Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

My attorney husband read it and agrees with what I previously stated.  They can do whatever they want, legally, because they state it in the Terms and Conditions, which are quoted here, (italics are mine for emphasis):

That very last sentence appears also appears previously in  "Additional Disclaimers", (Section 5).  

I'm not saying they have changed anything, just that they could.  I also maintain that they would, if it served their purposes, which might include making sure a producer favorite won AFP, *coughFrankEudycough*

Okay then!  I guess we have it on authority. :=)

I'm Jewish not as religious as Victoria, but pretty religious. I really don't see the big deal that the finale is on Rosh Hashanah. Last year it was in the beginning of September so it was while the game is going on. I understand they extended the finale, but they told people this could happen before they went on the show. If not being with your family on Rosh Hashanah is such a big deal simple solution don't go on Big Brother.

• Love 11

I'm Jewish not as religious as Victoria, but pretty religious. I really don't see the big deal that the finale is on Rosh Hashanah. Last year it was in the beginning of September so it was while the game is going on. I understand they extended the finale, but they told people this could happen before they went on the show. If not being with your family on Rosh Hashanah is such a big deal simple solution don't go on Big Brother.

I agree.  Asking  CBS to change their scheduling to suit your beliefs would be arrogant and misguided.  I don't think they asked them to do this though.  

Edited by wings707

I agree.  Asking  CBS to change their scheduling to suit your beliefs would be arrogant and misguided.  I don't think they asked them to do this though.  

I don't necessary agree with that.  You could say it would be arrogant and misguided for Christians to do the same thing, but then again no one would ever schedule something during a major Christian holiday.  That's my problem.  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 4

The Terms&Conditions on the online voting are somewhat vague. It simply says there is a maximum of twenty (20) votes per person per day for this voting period, but it doesn't detail its criteria for defining what constitutes a "person". When the AFP voting pitch airs at the end of the broadcast show, however, it is much more specific - the text blurb at the bottom of the screen says 20 votes per IP address per day.

So regardless of how many different CBS accounts/email addresses you're using, you're liable to be limited to twenty votes per computer - or per household, depending on how your home network is configured.

Thank you for this. So it seems I've totally wasted my time voting for Donny 120 times a day, since they have all been from the same computer. Part of me is glad as it's really time consuming lol. 20 votes a day it is.

I don't necessary agree with that.  You could say it would be arrogant and misguided for Christians to do the same thing, but then again no one would ever schedule something during a major Christian holiday.  That's my problem.

So should they just avoid having Big Brother in September? Last year it was in the beginning of the month. Which meant they were competing during it.

• Love 1

ETA: He is Jewish according to Wiki he is. Probably just not as Orthodox as Victoria, though. With this holiday being a major one, you'd think he'd be celebrating it, though.

Well, who knows how religious Victoria is anyway. She is not following kosher law in the house is she? Wasn't there an Orthodox Jewish guy on BB a few years ago who did keep kosher within the house? 

Asking  CBS to change their scheduling to suit your beliefs would be arrogant and misguided.  I don't think they asked them to do this though.

It wouldn't be misguided if you signed up to be on BB after being told the finale would be before the Jewish holidays and they changed the date while you were still in the house. 

That's like signing up for anything and told you would be home for Christmas holidays and after you signed up and entered a game, they told you... oops, we extended the show and you will be inside the house on Christmas day,

Edited by DakotaLavender

Cody seriously needs to see a barber/hair stylist asap after he returns to NJ. That poor guy's hair has been butchered the entire season.

No kidding!  I think Derrick did that to him early on in the game.  It's not that noticeable to me when he has his shirt off (heh0 but with a shirt on and no hat - it's really really bad. 

Isn't the head of CBS, Les Moonves Jewish?

ETA: He is Jewish according to Wiki he is. Probably just not as Orthodox as Victoria, though. With this holiday being a major one, you'd think he'd be celebrating it, though. 

