Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

CBS really won't give Victoria Rowell the time of day EVER, it seems.  

Not as far as Y&R is concerned but they're okay otherwise it seems. From SON:

Victoria Rowell Returns to CBS After 15-Year Absence, Books a Recurring Role on Drama ‘Good Sam’

From the article:

According to Deadline, Rowell is set to play Tina Kingsley, a high-powered, sophisticated, chairwoman of the hospital board with the kind of power that does not assert itself. Alienated from her son Malcolm (Edwin Hodge), Tina possesses a strong will to take what’s in her sights, even when it means navigating complicated relationships from her past. Her son also happens to be romantically involved with Sam which, with the presence of Tina, can only cause more drama in all of their lives.

The backstage scuttlebutt is that a couple of the Y&R vets have threatened to quit if VR is ever brought back. That seems to include making any references to Dru at all, in dialogue or in mere photos.

(In fairness though, whenever Dru has been mentioned in the past, VR has gone on social media claiming it means Dru is returning. Then she'd threaten to sue when she wasn't. Maybe TPTB don't want to get on that merry-go-round again.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3

That ButtBiscuit monologue must have been soooo embarrassing for Jason Thompson to do.  I would have broken down laughing if I had to mouth those lines!  Give the boy an Emmy!  And give the rest of us a barf bag.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jfc that's how Y&R decide to end February/Sweeps? To make matters worse, they had Nostrils & Devon make the most sense(I say that loosely). But Billy, don't think calling yourself a dumbass will stop me from calling you a dumbass. Dumbass. Fuck you and your Flopcast. 

Lily needs to take it down 1000 notches. Is she trying to rally of Genoa City at CI in order to go after the Newmans someday? TIIC have this nasty habit with having more respected characters and/or characters that know better(in this case Jill) cosign stupid things. Jill never thought to merge CI with HW because it's stupid. And that's exactly what she would've told Lily if the writers didn't suck. 

Also, Amanda is pushing him yet again.  First, with encouraging him to get closer to Dom when he was totally unsure and now with this business decision.  What’s up with her?

The writers are making her dumb over dull dick. That's the root problem with Amanda (and Lily) right there lol. Plus, after all the whining he's done about family all this time, why wouldn't she think it's alright to "push" him on family matters? Imani is the only one to have some sense and I have a bad feeling she'll be punished for it down the line.

Luan, and Keemo were before my time as a viewer but I read up on their history on the show, and it even makes me sad/angry Keemo is being done so dirty. Thinking of all the storylines TIIC wasted time on throughout the years when they had a big story like this to tell about Jack, and Keemo and by extension the Abbotts. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

I understand the writers needed a way of introducing the (soon to be) new young female Asian character to the show, BUT throwing Keemo under the bus to do so is sad.  I watched the show back then and I don’t remember THIS amount of hatred for Jack coming from Keemo.  Am I wrong?

• Love 18

Has anyone wondered if Victoria is playing the long con against Ashland? That she has known all along that he was not ill and made her plan? 

I will now put Jack in the unwatchable category with Devon, Amanda, and Chance. Any interest I would have in a story about Jack’s son and possible granddaughter is ruined by his weepiness and emoting. And wanting Phyllis (a Hall of Fame unwatchable) beside him instead of his brother and sister. This could be such a great story! How has it gone off the rails so quickly?

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

Victor, "It brings into question EVERYTHING we know about Ashland Locke". Do Victor or the scriptwriters have dementia? The information confirmed what they already knew about him, before Victoria even married him. So it's worse to fake cancer than steal your friend's identity after he burns up in a car, or change someone's will to start your business? And he tried to cover up these first two known transgressions with all his might. So please tell me how faking cancer and treatment is not just another manifestation of his con artistry? Maybe they can consult with Sally for insight about the motivations of cancer frauds.

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

For once Ashland closed the door before he started having one of his top secret phone calls. Progress?

