Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
39 minutes ago, Js Nana said:

"The scene of Victor grabbing Ashland through the bars was a bit much." Wouldn't have been great if Ashland had reached through the bars and grabbed Victor by the nose?

I thought Victor might fall over backwards after his standard old "intimidating" pelvic thrust toward his enemies move. He's not as steady on his feet as he used to be.

Edited by deirdra
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

The most interesting person on this show now is Diane. I am so over mumbling Victor, snotty Nikki, talentless Victoria with her horrible wardrobe and hairstyles, boring Nickolas and his spawn. Also Sharon and it goes without saying…..Phyllis.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7

No doubt Josh Morrow is bored as the audience in the Newman circle jerk, but it was especially noticeable today.  Amelia H wasn't much better.  And frankly it's difficult to evaluate Eric Braeden's interest in this dull, plodding story since I couldn't understand a damn thing that came out of his mouth.  I can't believe they're blowing up Adam and Sally for this shit.  As so many other people have suggested, why not have Sally and Adam, along with Chloe, start a new business?  Newman Enterprises ain't all that.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Eric Braeden's interest in this dull, plodding story since I couldn't understand a damn thing that came out of his mouth

He was always a mumbler but has gotten so much worse. My husband was talking so I turned up the volume to hear the dialog but it made no difference because I couldn't understand a word he said.

Hopefully Ashland whittles a shiv so next time Victor visits he can stab him.

Isn't Ashland still considered Harrison's legal father? I don't remember any legal proceedings to proclaim. Kyle and Summer his parents. And how would Victor get a restraining order in place? He is not the child's grandfather in any capacity other than being Summers grandfather but she is not Harrison's mother.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I guess the asses that be who write this schlock don't care about how bad and boring the storylines are because they just keep shoveling the same compost in our faces.  But what I find really interesting is how much their ratings have dropped in the past three weeks.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you go from a very consistent 2.4 rating to a 2.01 rating, it must send a signal to whomever that what they're doing isn't resonating with the viewers.  Every single story is boring, the characters are universally hated and they mess with things that are working or at least what the viewers like.  I'm sorry, but the Winter's story is beyond dull, and no one cares.  Nate, Devon and Co need to relocate to another planet to do their work. I despise Victoria and wish she's go away, but we all know that they rarely, if ever, kill off a legacy character. And it's time to put Victor and Nikki out to pasture and roll them out for holidays, funerals and weddings. Personally, I think this show has far too many characters and they need to dump at least 7 or 8 of them, and start writing stories that we care about

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I guess the asses that be who write this schlock don't care about how bad and boring the storylines are because they just keep shoveling the same compost in our faces.  But what I find really interesting is how much their ratings have dropped in the past three weeks.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you go from a very consistent 2.4 rating to a 2.01 rating, it must send a signal to whomever that what they're doing isn't resonating with the viewers. 

Good Lord.  I remember - since it wasn't really all that long ago - when ratings like those were part of the argument for cancelling All My Children and One Life to Live.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1

So Noah wants to give up his art and his job at New Hope to become a party planner solely on the basis that he enjoyed helping with Mariah and Tessa’s reception. Glum Noah who doesn’t look like he would recognize a good time even if it was right in front of him thinks organizing parties and events is the career for him.  I suppose his family would hire him…

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. A phrase that describes Olive among others that are too numerous to mention. Olive is so full of herself that she doesn’t have room for anything else. Victor, Nikki, and Banana Breath keep licking her hairy armpits and legs plus her skanky ass to feed her insatiable ego.  Even the decision about Sally, Nikki and Banana Breath just are her yes men. 

Wow that was fast. Allie just went to orientation and already she’s a star.  Yes Lauren, in a month Allie will be running the lab even though she will be spending a majority of her time with Noah. 

Come on monkeys with a keyboard. This must be a fucking joke. Lauren is now defending Rodan over Diane. Lauren hates Diane more than Rodan and wants Jack to give Rodan another chance. How about Diane getting another chance. In my eyes, Diane is Mother Teresa compared to Rodan.  

