Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

An MP3 player?  Noah you cheap SOB.

But then we couldn't listen to their inane conversation. I think this one did it, you think that one did it, what a surprise, a different one did it. Ay-yi-yi. I am really starting to hate them as a couple. And Noah is still emitting a creepy creep vibe. BTW, now that Apple discontinued the ipod all the cool kids are into them, and any MP3 player. They are trending.

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say Diane is easily bating Phyllis but Phyllis is falling for it & looks like a psycho in the process. I’m not sure where Phyllis goes from here. She’s gonna be (more) on the outside looking in.

See, I think that ultimately SyPhyllis will be proved right about Diane Jenkins. Syph will prevail. This stuff now is bullcrap story for Syph. It's like, oh boo-hoo-hoo, nobody believes her, woe is Syph. But just wait, it's coming. Syph was right all along and everyone else was fooled. Syph is the smartest and bestest and sexayist. She'll be flapping her arms and screeching, "told ya so!" But not before we are "treated" to some sort of food fight or mud wrestling between the two.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re the previews: sigh, there's kidnapping coming in Victoria's near future. Guess Ashland is going full-on gangster. Meh.

Too little too late. Just rip the bandaid off and get it over with.

I remember when the 4th was always celebrated at Gina's. Every year they'd pull out the same red, white and blue decorations, plates, napkins, etc. After a few years it turned into a Newman pool party, with Gina's decorations!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

What an immature self pitying little shit Phyllis is.  Holy crap.  

I'm sure they'll have her kidnapping or committing genocide soon enough to drive the point home, but if the worst that "evil" Diane is going to do is successfully outwit people into embarrassing themselves...they deserve what they get.  

Can't pinpoint when it happened, because IIR she was really shady there for a while, but I like Elena now! A lot.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I how much shorter this show would be if Phyllis didn’t repeat everything she said twice or thrice? Geez, please dump this woman.

I meant to write “I wonder how much”. I need to proofread!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am sure Victor with all the expert advisors in his wheelhouse is aware that there is no one more dangerous than a narcissistic psychopath once exposed? And he is aware that the highest risk for spouse or significant other murder occurs when the emotionally/physically abused person LEAVES? I didn't see the Doughboy showing any signs of being "heartbroken." He looked to me like a great white shark circling while getting prepared to come in for the kill. ETA: or in this case, a killer whale. LOL!

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 8
51 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I am sure Victor with all the expert advisors in his wheelhouse is aware that there is no one more dangerous than a narcissistic psychopath once exposed?

You'd think, right?

All Victor has to do is look in the mirror and ask, "What would I do" and he'd know exactly what Ashland was up to next.

Except for the snacks.  Victor, I think, goes for salty, Ashland goes free range.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

I love how Adam is the only one asking ‘what did you do?’ With an understanding that Victoria just unleashed Ashland’s full wrath on the family.  Everyone else is fawning over her and congratulating her on her ‘brilliant’ move to get rid of Him. And they’ll all dismiss Adam’s concerns as jealousy until he’s proven right and has to save the family and the company. Sadly even that won’t be enough to get him into their good graces

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 13

I skipped yesterdays episode when I read here that Phyllis was on. Thanks to all of you that give a heads up!

I’m watching today because of my love for Adam. I just want him to succeed and not be treated like dirt by the first family of Mustache.

Victoria and Nick are borderline creepy. 

Wow, for a second it looked like Devon was chasing Chance horror movie style. Or maybe racing for Dominic. New Chance is handsome, why don’t I like him more?

Yes Lily build a new hotel. She could call it the House of Winter or the De Von.

Ok, I like RN but not so much his version of Ashland Locke. I need them to pair him with someone more feisty than daddy’s little mop.

Oh Nikki of the nasal sounding disdain. Leave Adam alone! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Cleavage and Leg should replace the Young and The Restless.  Lily’s dress is split up to her waist and now even Imani is exposing her “girls”. 

