Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Will the Tucker “Business/Corporate” story ever end? Will the Jack/Diane/Stark story ever end? Will Victoria ever be able to generate any heat or chemistry with another actor? Except Billy Miller - and that was mostly due to him. Will the IPO story with Lily, Jill and Devon ever end? Will Billy “finding himself” ever pan out? Will Sharon ever leave the coffee house? It must be like The Hotel California. 🤓  Will Nick ever wash his hair and lose the puffy cheeks and scowl?

Will this show ever be able to hire a new male character that actually stays? Are most of the long-time male actors so insecure that they can’t handle a ruthless Ashland or an “in-charge “ Tucker? A well-written Noah or Chance? Will the writers remember that they created a granddaughter for Jack?

Maybe put some cast members on recurring (and no one should be untouchable) to make more room for a couple of the newbies?  I still don’t understand how a Head Writer survives when all of the support staff gets fired. Who originates these plot snoozers? And where has that person been as they have been so poorly received.

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Nick is starting to look a bit insecure about his place in Sally's life since he knows Adam will be a permanent part of it. Hmm.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nick offered up Christian as a trade.  He keeps Sally and the new spawn and Adam gets his (other) own son back.  

23 hours ago, Kemper said:

Unpopular opinion…Nick should go on “recurring” status. And Sally should either miscarry or go back to B and B;

Joining you at the Lose Nick table.  The beard makes him look jowly (and very unkempt).  His two acting choices/reactions (toothy grin or mean glare) are unpleasant to look at.  Seeing him half dressed and sprawled in a bed make my eyes hurt.  And don't get me started on what lousy father he is!

16 hours ago, MsMalin said:

He actually killed a guy.

But, but, he did it for fambly.  Bad man hurt sister, must kill.  This makes him a better choice for paternity than a wuss like Adam who only runs into burning houses to save children, donates kidneys and gives up a son for that son's best interests.  Ditching dead hookers is a grey area and does not count as a true kill.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, MollyB said:

His two acting choices/reactions (toothy grin or mean glare) are unpleasant to look at

"(toothy grin or mean glare)" You forgot the famous Nick Newman pout.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nick offered up Christian as a trade.  He keeps Sally and the new spawn and Adam gets his (other) own son back.  

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe that's why Christian is being mentioned so much more lately, and why Sally seems so clueless about his significance to Adam. But man, I wish Nick would pull such a boneheaded move. Adam would basically eviscerate Nick for trying to use Adam's kids as chess pieces.  

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MollyB said:

Joining you at the Lose Nick table.  The beard makes him look jowly (and very unkempt).  His two acting choices/reactions (toothy grin or mean glare) are unpleasant to look at.  Seeing him half dressed and sprawled in a bed make my eyes hurt.  And don't get me started on what lousy father he is!

But, but, he did it for fambly.  Bad man hurt sister, must kill.  This makes him a better choice for paternity than a wuss like Adam who only runs into burning houses to save children, donates kidneys and gives up a son for that son's best interests.  Ditching dead hookers is a grey area and does not count as a true kill.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe that's why Christian is being mentioned so much more lately, and why Sally seems so clueless about his significance to Adam. But man, I wish Nick would pull such a boneheaded move. Adam would basically eviscerate Nick for trying to use Adam's kids as chess pieces.  

SO very much agree with you both!  Nick could go on recurring, go on retreat or just plain go away and I'd be fine with it.  He's not a good dad, no matter what Show keeps trying to tell us, not even in comparison to the other doofi dads in Genoa City.

Remember when Show was trying to sell Nick as the human imprimatur of all that's good and holy, back when Adam was struggling with what he'd done as a boy, to protect Hope?  And then, with Adam donating a kidney to Faith?  Show was showcasing Nick being the one to decide if Adam had "changed" enough to be accepted into the bosom of the family, and for a while, he gave his approval.

Nick's approval should never be sought on anything other than how and when poop tossing is an appropriate response to someone saying "Hello".

Never.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Summer must not be use to walking in heels because her stiff gate was more noticeable today as she went to answer the door.

This is getting more and more stupid every day where Stark is involved. Chance get your thumb out of ass and call Stark’s parole officer.  Unless Chance is blind, he has to see something that makes Stark in violation of his parole parameters.  No visual signs of being able to support himself unless he still has access to his ill gotten gains.  

Copperhead, your I was just trying to help routine and asking for forgiveness is getting as putrid as a rotting corpse.  A little revisionist history with an out and out lie Copperhead. You’re the one who called Stark and told him exactly where she was.  There you have it, Copperhead is loud and proud of who she is so she will never change. Those are very endearing words to a daughter you’re trying to patch up your relationship.  

Wake up and smell the coffee Devon. Tucker just offered you a win win situation. Even if you loose your case, as I said yesterday, McCall unlimited would be a more than formidable foe to CW and NE and with HW, it would be more of a powerhouse.  

After Mariah/Tessa and Adam/Sally, Jack/Diane have a lot of chemistry. Even Tucker/Ashley, in a weird way, have more chemistry than every other couple in GC. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Maybe that's why Christian is being mentioned so much more lately, and why Sally seems so clueless about his significance to Adam.

But Sally knew in her baby-daddy fantasies. And I don't think she was ever told on-screen.

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Mariah/Tessa

Who? What happened to their big adoption storyline?

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Now this show's couple with the best chemistry is Ashley and Tucker.

I have to agree with this. They're really selling it! I do think that Jack and Mulva have chem, but it's hard to root for them considering that she's so dis-honest. We know he's going to get stung. It's only a matter of when. Why does he always have to be with crazies and criminal schemers? Other than Nikki, who has baggage, and Luan, I can't recall any other relatively sane woman he's been with. Today Jack had to repeat to her that murder wasn't an option - ! And don't forget that she ran over her own foot to set up Phylthy. It still seems that this is going to somehow turn out to be a Phylthy-was-right-all-along story. So tiresome.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

But Sally knew in her baby-daddy fantasies. And I don't think she was ever told on-screen.