I'm with Billy <shudder>, why was Phyllis attending an Abbott family meeting? She's not family and she's not even an in-law at this point. Doesn't she have a hotel to run? 🤨

Victor, stop being such a drama queen and cough it up about Ashland. Nick is a busy man. He's got coffee to drink and empandas to eat, and he doesn't have time to dilly dally around while you're dragging out the big reveal. 😑

Did Phyllis have to be so snotty about Jack choosing her to accompany him to L.A.? I'm amazed Traci didn't chew her out. Guess they really are galpals now. Sure. 🙄

The way Nikki was shining Ashland on was a thing of beauty to me.

And again, I think Billy's right to be suspicious of whatever Jack is being pulled into regarding Keemo's death. For all Jack knows he might be walking into a helter skelter situation at that texted address. Meanwhile, are those the Four Horsemen riding through yonder clouds? Feeling compelled to give props to Billy has to be one of the first signs of the Apocalypse. 🤯

Sure hope Phyllis packed her nice lingerie because I see grief sex her future. California-style. Poor Jack.

Meh, Victor, you're not so smart. Most of us Preverts figured out Ashland's scheme months ago. 😏

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has anyone wondered if Victoria is playing the long con against Ashland? That she has known all along that he was not ill and made her plan? 

Nope. All of the women on the show are now a) smart, but not as smart as the men and b) bitches. The writing on this show is getting much worse. Everything about it is getting much worse. I hate how most of the women have been turned into bitches. The show has become so misogynistic it's nearly unwatchable.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

Nope. All of the women on the show are now a) smart, but not as smart as the men and b) bitches. The writing on this show is getting much worse. Everything about it is getting much worse. I hate how most of the women have been turned into bitches. The show has become so misogynistic it's nearly unwatchable.

Why was Victoria so weird with Drinki today? She even did that whole "Mother" whine thing that teenaged girls do.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Nikki Nikki Nikki, how many brain cells did Nikki kill while she was Drinki.  How blind could you be in defending Ashland the Neckless because of Olive couldn’t you even consider what Ashland the Neckless end game would be.  If Adam walked into a room, Nikki would come up with all short  of theories that Adam was up to something.  Maybe there are more brain cells than I though because Nikki’s lights turned on when she heard that Olive was going to make Ashland the Neckless Co-CEO without telling Victor. 

There are a lot more words to describe Banana Breath the Pompous than just being pompous but I will just leave it at that.  Wow!  Banana Breath is still pompous but if he’s going to help take down Ashland the Neckless, I’m dropping pompous from his title. 

Olive, that fantastic business woman who’s the smartest and greatest of all the Newman’s, doesn’t even read the contract. 

I has to laugh when Nostrils walked into the living room for a family meeting and asked what Rodan the Petty was doing there?  The question is why is she anywhere but banished to Milan with Summer.  

I guess Traci thinks that Jack will wither a way and die if he doesn’t eat something in the 3 hrs it takes to get to LA 😂

Victor’s side eye is classic. A thing of beauty that is more ominous than his words.  

Two very real things that TIIC have completely failed to mention. The first is Bowie’s health and possible complications that could arise in the future even with the bone marrow transfusion. Second, is that Ashland 2.0 formally known as the Neckless, if he really did have cancer in the first place has told everyone that he’s not cancer free but the cancer has stopped spreading. But my main issue is that nobody even fantom the fact that the cancer could return and if it does, it is likely to be more aggressive.  The second thing, that I brought up about Ashland 2.0 is because it shows you how unprepared Olive is in running Newman Locke by first not reading the contract and not getting a prognosis, from that amazing trustworthy doctor Natey Nate Nate, on Ashland’s health.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

Let's not let the writers off on writing a script that allows Victor (who is the greatest chess player in soap opera history) fail to address that Ashland, who signed over his company in the midst of a near fatal heart attack when Victor wouldn't call 911, might come up with a new gambit. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Damn, can we keep this Billy? The one ready to drop everything and be there for his brother? The one who reassured him with not one whiff of snideness that he was sorry for his loss and that he never needed to cover-up the deterioration of Jack/Keemo’s relationship. The one who warns him to be careful about Phyllis? This was a Billy I could get behind/root a little.

