Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

SPLAT!!  Hear that?  Yet one more of Josh Griffin's storylines lands like a wet sack of garbage.  All the violins, all the sad voices, all that utter b.s. that came out of Mariah's mouth, topped off by the bullshit buffet served up in every pushed out lower lip, every watery eye, every choked up syllable that quivered out of Phyllis' throat - all of it - nothing but enough manure to make a field bloom into clover.

Here's hoping Christine gets herself a rental car and takes out both Phyllis and Heather on her way to the airport to meet up with Tightpockets.

Was that judge wearing a clown outfit under her robe because all she was missing was the red rubber nose and water-squirting lapel flower.

ETA - Dummer went on her roller coaster ride in that long brown bag of a dress?  Shouldn't it have blown up and covered her stupid head on the ride?  The past couple of days, Dummer in that dress looked like she was modeling what the fashionable Amish women wear to a wedding.

Edited by boes
  • Fire 5
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2

Yesterday we had Victoria’s heartfelt soliloquy about love and the cruel ways in which it has eluded her. Who wasn’t touched in their special place as she declared herself exceptional in many things, except, alas, her ass taste in men? Today we were once again given a light frisking of our souls during the Liberation of Summer Newman Abbott, bobblehead. Remember, my friends, do not stare long into the abyssal pie hole lest it gaze back into you as it rides a roller coast while jarringly bad music plays.

As a woman, nothing is more relatable to me than the existential struggles of two privileged nepo baby dipshits. When I see a JG script play out, I think “this guy gets me.”

Daniel and Mariah are starting a greeting card company and were testing different cliches, emotional high fructose corn syrup and and moist nuggets of parental wisdom glurge on Lucy, right? I rarely think this, but Daniel and Mariah really needed to shut the fuck up.

Thus ends the saga of Jeremy Stark, a tale told by a fucking idiot, full of crap and nonsense and signifying a shart in velour pantaloons. Phyllis wouldn’t recognize the truth if it hopped a ride on one of the rabid hamsters dancing the quickstep in her head. Yes, it’s hard finishing a storyline sometimes, but I find launching the villain into the sun’s sweltering core via giant trebuchet is a reliable narrative move. Show can spring for a cheesy amusement park ride that looks like a scene from every cornball 80’s family sitcom intro ever, but the tightwads in charge can’t splurge on a green screen shot of Phyllis tumbling through space?

I’m starting to see why Chance and Sharon hooked up. They both love giving advice and providing free therapy. I hope he stops asking Summer to unload all her emotional garbage on him before I lose all respect for him. It’s such a one sided friendship

• Like 4
  • Fire 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Haven't been posting due to a house move. Got a new phone, hard to find site. Anyhoo, Phyllis got her pass from JG today and that pretty much ends this show for me. Wrapped it all up in about 2 days per usual, with a resolution that doesn't resemble anything I can relate to as creative or imaginative. This show really doesn't deserve the fan base and great posters here it still has, IMO.

Julyolo…Bravo! I think the network, writers and producers of this soap show a lack of respect to loyal viewers. I know budgets are low; but with some imagination and talent, you can maybe overcome some of the cheap-looking, unimaginative set design, tacky wardrobe, but most of all….terrible writing and storylines. Also…actors who have over-stayed their welcome, not giving new characters any time to grow. And seemingly rampant favoritism. Most female characters and plots are right out of the 50s and are insulting to women viewers. That, more than anything, is what is wrong with this soap. And why so many of us are bailing on it. Most women (and teens) know about birth control…I have never heard of anyone tampering with a paternity test.  It is lazy writing. We (and the actors) deserve better.

• Like 6
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I couldn’t pay much attention to Phyllis’s theatrics in the judge’s office because I kept waiting for the court reporter to come in. Can’t the show pay for an extra to act like a court reporter for one show?

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/8/2023 at 11:45 PM, Artsda said:

Phyllis gets away with it and claims she never gets a free pass?  Did she get jailed for running Christine down?  That's a free pass.

