Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How wise was it that the kids not only to sit at a separate table

I could watch those kids all day long.  They actually had a story going and the expressions on their faces conveyed it.  Meanwhile, at the 'adult' table...we have a pissing contest over who knows their ex better.  Pfff.

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Their repeated informal meetings to discuss Diane's case have definitely been outside the chain of command.

If she was trying to get more information or clarify facts on his original investigation, it would be reasonable.  In the DA office where I worked, there was a designated investigation staff (retired police officers) who took over the investigation after the initial contact by the police.  Even if Christine has no in house investigators, I doubt Chance would be in charge of the homicide investigation.  A city big enough to have a least two corporate headquarters should have homicide detectives on the police force.

Side note:  Christine mentioned the "new Chief"....did Paul quit/retire or did I miss something?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Good Lord, Phyllis and Summer were downright creepy today. When Phyllis was talking about going to her funeral to hear what was said, she was deranged. If she gets away for this stunt I think Ill smash my tv.

• Like 4
  • Applause 14
  • Love 3

So lemme get this shit straight. Johnny is crushing on Daniel's kid, and Connor is too, that's why he's in a Mister Pissy Pot mood? Like a girl her age would be into a little boy...WTAF show?!?

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, gingerella said:

So lemme get this shit straight. Johnny is crushing on Daniel's kid, and Connor is too, that's why he's in a Mister Pissy Pot mood? Like a girl her age would be into a little boy...WTAF show?!?

I was thinking Connor was annoyed because Lucy has Johnny’s attention now instead of Johnny being focused on his little bro. The kids table was the best scene they’ve had on this show in months!

• Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Neil & Lily at the Jazz club today: "I wonder what Dad would think of us if he could see us now?" Me: "He'd probably tell you that you both need to move on, to grow up and get on with your lives." This "Phyllis had nobody" narrative needs to stop. She had Ashley and Nikki on her side. She decided to sell the Grand Phoenix. She lost Jack when he found out she had revenge sex with him to trigger Diane. She lost her job at Marchetti after 2 warnings not to use her position to sabotage Diane. To the best of my knowledge, when she travelled to see Lucy and her mom, she wasn't met with any rejection or hostility. I feel that this "poor put upon Phyllis" storyline is being laid on just as thick as her misapplied lipstick, and it is just as hideous. And someone tell the actress playing Summer to find another expression than her constant go-to trout pout, please. LOL at Sharon's botoxed face trying to register an expression of horror and panic to Nick about a return by Cameron to GC. She looked more like Chucky's Bride "Tiffany Valentine"  to me!

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 8
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chloe: It’s time to celebrate!

Sally: I’d check your watch again.

@@@@@@@

Nick: Whoa, did you move your office here, Chris?

Christine: Crimson Lights is housing the police department. Relocating the district attorney’s office near the scones was only natural.

Nick: You’re working on something… some kind of case? I feel like I should know this. LOL.

Christine: You’re such a devoted father. It’s just not said enough.

Nick: Idly scratches butt crack, sniffs finger.

Christine: There’s Chance. Get lost.

@@@@@@

Phyllis: Summer, I’m not just saying this in a self serving way, but you’re amazing. Amazing. No one can stop you from protecting me. You’re my champion. Caw caw!

Summer: This isn’t like being love bombed into a cult at all.

Phyllis: You’re speshul and unique. We’re different and no one else understands us. When I saw you losing it at the memorial -

Summer: Beep beep, back up the what the fuck truck. You were at the service?

@@@@@@@@

Nick: Yo, Sharon, is it just me or is Chance foine as hell? I think it moved when he looked at me.

Sharon: If it isn’t Mr. Bloodstains on a Bottle. Or was that wine?

Nick: Hey, dad drank both growing up. Don’t get on my jock.

Sharon: Well, anyway, I threw it away.

Nick: Good.

Sharon: Do you know that your daughter is a gold dipped asshole?

Nick: Faith is in trouble at school?

Sharon: Never mind. What the hell is this postcard?

Nick: Oh no. Don’t ask me to read!

@@@@@@@

Lily: Hey ladies. Sorry to hear you didn’t get the job redecorating our executive washrooms.

