Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Not only do I think Sally regretted it, she looked like she was repulsed when Nick was caressing her thigh.  I hope this was just a serious lapse in judgment, or perhaps she was having an aneurysm at the time, and that she didn't just defile herself to secure her position at NM.   Adam's going to leak the Ashland story now, isn't he?

Lily is such a fool.  Whatever familial relationship was left between Devon and Nate just got blowed up for good because she pushed them into a stressful situation involving power dynamics.  Recipe for disaster.  

Do moguls often refer to themselves as moguls?  Non-CEOs want to know.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

This is what I get.  Was going to write a comment complimenting Victor/EB for (mostly) behaving like a human being during his scenes with Jack and how well that came off.

Then....umm.  He probably had the whole cast stand behind the camera to applaud his badass "fighting" skills.  Making us think this might just be to show Victor having a heart attack while phony boxing probably doesn't quite drive the whole macho man point home.  

I agree, Sally did look disgusted.  Guess The Sperminator Nick isn't so great after all.  Of course he immediately had her go for some burgers and booze afterward.  Stay classy, asshole.  

Temp Imani's personality is much less vixen, and more strangely disconcerting.  That said, I don't blame the actress at ALL...gotta be a tough job to step in like that.   

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Snap, I always think of you as not only a Mogul, but as also an honorary COO.  

If there are two self-identified moguls in a room, do we call them mogli, or can I continue to think of Victoria and Lily as long-term doofis?

Correct Anglysh is bery ompurtend two mee.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Right? The context for that conversation was so stupid to me. AFAIC, Lily and Victoria are both CEOs and business moguls in the same way Maseratis and Camaros are both cars. Besides, when I hear the word "mogul," my first thought is something like this:

moguls.jpg.f4f38b0052373df3a44e0311694efc57.jpg

So, to conclude, Lily and Victoria are lumps of snow on ski slopes.😉

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

.The secksay times must not've been all that great if Sally didn't want an encore. Girl, the only thing I'm hoping now is that you are conscientious in your contraceptive use. BECAUSE SALLY YOU DON'T NEED TO BE HAVING NICK'S BABY!

Why would you say such a horrid thing???

Scared Horror GIF

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 18

More thoughts after digesting the show overnight:

1. Where did the sheets come from in Sally's office? I don't think any office supply store sells them.

2. They don't call him Neanderthal Nick for nothin'!  "Me Nick. Me hungry".  The most in romantic scene ever.

3. Too bad the original Nate isn't still on the show. You know, the one who was always shirtless. He would have ripped his shirt off and cleaned.Devon's clock.

4.  Is it just coincidence coincidence that dumpster ads keep popping up on my computer? I'm not kidding.

5. In retrospect, I do feel a bit sad for Eric Braden/Victor Newman. I'm not totally sure of the intent of.that scene but it is clear that he is not the vibrant man he used to be. And love him or hate him, he has been a huge part of the show. What would GC be without him. It would be on par with Catherine's passing.

That was the best show in a in a lonnnng time. I even watched it twice.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Not only do I think Sally regretted it, she looked like she was repulsed when Nick was caressing her thigh.  I hope this was just a serious lapse in judgment, or perhaps she was having an aneurysm at the time, and that she didn't just defile herself to secure her position at NM.   Adam's going to leak the Ashland story now, isn't he?

Girl, wouldn't you be? The ick factor was high! And I remember him caressing Phyllis' leg exactly that way when their affair started (I did find their affair hot though) I hope Adam doesn't leak the Ashland story. I hope he just moves on and continues to try to make healthy choices. To be honest I'm a Shaddam shipper (as well as Ally) and would be fine if he ricocheted back to Sharon at least as friends and support. I hate that Sharon listens to other people about her experience with Adam as if she hasn't been just as toxic.

There's certainly no excuse for how he treated Sally but I'm not a tit for tat kind of person so if I couldn't forgive him I'd simply walk away and avoid him very unlikely to do his brother while he was knocking on my door. I'm really disappointed in her but it's plot driven writing. As someone mentioned up thread, Sally has never been one to hop on the first train she sees, and Nick's dirty train had no business in her station. Defiled is the right word. He is absolutely not worthy to be touching her. *shudders* Brain bleach please!