Who? What happened to their big adoption storyline?

I have to agree with this. They're really selling it! I do think that Jack and Mulva have chem, but it's hard to root for them considering that she's so dis-honest. We know he's going to get stung. It's only a matter of when. Why does he always have to be with crazies and criminal schemers? Other than Nikki, who has baggage, and Luan, I can't recall any other relatively sane woman he's been with. Today Jack had to repeat to her that murder wasn't an option - ! And don't forget that she ran over her own foot to set up Phylthy. It still seems that this is going to somehow turn out to be a Phylthy-was-right-all-along story. So tiresome.

Yes I think Phyllis will be right after all.

• Sad 7

Loved Kyle's "say what now?" face when Diane and Jack told him Jeremy Stark was back in town. Doofus.

Summer apparently got the bottom of her skirt caught in the car door again. And again she was clomping around like a drunken moose. IMO she just doesn't have the legs and hips for tight mini skirts.

Who do Victoria and Victor think they are summoning Ashley to their office to give her the third degree? FOH.

Man, Jack and Kyle really whipped themselves up into a frenzy over not much actual Stark threat. (Not yet, anyway). Meanwhile, Diane gained herself some cozy alone time with Jack away from The Danger. Father and son = putty in her hands.

Ashley held her own quite calmly against those two Newman clowns. I don't how she managed not to laugh in their self-entitled faces.

Kyle trying to throw down with Stark. I can't.

Phyllis telling Summer she'll never change sounded like threat to me. Just when you think she can't go any lower or loonier, Red proves you 100% wrong.

Ehhh, I think Tucker offering McCall Unlimited to Devon as a consolation prize probably wasn't the way to go. He should've couched it as icing on the cake.

As if schmoopy Jack isn't bad enough, today we had post-coital, berobed Jack basking in the afterglow. 🙄 And Diane still brought up Jeremy! She's relentless.

Oh, soap deities, please tell me Tucker is running a long con on everybody. Things are thisclose to falling perfectly into place for him with Ashley and Devon. Even Abby is softening toward him.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I give up. Who is Mulva?

Susan Walters played Dolores on the "Junior Mint" episode of Seinfeld.  She was Jerry's girlfriend, whose name he'd forgotten.    All he could remember was that her name rhymed with a female body part.  Hence, him calling her Mulva.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

I give up. Who is Mulva?

In a nutshell: Seinfeld. Jerry was dating “Diane” but couldn’t remember her name. He knew her name rhymed with a female body part. George earlier suggested Mulva. Out of desperation, Jerry called her Mulva; then she stormed out. Lightbulb goes off in his head and he shouts out to her … Delores! One of the best Seinfeld moments ever.

****Boes, sorry. Our comments must have crossed. Your brief explanation was much better and less long winded than mine.

Edited by Kemper
Added last part.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I missed Kyle trying to throw down with Stark? This is the kind of scene I dream of mocking. Did his bouffant bristle? 

His bouffant was especially high today. Lol

• LOL 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I missed Kyle trying to throw down with Stark? This is the kind of scene I dream of mocking. Did his bouffant bristle? 

Kyle tried to look as mad as his hair model,

but he failed.

I know Show is going to let me down, but the way Phyllis has been acting and her utter deafness to being told repeatedly what a train wreck she is indicates that she's in for a Come to Jesus moment more than she is being proved right.  But, since all signs point in that direction, I'm probably completely wrong.

I know Diane's chance of being on the up and up are mostly on the down and down, but I want this to work out for Jack.  Susan Walters is mainly the reason I like this relationship for him.  She's such a good, good actress and such a pleasure to watch.  IMO, she and PB look and act so well together.  Jack hasn't been with another woman since Emily Peterson that I've thought fit him so well.  Of course, then she got ruined by being turned into Patty William's doppleganger and that was that.  I can't see him going back to bats-in-the-belfry Phyllis again.  She's cheese in a can compared to Diane.

Ashley and Tucker are the stars of the show for me right now.  I haven't a clue where Show is going with them but it's a good ride, easy on the eyes and good, understated acting from both of them.

Victor and Victoria never looked more ridiculous, never more semi-incestous than they did today, trying to bully Ashley.  She took my breath away with her expertise at swatting them into tomorrow with such ease.

Edited by boes
  • Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

Well  this show has achieved what I thought was impossible: I fast-forwarded a Jack scene. A schmaltzy Jack and Diane montage was more than I could stomach. They are both gorgeous people, but enough already.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, boes said:

Kyle tried to look as mad as his hair model,

but he failed.

I know Show is going to let me down, but the way Phyllis has been acting and her utter deafness to being told repeatedly what a train wreck she is indicates that she's in for a Come to Jesus moment more than she is being proved right.  But, since all signs point in that direction, I'm probably completely wrong.

I know Diane's chance of being on the up and up are mostly on the down and down, but I want this to work out for Jack.  Susan Walters is mainly the reason I like this relationship for him.  She's such a good, good actress and such a pleasure to watch.  IMO, she and PB look and act so well together.  Jack hasn't been with another woman since Emily Peterson that I've thought fit him so well.  Of course, then she got ruined by being turned into Patty William's doppleganger and that was that.  I can't see him going back to bats-in-the-belfry Phyllis again.  She's cheese in a can compared to Diane.

Ashley and Tucker are the stars of the show for me right now.  I haven't a clue where Show is going with them but it's a good ride, easy on the eyes and good, understated acting from both of them.