Phyllis was acting a bit aggressive/possessive over Jack. MS was choosing some odd acting choices/facial expressions where she looked more miffed than heartbroken for Jack. And her hostility towards Traci was odd. Traci was nice and grateful but also right in making it clear that Phyllis needs to watch herself and Jack’s heart. Billy warning Jack felt like pre-Philly Billy who hated/distrusted Phyllis. I appreciated it. 

I know it’s not the same as Billy and Traci losing their kids, but Jack did suffer the devastating loss of his son with Nikki so he’s not wholly unacquainted with those swirl of emotions.

Today’s GoodBrother!Billy would’ve been better served to accompany Jack to L.A. instead of being relegated to making podcasts. Billy playing supporting in someone else’s story in an organic way and not being a jackass would go a way towards righting his character a bit. 

Traci and Billy were waving the Abbott banner damn hard and quite well- so why couldn’t they be allowed to do the same for Abby? Oh, right because they’d all be looking at Devon like ‘WTF?’ 

Adam was dumbed down to make Nick look smarter and Victor appear on the ball. Ain’t no way Adam did game out some of these angles with Ashland. Nick wanting to go NICK SMASH! was predictable but still funny.

Nikki about tripped herself running after Victoria trying to get the 411 on the coCEO change. And ha to Victoria seeing her COO saying she’ll snitch to Victor if she doesn’t tell him what’s going on. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
Clarified some wonky sentences.
  • Love 17
(edited)

Far be it from me to defend Phyllis - it feels dirty to even say that - but ButtBiscuit being the one to side eye Phyllis while invoking the sanctity of family was so full of horseshit that it felt like we were behind the scenes at the Kentucky Derby.

ButtBiscuit "had Jack's back" and the sanctity of family when he not only had an affair with his wife, but also proceeded to taunt him and treat him with contempt.  For months.  While Jack and his sisters have stood by him pretty much always - Correction, Traci has, Ashley, not so much - I can't remember the last time Billy did did anything similar.  Usually, the reverse.  As for ButtBiscuit casting shade at Phyllis, he might want to remember that he slept with her daughter, a secret she's kept so far, one that could do that toadstool a lot of damage.

Phyllis is no prize, to say the least, but ButtBiscuit is a walking, talking penicillin resistant urinary tract infection.

Jack would do better skipping all three of them and taking Mrs. Martinez.  That poor woman deserves to get out of the house.

Quelle Domage!  Ashland lied about being sick!  I can understand why the Newman men are horrified by such reprehensible behavior.  I mean, it's not as if any if them ever, say, faked their death - oh, hi there Victor;  faked going blind - lookin good Adam!; walked around in a JT mask, terrifying their family - Nick, was it you who just farted?  And those are just for starters.

Ashland's still a rank amateur compared to the Newman pros.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10
(edited)

I only watched the Abbott stuff, couldn't care less about insurance salesman Ashland (seriously, what were they thinking.  The actor seems like a legit nice guy, but no way someone who can portray this character) or the rest of the Newmans atm.  

Pretty sure it wouldn't have been a good idea to "coax" the story out of him, Traci.  Weren't they listening when he said a big part of the story was a defensive mechanism for him? Still like many of you I liked Traci and could at least tolerate Billy today, and THAT one's probably a first.

Phyllis and her antics almost seemed weirdly fitting today.  Not that she was in the right or anything, but like, this is what she's all about. You're never going to get completely away from her ego mania and bullshit in even in a trying situation, and I think even Jack knows that.

Also felt like there's way more chemistry between her and Jack in this story.  Probably bc he's actually showing some backbone and not just kissing her ass, and she's even following his lead to some extent so far.  

Edited by JNavarro
  • Love 13

Why? Why did my DVR fail to tape Y&R on Monday? I had to watch OnDemand today, with no fast-forwarding.  I had to watch ButtBiscuit attempt to do a podcast Even muted, I still had to watch, so the other scenes wouldn't be missed.  Oh, what a day!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

Quelle Domage!  Ashland lied about being sick!  I can understand why the Newman men are horrified by such reprehensible behavior.  I mean, it's not as if any if them ever, say, faked their death - oh, hi there Victor;  faked going blind - lookin good Adam!; walked around in a JT mask, terrifying their family - Nick, was it you who just farted?  And those are just for starters.