Did someone pay off that judge, what a joke she doesn't get locked up.  

The CGI scene of Summer and the roller coaster was hilariously bad. So there's a theme park in Genoa city this entire time. 

I'd have a flashback of Phyl and Prick in a confab .where she whines that Bug is going to send Pouty to the Big House (and she's too tall for the only prop jail bed) unless Bug can give her the chair.

Badass Victor looks at his phone, "Would a year probation and public service be OK? Done. --- For Summer because the Abbotts would let her fry."

Dissolve to Phyl doing public service, in the GC slum(?) she washes babies and hobos and feeds the masses in designer blue and white robes - with one cold shoulder. Angelic voices resound. 

6 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I was hoping Summer was going to jump off the RC.

I couldn't believe when Cricket acted conflicted. Um the kids are adults with 1 or 2 marriages behind them already. They will survive with Phyllis in jail. JHC. Who ever would let someone off so that they could make it up to their children for shit's sake?

See above.

Bug will be jetting off to Paul and Daniels ex and daughter move in.

DA Heather. Young gen story?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I know its been said before. But honestly after yesterday's show, I would stop watching if it weren't for this group. Excellent comments by all regarding the shitiest episode ever. I really wonder what the actors think about this drivel. I would dread going to work if I were them. 

And damn, when did Phyllis have time to get that dark tan?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I still can’t believe the unintentional comedy gold of Summer on that goddamn roller coast. Was I supposed to cheer? Laugh until I ruptured my own appendix? Develop a phobia of giant face holes? Too late, show: Billy’s nostrils have already scarred me for life.

I hope that when any of us fake our own death, frame an innocent woman for murder, kill a man and knowingly make our children accessories, we, too, will be able to expedite our hearing and sit our boney maroney asses down before a judge who conveniently has nothing else scheduled. I wonder if Judge Doody went to the same law school as the B&B judge who let Sheila Carter walk free? 

The Heather actress deserves an Emmy for claiming Phyllis showed great character with a straight face. I legit laughed out loud. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7

Does anyone know what they do to the lemon carcasses draping everyone's glasses of iced tea? They are very cool-looking and the only thing that captured my interest on yesterday's show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11

I almost don't have the strength to rant....

Having long given up on any portrayal of reality in the law/justice scenes I wasn't at all surprised that the plea deal was held in chambers.  Usually, after the attorneys discuss a deal with the judge, they go out to the courtroom where there is a bench (as in bench trial/verdict) and proceed, just as Mrs. P pointed out, with a court reporter and court clerk.  You know, so the freaking judgement gets entered into the record.  And for the judge to ignore the DA sentencing recommendations because of Phylth's whining and tears....that judge needs to step down.  Christine also should have recused herself at the git-go.

But, this is GC Law and Order - Dum Dum, so I shouldn't be surprised.

My only hope is Christine didn't put all her eggs in one basket and put all the charges in one filing.  If she did, (and she probably did, because this whole story is that dumb) then I guess the judge has given the lightest sentence ever for:  stealing and abuse of corpses, destroying an ambulance, framing another for her death and planting evidence to prove it, evading arrest, and hiding the body of the man she killed in self defense.

I hope Phylth's community service is on a garbage scow somewhere.  I may quit watching too, (although I'll be here always,) because these stories are just stupid.  They start out and about halfway through JG realizes they make no sense and so he drops them.  Ex:  Tucker and Assley.  Can't tell what they are trying to do, whether he is truly in love with her or her with him and why he would think getting Diane so upset she would screw up at Jabot would even happen.  Dumb.  Dumb.  Dumb.

Speaking of Dumb.  Shut your mouth, Dummer, permanantly.

13 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Does anyone know what they do to the lemon carcasses draping everyone's glasses of iced tea? They are very cool-looking and the only thing that captured my interest on yesterday's show. 