Victor and Victoria never looked more ridiculous, never more semi-incestous than they did today, trying to bully Ashley.  She took my breath away with her expertise at swatting them into tomorrow with such ease.

100% They're literally the only interesting couple on the show. I'm also over Devon-could he be more of a pompous asshole? He did sign a contract, as Lily keeps reminding him. The show is collapsing in my humble opinion, and it saddens me.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Thursday March 2 Synopsis:

Scene 1:  Nate to Audra: What do you think of mash ups? 

Audra: you mean like Vietnamese tacos?

Nate: you aren't thinking out of the box. I mean something totally unwexpected.

Audra: like peanut butter & mustard?

Nate: no, I'm talking about me and Victoria doing it right here on this desk. Now that's a mash up!

Scene 2:  Devon to Lily: I got served papers today.

Lily: yes, that's no surprise.

Devon: you are using Amanda as the lawyer. How low.can you get?

Lily : let me count the ways of how low.one can get:

You fucked my fathers wife behind his back when he was blind

Your words sent me to prison for a year

You reneged on a surrogacy contract by suing for custody of a baby

You cheated on said lawyer.

THATS how low you can go.

Devon: she should be hundreds of miles away from here taking care of her sick mother. Now that's low!

Scene 3:  Victoria to Nate:  All you do is plug in the penis projection and you're ready to take off

OKAY, I'm done with this synopsis because I know the rest of the show.can't beat these scenes.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

Nate: Content creation. Mash-ups. Algorithm. Let’s broaden people’s horizons. The Natelightenment is nigh!

Audra: How are you going to translate all these buzzwords into practical ideas?

Nate: By thinking outside the box and changing the paradigm. We’re going to do a deep dive into the visibility synergies until we circle back to the ballpark impact on reinventing the wheel. If we give 110% of our core competencies and cross pollinate the low-hanging fruit, a holistic return on investment will emerge.

Victoria: Could I mount you like a racehorse?

Audra: Thank god. Time for coffee.

@@@@@@@

Tucker: I would love to bone, but I’m feeling… awkward about the power imbalance. Not emasculated, I’m not a wrinkled sack of toxic masculinity like Victor Newman, for crissakes. But…

Ashley: Are you sure? I’m up for a game of tonsil hockey, but my calling the shots seems to be keeping you on the bench.

Tucker: I’d love for you to be riding the pine instead. It’s just… I’m not sure if this is a test or not. Everything feels like a test. Like you’re the stern professor and I’m the post-grad with the smoldering, snarky sex appeal.

Ashley: Victor and his mini-me summoned me to Newman and badgered me about buying up your debt. It was an amusing trifle. They’re willing to pay big bucks for your company though. Way more than it’s worth.

Tucker: I do love money. However, I suspect this another test. The correct answer is still to sell to Devon.

Ashley: You are becoming quite adept at resisting temptation.

Tucker: Well, I have lived my life in a way that has made me incredibly wealthy but also alienated everyone I care about. I guess I needed to hit rock bottom and lose all my relationships to see that.

Ashley: So you need to be abandoned or there’s no hope?

Tucker: Hopelessness is my only hope.

@@@@@@

Devon: You hired Amanda? If you went any lower, you could start a whale shit mine.

Lily: She’s a good lawyer.

Devon: She hates me. This is a personal attack.

Lily: Sign contract. Honor contract. Simple enough for even you to understand.

Devon: I want my dad’s company back.

Lily: Dad isn’t just a name I throw around to score points. Nothing can bring Neil back. All that’s going to happen is we both lose money and time.

Devon: So my wanting to protect his company is wrong, but you wanting to protect yours is cool.

Lily: Why don’t you care about MY legacy? What about everything I built at Chancellor-Winters, which at best is actually quite minimal?

Devon: Man, I’m glad Neil isn’t here to see what an asshole you’ve become. You got that Billy Abbott stank all over you.

Lily: Dad would be proud of the asshole I’ve become. Don’t forget he kept a comatose woman in a boathouse.

Devon: Admittedly I did sign a contract and I should honor it. But you suck the hind tit, so whatever.

Lily: You still have your biological father. Mine joined a SWAT team somewhere. You have a young son. My kids have their own lives and I have to constantly worry they’ll turn into their father. All I have is my job.

Devon: Tucker can’t fill Neil’s shoes.

Lily: Neither can you. Boom! Ohhhh snap! Need some aloe, bro?

Devon: You know why you’re alone? You’re a bitter mug of lukewarm hot dog water and malice. That’s why.

Abby: Nope.

@@@@@@@

Audra: Elena! Let’s talk! I wanted to tell you how a-mazing Nate is. He’s just a dream to work with; he’s nurturing yet exacting, creative yet full of empty platitudes. I’m learning so much! It’s like being at clown college.

Elena: Yeah, that’s Nate. He’s a floor wax and a dessert topping.

Audra: I suppose being a surgeon is like being a CEO, in that behaving like a prick is acceptable. And as close as Nate and I have become, it’s even more intense with him and Victoria. They were absolutely meant to be. Business partners.

Elena: Well, they’ve been friends for a while.

Audra: Their connection is just incredible. She just hustled me out of the office to crunch some numbers with him privately. Kinda weird, now that I think about it. She was licking her lips like a coyote in a butcher shop.

Elena: How often do these private sessions go down?

Audra: At least once a day. You know, I’ve had a blast making insinuations today. We should get together again soon.

Elena: I’d rather get a pap smear from Edward Scissorhands. Bye!

Tucker: My god, if they could only bottle that level of trolling.

Audra: Do I amuse you?

Tucker: Mildly. What’s the scoop on Lily’s and Devon’s spat? How messy is it?

Audra: Ah. You’re going to offer McCall to your son.