Elena has time for an afternoon delight before catching her flight but does she have time to shower?  After all she will be sitting next to someone for about a 7hr flight. 

Only in GC, men don’t sweat when they are jogging on a warm summer day. 

Abby capitulating to Rodan in not building the hotel is stupid. Abby has the funds to build the hotel despite dinosaur bones and any other obstacle Rodan throws her way. Now Lily wants to build a mega million hotel and venue for Chancellor/Winters.  Lily once again is having delusions of grandeur but I’m sure the monkeys with a keyboard will make sure it will be very successful.  When did Devon sell the GCAC?  That’s news to me. 

Are the monkeys with a keyboard incapable of writing with any appearance of logic?  It’s Victor’s jet so why wouldn’t his pilot inform him that the jet was arriving early?  Even Adam was able to contact the pilot for various flight information.  Why would Olive need Banana Breath to gather the “troops”?  Is her phone broken?  Where, if Poppin Fresh’s empire has been taken away by Olive, does he have the funds to charter a jet to Chicago?  Did he skim funds to an offshore account from his businesses the same way Tara supposedly did?    

It didn’t take all that long for Bowie to be reduced to the status of afterthought.  Bowie is just a video waving at his mom but why couldn’t he go with Chance and Abby on the picnic?  They just could have faked him being there in the carriage.  Even Devon seems to being less prone to have visits will Bowie. Yes, I know children are only props in a soap opera but still so they have to be basically totally ignored. Rey even gets more mentions than all the kids, of GC, combined. 

Will wonders never cease?  There is actually a bathroom at the Grand Albatross. Olive looking at her reflection in the mirror and thinking, Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the grandest of them all. The mirror answers, it’s Victor you egotistical vapid selfish bitch. 

Since when does Sally have an assistant?  Of course, Imani is lying, and Sally wasn’t even contacted. Why is Imani even needed?  Can’t Natey Nate Nate as Sally to let Elena out of her contract with NM?  It’s not like Sally and Natey Nate Nate are strangers. 

Olive just has to dress in Victor’s favorite color, black, to deliver the news about her and Poppin Fresh.  I agree that Olive opened box and the Newman’s are going to feel the full effect of Poppin Fresh’s wrath.  In the next few days, I might have to change Poppin Fresh’s name to King King but beauty won’t be able to kill the beast.  

Pet peeve:  Actors who can’t produces single tear when the are pretending to cry. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Yes. AH has always seemed to be coming on to JM. And believe it or not, she's currently not as blatant as she used to be.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

Yes. AH has always seemed to be coming on to JM. And believe it or not, she's currently not as blatant as she used to be.

I wish there was an "ick" emoji.  Victoria on her own is a bit creepy - all bones, eyes and teeth; I get a Mrs. Danvers vibe from her.  Aging myself?

Edited by Kemper
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Adam's been in the CEO chair what, less than a week in GC time? And big sis is probably about to return triumphantly to the job? I still don't get how NE isn't the laughing stock of the business world. No serious company operates with a different CEO from week to week.

Nick, Victoria is in a hotel because the show you work for is too cheap to use the set for her house. Maybe you could lend them some of your New Hope cash. 😐

I thought the flower Nate gave Elena looked fake AF. Surely he's getting paid enough by C-W to afford an actual rose. Elena was working those white jeans though.

C-W opening a hotel in GC. Huh? And when did Devon sell the GCAC?

Stop the presses! Nate and Elena have a bedroom! With a bed! Which they're having secksay times in versus on the living room couch! What is happening???!!!???!!!🤯🤯🤯

Abby's long white lacy dress was interesting. Are she and Chance going to have a vow renewal ceremony or something?

Nikki getting confrontational with Adam about Victoria seemed pointless to me unless she was deliberately trying to rile him up. IMO Adam should not engage with her about Victoria since it's a guaranteed volatile topic for him.

