Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: My Big Fat Bleak Wedding

• Start Topic

Chief Stew Jenna is feeling the pressure as she is tasked with planning an impromptu wedding for two drunk guests and two yachties have a steamy interaction that makes their professional relationship personal.

Airs February 10, 2020.

I enjoyed the episode...mostly.  The couple that was supposed to get married?  Well, we'll see when they get off the yacht. I didn't care for any of the guests.

Glen is so freakin laid back.  He's like some sailing captains I know.  I'm still liking him.

Jenna?  Really?  A little soon to get that friendly with the chef.

I'm liking Madison and Georgia.

We'll see what happens with Paget and Cierra.

I don't know about Parker.

• Love 9

After watching the “ Below Deck”reunion, this was a real palate cleanser. I know it’s early in the season but I love the crew especially Captain Glenn.  Adam is much nicer this time around.His break from yachting real helped his attitude. Hope hooking up with Jenna doesn’t ruin it.

• Love 13

I really like the way the Captain handled his crew. He went out with them so there would be no drunken fiascos like the other two franchises. Sure they came back to the ship and there were some drunken hookups but nothing as out of control as the other shows

He wasn’t a babysitter. He was just a Captain looking out for his crew. He is a revelation.

• Love 14

Almost every season has couples on board. it would be wonderful to see the chef and the chief stew getting along for once.

On all of the publicity appearances Adam has been extremely complimentary to Jenna and the Captain. Especially in comparison to Hannah and Sandy I really hope it lasts.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Almost every season has couples on board. it would be wonderful to see the chef and the chief stew getting along for once.

Two actual couples is more than annoying and it’s also much, much tighter quarters than the other boats. All the stews have to share a cabin and even the Captain doesn’t get his own quarters.

Adam is an asshole because he and Hannah got along fine last season and his main issue with her was that she told him the guest feedback, which is on him not her.

And them humping each other in that tiny hot tub that their coworkers were trying to also enjoy was just gross.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

After watching the “ Below Deck”reunion, this was a real palate cleanser. I know it’s early in the season but I love the crew especially Captain Glenn.  Adam is much nicer this time around.His break from yachting real helped his attitude. Hope hooking up with Jenna doesn’t ruin it.

I clapped with joy when the team dinner ended at a reasonable hour, with a reasonable amount of alcohol consumed, then clapped again when they were told to get out of the hot tub and most everyone headed to bed.   This is their job and I'm happy to see it treated as such, for the most part.  Yeah, that's a low bar to clear but we just finished watching the mess in Thailand.

As for the happy couple, they are both stone cold idiots and a case could be made for them each to be appointed a legal guardian.  Neither are capable of making a reasonable decision for themselves.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

This was swell until Adam and Jenna went from appealing smart yacht professionals to sloppy drunks. Welp, that didn't take long.

Ukulele player is clearly angling for a TV career.

As for the happy couple, they are both stone cold idiots and a case could be made for them each to be appointed a legal guardian. 

So true. I marvel that the world is filled with idiots like this, and Bravo finds most of them.

But holy cow the scenery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Adam has been very complimentary to both Jenna and the Captain. Jenna looked like she was staking her claim early as she wanted someone to canoodle with in the show to get some airtime. In a promotional interview she mentioned she had seen the other shows so she knows how this works.

• Love 3

I can’t see that drunk couple getting married. They are one hot mess!!! I like how laid back Glenn is and how he isn’t afraid to help his crew if they’re struggling. Looking at you  Captains Lee and Sandy. Jenna was the only one who got sloppy drunk and it showed. She almost drowned Adam trying to make out with him. I agree with Madison, she shouldn’t have to see her boss be extremely drunk. So far I’m liking how responsible this crew seems to be when it comes to partying. I have a feeling that Ciara is over Paget and will use working with him on deck as her way out.

• Love 9

I like how concerned the captain was with potential abuse, I can't see captain lee or sandy getting between two charter guests unless they had too, he made sure the female guest was protected even behind closed doors and her saying she was OK.