Ashland's still a rank amateur compared to the Newman pros.

The Newmans never reflect on their own transgressions because they believe that what’s good for the goose is not good for the gander.  

• Love 13
(edited)

As for ButtBiscuit casting shade at Phyllis, he might want to remember that he slept with her daughter, a secret she's kept so far, one that could do that toadstool a lot of damage.

It's so odd how that has remained a secret since so many people know about it. I'm still impressed that Billy told Lily because he didn't have to. Lily could have remained blissfully unaware how much she needs to keep Mattie away from him. But maybe Billy'd rather Lily had already heard it from him in case someone does spill the beans. That moment will become a scandal of huge proportions and likely put Billy's life in danger when Nick and Victor find out. Fun times!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 14
13 hours ago, JNavarro said:

insurance salesman Ashland

Bingo! (No one likes an insurance salesman.) He keeps getting these "oh shit" facial expressions. He seems like he's in way over his head. He's like some perv who knows he's about to get caught. OG Ashland never gave off that vibe. 

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

t's so odd how that has remained a secret since so many people know about it. I'm still impressed that Billy told Lily because he didn't have to. Lily could have remained blissfully unaware how much she needs to keep Mattie away from him. But maybe Billy'd rather Lily had already heard it from him in case someone does spill the beans. That moment will become a scandal of huge proportions and likely put Billy's life in danger when Nick and Victor find out. Fun times!

One can only hope. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

It's so odd how that has remained a secret since so many people know about it. I'm still impressed that Billy told Lily because he didn't have to. Lily could have remained blissfully unaware how much she needs to keep Mattie away from him. But maybe Billy'd rather Lily had already heard it from him in case someone does spill the beans. That moment will become a scandal of huge proportions and likely put Billy's life in danger when Nick and Victor find out. Fun times!

The sad thing is when this secret comes out it'll be a fizzle instead of the nuclear bomb it should/should've been. Sally is still getting crap for manipulating Summer into the job of her dreams and a beautiful life in Milan with Kyle and Harrison but I'd bet money that Billy's act will be hand waved away with Summer wasn't affected since she's living her best life.

This secret coming to light would've been a great catalyst for Nick and Phyllis breaking up - she kept this huge secret from him that effectively protected Billy and left Nick - Summer's father - in the dark. Nick was walking around without a clue about Billy's revenge scheme against him and he'd be made to feel like a fool that Phyllis allowed that.

Instead we get Lily getting in on the secret and Billy apologizing to Summer on a plane and that's it.  Snore.

Victor's ultimatum to Ashland was hilarious. He says it's about protecting Victoria('s pride) but it's really about pushing him out to take back Newman Enterprises- his true pride and joy.  But why does he think Ashland would ever go along with his plan?  If Ashland does love Victoria, he's gonna stay and fight because just leaving to spare her leaves him without her AND the company.  If Ashland doesn't love Victoria, he's not gonna care if you expose him to her, they're married and he can make life difficult for all Newmans and Newman Enterprises through all kinds of legal machinations.

• Love 11

How is Victoria so dismissive of Victor's role in the company? Doesn't he still own the Newman part of Newman/Locke? Seems to me he could fire her any day of the week. But she's acting kinda weird toward Ashland too, like she assumes Victor will shut down the whole co-CEO thing so she doesn't have to.

Oh I don't know about that top Sharon was wearing today. Seemed a bit young for her IMO. Maybe she borrowed it from Faith, ha ha.

TMW your FIL bends you over and proceeds to insert his foot all the way up your long con-running hiney. Ouchies!

You can borrow art from museums to use in your wedding? What if it gets damaged or stolen? Sigh, I wish Tessa and Mariah would just go to Vegas. 😑

Why is grown-a$$ man Noah still living with his parents? He has a job now and can afford his own place. Whatever, at least he's in a way better mood.