Nah, not buying that Ashland was caught off guard by Vikki's Upper Midwest version of a pigeon drop scam. He was blinded by his twu luv? Right. "<sniff> Mr. Bank Man, can you give me my $250M back? I'm sorry, I'll pay better attention next time. I promise!" 🙄🙄🙄

Phyllis and Lily going at it over competing hotels. Hmmm, I don't hate it. Lily is one who could meet Phyllis' HBIC energy, stiletto pump to stiletto pump. Dru would certainly be proud.

Oh boy, Victoria summoning the Newmans to yet another of her lay-down-the-law meetings. You'd think they'd be beyond tired of her melodramatics by now.

Imani is so transparent. She is going to put Nate in a bind over this podcast nonsense and he is utterly clueless. I wouldn't be surprised if she arranged for Elena to get invited to the medical conference.

New Chance is handsome, why don’t I like him more?

Well, I know I'm mystified by his lack of a butt. Usually runners have a little something more noticeable going on in the gluteus maximus area. 😏

Except for the snacks.  Victor, I think, goes for salty, Ashland goes free range.

What would be a snack for Ashland? Biting the head off a free-range chicken? 🤠

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

There was a special report for the first 20 minutes so I may have missed something.Can someone answer my questions?
1. Why were Nick and Victoria having a conversation in a GP room? Did they rent it at the hourly rate to have a private discussion?
2. Does anyone else think the writers are trying to rehabilitate Define reputation after realizing that many people hated on him for the Dom fiasco. He and Chance were talking and Devon mentioned how well Chance is doing and he semi apologized for how he had approached the situation. They seem to have really cooled it on that stiryline.
3. Why in the world would Lily want to open a hotel now? They are all over the place.
4. When Elena smelled the fake rose do you think it had a fragrence?
5. Why was Abby wearing a hippies era wedding dress? It was more of a 70s wedding dress than what Tessa and Mariah wore.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

1. Why were Nick and Victoria having a conversation in a GP room? Did they rent it at the hourly rate to have a private discussion?

Vicky said she was having her house fumigated cleaned before moving back in.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re the previews: sigh, there's kidnapping coming in Victoria's near future. Guess Ashland is going full-on gangster. Meh.

Perhaps he could hire Gary Dawson (Ricky Paull Goldin) for a kidnapping sequel.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

3 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Shortly after that initial scene with Victoria and Nick, Show switched to the one with Elena and Nate Natey Nate Nate NATE getting all sexay, but the scene started low and moved up their bodies, and for a split second I thought "What on EARTH are Victoria and Nick DOING??"

That's one sign of Newman family solidarity we do NOT need.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What would be a snack for Ashland? Biting the head off a free-range chicken? 🤠

The second I read that, Joimiaroxeu, I immediately flashed to Ashland leaning over to Billy and ....... (flash to frying chicken sequence.)

giphy.gif

ButtBiscuit never looked so good!

Imani isn't the sharpest nail in the toolbox, is she?  Does she think Nate and Sally will never cross paths and find out there never was a dinner planned?

39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Doesn't Devon own the GCAC? Why does the family business need to build a hotel?

Lily said early on in that conversation that Devon had sold the GCAC.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

Total speculation, NOT, I repeat, NOT a spoiler of anything other than me not having enough to do.

So Ashland is chartering a plane back to Genoa City, ostensibly to take revenge and/or kidnap Victoria but what if he plans to scoop up his sorta/son Harrison as well?  I think he's attached enough to the child to do that.

This sets up Diane - with whom he has a nodding relationship, to try to enlist her in helping to steal Harrison, to either - 

Be the hero, save Harrison and inform Kyle/Summer/Jack of Ashland's intentions while helping Victoria and redeeming herself with the Newmans by intervening more directly, or....

Be the villain, by helping Ashland steal the kid and kidnap Victoria, so she can get a "re-do" as Mommy and kick the Newmans in the teeth.

That would go along with Show's usual path of making the shrieking harpy Phyllis, right in her assumption that Diane is the worst person to ever cross her path, or it could show up Phyllis as the unredeemed self-centered psychopath she really is.