Chloe: It’s fine. We are soooo busy with our one trillion clients. The Taj Mahal? That was us. We just did a reno on Taylor Swift’s skort closet. We supply all of Lebron’s postgame sweat towels. It’s been an amazing journey to the elite tier of artistic achievement.

Lily: Oh my. Well, have a good evening, ladies.

Sally: What the fuck was that?

Chloe: I panicked.

@@@@@@@@@

Christine: Did you find anything in Jeremy Stark’s motel room?

Chance: Nah. Just some dried sticky stuff under the floorboards. Probably orange marmalade. The shower curtain matches the drapes.

Christine: I knew you wouldn’t find jack shit. Hah! My case in yo’ face!

Chance: I trawled through the trash and found a program from Phyllis’ memorial.

Christine: And I should care because…?

Chance: There were tear stains, a rich source of DNA. Mascara too. Hollow Soul Black by Jabot.

Christine: Whoa. Got me there. Jack developed that color especially for Phyllis. And it just occurs to me that someone who used my husband to rotate their tires might be capable of other bad acts.

Chance: Just now? Does D.A. stand for dumb ass?

@@@@@@@

Lily: What do you suppose Dad would say if he could see us now?

Devon: Lily, slow down on the wine. Grapes don’t grow that fast. Then he’d ask me for Amanda’s number.

Lily: Yeah. And he’d be buying Dominic jazz albums.

Devon: He couldn’t spoil him more than you do. You don’t have to buy him so much stuff, you know. For the love of god, don’t give him Daniel’s or Chelsea’s games. I want Dom to know video games are actually fun.

Lily: It’s hard to tell Daniel his game sucks shit through a straw with his mom being charbroiled and all.

Devon: Anything going on there? You and Daniel getting frisky?

Lily: The timing isn’t great right now with him losing a parent. And I worry he’ll find her again.

Devon: We all do. You ever see those commercials for the new Evil Dead movie? I keep thinking someone put out a Phyllis Summers biopic.

@@@@@@@

Summer: You were there watching us mourn? Diane was right. Were you wearing a ratchet wig and dollar store glasses?

Phyllis: i spritzed my veneers with an off white lacquer to tone down the sexay sexiness. Pretty slick, huh?

Summer: No! Did you show up to watch everyone suffer? I’m this close to realizing what a ghoul you really are. Pull me back from the edge!

Phyllis: I just wanted to see how my children felt about me. I needed to see if you’d learned your lessons about being ungrateful little ankle biters who tried to cramp my style.

Summer: Goddamn, Mom.

Phyllis: I shouldn’t have done that. I definitely should not have subtly flicked my bean amid all the grief and fond remembrances.

Summer: Daniel and I tried to help you.

Phyllis: I know, but you did it all wrong. Did you really think holding me accountable was the right move?

Summer: No wonder you had to turn to Jeremy Stark. He let you be your best self.

Phyllis: That’s right. Listen carefully. Jeremy Stark was kind and understanding when my own crotchfruit abandoned me and refused to help launch a holy war against Diane Jenkins.

Summer: Diane bad. Mom good.

Phyllis: So smart. Jeremy, through means better left vague because they’re bullshit, forced me to marry him and fake my own death in order to prove that Diane was Hell’s handmaiden.

Summer: You had no choice.

Phyllis: That’s my girl, fully indoctrinated.

Summer: Caw caw!

@@@@@@@@@

Chloe: You should have taken Nick’s money. It wasn’t like he was leaving it on the bedside table.

Sally: Gee, thanks.

Chloe: I use a lot of lipstick and the costs add up quickly. I needs me some Newman cabbage.

Sally: I’d rather summer in Billy Abbott’s nostril than take a handout.

Chloe: Easy to say, hard to do. Nick offered you that money because you’re good, not because you’re giving him a warm place to park his sperm sedan.

Sally: He dropped the L word on me.

Chloe: SQUEE!

Sally: He turned the entire room into a romantic cliche. There were so many candles…

Chloe: Nick is such a wonderful catch. He’s delightfully simple, rich, and knows how to set a mood.

Sally: He bought one of each Yankee Candle scent. You see, Nick had been to Subway and drank the chipotle sauce like a bottle of pop. It was like a sentient pepper took a massive shit in a flower shop allll night long.

Chloe: I don’t see what the problem is.

Sally: You and I have to break up.

