Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Home is Where Your Spouse Is

• Start Topic

Derek's Dad is trying to tell his thick headed son to do as I say not as I do...to learn from his failed marriage to Derek's mother, failed relationships...yikes...to take heed because his current scowling wife looks like a bag of chuckles.....

Derek does love his dad and that is endearing.

Katie does not respect her mother and she came off as a brat....

Zach is just not a personable person even though he thinks he is...his chit chat is conversation stoppers, no levity, is more critical observations.

He doesn't command a group with inclusive comments..he just starts turning the handle of his word salad spinner.

The river of words stuns everyone temporarily because maybe this time Zach may say something of substance but it is just a continuation of his nonsensical BS.

The volume of the jibberish emitted from his gob becomes white noise as everyone goes to their happy place until he stops blathering.

They pick up like the time stop button from the Twiight Zone episode...when he finally stop yapping..

His compliment of Mindy's ripped jeans sounded like a criticism.... what a judgey McJudgerson, to be fair they are dated but her crop top looked good on her...

Zach and Mindy are playing chicken in the road...waiting for the other to quit the drip drip drip of annoying the viewing audience as they bore the crap out of the camera crew(how many dog parks must we visit), production team, the sound man (their monotone voices plus flat affect lulls him to sleep) editors of their fakey fake segments...

Why does Zach get to live away from the love nest... Breach of contract.

Fire him, release him, kick his smug face off the show...

How can he not be aware he is coming off as a massive jerk so full of himself?

Don't let the screen door slam on you on your way out to the gym....Mr. Justice....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Derek uses his words VERY POORLY & the WRONG ones!! Good on Dad for pointing that out! Dad's ON IT!! But WHY does it seem like they've never had this conversation before? About love, successful relationships, effective communication. Derek should've already learned about that. Hope Dad gets his neck back one day. 😂 Derek doesn't CARE what his WIFE needs. Did Derek tell Katie what he needs? #BASICS

"You're doing this with someone else, not just yourself, what about your spouse?" Good line Derek, look into this mirror real quick!! 😂😂

• Love 3

HAAAAAAAA!! Mindy's angry friend is HILARIOUS!! Still seems she held back getting BOTH of them ALLLLLLL the way together though! ALL the friends seemed to accept his bs. 😒 Nice seeing him called out though, too bad it wasn't to his face & OVER the OBVIOUS divorce edge!

She woulda been the PERFECT SCAPEGOAT!! He shoulda ran away IMMEDIATELY with a HUGE crooked smile on his face!! He coulda been like, "Your mean friend drove me away!!" 😂😂 Now, whether Mindy would've been smart enough to see through that & not blame her friend is up in the air. I think she wouldn't have blamed her completely, but would have some resentment or they BOTH could be grateful to her for ending it for them! That would've been an interesting scenario/FANTASY.

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/22/2020 at 5:57 PM, Lindz said:

Yup. He's PERFECT! Totally COHERENT & very DIRECT! We all feel so bad for his suffering he's going through FAKING like he's trying to grow his marriage! He such a great liar, he could ALMOST pass for an actor! Totally CONVINCING! He gets more & more attractive the more we see his jacked up bottom teeth behind his LYING lips! He gave up so much that he's still meeting with his wife & said he's committed to the marriage, WHY???? That takes TWO & he has no problem being a selfish prick! We feel so bad that he can't fully commit to QUITTING! What? Someone good-looking's gotta be in the shot? He's doing it for America? The PATRIOT! Give him a MEDAL! HOW is telling her he's not attracted, not to call him her husband, not wearing his ring, & refusing to move in, "letting her down easy?" He's been rude, disrespectful, & downright vile & Mindy is the one treating their spouse better than they DESERVE! WHEN is this "letting her down easy" going to wrap up? We all want it to be over with, for his sake. His poor suffering, showing up for filming & finding different ways to spew the same garbage, which would be significantly LESS had he decided to divorce! But those cameras, they NEED him, huh?? 😂😂.   O.k. He’s conceited, has big hair, is in it for the money and wants to be discovered.  Plus, it’s scripted.  That’s Zack.  P.s.  I couldn’t get below the line .. sorry.  Glitch.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 1
On 2/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, Liberty said:

Totally inappropriate for these teams to gang up on Zach and Brandon.

