Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Airdate 2020.03.15

Alpha and the Whisperers attack Hilltop with Negan's help.

REMINDER:  This thread is for discussion of what appears onscreen only.  If you didn't see it happen, it does not belong here and your post WILL be removed.  DO NOT DISCUSS CASTING NEWS, including reported cast comings and goings, OR SPOILERS.   That includes what you see in the previews.  We have separate threads for spoilers or the comics.  

Wait a second.

So if Carol was plotting with Negan before he left Alexandria, then what the actual fuck was up with her blowing up the horde and continuously losing her shit  putting people at risk to get to Alpha, if the whole plan was for Negan to kill Alpha.

She looked and sounded very lucid and not at all emotionally distressed when she told him 'took you long enough' like she was just biding her time. What the hell?

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, gutbuster said:

Wait a second.

So if Carol was plotting with Negan before he left Alexandria, then what the actual fuck was up with her blowing up the horde and continuously losing her shit  putting people at risk to get to Alpha, if the whole plan was for Negan to kill Alpha.

She looked and sounded very lucid and not at all emotionally distressed when she told him 'took you long enough' like she was just biding her time. What the hell?

Yeah I'm confused on that too... Because if she let him go free then did all her madness just to get him close.. That's still a lot of bodies and the destruction of hilltop on her head... Smh... She gonna get more than a shot to the mouth if she let this go down

• Love 5

Oh, so it was Carol who let Negan go. Not that any of this makes sense, but oh, well. Negan that was a little cold of you, dispatching your girlfriend that way. She even washed her face for you! But thank you. Now we don't have to listen to her weird, stilted, wonky accent any more.

Beta killing Mary was kind of shocking. I'm glad someone hauled off and clocked Carol. About time.

Goodbye, Earl. You were... okay.

Oh, and by the way: Carol and Negan? Perfect hookup. They're made for each other. Of course Carol never saw him bash anyone's heads in or saw his rape harem. But maybe it wouldn't matter to her.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 8

Before I read any comments, I have to say I really liked this episode. I've always loved Carol but I didn't mind her taking a punch for her current foolishness. I liked her interaction with Eugene.

Even Negan didn't bother me. Everybody was hitting it out of the park. The acting was terrific. Even that precocious child didn't bother me. 

Ohh that ending was just fabulous. I was not expecting that. Wasn't this the first time Carol and Negan have been in a scene together?

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

It's a shame about Earl.  He seemed to enjoy being a father.  That poor little baby has lost two mothers, a father (who knows what happened to the original father) and an auntie.  I guess Alden is going to step in, whoever the fuck he is.

What kind of people take a break while running for their lives to end their relationship?  And Eugene reached new depths of pathetic when all he could think about was his little radio pal.  These people don't deserve to live.  And if they do deserve to live, they don't deserve to waste my time on this fucking show.

Once again, Carol proves that she's a cold ass bitch.  How many people died for her little plan with Negan?  And was Hilltop burning to the ground part of that plan?  What are the people who remember Glenn and Abraham going to think when they find out Carol's teamed up with Negan?  And what about the Saviour-survivors who had to live under Negan's tyranny?  But what's the point of asking? Carol doesn't give a shit about anybody but CAROL.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, so it was Carol who let Negan go.

The only thing I remember is that they crossed each other in the woods,  He told her he was going for Alpha and she told him she might get her first then they split... or something like that...  If someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

It's a shame about Earl.  He seemed to enjoy being a father.  That poor little baby has lost two mothers, a father (who knows what happened to the original father) and an auntie.  I guess Alden is going to step in, whoever the fuck he is.

What kind of people take a break while running for their lives to end their relationship?  And Eugene reached new depths of pathetic when all he could think about was his little radio pal.  These people don't deserve to live.  And if they do deserve to live, they don't deserve to waste my time on this fucking show.

Once again, Carol proves that she's a cold ass bitch.  How many people died for her little plan with Negan?  And was Hilltop burning to the ground part of that plan?  What are the people who remember Glenn and Abraham going to think when they find out Carol's teamed up with Negan?  And what about the Saviour-survivors who had to live under Negan's tyranny?  But what's the point of asking? Carol doesn't give a shit about anybody but CAROL.

Alpha never acted like Negan was a catalyst for her destruction. She's been going after them since Lydia went over.

5 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

The only thing I remember is that they crossed each other in the woods,  He told her he was going for Alpha and she told him she might get her first then they split... or something like that...  If someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't even remember that.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, and by the way: Carol and Negan? Perfect hookup. They're made for each other. Of course Carol never saw him bash anyone's heads in or saw his rape harem. But maybe it wouldn't matter to her.