Tucker: Run that up Victoria’s and Nate’s self-important flagpole.

@@@@@@

Victoria: Spreadsheets make my bloomers incredibly warm.

Nate: Every cell has a 69 in it.

Victoria: You know how temperamental Excel is.

Nate: Let’s address the elephant in the room. Our little makeout sessions aren’t exactly appropriate.

Victoria: Silly, Nate. Newman Enterprises operates in a dimension outside mortal laws and consideration for power dynamics. I won’t apologize for that.

Nate: The thing is, Elena and I are in a good place right now. I prattle on about my career while she listens with gritted teeth. I feel validated and she now has TMJ syndrome.

Victoria: But Elena doesn’t understand the real you, the power hungry, workaholic, energy vampire you.

Nate: Victoria, you’re smart, powerful and intoxicating. You’re like a well made martini that tells me how fucking awesome I am. I admire you. I love Elena.

Victoria: That’s nice.

Audra: Newsflash! Tucker is going to sell McCall to Devon! 

Victoria: Just as my eldritch sire and I predicted. Ashley gobbled up his debt to force Tucker’s redemption.

Nate: Power play by Jabot?

Victoria: No, no. This is some noble family crap. It sickens me.

Nate: Well, so much for that idea then.

Victoria: Don’t be a wuss. Devon needs his cousin to explain what a disaster buying McCall would be AND then explain why Newman emptied the piggy bank for a so-called financial debacle.

Nate: Um, I couldn’t convince Devon that water was wet. Plus, that kind of skullduggery was what put us at odds to begin with.

Victoria: You’ll do what’s best for the business. Since you can’t abide by the company’s open leg policy, you owe us.

Audra: If only we lived in a world where sexual harassment was a thing. Happy sabotaging!

@@@@@@@

Devon: It sucks that I have to see the woman I cheated on because of this damn lawsuit.

Abby: It really doesn’t suck for me anymore. The awkwardness with Chance is really mild now.

Devon: …

@@@@@@@

Lily: I got nothing. My parents are dead. Billy is undead. I’m all alone.

Daniel: There are people who love and care about you. Just don’t ask me to name them.

Lily: Can’t you make this lawsuit go away?

Daniel: If I had the power to make things disappear, I’d start with my mom. What you need to ask yourself is this - is the lawsuit worth the agony?

Lily: Yeah, no one in the whole history of forever has asked me that.

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
17 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Nate: Um, I couldn’t convince Devon that water was wet. Plus, that kind of skullduggery was what put us at odds to begin with.

Victoria: You’ll do what’s best for the business. Since you can’t abide by the company’s open leg policy, you owe us.

Audra: If only we lived in a world where sexual harassment was a thing. Happy sabotaging!

Your whole post - brilliant as usual!  And this quote captured perfectly the "quid pro quo" vibe happening with Miss Vicky's ultimatum to Nate - with Audra as a witness. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

And this quote captured perfectly the "quid pro quo" vibe happening with Miss Vicky's ultimatum to Nate - with Audra as a witness. 

I can’t believe they’re going to this contaminated well again. “Hey, if you thought Nick/Sally was skeevy, you ain’t seen nothing yet!” Why can’t the older Newman sibs stop sexually harassing their employees? Victoria exacted her vengeance mere minutes after Nate turned her down. Not a good look.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Sure Audra, take tour time because Cruella’s “juices” are overflowing and Natey Nate Nate is required to plug the overflow.  Natey Nate Nate who are you kidding?  You want Cruella as much as she wants you and your telling us there is no way you are going to betray Elena?  Yeah sure, once a cheater always a cheater.  Natey Nate Nate do not tell me that your “juices” are not also flowing.  Your solder snaps to attention every time you see Cruella’s toothy grin and the sparkle in her blue eyes.  Is Cruella that stupid in thinking that Natey Nate Nate can talk Devon out of buying McCall Unlimited. I would imagine it would do the opposite since Natey Nate Nate would have a very positive effect for NM and ultimately him.  By demanding Natey Nate Nate try to sabotage Devon buying McCall unlimited just eliminate shrunk his manhood and eliminated his “juices”. 

Wow, I didn’t know Tucker was a sexist. Tucker couldn’t kiss Ashley because she has the upper hand 😂.  I guess the biggest problem was that his “manhood” shriveled up as a result.  Ashley tests Tucker with Victors offer but IMHO, I would sell to Devon because it still would generate more money than he could spend in a lifetime and it would make him financially whole once again. More money than god that’s a joke. Don’t we all have more money than god?  Money and power could also be a curse. Case in point, Cruella and Lily. 

Devon, stop being a sick. Lily is 100% correct in hiring Amanda because she handled the merger. Did Devon, expect Lily to cower in the corner and hire some ambulance chaser so he could win?  I know that Lily and Devon refer to Neil as their dad because he took very good care of them and adopted them after they were abandoned by their fathers.  Lily you are a much of a hypocrite as Devon because both of you are willing to give up family for a company. 

I’m proud of Elena being able to stand her ground as she and Audra were trading innuendos. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Lily: You still have your biological father. Mine joined a SWAT team somewhere. You have a young son. My kids have their own lives and I have to constantly worry they’ll turn into their father. All I have is my job.

A) I laughed too hard at this.

B) I now have much more sympathy for Lily.

C) Cane.

D) All of the above.

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

I can’t believe they’re going to this contaminated well again. “Hey, if you thought Nick/Sally was skeevy, you ain’t seen nothing yet!” Why can’t the older Newman sibs stop sexually harassing their employees? Victoria exacted her vengeance mere minutes after Nate turned her down. Not a good look.