Ehh, I'm feeling like Victor might've played his hand with Ashland too soon. All the evidence he has right now is hearsay and not solid proof of Ashland's lies and schemes.

Victoria: what Ashland and I have is very special.
Adam: "
special." Heh, thats one word for it.
Victoria: oh, Adam, bitterness doesn't become you. Don't worry, maybe you'll find someone to give you the kind of love and honor and respect Ashland has given me.
love, honor, and respect"? Ashland? Yikes, Victoria, I'm about to bust a gut over here!
Victoria: sounds like a personal problem. I'm leaving now. My wonderful husband is waiting for me so we can make an amazing announcement that will leave you and Dad speechless.
speechless"? Sis, stop! I can only get so hard! 😈

Ashland was acting pretty sure of himself and the hold he has on Victoria. But he's kinda right, the Newman women don't tend to roll over and accept fate. Look what Abby did when she was told Chance had been killed in Spain. Victor would probably have to lock Victoria in a dungeon to keep her from going to Peru to try to get Ashland back. Hmmm. 🤔

Sooo, Lil Humbug isn't even Assland's real kid? How would TGVN know that?

Doesn't everyone know? That's why Harrison is in Italy with Kyle and Summer instead of in GC with Ashland. Or in foster care since his mommy's in prison.

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Why is grown-a$$ man Noah still living with his parents? He has a job now and can afford his own place. Whatever, at least he's in a way better mood.

Y&R ain't shelling out no more money for sets, LOL. Then again we've only heard about Nate and Elena's place, right? So Noah could just say he moved out and it'd be done.

Victoria has been irking me fierce these past few months but I really, really, really, really, REALLY hope this show is NOT going to have her be completely blindsided and conned by Ashland. After all her dealings with Billy's constant lies and betrayals and being Victor Newman's daughter, ain't no way the character of Victoria wouldn't have some inkling Ashland could be a threat and not made appropriate safeguards to protect Newman Enterprises. That Victor, Adam, and Nick (and Billy) have this cabal of menfolk rallying to save Victoria of all people is insulting to her and the show's majority audience at large. Wanting her not to get hurt is one thing, treating her like a child and plotting behind her back is another. At least Billy delivers his warnings and then bounces to go bed Lily or not sleep and drone on in his podcast.

If Victoria is her father's daughter - and I think she is- I could see her wanting revenge against Ashland for not picking her to helm his media company back when he first hit town and she just played the sympathetic ear to the 'wounded' Locke, biding her time, appearing to turn a blind eye to the red flags when she was internally taking note and forging ahead to secure the big score of taking Locke Communications and merging it with Newman Enterprises and then shoving him out the door if he didn't actually die. Like Victor, she's playing her cards close to the vest and not telling them -including Nikki- anything because like Victor, Victoria only trusts herself. I just cannot believe Victoria's going to be proven this gullible and while she annoys me, I would really enjoy her eyeing all the men in her life from Victor to Nick to Adam to Billy after she runs Ashland out of town to make sure they know, she doesn't need a man to save her and can damn well take care of herself and NE.

Then we can get back to petty squabbling and Victoria be taken down/knocked down a peg by Sally or Lily.  Lily seems to be trying to set herself up as a kind of Victoria Newman over at CI so wouldn't be surprised if she's Victoria's next 'nemesis'. I might like that.

Where that leaves Adam, I don't know but it could be interesting to see what he comes up with- maybe he'll go work with Nick at...what's it called again? New Hope? Could be something to have the Newman brothers team up after all the strife.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Added ‘not’ or else the post wouldn’t make sense 😂
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Sooo, Lil Humbug isn't even Assland's real kid? How would TGVN know that?

I completely understand if you drifted of during Kyle and Dummer's Last Stand against that bubbly, frothy, full of fun Tara Locke when she was sleepwalking through her half-hearted attempts to seduce Kyle and/or Jack, but yeah.  It turned out that Kyle's Weekend at Bernie's with Tara in the Hamptons ended up producing Lil' Haricot Verts.  Ashland accepted the news, Tara went off to NYC to face the feds, Kyle and Dummer, cuz of Sally, had to go and live in stupid ol' MEELAN and they took the kid with them.