It definitely wouldn't matter to Carol.  She only cares about herself.  And if anybody deserves Negan, it's Carol.  He can name his new bat after her.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, heisenberg said:

He told her he was going for Alpha and she told him she might get her first then they split... or something like that...  If someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sure I have absolutely no idea.

7 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

The acting was terrific. Even that precocious child didn't bother me. 

Same. Acting was great and That Child acted almost like a real child, for once. Speaking of children, this show once again messes up when babies are in action scenes. The baby is really big when nothing is happened, then when they take off running, he morphs into the size of newborn. They've been doing this since Judith was an infant. FFS, can't they find a bigger doll? Not in the budget or something?

9 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

What are the people who remember Glenn and Abraham going to think when they find out Carol's teamed up with Negan?

I know Daryl is not going to be elated after all the torture he endured at Negan's hands. This just might be the last straw for him with Carol.

• Love 5

I have no memory of their paths ever crossing onscreen and can't find a clip on Youtube, for whatever that's worth.  While we can probably presume at this point that Carol either let Negan out or at least didn't stop him from escaping because even the biggest tool has its uses, I'm interested as hell to know exactly how this came about and what if any kind of arrangement they might have actually had.  When was the last time I could actually say that about this show?  I'm not going to presume anything beyond that until we see it play out onscreen.

As much as I'm still not a Negan fan and likely never will be, JDM can emote.  He was giving those scenes everything he had while Samantha Morton, who's better than this in virtually everything else I've ever seen her in, was gargling marbles.  Something something lion.  Something something kill Lydia.  Oh, who knows?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I have no memory of their paths ever crossing onscreen and can't find a clip on Youtube, for whatever that's worth.  While we can probably presume at this point that Carol either let Negan out or at least didn't stop him from escaping because even the biggest tool has its uses, I'm interested as hell to know exactly how this came about and what if any kind of arrangement they might have actually had.  When was the last time I could actually say that about this show?  I'm not going to presume anything beyond that until we see it play out onscreen.

As much as I'm still not a Negan fan and likely never will be, JDM can emote.  He was giving those scenes everything he had while Samantha Morton, who's better than this in virtually everything else I've ever seen her in, was gargling marbles.  Something something lion.  Something something kill Lydia.  Oh, who knows?

I can't remember Carol and Negan ever speaking.  I don't remember a scene where he says he's going after Alpha.  But so little of this show is worth the effort of remembering so there could have been a whole episode devoted to Negan and Carol as far as I know.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND Samantha Morton's choices in playing Alpha.  She IS a good actor, so all I can think is that she was told to play Alpha as an annoying nutjob with a speech impediment. 

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

While we can probably presume at this point that Carol either let Negan out or at least didn't stop him from escaping

Someone unlocked his jailhouse door, but he didn't know it and was surprised to find it open so they couldn't have made any plans then. He roamed around all night there and we never saw him talking to Carol. Show, you've got a lot of 'splaining to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

That's what I mean.  I'm interested as hell in finding out HOW this came about and what if anything it means going forward.  Don't drop the ball on this, show.  

Yeah, I hope it won't be another oops-Rick-in-the-RV stunt.

• LOL 2

Negan being in cahoots with Carol was a nice twist.  Maybe her actions were meant to be a distraction, and to give Alpha an enemy to focus on, which would allow Negan to build her trust.  Yes, a lot of lives lost for that end, but I'm beyond thinking that this show makes any kind of real sense anymore.

Lack of logic aside, I'm thinking this is the best season in awhile.  The show is long past its peak, but it's rebounded a bit IMO.  The stories have been interesting, if silly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

The only upside of Carol's teaming up with Negan is that they could both have Beta hulking around the woods looking to get revenge for the loss of his dreamgirl.  THAT would serve them both right.

He'll be like Godzilla levelling the city. He looked even scarier with part of his skin-face torn off. I won't complain if he sends Carol and Negan to Walker Heaven. I'm getting a bit of a soft spot for the big lug.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

What are the people who remember Glenn and Abraham going to think when they find out Carol's teamed up with Negan?

You mean the same people who have been keeping Negan alive and comfy for years now? Let him out into Alexandria's society and even near Judith? The ones who wanted to stop Maggie from taking Negan out? Those people?

It would hypocritical of them to take Carol to task quite frankly, especially since they started to take Negan out of Alexandria with them to kill stuff before any of this happened.

56 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know Daryl is not going to be elated after all the torture he endured at Negan's hands. This just might be the last straw for him with Carol.

When did Daryl have a problem with Negan still being alive? I don't remember him trying to get revenge on what happened to him. He was fine with having Negan there all these years.

