Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Hmmm.....  Show made some interesting choices with its Valentine's Day episode, didn't it?

I was happy to see that Victoria decided to go all out for the holiday and dressed herself up in a more festive black blouse.  Her asking Nick to get together so she could ask him about his romantic relationship with Sally was nice, though it was evident she also wanted to discuss how her romantic relationship with Victor was hitting the usual hazards.  Don't fall for that old "It's not you, it's me" bullshit from Victor when things go south this time, Vic.

God Speed, Newman Twits!  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I didn't realize that Crimson Lights had dispensed with with human baristas and gone to a fully robotic wait staff.  We had/have a coffee kiosk in San Francisco that did the same thing, though the voice at the SF kiosk was a better human imitation than the one at Crimson Lights.  Hopefully, the next time Sally decides to discuss her life with a partially sentient coffee pot, said pot will have learned to at least blink and the speech patterns will flow more smoothly.  Though, if Sally wants to find out more what being in a relationship with Nick is really like, she'd do better to buy a day pass for the Genoa City Zoo and spend that time in the Monkey House.  

I thought it was a curious choice for Nikki to spend her Valentine's Day sitting on her couch, folding clothes from the big pile next to her.  Lucky she was paying attention, though, or she would never have found shiny dog collar!   I guess even in Genoa City, folks need to be reminded to empty out their pockets before tossing stuff in the laundry. 

I did enjoy the reminiscences between Daniel and Lily.  It was fun remembering way back when they fled town together after he killed Cassie.

Oh, I kid, twas an accident.  To be honest, I thought DG was terrific back then and I like him now.

I did not expect to see Heather when he went back to the Granular NItwit and found her waiting in his room.  Heather looks good. As knocked off balance as this must be for him, I hope Daniel remembers how much worse it could be.  It could have been Phyllis waiting for him.

Edited by boes
  • Like 7
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, boes said:

I thought it was a curious choice for Nikki to spend her Valentine's Day sitting on her couch, folding clothes from the big pile next to her on the couch.  Lucky she was paying attention, though, or she would never have found shiny dog collar!   I guess even in Genoa City, folks need to be reminded to empty out their pockets before tossing stuff in the laundry. 

I came here to say the same thing, only with much less flair!  Victor gave Nikki a bedazzled collar for a 180-pound Rottweiler.  She already has the matching leash.  But for a multi-billionaire, Victor buys cheap ❤-Day cards.  I always go for the ones that have a puppy or kitten on them.  You can never go wrong with cute.  This year, I almost got the $7.99 Snoopy and Woodstock pop-up card, but I'm still paying off Christmas and my gas bill has been freaking insane the past two months.  

Hey, that's original Heather!  Thank gods, the other two were woefully miscast.  Will she be visiting Paulie Tightpockets while she's in town?   How about Adam?  He's feeling down in the dumps and could use a booty call right about now.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, boes said:

thought it was a curious choice for Nikki to spend her Valentine's Day sitting on her couch, folding clothes from the big pile next to her on the couch

Ah, that still hits the spot.

I hate that I had to miss the most magical day of the soap year due to work. I gotta ask if I can make my own hours like the Genoa City professionals.

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Don't Kyle and Summer live at Jack's house?.Who are they to render opinions on the Diane move in? Loved Phyllis getting served by Summer and Jack on the same day, but also fear this is just another prelude to bringing on her "I was right" redemptive arc. Another future episode for me to miss. BTW, are Phyllis and Sharon going to the same discount plastic surgery clinic across the border in Mexico? The only benefit I can see with their over pillow pumped cheeks and lips will be if the show ends, or they leave, and they land a gig on "Botched." It was great when Tucker asked Ms. "Kiss My Ashley" exactly why she came to see him  Well acted on his part, IMO  Danny & Heather....Danny is not attractive in any way to me, the actress playing Heather was lackluster. Glad they are going their separate ways, hopefully to get some B-12 shots to up the zero energy levels that were on display today. GC presently has no need for another passionless couple. Let me see, there's already Sally and Nick, Devon and Abby, Nate and Elena, Victoria and Nate, Nikki and Grampire, Ally and Noah, Billy and Chelsea. Sorry if I left anyone out 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

From yesterday, I enjoyed the Valentine’s Day flashbacks. MTS looked breathtaking in the scene from their second (?) wedding.

Wondering why they didn’t show flashbacks for Sharon and Nick though. I know the show is not looking to get them back together, but I still would’ve liked the walk down memory lane.

I hope hotels don’t let just anyone into people’s room even if they say they’re married to them.

Dark burgundy still shows sweat stains dude, but I hope Tucker is lying to Ashley about the state of his finances. If not, the character is too pathetic.

Speaking of burgundy, Stark sure rocked that jacket. 🤩

• Like 8
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Can someone tell me what Daniel did that was so unforgivable to Heather and Lucy?

He's never gotten specific, but all I can imagine is that at some point, in one of their fights, he told her she reminded him of Phyllis.

Now them's DEEEEVORCING words!

I like this actress, but do any of you remember how on the TWOP board she was nicknamed "Man Jaw"?  Maybe he called her that. 

(Another one of the Heathers was nicknamed "Man Hands".  Character has never fared too well for too long in GC.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10

Now Phyllis is trying to work her kids against each other to prop her own ego. Ugh.