Edited by slayer2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

The things I think of in the early morning.....

In the case of the two Mogulettes, Victoria and Lily, 

do Moguls really stop by a coffee shop to pick up their own half bacon fat, half pigeon poop, no foam green tea with a splash of motor oil latte, or wouldn't they send one of their minions out to do it?  Or, in the case of the much vaunted international Newman Enterprises, wouldn't they have an on staff, around the clock set of chefs to do all that on site?  

I don't think either one of them is moguling very well.

There must be a Moguling for Dummies they could refer to.

1 hour ago, slayer2 said:

Girl, wouldn't you be? The ick factor was high! And I remember him caressing Phyllis' leg exactly that way when their affair started

I always figured Nick for one of those guys whose kinks ran in the food direction.  I'm sorta surprised, now that you mention it, that his idea of foreplay doesn't include a bottle of A-1 steak sauce and that Heinz ketchup/mustard combo.

Clean up in Aisle Ick!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 21

So icky! Watching a dude put the exact same moves on someone his daughter's age that he did with one of his baby mamas. Oh Sally how could you let that thing touch you. And Nick isn't one for condoms so the STD risk is high.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Missed you all! Been busy watching the world's longest running soap, the British royal family. Checked the show out today, and I still don't get all the energy Nikki is exerting about whipping the seemingly dead horse of her past relationship with Diane Jenkins. Flying out to LA for a face to face with Duncan? I thought Nikki had a real job at Newman Enterprises. Thank God for Courtney Hope. She and the actress playing Diane seem to be the only ones worthy of watching, and earning their paychecks at this point.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

You can count me in with the viewers who thought Grampire was going to see daylight and turn to dust in his special little punching bag room. It was so random and there was something about the way it was filmed.

That was the worlds smallest boxing club-maybe it was a corner in his basement ?

• LOL 11

So now Sally regrets her lousy roll in the hay with Nick.  And what kind of dick move was that text he sent her. Keep me in the loop??!!  How about kick him in the balls?

Just now, MsMalin said:

Nevermind

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 5

I wouldn't mind a Shadam redeaux either as they were my favorite couple until Ally came along. 

And nothing against JM, who seems like a nice guy in RL and not unattractive, but his Nick is just ick...like a walking STD.

I liked him in the very early days of Shick, but not all that long, and he was quite hot in the very early days of Phick, but mostly, I could easily do without him on my screen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Did Sally actually have sex with Nick?!

Please don't shoot the messenger, but yes.

Has the show ever been as terrible as it is right now?  And boring.

I have to wonder that myself.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I actually have liked the last 2 days. There is so much fodder for us to critique here.

Not me because to be honest, something about Nick and Sally just makes me so uncomfortable. I don't really like love portrayed that way, as disposable. I felt similarly when Adam was publicly berated and degraded her. I feel like Josh Griffiths is gaslighting the audience. And to hear that...

Spoiler

They have sex again today

I do not need to see it. Ugh. 

Edited by slayer2
  • Sad 9

I don't like how Jack has been giving Grampire tongue baths. Or how Jack is falling for Diane. Or how Diane is being accepted by anyone. Or how boring her return has turned out to be. Or what a boring fail the entire Ashland debacle has turned out. Or how Adam and Sally were pointlessly broken up. Or how uncharacteristic it is of Sally to hop on Dick in a Box. Or how pointless and boring and silly the entire C-W storyline has been. Or how Mariah and Tessa have been back-burnered. Or that heinous Dom storyline that they are now pretending never happened. Or Chelsea. Or ButtBiscuit. Currently there's nothing worth watching and no one to root for. There's too much bouncing around of many characters, as though they're just trying to figure out what to do with everyone in a very boring way. Allie has turned out to be uninteresting, whereas she came on with so much potential. The only good thing about Diane's return for me has been the few Ashley sightings we sporadically get. And why doesn't Traci have something better to do? Where did Nina go? Why did they completely ditch Paul? Why isn't there any sub story about Kevin and Chloe as a couple with their child Whatsitsname? Why is Michael being wasted? Why do they make Lauren seem like a bitchy fool? Why have they been making most of the women into bitchy fools?