@@@@@@@@

Sharon: The postcard is from Denver.

Nick: It’s cool. I had a Canadian girlfriend once.

Sharon: Denver is in Colorado.

Nick: And?

Sharon: Oh no. I know who this is from. Cameron Kirsten!

Nick: I’m pretty sure I punched him into another dimension.

Sharon: This is just how he operates, with sick little games before he goes in for the kill.

Nick: Let’s bring Chance in on this. If he tries to steal my heroic thunder, though, I’mma kick his dick into pudding.

Sharon: I hope he tases you.

@@@@@@@@

Phyllis: I will now feign taking responsibility for my actions and pretend to feel guilty about the hot ass mess I’ve placed you and Daniel in. Go home, take care of your family. I’ll stay far away, lest you be forced to visit me in jail or get charged as an accessory.

Summer: But… but you only killed Jeremy because he was trying to kill you.

Phyllis: The police won’t see it that way. They get a bug up their ass about how long it takes to report a death, and I’m not talking about Cricket this time. Plus, I may have kept some velour as a trophy. It is kinda weird that they never scraped any of my DNA off Stark’s body. We had quite the tussle.

Summer: I can’t stay away from you. I won’t! What happens to you happens to me.

Phyllis: You finally realize that you’re nothing more than an extension of me. I’ve waited for this moment your whole annoying life. But, um, of course it’s not your job to take care of me.

Summer: Of course it is. The best parents make their kids parent them.

Phyllis: Take care of your brother. Be gentle with him. He’s a second generation cream puff who doesn’t have what it takes to hang with us.

Summer: Maybe Diane can adopt the little bitch.

@@@@@@@

Chloe: You can’t ditch me. I’m like the human cold sore.

Sally: You want to ride the fail whale across the ocean, be my guest.

Chloe: I refuse to fail. I say we march over to Devon and Lily, pay our respects to Neil, and sell ourselves like a basement full of bridal gowns.

Sally: Don’t mention Lebron’s sweat towels again, please.

Chloe: Lily, Devon, Almighty Neil, I just came over to suck up and self-promote. Don’t say no until you’ve heard us out. Sweat towels.

Sally: What Chloe means to say is - look. Let’s get real here, okay. Everyone is talking about Omega Sphere. Because it blows. Dyson wishes they could use it as their core technology because nothing on the market sucks as hard. You might as well plug your controller into a mongoose turd.

Devon: Amen. Preach it!

Chloe: It’s hard to really describe how much of a colossal failure Daniel’s dumb game will be. The gaming media is going to pump out memes about this suck casserole for decades. What if you could retreat into a beautiful, refreshing, invigorating lounge of shame?

Lily: Let us confer.

Devon: No need. If the shit’s gonna hit the fan, it might as well be a stylin’ fan. You’re hired.

@@@@@@@

Nick: Yo, Chance.

Chance: You rich motherfuckers think I can be summoned like a butler. Should I bring you your slippers and smoking jacket too?

Nick: Could you? Nick hands Chance a single key dangling from a Hooters keychain. It’s the Shrek slippers next to the shitter. Thanks, bro.

Sharon: Um, I think someone from my past is stalking me. There’s a whole sordid tale, but essentially some douchebag beat me up and got sent to prison. I think he might be out and contacting me in creepy ways.

Chance: I’m sorry that happened to you.

Nick: I got a bruised knuckle from punching the guy.

Chance: I’m sure you have a pubic lice playing the world’s tiniest violin. What was this punk’s name?

Sharon: Cameron Kirsten. He’s actually the piece of shit everyone believes Tucker and Diane to be.

@@@@@@@@

Front desk lady: Here’s your key card, Mr. Kirsten. Enjoy your stay.

Cameron: Call me Cam. Say, got a line on any crazy chicks willing to plot fiery vengeance against women they hate?

Front desk lady: How do you feel about velour, sir?

Edited by NinjaPenguins
  • Like 4
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I missed the Cameron days. Was he always so… rugged?

This is the fourth older known actor (five if you count the first Ashland) the show has hired and has done nothing with, so I won’t hold my breath that the streak will be changing.

Forgot to mention yesterday that CK looked absolutely gorgeous rocking the new hairdo. Today, it was a little tamer.