Tucker wears jeans well. I'd almost put him right up there with Chance. Almost.

Go Jack! You keep chewing that little twerp out. IMO Kyle is a spoiled brat and has only conditional loyalty to you.

Maternal instincts? Pshht, Phyllis has the maternal instincts of a guppy. Baby guppies are lucky if Mama Guppy doesn't eat them as soon as they're born.

Heather looked great. It seemed to me like her voice hadn't aged at all.

Ashley: Tucker, I hope you're not expecting a repeat performance of my last visit.
Tucker: why not? My encore is fire!
Ashley: first, stop saying that, you sound like a try-hard. And second, my body is not ready. You're a lot, Tucker.
Audra: I know that's right.
😏

Phyllis took the opened bottle of champagne with her when she left the restaurant. That's not legal, is it? She could cause Society to lose its liquor license.

Not sure whether Phyllis misunderstands what "cutting the apron strings" means or if the MWTs do. Either way, Daniel and Summer have been living their adult lives for years without her so-called protection, totally stringless.

Yeah, I'm with Tucker. Ashley is being sketchy AF. I have the refrain of this song on repeat on his behalf.

Phyllis has Diane OCD. What a loon. Jack was barely able to finish his drink before he had to hightail it away from her.

Oooh, Heather. When Phyllis finds out you dumped her son for another man she'll be calling you all kinds of ungrateful heaux. Poor Daniel.

GMAFB. Simp Tucker's ready to give up everything for Ashley? Somebody needs to put him UNDER the ashram.

Jeremy! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Copperhead’s chin should be registered at a lethal weapon because she always leans forward as she talks.  Right out of the box Copperhead told  Summer a white lie. Her trip was good but she admitted to Daniel, it was an epic fail.  The one thing that you can count on is Copperheads ability to rationalize the situation in her own mind. As I said before, I have nothing against MS. It’s the character she plays. I’ve known too many people, both male and female, who are just like Copperhead.  Copperhead thinks her children owe her everything but in reality they come through you but don’t belong to you. They are not property.  

Nice play Ashley using Diane’s relationship ship with Jack to advance your relationship with Tucker. Tit for tat.  Is Tucker playing for sympathy or has he seen the light and he is ready to give everything up.  

That’s it in a nutshell, Kyle doesn’t think. Like Copperhead, Victor, Cruella, etc, he is myopic.  

How quickly the story changes now with Heather being in town. Copperhead comes back to GC with no indication that Heather was receptive to what Copperhead was telling her about Daniel and now, from Heather, we hear that she was in favor of Copperhead’s trip.  But there was another shoe dropped that Heather fell in love with someone else. Great news!  Copperhead can’t take credit for being back together Daniel and Heather and now Daniel can move forward with Lily.    

Chance meetings are common occurrence in GC but I do have to question the latest won with Jack and Copperhead. Why would Jack go to The Grand Albatross?  Diane is no longer there. 

So Stark is back in GC. I’m waiting for the monkeys with a keyboard to explain how it happened. No matter if he proved he didn’t steal the necklace, he’s still in possession of stolen property and an accessory before and after the fact not to mention conspiracy. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
27 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I have nothing against MS. It’s the character she plays

Personally, with the long stringy hair and the neon teeth, combined with her chewing the scenery and arm flapping like she's a 747, I think she's a terrible one note actress

eta: So Jeremy Stark is back in town and the first person he runs onto is Copperhead...hmm...  Is he pissed she initially called  him OR is he going to help stir the Diane pot with her?

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I thought that was Chelsea. I might have the old list on my old laptop... I'll check.

No, you're right, that's Chelsea's nickname.  Maybe it was man hands??

• LOL 4

Phyllis gets crazier and crazier every time we see her. This encounter with Stark tells us that she is going to go off the cliff doing something with her. How many times does she have to say “I’m not the monster” or “I’m the victim here!”  Or “Why does everyone treat me so badly?” Shut up, Red. We do not care about you anymore.

Just now, Gam2 said:

Phyllis gets crazier and crazier every time we see her. This encounter with Stark tells us that she is going to go off the cliff doing something with her. How many times does she have to say “I’m not the monster” or “I’m the victim here!”  Or “Why does everyone treat me so badly?” Shut up, Red. We do not care about you anymore.

Oops, I meant “doing something with him” not her. Proofreading is a good thing.

• Like 8
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2

boes, I found this re Heather's nicknames:

Heather (VB) - ADA Barbie, Malibu Seabiscuit Barbie, Malibu Skipper, Moley, PantHeather, RealHeather after the fact,Whiney, The Mole

Heather (ER) - ADA Jugghead, Alice The Goon, AlienHead, Boobs DA, Boobther, DA T&A, ET, Feather, Gladys Kravitz, HatchetFacedHagNotHeather, Helium Heather, Heliumhead, Ho ther , Hoe-ther, Jugs, Jugsy McGee, Mrs Kravitz 2 0, notHeather, OldBianca, Olive Oyle, Oyl, Pro-Kravitz com, Pro-Kravitz-dot- Heather, Shelley Duval the Younger, the Disney Princess,Bangs

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

boes, I found this re Heather's nicknames:

Heather (VB) - ADA Barbie, Malibu Seabiscuit Barbie, Malibu Skipper, Moley, PantHeather, RealHeather after the fact,Whiney, The Mole

Heather (ER) - ADA Jugghead, Alice The Goon, AlienHead, Boobs DA, Boobther, DA T&A, ET, Feather, Gladys Kravitz, HatchetFacedHagNotHeather, Helium Heather, Heliumhead, Ho ther , Hoe-ther, Jugs, Jugsy McGee, Mrs Kravitz 2 0, notHeather, OldBianca, Olive Oyle, Oyl, Pro-Kravitz com, Pro-Kravitz-dot- Heather, Shelley Duval the Younger, the Disney Princess,Bangs

Sweepea59, You are a goddess!!