I'm pretty sure those are plastic.  As is all that fruit they have piled up in glasses on the bar where everyone who sits at the bar can breath or cough on, or (as Assley does) help themselves to.

To get that on a real lemon, you ream a spiral cut around the whole fruit, and then cut it into wedges.  I had to ask my bartender son on that one.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

That, more than anything, is what is wrong with this soap.

What I think is wrong with this soap is that there's just so many times you can recycle 40+ year old storylines before they become hopelessly cliched - the zeitgeist in this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago, so either reinvent the show, as was done in the 1980s, or give it a decent burial.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2

Couldn’t wait to come to this page to see the reaction to yesterday’s show. Between the hilarious CGI, and the “oh nevermind”  whiplash ending of Phyllis’ legal woes… what the heck was that? 
meanwhile Audra and Tucker acting like anybody would care that they made the same business decision any business person would make. 
Who owns this show? It is in their interest to get that writer’s strike settled and get some help pronto!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I hope that when any of us fake our own death, frame an innocent woman for murder, kill a man and knowingly make our children accessories, we, too, will be able to expedite our hearing and sit our boney maroney asses down before a judge who conveniently has nothing else scheduled

I think if that happens, all of the posters here would stand behind the accused and testify that"Y & R drove them to it . Drove them to it".

And today's show? Absolutely zero follow up to show the reactions of everyone in GC. After all of the angst, not a word.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I am officially and truly done with this show which is a total FUCK YOU   courtesy from JG to his dwindling audience..  Really, community service  for all the legal forces she diverted  as  she put the city of GC thru? Looking at you,Chancesome..  I called this community service bullshit months ago.

I have deleted the record show from my queue but will be here because, well, I just can't quit ya......

• Like 5
  • Hugs 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I couldn't post yesterday because after seeing the Big Red Canker Sore get a free pass from all her heinous actions, AND THEN looking into the spawn maw that is a screaming Dummer, shrieking on the worst, cheesiest roller coaster CGI ever created, I just...I just could NOT. And today I still just.cant. Thanks to those who could manage to comment after that freak show. Y'all are doing the lord's work.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I am officially and truly done with this show which is a total FUCK YOU   courtesy from JG to his dwindling audience..  Really, community service  for all the legal forces she diverted  as  she put the city of GC thru? Looking at you,Chancesome..  I called this community service bullshit months ago.

That is exactly how I feel except that I am so anally retentive that this is part of my scheduled day that I can't deter from.

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Js Nana said:

What I think is wrong with this soap is that there's just so many times you can recycle 40+ year old storylines before they become hopelessly cliched - the zeitgeist in this country is not the same as it was 40 years ago, so either reinvent the show, as was done in the 1980s, or give it a decent burial.

I am holding out for a hope that the AFTRA-SAG strike will continue. Unless JG & his cast decide to be bigger scabs than they have already demonstrated themselves to be, perhaps the network will substitute old episodes, when they run out of new ones? Praying.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I pride myself in being business savvy so the only thing that I come up with is by merging Adam’s company, with NM, it’s a subsidiary, of NE, and gives to a certain autonomy. Victor wants to fold Adam’s company into NM, so in essence it looses its identity and independence. To what the contrary of what Victor says, Cruella will be calling the shots.  It seems that Cruella and especially Nikki doesn’t know that Victor plans to fold in Adam’s company to NM.  The only reason Adam fails in business is that Victor and Cruella keeps pulling the rug out from him.  

Don’t get me wrong, I like Tucker’s intrigue, but he is fucking rude rude rude. Sitting on the conference table is a bad as shoes on the desk or shoes on the furniture. 

Does Ashley and Tucker really think that Nostrils is that stupid. This is the new and improved Nostrils we are talking about.  They are still harping on Diane bringing down Jabot without an inkling of how she can do that with only making personal decisions.  Ashley and Tucker tell Nostrils that their ultimate plan is to take over Jabot, under the umbrella of Simply Ashley and appoint Nostrils as CEO, of Jabot, but he will have to report to us.  So Nostrils won’t be under Jack’s shadow anymore but tell me Ashley  how is Nostrils any better to be under your and Tucker’s shadow?  Jack and Nostrils are blood half brothers. Ashley is only your half legally and is not a blood relation.  