Definitely not a good look, but do the MWTs and their producers care?  (Oh wait, should that be plural?  After all, most of them are JG now, right?)  But this is CBS whose history isn't great and YR whose barely-departed Executive Producer is currently facing a trial for workplace harassment.

Regardless of what happens next, the Newman CEO-In-Heat has been creating a bad look for a while now plying her employee with booze and appealing to his ego and other parts with the "intoxicating" aphrodisiac of power. Seems it is working because he has been receptive. 

His willingness limits the harassment factor until today.  But "sending on an undesirable assignment" - especially immediately after rejection of advances - is another matter. 

But, in spite of the ugly images, all will go on as usual in Genoa Ctiy and this will be glazed over.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

The show is collapsing in my humble opinion, and it saddens me.

Yeah, and it is the only network show I watch so I will be even more bored than I am now. I really miss AMC, even after all these years.  Erica must be, what? late 70,early 80s by now.

And for the love of chocolate, will SOMEBODY teach the feral Victoria how to flirt? She acts like a predatory spider.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ashley believes she's the boss of Tucker but he knows he's got what she really wants--in his pants. (And it's not his wallet or his cell phone. 😏)

Ashley's jumpsuit was kind of weird to me. It looked like something left over from one of the Star Trek shows. She'd fit right in as an aging space cadet, lol.

Lily, you may have built C-W (more like stapled them together, amirite?) but at the end of the day you're merely an employee, serving at the pleasure of Jill. Shut up

Audra is so shady, gushing about working for/with Nate, and then putting it in Elena's head that there's something extra about Nate and Victoria's relationship. There is but why would Audra take it upon herself to poke Elena about it?

You are not slick, Vikki. How are you practically going to be sitting on Nate's lap like that? In the office too. Giirrrlll.

So I was watching my recording of today's episode and at around the 12- minute mark it started showing Let's Make a Deal. ?????

(I went and watched the missing scenes online. It was mostly just more of Devon and Lily's fight, Elena trying to let Audra know she's not insecure about her man, and Audra continuing to make innuendos about Victoria and Nate.)

Not a fan of Victoria's fillers. The apple-cheeked look does not suit her icy personality IMO.

Dang, the way Victoria kept pushing up on Nate even after he told her he's committed to Elena. But then again, Nate had been kind of sending her mixed messages. Weak d-bag.

Audra all but assured Elena that Nate is going screw Victoria to get promoted. Have to give Elena props for managing to maintain her composure.

And there it is. Lily admitted, "This is all I have left!" Yep. Smells like desperation mixed with generous portions of jealousy and depression to me.

Victoria doesn't think much of Devon, huh? Or have respect for Nate if she wants to send him in as her live corporate assault weapon against his cousin.

Welp, time to put on your big boy pants, Nate. #youtoo

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 5
  • Love 4

So I was watching my recording of today's episode and at around the 12- minute mark it started showing Let's Make a Deal. ?????

And who was behind door #3? Nick? Audra? Adam?

Oh I almost forgot:

Abby leading Devon by the Nose: " Come on, we have to go buy diapers. While we're at it we'll buy a pacifier for you."

• LOL 16
(edited)

Whew, today's show had some creepy moments and Victoria's suddenly feral thirst was the creepiest of them all.

Victoria is a lot of things  - generally graceless, self-centered, emotionally limited with an unhealthy attachment to that wet paper bag of a father, but what she's not been, so far, is a sexual predator.  This thing with Natey Nate dumb-as-a-doorbell Nate is out of character for her.  She's always struck me as being unsure of herself in that way, so I don't buy how she's being with Nate.  It seems plot driven, not character driven.  I don't know what Show is up to right now and I don't think I like it.

UO coming up, but I'm glad Lily put Devon on blast today.  She's a gasbag a lot of the time, she's an unconscious hypocrite more often than not, and prolonged exposure to ButtBiscuit hasn't done her any good but I'm glad she called Devon on his crap.  It doesn't happen often enough.

Nobody forced him to merge his company, and all of his whining about it doesn't change the fact that this grown man decided to do it and then did it.  He's right, and has been right, about the stupid IPO but he's acted like he didn't have any agency in the process and he did, all along.  He let things progress and now he's changed his mind and wants his own way. Similar to how he changed his mind from being a sperm donor to becoming an official dad to Dominic.  When he decided to change that contract, he pretty much forced Abby and Chance to give way.  Now he expects to force Lily to give way.  Devon has a history of throwing tantrums, as far back as when he pitched a fit about Kay being his grandmother and Tucker being his bio dad.  

They were blameless in that - Harmony didn't tell any of them that Tucker was his dad but he still treated them both badly for something they had no knowledge of at the time.  He wanted Hilary when she was married to the sainted Neil so he went there even though he knew he was betraying Neil.  

It feels as if every time Devon is balked at getting what he wants, he just goes ahead anyway and then waits for the people he's wronged to get over it.  Now he's pissed because he might have to be face to face with Amanda, who he cheated on and he's squawking about that.  What a baby.  

Plenty of worse people in Genoa City but Devon is not always one of the good guys.

So Victoria is now some creepy sexual predator and Devon is once again the poor victim of his own making.  I don't think I'm seeing what Show wants me to see.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 11
On 2/28/2023 at 8:39 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I zoned out during that scene because Devon's tats skeeve me out. 

I don’t know what it is about him but I just cannot see him as a romantic leading man. I cannot stand his voice, for one thing. (And he will always be the aunt fucker. What a disgusting storyline.) 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

he will always be the aunt fucker.

I know a number of Y&R fans don't like Devon for a variety of reasons but this ^^^ is the one I cannot understand.

Tyra was not Devon's sister's mother, and she was not Devon's mother's sister. Not biologically, not by adoption, and not by marriage. Devon and Tyra were not related in any way. The only possible moral issue was that she was sort of with Neil but they had been off and on so application of the bro code was iffy at best IMO. Plus, it wasn't as if Devon had to force himself on Tyra; she made a choice too.