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I know everything on this show happens off-screen, but unless Heather adopted Lucy at some point, she has no claim to her and no business keeping her in Portugal against Daniel's wishes.  

Phyllis is a giant, tightly wound bundle of bitterness and frustration right now.  She's totally going to give Jeremy a tour of The Ganja Psilocybe, beginning with the dumpster behind the building.

Yeah, Summer and Kyle, if you're unhappy with Jack's choices in his own house, you can take your big fat CEO paychecks and buy your own place.

I wonder if Tucker is expecting Ashley to leak info to Victor...?

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Yeah, but I think Heather is old enough to choose and at her age may prefer living with the woman who has raised her whether or not she adopted her. I have the feeling Daniel may have had an additction or something. And Heather mentioned forgiving him, so he did something not so good.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Didn’t Daniel say he was verbally abusive to both Heather and Lucy? Maybe he got physical as well. Either way, depending on what exactly he said and for how long before she left, that would certainly be cause to say ‘no more.’

• Like 7
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Julyolo said:

It was great when Tucker asked Ms. "Kiss My Ashley" exactly why she came to see him  Well acted on his part, IMO 

agreed, he's starting to grow on me.  I do wish he would have gone into the bathroom and noisily brushed his teeth - with the door open- after that disgusting kiss. Who squeezes someone's mouth into a pucker to kiss them?  Yeeech.

17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why would Jack go to The Grand Albatross?  Diane is no longer there. 

They don't serve drinks at Crimson Lights or that tacky bench out in the freezing weather.  There's nowhere else except Society which I assume is also in the Grating Patoot since Phylth dragged her Only For People Who Support Me champagne up to her room.  Then she came down for a martini?  Are we going to get a rehab story for Phylth?  I'd rather see her join forces with Jeremy and wind up in prison.

3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

may prefer living with the woman who has raised her whether or not she adopted her.

Tucker keeps referring to Heather as Daniel's 'partner'.  Did the two ever marry?  I don't think Daniel has ever mentioned her as wife, just Heather.  He did explain that Lucy was in Portugal because she wanted to be, and he was ok with letting her do that, when he first came back to GC.  He gave permission for Heather to take her, which is a lot better treatment than Tara got.

12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Yeah, Summer and Kyle, if you're unhappy with Jack's choices in his own house, you can take your big fat CEO paychecks and buy your own place.

Amen to this.  I hope Summer buys her own place and refuses to let him in.

Edited to add:  the lamp with the dirty spot is now in Sally's room, Tucker's and Daniel's.  Bingo!

Edited by MollyB
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

I am picking up on a strange undercurrent in the narratives of cheating with both Nate and Devon. Both men have impulsively fallen in lust with two white women, whose only accomplishments are derivative of their "Big Daddy" Victor Newman. The women of color they betrayed, Amanda and Elena, are much more educated and accomplished, both having earned advanced degrees as a MD, and an attorney. I am feeling mighty uncomfortable with the message the MWT's are sending here. It marks Devon as impulsive and immature. Nate? Once a man dedicated to being a compassionate professional, now a craven opportunist, who is bordering on sociopathy. The theme surrounding both Elena and Amanda is that since they weren't available to inflate the egos of these "man boys"  on a daily basis, they ended up getting shafted. Just saying (in my own clumsy way) that I find these two storylines very disrespectful in multiple ways. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 7
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

Please don’t waste Jeremy Stark on Phyllis!!!!!

I forget which lovely poster said it but I agree that Ashley should move Tucker into the Abbott mansion.

Poor Elena is over Nate. He’s become a self loving douche.

What did we viewers do to deserve flirting Victoria? It’s painful to watch. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

The red skirted Arctic wraith surveys her environment for potential mates. Spotting the Self Important Booby, she guides him to a comfortable patch of grass and begins the timeless mating dance of her kind. Awkward questions and a musk of desperation are highlights of this ritual.

The intricacies of the interplay between wraith and booby are fascinating. Excessive praise, subtle creation of divisions between the booby and his current mate and repetitive reflections on past collaborations dazzle the eye. The booby may return to his own nest after this flurry of activity, where his mate will soon detect the interloper wraith’s scent.

Flush with success, the red skirted Arctic wraith is easy prey for the devious Neck Turtle, who may approach with deceptively grand offerings .

@@@@@@@@@

Ashley: I came here to get away from the sickening Diane and Jack lovefest. I also  kind of enjoy when you try to talk your way into my pants and I can reject you.

Tucker: I enjoy it too. You know, I just want to… strip it all down and start fresh.

Ashley: I’m having hot flashes in weird places. Bye

@@@@@@@@

Phyllis: I know that look, Jeremy Stark. You want revenge.