This cover up is actually much to do about nothing. The “singer” is in jail and it’s a coverup of a coverup.  Going public probably won’t be as devastating as Tucker and Audra think it might be, but the drama is needed to push the story along.  Covering up scandals, in business, is more common than you would think.  Which brings to mind Cruella covering up for the chief account embezzling from a California division of NE.  

Audra, what can Tucker do to Adam that Victor and Cruella haven’t done already?  Dig up more dirt on Adam?  Bring up Las Vegas which also brings Chance into the picture?  

Only slightly less annoying than Taz🌪️ is Ashley. I thought for today Taz🌪️ would be doing her victory tour but nobody even knows she only got a slap I’m on the wrist.  Ashley, on the other hand, I was expecting to hear Caw Caw. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

I feel like JG is trying to bore the audience into a catatonic state because he absolutely hates us. I was going to recap today, but I think summarizing the key points will suffice.

Audra: Every single person was a dick to me today. Even Diane, who knows what it’s like to be shunned. I’mma start calling “the singer” something new. “The rock star” should suffice.

Nate: I’ll be a total dick to Audra today. Then I’ll use my actual dick to persuade Victoria to accept my sweet business plan. I hope no one drops a truth bomb on me today.

Abby: Let me help. Let me help. Please let me help. I don’t think I actually helped.

Tucker: They see me trolling, they be hating.

Jack: Ashley claims that Diane turned me into an insipid dope. I’ve been a hopelessly romantic nitwit for years before Diane ever returned. Speaking of Diane, I hope she finds the other shoulder to her outfit.

Diane: Kyle will love it if I’m mean to his girlfriend. I have no idea why I’m stanning his marriage to that lying liar who lies. My day will be a success if I get the chance to crack Nikki’s face.

Victoria: When Nate came into the office and said he was happy to find both me and my mother in one place, I thought he was going to suggest a threesome. I was a little intrigued.

Nikki: Someone dares defy Victor in business matters? He was there at the founding of the Dutch East India Company, so I’m certain he knows best. Possessing different ideas than Victor is heresy, blasphemy and sacrilege. I shall have the servants give the oubliette a brisk sweep and place a bucket for Nate’s bodily functions.

Ashley: My father’s legacy must be protected at all costs, even if it means gambling on Billy. Daddy would be so proud that I’m going to stab his beloved son in the back, using his less beloved son to do it. I’ll place Jabot under my new company’s umbrella while trading on Jabot’s built in customer base and sterling reputation. Could anything represent John Abbott more perfectly? P.S. I am not a crackpot.

Billy: My sister is a crackpot. I resent her exploiting my natural ability to radiate big prick energy to benefit herself. Maybe I’m too good at this asshole thing. I don’t like the way Tucker is smirking at me. I think I’ve been made.

Adam: Today I’m going to embrace my inner douchebag. Adustus Adustus Adustus. Fuckin’ amazing word. Why does Nick eat a lightbulb every time I say it? Audra needs to give me Newman Media like yesterday. Why doesn’t that statutory rapist have a name? Jesus christ, make one up! 

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Every time I see Ashley, I want to hit her in her snarling face as hard as I can. She’s so hateful, obnoxious and devious that we need to be done with her. On a shallow note, she needs a better bra to lift up those saggy breasts. Not a good look for an older woman, Ash.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7

Nice blouse on Audra. Me liked. And were those the earrings Kyle gave her as a "thanks for boinking me" gift?

I just don't understand why Nate would stick his neck out for Audra. Especially when it requires him to go against what the Newmans want. Why is Audra worth such a huge risk to him?