The other fucking joke of the day is the reason Adam gave Sally for breaking up.  It’s all her fault?  WTF?  Sally has been better for Adam than even Sharon.  Say what you want about Sally but CH is one hell of an actress.  It seems that Adam had to be harsh on Sally to convince her that he was gone and then to be able to deliver a passionate speech to Olive and Banana Breath to beep her job.  Olive should know how passionate Sally is about her work just by the wedding dress she was able to deliver.  It seems that the Newmans are in the school of what have you done for me lately.  I have to be optimistic about Sally and Adam getting back together to keep myself from being pissed off more than I usually am when Rodan, Olive, Nostrils, Chelsea, and Nikki are absolved from all their sins but Sally and Adam cannot no matter what. 

A  Covern of Witches according to legions are a group of 12 witches, but Rodan, Nikki, and now Lauren are witchy enough to make up for the other 10.  Once again I have to say, those 3 witches don’t give 💩💩 about Kyle and the fallout on Summer and Jack.  Rodan will cause tension in her daughter’s marriage and Rodan will push Jack even further away. As for Nikki, she’s sitting in the cat bird seat because he always backs Nikki even against his own granddaughter’s marriage. 

Even Allie’s and Noah’s kiss was like they were brother and sister kissing.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, MsMalin said:

He was always a mumbler but has gotten so much worse. My husband was talking so I turned up the volume to hear the dialog but it made no difference because I couldn't understand a word he said.

If you put on closed captioning, sometimes it says, "mumbles".

• LOL 23

I don't get it. Are TPTB trying to make us hate the Newmans? (The first and second generations, anyway. Most of the younger ones are okay.) It's a bad sign when an episode begins with them turning the Smug & Conceited up to 11.

Ashley looked fab and refreshed.

KMN. Apparently Adam spent all night coming up with his awful "it's not me, it's you" breakup speech he was giving Sally. 🤮🤮🤮

Whee, Noah was like, "Bish please. Ain't nobody got time for this" and hustled Allie away from Phyllis' presence. He had a front-row seat to Phyllis' scheming when he was growing up so it stands to reason he can see through her now. Not that Allie needed rescuing but I think she tends to be too tolerant of bad behavior from people older than her.

Ashley's okay with Phyllis using Jack's peen as a weapon against Diane. Of course she is, because stays not taking Jack's side in contentious situations. Grrr.

Nick in a brown tie with a gray suit. Yech. The combination hurt my eyes.

Part of me has to believe Adam is lying to Sally. He knew her liabilities from the start, and she's been nothing but loyal to and supportive of him. For him to have been merely using her for sex all this time, just to defy daddy, is insanely juvenile IMO. Adam is many things but he's not a bratty, horny teenager. This must be part of a long play he's making wrt NE. What a huge risk though if he's counting on Sally to take him back at some point.

Seriously, Ashley? What Phyllis did to Jack wasn't an "act of love," it was a declaration of ownership, targeted specifically at Diane. She had no regard for Jack's personal agency. Your advice sucks and you need to shut up. 🤨

Victoria and Nick standing there rolling their eyes at Sally while she was trying to cling to her job was despicable to me. Ugh!

Oh Diane. Stop casting your (tarnished) pearls before swine. Or in this specific case, before sows. Sows who don't seem to have more important things to do than obsess over you. You do need to stop mocking them to their faces though.

Wait, was that Allie and Noah's first kiss? What year is this, 1722? In 2022, in GC, those two should be shacked up and expecting their first kid already, lol.

All the things Ashley, Nikki, and Phyllis said Diane did to them, I'm pretty sure they've done to other people. Ouch, the hypocrisy. It burns!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 14
40 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. A phrase that describes Olive among others that are too numerous to mention. Olive is so full of herself that she doesn’t have room for anything else. Victor, Nikki, and Banana Breath keep licking her hairy armpits and legs plus her skanky ass to feed her insatiable ego.  Even the decision about Sally, Nikki and Banana Breath just are her yes men. 

Wow that was fast. Allie just went to orientation and already she’s a star.  Yes Lauren, in a month Allie will be running the lab even though she will be spending a majority of her time with Noah. 

Come on monkeys with a keyboard. This must be a fucking joke. Lauren is now defending Rodan over Diane. Lauren hates Diane more than Rodan and wants Jack to give Rodan another chance. How about Diane getting another chance. In my eyes, Diane is Mother Teresa compared to Rodan.  