IRL, I think Devon would have no trouble getting women or achieving business success. Sure he's somewhat height- and hair-challenged but a bit of swagger can overcome a multitude of lackings in other areas. O hai Jeff Bezos.

And finally, of the longstanding characters currently in GC, the only ones which have never been recasted even temporarily are Chelsea, Christine, Devon, Esther, Mariah, Michael, Nick, Traci, and Victor. I think this must speak to TPTB's solid satisfaction with the portrayal and acceptance of all these characters--especially the ones who are still seen reguarly.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
got me out here doing research at dawn
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Are Tessa and the baby still in Oregon? If so, why? Tessa and Mariah have access to three private jets, which would allow them to bring the baby home.

And Mariah didn't send her mother a picture of the baby, announcing her arrival when she was born? Like, seriously?

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’m sick of Nick peeing on Sally’s leg every time Adam is nearby. And I’m sick of her letting him. 

Nick thinking he has any say about Adam’s involvement with his own child is some serious bullshit. It’s to the point that I wish the baby was Nick’s, that’s how much I hate this storyline. I’m not here for another round of kick Adam in the teeth for merely existing. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sharon owns a coffee shop, but spends her days spilling tea on everyone? If I had the misfortune to live in GC, I wouldn't go anywhere near Crimson Lights. Sharon would run her mouth about a mere sighting of someone, not to mention what she would do if she managed to roto-rooter out any actual information. Want to pull off the perfect crime? Send a doppelganger to Crimson Lights while you do it, and Sharon will testify the exact dates &  times she was getting your coffee. The drunken rant by Phyllis today was one of the most cringeworthy, over the top, curtain chewing, desperate attempts at acting I think I have ever seen. BTW, Nick, you do know that elevated blood pressure can be a cause of headaches for anyone, right? Hope your pre-natal wisdom and guidance doesn't begin and end with just encouraging Sally to take her vitamins everyday, unless your negligence causes Sally to have a stroke, that makes her forget your entire relationship. Was today "Basic Black Friday" in GC?  Lauren, Sally, Stark, Jack and Diane? Even Vicki in next week's previews. Guess the wardrobe stylist got fired too.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Sharon owns a coffee shop, but spends her days spilling tea on everyone? If I had the misfortune to live in GC, I wouldn't go anywhere near Crimson Lights. Sharon would run her mouth about a mere sighting of someone, not to mention what she would do if she managed to roto-rooter out any actual information. Want to pull off the perfect crime? Send a doppelganger to Crimson Lights while you do it, and Sharon will testify the exact dates &  times she was getting your coffee. The drunken rant by Phyllis today was one of the most cringeworthy, over the top, curtain chewing, desperate attempts at acting I think I have ever seen. BTW, Nick, you do know that elevated blood pressure can be a cause of headaches for anyone, right? Hope your pre-natal wisdom and guidance doesn't begin and end with just encouraging Sally to take her vitamins everyday, unless your negligence causes Sally to have a stroke, that makes her forget your entire relationship. Was today "Basic Black Friday" in GC?  Lauren, Sally, Stark, Jack and Diane? Even Vicki in next week's previews. Guess the wardrobe stylist got fired too.

Needy Adam is almost as stomach turning as lovestruck Jack. Gag me.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Diane: Sniff. I never cry at movies. Getting Vitamin D on the regular has made me soft.

Jack: We watched The Amityville Horror.

Diane: I never want this journey to end.

Jack: Happy endings are overrated. Sometimes you get a massage, and it’s like enough already. The handy is just too extra.

@@@@@@

Phyllis: Drunk dialing my kids, y’all! Summer, I shot you out of my cooch in an elevator. Jack caught you. Your dad could have been smart. Daniel! I just told your sister’s voicemail about her trip through my birth canal. Call me!

Michael: Sweet fancy Moses. Walk away, walk away!

Lauren: Too late. We’ve been made.

Phyllis: Look at this, two people just staring at me like I’m a human/serpent hybrid.

Lauren: What’s with the booze bag routine?

Phyllis: Children can break your heart. My kids keep telling me I fucked up their life just because I do exactly what they ask me not to.They don’t even thank me for my bull in a china shop approach! I am sick of it. Sick of it!

Michael: I’ve never seen narcissistic decompensating like this and I work for Victor Newman.

Phyllis: Since you don’t agree with me, I declare your words meaningless.

Lauren: Eat a sandwich.

Phyllis: I am not shoving a sandwich down my throat.

Michael: I volunteer as tribute.

Phyllis: You bastard! You welcomed Diane to town like she wasn’t a virus, infection, organism and any other dehumanizing term you care to imagine. I want that bitch dead! For real this time. Dead dead dead! Caw caw!

Michael: Diane is not the source of your problems, asshole. Might I also advise against loud public death threats?

Phyllis: I have a constitutional right to describe how I’d like to dismember Diane and bury different parts of her under various Genoa City landmarks.

Lauren: Look -

Phyllis: No, you look! I saw how Chelsea Lawson had everyone dancing to her tune after her mental health crisis. I’m going to get me some of that sweet action. I’m suffocating under your crazy quilt of tough love. Caw caw!

Lauren: Godzilla has escaped. Tokyo is in danger.

Michael: Ah, fuck me in the neck.

@@@@@@@@

Sally: Nick, my lady brain hurts. I’m afraid something is wrong with the baby.

Nick: You called the right guy. But, Sally, the baby isn’t in your head. Like where would it come out - your ear? LOL! Even I know that.

Sally: Oh thank goodness for your support and guidance, Nick. I’ll call the doctor too.