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Adam and Sally 🔥🔥🔥.  

Banana Breath and Sally 🥶🥶🥶.

Jack and Diane 😀

Natey Nate Nate and Elena 😢 

Victor and Nikki 😤

I might be reading into this but Sally is regretting sex with Banana Breath and is ashamed and guilty that she gave into having gorilla sex.  Adam is Sally’s drug of choice no matter what.   

With Y&R as with the Bold and the Beautiful, the elitist are not truly happy if they are not reeking havoc on what they deem are the “unworthy”.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I think once they get past the 50 year mark they are going to meld this show with Bold & Beautiful. Just a vibe. It's like Y&R is on life support or dialysis, waiting for a transplant.

I hope you aren’t right - but it makes sense.  Both soaps need a complete overhaul with regard to their writing and production staffs. The writing is unforgivingly terrible. And Y&R needs a new wardrobe consultant. 😒

• Sad 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, slayer2 said:

I don't really like love portrayed that way, as disposable.

well, that is definitely not love. I don't know what it is but its not love.

And omg at your spoiler. I was hoping that was an one off aberation.

1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Or what a boring fail the entire Ashland debacle has turned out. Or how Adam and Sally were pointlessly broken up. Or how uncharacteristic it is of Sally to hop on Dick in a box

I've gotta say, I totally agree on these three

• Like 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

I might be reading into this but Sally is regretting sex with Banana Breath and is ashamed and guilty that she gave into having gorilla sex.  Adam is Sally’s drug of choice no matter what

no, you aren't reading into it. When she was looking in the mirror she looked very regretful. She belongs with Adam and I can't believe she resisted him today especially when he knelt in front of her chair and looked into her eyes. That was a good scene.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Show really knows how to start an episode, doesn't it?  I mean, who wouldn't want the first scenes of the day to be two giant whiny manbabies commiserating over the difficulties of getting through a days work at a job they've acquired solely by family connection?  Poor Nate Natey Nate Nate Not-a-surgeon Nate.  For starters, the other day Devon said Nate had a god complex, the kind that went along with being a surgeon and that zinger was a bullseye.  I spent most of my working life around medicine and while it's less true now than it was, when I was coming up, most doctors, but especially surgeons thought the sun shown out of their posteriors.  And while Nate has ample reason to shine considering that part of his anatomy, he's a huge asshole in so many more ways than just that.  Olivia's bouncing baby boy has got quite the opinion of himself, and when he comes up against Devon, who's no slouch in the self-regard department, Lily's dream of the Partridge Family Band is going down in flames.

I do love watching Nick "think", though.  You can almost watch that bouncing ball, going from word to word, as Dickolas tries to understand what Nate is actually saying.  He purses those lips, scrunches up his eyes, gazes into the distance and gives every appearance of trying to puzzle out the meaning of this funny thing called life, while all the time he's trying to remember the lyrics to "The Candy Man".  

Nick...."The Candy Man makes everything he bakes, Satisfying and delicious, Talk about your childhood wishes, You can even eat the dishes......Could I REALLY eat the dishes??  Would Abby mind?......Oh, you were saying, Nate?"

More likely, he was trying to rhyme something about those three minutes of awesomeness he graced Sally with earlier......"The neckbone connects to the chin bone, the ham bone connects to the knee bone..... Do the Hokey Pokey, that's what it's all about.........Hahahahahaha,......BONE!!! that's funny."

Nick's mind is a long walk in a shallow and fetid pond.

Moguls aren't what they used to be.

Speaking of fetid, that mumblefest of love back at the Raunch was disconcerting.  She can't find her chargers, Victor hasn't been able to locate his chargers in more than a decade and the Long Good Bye made me feel sorry for Deacon.  I don't watch B&B, but I can't imagine a visit from Nikki is going to brighten his or anyone else's day.