The other fucking joke of the day is the reason Adam gave Sally for breaking up.  It’s all her fault?  WTF?  Sally has been better for Adam than even Sharon.  Say what you want about Sally but CH is one hell of an actress.  It seems that Adam had to be harsh on Sally to convince her that he was gone and then to be able to deliver a passionate speech to Olive and Banana Breath to beep her job.  Olive should know how passionate Sally is about her work just by the wedding dress she was able to deliver.  It seems that the Newmans are in the school of what have you done for me lately.  I have to be optimistic about Sally and Adam getting back together to keep myself from being pissed off more than I usually am when Rodan, Olive, Nostrils, Chelsea, and Nikki are absolved from all their sins but Sally and Adam cannot no matter what. 

A  Covern of Witches according to legions are a group of 12 witches, but Rodan, Nikki, and now Lauren are witchy enough to make up for the other 10.  Once again I have to say, those 3 witches don’t give 💩💩 about Kyle and the fallout on Summer and Jack.  Rodan will cause tension in her daughter’s marriage and Rodan will push Jack even further away. As for Nikki, she’s sitting in the cat bird seat because he always backs Nikki even against his own granddaughter’s marriage. 

Even Allie’s and Noah’s kiss was like they were brother and sister kissing.  

Waldo13, I think you mean Ashley when you say Lauren, don't you?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I think this show has far too many characters and they need to dump at least 7 or 8 of them, and start writing stories that we care about

Uh Oh...I think we need another contest about who should go and who should stay.... Pssst @Joimiaroxeu !

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Uh Oh...I think we need another contest about who should go and who should stay....

I had no idea there had been a contest; brilliant!  Maybe there she be a poll/contest for worst actor/actress.  Female:  Tie between Nicki and Phyllis   Male: Devon (Victor has aged out) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
42 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I had no idea there had been a contest; brilliant!  Maybe there she be a poll/contest for worst actor/actress.  Female:  Tie between Nicki and Phyllis   Male: Devon (Victor has aged out) 

Yes, @Joimiaroxeu does awesome This or That bracket polls when we behave ourselves and get very lucky...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4

^^^Ehhhh, it's too hot. 🥴 Maybe in a couple of months when my brain isn't sweating.

Also, I opt to do polls about the characters and not the actors who portray them. And the way I've staged the GTFO-type polls is for the winners to be the ones voters most want to remain in GC. Controversial characters tend to get voted out of town fairly quickly.

• Love 5

I can't believe Phyllis was crowing to Allie about her stint as CEO at Jabot when she came close to bankrupting the company during her brief tenure.  

I wish Diane would stop gloating, especially with Phyllis.  It's so easy to take the high road with someone who could give guided tours of sewer tunnels, so why can't she just play it cool?  Also, Diane might not want to accuse Phyllis of using Allie to get to Jack when Diane does the same thing.  Even Allie knows that about both of them.  Having said that, I'm not looking forward to Nikki, Phyllis, and Ashley engaging in what looks a lot like schoolyard bullying.  I'm guessing Diane will end up being a murder victim, with Nikki being prime suspect once again.   

14 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Isn't Ashland still considered Harrison's legal father? I don't remember any legal proceedings to proclaim. Kyle and Summer his parents. And how would Victor get a restraining order in place? He is not the child's grandfather in any capacity other than being Summers grandfather but she is not Harrison's mother.

Victor only orchestrated the restraining order by convincing Summer to convince Kyle to agree to it.  I don't remember any legal proceedings, either, but I think Ashland signed over custody as a part of his cancer scam.  Whatever was supposed to have taken place, Kyle has been calling all the shots regarding Harrison since before they went to Milan.

Unpopular opinions, but I think Allie and Noah are cute together.   And even though Ashley was giving Jack the worst advice ever, I think PB and ED are so good together.  They really sell the sibling relationship like no other.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, One Tough Cookie said:

CEO CIO< CO e\executive in charge . Doesn't anyone have a JOB in those companies?

Whoever is making all those CEO nameplates must be working overtime!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, boes said:

But the portrait artist didn't get a chance to make one of Adam, though Adam wasn't vain enough to want one; he should have stabbed pencils through The Mop's before removing it. Or at least throw a phone or tablet at it since they don't use pencils anymore. He could have asked his new buddy Ashland to help with the destruction.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Unpopular opinions, but I think Allie and Noah are cute together.   And even though Ashley was giving Jack the worst advice ever, I think PB and ED are so good together.  They really sell the sibling relationship like no other.

I'll join you at the Allie/Noah table, but can we go somewhere other than Crimson Lights?  The clientele there can be very sketchy.  