I don't know how 'inappropriate' it is, but I am over the discussions. Brandon is right to feel that his behaviour has been talked about, nonstop, but this is the first time the family has been able to address him about his behaviour. He handled everything well, and they gave him a pass. I just believe that his behaviour may have been in response to a stressful situation, but his lashing out (and his silent treatment) is merely signs of what's to come. It's not like Taylor is seeing his worst behaviour. That seldom comes out until well into the relationship. Stay tuned for Brandon's real meltdown.

As for Zach, he's just a self-centred jerk. I can only assume he wanted a higher media profile so he signed up for the show. He states he's intelligent, etc., but I am still waiting for signs of life, mentally. He makes NO sense when he's talking, and when he does, it's all "I statements". Clearly, he thinks he's a supreme catch, and doesn't feel he was physically matched up. Mindy is too mature and smart for him. He can't get beyond looks, and that's on him. She needs to stop looking so damn happy every time he makes the minimum effort. I also hope he does not receive any paycheque for the time he refuses to live with her. He's a scammer.

• Love 12

Oh really? There's no substance?? WHAT ARE Y'ALL DOING TO HAVE SUBSTANCE?? Take some ACCOUNTABILITY! It won't just fall from the sky one day!! 😂 They're just waiting at their plateau? So stupid. 

• Love 2

Taylor & Co. are beating this into the ground with Brandon. Yeah it was bad, so, if that's the best he can do on the honeymoon there's no "sweet Brandon" that's worth her efforts. People say Meka won't let anything go, but Michael never took the time to resolve anything with her. Brandon did apologize & own his behavior & Taylor still won't let it go. Both couples are awful to watch, waiting for the next ball to drop.

Also, loving Mallory for her protectiveness over Mindy, but, Mindy's woman scorned act is getting old. She's clearly angry he's not attracted, which just makes her look stupid, insecure, & desperate. He's nothing great for her to whine over & it's a waste of time over analyzing everything constantly. She can just deal with what it is for 8 weeks & be done.

Can't imagine what a little shit Katie is off camera if she could be that disrespectful to her mom on camera.

I DVR but watch live AMAP because I also have difficulty catching up, & live snark is more fun (I have no life).

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
On 2/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, OnTime said:

Mindy says she is committed to the marriage as she lives alone in the apartment and is all excited that Zach wants to hang out. Where is Dr. Phil?

Or Viviana? Or Pepper? They have a PASTOR, not psychologists/therapists dealing with these trainwrecks! They need the trained counselors involved. If they aren’t willing and able to engage they need to get different “experts”.

• Love 6

So Meka brought up the rings to avoid questions from friends & family. & Michael caved. I hope he did PROCESS their discussion & really did agree. I wanna know WHERE he was at with wearing his ring. I still think he waiting til they had sex.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2020 at 10:56 PM, Elizzikra said:

Meka can borrow our cat; they both seem to be pretty much permanently mad at the world.

I loved her "girl you make no damn sense" face she was giving Katie during their picnic.

• Love 4

Brandon is STEWING beneath the surface. I'm glad he's keeping it in, but he needs to COMMUNICATE with his WIFE!! He should be at it EVERY DAY trying to make it right & get back in her good graces/bed. 😂 He was STILL shutting her out when she said it's ALSO what he wants to do & he kept saying it's whatever she wants to do. I HATE THAT!! When someone puts what they do on the other person, but maybe that means they've stated what they want & are awaiting the other person's decision & that's the holdup. Then THEY decide what's next.