How many people died for her little plan with Negan?

From what I understand of what little I have seen of this Season, Carol always tried to go it alone. First it was Daryl who kept saying 'not gonna let you go alone' and then more and more people got involved. They should have just let her go it alone but they didn't want her to because god forbid anyone upset the precious boundaries opposed on them by these mask freaks. Because you don't kill bad guys that oppress you, you cave in to their demands while letting them violate the rules they set up while you follow said rules like a sissy.

People were going to die with or without Carol because these morons learned nothing from Negan. You follow the rules, you get killed because the rule makers are assholes and find any excuse to kill you. Don't follow the rules, you get killed. Alpha is exactly the same, she would just find excuses or stage something to where people have to break rules (like stopping a fire) or use any excuse to kill them off.

It's hilarious how people can complain about our team doing nothing against these bozos since last Season. Then when someone does want to take them out, everyone complains because...? Are people really that upset about these characters dying that no one cares about anyway? Other than Connie who is there?

• Love 10

Alpha with a clean face is quite pretty. Samantha Morton has good skin. No pun intended 😬

I’m guessing the Carol/Negan agreement was we need to take her down and whoever can get it done first, do it.

I’m scared for next week ☹️

• Love 9

You know the part where the one Whisperer guy recognized Beta after his mask was torn?  Did anyone know what that was about, or is this something that is yet to be revealed?  The guy said he thought he recognized his voice.  Last I remember Beta was a patient in a mental facility, wasn't he?  I'm not sure how his identity could be some major reveal. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, rmontro said:

You know the part where the one Whisperer guy recognized Beta after his mask was torn?  Did anyone know what that was about, or is this something that is yet to be revealed?  The guy said he thought he recognized his voice.  Last I remember Beta was a patient in a mental facility, wasn't he?  I'm not sure how his identity could be some major reveal. 

It must be explained later. I think everyone is clueless.

• Love 2

OK I liked the twist even though I had to endure weeks of "ugh, Carol..." to get there.  Still not convinced she had to go to such lengths to get what she wanted but OK,  I'll bite....

The scene with Judith and Earl broke my heart.

This season has not totally sucked.

Alpha's skin is remarkable considering what it usually lives under....

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, rmontro said:

No, he wasn't the patient, his best friend (or brother or lover, not clear) was a patient at the mental facility and Beta was visiting him when the ZA suddenly appeared.

• Useful 2
10 hours ago, heisenberg said:

The only thing I remember is that they crossed each other in the woods,  He told her he was going for Alpha and she told him she might get her first then they split... or something like that...  If someone can correct me if I'm wrong

According to the ‘WD Geeks,’ the end scene with Carol and Negan was the first time they’ve ever worked together on screen.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, rmontro said:

You know the part where the one Whisperer guy recognized Beta after his mask was torn?  Did anyone know what that was about,

I find it hilarious that the guy only recognised Bayda when a bit of skin mask was ripped off, he said the voice sounded familiar, but how many 6’5” guys with gold teeth are there out there? 🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I am glad Magma is still alive.  It was worth it to see her punch Carol.

It was actually Niko (Miko? Kiko? I'm so bad with names.) who punched Carol. Doesn't matter, though, as long as someone did it.

John Finn is an awesome actor.   He was on the television series Cold Case

Never heard of him, or saw that show but I did like the little bit we saw of him on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Smad said:

You mean the same people who have been keeping Negan alive and comfy for years now? Let him out into Alexandria's society and even near Judith? The ones who wanted to stop Maggie from taking Negan out? Those people?

That was Rick and Michonne who actively protected him. Michonne  actively stopped Maggie from harming him - twice - and  allowed Judith to hang out with him.  They're both gone. I don't think anyone else wanted to keep him comfy.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Smad said:

It would hypocritical of them to take Carol to task quite frankly, especially since they started to take Negan out of Alexandria with them to kill stuff before any of this happened.

When did Daryl have a problem with Negan still being alive? I don't remember him trying to get revenge on what happened to him. He was fine with having Negan there all these years.

From what I understand of what little I have seen of this Season, Carol always tried to go it alone. First it was Daryl who kept saying 'not gonna let you go alone' and then more and more people got involved. They should have just let her go it alone but they didn't want her to because god forbid anyone upset the precious boundaries opposed on them by these mask freaks. Because you don't kill bad guys that oppress you, you cave in to their demands while letting them violate the rules they set up while you follow said rules like a sissy.