Adam and Sally...... like everyone else, I'm beyond annoyed Show messed up the only relationship that had any real life to it so that Sally could get her first taste of spam.  

Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Smilin' Jack and Grandma Dee Dee looked so fabulous together. Too bad she can't be trusted and he's determined to be made a fool of.

All so true, but they do make an attractive couple, and it's nice seeing Jack with someone who's not so obviously batshit crazy, or at least someone who hides it better than 

giphy.gif

this.

Edited by boes
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

I thought Adam was still living in the Tack House.  If he and Chelsea are both living at the Grand Phoenix, where does Connor live when he's not at boarding school or camp?  So ridiculous that all these wealthy people are living in a hotel.  Many years ago Jill lived in a suite at a hotel, but it was quite luxurious and had multiple rooms.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And with that one text, Nick reinforced a #metoo situation. The threat was subtle but it was there. Oh, Sally, you in danger, girl.

I was shocked at that.  Just on the optics of it.  I know no one except basically us watches anymore, but still...what are they thinking?

Clear as day that Nate's going to be (literally 🤭) under Imani's influence soon.   Way to fuck over everyone else who didn't even do anything to you, all because you're not getting attention.  And this is more to yesterday's episode, but Nate's the one who *every* time has insinuated violence in his confrontations with Devon.  So weak.  

No way Elena's going to be ride or die on this one, nor should she be.  At least she has a conscience.  And, you know, a job.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, JNavarro said:

Clear as day that Nate's going to be (literally 🤭) under Imani's influence soon.   Way to fuck over everyone else who didn't even do anything to you, all because you're not getting attention.  And this is more to yesterday's episode, but Nate's the one who *every* time has insinuated violence in his confrontations with Devon.  So weak. 

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Top Ten Careers That Attract Psychopaths

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (TV/Radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police Officer

8. Clergy

9. Chef

10. Civil Servant

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I'm glad the Chancellor-Winters thing is falling apart but making Imani apart of it just seems so unnecessary it's not even fun to watch her thirst for Nate or encourage him/stir the pot(considering he's an self-satisfied douche and she's too horny for him to see that). But yeah, Nate is clearly disturbed in some way because you have to be a special kind of smug asshole to where I barely even notice Buttbiscuit or Devon in the room with you(in reference to yesterdays episode).  

Why can't we have nice things? Sally & Adam were the best this shit show had to offer in couples beside Mariah & Tessa, and they had to tank for Banana Breath Newman? Arguably the lamest one of the bunch followed closely by his sister/daughter. Depending on the day, Victoria is the most unimpressive one in their generation. It's just so weird to think that the only woman Adam & Nick haven't shared(yet Y&R vets can correct me on this) is Phyllis, the most sharable one next to Sharon. Like wtf??? Adam is to Y&R what Meg Griffin is to Family Guy. He can't even win for losing. He deserves better than this shit. Sally does too smh 

This Sally & Nick thing is so gross & unsettling to watch that I can't even really find any joy in the silver lining that Summer & Phyllis would be so pissed at finding out about it. 

So basically I gain nothing but a headache from picking this show up again great....... 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

I thought Adam was still living in the Tack House.  If he and Chelsea are both living at the Grand Phoenix, where does Connor live when he's not at boarding school or camp? 

When Adam quit working at all things Newman, he decided he couldn't continue living at the ranch. However he told Victor he wanted Connor to stay here, presumably because of the horses, ice skating on the pond, playing with his cousins, etc. When Adam or Chelsea want to see him they go out to the ranch now, and I guess neither of them are worried about Connor getting indoctrinated by his grandfather.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, slayer2 said:

And Nick isn't one for condoms so the STD risk is high.

One summer they did a PSA on using protection with Nick talking to Noah about it. Noah was already being responsible, but not much later Nick & Whatshername conceived Christian on dirty dropcloths on the floor of the Underground.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

When Adam or Chelsea want to see him they go out to the ranch now, and I guess neither of them are worried about Connor getting indoctrinated by his grandfather.