I think Jack and Ashley are very believable as siblings, too.  It's not always the bed of roses Tracy wishes it was.  Ashley still feels the sting of old resentments, some of them justified and I think sometimes, part of her enjoys sticking it to Jackie.  Very realistic sibling behavior.

But goddam, those three joining forces to oust Diane??  Everyone of them could match Diane's despicable deeds and raise her one.  I'd love seeing it all backfire on them in a spectacular fashion.

CH and MG did some fine work today IMO.  Those two are so good together, even when things are awful.  It's been a very long time since I've care about a Genoa City couple this much. Please, Show, don't muck this up too badly.

Show did Nick and Vic no favors having them follow directly after the powerhouse of Sally and Adam's scenes.  The Newman sib tag team of Nick and Vic had all the animation of sock puppets.  I'm waiting for the day, and it can't be too far away, when super exec Nick shows up to work with his underwear over his trousers.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, boes said:

Waldo13, I think you mean Ashley when you say Lauren, don't you?

Thanks BOES, I did mean Ashley but Lauren is not above being witchy herself. I guess Lauren was not on the call sheet but at some point, I expect Lauren to join the Coven. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeesh, today was a bad one.

The whole Ashley/Jack thing wasn't a complete surprise given the previews last week, but still worse than I thought.  They did the typical soap thing where one character gives dogshit arguments for what they want (basically what Phyllis did wasn't bad simply because Ashley doesn't like Diane), and the opposing character isn't allowed to counter anything.  Jack tried, I'll give him that, but they seem to be setting him up to the foolish old jerk who can't forgive valiant, brave Phyllis. 

IDK I kind of floated the CRAZY possibly that treating someone-someone important to your son- with some humanity doesn't mean that you absolve them or that they're your friend.  Or that reaching out to a "pariah" friend who's clearly hurting doesn't mean you're naive, maybe just.... a decent person instead?  I can't with this.  

Surprised Phyllis didn't start crying in the middle of talking to Allie and Noah.  🤡

CH sells the emotion so much, but it's not melodramatic.  It's like watching a real life reaction, and it *hurts*.  She's a damn star and it's a disgrace how she's been misused both on B&B and here so far.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 12

How many times is Jack supposed to forgive Phyllis? She’s dumped him too many times to count, cheated on him with his brother, didn’t realize she wasn’t sleeping with him when he was replaced with Marco, and took over his company. She’s a viper and he’s right to cross the street when he sees her.

And I can’t take the, We Hate Diane Club seriously. There’s nothing she’s done that they haven’t done as well. They’d rather have Kyle lose his mother again, than simply ignore Diane. 

Nikki keeps going on about how Diane faking her death led her to be convicted. She should take that up with GCPD and the DA. Also, Phyllis tried to send Nikki and Victoria to jail by snitching on their JT not murder. Why is that forgivable? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, boes said:

Nick's new nameplate is going to cost a little extra. He needs a bigger nameplate. Nick told them his new title is C-EIEIO.

• LOL 22
12 hours ago, JNavarro said:

CH sells the emotion so much, but it's not melodramatic.  It's like watching a real life reaction, and it *hurts*.  She's a damn star and it's a disgrace how she's been misused both on B&B and here so far.  

Yes, B&B trashed her to prop some character they haven't even shown in about a year.  

For a minute, I thought Adam would abandon this dumb charade when Sally appeared to see right through it.  But no...I get that they have to put couples through some drama to keep them interesting, but this is the worst kind.  Hopefully, this won't go on too long.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Did anyone else feel like they were watching an episode of the Real Housewives of Genoa City today?

It was actually laugh out loud funny when Phyllis was getting seriously ramped  up again just by talking about Diane, and Ashley leans over and asks, "Are you okay?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 22

Every time that I’ve hatched a nefarious plot with two co-conspirators, I’ve done it in the middle of the most popular restaurant in town. No one could possibly overhear or see us or get suspicious.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

(Someone already beat me to the reference by minutes but...) Over on another soap forum they're calling Phyllis, Nikki, and Ashley the Real Housewives of GC. Which kinda works since ED is/was on one of those RH shows. I think the GC one needs more members though. They should recruit Lily, Mariah, and Abby. And Chelsea to bring the cray cray.