People were going to die with or without Carol because these morons learned nothing from Negan. You follow the rules, you get killed because the rule makers are assholes and find any excuse to kill you. Don't follow the rules, you get killed. Alpha is exactly the same, she would just find excuses or stage something to where people have to break rules (like stopping a fire) or use any excuse to kill them off.

It's hilarious how people can complain about our team doing nothing against these bozos since last Season. Then when someone does want to take them out, everyone complains because...? Are people really that upset about these characters dying that no one cares about anyway? Other than Connie who is there?

You make a VERY good point.  I NEVER understood how the people of Alexandria could live with Negan in their midst.  Michonne went so far as to fight with Maggie to keep him alive, driving Maggie away from her friends and people who loved her and little Hershel.  Daryl didn't lift a finger against Negan.  And nobody said word one about a small child visiting a rapist/murderer.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Alpha with a clean face is quite pretty. Samantha Morton has good skin. No pun intended 😬

Samantha Morton is a true English rose and it's either good genes, or she has managed to find the last known stash of Clinique products.

Even Whisperers must exfoliate.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, SharonMist said:

Daryl told eager Judith not to help fight. In the scene where everybody was fighting, there was Judith! Am I mistaken or did I see Judith accidentally stab and kill one of her own people?

She said she got separated from the group as they were evacuating. There was at least one living human in the group - a whisperer that didn't have a mask (at least I think it was a whisperer). 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Each protagonist has the right to live his/her own life.  The problem with Carol attacking on her own is that if it she had killed Alpha, that would have triggered Beta to go on a rampage against all of the protagonists.   They would have paid for Carol's actions.  Of course Negan has now killed Alpha.  It will be interesting to see how Beta reacts.  If Alpha just disappears and there is no body or head for Beta to find, that might give the protagonists some time to come up with a plan while Beta searches for her.

They did pay already with or without Carol. Or did I imagine the heads on spikes end of last Season? Then Alpha used the satellite crashing, where the protagonists had to put out a freaking fire, as an excuse. During that they found masks, meaning Whisperers violated the borders. Lets not forget the Whisperer in Alexandria who poisoned the water, from which people died, rose as zombies and killed more people. How was that within the rules Alpha had established? Alpha's rules were bullshit because people were dying due to her not following the rules. And that would have continued, with or without Carol.

As for Beta, he should have been dead this episode. Seriously, Team Good deserves to die out at this point. Little sissies following the rules of Alpha while she keeps violating them and killing people off. This episode, Enid's boyfriend decides to shoot risen as zombie Gamma (or whatever her name) instead of shooting Beta through the neck who is right there! I'm sorry but that kind of stupid needs to die. Actions like these (not shooting the bad guy who is RIGHT THERE) are why I completely understand Carol being like 'fuck this you morons, I'm gonna go do something'.

The Whisperers would and should have been done this episode. Instead it's Negan vs Rick idiocy all over again.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Daryl didn't lift a finger against Negan.

No, because he was obedient to Rick but was very resentful towards him. He and Maggie plotted to make a move against Rick because of his coddling of Negan, although of course like many storylines, it just fizzled out. And then Negan escaped.

• Love 2

Michonne went so far as to fight with Maggie to keep him alive, driving Maggie away from her friends and people who loved her and little Hershel. 

I don’t recall them ever fighting, Michonne did try to stop Maggie from entering Negan’s cell, but she acquiesced and let Maggie go in, then we had the silly scene of Maggie throwing a grown man against the wall, she then felt that what he was going through was worse than death, as if, then she left.

Maggie did have Jesus and Daryl on her side, a scene showed the three of them plotting together.

The scene when Rick betrayed pretty much everybody is over on the spoiler /spec page

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Smad said:

When they kept Negan in the jail and Daryl went off and lived by himself for years.  I don't think he was "fine" but of course, the great writers couldn't ever show that.

I don't understand how the Whisperers could get those flaming bladders all the way up to the top of the hill so that they could ignite the house.  It's way too far - they don't even have elastic or rubber any more.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

It's all good.  The more people Carol pisses off the better.

But what the hell has happened to Connie? She seems to be the forgotten one, nobody has even mentioned a desire to go and find her, I’m sure she’ll make a dramatic appearance when she’s finished filming her latest role outside of the WD.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Alpha's death wasn't the least bit satisfying.   She died too quick.  She got off easy.   She should have been made to suffer.

Yeah! Here she is, at the mercy of one of the biggest sadists around and he not only makes it quick, but gently lowers her to the ground so as not to bump her bare noggin as she croaks.

29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Yikes, my mistake.  It would be a lot easier remembering these people if they wore name tags.

I only remembered it was her because of her accent and I think she has a striking face, but even then I couldn't recall her name.