And gosh how deeply we miss all three of them.

giphy.gif

Deeply.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

Oh I don't know about that top Sharon was wearing today. Seemed a bit young for her IMO. Maybe she borrowed it from Faith, ha ha.

Her red lipstick was like a giant stop light. I couldn't see anything else she was wearing.

I did enjoy the conversations between her and Dick in a Box, but when Noway showed up all three of them started acting like dicks. Ship him back to Paris or London or where he was an art darling.

Why is grown-a$$ man Noah still living with his parents? He has a job now and can afford his own place.

Even without the job his daddy made for him he could afford his own place like any normal person would want.

Ehh, I'm feeling like Victor might've played his hand with Ashland too soon.

Not me. The new guy ruined the character. I am so over this. Squish him like the bug that he is Grampire!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

In comparison to Banana Breath, Summer is a genius.  Banana Breath complains that he was left out of the original Ashland 2.0 loop but when he’s brought into this  loop, he questions why are we here when Victor wants to handle Ashland 2.0 by himself.  Banana Breath just loves to cut and run either that or he’s late for his weekly delivery of bananas. 

What’s wrong with this picture?  Sharon is wearing an off the shoulder blouse while Rey the Chin is wearing a leather jacket. Isn’t Rey the Chin suppose to be the hot blooded one?  

The same for Olive?  She doesn’t need a coat because she’s so hot blooded?  Meanwhile, Victor is wearing a winter coat. 

I really hate that there are pregnant pauses before people get to the point but with Victor, it’s like a cat playing with a mouse before he makes Ashland 2.0 regret his actions. Well the mouse is actually a weasel and wants to fight back banking that Olive loves him enough to turn her back on Victor.

Mariah and Tessa 🥰😍😘

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Same. He doesn't have it.

RB as, Ashland, was slick as a cat when he served manipulation and menace. This new Ashland looks like a dog who just got dropped off at a stranger's home.

• LOL 12
6 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

How is Victoria so dismissive of Victor's role in the company? Doesn't he still own the Newman part of Newman/Locke? Seems to me he could fire her any day of the week. But she's acting kinda weird toward Ashland too, like she assumes Victor will shut down the whole co-CEO thing so she doesn't have to.

Ehh, I'm feeling like Victor might've played his hand with Ashland too soon. All the evidence he has right now is hearsay and not solid proof of Ashland's lies and schemes.

I’m not sure if Victor still has the ability to fire Olive without consent of the board. The one thing he did though was to allow the CEO to make certain decisions, like merging, buying new divisions or selling old divisions. When Victor was CEO he got it out into the bylaws for him to operate without board consent thus giving Olive as CEO the same ability. 

Noah living with his parents so they will be a constant witness to his Ziggy impersonation. Noah likes it when his parents feel sorry for them.  I find it laughable that Noah is living in Sharon’s cottage. It would be cramped for space with Noah being in very close proximity to the master bedroom and Faith’s bedroom.  Noah should be living in Banana Breaths large and roomy house were he would have more room and doesn’t have to worry about Christian since he lives in the basement.  

I don’t think that Victor played his hand to soon because Victor put the ball in Ashland’s 2.0 court. He would have to call Olive’s father delusional or throw himself on Olive’s mercy. 

• Love 11

Well, new Ashland (Robert Newman) played good guy hero Josh for decades and might not know how to play a meanie.  Plus, he was always in the shadow of Kim Zimmer, who constantly ate the show, so he hardly ever drove stories.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Well, new Ashland (Robert Newman) played good guy hero Josh for decades and might not know how to play a meanie.  Plus, he was always in the shadow of Kim Zimmer, who constantly ate the show, so he hardly ever drove stories.

I hate to agree but you are right about RN.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

59 minutes ago, rcc said:

I hate to agree but you are right about RN.

Every time I hear his voice, I'm confused as to why Joshua Lewis is talking to Victoria. I think this is an unfortunate problem with playing a legendary soap character. He sounds and looks just like Josh.  