Sally being so clueless about how her pregnancy will change her life is not cute; it’s idiotic.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Sally being so clueless about how her pregnancy will change her life is not cute; it’s idiotic

I thought Lily was throwing some shade Sally's way--telling her how much attention the little girl will need, almost trying to discourage her, or instill some self doubt.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Chloe. I thought she had dumped Sally as a friend and business partner? And WTF was she wearing? It looked to me like the fabric had been sewn inside out.

I guess Chance gets his drinks at the coffeehouse for free. Or Sharon lets the hotties she wants to bang run a tab. 😼

Yep, Summer, your psycho mommy went to her own memorial and was judging all the eulogies. Let that insanity sink into your feeble brain.

And there was Chloe again pushing Sally to sell herself to Nick. Easy for you to say, Chloe, since it wouldn't be your cooch on the line. Meanwhile, you think any help coming from Adam = filthy lucre. FOH.

Christine was surprised Summer hadn't yet told Nick that Phyllis wasn't dead. Cricket, Nick's ignorance is among the least of the problems in this clusterfcuk of a murder case. Take a look in the nearest mirror, sweetie.

The closed captioning spelled Lily's daughter's name as "Maddie." I was unamused on Mattie's behalf.

Sally and Chloe's big idea was to deploy aromatherapy in a corporate environment. Ehhh, sounds goopy. 😏 (And I feel bad for any C/W employees who may be sensitive in a bad way to random odors, even those produced by essential oils.)

Phyllis calling herself "a decent mom." I cannot. Come through, Chance. You're our only hope out of this disaster.

Not sure why Lily was being kind of snarky with Sally about her pregnancy. Women have been having babies for millennia. Sally wiil be fine and hopefully so will Baby Girl Newman. Ease up, Lily.

Dang, Cameron Kirsten is back in GC and he's not trying to hide. But it has to be against his parole, no? Jeremy Stark 2.0. 😒

Re the previews, if Cameron is going after Faith he better be prepared to die. It'll only be a matter of who'll kill him: Sharon, Nick, Nikki the Newman enforcer, or Victor's crack security team. Let's go!

• Like 9
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LadyWave said:

I was thinking Connor was annoyed because Lucy has Johnny’s attention now instead of Johnny being focused on his little bro. The kids table was the best scene they’ve had on this show in months!

nah, they are setting up another Brothers-in-love-with-the-same-girl-storyline.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The closed captioning spelled Lily's daughter's name as "Maddie." I was unamused on Mattie's behalf.

Her full name is Matilda right?

56 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I missed the Cameron days. Was he always so… rugged?

No, Cameron was a business man who after the Colorado incident came to Genoa City to do business with Newman Enterprises (and get back at Sharon). I kind of remembered this story so I refreshed my memory and looked it up on Wikipedia. There is a lot of the story line there. It's a doozy. I check there if I can't totally remember a story or character.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Whoa, Nellie!  I mean, Lily.  Before you go all in on Sally and Chloe's redesign, insist on close review of any aromatherapy they intend to use at Chancellor/Winters.  After all, Sally has been with Nick for far too long now not to have her taste in that arena questioned.

She may become accustomed to Nick's idea of what smells good.  If Lily and Devon aren't careful, the place is going to smell like stewed cabbage, jock sweat, week old underwear stain and toe fungus along with frequent infusions of what Nick like's to call, Tuna Surprise. 

I was hoping Neil's picture was going to fall off the wall and boing Lily and Devon right on the head.

It's what Neil and Katherine would have wanted.

Nice to see that MS stopped on her way to work and had some more air pumped into her lips.  If she gets a gas leak she's going to blow up the GCAC.  I wish she'd gone with a matte finish instead of her usual high gloss with her make up but what can you do?

Those scenes between Phyllis and Dummer.....were they huffing glue inbetween scenes, because the dialogue got more bizarre by the utterance.

The crap Phyllis was spewing was exactly the same nonsense that Dummer and everyone else was shutting down before her fake death, but now, Dummer is apologizing and backing her up?  Phyllis is eating her daughter alive and telling her this is how mommies and daughters love each other?   Phyllis's response is not a whit different than her response when she ran down Paul and Christine all those years ago.

I hope Kyle kicks Dummer as far out of his life as he can, at least without mussing his hair.  Imagine:  it won't be long before Phyllis and her ghoulish grin will be loosed on Genoa City once again and I bet it won't be long before she's back at Jabot, this time, hired by Ashley.