Maybe they're hoping Conner will leave his roller skates on the stairs.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, JNavarro said:
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And with that one text, Nick reinforced a #metoo situation. The threat was subtle but it was there. Oh, Sally, you in danger, girl.

I was shocked at that.  Just on the optics of it.  I know no one except basically us watches anymore, but still...what are they thinking?

If the writers have any brains at all in 2022 they will have a sexual harassment storyline here. I am praying that Sally sues Nick. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, slayer2 said:

Not me because to be honest, something about Nick and Sally just makes me so uncomfortable. I don't really like love portrayed that way, as disposable. I felt similarly when Adam was publicly berated and degraded her. I feel like Josh Griffiths is gaslighting the audience. And to hear that...

Reveal spoiler

They have sex again today

I do not need to see it. Ugh. 

That spoiler:

snl-why.gif

• Sad 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

If the writers have any brains at all in 2022 they will have a sexual harassment storyline here. I am praying that Sally sues Nick. 

They don't but I've been screaming this to high heavens. The scene began with Sally asking if she was fired then ended with her screwing her boss. Very very disturbing.

• Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Not even the thought of how Phyllis and Summer's faces will crack beyond repair when they learn the news is making me have one iota of interest in this Sally/Nick monstrosity.

Adam pleading with Sally yesterday broke my heart.

Him telling her: "I never stopped loving you and I don't think that love went away for you anymore than it did for me." 💔

It is more than obvious she still loves him and she's angry and disgusted at herself for what she did (even though they were broken up at Adam's insistence and so had a right to have sex with whomever she chose) and is punishing him for her idiotic decision to bone Nick. 

I think, on some level, that Sally is so used to being shit on that this time, with this man, who broke up with her to protect her, not because he didn't love her, she didn't know what to do with that, so she sabotaged the relationship before he would come to his senses and reject her outright. That's the only thing that is making any kind of sense to me. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Not even the thought of how Phyllis and Summer's faces will crack beyond repair when they learn the news is making me have one iota of interest in this Sally/Nick monstrosity.

Adam pleading with Sally yesterday broke my heart.

Him telling her: "I never stopped loving you and I don't think that love went away for you anymore than it did for me." 💔

It is more than obvious she still loves him and she's angry and disgusted at herself for what she did (even though they were broken up at Adam's insistence and so had a right to have sex with whomever she chose) and is punishing him for her idiotic decision to bone Nick. 

I think, on some level, that Sally is so used to being shit on that this time, with this man, who broke up with her to protect her, not because he didn't love her, she didn't know what to do with that, so she sabotaged the relationship before he would come to his senses and reject her outright. That's the only thing that is making any kind of sense to me. 

Yeah, she is self-sabotaging big time, the more I look at it the more I side with Adam in this scenario because he's not the type of guy to jump on the first train he sees, as evidenced by never having hooked up with Phyllis, Adam needs a mental connection and him telling her early on at the wedding that he didn't want to use her and cast her aside was more than proof of his growth and maturity and ironically exactly what Nick will do. 

Sally told Adam she didn't want to be his "guilty pleasure or his dirty little secret" yet here she is being exactly that for Nick. Adam was upfront with her the whole time that he wasn't ready for a relationship and she kept pushing him anyway, finally when he was ready his father's and families' latest treatment sent him spiralling into his routine of unworthiness and he made a massive, massive misstep in not trusting her to love and support him through it. I understand fully if she can't get over his mistreatment of her even though his intention was to protect her but her falling into bed with Nick so soon after all this is an act of cruelty that is hard to see past. Adam's intention was to keep her job and to protect her from what he felt were his toxic traits and spiralling. What's Sally's intention here? Because there is literally nothing she could do that could hurt him more than what she's doing right now. 

Frankly the only reason Sally is employed in Genoa City is because Adam fought for her against his family to hire her and again when his sister cut their Fashion House and let them go. Nick and the rest of the family were all too thrilled to watch (or hear about) Phyllis dumping a bucket of ice on her head and humiliating her at the Launch while Adam offered her a towel and some encouraging words and he's been doing that almost the whole time. Sally has really fucked up here. Nick and the Newmans are wolves in sheep's clothing and she'll soon learn that firsthand.