I haven't watched today's show yet but I did catch that scene where Victoria agreed to give Sally 90 days to prove herself as an interim CEO. AFAIC Sally needs to tell the two trust fund twats to go take a flying leap off the Top of the Tower. Odds are at around day 89, after Sally has delivered all these amazing gains and improvements for NM, Victoria will fire her anyway. Meanwhile, watch Nick start sniffing around Sally since he'll think she's desperate for some Newman junk and if she can't get Adam's, Nick's will do. Bleh!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Olive walks into the office and immediately crosses her arms. I’ve taken a course in reading body language to be able to read people in business negotiations. It has also helped me read my subordinates and players at a poker table 😉.  Also the way you cross your arms is a tell. No hands showing, right hand showing, or left hand showing. Olive cross her arms with one hand showing which probable means that she’s about to do something that she’s not all that comfortable with but is not totally closed off to the idea. When someone has two hands not showing, they are in a defensive position closed off and preparing for a fight. But I have to admit, body language is not an exact science.  You noticed once Olive was ready to give Sally a chance, Olive dropped her arms to portray a more friendly posture. Once again Olive crossed her arms when she was laying down the “law” to Sally.  Olive also wants to keep Sally on so she could design her a new wardrobe instead of wearing her current god awful apparel. 

I’m hoping that Sally picked up on Olive’s comment that if it wasn’t for breaking up with Adam, she wouldn’t of had this opportunity.  Am I being to optimistic once again?  I don’t think so, Sally is very intuitive and by the message she left Adam, Sally did pick up on Olive’s comment. 

Why is Noah and Allie apologize to Jack. He couldn’t have seen them kissing. Apologizing just made it more awkward. 

I find it quite funny that The Grand Albatross call their rooms suites but there is only a room number on the door while the suites at the GCAC actually say suite number on the door. 

It looks like the GC apothecary was fresh out of Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog so Rodan, Nikki, and Ashley had to resort to ice tea, lemon, and strawberry to cast an evil spell.  How can Rodan be that full of 💩 and her eyes still be blue?  Light chat with Allie my ass. Why would Noah whisk Allie away if it was only going to be a light chat. You don’t need refreshments for a light chat.  Ashley is indignant about Diane using Allie as an ally but it’s ok for Ashley to use Allie as an ally.  Hypocrisy is on full display today. 

Which is worse, Rodan’s “girls” or Olive’s leg 🤢🤮

Banana Breath, why in the world would Summer, other than being Rodan’s daughter, would Summer still have a grudge against Sally. Would Summer be creative director of Marchetti or Kyle it’s CEO?  Not to mention that Marchetti is under Jabot’s preview. I think Summer owes Sally a debt of gratitude and not condemnation. 

After King King’s conversation with Adam where he tells Adam that his focus of his revenge would be on n Olive. It looked like Adam was going to warm Olive but even if he did warn her, Olive would tell Adam to mind his own business and she could handle King Kong by herself.  After all Olive is really Skeletor.  

As I said before, watching using a DVR gives me great joy. Beside FF through commercials, pausing on Rodan’s, Nikki’s, and Ashly’s facial expressions is comic gold. Rodan’s are usually pot the best but Nikki took top prize today. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Which is worse, Rodan’s “girls” or Olive’s leg 🤢🤮

I do not mean to be catty. Or a mean girl. But. I don’t think Phyllis’s girls are as surprising as her chest. There appears to be sun damage; it is more distracting than her boobs sliding around. Many of us have sun damage - worse than MS’s. We just don’t have wardrobe departments that choose clothes that would spotlight our issues. I have thought that Wardrobe hated Mariah; now I believe they hate MS even more.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

Noah told Jack he was just dropping Allie off. Yeah, off his tongue in her throat, tee hee. At least those two were in an upright position when Jack walked in. 😏

"Jettison Jenkins Foundation." Oh wow, Phyllis got jokes. 🙄 And Nikki, a dire situation is thousands of people dying from heat stroke, or swarms of sharks now viewing the east coast beaches as human smorgasbords. Diane running around town living her life and not giving a fcuk about you and her other naysayers is small potatoes, uncooked. Get over yourself.

Ashley coming in sideways on Phyllis. Whee! Jack probably shouldn't have told her what Phyllis did to him because it was almost guaranteed Ashley would get in Phyllis' face about it, all sneaky like.

Does Chloe have any bad history with the Newmans, other than Adam? Victoria and Nick didn't seem too fazed by learning she'd be Sally's new NM COO.