• Love 2

This episode was . . . kind of good? Dare I say? It felt more like old-school WD, in that we had smaller groups of survivors just out there trying to, well, survive. It occurs to me that they should maybe ditch both Alexandria and Hilltop, pare the cast down to a manageable group and return to a formula that worked for them for the first six seasons. Having these big communities and tons of extras and unmemorable characters has changed the whole dynamic of the show.

Thank God Alpha is finally dead. For the record I also would have been fine with Alpha killing Negan. But if they want me to ever be OK with Negan still being on the show, having him kill Alpha did go a long way towards making him less objectionable.

I'm a little disappointed they killed Gamma. I think the show has done a much better job fleshing out that character than most of the other news ones like Magna, Connie, Luke, Kelly and Yumika. And yes, I had to look those names up, which just proves my point. They've never done a good job fleshing out Alden either, and apparently there's a Diane in there somewhere too. If they're going to keep killing off characters we know, they need to do a much better job introducing the new characters and making us care about them. 

Now they just need to get rid of the rest of the Whisperers and never mention them again. The concept is too stupid for words and the sooner it is dispensed with the greater the chance the show could actually improve.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Smad said:

This episode, Enid's boyfriend decides to shoot risen as zombie Gamma (or whatever her name) instead of shooting Beta through the neck who is right there! I'm sorry but that kind of stupid needs to die.

Unfortunately ’that kind of stupid’ keeps appearing in almost every episode, I’ve genuinely thought that the last four episodes have been a huge improvement over what we’ve been given before, yet they seem to have to include an amount of silliness in each episode, if they could eliminate that silliness the whole show would get itself back on  track towards the great show that  I, and most original viewers fell in love with all those years ago.

• Love 5

That said, production should have put makeup on her face to show some bruising, or at least a little blood.

Was thinking same. Come on, show! You CGI in great gobs of blood flying four feet in all directions from a headshot, people bleeding out more blood than a hippo has, yet Carol got socked mighty hard, enough for her teeth to cut her cheek inside her mouth and form one hell of a nasty bruise and swelling, yet nothing. She didn't even fall.

Having Negan beat the crap out of Alpha before killing her would have been hugely controversial.

He didn't have to beat her up. He could have hobbled her and summoned the walkers to tear her apart and give her a taste of her own medicine. But, oh, I forgot. We're supposed to see Negan as a good guy now, so he swiftly and kindly killed her, showing this monster way more compassion than he ever did to anyone else, including a doctor, a young girl and Coral. "Negan, the Merciful!" Sorry, I'm not buying it. Except for the baby killing, he's nearly as monstrous as Awful was.  Maybe his expression of regret was just because there will be no more of those "crass rewards."

If Connie is still alive, she is probably in the nearest Staples in the pocket spiral notepad aisle.  Also worth checking the pen and pencil aisle.

😆

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Smad said:

This episode, Enid's boyfriend decides to shoot risen as zombie Gamma (or whatever her name) instead of shooting Beta through the neck who is right there! I'm sorry but that kind of stupid needs to die.

He obviously learned that from Rick. "Now, Alden - never aim at the guy with the thickest plot armour, no matter how dangerous or evil he may be. If there are no windows around shoot a zombie instead."

• LOL 5
45 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Was thinking same. Come on, show! You CGI in great gobs of blood flying four feet in all directions from a headshot, people bleeding out more blood than a hippo has, yet Carol got socked mighty hard, enough for her teeth to cut her cheek inside her mouth and form one hell of a nasty bruise and swelling, yet nothing. She didn't even fall.

My first thought was that Carol had taken plenty of hits like that from her late husband, so a punch from Yamiko (sp) wasn't going to phase her.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

Alpha's skin is remarkable considering what it usually lives under....

Alpha's skin should definitely be immaculate compared to the rest of the Whisperers, since she seems to wear her mask far less than anyone else.  I like the Whisperers concept, by the way.  It's just the way it's executed that is kind of dumb.

7 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

You have to watch fear the walking dead to know what it's about. I hope they explain further on this show since not everyone watches fear. Answer in spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to know .

Ohhhh okay, thanks for that.  I gave up on that show a long time ago.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It would be a lot easier remembering these people if they wore name tags. 

I would love it if they did this.  Most of the newer characters are completely forgettable, so it's hard to be invested enough to learn their names, let alone remember them.  Gamma was one of the very few I cared about at all, so it was a shame to see her killed off.  I guess Thora Birch is too big an actress to be tied down to something like this for long.   

When Earl first was setting up that spike, I thought he was taking the coward's way out because he was too stressed out, and was going to abandon the kids.  I didn't realize he had been bit.

• Love 2