Type keyword(s) to search

Season 16 Live Feed Discussion: Keeping an Eye Out

• Start Topic

What Fucking Grodner should have done, since TA was supposed to be "in an alliance" with America, was tell all three of them very early that, if they were the final three, then each one got a bonus equal to double whatever TA cash they had earned all season. Derrick's greed and overwhelming need to stuff food in his daughter's mouth would have meant that he decreed that TA actual be a real, secret alliance, instead of a whimsical way for select hamsters to earn extra cash/Fucking Grodner to reward her pets. This blows. If it's true, it's disgusting.

• Love 6

This is far from the biggest example of rigging in BB history, so I can't do much more than laugh and say, "Oh, so THAT'S how they're going to rig it this year. I see."

I agree.  The immediate outrage you just read was the notion that they both had to be there in F2.  That misunderstanding caused 2 pages of outrage, as well it should have.  Since that is not the case, it turned out to be a big fat nothing.  No rigging at all.  

• Love 1

If yer addicted to the forum raise yer hand (clap,clap)

If yer addicted to the forum raise yer hand (clap,clap)

If yer addicted to the forum, yet the program's awfully borin',

If yer addicted to the forum, raise yer hand (clap, clap)

Waving both hands - completely addicted!

• Love 19

What Fucking Grodner should have done, since TA was supposed to be "in an alliance" with America, was tell all three of them very early that, if they were the final three, then each one got a bonus equal to double whatever TA cash they had earned all season. Derrick's greed and overwhelming need to stuff food in his daughter's mouth would have meant that he decreed that TA actual be a real, secret alliance, instead of a whimsical way for select hamsters to earn extra cash/Fucking Grodner to reward her pets. This blows. If it's true, it's disgusting.

I agree that that would have been very interesting, but even there, I figure Derrick and Donny would have eventually gone against each other. 

As for this latest rigging, it's actually a pretty soft rigging. If Derrick thinks his chances of winning $500,000 are hurt by this, he just won't do it. I think he's cocky enough that he CAN win the $550,000 by bringing Frankie along so he WILL do it, but there's no guarantee that this rigging will work. That is a big step-up from stuff like the Cootie Taw. 

• Love 1

I actually was fine with Derrick winning, but not now. I wonder how previous season's winners feel about this latest twist. If they don't have AFP, I will be so pissed. This season has two favorites in Donny and Zach, who should be splitting this additional $50K. When we voted for TA, we barely knew these HGs. I did vote for all three, but I sure regret not voting for Donny, Zach and Nicole instead. I've never really had true faves until this season, so that is probably partly why I am so bothered.

• Love 6

Here's what was said:

1:29 TA talks about extra 50K to winner if a TA member wins. Transcript follows - LiZinTeXaS Report Update
D: Doesn't change anything we still have to get there
F:more so now that ever this is affirmation they have seen how hard we've worked
D; Yeah cuz they (America) chose that.
We got to get there though -more pressure. Doesn't change anything still going to be difficult to get there but we can do it and if we get there together we guarantee one of us wins an extra 500/550 thousand dollars (just saying IF they get there together one will win extra 50k for first place) I could win 50k (2nd place)the thing is we can't control the 50K (who gets 2nd place) the jury is going to decide so there is nothing we can do to increase the odds we've already played the game at this point if they are bitter they are bitter
F: They love us, they love us together
D: oh America?
F: Yes. It is the biggest thing ever to happen in the history of BB