Diane is a predator, Nikki? Sure, and Phyllis is still a Xenomorph.

Geez, Sally has already turned a bit bitter about Adam. Or she merely gave Tweedledum and Tweedledee Newman the impression she has. Argh, I'm gnawing my fingernails over here! Hang tough, Sally!

Grandpa Jack is so sweet with Allie. And even though he said the progress of Allie's relationship with Noah is none of his business, I bet he's already started compiling a mental list of invitees to their future engagement party.

Though Ashland wasn't fooled by Adam's overtures he might have said too much by insinuating Victoria is his target, not NE. Adam has either pulled or witnessed some deadly revenge schemes so he can imagine the worst and then some. I doubt Ashland knows that.

Aw, Adam tried to do the right thing and warn Vikki about Ashland coming for her. She likely will brush Adam off though since daddy has his crackhead security team on guard. Adam will never win with the Ice Queen but it sounds like Nick might be receptive, due to Faith's replacement kidney.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/19/2022 at 11:23 AM, KLovestoShop said:

I guess the asses that be who write this schlock don't care about how bad and boring the storylines are because they just keep shoveling the same compost in our faces.  But what I find really interesting is how much their ratings have dropped in the past three weeks.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you go from a very consistent 2.4 rating to a 2.01 rating, it must send a signal to whomever that what they're doing isn't resonating with the viewers.  Every single story is boring, the characters are universally hated and they mess with things that are working or at least what the viewers like.  I'm sorry, but the Winter's story is beyond dull, and no one cares.  Nate, Devon and Co need to relocate to another planet to do their work. I despise Victoria and wish she's go away, but we all know that they rarely, if ever, kill off a legacy character. And it's time to put Victor and Nikki out to pasture and roll them out for holidays, funerals and weddings. Personally, I think this show has far too many characters and they need to dump at least 7 or 8 of them, and start writing stories that we care about

Great post! It is interesting that another soap recently has been aggressively culling their cast, and freshening it up.  Y&R has 1 year left on their contractual arrangements with CBS, I am getting the vibe the writers and production team are just giving the show palliative care until it dies. No measures in place to prolong its' life IMO. Do not resuscitate.

• Sad 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

So Phyllis, Nikki, and Ashley, each of them at the top of their respective games, think that Diane, who is universally reviled and was just given an entry level job as an act of mercy by her son, has ruined their lives.  Ok, then.  The look on Ashley's face was pretty priceless when Nick brought up the hiding of a body.  Although, I'm surprised he brought that up at all considering his own activities while wearing a Scooby-Doo style J.T. mask.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

I do not mean to be catty. Or a mean girl. But. I don’t think Phyllis’s girls are as surprising as her chest. There appears to be sun damage; it is more distracting than her boobs sliding around. Many of us have sun damage - worse than MS’s. We just don’t have wardrobe departments that choose clothes that would spotlight our issues. I have thought that Wardrobe hated Mariah; now I believe they hate MS even more.

As a redhead who burns easily, I noticed and focused on the sun damage too. She seems to have had peeling & scarring burns. We've seen the girls before ... yawn.  Victoria's cooch-adjacent slit in a long, ugly drab dress was an odd choice too.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 7
  • Love 7
(edited)

Y&R has 1 year left on their contractual arrangements with CBS, I am getting the vibe the writers and production team are just giving the show palliative care until it dies. No measures in place to prolong its' life IMO. Do not resuscitate.

What about this though:

Peter Bergman Inks Five-Year Deal To Remain On ‘The Young & The Restless’

Per the June 24, 2022 article

The Young and the Restless has only been renewed through 2024, but there’s little reason to believe it won’t last the term of Bergman’s new pact.

I don't know why they'd give him such a long contract if they're planning to end well before then. Not unless it's like car loans where the payments get smaller if you extend the number of months of payments.

ABC pulled a similar move with Susan Lucci a few months before AMC went dark but I don't think her contract was more than a year or two. Fans later suspected that TPTB wanted to keep her quiet until they pulled the plug, and it worked because she was as shocked as anyone.

If CBS knows they're going to cancel this show then this latest contract PR with PB is kind of shady IMO.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

If I could create a character I’d bring in someone to play the president of the Diane Jenkins fan club. The shrews going after her are annoying me that much. I’d also invent a character who knits shawls and have them drape one over Phyllis’s chest.

