Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: The Bachelor Party

• Start Topic

If Alexis doesn't want to do PR work anymore, she could always go around and solve Escape Rooms

Alexis trying to copy Moira's accent. No words can describe it.

I think David should try new things. He seems to enjoy it more than he would admit.

Oh no, it's starting to look like they're breaking up the band. John with his motel franchise, Moira and her career and David and his upcoming wedding and now Alexis is considering leaving to bigger things. I mean I get it, she's grown from being a shallow socialite that she wants to fulfill her dream but I don't want her to forget about Schitt's Creek. This town should be their base/home that Alexis can always come back to.

Edited by redfish
  • Love 11

Stevie gets an A+ for the shirt she had made for David (and he was a good sport for actually wearing it in public).

Alexis trying to imitate Moira's enunciation was hilarious!

I loved that David and Stevie ended up getting into the escape room, but even more I loved that Alexis was able to casually use all of her knowledge (making out in Stavros' parents' aviary, her seventh grade friend's back tattoo, her weekend with Tom Hardy) to solve the escape room almost single handedly.

Patrick dorking out over the escape room cracked me up. He is usually so laid back that it was great seeing him get SO excited and fist pumping.

• Love 17

I've never been to an escape room before, but it seems to have become regular fodder for TV show parodies, because this is not the first show I've seen with a similar scenario. Someone gets a group of friends and/or family together to do an escape room and has to practically drag them kicking and screaming because everyone thinks it's stupid or dorky or whatever except for the person who arranged it. Then once the participants start solving it they start getting into it. They did something similar on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, for instance, and that's probably not the only show.

Alexis saying they had to look for Egyptian things like "mummies or Rami Malek" was probably my favorite line. You just know she's got a Rami Malek story to tell.

The other thing that really cracked me up was when Johnny finally got back his phone and there was a voicemail from Moira asking for help getting out of the escape room.

Overall it was sort of a sad little bachelor party for David and Patrick, with only the Roses and Stevie as guests. 

• Love 10

Stevie: putting me in charge of your joint bachelor party was a big mistake.

Patrick: no I'm sure whatever.....David: absolutely!

😂😂😂😂

I'm gonna miss this show

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

They may be setting all the characters up to end up back to square one at the end of the series. The reason I say this is that they were unbelievably obnoxious in this episode and I haven't seen this behavior since season 1.

While it was a poor decision to pick the escape room for the party, the family could of at least pretended to have some fun. Johnny in particular was obnoxious with the phone.

My guess is that they all will be learning a humility lesson soon and go back down to earth for the series conclusion.

• Love 4

Alexis for series MVP! All the characters are great, but it's her evolution I've enjoyed the most. She was even able to put aside her discomfort and horror at it being a Galapagos-themed escape room (!) to get everyone free!

I didn't mind Johnny's phone obsession. He's on the brink of actually being a successful businessman again, it was adorable watching him listen to the message.

The visual of David in the 'I'm Stupid' shirt without Patrick next to him was way funnier than it should have been!

• Love 13

Johnny in particular was obnoxious with the phone.

I found this frustrating because he was expecting a once-in-a-lifetime phone call. He just should have put his foot down and said "Look, I know you are counting on everyone being involved but this is just too important." David's bachelor part < Johnny's financial future.

Moira was the one who was kind of obnoxious since she didn't actually have anything better to do. 

I'm a little confused about what Alexis thinks she's going to do. If she had the talents and wherewithal to go to New York or LA or whatever she's thinking of, to become a publicist or whatever, it seems like she could have done that all along. I understand she's had this character growth over the past five seasons but I honestly don't know if the world at large is going to take her any more seriously than they did before (and if they do, why they would not have before). 

• Love 5

This episode was worth it just to hear Moira say it had been a katzenjammer of a day. That's my new favorite phrase.

I'm a little confused about what Alexis thinks she's going to do. If she had the talents and wherewithal to go to New York or LA or whatever she's thinking of, to become a publicist or whatever, it seems like she could have done that all along. I understand she's had this character growth over the past five seasons but I honestly don't know if the world at large is going to take her any more seriously than they did before (and if they do, why they would not have before). 

From my perspective, the Alexis of season 1 never concerned herself with working for a living. Season 1 Alexis was all about the party, the the high jinks, living in the moment, etc. The old Alexis didn't care that she didn't graduate high school and didn't really connect with her family. It would have never occurred to season 1 Alexis to even want a career, let alone to actually work. I don't think it's all that unrealistic for Alexis to consider leaving town to strike out on her own. She's shown that she's willing to learn, has some talent/savvy for social media and let's be honest: if the hotel financing goes through, she's got a built in client with the Rosebud chain. And I imagine Rose Apothecary won't be far behind because they'll be providing product for all those hotels. You are right that the world at large probably didn't take her seriously before, so she'll have to work for that, but season 6 Alexis is much better positioned for that than season 1 Alexis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

I don't think it's all that unrealistic for Alexis to consider leaving town to strike out on her own. 

I guess not, but realistically she is not well positioned for any sort of career in public relations, unless she can parlay her "success" in the Crows movie premier into something else. Which we all know was a total accident. 

On the other hand, given the constant name dropping she does, it's apparent she knows a shit-ton of celebrities. Maybe she can manage to hoodwink a few of them into hiring her as their publicist.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 9:30 AM, iMonrey said:

I've never been to an escape room before, but it seems to have become regular fodder for TV show parodies, because this is not the first show I've seen with a similar scenario. Someone gets a group of friends and/or family together to do an escape room and has to practically drag them kicking and screaming because everyone thinks it's stupid or dorky or whatever except for the person who arranged it. Then once the participants start solving it they start getting into it. They did something similar on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, for instance, and that's probably not the only show.

Modern Family had an escape room ep also. That and this one I could relate to because I coordinated a visit to one for a team building event at work.  Highly recommended - split everyone into groups, assign them rooms, and turn them loose.

UhLEXus IMiTATing MOIraaaaah....was EXquisite.....my favorite part.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Modern Family had an escape room ep also. That and this one I could relate to because I coordinated a visit to one for a team building event at work.  Highly recommended - split everyone into groups, assign them rooms, and turn them loose.

UhLEXus IMiTATing MOIraaaaah....was EXquisite.....my favorite part.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia also had an escape room plot

I could have listened to Alexis doing that entire script as Moira. Extra hilarious that it was for Larry Air. Extra, extra hilarious that Moira’s pronunciation made it sound more than usual like derrière! 

• Love 4
On March 18, 2020 at 9:26 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved that David and Stevie ended up getting into the escape room, but even more I loved that Alexis was able to casually use all of her knowledge (making out in Stavros' parents' aviary, her seventh grade friend's back tattoo, her weekend with Tom Hardy) to solve the escape room almost single handedly

Kind of like Slumdog Millionaire 

• LOL 1