Guess which way I think Show would jump if this scenario plays out.

May Christine be out, driving erratically, no matter which way this goes.  At least, Show, AT LEAST, give us a Rex Ruggs Re-do.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, boes said:

Be the hero, save Harrison and inform Kyle/Summer/Jack of Ashland's intentions while helping Victoria and redeeming herself with the Newmans by intervening more directly, or....

Be the villain, by helping Ashland steal the kid and kidnap Victoria, so she can get a "re-do" as Mommy and kick the Newmans in the teeth.

That would go along with Show's usual path of making the shrieking harpy Phyllis, right in her assumption that Diane is the worst person to ever cross her path, or it could show up Phyllis as the unredeemed self-centered psychopath she really is.

Guess which way I think Show would jump if this scenario plays out.

And consider Ashland has zero chance of being allowed to succeed against the Newmans.  So the story's going to unfold with either Victor playing out one his boxing fantasies, or brave fierce woman Victoria outwitting him.   Followed by Phyllis flapping her wings at all the "haters" and showing Jack what a loser he is.

Thanks Boes- I hate it!

Edited by JNavarro
  • LOL 14
16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Devon & his tattoos are a turnoff. I don’t or care for Devon at all. Although, I did like him during his Dru & Neil years.

It's interesting that, as far as I know, all his present tattoos are visible. I believe Britni (Elena) has a large one on her neck which is covered--  tho on Tuesday's episode, the tattoo makeup wasn't the right shade or was hastily applied, because it looked like a discolored splotch on her neck in the close up scenes. Christel (Lily) has many on her back which are usually covered, though some could be seen when the edge of her dress would move during an episode a couple weeks ago...

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Perhaps he could hire Gary Dawson (Ricky Paull Goldin) for a kidnapping sequel.

Had to look that one up because I missed a lot of the Heather Tom years. Okay, a kidnapping sequel could work, and per his IMDb page RPG isn't busy right now in terms of acting jobs. But there's a risk Gary Dawson would want to get violent with Victoria again and I'm not really wishing that on her.

Count me as one who isn't a fan of Devon's tattoos. I don't think they fit with his character at all and consider them an unnecessary distraction. It must be getting problematic for the show to have to deal with actors' tattoos since they've become much more prevalent. And didn't/doesn't someone have a small nose piercing? Lily or Tessa? Ehhh.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Usually I scream and turn the tv off when I accidentally tune in to Phyllis however I love ❤️ LOVE seeing Diane rile her up. It helped that Diane looked so elegant while Phyllis looked like she was cutting thru the park doing the walk of shame after leaving the home of an Aerosmith tribute band member.

Poor poor us having to sit through these Newman family meetings. Especially ones that Victoria is leading. Adam, don’t worry about your job. We need to celebrate Olive Oyl having a brain! Not only does she have a brain she thinks Victor should be her consigliere! She’s the Tony Soprano of GC in her head. I hate how they ignore and treat Adam. 

Is the Allie and Noah relationship going to happen off screen? I don’t hate it!

I might be able to like Chloe again if she joins Sally. 

Now the not so smilin Jack is roaming the park mid day in a business suit.  Jack, you know Phyllis is a lunatic, you know Diane is also on the wrong side of sanity -what do you expect? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

Chatty Cake - your description of Phyllis gave me the best belly laugh! Her doing the “walk of shame after leaving the home of an Aerosmith tribute band member” was the perfect perfect (doing the Phyllis repeating thing) description. And. She just had to bend over during her rant so her boobs would give the impression of sliding out of her dress. They are not quite capable of popping out.

3 hours ago, AManfred said:

Christel (Lily) has many on her back which are usually covered, though some could be seen when the edge of her dress would move during an episode a couple weeks ago...