D: this is in addition to the money we already won we are probably going to be around 575k (winner) it is mind boggling but we go to get there
F: today is an important day
D: it starts tonight one of us has to win the veto
F: OMG
D: but if Cody wins it he is going to keep the noms the same he is not going to pull a fast one and put me up there next to you - Caleb same thing
F: Apparently I am the only one who would do that
D: Yes you are that is why I don't trust you , that is why I went to Caleb and tried to get you out with Cody, second time I have done that now (joking)
F: My God, then Caleb has to go next week then because there is no option
D: Yeah I agree. I think he (Caleb) is a great kid he just doesn't think he can beat you. That's it, that is the only thing
F: So he has to go next week
D: He likes you Frankie, he really does. I could be wrong outside but I just think in his defense he wants the money and he knows he can't beat you
F: I don't know why he knows that but
D: I understand where you're coming from because you look at it like I look at it. You think I could win it. Well I think you can win it. So you can't think to yourself 'I got this" because you always concentrate on the negatives like I do the things you've done wrong but there is one thing you can not take away from you -comp wins. And a lot of the times that is what it comes down to so he (Caleb) is doing the math and seeing..do I think he feels more confidant about beating you this week than last week absolutely which can be a good thing for you if I get nicked off-but i know this week by his always trying to one up you when you talk about comps he's always trying to downgrade your comps- he doesn't think he can beat you. Whether he can or not I don't know. I think he is well liked. If one of us doesn't make it (to F2) we would have to crush him in 3 minutes (speeches to jury) because they won't know who is telling the truth. (In other words the only way for one of us to win the game and the extra 50k is to beat Caleb in the end)

So due to the bolded areas I HATE this "twist" or whatever you want to call it because it inflates an ego that needs no inflating and implies something that is not true (because America did not vote).

Edited by AndreaK1041
  • Love 4

I think Franke's crying because he thinks this $50,000 means we voted to give them more money - i.e. we love them. They seem to be viewing it as an advance fan favorite prize. So now they STILL don't know that we hate them.

This latest TA mission is so weird. Isn't one person supposed to get the envelope and let the other TA member know what was in it? Why is the diary room talking to both of them?

I've thought this for a long time, but I think reality shows try to have a disliked person win. There must be some statistics that show audiences are more likely to tune in to make sure the villain loses than the are to see their favorite win. It's the only thing that makes sense because every year here we are...

Bingo on the bold!  T

This isn't a mission, it is just a prize probably because they pulled off some tasks and it is a way to expose the TA missions in the finale.  Nothing more than that.   It gives TA more weight for future BBs.  Incentive to be likable, smart and charismatic out of the gate, perhaps.  Who knows and I don't care, it changes nothing.  FRANKIE out next as planned!  Carry on HGs!  

• Love 1

OMG - you have to go to this Jokers link and read the convo between Frankie and Derrick.  It's too long to copy and paste. Frankie is deliriously delusional about how much America lurves them!

Lol--I was just about to bring this part over:

F: They love us, they love us together

D: oh America?

F: Yes. It is the biggest thing ever to happen in the history of BB

Too, too funny.

• Love 1

Since Grodner apparently just pulled this out of her ass (if it was part of the TA concept it should have been disclosed to all, and early, not when one was finally in danger at the hands of the other,) I am now Team Anyone-But-Derrick-or-Frankie. Suck it Grodner. Go Victoria!

• Love 7

Thanks AndreaK1040,  Derrick is working it.  Love it!  Game on, as usual.  I am in the court of wanting Derrick to win this.  Donny for favorite. Zack is a character but he did more to screw things up than not!  Not a favorite of mine. 

• Love 2

I really hope Derrick is just playing Frankie. I'm also very sad I'll likely not be able to see the look on his face when he finds out America had no say and was in fact blindsided by this "mission."

• Love 2

Jokers: F: I think that's how the card should have been written honestly.

Last line of a long convo.  Seems there was a TA card in the DRs. The problem is that there was  just no "America" in Team America this time.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1

Funny comment from FORT: "Next year they can just line them up and shoot everyone but the anointed one, then give HIM the money..." Yeah, except for the part where CBS loses out on three month's worth of advertising revenue. The effect would still be same though if they're pulling what they appear to be pulling for Frankie. It'll be telling if Derrick starts re-working on Caleb and/or Cody or if the POV competition ends up being yet another easy win for Frankie.