But Les Moonves celebrating a high holiday doesn't really have anything to do with the cast of BB.  Kind of like when I've had to work on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas you can bet the CEO is  home celebrating with his family.  

I guess I think if it was a really big deal for Victoria or her family she wouldn't have signed the contract. By agreeing she decided doing this was a priority this year.  That's okay.  I haven't heard her complain about it more than normal wondering - but maybe she has? 

I have voted for Donny 40 times Wed. through Sat. so far (used 2 diff email accounts from same IP address) and will add 80 more between tomorrow and Monday.  That's 240 Donny votes, so some of you who couldn't do a complete 20 can take credit for some of mine : )

I wonder if the email/IP combo is a wrinkle TPTB didn't consider.... ;)

Well, who knows how religious Victoria is anyway. She is not following kosher law in the house is she? Wasn't there an Orthodox Jewish guy on BB a few years ago who did keep kosher within the house? 

She was on a kosher diet (I remember her explaining it to the other hgs) in the beginning anyway and BB was accommodating it, just as they accommodated Frankie's fake reasons for being a pescetarian, and Christine being gluten free.      I don't know if she kept it up or not though. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

It's why I've been voting from different devices and locations. They are tricky because they like to say the amount of votes received so the show seems super popular but they don't say how many of those votes actually counted. Been doing 140 daily for Donny.

The whole point of BB is TO WIN. So if you get to the end and you make loyalty a priority instead of keeping your eye on the prize, you deserve to lose. 

Ivette made the mistake in season 6 of taking Maggie to f2 and Maggie won. Even Ivette's mother indicated Ivette was foolish to do that. She said "You are there to win, not to make friends." 

THIS!  This right here is why I have absolutely no animosity toward Derrick for his manipulations, lies, comp throwing and even his "You're taking food out of my baby's mouth."  Half-a-million dollars is nothing to sneeze at and if I'm going to invest 3 months of my life in that boring, nasty, dirty, stinky hell hole with people I may or may not particularly like with zero connection to the outside world and a very young daughter who is developing and changing every day, changes I'll never experience, you'd better believe I'd pull every trick in the book to win.  Yes, he's playing undercover cop  to win and I say, "Go for it!"  Hell yeah I'd take Victoria to the end to ensure my win and Cody would just have to get over it.

Could somebody please tell me how to make the little tm sign?  Thanks!

HOLLER!!

• Love 10

Thank you for this. So it seems I've totally wasted my time voting for Donny 120 times a day, since they have all been from the same computer. Part of me is glad as it's really time consuming lol. 20 votes a day it is.

Well... if it's not giving you the "You've used up all your votes today" pop-up, then it's probably still counting them. They may be simply counting how many times an account is voting from a given IP, and blocking that one account when it hits its 20 votes.

THIS!  This right here is why I have absolutely no animosity toward Derrick for his manipulations, lies, comp throwing and even his "You're taking food out of my baby's mouth."  Half-a-million dollars is nothing to sneeze at and if I'm going to invest 3 months of my life in that boring, nasty, dirty, stinky hell hole with people I may or may not particularly like with zero connection to the outside world and a very young daughter who is developing and changing every day, changes I'll never experience, you'd better believe I'd pull every trick in the book to win.  Yes, he's playing undercover cop  to win and I say, "Go for it!"  Hell yeah I'd take Victoria to the end to ensure my win and Cody would just have to get over it.

HOLLER!!

1. I absolutely agree.

2. Open parenthesis-tm-close parenthesis.

• Love 3

It wouldn't be misguided if you signed up to be on BB after being told the finale would be before the Jewish holidays and they changed the date while you were still in the house. 

That's like signing up for anything and told you would be home for Christmas holidays and after you signed up and entered a game, they told you... oops, we extended the show and you will be inside the house on Christmas day,

Yep, it was Andrew Gordon who was on BB12.  He remember he got slop that was only for him that was certified kosher.  