Better the edge of the dress on her back moves than the edge of her hem. With the wee length of her dress and a slit - nothing can be left to chance.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 14
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Chatty Cake - your description of Phyllis gave me the best belly laugh! Her doing the “walk of shame after leaving the home of an Aerosmith tribute band member” was the perfect perfect (doing the Phyllis repeating thing) description. And. She just had to bend over during her rant so her boobs would give the impression of sliding out of her dress. They are not quite capable of popping out.

Better the edge of the dress on her back moves than the edge of her hem. With the wee length of her dress and a slit - nothing can be left to chance.

You're bringing the belly laughs, too, Kemper!

Even Phyllis's body parts need some distance from her.

Nothing says "CEO" like Lily trying out her Sharon Stone impression on one and all.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

I know that I’ve complained about this before but who decided that women looked good with hanks of hair hanging down in their faces so they have to keep slinging them back? Victoria and Sally nearly made me nuts the past few days!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

Allie has a house sitting empty back in LA. You'd think she or Grandpa Jack would be concerned about squatters while she's having an open-ended stay in GC.

And here comes the exposition dump, with Victoria explaining the storyline to the viewers instead of letting characters' actions speak for themselves. Plus the writers are straining to make Victoria look like an indefatigable heroine while also propping the Newmans. Nevermind how all the first- and second-generation Newmans are varying degrees of despicable.

Wow, Diane couldn't have caused a bigger reaction from Phyllis if she'd lit a firecracker and shoved in Red's gaping maw. At this point I'm starting to wonder if Diane's trying to get Phyllis to go completely bonkers and have to be committed, or merely drive her blood pressure so high that she strokes out. Six = half-dozen.

Love how the irony of the situation just zoomed right over Victor's head. All along he'd been crowing about his being the master chess player and how he working things to take Ashland Locke down and save poor victimized Victoria. But it turned out Victoria handled the problem herself, with Victor and Nick only playing their predictable roles while she kept them in dark. IMO Victor's lost whatever omnipotence he thought he had and he has no idea.

Chloe got an invitation to join the COO club! Guess she doesn't know the COO job title is easier to get in GC than a pack of gum.

Meh, Diane, you might want to think twice about gloating in Phyllis' face. You weren't afraid to come back from the dead but Phyllis is likely not afraid to kill you for keeps this time, especially if you keep provoking her.

Okay, I gotta give MS props. When Phyllis went all "AYFKMWTS?" on Jack I was grinning like a fool. She absolutely nailed it. I felt the heat coming out of my TV, lol.

Nick bringing the real talk on how Ashland may not be over and done with just because Victoria says he is. <golf claps>

Sally speaking so confidently and positively to Chloe was nice to see, I thought. Two formerly troubled women looking ahead with such faith and mutual support is a rarity on this show.

Ugh, Victoria's smirk when Adam left her "Celebration of ME!" meeting was nine kinds of juvenile. I hope Ashland does kidnap her smug and ungrateful self.

Phyllis is working Allie. Hmm.

Isn't Diane supposed to be an entry-level worker bee in the PR department? Why are Kyle and Summer treating her like she's in charge? That could create chain-of-command problems with whoever is her immediate boss.

What do you call it when an icicle encapsulates a pile of sh!t? Clue: it rhymes with "Dictoria Spewman." Note that there was no place for Adam in the Ice Queen's new-yet-old vision for NE as she retakes the reins. This time she's lining up daddy, mommy, and baby bro to serve as gatekeepers. Nah, bish. Go get 'em, Adam. 🤨

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11

Summer, when was the last time Rodan actually stopped to think?  If Rodan really cares about Jack, she has a funny way of showing it. I believe that Rodan is incapable of caring for anyone when she’s not put first.  Even Sumner gets caught up in Rodan first and foremost attitude when her hate for Diana overshadowed Kyle reconnecting with his mother and wanting Summer to intervene. Summer, dose Rodan deserve another chance when she has used up all her chances. 