• Love 1

I'm thinking Derrick should not want to win the veto comp tonight.

If he wins the veto he'll have to pull Frankie off, whether he wants to or not.  If he doesn't save Frankie, he'll poison the jury against Derrick.  If D. really wants to go F2 with Frankie, it's not a big deal, but I can't tell when D. is blowing smoke.  If one of the others wins veto (not F.) and leaves him on the block, Derrick can say he did all he could for Frankie but the votes were against him.

• Love 1

I was first outraged by this new turn of events.( As evidenced by my previous post) But now that I've had some time to calm down and read more about it. I think that if either TA player wins they get an extra 50K. It didn't mean they have to be Final 2. I think Derrick is just saying that so Frankie stays calm and doesn't screw him in the end since Frankie is obessed with TA. I think if Frankie doesn't win the Veto. Derrick will cut him.

Derrick is just covering his bases just incase.

I'm gonna go with that theory for now. So I don't really freak out about it.

• Love 3

I thought Team America missions were supposed to be something voted on by you know...America.  Bull to the shit if this turns out to be an actual, legit thing.  Derrick was hell bent on trying to get Frankie out, but the idea of 50K to put in his daughter's mouth, I am not sure he can turn that idea down.  Blergh.  

• Love 5

If he wins the veto he'll have to pull Frankie off, whether he wants to or not.  If he doesn't save Frankie, he'll poison the jury against Derrick.  If D. really wants to go F2 with Frankie, it's not a big deal, but I can't tell when D. is blowing smoke.  If one of the others wins veto (not F.) and leaves him on the block, Derrick can say he did all he could for Frankie but the votes were against him.

The plan is for any of them to win and leave the nominations the same.  They have already told Frankie the lie that he is a pawn and Victoria will go.  No worries there.   

• Love 1

I was first outraged by this new turn of events.( As evidenced by my previous post) But now that I've had some time to calm down and read more about it. I think that if either TA player wins they get an extra 50K. It didn't mean they have to be Final 2. I think Derrick is just saying that so Frankie stays calm and doesn't screw him in the end since Frankie is obessed with TA. I think if Frankie doesn't win the Veto. Derrick will cut him.

Derrick is just covering his bases just incase.

I'm gonna go with that theory for now. So I don't really freak out about it.

It doesn't make sense if it's a TEAM America task that only one has to make it there. It has to be both. Just like the million dollar pairs twist in BB6. 

• Love 1

Julie's after interview is VERY brief so it would not have been that satisfying.  What you want to see would require cameras following him around after he is out.  BUT! But, his need for media attention is so acute that he will be reaching out to talk to the world.  Interviewers will not have to hunt him down.  We will know! 

Oh no worries, Frankie is a social media mogul -  don't you know - and his own camera man for his youtube channel.  

And I have to say that this game is so much more pleasant to follow as I do not like anyone particularly who are left.   I don't love seeing people I like get ignored or minimized.   Oh yeah, and Christine is gone.   She seemed fine to me in the jury house.  They just showed the choice bits for our viewing pleasure, but I honestly think by now she is doing fine in jury.  In fact, everyone seemed to be doing fine in the jury house.   Oh, but just between you and me - I can't stand Zach!   Never could.   But to each his own favorite.  

Yep, I think Christine "got it."   She was evicted and booed and then was met with disinterest at the jury house.  She faced what she called "one of the most awkard moments of her life" and I think owned it when she told the cameras she did somethings wrong.  She's a 23 year old girl who made mistakes but I never saw any of the arrogance in her that I saw in most of the cast last year. 

I just had a horrible thought. What if Derrick wins Veto and takes Frankie off the block. I couldn't stomach that.

That's exactly what this bonus incentive will do, in my opinion.  What gets me is Donny, also a member of Team America had the same idea - come up with a way to keep him from being evicted!  But no, we got a stupid skit or whatever the hell that was, instead.   So now, the show comes up with a Team America idea that will help persuade Derrick (favored to win the Veto with his photographic memory) to use the veto on Frankie and guarantee Frankie's safety.  Ugh.