I think that's one of the reasons Michael Knight has that ridiculous accent on GH. The white hair and accent help to stop me from thinking, "oh it's Tad."

I also felt more conflict from RB's Ashland. I felt like he might have been a bit sick and actually loved Victoria, albeit not as much as he loves himself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Well, now! Nick got off his butt to 'save' Victoria and dropped the bomb on her! NOW it's about to get good. He's gotta tell her the whole thing now, right? And then Victor will be pissed Nick botched his scheme.

Adam, my boy, way to get your sneak on, LOL. Nick was right that Adam was watching how this was all playing out and keeping his eye on the big seat. He just needs to continue to keep his hands where everyone can see them and let the chair come to him.  I will note this, Adam is right that the family will rally to Victoria and she'll have their support and it seemed there was a tinge of resigned resentment about that because he knows damn well that none of them would run to his aid. The man was screaming in a mental hospital having a breakdown and only Victor bothered to give him the time of day or spare any sincere concern about him. I get why he chose to twiddle his thumbs at his desk rather than run to her aid again since she's made it clear he doesn't mean squat to her. Should he take advantage of the situation? He could and given Victoria's trying to set him up not once but twice, he'd be within his rights to, but I hope not. Like I said he should let that chair come to him without any overt moves on his part. Otherwise just continue to steer the NM ship.

• Love 14
(edited)

Abby, first you need to kick Chance to the curb, then you need to do the same with Devon and his F*ck buddy.  Devon will wind up taking Bowie full time if you don’t grow some balls and tell him to shove it.  

What the hell is Sally wearing?  Is it flash your snatch day or dress up like your favorite character from Tron?  It’s one of the ugliest dresses I’ve ever seen on this show, and that’s saying a lot since there are so many ugly costumes on this show. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I really do not understand why the “executive” women on this show wear such tacky, unprofessional attire at work. Try to think of one woman you know who would dress like this. Those one shoulder outfits are an abomination that almost every female on this show has worn. Fire the wardrobe people and hire someone who lives in the real world to dress these women.

Thank you.

• Love 13
(edited)

Oh yeah, those chicks were dressed atrociously. Nikki: lady who lunches suburban look, Victoria: trust fund Deb who ran away from a party to go to the rave and take Ecstasy, and lastly Sally: working the stroll outside Motel 6. Then Ashland faking another attack. Rotation and repetition. It would have been easier for him to have left Victoria in a smouldering car wreck and then hand Victor a forged Co-CEO agreement. 

Edited by Julyolo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Have you ever wonder about the hiring practices of Y&R. Was Ashland 2.0 hired because he could connect with Olive or out of desperation to replace Ashland 1.0. Ashland 2.0 has been around long enough to bond with Olive but I see nothing of the sort. I don’t see any sparks nor even a connection between the actors. The best thing about Olive is her blue eyes which use to sparkle when she just looked at Ashland 1.0. Now all I see is a loveless marriage or a marriage of convenience. I feel the same way about Chance 2.0. The only reason he was hired was for Abby to have a new Scotty.  The reason I’m questioning these two is because they are both a married couple so you would think that there would be a chemistry test before being hired. The original chemistry between Olive/Ashland and Abby/Chance was built over time. The chemistry between Adam/Sally and Mariah/Tessa didn’t happen overnight. 

Banana Breath is back to being pompous and an arrogant SOB.  It’s like Banana Breath doesn’t know his own sister and he couldn’t even keep her from not doing what she wants to do.  I didn’t think it was possible but Banana Breath is a bigger prick than Nostrils.  

Once again a big fuck you has to go out to Devon and Chance 2.0 for not giving 💩💩 shits about Abby’s feelings.  What does Chance 2.0’s therapy session have anything to do with Bowie being shipped off to Devon and Devon being selfish by risking Bowie’s health because his immune system is still compromised no matter what TIIC think.  

Did Victor actually know that Olive wanted to make Ashland 2.0 Co-CEO or he was just a gut feeling. Maybe Victor does have a mole in the legal department.  Did Olive finish singing the agreement or not when Ashland 2.0 went into his act. The other question is, did Ashland 2.0 already sign the agreement since both parties have to sign digitally for the contract to be legally binding. The other thing we don’t know if Olive and Ashland 2.0 has a document they signed to agree that they both can sign digitally. 