Nick: I’m here already. Did I mention I’ve moved my office down the hall? It’s next to the maintenance closet where I Windex my balls.

Sally: I spoke to the doctor. Headaches are actually common. Could be caffeine withdrawals, allergies, eye strain… it could be the blood pressure thing too. Oh, what a panicky tart I am!

Nick: Pardon me while I take a fatherly tone. Don’t feel bad. Always call me at the slightest worry so I can run right over and pee on your leg. And, I promise; I’ve given up asparagus.

Sally: My hero.

Nick: Now, let’s go through a long list of things that could cause headaches. The contents of your uterus are priority one and as the man in your life, it’s my duty to monitor the steps you take to preserve them. I’ll be staying on top of you.

Sally: Um.

Nick: LOL! On top of you taking care of the baby. I guess I’ll have to personally dispense your pre-natal vitamins from now on.

@@@@@@

Mariah: I have big, life-changing news! Not big enough to show onscreen or to be mentioned offhand until today, but still pretty big!

Sharon: The baby? Oh my god, is she here? Not here, with you. It’s perfectly normal that you aren’t introducing me to my granddaughter. Her birth in Offscreen, Oregon must have been stressful.

Mariah: We’ve been so excited that it’s completely logical we just shut ourselves away from the world and declined to share our joy. Can you give me a few minutes to unload some parenting propaganda that would make Mother Goose regurgitate?

Sharon: Of course! Oh hey, Adam. Can I get you anything?

Adam: Nah, all this kiddie schmaltz has inspired me to go slam my dick in a car door at Sally’s. Congratulations!

Sharon: So, have you picked out a name?

Mariah: We’re working on it. Are you sure you want to discuss this? You didn’t get to name me, after all.

Sharon: I got to name Noah and look at how that turned out.

@@@@@@@

Diane: I feel a disturbance in the Phyllis.

Jack: How much inane dialogue about wuv can a dull writer cram into a scene? I feel we’re on the cusp of finding out.

Bang!

Diane: Ahhhhhh! It’s Jeremy! Fireplace poker don’t fail me now!

Jack: I’ll check it out. Oh, it’s a tree branch.

Diane: Oh dear god, now that man is turning the forest against us!

Jack: I think it just fell.

Diane: We didn’t frame him for a big enough crime. Are you sure I can’t persuade you to commit a murder on my behalf?

Jack: Pretty sure. I feel like we should do the opposite of attacking him. We need to ignore Jeremy Stark.

Diane: Ignore him? Jack, the man left a paperback on our doorstep where anyone could have found it!

Jack: To prove that I don’t always rely on common sense, how about I propose to you?

@@@@@@@

Adam: Sally, it’s me!

Sally: I’m answering the door in a furtive way as if I’m ashamed of something in my room.

Adam: I just thought I’d drop by, see how you’re doing.

Sally: Just because we’re having a kid doesn’t mean we need to interact. Everything is fine now.

Adam: Now? And, uh, you called Nick?

Nick: It was pretty funny actually. Sally thought babies came out of the ear canal. Like what kind of sex were you two having?

Adam: Yeah, so, I was hoping I could go to the occasional doctor’s appointment and ultrasound.

Sally: I’ll think about it after consulting with my keeper.

Adam: Well, I’ll try not to drop in on you unexpectedly. I accept your decision to be with a sentient fart joke. We’ll talk later, I’m sure.

Nick: Grrrr. Nick not like Adam. Nick want smash. Nick accept he not make baby. Nick says be careful.

Sally: Adam can be dark, but I don’t think he’d pull shit on his own kid. What, precisely, should I be careful about?

Nick: Him showing up all the time. Knocking on your door every time you turn around. Only socializing with you in this hotel room. Constantly smothering you with advice and acting like he owns you. Whoa. Did you even feel that? I feel… seen.

@@@@@@

Michael: The Phyllis train has derailed.

Lauren: It was carrying homicidal clowns, wasn’t it?

In a Grape Popcorn hotel room

Jeremy: You’re lucky to be alive. I found you face down in a urinal.

Phyllis:…

Bravo, NP. 👏👏👏

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I cannot state anything that's not been already covered in Ninja's perfection of a recrap, but I will say this: Watching Mop salivate like a starved hound is beyond disgusting! Be.Yond. She stares at Nate like she's going to eat him alive, then use his bones to pick her fangs, the eat the bones afterward. Uch. These scenes with these two schmucks really highlights what bad actors they are, #amiright?

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Sally: Nick, my lady brain hurts. I’m afraid something is wrong with the baby.

Nick: You called the right guy. But, Sally, the baby isn’t in your head. Like where would it come out - your ear? LOL! Even I know that.

Sally: Oh thank goodness for your support and guidance, Nick. I’ll call the doctor too.

Nick: I’m here already. Did I mention I’ve moved my office down the hall? It’s next to the maintenance closet where I Windex my balls.

Sally: I spoke to the doctor. Headaches are actually common. Could be caffeine withdrawals, allergies, eye strain… it could be the blood pressure thing too. Oh, what a panicky tart I am!

Nick: Pardon me while I take a fatherly tone. Don’t feel bad. Always call me at the slightest worry so I can run right over and pee on your leg. And, I promise; I’ve given up asparagus.

Sally: My hero.

Nick: Now, let’s go through a long list of things that could cause headaches. The contents of your uterus are priority one and as the man in your life, it’s my duty to monitor the steps you take to preserve them. I’ll be staying on top of you.

Sally: Um.

Nick: LOL! On top of you taking care of the baby. I guess I’ll have to personally dispense your pre-natal vitamins from now on

Why are they making Sally such an idiot? She is smart and savvy. By now she would have read everything she could get her hands on about pregnancy. And a headache has her worried enough to call Nick to run over? I could see if she tripped and fell or something or had cramps but jeezus ,just a headache?