On a lighter note, last night during Frankie and Derrick's pool game (where Derrick was trying to convince Frankie that he would not vote for anyone that took Victoria to F2)  Frankie mentioned that he and Derrick had a lot in common (huh?) including being the same age -ish.  The "ish" part was tacked on, lol.  Derrick said he turned 30 this year and Frankie confirmed that he will be 29 in "literally" four months.  Okay Frankie, that's just dumb. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

This whole thing is so weird -why are they offering the TA 'winner' more bonus money than AFP is, typically, when they've already won, what 25K(?) for screaming about rats, hiding clothes, etc.  Seriously?  It seems like such a "fuck you" to all the non-TA players AND America's Favorite Player - which "America", ya know, actually chooses?  And why did they present this to them as a TA mission, when the A part of TA is clueless about this?  I can't figure out production's motivation for this... 

The production conspiracy theories are way more fun than the actual show...finally, something interesting!!

• Love 1
It doesn't make sense if it's a TEAM America task that only one has to make it there. It has to be both. Just like the million dollar pairs twist in BB6.

And the coaches' twist in BB14. If a coach made it to the end with one of his or her players, the coach was rewarded extra money. The coach and his or her players were a team.

So due to the bolded areas I HATE this "twist" or whatever you want to call it because it inflates an ego that needs no inflating and implies something that is not true (because America did not vote).

And THIS is what I think has led Frankie to a state of 'bliss' - he is under the impression that 'America' chose this mission:  He has no way of knowing this is all AG's doing.  And the 'Overwhelming No' has been rattling around in his head, as have other little 'clues' that his ego will not allow him to process 'correctly.'  So this is the very tiny thread that his ego needs for the 'validation' - in HIS mind - that America 'loves' him.  He has no way, at this point, of knowing this had NOTHING to do with America and their choice - it's some freakish attempt by Grodner to 'hail mary' her failure of a season.  But Frankie's incorrect, although understandable, conclusion America had something to do with this is what he needed to feed his massively starved ego the nourishment it needed.

Edited by BeatrixK
  • Love 4

Apparently Shelly Moore tweeted Chris Roach one of the producers this:

@ShellyMooreBB13: Did I read correctly that the @CBSBigBrother DR told Frankie and Derrick they would get n extra 50k if the make it to final 2? Fair? Not!

He answered:

@CM_Roach: @ShellyMooreBB13 That is not correct.

So I'm assuming if any of the TA people win they get an extra 50K.

Derrick is gonna cut him if Frankie doesn't win Veto. He isn't keeping him around.

Maybe this new sense of euphoria that Frankie has will make him too calm and he won't win the Veto.

Or if Derrick doesn't want to piss off Frankie and still get him out. He better hope and pray Victoria wins the veto. Yeah he gets put on the block, but Cody and Victoria aren't going to vote to keep Frankie. That keeps the blood off his hands.

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

That doesn't help, because the tweeted question is not the correct scenario. She asked the question wrong. It's that the winner gets an extra 50K if they are in F2 together, not that they both get 50k if they both get to the end. Boo! Wrong premise asked!

Apparently Shelly Moore tweeted Chris Roach one of the producers this:

@ShellyMooreBB13: Did I read correctly that the @CBSBigBrother DR told Frankie and Derrick they would get n extra 50k if the make it to final 2? Fair? Not!

He answered:

@CM_Roach: @ShellyMooreBB13 That is not correct.

So I'm assuming if any of the TA people win they get an extra 50K.

Derrick is gonna cut him if Frankie doesn't win Veto. He isn't keeping him around.

Maybe this new sense of euphoria that Frankie has will make him too calm and he won't win the Veto.