I loved the crazy look on Ashlands face at the end. Go get her! 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 6

You know how when you have a Barbie doll or a plastic baby doll and you pull out/off one of its plastic legs out of the body socket hole and then you can't get it back in so you just shove the leg through the doll's underpants leg hole and the leg is just there all wonky? Yeah, that's how mop looked in her slit dress.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

You know how when you have a Barbie doll or a plastic baby doll and you pull out/off one of its plastic legs out of the body socket hole and then you can't get it back in so you just shove the leg through the doll's underpants leg hole and the leg is just there all wonky? Yeah, that's how mop looked in her slit dress.

TIIC cut a scene showing Mop getting dressed.

Too bad.

giphy.gif

It explains so much.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

Can Nick and Victoria be any more hateful to Adam? That snotty smug look on Victoria's face and they way they mock him when he is trying to warn her about Ashland. I guess it wasn't enough that he gave Nicks daughter a kidney, he still isn't trusted. Adam really should move out of GC.

• Like 5
  • Love 15

Olive Olive Olive, Adam’s few acts of kindness out ways anyone of your acts of kindness 10 fold. Even keeping Sally one mead no act of kindness. Let’s go to the score card. Adam saves Nostrils from the penthouse fire, Adam saves Faith’s life twice within a week, Adam saves Nostrils from a collapsed farm house, Adam saves Sharon from the Ranch House fire, Adam takes a bullet for Victor.  The way I see it, Adam 6 Olive 0.  Olive go ahead worry more about Adam than King Kong. There has been a slight change in Adam and that’s mostly do to Sally but I do believe there is a lot of selflessness in Adam also. Olive your the one who’s never changed because you think you are perfect as you are. Selflessness is a word that is very foreign to you as is graciousness and altruistic.  How many times do we have to hear rants about people that you would think that they are talking about themselves. The latest is Olive ranting to Banana Breath about Adam’s intense competitive streak, his constant need for his father’s approval, and his intense resentment every time he’s shunned.  Banana Breath grow some balls and tell Olive what she was saying about Adam sounded like she was talking about herself. Now I get why Banana Breath is always playing pocket pool. He’s checking to see if his balls grew back. 

Adam does have a heart Olive. He warned you about King Kong being out for blood. When he found out what King Kong was going to do, he wanted no part of hurting his sister especially after he saw the look in King Kong’s eyes. 

Allie your degree and advance degree is in Chemical Engineering.  You may have taken a few courses in chemistry but that really doesn’t qualify you as a chemist. You are a very smart girl evident by sniffing out Ashley’s attempt to pry out information on Diane but why take a lower position as a chemist. Jack should have given Allie the ability to do what she went to school for and revamp all of Jabot’s labs. I would imagine there is more than one and maybe a few subcontractors. 

Rodan that’s how you want to win Jack back by flying into a rage every time you try to have a simple discussion. Rodan can’t have a simple quiet conversation because Rodan just has to get loud and animated. 

Adam got all the things right that was done to negatively effect him but if it was me, I would have started off by saying Dad, I love you, but I hate how you treated me. Deep down inside I’m quite sure he still loves his father.  

Sharon has Noah down pat with his relationship with woman.  He wants the bad girl because he knows the relationship wouldn’t last. Noah is actually afraid to be in a long lasting committed relationship. He also afraid to commit to what he wants to do.  The bottom line is that Noah is afraid of commitment 😵💫

Ashley ignores the fact that Rodan is the master of manipulation and Diane, who is also a manipulator, is in the minor league in comparison to Rodan.  

Lily and Rodan instead of spy vs spy we get leg vs leg. Lily wants to buy The Grand Albatross and instead of just saying simply no, Rodan flies into a diatribe of indignant retort of being the Phoenix rising from the ashes (Caw Caw). 

As I thought, Olive seemed to take Adam’s warning to heart but her ego is still ruling her head and in a way brushed it off by saying King Kong wouldn’t harm her. So Olive decides to take a walk knowing that Victor has security following her. Famous last lines you usually hear in horror movies, “I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me”. Olive, don’t you think that King Kong knows about your security guards?  Would you put it past King Kong to put your security guards out of commission?  