Just look at what Diane made them do!!

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

So many to choose from, NinjaPenguins, so many, but this one

Chance: You rich motherfuckers think I can be summoned like a butler. Should I bring you your slippers and smoking jacket too?

Nick: Could you? Nick hands Chance a single key dangling from a Hooters keychain. It’s the Shrek slippers next to the shitter. Thanks, bro.

will fill my dreams tonight with sweet pretties!

####DEAD again####

• LOL 10

Chloe we are so good?  Are you speaking French now?  No Chloe, Sally is good. You’re just a leach on Sally’s ass. If Chloe got all beautiful for this, it was an epic fail. The only way, Mrs Chipmunk you can be beautiful is put a sack on your head and sever your vocal cords.  Her voice is as annoying than having a case of the shingles.  I thought for sure that Chloe was going to mention Rexx Ruggs as a place they tried to renovate.  Here we go again with Chloe mentioning taking Banana Breath’s money.  That benefits Chloe more than Sally because with her non existent husband, she needs the paycheck. Chloe weren’t you ready to scurry off if Sally went to work for Adam?  What a looser. 

Hey Crispy 2.0, if Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ is your secret weapon, then your are in even deeper 💩💩💩than I thought. When they were giving out brains, in heaven, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ thought they said trains, so she took the first one out 😜

Crispy 2.0, do you really want to convince me that you are sorry that you left your kids.  No Crispy 2.0 you’re more sorry that you’re not going to win.  Crispy2.0 nobody to help you out?  You had Lauren, Nikki, and Ashley to help you out until you started to take things into your own hand like calling Stark and bringing him to town. 

Crispy 2.0 confesses that she was part of the plan and not actually coerced into the plan and Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ doesn’t even give 💩💩.  What does Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ mean that she can’t let Crispy 2.0 take all the blame?  I get it, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️ is now blaming herself. Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️is now Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️, especially telling Crispy 2.0 she’s a better mother than Diane.  The only truth that came out of Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️’s mouth is that Diane could never be like you. another person like you.  Crispy 2.0 is trust worthy 😳?  Yes, Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️, Crispy 2.0 is trustworthy if you believe all her lies and manipulations.  If you are such a wonderful mother Crispy 2.0 then why are you giving Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ a major guilt trip.  Crispy 2.0, for Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ she was aiding and abetting plus obstructing  justice the second you revealed yourself to her and didn’t go to the police.  I’m not sure if Summer❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ realized that if Crispy 2.0 stayed away, Diane could still be charged with her mom’s murder?  No, she just wants her mom home. 

Lily if you’re so enamored with Neil’s portrait, then have one hung in your office. You can admire it as much as you want just like Cruella does with her portrait. Lily didn’t you have “something” to do with about two weeks ago?  What “timing” was off then?  

I don’t know who Sharon’s stalker, from Denver, is so I had to read up on him. So, in essence, Diane and Sharon are going to have the same type of story line. Stark was back from prison for Diane and Cameron back from prison for Sharon.  Cameron looks like he comes from Colorado.  I hope that Chance can multitask 😜 between Diane and Sharon. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Chloe: It’s fine. We are soooo busy with our one trillion clients. The Taj Mahal? That was us. We just did a reno on Taylor Swift’s skort closet.

This is so damn funny! Though TBH originally I imagined culottes (which my mother wore in the early 80s, to my embarrassment) instead of skorts, and realized that not even Taylor Swift could make culottes trend.

Even though I'm not watching I feel bad for Summer. Phyllis is a vile, horrible person for doing this to her children and the writers are awful for presenting this thing as a character to root for. I just don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

I’m embarrassed now that I remember wearing culottes as a small child in the 80’s. I’d be more upset with my mother, but, hey. At least she’s not Phyllis.

I have intermittently felt some compassion for Summer, though those moments are getting fewer and farther between. Crispy is gaslighting her and practically brainwashing her, not to mention making her an accessory to her crimes and torpedoing her marriage. If Crispy was a decent  mother, she’d march her bony ass to the police station at Crimson Lights and turn herself in. Ol’ Bluetooth opts to continue burdening and exploiting her kids instead.