I’m wondering if Olive will give Adam the courtesy of wiping the blood off the knife after she stuck it into Poppin Fresh’s back before she sticks it into Adam’s back.  

Wow!!! Unbelievable!!  Banana Breath is the voice of reason.  King Kong aka Poppin Fresh is coming to GC and like King Kong when Ann Darrow was taken away from him he went on a rampage because he had nothing to loose.  Olive, in her egotistical way, thought that exposing King Kong lies and deception would be enough to cause his down fall. I would tell Olive to think again.  We know that Victor doesn’t loose so it will be him to fight King Kong but if you remember King Kong caused a lot of damage before he was finally defeated. 

Once again I have to say that the monkeys with a keyboard don’t even remember what they wrote for Jack a few moments ago. Jack says to Allie, after she’s going to focus on work, he hopes not but to have fun and enjoy the sun and not be locked away in a lab.  Than as he’s leaving for a meeting, he says to Allie, remember you have to work tomorrow your a working woman now so enjoy the night.  Basically Jack is telling Allie to enjoy the night but not so much that you can’t go to work tomorrow.  

Hey Rodan, another unhinged rant to Jack, makes Jack want you even more. It just confirmed why he can’t give you another chance.  

TIIC do not do Rodan any favors by having her seen in daylight.  She looks completely washed out mainly because of her hair color. Rodan has a tendency to face talk and at one point, I thought that Rodan was going to take a bite out of Diane’s neck.  Even when Rodan tries to be sincere in talking to Allie, it seemed to be more of an interrogation than a chit chat. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Allie has a house sitting empty back in LA. You think she or Grandpa Jack would be concerned about squatters why she's having an open-ended stay in GC.

It’s Diane’s house. Allie sold it to Diane. 

• Love 11

I laughed when the camera caught Phyllis from the side and she kept sucking in her stomach and then letting it go again. She couldn’t keep it in while she was yelling at Diane. Those skin tight dresses do MS no favors. I do wish the show would put Diane in some light colored clothing. It’s not winter time in GC!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

MS probably has no control over the Wardrobe Dept; obviously none of the actresses do. But she must have some say on cutting her hair. Those long beachy waves don’t even look good on the Hallmark actresses. Or Olivia Benson. But the stringy hair along with the long face make MS look haggard and older than her age. She is uncomfortable to look at right now.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, Kemper said:

MS probably has no control over the Wardrobe Dept; obviously none of the actresses do. But she must have some say on cutting her hair. Those long beachy waves don’t even look good on the Hallmark actresses. Or Olivia Benson. But the stringy hair along with the long face make MS look haggard and older than her age. She is uncomfortable to look at right now.

I’ve seen other actresses refuse to wear uncomfortable shoes and clothing before on videos. MS has a mirror in her dressing room.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I was thinking she needs a good cut. Diane’s hair isn’t short but the cut is much more flattering.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve seen other actresses refuse to wear uncomfortable shoes and clothing before on videos. MS has a mirror in her dressing room.

I think MS has a good figure but the dresses aren’t doing her any favors. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Poor poor us having to sit through these Newman family meetings. Especially ones that Victoria is leading. Adam, don’t worry about your job. We need to celebrate Olive Oyl having a brain! Not only does she have a brain she thinks Victor should be her consigliere! She’s the Tony Soprano of GC in her head. I hate how they ignore and treat Adam. 

Right! Vicboria was talking like the Newmans are the Corleones. Um, sure.

Victor = The old Don needs to go tend his garden and ride off into the sunset.

Nikki = Clemenza, family enforcer.

Vic = Sonny. She should remember what happened to him on the causeway.

Nic = Fredo. 'Nuff said.

Adam = Michael. I want him to win!

I'm sick of all the Newmans except the current version of Adam.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 8

Adam really should have told Sally to slow her roll when it comes to offering Chloe the COO job. He knew Victoria was coming home and planned to retake the company, which means he would be back to Newman Media. Which means Sally goes back to COO. 

