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Can someone refresh my memory regarding who was driving the car that hit Cricket?  I can't remember if it was drunk Nikki with sober Neil taking the blame, or the other way around.  And did the actual guilty drunk ever fess up, or is it still a secret?  

Neil grabbed the wheel from Nikki right before they plowed into Christine, but I think she would have been hit either way.  Nikki ended up taking the blame, I think believing all would be forgiven since it was her because of Paul and their shared son, Block O'Wood aka Dylan.  Much to her surprise, she got charged with vehicular manslaughter and then Neil confessed that he did it.  As I remember, the trial went forward, charging Neil instead of Nikki but the district attorney ended up dismissing the case because of something shady Hillary either did or info she had about the district attorney.

In any case, it seems broadsiding Christine is always a no-fault crime in Genoa City.  But, I think that was the absolute LAST time Christine ever tried shopping at Rexx Rugs.

Edited by boes
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I fast-forwarded through most of yesterday’s show. As a longtime viewer about the same age as LLB I well remember the original story so didn’t need the background reminder on these characters.  I am surprised at how distressed I am at the thought of two almost year 60 year old women fighting over the same guy they did as 20 year olds. It’s just pathetic. And I particularly don’t care for any of the three in the love triangle, but I don’t usually consider the women pathetic.

That said I did squee “NINA!” When Tricia Cast showed up on screen.

• Like 7
  • Love 3