Ashland 2.0 thinks he’s a bad ass and can make doctors in Peru disappear. Little does he know that Victor can make Ashland 2.0 disappear permanently. Ashland 2.0 say hello to a Marco your cell mate.  Now I’m wondering if Ashland 2.0 gave an order to “disappear” the Peruvian doctors, did let his friend die in the car fire?  

As an aside with Devon talking to Bowie about he can’t wait to see what he’ll be. Devon don’t wish your life away. I couldn’t wait either with my kids and I turned around and it’s 50 years later 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Ashland 2.0 thinks he’s a bad ass and can make doctors in Peru disappear. Little does he know that Victor can make Ashland 2.0 disappear permanently. Ashland 2.0 say hello to a Marco your cell mate.  Now I’m wondering if Ashland 2.0 gave an order to “disappear” the Peruvian doctors, did let his friend die in the car fire?  

I hope Ashland 2.0 isn't too fond of his ears.

• LOL 14

Ehh, I really missed RB today. I just can't buy this Ashland as someone Victoria has been madly in love with.

Sigh, Devon. This co-parenting thing can't work if you keep changing the rules on  the fly. Especially if Chance gets stronger emotionally and stops caping for you like he does now.

Adam and Nick arguing over who's a been a better brother to Victoria during Ashland's tenure was something to behold. Victoria hasn't exactly been cherishing either one of them for a while now.

Job titles aren't set in concrete and can be undone. I didn't get the urgency of stopping Victoria from signing those co-CEO papers. Whatever, at least Ashland fell in line like TGVN told him to.

Oh hey now. This new guy Dr. Huffman is a hottie. 😻 He kind of resembles Nate, I think. Hope he gets that manspreading under control though.

Dear TPTB, Chance not mentioning to his therapist certain key attributes of Dominic's biological father is some b.s., AFAIC. Y'all are still determined not to adress that elephant in the room, huh? 😐

Ditto comments upthread, was Sally about to go on the stroll? In that outfit today she looked to me like she was primed to go turn some tricks down on Front Street for spare change. 😼 I don't blame her for wanting to show off her tight body but dang, time and place.

Don't turn shy Nick. Tell her! Do it! Break. Her. Face! Break. Her. Face! 🥳🥳🥳

flash your snatch day

Is there Hallmark card for that? Asking for a friend. 😉

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Ashland is going to have a another REALLY fatal heart attack with Victoria absent, in front of all his disbelievers who will do nothing to save him, because this time they'll think he's faking again. A boy who cried wolf scenario. Victoria will go psycho, and then they will finally have to tell her what a cad he was throughout their entire relationship. It also beggars belief none of these idiots ever suspected The Pillsbury Ashland could utilize homicide as an end to obtain his means BEFORE letting Victoria traipse down the aisle with him.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

Does the three include Michael Baldwin????

No, just the doctors who spoke to Michael and ratted out The Pillsbury Ashland.

Along with Keemo that's four offscreen deaths in the last two weeks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

So, The Pillsbury Ashland had 3 nameless doctors in Peru executed offscreen?

You don't mess with the Doughboy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Ever.

• LOL 10

Rodan the Petty’s rational does not hold water. Even if you go through an open door and your not invited to enter it’s illegal as a criminal trespass; but the law be damned for dramatic license.  

Olive’s ego has always been her bailiwick. That’s the main reason Olive is not qualified to run Newman.  Olive benefits from Newman being too big to fail and it’s makes money because Newman can’t help not to make money.  

So Ashland 2.0’s henchman got rid of the three doctors but does Ashland 2.0 know that Victor has them on video?  Wouldn’t Michael be concerned that all 3 doctors suddenly disappeared?  I still say Victor brought a gun to a knife fight.  

Did I mention that I don’t like Ashland 2.0 at all, no way, nada.  He might be a good actor somewhere else but he’s a terrible Ashland recast.  

• Love 6