I think Derrick made this up to keep Frankie thinking that he tried to save him. This way when Frankie goes to Jury he would not be mad at D and try to get him votes. Otherwise why did they not tell Frankie this when he was in the diary room first?

• Love 1

And the coaches' twist in BB14. If a coach made it to the end with one of his or her players, the coach was rewarded extra money. The coach and his or her players were a team.

I forgot about that.  But, wasn't that something that all the coaches (and us) knew from the beginning?  This, whatever "this" turns out to be seems designed to guarantee Derrick saves Frankie this week. 

This is far from the biggest example of rigging in BB history, so I can't do much more than laugh and say, "Oh, so THAT'S how they're going to rig it this year. I see."

What I want to know is why are they always bringing out the big rigs for insufferable and/or boring players? Dick, Jeff, Rachel, Frank, Frankie ... like really, Production? Why do you hate America?

Oh, for sure. He'd be an idiot to win it now. Which just gives Frankie an even better chance. Thanks again, Production!

Honestly though, I actually think this is something Derrick made up. I would be very surprised if they let us hear so much of that without fish if it was real. But then again, they're not allowed to use Production in their strategy, so why are they letting Derrick get away with it?

Either way, this season sucks and I hate Derrick, Frankie, and Production.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

This show is rigged like the film Quiz Show exposed many game shows. They danged that carrot to keep Frankie from being evicted and they are blatantly manipulating them both to take each other to f2 and to kick all the others to the curb.

That inducement is bribery to manipulate the game to their own end.

• Love 3

I think Derrick made this up to keep Frankie thinking that he tried to save him.

No, this is all a misunderstanding that has gotten out of hand.  Nothing has happened.  All is well and on schedule.  TA gets a bonus if they win.  That is it.  Nothing more.  But this thread will go on for hours responding to posts before the facts became known. 

• Love 2

No, this is all a misunderstanding that has gotten out of hand.  Nothing has happened.  All is well and on schedule.  TA gets a bonus if they win.  That is it.  Nothing more.  But this thread will go on for hours responding to posts before the facts became known. 

Fair enough, but I think the TA bonus itself is a pretty interesting proposition.  Why did this occur?  What is the objective for this?  I would think the $25K, in and of itself, would be plenty motivation for future hgs to embrace the TA role, and announcing this bonus at the finale will be received with as much negativity as it will positivity.  So, why?  What is driving this?

• Love 5

Derrick appears to be stressing. It's not much, but I'll take it.

This. I've been watching the feeds for about 2 hours (because I don't love myself I guess) and while Frankie is prancing around all joyous, Derrick has been laying down with his arms folded, looking deep in thought. Which makes me think this is a real thing and he's considering what he should do. So, on the bright side, Derrick finally has somewhat of a challenge now.

Fair enough, but I think the TA bonus itself is a pretty interesting proposition.  Why did this occur?  What is the objective for this?  I would think the $25K, in and of itself, would be plenty motivation for future hgs to embrace the TA role, and announcing this bonus at the finale will be received with as much negativity as it will positivity.  So, why?  What is driving this?

This. Exactly. Production wants Derrick to save Frankie. That's what's driving it. Now, why the fuck they want to continue to save the most hated HG of the season, that is unanswerable.

• Love 2

I'm annoyed that these two have the option of making an extra 50K for winning. It doesn't sound like a "team" mission to me and America definitely wasn't consulted. So it makes no sense to me why they'd reward them like this.

• Love 4

I can't figure out production's motivation for this...

Maybe they know Donny is probably going to win AFP, not their pet Frankie, and this is a consolation prize. (Though consolation prizes are supposed to be of less value, are they not?) I continue to believe that Frankie was given some financial guarantees going in and this latest TA crap is part of that shadiness.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

Honestly, I can't see them doing America's Fave now. They've already given out $60,000 for TA missions and now an extra $50,000 for the winner, that's a lot of money. If they deprive of us of the joy of seeing these jamoke's faces when they find out for a fact that Donny and Zach are the most popular I will rage.