• Like 17
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I’m sick of Nick peeing on Sally’s leg every time Adam is nearby. And I’m sick of her letting him. 

Nick thinking he has any say about Adam’s involvement with his own child is some serious bullshit. It’s to the point that I wish the baby was Nick’s, that’s how much I hate this storyline. I’m not here for another round of kick Adam in the teeth for merely existing. 

I wouldn't go so far to wish the baby is Nick's but hate JM in this storyline and hate that Adam has to deal with Nick in it too.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Tyra was not Devon's sister's mother, and she was not Devon's mother's sister. Not biologically, not by adoption, and not by marriage. Devon and Tyra were not related in any way. The only possible moral issue was that she was sort of with Neil but they had been off and on so application of the bro code was iffy at best IMO. Plus, it wasn't as if Devon had to force himself on Tyra; she made a choice too.

They thought they were related growing up. For all of their lives, at that point. Then as soon as they found out they weren't related - wham bam thank you m'am. Who does that? That's just gross and about as incestuous as you can get without it actually being incest. Devon is a regular cast member, Tyra wasn't. Regular cast members are held to higher standards and viewers are more invested in what they do.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ruddy-faced Jack again. Ease up on the Jabot for Men face serum, my guy.

Not sure what Summer being born in an elevator has to do with anything, Phyllis. At least it wasn't a dumpster, you lunatic.

Yay, Tessa and Mariah are officially mommies now.

Nick can miss me with his "Sup" stuff. Kewl Dad he is not.

A filet mignon panini. I dunno, sounds like a fancy schmancy Philly cheesesteak to me.

Heh, it was nice of the show to acknowledge how people go to the coffeehouse and later leave without buying anything. Today Sharon finally noticed, lol.

Adam, Sharon didn't tell you about Sally's pregnancy because Sally has been taken under Nick's wing now. Sharon never gossips about Nick's business.

So life is zero-sum for Phyllis, and as far as she's concerned, she and Diane cannot exist simultaneously in anyone's friend group. How old is she, 12?

OH NO HE DIDN'T! Nick ragged on Adam for showing up announced at Sally's hotel room. M.f.-er (😼) you are the king of randomly dropping by with no warning. STF all the way U.

Sally told Adam there's nothing she needs from him before the baby's born. Oof, bet she's going to have to eat those cruel words later.

Gee, Nick, maybe Adam doesn't want to watch you steal another one of his kids. Try being straight with Sally about the Christian factor instead of issuing vague warnings.

Come on! Stark let himself into Phyllis' room while she was passed out? AFAIC trespassing = immediate 9-1-1 call.

Okay, I have to commend MS on her performance today. She was bringing it with Phyllis' drunken breakdown and it didn't feel like a blatant Emmy grab. TEB and CLB were clearly trying not to inch into her spotlight though.

@NinjaPenguins, we're all dead! Show some mercy! 🥴🥳🥴🥳

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sally told Adam there's nothing she needs from him before the baby's born

She should have him set up a trust fund for the baby before the sibling rivalry gets out of hand and the poor kid gets lost in the shuffle.

I have not watched half of yesterday and all of today so I have to catch up.  Instead I watched 3 back to back episodes  Valhalla Vikings and  compared to the action on that YR is a a real snooze fest. 

@Ninja--I have to go back and savor your brilliant  {as usual} and hilarious post!

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Do you know what’s worse than Copperhead trying act drunk and pathetic?  Nothing absolutely nothing!  Copperhead, I have news for you, your life as been spinning out for years but you have never realized that until know.  

Michael and Lauren enter the Grand Albatross lobby and my first impression was that Michael was with a call girl. 

It’s a girl!! Congrats Mariah and Tessa. Even though is a girl I hope the name her Bowie.  If not Bowie, Cassie would work for me. 

I had to laugh when Sally said a smell could be contributing to her headaches. I hope it’s not bananas since Banana Breath reeks of bananas.  Check that I hope it is!  The other thing could be the smell of Banana Breath’s piss on her as he marks his territory.  With Adam you don’t know what to expect. When push comes to shove, Banana Breath, you can expect Adam to come through by doing the right thing. 

Adam doesn’t see a reaction, from Sharon, not because she already knew. It because that’s the only reaction her face will allow 😉

The one thing I really loved today was the woodpecker doorbell at the Abbott Cabin.  It’s available on line so I’m going to order one. 

Jack is 100% correct by not allowing Stark to live in your head. Ignore him and if he persists, take out a restraining order. A violation of a restraining order can revoke his parole. The other warning I would have for Jack and Diane is not to walk by Rex Ruggs and give the managers, of Rental Car Agencies, a picture of Copperhead and bribe them not to rent a car to this person.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

High blood pressure and a bad headache can often mean toxemia or pre-eclampsia in pregnancy.  I don’t understand why no one, not even her OB, hasn’t picked up on that. 
The only treatment for pre-eclampsia, which can lead to the mother’s death, is delivery of the baby. If it’s really early in the pregnancy, that can lead to a devastating outcome. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 9
(edited)

Ho kay, I just started today's shew and I'm getting steamed already.

BY NOW, Nick and Sally should be using the appropriate greetings, and Sally, since she's pregnant, should already be attired in the Victor Newman Future Grandchild lounge wear, 

giphy.gif

not still wearing pants as if she's not a defiled handmaiden in need of bonobo guidance and protection.

Nick knows enough to not greet an incubator with "Sup".  From now on, it better be, "Blessed is the Fruit" and Sally better be answering, "May the Lord Open".

Don't make me call Aunt Lydia, I mean, Phyllis.

Edited by boes
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11