Edited by slayer2
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I did think they did the whole Sally/Adam breakup so that she'd be freed up for Nick - who they're still trying to keep in the young, hot stud category (as opposed to dad of adult children and why they finally put the kibosh on him with Phyllis). Nick, like any Newman, has to be the winner. But now I'm wondering if this is all to set up a "who's the baby daddy" story. 

Adam breaks up with Sally, Sally is still pining but sleeps with Nick (a 1000 eye-rolls here), Adam tells her he wants her back. That's a setup for a "I don't know who got me pregnant" story. One where Sally and Adam do get back together, but then she finds out she's pregnant, he's thrilled and then at some point it all comes out. And, even if they do recover from it, of course the kid will be Nick's - because 90% of kids on this show have to be Victors or Nicks.

I hope I'm wrong, but given the ability (or serious lack thereof) of these writers? That's my guess.

• Like 4
  • Sad 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Ok, now I am super disgusted. Sally and Nick had another roll in the hay and she seemed to enjoy it this time.  I guess a sexual harassment lawsuit is off the table now.

Victoria was absolutely stunning today. She is a beauty.

Oh boy Nate...its on!!!!

OH FUCK NO!!!! ADAM JUST WALKED IN ON SALLY AND NICK. He need only look at the snail trail on the bed to know what they've been up to if there was any doubt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3

This episode made me wonder if all our "supply chain" issues weren't caused by CEO's, COO's, & CFO's spending hours in coffee shops, having sex, or flying out to LA to resurrect information on an insignificant enemy, not related to any business matter. Uh, MWT's, Nate just engaged in setting up an "insider information" stock manipulation. Who's going to play the SEC, FBI, and federal prosecutors that will follow up on this? Nate's not a Newman, he's going to need to have consequences. Sad to say, I am beginning to sympathize with Devon's perception that Nate is impulsive and short sighted. OMG....in the previews Nikki looks old enough to be Deacon's mother!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

I did think they did the whole Sally/Adam breakup so that she'd be freed up for Nick - who they're still trying to keep in the young, hot stud category (as opposed to dad of adult children and why they finally put the kibosh on him with Phyllis). Nick, like any Newman, has to be the winner. But now I'm wondering if this is all to set up a "who's the baby daddy" story. 

I thought so initially too but now I think they're just going to make her pregnant with Nick's kid. They're doing their best to decimate both Adam and Sally/Adam by trying to tell us Adam is the worst person in the universe and acting like Sally is justified in sleeping with his brother. JG's interview in Soap Digest was basically saying that Adam has no right to ask her if she's sleeping with his brother. At this point I think they just want to give Nick someone to do and Sally is JG's pet so they decimate whomever and whatever to get them there, to hell with common sense. The most I can hope for is that Adam gets over her really quickly and moves on with his life. I wish that would be with Sharon since she's the only one who has never let him down but even if that's not the case at least he'll have  reluctant allies (no pun intended) in Phyllis and Chelsea.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Uh, MWT's, Nate just engaged in setting up an "insider information" stock manipulation. Who's going to play the SEC, FBI, and federal prosecutors that will follow up on this? Nate's not a Newman, he's going to need to have consequences. Sad to say, I am beginning to sympathize with Devon's perception that Nate is impulsive and short sighted. OMG....in the previews Nikki looks old enough to be Deacon's mother!

Yes, what Nate just shared with Victoria is illegal; I hope Victoria agrees to work with him. That would make her criminally liable, also. It might be one of the best storylines on the show in ages. Which is why it won’t happen - it is fresh and current.

I hate what might be going to happen with Sally/Mariah/Tessa; that would make two botched surrogate storylines. Sadly, the writers have ruined Sally for me, made Adam so sad that he will revert to Bad Son; and made Nick into … something. Adam/Nick bonding as brothers has been and could be so very good; they play off one another well when they are getting along. Together they could rein both Victor and His Precious in. The show yesterday and today was more ugh than usual. I think the show/writers are trying to placate Josh/Nick - who has been vocal about having more to do.