• Love 6

I wonder if they are even going to have Americas Favorite Player. They would have to right? There is no way they don't do it. America would freak out!! Lol

Wasn't America's Favorite Player money always paid by a sponsor? If I remember correctly, Sprint was a sponsor that paid America's Favorite but that may have been for "Survivor". I thought the same was true for both shows. "Survivor" has not been having an America's Favorite for at least a couple of seasons now, IIRC. 

If this is real and it only has to be a TA member wins get the extra $50G, no way is Derrick letting an extra $50G change his plans. As someone said above, if any of the 3 off the block win, they already decided NOT to use it and Frankie goes. Although Frankie thinks it's Vic; if Derrick wins POV, all he has to tell Frankie is they agreed not to change the noms and it would REALLY look bad if he took Frankie down. What's Frankie gonna do at the second he realizes Derrick voted against him? What can he do? Nothing!! BYE!

Derrick is trying to figure out how this could fuck him over with the jury when Frankie gets there.

• Love 1

I just really hope that Caleb, Victoria, or Cody somehow make it through all this blatant rigging and win. Do it for Porsche, guys!

Cody's dad tweeted about how blatantly unfair this is. LOL! I love the families calling Production out left and right this season.

• Love 8

If this is real and it only has to be a TA member wins get the extra $50G, no way is Derrick letting an extra $50G change his plans. As someone said above, if any of the 3 off the block win, they already decided NOT to use it and Frankie goes. Although Frankie thinks it's Vic; if Derrick wins POV, all he has to tell Frankie is they agreed not to change the noms and it would REALLY look bad if he took Frankie down. What's Frankie gonna do at the second he realizes Derrick voted against him? What can he do? Nothing!! BYE!

Derrick is trying to figure out how this could fuck him over with the jury when Frankie gets there.

Frankie can't tell anyone about Team America or he loses his money. So he's not going to say anything. They all know Derrick is running the show and Frankie is full of crap. So I'm assuming not much will sway the jury. They will be impressed that Derrick finally got Frankie out via Caleb they will know that there was no way that was Caleb's idea. They aren't stupid lol.

• Love 2

Frankie can't tell anyone about Team America or he loses his money. So he's not going to say anything. They all know Derrick is running the show and Frankie is full of crap. So I'm assuming not much will sway the jury. They will be impressed that Derrick finally got Frankie out via Caleb they will know that there was no way that was Caleb's idea. They aren't stupid lol.

I agree with all of this. But to the bolded section: as much as Frankie wants money, I think his ego is SO much bigger that he would possible be so enraged that he would either forfeit it to bad-mouth Derrick (remembered how obsessed he was over "overwhelming no") OR he will be so enraged that it just comes out of his mouth before he thinks. OR AG changes the rules to "only in the BB house". How are we gonna know if they give it to him anyway??

• Love 2

They aren't stupid lol.

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure they all are pretty damn stupid.

I's clear now that the jury knows Derrick is running the game, but they all seem to think Frankie is pretty up there as well, plus he has won a lot of comps.

Frankie can't tell anyone about Team America or he loses his money.

OR AG changes the rules to "only in the BB house". How are we gonna know if they give it to him anyway??

The rule was initially that they could tell people that they were on TA, but just not who the other members are. But, obviously, they don't really care about rules and just make shit up as they go along so.

• Love 1

Why Frankie would be offered any financial guarantees or incentives to be on the show is beyond me.  I mean, who had even heard of him before the show?  I'm sure he wouldn't need to be offered special treatment to be on TV, being the attention whore he is.  In his mind, whether he was on BB or Survivor (which he also applied for), the exposure alone would get him thousands and thousands of new followers because he's so adorable.   

After getting all worked up when this new twist came about, thinking it would screw up the current plan, I can see that nothing has to change, and the plan to get rid of Frankie can go on as scheduled (as long as he doesn't win POV). 

• Love 2