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I really think it would be so much more interesting if Vicboria started to thaw towards Adam and the three siblings (Abby who?) would team up against Ashland or even just work together as a trio and I would find that more interesting than this constant sniping and distrust

After Adam gave Vic his warning, she turned to him with an almost come hither smile rather than being rattled...it was frightening to see

And also how stupid is she to be gallivanting through the park all alone.... I don’t believe for one second her security detail is close by

• Like 5
  • Love 7
(edited)

Victoria, if Adam is the dark cloud hanging over Newman, you and Nick and are NE's groundwater contamination. Shut up. 🤮

Ashley said it was cool how she and Allie were both so comfortable in the Jabot lab, and Allie remarked that it must be in the genes. The only genes Allie shares with Ashley are Dina's, and Dina wasn't a chemist. Soooo, does Allie not know Aunt Ashley isn't a biological Abbott?

Jack Abbott: my sister has always had a distinctly unique perspective on things.
Anyone Else: Ashley is completely full of shite.

OMG, Phyllis. When you find yourself in a hole you can't climb out of, stop digging. You did what you did and you meant to do it. Own your ish and get on with your life. And let Jack get on with his. 🤨

Powerful scene between Adam and Victor, especially since IMO MG was carrying most of the weight. I couldn't figure out if EB was being generous or lazy.

Meh, I think Noah's too old for Sharon still to be teaching him how to be in a good relationship. If he hasn't figured it out by now, the problem is probably beyond her skill set.

Yikes, Ashley was being kind of condescending toward Allie. "You sweet innocent child. You may be book smart but you've already proven you're no match for evil Diane." 🙄

AFAIC Adam is 100% right. The Newmans tend to think revenge only goes one way and they are untouchable. He can't save them.

Lol, Lily looking at Phyllis like "Bish plz. Take this pile of money and go find some new ashes to rise from." I hope the first thing Lily does is change the hotel's ridiculous name. And let the staff choose new uniforms.

Whoa, Miss Allie went all, "You must not know 'bout me. I am nobody's fool. You and those other two manipulative heifers better ask somebody." Take that, Auntie Ash.

Ruh roh. Jack admitting to Phyllis he still loves her gave her some hope. She'll have him roped and tied toot sweet 😒

I sure hope Ashland isn't mad dumb enough to be trying to snatch Victoria himself, in broad daylight. Surely he knows Victor has guards on her.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

I'd love to see Adam and Asshat take Grampire down. But I'd love it even more if Jack accidentally walks into the plot at the crucial moment and puts the final nail in Grampire's coffin, so to speak. Dream on, SweePea59, dream on .

• Applause 6
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

Did Phyllis actually come up with name of the hotel?  I thought that there was already a property named The Grand Phoenix that Phyllis siphoned off from the Dark Horse portfolio (Adam had taken over Dark Horse from Nick at the time, and keep in mind that all of the Dark Horse properties were stolen from NE by Nick).  But there were two Grand Phoenixeses, and the GP that Phyllis had taken was some dilapidated dump in a different city.  Adam threw her a bone and gave her the GP in Genital City.    So basically, Phyllis is full of crap.  On top of that, does she have any financial stake in the hotel?  She needed Abby and Chelsea to invest in the beginning, Victoria bought up their interests when they bailed, and Nick bought Victoria's share when she wanted to sell the whole thing.  Did Phyllis ever pay him back?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

Is Lily wanting to buy the Gaseous Proboscis her version of ButtBiscuit's Jaboat?  Is she spending money now just to spend it?

I haven't heard of any corporations having their own hotels for employees and partners?  Have I missed something?  Or is Lily a visionary in her field by trying to force Chancellor/Winters folks and associated hangers-on to all congregate in one place that has restricted access?  Is she trying some sort of business breeding experiment?

Wouldn't it just be simpler to have a big bonfire of money and invite Jill so she can see how her oh-so-excellent CEO is running through cash like ButtBiscuit runs through nasal hair trimmers?

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6

I haven’t been able to watch that much this week; so I have no idea. But. Is Lily trying to build a hotel or buy one? Her ego knows no bounds. 

Jack told Phyllis that he still loves her? The emasculating of Jack continues; when you think it could not get worse. Like MS’s acting choices. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is Lily trying to build a hotel or buy one? Her ego knows no bounds. 

She’s happy to just buy the GP but if that doesn’t work, she’s just as eager to take on Syphyllis and build a new one. Maybe even more eager to build one. No idea what Syph did to her that she’s got a gleam in her eye at the notion of destroying Syph, but there you have it. I also wondered if Jill has any idea about Lily’s new plan?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11