Damn you, Kitty! I’ve talked myself into feeling bad for Summer again. It’ll last right up until she’s back on my screen, doing her pouting asshole act.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Damn you, Kitty! I’ve talked myself into feeling bad for Summer again. It’ll last right up until she’s back on my screen, doing her pouting asshole act.

Bad Kitty, bad bad bad Kitty!

13 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

This is so damn funny! Though TBH originally I imagined culottes (which my mother wore in the early 80s, to my embarrassment) instead of skorts, and realized that not even Taylor Swift could make culottes trend.

Hey, hey, hey, I take umbrage with this shittery on culottes! My parents were pretty swinging in the 70's and they took a trip to San Fran back then and brought me back lime green SATIN culottes with a big brass zipper right up the front of my hooch with a giant round pull on it. I mean, come ON! I was the coolest little kid in my 'hood. I felt empowered and sassy and cool AF in those culottes, which I wore with a red,white, & blue bandeau top and matching sheer blouse. I know, I know, but it was the 70's and shit like that just worked, YKWIM? So remember that before you shit upon culottes again dear people!

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Hey, hey, hey, I take umbrage with this shittery on culottes! My parents were pretty swinging in the 70's and they took a trip to San Fran back then and brought me back lime green SATIN culottes with a big brass zipper right up the front of my hooch with a giant round pull on it. I mean, come ON! I was the coolest little kid in my 'hood. I felt empowered and sassy and cool AF in those culottes, which I wore with a red,white, & blue bandeau top and matching sheer blouse. I know, I know, but it was the 70's and shit like that just worked, YKWIM? So remember that before you shit upon culottes again dear people!

I LOVE YOU GINGERELLA!!!! Looks like you and I are the only 2 fashionistas here.  I had quite a few pair that I can still picture in my mind. This was around 1969 to 1973 or so.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, pvandal said:

I kind of remembered this story so I refreshed my memory and looked it up on Wikipedia. There is a lot of the story line there. It's a doozy. I check there if I can't totally remember a story or character.

I see your commitment to Show History and honor that shit. However, I'm afraid on your deathbed you might want that time back...just a thought...xo

Just now, MsMalin said:

I LOVE YOU GINGERELLA!!!! Looks like you and I are the only 2 fashionistas here.  I had quite a few pair that I can still picture in my mind. This was around 1969 to 1973 or so.

Thank you!

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 10
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Somewhere in the 70’s (it’s all a blur,right?) I had off white culottes with a southwestern patterned trim and matching vest.  I thought I was very stylish at the time. I wore them with my brown mules that had daisys stitched on them. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
56 minutes ago, jqdeco said:
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

Expand  

Somewhere in the 70’s (it’s all a blur,right?) I had off white culottes with a southwestern patterned trim and matching vest.  I thought I was very stylish at the time. I wore them with my brown mules that had daisys stitched on them. 

Fuck yeah, you did! And lemme guess, you also had one of those hand tooled leather bags with the stiched sides and painted flowers, #amiright?! I bet you looked fabulous! When I think of this era of fashion, and then I watch this shit show, I honestly don't even know what era they're dressing these people in anymore.

image.png.d69f17e325861c701cbfde0e4eb49ba3.png

PS: Fuck skorts, culottes were the OG shiz!

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

LOL the fashions of the late 60s into about 76 were my absolute favorites. A few years ago I replicated many of the outfits I had and sewed them for Barbie dolls. I also absolutely loved Nehru jackets.

I guess this is getting off track now so back to the show: I hope Phyllis is out in the open soon and she gets her just desserts. I must say that Michelle S is doing a good acting  job as I really really hate Phyllis now and don't think her character is ever going to be redeemable.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I really really hate Phyllis now and don't think her character is ever going to be redeemable.

Oh, she will be redeemed, forgiven, exonerated and canonized.  There will be a whole host of people lined up (or sitting at the Jazz Lounge) to apologize for the way they treated her which caused her to commit all the despicable crimes she did.  Poor Phylth- nobody liked her, nobody believed her about Diane, nobody wanted her to wreak havoc on their businesses by giving her a job.  Boo fucking hoo.  Go eat worms.

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1

I hope they're not bringing Faith back to kill her off. I'd like to think the show wouldn't do that to Sharon twice, but seems like the exact thing they'd do. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 1

Why am I not surprised that another spouse of a current character, is back in GC. 

