Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Friends In High Places: Group B Championships

• Start Topic

I am really confounded on who the Kitty is.  

"Babe, I LOVE Taco...wait."  I may have laughed harder than I should have.

I was reading up on some of his exit interviews, and the executive producer of DWTS also runs this, they are shooting at the DWTS stage meaning most of the crew work on both and he had to basically not acknowledge them while under the mask. Tom Bergeron is the one reason I sit through even the WORST seasons. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I was thinking Kitty was Sarah Hyland but now I’m leaning towards Jackie Evancho. She and Robin performed at a tree lighting and fireworks show in 2014. But would the put four professional singers in one group? If it’s Jackie she is really holding back and not showing her full range. 

I really wish we could kick off White Tiger and Taco instead.

This group is so much better the Group A that I am curious to see Group C. Will the quality stay this high or us going to be a letdown?

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Dani said:

I was thinking Kitty was Sarah Hyland but now I’m leaning towards Jackie Evancho. She and Robin performed at a tree lighting and fireworks show in 2014. If it’s Jackie she is really holding back and not showing her full range. 

I still think it's Hyland.  I think whatever connection there is to Robin won't be a direct one.  It will be something that makes sense after the fact and with explanation, but which otherwise won't be a Googleable connection.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I still think it's Hyland.  I think whatever connection there is to Robin won't be a direct one.  It will be something that makes sense after the fact and with explanation, but which otherwise won't be a Googleable connection.

I think Kitty sounds more like Hyland but the clues are a stronger match to Evancho. 

(edited)

I think the Banana is Bill Engvall

The kitty has 2 different colored eyes...if you search that Mila Kunis, Elizabeth Berkley and Kate Bosworth pop up...but I think Berkely at 5’ 9 1/2“ is too tall so...?  Frog is Morris Day from The Time?

Edited by thewarden
  • Love 3

I'm terrible at guessing, although I did get Chaka Kahn and Patti LaBelle!

Is Miss Kitty someone from the Buffyverse? This week's clues mention angel and slay. Amber Benson is an amazing singer and she's written a couple of horror films. I don't know if she's famous enough to be a draw for Masked Singer.

Tom seemed like he had a blast!

13 hours ago, thewarden said:

I think the Banana is Bill Engvall

The kitty has 2 different colored eyes...if you search that Mila Kunis, Elizabeth Berkley and Kate Bosworth pop up...but I think Berkely at 5’ 9 1/2“ is too tall so...?  Frog is Morris Day from The Time?

My husband and I both came up with Morris Day last week.

Banana is definitely Bill Engvall. Blue Collar was a clue and he recently lost his dad, he's become ordained and performed the wedding for his daughter and baptized her child, his first grandchild.  It also sounded like his voice when he was singing.  

I know I'm Frog obsessed, but the last clue they showed before his performance was a tie. Not a regular tie... a (lil) BOWtie.

It's Bow Wow, I know those thighs and that stature from miles away. He definitely knows T-Pain and Nicole. Banana is def Bret, and Kitty has me stumped!

When Taco said he's around a lot of salsa... he meant at work, where they ballroom dance, the Salsa! (and apparently he owns a taco shop)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CleverUserName975 said:

Is Miss Kitty someone from the Buffyverse? This week's clues mention angel and slay. Amber Benson is an amazing singer and she's written a couple of horror films. I don't know if she's famous enough to be a draw for Masked Singer.

I heard angel and horror in the clues and  considered Sarah Michelle Gellar.  I don't know how well she sings though.  Unless Amber has been in something, recently, I don't think anyone on the panel would guess her.  

Elizabeth Banks crossed my mind because she directed Charlie's Angels - the new one that no one ever saw - and someone mentioned bells.  There was some sort of singing group in one of her movies that had the name "bell" in it.  I have no idea if she can sing though. 

8 hours ago, meggonzo said:

Banana is Bret Michaels.  He's trying to mask his voice, but you can still tell it's him.

Now that everyone thinks it is him, I went back to watch and Banana definitely moves just like Bret.  So funny to watch it with him in mind.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

The Banana as Bret Michaels makes sense for the clue package. He has two daughters who would be 20ish and 15ish now.

The oldest one, Raine is a sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

21 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The banana is Brett Michaels. All the clues match plus he said "awesome" and "hang"which are 2 words he always says.

Plus in the board room clue, the guys had horrible hair that looked like a mullet, a combover, and to me it looked like Apprentice- which Brett Michaels won. 

Miss Kitty is an alto. Buffy and Tara are sopranos, so I think SMG and Amber Benson are out. Hyland might be. But Mila Kunis might fit also. She was on 7th Heaven. And she said that she doesn't remember 2nd grade at all. So it was a ghost. I don't know. But I want to know. I don't think she's a singer full time. But she can sing. 

But I was convinced that the Taco was Tim Allen, so not sure. 

If they ever have Dolly in a tomato, I'll know that voice. Or Cher. I think I would know Cher. 

14 hours ago, alexa said:

Now that everyone thinks it is him, I went back to watch and Banana definitely moves just like Bret.  So funny to watch it with him in mind.  

That was me as well. The first time he was on I didn't make a connection with the voice or clues. Then I read a post here about it could be Bret Michaels.  Last week Wednesday when I watched it (he sang Achy Breaky Heart) I could tell it was him. I've seen Poison twice and Bret solo once so I know his moves. 

• Love 3

I am so sure that the banana is Bret Michaels I told my mother I would eat a banana peel if it wasn't. At the end of his song he spoke a word (hallelujah?) and said "woo". It was his voice. I am not proud, but I did watch his show on VH1 years ago and he always would stand with his hands crossed in front of him. He also would extend his arm out and gesture often, just like he did towards the panel. 

• Love 2

At first I was convinced that the Kitty was Mae Whitman from Parenthood and then Sarah Hyland...Until she came back and the voice seemed deeper than her first song. this girl is an alto, like someone said. It didn't click until she sang that Ariana  Grande Song, and it hit me.  There is an actress who co starred and sang with Ariana on Victorious. She is now appearing in Dynasty.  Elizabeth Gillies

14 hours ago, crimson23 said:

At first I was convinced that the Kitty was Mae Whitman from Parenthood and then Sarah Hyland...Until she came back and the voice seemed deeper than her first song. this girl is an alto, like someone said. It didn't click until she sang that Ariana  Grande Song, and it hit me.  There is an actress who co starred and sang with Ariana on Victorious. She is now appearing in Dynasty.  Elizabeth Gillies

I don’t think the Kitty is tall enough to be Elizabeth Gillies. 

Bill Engvall doesn’t have two daughters.  He has a daughter & son.

Banana is definitely Bret.  The frog & Kitty have thrown me off so much.  The taco was Tom Bergeron from Day 1, and he has a great voice, but that song was a bad choice.  Not only did it not fit his style, it’s too old for the audience to really make a connection.  He should’ve done like Gladys, and went with a more modern song.  Or something very timeless, like he did with ‘Fly Me’

(edited)

The Banana is def Bret Michaels!  He ended "Lean on Me" the same way he ends "Something to Believe In": yeah ah yeah ee!

Edited by metalgirl
On 3/5/2020 at 9:16 AM, CleverUserName975 said:

Oooh, interesting guess. Tara and Willow did have a cat named Miss Kitty Fantastico.

• Love 1
On 3/7/2020 at 3:21 PM, CynVicious said:

I am not proud, but I did watch his show on VH1 years ago and he always would stand with his hands crossed in front of him.

I thought the same thing! I remember him hosting some countdown on VH1 and he clasps his hands in the exact same way. His last 2 songs reminded me of moments in some Poison songs too.