MSt may not have any say over wardrobe, but she sure as hell controls when she gets her hair colored. And letting the 2” gray roots show is NOT a good look. Red is a difficult color and requires care and attention to not get too faded. Camryn Grimes has the same problem, without the gray. 

If I had a penny for every time Jack grimaces, I’d be rich. At least he smiled with Allie. 

• Love 8
(edited)

So, Adam apparently still expects the Newmans to act like a halfway decent, normal family? Where family loyalty and support means you value...the actual members as human beings?

Yeah, guy needs to internalize that all "Newman loyalty" equals is Victor.  Kiss his ass and let him run your life and by all means, you're as lauded as having any sort of real success of your own.  Take a look at their in-house Butthead,  Nick, contributing to the conversation with surfer bro hand signals.

My problem- lol, like it's only one- with the Abbott storyline is that we're supposed to believe Phyllis is in fact legitimately sorry?  Because method actor MS is playing this like she doesn't care for Jack at ALL and that's she not in fact sorry, she's literally angry and wants revenge for not being lusted after. 

Uh, what? Sorry, that's the villain.  Which I'm fine with and would LOVE to be wrong if it plays out that way, but not a chance in hell that's what the intent here is.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 5:43 PM, Waldo13 said:

Cleavage and Leg should replace the Young and The Restless.  Lily’s dress is split up to her waist and now even Imani is exposing her “girls”. 

HAHA, Yes that's  perfect !sexy perfect loops GIF

Edited by xls
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Kemper said:

Chatty Cake - your description of Phyllis gave me the best belly laugh! Her doing the “walk of shame after leaving the home of an Aerosmith tribute band member” was the perfect perfect (doing the Phyllis repeating thing) description.

Of course, Phyllis first started the show as crazed groupie that drugged Danny and faked a paternity of him being the father. She probably recycling her groupie-wear from the 90s.

• LOL 10

So, Adam apparently still expects the Newmans to act like a halfway decent, normal family? Where family loyalty and support means you value...the actual members as human beings?

Heh, this is what Victor thinks the Newman inner circle looks like:

eosCerl.jpg

This is what they actually are;

Pr22M4Q.jpg

The office gossip at NE must be insane. From one day to the next the staff has no idea who's in charge. They might be better off Ashland did manage to execute a hostile takeover. Of course he'd also have to pack the entire Newman family in a rocket and blast it right into the sun.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16

When Nick and Nikki were talking at Crimson Lights, was that ice cream truck music playing in the background?

So will Nick become a COO, too? Or a co-COO? Or if he and mop and Adam are all sitting in the same room, a co-co-COO?

I loved Grampire's lines about ButtBiscuit. "What the hell is that idiot doing here?" and "his sad podcast."

Hey Chloe and Gaspy, since when are brown and rust summer colors?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

"The office gossip at NE must be insane. From one day to the next the staff has no idea who's in charge.:" Admitedly, Y&R is a work of fiction, but who could imagine an actualy international corporation functioning this way - and the nepotism is beyond hilarious.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Adam should rally the non-Newman Board members and some key stakeholders to object to rerere...installation of the Art Major Mop as CEO for the 59th time. Where is the media coverage of this pathetic excuse for an international company?

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/5/2022 at 4:23 PM, Sake614 said:

I love how Adam is the only one asking ‘what did you do?’ With an understanding that Victoria just unleashed Ashland’s full wrath on the family.  Everyone else is fawning over her and congratulating her on her ‘brilliant’ move to get rid of Him. And they’ll all dismiss Adam’s concerns as jealousy until he’s proven right and has to save the family and the company. Sadly even that won’t be enough to get him into their good graces

On 7/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I’m watching today because of my love for Adam. I just want him to succeed and not be treated like dirt by the first family of Mustache.

Oh Nikki of the nasal sounding disdain. Leave Adam alone! 