I agree about the change of date of the finale as well.  I think someone said that they knew the contract extended to a certain date, but they thought the finale was not on Rosh Hashanah.  Victoria may be willing to be in the house or to be on under contract, but having the finale on that holiday is kind of different and they changed that while they were in the house.  I knew I read that Victoria wondered if her family is going to choose to come because of the change in date and that's really unfortunate.  

Apparently, according Jokester's Cody is worried what Jeff Schroeder will think of him after the game. Seriously? First, he has a crush on Zac Efron & now Jeff Schroeder. So, Cody is gay, right?

I'm pretty sure I've heard half the house, or more, at one point or another hoping that Jeff would like them or making mention of how important Jeff's opinion of them would be. Really? Of all people? Jeff? Of course, I'm biased because I'm not a Jeff fan. The Jeff and Jordan half hour engagement special the other week (wait, that was supposed to be just a regular BB episode? Could've fooled me) was probably the low point of the season for me. 

• Love 3

Cody has a comb over fade, it's not something I would personally get but it's in style, thing is that haircut requires a good barber and Derrick is most definitely not one.

Are you kidding? Right now, he's the best barber in the House! ;)

• Love 2

No kidding!  I think Derrick did that to him early on in the game.  It's not that noticeable to me when he has his shirt off (heh0 but with a shirt on and no hat - it's really really bad. 

But Les Moonves celebrating a high holiday doesn't really have anything to do with the cast of BB.  Kind of like when I've had to work on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas you can bet the CEO is  home celebrating with his family.  

I guess I think if it was a really big deal for Victoria or her family she wouldn't have signed the contract. By agreeing she decided doing this was a priority this year.  That's okay.  I haven't heard her complain about it more than normal wondering - but maybe she has? 

That's true about Les, but since he's married to Julie, he'd probably want her home for the holiday even though she may or may not be Jewish. I'm sure he'd like to have the entire family present. 

I agree with Nashville. If you aren't getting the "You've used your 20 votes. Come back tomorrow", then you should be okay. I can only vote under my name with one email address, but I also vote using two family member's email addresses.

Edited by Sammich63
  • Love 2

I vote on one computer with two different email addresses.  When I've finished my first 20 votes, it tells me I've used all my votes.  I then have to log off, log back on, put in my second email address and am allowed to vote 20 more times.  I'm sure its counting all 40 votes; at least I hope so because I'm going to continue doing it. 

• Love 4

It probably is counting all the votes, but there's a chance the extra votes could be thrown out. I mean honestly, at the end of the day, as some others have pointed out, they can do whatever the hell they want. 

I think Donny will win AFP though with actual votes, but even if he doesn't get them he's probably who Production would give the win to at this point anyway.

• Love 3

FYI - I'm camping out in the woods this weekend.

But still checking in whenever I can get a signal.

Obsessive?

Nooooo, not at all....

Ahhhhh to be in nature is grand!  You have movies on your Ipad, right?  

Cody has been worried about what Jeff thinks of his game all season. It's pretty funny considering Jordan's favorite is Donny. He is the only both Jeff & Jordan both took a photo with when he did his Jeff chat. Also, I think Victoria has been eating vegetarian. Donny was asking her some questions about Israel to start conversation and she seemed pretty clueless since he was asking basic questions.

Cody has a comb over fade, it's not something I would personally get but it's in style, thing is that haircut requires a good barber and Derrick is most definitely not one.

Oh.  Okay.   Thanks willpwr!  I guess I'm not up on my men's hairstyles.  I did a google image search for 'comb over fade' to see what it's supposed to look like and you are right, Cody needs a good barber to clean that up.

HOLLER!!

I could not have said it better.  Thunderous applause and standing ovation! 