• Love 4

The show promised each a spouse who, on paper and in interviews, seemed a good if not perfect match.

Ah, but the matchmakers are not Mr. Wizard, working magic through chemistry. That is the "X" factor. If absent, the rest of the alphabet has much slack to make up for. 

But that happy result can happen, with time and honest effort. That is why the title is "Married At First Sight" and not "Love At First Sight."

The latter is over-rated. Or as I like to put it, "Don't forget---Romeo and Juliet croaked themselves."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 2

I think Derek is a nerd and Katie is really turned off by that.  It was okay on the honeymoon but now that they are home she is probably hearing more about his (boring) job and all his scientific stuff and she could care less.  She enjoyed him when they could just talk about the sunsets or where they should have dinner but seeing him in his real life has been a complete turnoff for her.  She thinks she should be with someone who is much cooler, like she thinks she is.   Her mother was basically telling her that she wasn't going to do better than Derek and she came back with a STFU by mentioning her mother only got married because she was pregnant.  What a bitch.  It's fine to be a confident woman but she acts like she is God's gift to the male population.  Derek is a nice guy but I am also not attracted to his nerdiness so I guess I somewhat see where she is coming from.  

I don't like Zach at all.  But there have been guys that I have met that I would not be able to move in with.  Even though look wise we were on the same level and we had things in common, there are many men that I am just not attracted to.  I might find their voice grating, or they're way too hairy, or I find their sense of humor totally incompatible from mine and the thought of living with them would just completely make me want to run away.  Sometimes you are just not attracted to someone.   How many people have set up mutual friends on blind dates because you thought they would be perfect for each other but they just don't like each other?  Attractiveness can sometimes grow but often it is an intangible that you just can't describe.  

Is it just me, or is there much less interaction with the experts this season?  Haven't they only had one session with Pastor Cal and no sessions with either of the other two?  This is usually one of my favorite parts of the show.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
On 2/25/2020 at 9:42 AM, Katie111 said:

I think Derek is a nerd and Katie is really turned off by that.  It was okay on the honeymoon but now that they are home she is probably hearing more about his (boring) job and all his scientific stuff and she could care less.  She enjoyed him when they could just talk about the sunsets or where they should have dinner but seeing him in his real life has been a complete turnoff for her.  She thinks she should be with someone who is much cooler, like she thinks she is.   Her mother was basically telling her that she wasn't going to do better than Derek and she came back with a STFU by mentioning her mother only got married because she was pregnant.  What a bitch.  It's fine to be a confident woman but she acts like she is God's gift to the male population.  Derek is a nice guy but I am also not attracted to his nerdiness so I guess I somewhat see where she is coming from.  

I don't like Zach at all.  But there have been guys that I have met that I would not be able to move in with.  Even though look wise we were on the same level and we had things in common, there are many men that I am just not attracted to.  I might find their voice grating, or they're way too hairy, or I find their sense of humor totally incompatible from mine and the thought of living with them would just completely make me want to run away.  Sometimes you are just not attracted to someone.   How many people have set up mutual friends on blind dates because you thought they would be perfect for each other but they just don't like each other?  Attractiveness can sometimes grow but often it is an intangible that you just can't describe.  

I completely agree. I remember this one guy I met via on-line dating years ago. I didn't find his photo off-putting and he had other good traits, so we met for dinner. I ended up dating him for about six weeks. I really liked his personality and he wasn't unattractive. If you passed him on the street you would most likely consider him very average in appearance.

But there were a few specific things about his appearance that I just could not get over (and I tend to have very broad standards when it comes to looks - personality is what usually trumps appearance for me). I knew once we had kissed several times that I would not be able to get past the physical aspects, and I broke it off. He was very upset and I felt terrible. 

--

As for Derek talking about taking ****s  - I  would love to see them sit down and have Katie say to him, very directly, I cannot handle the bathroom talk... and then see how Derek responded and acted from that point forward. 

• Love 4