Watching Adam get the football yanked away AGAIN is not fun. Why do they keep doing this to him? Why does he keep putting up with it?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, MsMalin said:

Watching them listen to a podcast with earphones was almost as much fun as watching someone  watch a silent movie.

I think this is the vibe Show is going for:

valentine's day GIF by Disney

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Loved the look on Billy's face when Adam warned that when his back is against the wall is when he's the most dangerous. That shut his dumb self up right quick.

You can't poke the bear and then be shocked and feel justified when he rips your face off.

I don't think Adam is gonna go full dark; he'll appear to go dark and 'align' with Ashland to get to the bottom of what Ashland is up to and neutralize him; not because he's trying to one up Victoria or specifically due to family loyalty but because it's the right thing to do and he's preserving Newman for future generations - namely his son(s). I think Adam is realizing that he can't do 'good things' for the family to get in with them and that redeems him; to be the better person he's striving to be he needs to be doing good things in SPITE of their treatment.

Speaking of Ashland, my, my, my when the goatee is shaved off, the claws come OUT. Rock on with your bad self RN. I really do want to see this Ashland go to town on the Newmans. The one twist I'd appreciate they keep with him is that he's truthful/respects Sharon and Diane and continues to care about Harrison since he did insult Sharon with his cancer scam and was involved in Rey's accident and Diane so far has been a truthful sympathetic ear.  Like Phyllis had Michael to soundboard with, Ashland needs a confidant and I could see Diane complying up to anything to do with hurting her son or the Abbotts. She'd happily watch from the sidelines as the Newmans go down in flames.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Right! Vicboria was talking like the Newmans are the Corleones. Um, sure.

Victor = The old Don needs to go tend his garden and ride off into the sunset.

Nikki = Clemenza, family enforcer.

Vic = Sonny. She should remember what happened to him on the causeway.

Nic = Fredo. 'Nuff said.

Adam = Michael. I want him to win!

I'm sick of all the Newmans except the current version of Adam.

Agree x1000. Except for Adam, I find all the Newmans revolting. Nikki with her nose up in that air anytime she sees, hears, or thinks about her stepson or Diane is a terrible, juvenile, vindictive look on an aging former stripper. They let Victoria marry the Doughboy, well aware that both he and his ex-wife were pieces of crap, because she LOVED that? Now she comes sashaying back into town because she "took him down,"  and is lauded for a strategy that never would have had to be in play, had she not married a psycho in the first place. Nick just looks like the neighbor's Bassett hound circling a picnic table for scraps. And Victor thinks they're all just great, except for the only one who won't roll over: Adam.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 4

Hiding in plain sight at the GCAC. Okay. But does Ashland know Diane lives there too? Whatever, odd how he's still calling Victoria his wife while she just told Billy she's single.

How long is this day? Seems like Nikki's been wearing that red suit for a week now.

"Victoria has never let sentiment get in the way she runs the company." Have you met your daughter, Nikki? There's definitely some kind of deep emotion at play with the way she treats Adam.

Won't Michael Baldwin recognize this Stannis guy from their misadventures in Peru? I don't see why Ashland would be relying on someone who already failed at their job.

Watching Billy give Victoria a tongue bath was not on my agenda for today. Bleh. But I was loving Nick crapping on the way Victor treats his kids. Unfortunately he's still getting sucked back into the NE corporate maelstrom. 😒

Did Nikki get her mood stabilizer Rx refilled? She seemed almost loopy to me when she was talking with Nick at the coffeehouse. Or maybe she had a flask of vodka in her purse, ha ha.

Meh, I wish Victor would get a new shtick. The BillyBoyAbbott thing is so worn out it's on life support.

Wait, is Chelsea actually dropping her deals with Fenmores and Marchetti or was she shining Chloe on? Hope she hasn't signed any contracts. Heh, I can't wait to see Summer's face when she hears the news.

Poor Chloe. The amazing job offer she got from Sally went poof! in less than 24 hours, and she just got fired by her bestie. It's a double whammy day. 😕

• Like 1
  • Love 9