Linden Ashby (Cameron) is Susan Walters’ (Diane) real life husband married 37 years. Kudos to them and they make a good looking couple to boot. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Why am I not surprised that another spouse of a current character, is back in GC. 

Linden Ashby (Cameron) is Susan Walters’ (Diane) real life husband married 37 years. Kudos to them and they make a good looking couple to boot. 

A HA! I knew there was something fishy about this shite bucket. My best guess is that the Diane character has been so successful for this shit show, that Susan finally renegotiated her contract to include her husband. Et voila, now we have this stupid ass plot shoved up our collective asses. I fucking hate these show runners. And CBS.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
On 5/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, NinjaPenguins said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Sally could be on an episode and not talk about babies?

Well that's kind of what mothers-to-be, especially first-timers, talk about - you know, because they're pregnant - - and in reality, any healthy minded woman who was in Sally's situation would be focused on the impending motherhood stage of her life, not on some man, including the baby daddy, although there actually are people who live their sad little lives like they're living in some kind of soap opera.

Pregnancy tends to bring out the practical side of the mother-to-be

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Someone on another soap forum noticed this from Friday's episode:

0QvxXV0.jpg

ZKBiUML.jpg

Who wore the shirt best, lol? I'm gonna have to go with Chance though his is maybe a size too big and looks kind of blousey to me.

My best guess is that the Diane character has been so successful for this shit show, that Susan finally renegotiated her contract to include her husband.

Could be but Linden Ashby (Cameron Kirsten) recently did an interview where he said JG reached out to him a year ago to come back to Y&R. He couldn't though because he was tied up with some movie projects. Per his IMDb page it doesn't seem like he's been hurting for work and needed his wife to throw her weight around at Y&R.

Maybe this is why Jeremy Stark's presence in GC was extended. JG had a villain slot to fill until he could get Cameron Kirsten back in town and Jeremy was handy. Whatever, I'm just hoping Cameron does not ever appear in gray velour.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
On 5/24/2023 at 7:44 PM, Waldo13 said:

Nikki, what is giving Cruella that glow is the stick up her ass.  That stick is so long you can actually see it dragging behind her as she walks. 

I read that too fast and I thought you said she has a glow stick up her ass!🤪

• LOL 10

So now that Cameron Kirsten is back in town, does that mean that Grace Turner will be lurking about?

19 hours ago, gingerella said:

My parents were pretty swinging in the 70's and they took a trip to San Fran back then and brought me back lime green SATIN culottes with a big brass zipper right up the front of my hooch with a giant round pull on it.

Some fashion trends from the 70s are best forgotten.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 5/26/2023 at 9:42 PM, Waldo13 said:

Crispy 2.0, do you really want to convince me that you are sorry that you left your kids.  No Crispy 2.0 you’re more sorry that you’re not going to win.

Oh, come on now.  She will flap those wings of hers and somehow  be able to convince everyone that it was all DIANE'S fault.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

So now that Cameron Kirsten is back in town, does that mean that Grace Turner will be lurking about?

Some fashion trends from the 70s are best forgotten.

And culottes are not one of them. Wayyyy better than skorts IMO!

• LOL 2
On 5/25/2023 at 9:01 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Poor Connor, lol. Is he still at the "girls have cooties" stage or is he just bothered by Johnny's attention being diverted to Lucy?

Oh he strikes me as a confirmed bachelor.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Well that's kind of what mothers-to-be, especially first-timers, talk about - you know, because they're pregnant - - and in reality, any healthy minded woman who was in Sally's situation would be focused on the impending motherhood stage of her life, not on some man, including the baby daddy, although there actually are people who live their sad little lives like they're living in some kind of soap opera.

Pregnancy tends to bring out the practical side of the mother-to-be

Thanks for the life lesson.

3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

LOL I can't believe Chance and Cameron are wearing the same shirt. And yes, I mean the SAME shirt.