Billy has a meeting in Jabot's office space with the two people trying to take down Jabot. You'd think Ashley and Tucker wouldn't have wanted to be so obvious.

What was the deal with Billy's hair? He looked to me like he'd dived headfirst into a vat of Brylcreem. A little dab'll do ya, William. 😼

Yeesh, Victoria is such a petty Betty. All I heard coming out of her mouth was "Adam, Adam, Adam, blah, blah, blah." Grow up, you bony twit.

Yep, Tucker sees through Billy's act. He just hasn't figured out why, despite  Billy practically having a flashing neon sign on his forehead. It's an Abbott thing, Tucker; you wouldn't understand.

I thought Nikki rolling up on Tucker and Billy at Society was interesting. Who would've expected her to become the voice of reason about Diane?

Oy, Diane, not sure you want to be getting smug with Audra. She plays your game with wealthy men as well as you do. Ask her where she got her earrings.

Adam vs Nate: a confrontation I did know I didn't want. IMO the only thing Nate has up on Adam is his relationship with Victoria. But the fcuk buddies could end with the snap of a finger, and then all bets would be off. Yawn.

Wait, was Ashley actually being sincere when she hugged it out with Jack or is she about to pull something at the wedding that'll be the scandal of the year? 🤔

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

My DVR keeps not recording Y&R. The reason given is 'conflicting recording' but there are no other recordings scheduled. Bottom line? I think even my DVR knows how bad Show is and it's refusing to record it in an AI attempt to save me.

• LOL 18

Ok, granted I am a little dense, but I can't understand what Ashley and Tucker expect Billy to do.  Ashley wants double agent Billy to whisper in Diane's ear to encourage her own worst instincts, which would bring Jabot to the brink.  So wouldn't that entail putting on a performance for Tuckley's benefit of being Diane's ally?  Instead, he's attacking Diane in front of Tucker?  Plus, the incentive that Ashley is dangling over Billy is a lesser position than the co-equal one he currently shares with Jack?  

My head hurts...

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I am holding out for a hope that the AFTRA-SAG strike will continue. Unless JG & his cast decide to be bigger scabs than they have already demonstrated themselves to be, perhaps the network will substitute old episodes, when they run out of new ones? Praying.

I've created a new thread for discussion relating to the strikes and have posted my reply over there:
https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/140651-2023-writers-strike-wga-and-actors-strike-sag-aftra/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Ok, granted I am a little dense, but I can't understand what Ashley and Tucker expect Billy to do.

It’s clear as mud. Ashley is dead certain that Diane is going to magically fail at her job because of some innate evil quality that Diane possesses. I guess Billy is meant tap into that and nudge Diane toward… I don’t know, buying a sex yacht to lose in a poker game? It’s all vague hand waving nonsense. Ashley is just thrilled to have Billy agree with her that it’s crucial to destroy Jack and Jabot in order to save them. Her plan seems to be wishful thinking and trying to manifest Diane’s downfall through the power of concentrated vitriol.

This show should be called The Vague & the Illogical. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

It’s Fuck Off Friday at the Young & the Restless! Who, in the great metropolis of Genoa City, needs to fuck off today? I’m glad you asked!

Hey, Nikki, can I interest you in the merger of fuck and off? Swanning about GC with your nose in the air, barking orders and issuing edicts like some third rate banana republic general. His lordship Nosferatu does not like the idea of a merger, thus it must never be brought up again. One does not defy the mummified autocrat! You suck at business, civility and raising employee morale. Your kids suck too.

Victoria, I think there is something you and Adam can agree on, and that is that you both should fuck off. Cry about Victor undermining you, turn around and kowtow to the old poltergeist, rinse and repeat. It’s sad that Summer learned to distance herself from a toxic parent before you did. Your father wants to keep the two companies separate because he wants you and Adam to fight. Dumbass.