Jeremy: You don’t seem to be afraid of me. Could it be that this panic among the hoi polloi and Genoa City treating me like I’m history’s greatest monster was all the invention of a bunch of catty bitches?

Phyllis: You’re all bark and no bite.

Jeremy: I can nibble. You’re at your breaking point, I can tell. You’re practically vibrating with crazy and, to be honest, I’m kind of into that.

Tucker: I’mma just cruise through and taunt viewers with the possibility of slumming with Phyllis. Her milkshake brings all the guys to the yard, mostly because it’s brimming with bath salts.

Phyllis: I’m not like with with this icky criminal. He just sat down.

Tucker: Lol, whatevs. The dumpsters are on the west side of the building.

Phyllis: Excuse me, but I am much too classy to be seen with the likes of you.

Jeremy: We both loathe Diane. Maybe we could help each other.

Phyllis: People regret getting involved with you. And that’s not just a trite phrase under my yearbook photo.

Jeremy: Not everyone. Not people like you.

Phyllis: What in the hell is that supposed to mean?

Jeremy: I googled ‘copperhead’ one day. I was looking for snakes but got your Wikipedia entry instead.

@@@@@@@@

Allie: Chemistry! Science rules!

Ashley: Yeah, chemistry. Putting two elements together and just waiting for them to… explode.

Allie: Are we talking about the lab?

Ashley: Of course. And your hard work will help Jabot dominate the market. Dominate. Dominance. BRB, I need to hit the farm store and buy a riding crop.

@@@@@@@@@

Heather: Yeah, you’re dumped.

Daniel: But what if I mansplain your own feelings to you?

Heather: There’s someone else.

Daniel: What if I mansplain your feelings for him to you?

Heather: Let’s both move on. I mean, Lily is going to be tapping that soon anyway.

Daniel: Can you at least tell our daughter I’m not a total fuck-up anymore?

Heather: Tell her yourself. She’s here and almost looks the same age as you.

Daniel: Lucy, I’m sorry about about my vaguely described shite behavior in Georgia. Grandma Phyllis was in a coma but still worked my last nerve.

Lucy: You were a dick in ways I can’t be specific about.

Daniel: Remember how we used to play that one untitled video game with the totally unique story of light battling darkness?

Lucy: How could I forget? You’d always start sobbing about how the X-box reminded you of the time Grandma had an affair with the dude who was hunting you for vengeance.

Daniel: Well, I was inspired to create a derivative game about a Princess Louise. Here’s what she looks like.

Lucy: It’s me.

Daniel: You’re my princess.

Lucy: Dad, lots of girls don’t actually want to play princess games. We want to blow up zombies and kick ninjas in the nuts.

Daniel: In Genoa City, that’s what they call crazy talk. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

My memory may be failing me but isn’t Daniel the biological parent to Lucy? Isn’t Heather actually her step-mother? So why does Heather get to decide where she lives and with whom?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

My memory may be failing me but isn’t Daniel the biological parent to Lucy? Isn’t Heather actually her step-mother? So why does Heather get to decide where she lives and with whom?

He is. I don't know if Heather adopted her or if there's some other parental agreement in place.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2

Does Cruella ever change her clothes?  I hope she’s not like a hockey player a waits 3 periods before changing their underwear  😜

Did Heather meet her new squeeze, at work, before she went to Portugal?  If so, they went there together. Lucy must of known about this new guy so Daniel had to do something really bad to want to go to Portugal also with Heather and approves of her new squeeze.  

Fucking idiotic monkeys with a keyboard making a lame ass excuse for why Stark is out of jail. He had good lawyers and the charges were absurd and didn’t stick. First of all if his lawyer were that good, he wouldn’t have gone to jail in the first place. Second of all Stark had STOLEN GOODS IN HIS POSSESSION no matter I’d he stole them or not. Circumstantial evidence my ass. Chance found the stolen necklace in his jacket that he knew that it was there.  

Who has sex first; Stark and Copperhead or Cruella and Natey Nate Nate.  The main problem is that neither one of them have any chemistry so it will be lust not sex. 

Natey Nate Nate has a killer instinct. Did he have the same instinct as a doctor 🤔?  

I’m throwing Natey Nate Nate and Elena in to the no chemistry whatsoever mix.  As Natey Nate Nate was talking to Elena, about business, her eyes were glazing over. It definitely wasn’t from her long day in the ER. 

I’m I having a senior moment in not noticing all the crystal balls before that have been popping up?  In Daniel’s room, at the Grand Albatross, and now, in the living room, at the Abbott house. Was there a sale at HomeGoods.  

Lucy is only 13?  To me she looks older than Faith. But what does an old man know about teenagers these days. Lucy could also have made a credible Faith.  They look like they could be sisters. 

I’m not so sure Tucker is giving up at least I don’t hope so.  If he is, than Victor wins. I’m not saying Cruella wins unless Adam refuses to take over Tucker’s empire. 

MCE is pregnant with her second child. Now I’m wondering how the monkeys with a keyboard are going to work this in to Chelsea’s life. 

• Like 16
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Natey Nate Nate has a killer instinct. Did he have the same instinct as a doctor 🤔?