• Love 4

What Victoria should be doing is PLAYING THE GAME and getting in Cody's head about jury votes if he faces Derrick. She was OK with being evicted when she was in the chair against Frankie and Caleb, so I don't get where these tears over no F2 with Derrick are coming from. In any case, the game ain't over, warrior princess, so get to work. If she would at least try, I'd have some respect for her. But this attitude that she had ANYTHING to do with surviving in the house is sad and ridiculous.

• Love 6

What Victoria should be doing is PLAYING THE GAME and getting in Cody's head about jury votes if he faces Derrick. She was OK with being evicted when she was in the chair against Frankie and Caleb, so I don't get where these tears over no F2 with Derrick are coming from. In any case, the game ain't over, warrior princess, so get to work. If she would at least try, I'd have some respect for her. But this attitude that she had ANYTHING to do with surviving in the house is sad and ridiculous.

Her tears are about loving Derrick and reaizing her fantasies are being dashed..  Finding out about the Hit Men, did her in.  She thought she was special and now sees she is not #1 in his heart or game.  This has devastated her. She desperately wants him to tell her that he is taking her to the end but he will not promise.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

She isn't going to do this. I think she wants Derrick to win the money more then her. I think she knows if she does make F2 she would get 2nd place. And if Derrick is first that is great, but no way does she want to get 2nd if Cody gets first because then Derrick gets nothing.

Side note I usually watch the feeds on my IPad but have been having problems the last day or 2 anyone else having this problem? And if so how did you fix it. If you did fix it.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 2

Well, from what I understand, from having several Jewish friends of various flavors, there's kosher, then there's kosher. One is more casual, no pork, no mixing of dairy and meat, mostly trying to select pareve marked products at the store, etc. but with judicious selections still able to eat out and go to picnics etc. Then there's the hardcore Orthodox kosher, where very strict rules are observed like separate pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and appliances that can touch dairy, and a whole 'nother set for everything else, only eating food marked as pareve, etc. My most flexible Jewish co-worker once totally confused a cafeteria cook by asking if those pork chops were kosher as he accepted a big plate over the service counter.

I know Victoria's family is extremely orthodox, and therefore must keep the highest kosher standards, but I don't see how she could possibly have followed those strictures in the house. Unless she ate only cold packaged tuna and veggies and fresh, whole fruit, and used disposable plates, utensils and cups like my ultra orthodox co-worker had to when we were on a business trip together.

And...holeeee cow you guys. I know y'all have gone and on and on about how all the hamsters are "literally" this and "literally" that, but until last night's clip show, I had no appreciation for how relentless it was. I do love those editor-monkeys, you know they were snickering when they chose all those "literal" clips.

• Love 1

She isn't going to do this. I think she wants Derrick to win the money more then her. I think she knows if she does make F2 she would get 2nd place. And if Derrick is first that is great, but no way does she want to get 2nd if Cody gets first because then Derrick gets nothing.

Wow. That sounds about right. Wow.

I am taking some glee in watching Victoria being so relentless in her wanting to understand why Derrick isn't taking her to f2 and watching Derrick trying not to lose his cool and just telling her to shut the f up.

And Derrick and Cody have to put up with her non stop (unless they try to sleep 24/7) til next Wednesday.  Tee hee

• Love 4

She is now upset because the Hitmen have a name. She's not upset that they have a final 2 deal together but that they named it. This girl is unreal.

I can kinda understand that.  If Derrick and Cody named their F2 alliance and she and Derrick didn't name their F2 alliance, then which one is more legit and more important to Derrick?  

• Love 4

Yeah, exactly. It is a sign that his deal with Cody is more solid than his deal with her. And therefore, when you find out you've been betrayed like that, what do you do? Do you try to play the game and try to convince Cody that he should take you over Derrick? Or do you cry and suck up to the guy who just clearly betrayed you? We all know which one Victoria is going with. 

• Love 6
Derrick has gone too far with Victoria and even though he sees that now he cannot stop.  His ass has been bitten.  He should have walked away from that conversation long before he did.   Go to bed, claim a headache, anything.