Adam, buddy, you gotta fuck off with this Newman Media obsession. I believe Adustus is actually Latin for “off may you fuck.” Newman Media is just a stand in for Sally. We all know it. You can also shove the condescension you’re dripping all over Sharon and Audra directly up your toot chute.

Nate: Check out this smarmy, bootlicking coward. To be fair, he did warn Audra that he was only looking out for number one; to be fairer, his quick departure from the plan still makes him look like a number two. The whole Newman Media/Adustus/Kirsten saga is dumb and boring, and Nate’s balls out ambition and slimy maneuvering is just one PART of the problem. Maybe he’ll be promoted to CFO. I think you know what that stands for.

Lauren: Are you out of your damn mind? What exactly do you get out of this friendship besides empty, flowery words? Fuck off for your own benefit.

Phyllis: The reigning champion in this category, ladies and gentlemen. Sure, Carson stuck around after Jeremy Stark paid him and peeped in the window hoping to catch some hot raptor on velour action. Sure he did. Everything you did, you did for your kids. Blowing up that ambulance with some poor sucker’s body inside has paid serious dividends for Daniel and Summer. Swim a victory lap in your crocodile tears, asshole. Caw caw!

• Like 3
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The most stomach turning 🤢🤮 thing for me, is when Taz🌪️turns on the fake tears in faking to act emotional.  Taz🌪️ is a sociopath no if ands or buts.  I’m betting that Taz🌪️ will violate her probation in a few weeks but, as usual, nothing will be done about it.  Taz🌪️ the charges were not dropped. You plead guilty to the charges and you were sentenced to community service and probation. If you violate any of those conditions, you could be sent to jail. Taz🌪️, YOU ARE NOT FREE, until those conditions are met. 

Oh happy happy day!!  Taz🌪️ actually got a slap in the face by Summer❄️x7 and Daniel. Well for now.  Yes Taz🌪️ has changed. She changed from blaming Stark to blaming Tucker. That rollercoaster ride must have done wonders for clearing out ❄️’s from Summer’s mind. For not believing that Carson wasn’t paid off, it’s now Summer❄️x5.  By the way, what happened to Carson? Was his crimes also resolved?  I guess Carson is being erases from memory like what happened to Tara.  

Lauren Lauren Lauren, STFU. It’s none of your businesses how Summer❄️x5 and Daniel feel towards their mother.  Lauren are you actually toasting Taz🌪️ for her amazing ability at deception, lying, and deceit.  That’s my take away when Lauren is toasting what she can do when she puts her mind to it. 

• Fire 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

All I could think of while watching Lauren and Phyllis was wish that I had some shears. I would chop at least a foot off of their hair. Lauren always just looks like an epic fail. Phyllis …. a long, straight oompah-loompah.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Well yeah, Phyllis, you get all the credit for your freedom because you told all the lies--except for the ones EMT Carson provided. Ugh.

Did I actually hear Sharon say, "...a office space"? Good thing you don't need to use basic grammar to be a CEO in GC. 🙄

Phyllis didn't immediately let her kids know she wasn't going to prison. Huh. You'd think that would've been her first call/text as soon as she left the judge's chambers.

Ehh, Phyllis, maybe Christine didn't win her case against you but she didn't entirely lose either. You're still a felon with a criminal conviction on your record. Shut up.

Then Phyllis told Summer and Daniel the judge dropped all the charges. That was not my understanding of what happened. I thought the judge only took a prison sentence off the table. Is Phyllis lying to her kids again or is JG fudging the story already? 😒

Bad girlfriend, Vikki! Don't you know you're supposed to give Nate whatever he wants? Gotta say though, he took her refusal to reconsider the NM/Adustus merger way better than I expected.

Meanwhile, Audra couldn't have looked more like she was dissembling during her meeting with Nikki. She is truly scared.

Adam, I think you're going to regret not being straightforward with Sharon about how you're using Audra. Just sayin'.

Sure, Lauren. Your bestie has the ability to change...but not the will. Especially since Phyllis knows people like you won't ever hold her accountable for her bad deeds.