Chance is wearing the shirt, but the shirt is wearing Cameron. I can’t believe we’re on the third iteration of “older guy causes trouble in Genoa City” in such a short time. I wonder which fine resident will get to murder Cameron? It’s probably too soon for Nick to ice another scumbag.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

WTAF is Summer the CEO of? This show I swear. Very few soaps get anything right in terms of business storylines but this show takes an almost gleeful pride in just being shitty at it. I know most of their budget goes to hair gel for Kyle’s bouffant so they can’t afford any advisors but Google is free. Like they could find out that no, the aging stripper wearing a sequined caftan for a skirt is not going to be handling international trade meetings. No, the doctor who is probably not even done with residency is not going to be a high powered executive who fucks his boss, no multi billion dollar international conglomerates cannot be sold, bought, or created in the speed they are on this show, no the real life version of Skipper who can’t even feel her nor notice her  not dead mother dressed like Batgirl sliding a keycard in her ass can’t be a CEO. 

Phyllis is a cesspool of a human. Just garbage. And yet they want us to view her as the heroine. She’s trash. In the glory days of soaps a character like her would be killed for real and a fabulous, well written whodunnit would follow. I have zero sympathy for Summer but it was actually disturbing watching her gaslight and manipulate her. Alison Lanier isn’t the best actress but I thought she did well in those scenes going between disgusted and yet sympathetic when Phyllis started her caw cawwing. For a moment she made me feel bad for Summer. 

I’m excited for this Sharon story. Not because I think it will be any good but I’m always down for some unintentional comedy. The close up of Sharon’s face when she was supposed to show a look of fright and concern SENT me. I could practically hear SC’s inner monologue “OK OK I think I look scared. I’m moving my lips. Are they moving? I don’t know, I haven’t felt my face since the Obama administration. Ok shift my eyes back and forth. There we go. Is that me on that monitor? Oh god it looks like my dentures slipped but I don’t wear dentures” 

• Like 4
  • Fire 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

^^^TMW you're reading this forum and smoke starts coming out of your device because a post is burning the joint down.

not dead mother dressed like Batgirl sliding a keycard in her ass

That visual is going to haunt me for a while. 😧

Oh he strikes me as a confirmed bachelor.

I think it'd be interesting if Connor went through an incel phase (but the show definitely would not call him that). He probably needs to be a bit older though.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)

So I spent this Memorial Day morning making pulled pork and potato salad. Sadly, I finished in time to see the show, and the sickness we know as Phyllis. It's gonna take me a couple of hours to get my appetite back. She certainly has the Narcissists' Playbook down pat, doesn't she? Grooming Dummer to be Duper's Delight 2.0? Triangulates her son to his sister by dismissing him doing the moral or right thing, as a genetic or child-rearing flaw from his father? Then disgustingly goes to discuss how important family is. We haven't seen any new sets in ages. Let's hope one is being built with a cell block for Phyllis and her terminally gaslite daughter. BTW, had to question why Mr. Positivity Billy was being so negative about Diane's future? He needs to pay attention to his own. Victor seemed to have a clue that the former surgeon, sociopathic side-part Nate was trying to crawl up his butt now too. He stood up, anyway. As for Victoria's hair....one Kool Aid orange head (Phyllis) on the show will be quite enough for me to swallow, thanks. It's a shame, I thought at least the color was lovely before. Well, anyway, I'll always have that portrait in her office to refer to.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Y’all.

I haven’t liked Lily since CK took over the role eleventy-five years ago. And I was cheering for her today.

I’ve hated Christine since her dad wrote her into the heroine/victim role for every single SL. And I was cheering for her today.

I genuinely can’t figure out how this is going to play out. It’s obvious that the show was trying to make it plausible that Phyllis skate, but after the last few shows and especially today, with finally allowing people to be outraged and disgusted, openly having Summer and Phyllis discussing the fact that Daniel has a moral compass because he was raised by a good parent, even showing Phyllis making a totally repugnant joke to Summer about faking her own death…. It seems like the feedback from fans about the way this was playing out forced a hard correction. Could they really let Firecrotch fry for this? Hope springs eternal, I suppose.

Also, nothing says ass-kissing like complimenting Victor Newman on his humility. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Caught the opening moments  of today's show in passing. Did Y&R get a budget infusion? The sets look bigger and brighter.

And Chance must've decided he really liked that shirt and bought it in several colors, ha ha. I do the same thing.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Caught the opening moments  of today's show in passing. Did Y&R get a budget infusion? The sets look bigger and brighter.

I noticed that too, extras are back, there are employees in the coffee house and restaurants. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1