He emphasizes the 'little sister" title way too often for me to believe he does not sense she is in love with him.   He is not going to socialize with her outside this game and he knows it.  His wife sees the bigger picture and will not want him to continue contact.  She knows he is not interested in her beyond the game so no jealously there but why on earth would she want to associate with a woman who is clearly smitten with her man?   

Yeah, Derrick tries too hard to "win" every challenge in life and to have it all ways all the time. I wouldn't go so far as to say Victoria is "in love" with Derrick, but she is clearly overly attached to him and has unrealistic/inappropriate expectations about what their relationship will be after the show. I blame Derrick for that more than I blame her. Technically, he hasn't done anything wrong and he's just trying to win $500K, etc., etc., but if I were Derrick's wife I wouldn't be happy with how he has developed his relationship with Victoria. (With that being said, I realize that Derrick's wife and I are very different people (no knock on her) and that she is likely fine with Derrick's behavior at the end of the day and that's what he is/should be concerned with, not what I think.) IMO, though I don't think Derrick has any real desire to have sex with Victoria or anything like that, he has enjoyed her fawning over him, her docility, etc. and he has intentionally played on that and encouraged her crush/infatuation/dependence/whatever, both for game reasons and because he liked having her around on some level.

Derrick has said things before about how he thinks there is something "more" to Victoria.  I think he might be projecting a bit, since he is hiding so much of his life from them, he thinks other people are doing the same.  Now, I really cannot be sure that there is not a lot more to Victoria then what we are seeing, but... I really don't think there is.  She says silly things about being tough or a "warrior princess" (even if DR gave her those words, I think she thinks there is truth behind them).  I don't see her as a strong, empowered woman in her day-to-day life, but I think Derrick thinks there is this strong person there that he can't see in the game.

My point is that I think he does want to remain friends with her, but really, what does that even mean?  They live far apart, have completely different lifestyles, etc.  Sure they will text or maybe even visit (but how awkward, right?!? Is she going to go stay at his house with his family?  Yeah, no.) Either way, they will be friends, but it's going to be an odd adjustment for her when she's no longer the #1 or even #5 woman in his life.

I remember a conversation in which Victoria was talking about Derrick and his family coming to visit her/her family at some specific time. It seemed that she and Derrick had talked about him coming to FL to see her then. She was saying that it would be great if her sister could come down at the same time because her sister's kid is Tenley's age, but, really, there was no way her sister would come at that time. It struck me at the time because I know that Derrick knows that there's no way his wife (or he) would want to spend a vacation going to see Vic and her family. He bullshitted the guys similarly about them all hanging out after the show, but I saw one conversation where he was telling Frankie that there was no way he'd be going to clubs or whatever with the guys, but he could see him and his wife going to NYC and meeting Frankie for dinner/a Broadway show. Derrick tells them all whatever they want to hear. I believe that he truly likes some/many of these people (it would be hard to fake being everyone's BFF if he didn't really like/care about them on some level), but he is absolutely not caught up in the magic of any of these relationships and he hasn't flinched over cutting any of them. I think he will keep in touch as it's convenient after the show, which will probably end up being occasional texts/tweets/FB messages/emails with most of them.

• Love 8

I agree, TheRealT. Him and Zach used to talk about playing video games together, and that seemed plausible.  This family vacation talk is nonsense though.  I mean, how many vacations do people with young children actually take? Few. And they are certainly not going to spend theirs visiting a random family that only one of them knows.  Maybe Derrick's family would go to the beach somewhere in Florida and Vic could go meet them for a day.

I'm actually surprised how much Britney has jumped into the BB world.  She seems to be hanging out with reality TV people almost all of the time and has even gone to Vegas maybe?  Amber also has done meet-ups with people.  Here's a question to discuss, since nothing is going on anyway... do you think the recruits are more likely to get involved in the after-show stuff more than the fans of the show?  What was Rachel's deal?  She to me is the biggest example of trying to turn Former Reality TV Contestant into a career.