Julyolo, yes! Nikki and Deacon….a bad take on Mrs. Robinson. 

Edited by Kemper
Spelling error
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Just to change the subject a bit: Regarding Nicks parenting style

I know, I know, they can't have kids on the set, it would be boring, etc. And its not just Nick but everyone with kids. But I couldn't help but think yesterday, this was Nicks typical day:
Work. Whatever that is. 9-5
Work late and have sex with Sally 5-7
Go out to dinner 7-8
Take Sally home 8-8:30
Go back to the bar for drinks. Was that necessary? 8:30-10??

It kills me how they fight for custody and once they get it they neglect the kid. I hope his nanny is very well paid . She earns every penny.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

After this second Sally/Dick in a Box boink I was ready to stop watching altogether. I've mulled it over and realized that there's nothing on this show worth watching anymore. All the stories are bad and the characters are being written to make me dislike them all. Then the promo with Deacon looking to get it on with Granny Nikki came on and now I have to hang in there to see what's up with that. 

(And those of us who watch both shows know he's currently boinking Sheila. I don't think he'll actually get anywhere with Snooti, but it will still be fun to watch. They have great chemistry.)

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes, what Nate just shared with Victoria is illegal; I hope Victoria agrees to work with him. That would make her criminally liable, also. It might be one of the best storylines on the show in ages. Which is why it won’t happen - it is fresh and current.

I hate what might be going to happen with Sally/Mariah/Tessa; that would make two botched surrogate storylines. Sadly, the writers have ruined Sally for me, made Adam so sad that he will revert to Bad Son; and made Nick into … something. Adam/Nick bonding as brothers has been and could be so very good; they play off one another well when they are getting along. Together they could rein both Victor and His Precious in. The show yesterday and today was more ugh than usual. I think the show/writers are trying to placate Josh/Nick - who has been vocal about having more to do.

Julyolo, yes! Nikki and Deacon….a bad take on Mrs. Robinson. 

They might want to consult with Martha Stewart... lying and saying they didn't have that conversation is a crime as well. I think Nate just flushed his business career....who would hire such a thirsty and duplicitous person with literally next to nothing in business experience in his resume?

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

After this second Sally/Dick in a Box boink I was ready to stop watching altogether. I've mulled it over and realized that there's nothing on this show worth watching anymore. All the stories are bad and the characters are being written to make me dislike them all. Then the promo with Deacon looking to get it on with Granny Nikki came on and now I have to hang in there to see what's up with that. 

(And those of us who watch both shows know he's currently boinking Sheila. I don't think he'll actually get anywhere with Snooti, but it will still be fun to watch. They have great chemistry.)

I've come to the conclusion that Josh Griffith is another Bradley Bell. He has no idea about characterization but only writes for plot points. Which is a shame because earlier in the pandemic he gave us some really great scenes that really seemed to get to the heart of the characters and he did create Sally and Adam and Lily and Billy which (before he ruined the former) I found so refreshing and honest and healthy. I guess he's the kind of guy who should only be hired a year at a time because he clearly couldn't keep it up. Hell I was even shipping Victoria and Ashland when RB was playing him. I guess JG just burns out faster than a campfire.

After the scenes with Adam today it's more clear to me than ever that Sally needs therapy and that Nick is the worst character on the show. I can't believe I'm going to say this but for once I will actually enjoy Phyllis and Chelsea and Summer raking her over the coals. The way she gaslight Adam today and tried to once again blame him for her choice really made me sick. What an absolutely dead-on character assassination of someone once so beloved.

And what Sally doesn't seem to realize in all this is that she is still the town pariah but while they have turned their focus to Diane, once they find out about this it will be right back on her. She has no currency in Genoa City and this latest stunt with Nick is going to repeal any goodwill Sharon had for her and put her right back on the list as Public Enemy Number #1. Did she really feel sleeping with her Boss' brother would enable her to keep her job? Victor the tyrant has one rule, only he, the ultimate jackass, is permitted to mess with his kids. No matter how estranged he is from Adam that won't change.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5