Nate was a surgeon, and surgeons are well known for thinking of themselves as major deities, so the attitude works in both the OR and the corporate boardroom - and speaking of Nate, am I the only one who finds the "sexual tension building between Nate and Victoria" storyline as dull as dishwater?

• Like 10
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

My guess is because Daniel was an alcoholic abuser.

Lucy was very pretty but looks way older than 13.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

OOPS MISTAKE

Edited by MsMalin
I'm an idiot
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 1
  • Wink 1

I want to known what the fuckedy fuck kind of outfit Lucy was {wasn't} wearing?  A white bodysuit with a leather apron? I was embarrassed for her.

Please can we NOT GET a Copperhead-central story line? I might have to take a break if so.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Another endless day in GC. This one's been going on for a week now. 🙄

Dang, Victoria wasted no time getting all up in Nate's personal business. Happy Valentine's Day, Elena, from the icy bish who's trying to take your man.

Good grief, what did Ashley hope to accomplish with Tucker if she was just going to throw anything he said right back at him?

Phyllis' cheek fillers are scary to me. I think she looks like her face is infected.

Wait, Jeremy and Tucker had never met before? But I loved how quickly Tucker read that situation: Phyllis is playing coy but she kinda wants herself a taste of some Jeremy. Chicks love the bad boys, lol.

Oh dear, does Allie have cheek fillers too? Y&R's makeup people must've scored a great group rate.

Daniel's little Lucy has grown up. Hmm, she's the right age for Johnny, no? They could bond over the similarly awful ways they each were conceived.

Allie and Ashley's convo took at unexpected turn. Dominance? In a romantic relationship that sounds like the road to BDSM to me. Not gonna kink shame but Ashley better clear it with Tucker before she springs a dog collar and a ball gag on him. 🤠

Victoria loved hearing Nate say he and Elena have been having issues. She's lowkey using false flattery and faked concern to groom him and he's too full of himself to see it. Whatever.

Please, Show, please let Tucker be running a con on the Newmans. I don't want to see Victoria get his empire handed to her. Besides, why wouldn't Tucker give his son Devon first right of refusal? At least then McCall Unlimited would stay in the family as it were.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Nate was a surgeon, and surgeons are well known for thinking of themselves as major deities, so the attitude works in both the OR and the corporate boardroom - and speaking of Nate, am I the only one who finds the "sexual tension building between Nate and Victoria" storyline as dull as dishwater?

I meant the killer instinct to be more a a joke.  If he lost a patient on the operating table would he be glib about the possibility that the patient died do to his negligence. 

There is the major difference between Natey Nate Nate and Elena. Natey Nate Nate gives off the impression that he is the most important person in the room and Elena who is also a surgeon, seems to be very humble. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

My memory may be failing me but isn’t Daniel the biological parent to Lucy?

Lucy is the child of Daniel Romalotti (son of Phyllis Summers and Danny Romalotti, although it was later revealed that Brian Hamilton was Daniel's biological father) and Daisy Carter (Daisy is the daughter of Sheila Carter and Tom Fisher - Tom is the father of Michael Baldwin's half-brother, Kevin Fisher). Daisy having drugged Daniel into believing that he was having sex with his 2nd wife, Amber Forrester (Lily Winters was his 1st wife), resulting in Daisy becoming pregnant with Lucy, and Lucy has had quite the lifestory for someone who's only 13: First, she's abandoned at birth by her mother, who left her in a church; then she's sold to Billy Abbot and Victoria Newman by a baby broker named Primrose DeVille - it's Billy and Victoria who name her Lucy; then she's kidnapped by her nanny, Jana Hawkes; then her father, Daniel, signs away his parental rights to Billy and Victoria; then her mother, Daisy, regains custody of her and her father, Daniel, marries her mother so as to ensure her safety; then her mother disappears and is presumed dead (Daisy disappears again after she is found to have been a resident in a mental institution all that time); and then she leaves Genoa City for Savannagh, Georgia, with her father and his life partner, Heather Stevens (daughter of Paul Williams and his 1st wife, April Stevens; former fiance of Adam Newman; one night stands with Billy Abbot and "Chance" Chancellor; begins affair with Ronan Malloy after he's accused of shooting his half-brother, "Chance" Chancellor; begins relationship with Daniel Romalotti - Heather and Daniel cannot marry because he is still married to Lucy's mother, Daisy Carter, whose whereabouts are unknown).

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

Lucy is the child of Daniel Romalotti (son of Phyllis Summers and Danny Romalotti, although it was later revealed that Brian Hamilton was Daniel's biological father) and Daisy Carter (Daisy is the daughter of Sheila Carter and Tom Fisher - Tom is the father of Michael Baldwin's half-brother, Kevin Fisher). Daisy having drugged Daniel into believing that he was having sex with his 2nd wife, Amber Forrester (Lily Winters was his 1st wife), resulting in Daisy becoming pregnant with Lucy, and Lucy has had quite the lifestory for someone who's only 13: First, she's abandoned at birth by her mother, who left her in a church; then she's sold to Billy Abbot and Victoria Newman by a baby broker named Primrose DeVille - it's Billy and Victoria who name her Lucy; then she's kidnapped by her nanny, Jana Hawkes; then her father, Daniel, signs away his parental rights to Billy and Victoria; then her mother, Daisy, regains custody of her and her father, Daniel, marries her mother so as to ensure her safety; then her mother disappears and is presumed dead (Daisy disappears again after she is found to have been a resident in a mental institution all that time); and then she leaves Genoa City for Savannagh, Georgia, with her father and his life partner, Heather Stevens (daughter of Paul Williams and his 1st wife, April Stevens; former fiance of Adam Newman; one night stands with Billy Abbot and "Chance" Chancellor; begins affair with Ronan Malloy after he's accused of shooting his half-brother, "Chance" Chancellor; begins relationship with Daniel Romalotti - Heather and Daniel cannot marry because he is still married to Lucy's mother, Daisy Carter, whose whereabouts are unknown).