Re the previews: Sally dropping in on Adam at his new place. That didn't take long. Nick better get back before Sally gives Adam more than a housewarming gift. 🍌🍆🍑

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Wow, 10 points for that blast from the past. 😸

Billy hair is Bob's Big Boy for the 21st century

On 8/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, surfgirl said:

My DVR keeps not recording Y&R. The reason given is 'conflicting recording' but there are no other recordings scheduled. Bottom line? I think even my DVR knows how bad Show is and it's refusing to record it in an AI attempt to save me.

The AaaEye has arrived.

• LOL 9

Audra should have told Nikki the truth. Normally Nikki wouldn’t care about Audra’s problems but her dislike of Smarmy might have worked in Audra’s favor. 
Now we’re stuck with the Tasmanian Twat. We knew this would happen yet it still hurts. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

I watched both Thursday and Friday's episodes yesterday and it was almost an overdose of b.s.

We all know that whatever Josh G. has planned for the Adustus storyline, and the Tucker/Ashley storyline, and every other storyline will  end with a whimper, mostly ours, because every one of his storylines peters out to nothing.  Don't care.

Phyllis and her bestie, Bimbo the Clown, celebrating Phyllis' freedom with more carbs than either of them have seen in decades was so tired it was tragic.  At the very least, the judge should have sentenced Phyllis to eat every single one of those macaroons AND the entire cake.

Dummer goes, in three days, from being a rabid defender of her mother to suddenly seeing the light.  Go back to the rollercoaster, Stupergirl, nobody cares.

ButtBiscuit is back, baby, and front and center in a storyline.  So yeah, things can get worse.

I got nothin' with Show right now. Absolutely nothin'.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 8/12/2023 at 8:46 AM, boes said:

Phyllis and her bestie, Bimbo the Clown, celebrating Phyllis' freedom

My only hope for justice at this point is Phylth gets popped for not having a permit to throw her party in the park and it violates her probation and she gets hauled off to jail. Of course, she will claim Lauren brainwashed her into doing it as a defense.

On 8/11/2023 at 4:26 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Then Phyllis told Summer and Daniel the judge dropped all the charges.

That scream you heard last night around 7:00 PST was me.  Newsflash, Phylth-pleading guilty is just that, guilty.  You should put it another, more accurate way: the judge ignored the charges when sentencing you.  

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

My only hope for justice at this point is Phylth gets popped for not having a permit to throw her party in the park and it violates her probation and she gets hauled off to jail. Of course, she will claim Lauren brainwashed her into doing it as a defense.

That scream you heard last night around 7:00 PST was me.  Newsflash, Phylth-pleading guilty is just that, guilty.  You should put it another, more accurate way: the judges ignored the charges when sentencing you.  

BTW, probation and community service for Phyllis was ridiculous, as we have all agreed, but shouldn't that judge have ordered Phyllis to pay the GCPD financial restitution for the costs involved in that investigation for her faked death? Get with the real world 2023, JG. Also, how long will it take before we get to hear Chance blubbering about the privileged citizens of GC always getting a pass?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Sentencing Phyllis to community service is more of a punishment for Genoa City than it is a form of restitution. What is she going to do? Polish the dumpsters around town until they’re clean enough to hump on? Raise money for velour awareness? What a joke.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

I'm days behind in reading the posts here, but I just read this and had to applaud, praise and comment on just how perfect this statement it. It's everything she wants in a mate. Bravo NinjaPenguins!

Victoria: I like what we have. You wring my mop out when I need it and agree with everything I say.

And then there's this apt description of the dumpster humper herself:

she’s a sleeveless horror

Too funny, too perfect!