• Love 1

Jeff is the biggest example to me. Dude's even getting married to extend his fame as long as he can. 

I think people who are recruited are often the types of people who like to party period, so that's why you'll see so many recruits embrace the "party afterlife" aspect of the show. Kristen was like that last season (I presume she was a recruit - I actually don't know for sure). 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

I'm actually surprised how much Britney has jumped into the BB world.  She seems to be hanging out with reality TV people almost all of the time and has even gone to Vegas maybe?  Amber also has done meet-ups with people.  Here's a question to discuss, since nothing is going on anyway... do you think the recruits are more likely to get involved in the after-show stuff more than the fans of the show?  What was Rachel's deal?  She to me is the biggest example of trying to turn Former Reality TV Contestant into a career.

The funny thing is Britney has been hanging out with Cody's brother and Cody has said on the feeds he does not want to keep in touch with Britney. I don't see Derrick hanging out with these people unless he has a major mid life crisis after the season has ended. I could Donny keeping in touch with the people he was close with. I know Paola mentioned Donny wanted to see her DJ.  But I don't see anyone really keeping in contact unless it is outside group text messages/Reality events.

ETA About the Recruits/Fans I don't think there is a difference. Look at McCrae who has a booking thing on his Twitter. While someone like Jordan who was recruited has said openly she does not like hanging out with the reality tv crowd. The only people her and Jeff talk too  outside of Big Brother are Russell, Casey and Laura. They both keep in touch with Amazing Race people far more regularly.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

I agree with you,  TheRealT.  i do think Victoria is "in love"  though.  That has become a broad spectrum term since the birth of reality TV.  The love feels very real at the time. No one will convince me that she does not have erotic dreams about him!   Whatever is going on in her head (scary place) it feels like love to her, she has all the symptoms.  

Derrick will keep in touch with texts and email with some but that will fade in time.  His life isn't set up to do more, nor does he have that inclination. 

Victoria is driving him nuts!  No wonder. . 

• Love 3

I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question....sorry but I have a brain tumor and have been sick and treatments and pain meds make me super tired so even when I catch up on BBAD I miss some stuff.

I watched it this morning....I didn't get why Victoria was crying and when they called her into the DR Derrick an Caleb were talking about her being done. What was that about? I apologize if this has been gone over a few times...I will do my best to keep up!

Thanks guys!!

Derrick, get up and walk away from her now.   Stop talking!  You are not going to make any headway and you have 3 days left!  What is wrong with him?  Cody is getting angry enough to set her straight.  Ohhhhhhh, goody.  Maybe we will have a fight!

Well, Derrick wondered if there was more to Victoria and he is seeing it now.  The spoiled princess who badgers her prey until she gets her way with needling, tears and histrionics.  Wheeee, here we go to a 3 day melt down.  She will be too busy on Wednesday to continue.  She has make up and another gaudy frock to don. 

• Love 3

Please remember that this thread is for live feed discussion, and not Jewish holidays, how your friends celebrate those holidays, etc. Moreover, I would ask that we keep AFP discussion to a minimum, unless it somehow relates to the live feeds. Telling everyone you've voted for Donny 900 times over the last 10 minutes doesn't particularly relate to the live feed, especially considering he's not, y'know, in the house anymore. Thanks!

• Love 3

I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question....sorry but I have a brain tumor and have been sick and treatments and pain meds make me super tired so even when I catch up on BBAD I miss some stuff.

I watched it this morning....I didn't get why Victoria was crying and when they called her into the DR Derrick an Caleb were talking about her being done. What was that about? I apologize if this has been gone over a few times...I will do my best to keep up!

Thanks guys!!

Scroll up this thread to the long post from TheReaT  and read down from that, it will catch you up on Vic's tears and the current situation.