That sound you heard?  My head just exploded,😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

Elena has become the avatar for the average Y&R viewer.  She had the same look on her face as we all did when Nate was blathering on about how much the Newmans recognize how awesome he is.  Go on a nice vacation by yourself, Elena.  There's some hot surfer somewhere just waiting for you to teach him CPR.    

So is Ashley going to try to wrestle control of Jabot from Jack, or will she take a leap of faith with Tucker and launch some new company with Allie's revolutionary discovery?  Does she still own all of the Jabot patents, or was that settled when My Booty and Jabot merged?

• Like 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, One Tough Cookie said:

That sound you heard?  My head just exploded,😉

Left out was the part where Daniel wanted the baby to stay with Billy and Victoria, but Phyllis teamed up with Daisy and basically forced Daniel to take Lucy back from Billy and Victoria.  Daniel hated Phyllis for that.

Everybody's got a reason to hate Phyllis.  Stark's  not so smart if he thinks teaming up with her won't backfire big-time.

Tucker is a piece of work but so is Ashley.  If Victoria really thinks Tucker is going down without a fight, then she's even more deluded than her taste in men indicates.

Those helium-filled supermarket birthday balloons have more personality, and smarts, than poor, dull, dumb, officious Nate.  He is perfect for Vic.

If Daniel and Lily become a couple, will their name be "Dilly"?

• Like 10
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I am picking up on a strange undercurrent in the narratives of cheating with both Nate and Devon. Both men have impulsively fallen in lust with two white women, whose only accomplishments are derivative of their "Big Daddy" Victor Newman. The women of color they betrayed, Amanda and Elena, are much more educated and accomplished, both having earned advanced degrees as a MD, and an attorney. I am feeling mighty uncomfortable with the message the MWT's are sending here. It marks Devon as impulsive and immature. Nate? Once a man dedicated to being a compassionate professional, now a craven opportunist, who is bordering on sociopathy. The theme surrounding both Elena and Amanda is that since they weren't available to inflate the egos of these "man boys"  on a daily basis, they ended up getting shafted. Just saying (in my own clumsy way) that I find these two storylines very disrespectful in multiple ways. 

Julyolo you have become one of my favorite people this year for pointing this out. 

I will say that as for Devon, his character is a cheater. He cheated on Amanda with Elena like twice for no reason(Nate cheated on her with Elena too, Amanda stays getting done dirty smh...) and Devon slept with Hillary while she was married to Neil. Cheating/homewrecking seems like an in character thing for him at this point, he's just like Nick in that regard. He'll cheat on Abby eventually(although if he doesn't, that will certainly present a new side to this brillant point). 

Since the recast, Nate has gone from boring to really boring to totally fucking boring to sumg  boring asshole. And his asshole behavior is one of the reasons I've hit the reset button on Elena, she deserves better than Nate just like Amanda deserved better than Devon. But it's just so hilarious that they're forcing Victoria & him together after all this time when the OG Nate already had a Chem test with her and Ashley if memory serves. They both passed ironically enough, more so with Ashley though. But they were subsequently dropped for reasons that escape me now. This Nate has had no chemistry with anyone since he's been on the show. 

Regardless of any of this the optics are trash, disrespectful, and they get even worse when you factor in the reverse would never happen. Even if they did they wouldn't dare go about it in this manner. In speaking of the reverse, we must live in the bad timeline because how the hell did we become saddled with the unending staleness of Lily/Billy instead of something that had real potential to be something great like Jack x Hillary/Amanda? Lily/Billy was such a waste of time because honestly Billy would be a waste on anyone. I have more salt than the 7 seas combined that the TPTB teased Jack & Hillary but didn't have the stones to follow through. They would've been much better in the long run than what has been done with Jack since then & unlike Billy, he isn't some petulant man brat with a chip on his shoulder. 

And don't get me started on Chance and Adam. Both of them could move on with Lily or Amanda (if MM ever comes back full time) or Elena too. But as history indicates they'll all be wasted on lackluster  parings/characters instead. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

Regardless of any of this the optics are trash, disrespectful, and they get even worse when you factor in the reverse would never happen. Even if they did they wouldn't dare go about it in this manner.

Yep.

I'm pretty much sitting on my hands for this discussion. However, I will note that as far as potential pairings are concerned, the writers sometimes have to work around limitations imposed by the actors themselves. Some actors won't "allow" their characters to be put in interracial romances. One actor in particular has all but bragged about it and the character they play has never had a non-White partner. Other actors have had their characters paired with characters who had seemingly Hispanic/Latino last names but were actually White Europeans from Spain or Italy.

