Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E14: Finale, Part 2

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My teacher gave me a D on a skirt because if she'd given me the F I'd earned, I'd have had to do Home Ec over the next year, and she didn't want to ever see me again.

Thanks for the much-needed laugh! Also, you should apparently apply to be on PR's next season. 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Thanks for the much-needed laugh! Also, you should apparently apply to be on PR's next season. 🤣

You're welcome!

I'm older than Nancy, with NO desire to sew any more.  I did improve, though.  I made all the bridesmaids' dresses for my daughter's wedding, and they turned out very nicely.  And we had a variety of sizes of bridesmaids and one came from out of state, so I only had one day to make hers (needed her there for trying on each step of the way).

• Love 10
On 3/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, AZChristian said:

You're welcome!

I'm older than Nancy, with NO desire to sew any more.  I did improve, though.  I made all the bridesmaids' dresses for my daughter's wedding, and they turned out very nicely.  And we had a variety of sizes of bridesmaids and one came from out of state, so I only had one day to make hers (needed her there for trying on each step of the way).

I'm impressed!  I once had to make my own bride's maid dress as I was the only one who lived out of town and couldn't use the local "seamstress."  It was like making the dress from hell.  I think the fact that the bride (who was genuinely trying to make it not cost us a lot of money) bought a bolt of REALLY cheap polyester from JoAnn fabric didn't make it any easier.  My house was under construction so my "sewing area" was a clean tarp, two saw horses and a door.  The top buttoned up the back, so I'd have to have Mr. Cat pin me in for fittings.  It was August and every time I'd get pinned in to the cheap polyester (bad enough to begin with) I'd get a massive hot flash and start screaming at Mr. Cat to "get it off!!!!"  The ONLY thing that kept that dress from looking like I was the girl who got a D in Home Ec was that I had the foresight to mail it out early and have my sister take it to a dry cleaner and have it professionally pressed.  

• LOL 7

Has Project Runway ever done a bridesmaids challenge? If not, how have they not done it yet? Get a Bridezilla as guest judge, have her dictate some demands, make all her bridesmaid friends walk the runway. Someone will be driven to tears.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Has Project Runway ever done a bridesmaids challenge? If not, how have they not done it yet? Get a Bridezilla as guest judge, have her dictate some demands, make all her bridesmaid friends walk the runway. Someone will be driven to tears.

Especially if Geoffrey is competing.

• LOL 5
On 3/18/2020 at 6:53 AM, AZChristian said:

You're welcome!

If it’s any consolation, while I wasn’t quite failure level, I sucked at sewing. Guess who’s now a high school Home Ec teacher? I tell my students all the time how much I sucked, and remember how it felt to struggle. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I LOVE this idea.  Especially if the bride has chosen one of those colors that only looks good on one of her bridesmaids.  The rest are SOL.

• LOL 2
On 3/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, AZChristian said:

This took me to a flashback of 7th grade Home Ec.  I was the world's worst seamstress.  My teacher gave me a D on a skirt because if she'd given me the F I'd earned, I'd have had to do Home Ec over the next year, and she didn't want to ever see me again.

I've got the all time classic Home Ec story.  High school, freshman year, the old bat teacher (she had to have been 85) told us we had to do all our work in class because she could tell the difference in stitch if we took it home to work on.  I didn't know anything about sewing and everyone in the class did, or said they did, so the teacher taught a more advanced class.  All semester I did nothing but rip seams, because I kept sewing the wrong sides together.  Nobody in my family knew how to sew nor anyone in the neighborhood, so one full semester went by and it was time to present our "creations".  The teacher warned us if we didn't show up for class, no matter the excuse, we would get an "F".  So one student after another goes up to her desk and she reviews their work, and praises them all to the heavens.  Then comes me.  My jumper had no armhole facing, no neck facing, no hem, and no zipper.  All I did was stitch up the shoulders and the sides, LOL.  She looks at it and says "What is this? What is THIS?"  She kept rolling it in a ball and finally threw it back at me.  Yeah, I still got the "F" AND I humiliated myself.  It did work out for me by not staying home because I wound up with perfect attendance through high school...never missed a day all 4 years.  I know it seemed like 20 years later I saw the teacher's obituary.  Couldn't believe it.  She had to be well over 100!    

• Love 9
On 3/13/2020 at 5:08 PM, Brookside said:

Karlie's skirt made me think that's what I would have made when I realized I couldn't sew a waist band so just turned the whole thing inside to hide it.  And I got so sick of looking at her boobage/cleavage during the runway show.

I was the exact opposite--I'm a heterosexual woman but could not stop staring at Karlie's very pretty cleavage!

On 3/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

To me, his attire (tank)demonstrated disrespect for the competition and all those involved. Based on my observations, he was a nice guy, so I don’t get it. Maybe, he thought it made him look cool. IDK, regardless, a turn off. 

I think Geoffrey has struggled his entire life with not fitting in, even in his own home with his military father/conservative family. In my humble opinion, his attire was his way of looking to be accepted, appreciated & loved for exactly who he is, & clothing is part of how he expresses who he is...

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, IslandGirl said:

I was the exact opposite--I'm a heterosexual woman but could not stop staring at Karlie's very pretty cleavage!

I think Geoffrey has struggled his entire life with not fitting in, even in his own home with his military father/conservative family. In my humble opinion, his attire was his way of looking to be accepted, appreciated & loved for exactly who he is, & clothing is part of how he expresses who he is...

I try to look beyond attire and not judge people based on their clothes,, because, not everyone has upscale clothing. But, to me, when you can do better, you should. Especially for special occasions where things are really in your honor.  So.....for him to dress that way to show who he is.....just makes me feel really sad for him.  It would not inspire confidence, but, pity.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3

Victoria was wearing Kheops earrings at the final judging. I bet they were meant to be on one of the models and she was determined to use them even after they told her to drop the branding. Because surely it doesn't count if she's the one wearing it. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Very late to this one, had to find interest to watch it as I wasn't really down for slogging through the 2nd half of a too long finale...

I liked that they got a "seamstress" that was just there to work and wasn't a former contestant. I always hated that part, as the "help" given between each returner was always of a different amount of advantage. Mostly they seemed to not want to really be back and were only there for bonus camera time!

The multi-sleeved outfits I could only think of Dr. Seuss characters wearing them.

All that fringe only made me think of old lampshades... not exactly the 'freshest' detailing from someone who'd been told they 'design old'. He was so proud of himself that he'd shown us all about how the ice caps are melting with his collection was a tell-tale sign he's a wee bit up his own ass. But gratz on the engagement. It can't be easy putting up with someone with THAT many 'causes' that he needs to get behind.

The "branding" from Victoria really did deserve a "Girl you done lost your mind" from Christian. It also hit that "don't give yourself a nickname" issue. I knew she wasn't going to cut the branding out because she clearly LOVED them. The one going across the pleating with the micro-branding all over them like they were watermarks so nobody could rip off her 'look' was especially egregious. Also, no matter who made them she should have ditched the hats and bags, especially the branded bag.

I thought Nancy's were made from pretty fabrics. That was about as far as the 'design' elements went though. That look should have been on less pieces and it would have made a bigger impact.

So basically I'll take the win as dealt out be the judges because I didn't want to see a win that only won due to it's nod to the cause, to the over self-branding of a fashion nobody, or the nod to inclusiveness'. Given that, I'll take Dr. Suess FTW.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2