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 8/11/2023 at 5:15 PM, MsMalin said:

Wow, 10 points for that blast from the past. 😸

Eh, I said what I said. Get off my lawn! 😉

No, actually when I saw Billy's greasy, solid colored hair my thoughts immediately went to Darrin #1 from Bewitched (the lawn still says nah 😏):

o8hDU91.jpggop3DgI.jpg

Billy is on some retro b.s. with his hair and I'm finding it a bit goofy. Of course with him his hair is only the tip of the iceberg of goofiness but here we are.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

Yep. Phyllis is the queen of deflection and her BFF Lauren would happily take the blame.

How do you just put up a table and have a luncheon in a public park? I guess Phyllis and Lauren didn't care if random people wandered up and started taunting them or grabbing the food. And when I saw the cheeseboard sitting out in the open I figured the local flies would start arriving in a V formation to have a quick snack and lay their wee eggs. What a ridiculous scene.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

her BFF Lauren

Lauren enables Phyllis to continue on as the train wreck that she is - Summer and Daniel can't fix their mother, so it's time to wish her well and simply move on with their lives.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Christine: The jokes on you. I convinced Lucy to upholster your entire home in denim. Good luck finding your father, asshole.

The beauty of this is that I can see and hear Cricket in my mind saying this. And thank you, NinjaP, for keeping the memory of Paulie Tightpants alive.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I think I only have 4 more episodes to catch up. This Audra talk here is giving me stress. Are y'all saying the actress is gone or just that plot point of her being in charge of something? She's not gone is she? Wahwahwahwahwah if she is, I love her and the character. 

Ahem. I love this Billy better than any Billy there ever was. 

That was some melty face yet frozen face weirdness, both of them at the same time for both actresses, going on between Stafford and Case during their talk at Society. 

What set is Adam's? I can place a few things but it's not coming together of what it used to be. Maybe it was during my take a break time. Pretty sure the kitchen stove/hood/backsplash is Lily's old one but the rest is giving me pause. I do recognize the faux stone walls next to the staircase. The stairs are what is also giving me pause. 

Sixty something Melody Thomas Scott is morphing into  fifty (?) something Christina Applegate. It's really odd how much she looks like her now. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

What set is Adam's? I can place a few things but it's not coming together of what it used to be. Maybe it was during my take a break time. Pretty sure the kitchen stove/hood/backsplash is Lily's old one but the rest is giving me pause. I do recognize the faux stone walls next to the staircase. The stairs are what is also giving me pause. 

It seems to be Lily and ButtBiscuit's old place.

Hopefully, they've switched out the couch.  Lily and ButtBiscuit did a LOT of canoodling on the one they had.

• LOL 14
On 8/9/2023 at 10:27 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Phyllis wouldn’t recognize the truth if it hopped a ride on one of the rabid hamsters dancing the quickstep in her head.

Ya know, I had forgotten all about Syph and Dick-in-a-box line dancing in their little cowboy hats. Why, NinjaP, why did you make me remember?

On 8/10/2023 at 9:53 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I wonder if Judge Doody went to the same law school as the B&B judge who let Sheila Carter walk free?

And since that B&B judge was played by our own David Kimble, it would have been great to see him be the one letting a psycho go in GC too. I would have tuned in.

On 8/10/2023 at 12:27 PM, MollyB said:

Ex:  Tucker and Assley.  Can't tell what they are trying to do, whether he is truly in love with her or her with him and why he would think getting Diane so upset she would screw up at Jabot would even happen.  Dumb.  Dumb.  Dumb.

I was enjoying Tucker and Ashley. But I got tired of wondering. Tired of wondering which one was playing the other, tired of wondering if his feelings for her are real, tired of all of it period. There were no clues. I got to feeling that, in the end it won't have mattered or made any sense and that essentially there was no real story there. Just all maybes that I was reading into something that wasn't there, only because the actors are so good.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

It was interesting to hear Cricket mention she was going to be talking with Paul about their marriage. Of course it will all be off screen but I was surprised nonetheless.

Also just tickled pink to hear that Noah's club in London is a smash hit. Of course it is. Once London heard about his swingin' GC club they begged him to open one up in the UK.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 2
  • LOL 17