Left out was the part where Daniel wanted the baby to stay with Billy and Victoria, but Phyllis teamed up with Daisy and basically forced Daniel to take Lucy back from Billy and Victoria.  Daniel hated Phyllis for that.

I'll never forget how Phyllis kept telling Daniel he needed to "step up" and assume responsibility for Lucy. As if he were some kind of deadbeat instead of someone who was understandably wary of their ability to put aside how Lucy was conceived. Daniel was afraid he'd take out his subconscious anger on the innocent child but Phyllis refused to see his concerns.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I liked the Nate before the recast. I know a lot of people found him boring but I liked his seriousness. He wasn’t a sellout and he didn’t seem like a Newman ass kisser. 

The MWTs have been nasty to the characters in this story.

Nate has gone from being a sometimes  boring - but mostly well-liked character and all-round "good guy" - to being a boring and increasingly disliked character with few redeeming qualities. 

Vicky has become a parody of a woman in power drooling over an employee and scheming to acquire him as she would one of her greedy business acquisitions. 

Elena is positioned in the background as the "good girl" - Nate's former good angel in this story.  But she is seriously disadvanted with such limited air time.  Two short scenes at the end of an episode to give needed POV on Nate's self-iimportant focus on his career  and on the several times he has made and then broken promises!!  Ridiculous!!  

Editing to add that the monkeys need new typewriters.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Fucking idiotic monkeys with a keyboard making a lame ass excuse for why Stark is out of jail. He had good lawyers and the charges were absurd and didn’t stick. First of all if his lawyer were that good, he wouldn’t have gone to jail in the first place. Second of all Stark had STOLEN GOODS IN HIS POSSESSION no matter I’d he stole them or not.

I'm still wondering why he wasn't violated on his parole.  No way a released felon on parole can travel across country with no visible means of support.  And having the stolen merchandise on his person is also a violation, whether he stole it or not.  Good lawyers, my ass, the MWT just don't know what jurisdiction to put this in.  Or what the laws are anywhere.

13 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

some new company with Allie's revolutionary discovery? 

since they have had such success with revolutionary discoveries.  Wasn't there a face cream that killed people?

44 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Two short scenes at the end of an episode to give needed POV

and she nailed it with the walking up the stairs, "I'm going to shower (don't bother asking to join me) and going to bed (don't bother joining me.)"

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, boes said:

Everybody's got a reason to hate Phyllis.  Stark's  not so smart if he thinks teaming up with her won't backfire big-time.

Tucker is a piece of work but so is Ashley.  If Victoria really thinks Tucker is going down without a fight, then she's even more deluded than her taste in men indicates.

Those helium-filled supermarket birthday balloons have more personality, and smarts, than poor, dull, dumb, officious Nate.  He is perfect for Vic.

If Daniel and Lily become a couple, will their name be "Dilly"?

Now you made my hair hurt. 

• LOL 11

The actor playing Jeremy Stark has the look of a thug, but he only emanates a low level kind of menace to me, kinda like a paper tiger. That sweater on Summer has her straggly hair competing for space with the cutout sections. And Phyllis..... I couldn't decide today what was more distressing, the hole in the side of her orange dress, or the foot she kept shoving into her mouth in every scene? Still, her telling Jeremy Stark HE was deranged, was today's greatest unintended laughline. Somebody should clue in the actor playing Kyle to try not to do anymore 1:1 scenes with Adam. Adam has some serious acting skills (like in his scenes with Victor today) that only highlight Kyle's total lack of ability. I have little energy for the travails of Danny Jr./Heather/Lucy. It may just me, but when Lucy is sitting next to Danny, she makes him look like an ELF. Maybe if they celebrate St. Paddy's day in GC, the MWT's can make that work.

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

Besides being unclear about what Daniel's problem was and what he did, I'm unclear about Portugal. When did Heather and Lucy move there? (I thought they were just on vacation there.) Lucy was going to school in Portugal? Heather and Lucy learned to speak Portuguese? 

Even though Lucy looks older than 13, she does look like she could be Daniel's daughter. And although she is wise beyond her years, (pet peeve of mine that children aren't written as children and instead speak more like trained psychologists to the adults around them), I like the interaction between Daniel and Lucy. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Daniel: Teens and their phones, amirite?

Heather: I’m trying to be sensitive to what she’s been through, but it’s disrespectful to ignore your parents.

Daniel: It’s also a coping mechanism. Trust me.

Phyllis: Wow, my ears were totally burning!

Heather: … Could you not lean toward me like a hungry vampire?

Daniel: Mom, read a room. You already got your dysfunctional stank all over my family. 

Phyllis: Well, I never! I will now flounce away and wallow in my victimhood. And it’s fine if Lucy calls me Phyllis. I mean, in Portugal, people thought she was my sister.

Lucy: I’m uploading this cray to TikTok!

@@@@@@@

Summer: Well, well, well. Diane, you’re certainly slutting it up here.

Jack: Manners much?

Summer: I apologize. I’m just angry at the charmless duck dick you two produced.

Diane: No worries. He is a frequent disappointment, but he means well.

Jack: I’m getting sex on the regular, so I’m kind of leaning toward throwing up my hands and enabling his bullshit behavior.

@@@@@@@

Kyle: Did you know I’m a sore winner?

Adam: I know Summer caught you fucking a fedora last Bastille Day. You couldn’t even be arsed to find a beret?

Kyle: We mail personal belongings to fired employees.

Adam: I’m sure you do. Let me give you some advice. Don’t team up with my dad. He might tell you it’s for something noble, like rescuing kittens. Six months later you’re being indicted for smuggling penis pumps.

Kyle: Yeah, well, I’m not you. Wait - did you say penis pumps? Like Swedish ones?

Adam: You certainly aren’t me. The air isn’t thinner at the top of my hair. I’ll just get my things and continue provoking you by being the bigger, better man.

Summer: Adam, you monster.

Adam: I’m leaving, but I wanted to tell you that your husband is a wonderful fellow who cares about his family. I am not trolling. Or am I?

Kyle: Hah! The guy I fucked over forgives me, so I guess I’m entitled to your absolution as well.

Summer: You’re so full of shit you could poop Mt. Everest on the spot.

Kyle: I keep apologizing in my most petulant tone AND you kinda made me lie because I knew you’d just argue with me. What more do I have to do?

Summer: Everyone else is completely indifferent to your garbage, so if I guess I’ll just go with the flow.

Kyle: Watch out, Uncle Billy. There’s a new buttbiscuit in the family.

Summer: Is ‘buttbiscuit’ slang for boring in bed?

@@@@@@@

Jeremy: Here I am, Victor, reporting for the traditional Welcome to Genoa City threat experience.

Victor: The slimeball who stole my wife’s necklace. Just because we hate the same people doesn’t make us friends.

Jeremy: Darn. Not many people can say they’re best buds with an unwrapped mummy.

Victor: Make a pawn of my family members and I’ll come after you once the Metamucil kicks in.

@@@@@@@

Phyllis: Jack and Diane! What a treat.

Diane: I’m now lady of the manor. You are the unemployed  trash countess of Genoa City.

Phyllis: I see how it is, how it is. Caw caw! Diane can gloat about your relationship but when I did it to her, it was unforgivable.

Jack: Yeah, it wasn’t like you could have been with me but chose to bed a red assed baboon instead. And you definitely did not waste time jaboating with jabuttbiscuit or anything. My heart just jableeds.

Jeremy: Planning another amateur heist to clumsily set somebody up?

Jack: What do you want, Stark?

Jeremy: Money? Revenge? Phyllis? I’ll stick around a while and maybe you’ll find out. Congratulations, Diane. You’ve burned me twice now. Let that be a lesson to you, Jack.

Diane: What a nightmare. First Phyllis and then someone not repulsed by Phyllis.

Jack: We’ll run him out of town. He’s right not to underestimate you. And with my help, we can ineptly give ourselves a wedgie.

Outside

Jeremy: Enjoy the show, Phyllis? I see myself in you, and yes, I mean that in every possible way.

Phyllis: You’re deranged. Deranged. Caw caw!

@@@@@@@

Adam: You are an absolute piece of shit. Still, you got your way.

Victor: Who? Me?

Adam: Kyle confessed.

Victor: You just went to Jabot to piss me off! It’s all about me! Jabot is dumb and gross and stupid. Selling soap is for big, dumb dummies. A bright boy like you should be kowtowing to a domineering tyrant instead of selling eye shadow for a wimp!

Adam: Yeah, because no one on planet Earth buys soap or uses cosmetics. Good call. Breaking news; not everything is about you.

Victor: You have so much potential. I said that to Nick once, but I mean it this time.

Adam: And, of course, you’re the only one who can maximize my talents.

Victor: Yougotthat?

Adam: Despite your loathsome, abusive parenting, bullshit compliments and extraordinary narcissism, I’ll come work at Newman. On one condition.

Victor: I won’t sleep upside down in your office closet.

Adam: Give me Vic’s job. Ah, your expression tells me you’ve made a deposit in the First National Bank of Underpants.

@@@@@@@

Daniel: Let’s make more vague allusions to my dickhead ways.

Lucy: Whatever.

Daniel: I’m sorry. I’d be more specific, but…

Lucy: I saw you, Dad. At the facility in Georgia. You were standing over Phyliss’ bed with a pillow in your hand. Did you ever stop to think about how that made me feel?

Daniel: To be honest, no. I was being selfish and only thinking about the sweet, sweet relief that pillow could bring.

Lucy: You put the pillow back. I miss the dad who would have given Phyllis a high thread count facial.

Daniel: I just fired her ass. I’m getting there. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

Agree with above about Lucy speaking like an adult shrink and not a 13 year old. Also, do we have, in Lucy, a new winner of the debbie downer mopey face award? Taken from Elena. LOL. Gosh they both look like they want to jump off the golden gate. I get the feeling Lucy is going to stay in GC with Daniel (who does look like and elf...or hobbit).

Phyllis is about to blow. I am here for it. Cannot wait! I did LOVE her line to Jack about her flaunting their relationship to Diane was unforgivable but there was Diane doing it and getting all Jack's love. Girl needs to team up with Jer Jer and burn everything down. I support that.

Man, it is the LONGEST drive over to the DNA clinic for Sally and Nick. Been, what, 16 days? Did they go Mexico for it?

I wonder if they will do the hide-a-pregnancy route with MCE or have it be ol' Billy Boy's? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5