• Love 20

I like this franchise so far. And I really enjoy Glenn (and for the ones who ask why he's called "Glenn" and not "Captain Glenn", don't forget that he's been living on the boat with Ciara and Paget on the Parsifal III for 9 months, etc., and sailing is NOT the same world that motor yachting at all)

ETA : And I DREAM of that kind of cruise, as I'm a sailing girl !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Chloecat said:

I like how concerned the captain was with potential abuse, I can't see captain lee or sandy getting between two charter guests unless they had to

Yes! I was surprised at that too, but then I realized (why I had to think about it for more than two seconds is beyond me) this isn't just a show, where the fight is for our "entertainment", this is a real argument which could get violent, and he's making sure someone is nearby to very quickly intervene.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 7

Still love Glenn - and also the engineer (Byron I think?) who was happy to squeeze orange juice when the interior staff needed a hand.  And Glenn was all strung up in a harness to fix the sail donkey whatever.  I like that these guys are willing to pitch in, it’s refreshing.  Even Adam is a lot more likable on this show.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, spunky said:

I can’t see that drunk couple getting married. They are one hot mess!!! I like how laid back Glenn is and how he isn’t afraid to help his crew if they’re struggling. 

I also liked that he was willing to step in when the happy couple was fighting.  It was a good idea to station someone outside the door in case one of them hit the other.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Chloecat said:

I like how concerned the captain was with potential abuse, I can't see captain lee or sandy getting between two charter guests unless they had too, he made sure the female guest was protected even behind closed doors and her saying she was OK.

I agree with this, but the skeptic (and lawyer) in me immediately thought about the fact that this dude had clearly had waaaaaay too much to drink from the crew and was there potential liability involved. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I agree with this, but the skeptic (and lawyer) in me immediately thought about the fact that this dude had clearly had waaaaaay too much to drink from the crew and was there potential liability involved. 

Yeah I was sort of surprised he didn’t go further in the tip meeting about how he was clearly over served, he just tossed the comment out there.

Don’t try to downgrade what Captain Glenn did to prop up the dereliction of duty of the other Captains. He stepped in forcefully to nip a potentially dangerous situation in the bud when the other Captions would have claimed that they didn’t know anything was wrong.

Captain Glenn is a hands on person who is not afraid to get his hands dirty. That is because he is a true sailor. Those other Captains are politicians.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Don’t try to downgrade what Captain Glenn did to prop up the dereliction of duty of the other Captains. He stepped in forcefully to nip a potentially dangerous situation in the bud when the other Captions would have claimed that they didn’t know anything was wrong.

No one was comparing him to anyone else. I thought it was strange that he himself used the phrase “over served” which is not good reflection on service but didn’t follow up on what he expected of them in the future.

• Love 5
Just now, biakbiak said:

I thought it was strange that he himself used the phrase “over served” which is not good reflection on service but didn’t follow up on what he expected of them in the future.

good point. It would have been the right time to talk out how to deal with a guest who was clearly requesting (way) more booze than was appropriate.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, terrymct said:

I also liked that he was willing to step in when the happy couple was fighting.  It was a good idea to station someone outside the door in case one of them hit the other.

I like that he did that too. He didn't wait for the situation to escalate. I liked that he's not afraid to cut off an overindulged guest or have them disembark if needed.

Edited by spunky
  • Love 2

The key fact is that he stepped in. The only time we ever saw a Captain step in was when Captain Sandy told some female guests to stop  sexually harassing Jack on the Bridge.

Captain Glenn is a revelation as a hands on Boss. Taking the crew to dinner to keep the drinking and shenanigans to a tolerable limit is a practice that they should all follow.

Adam for one has nothing but praise for him saying he let him blossom as a Chef.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 6

Georgia and Parker are definitely looking to be discovered. American Idol sailing edition.

Piaget and Ciara are going to have issues. Placing her as deck crew was a mistake. I also saw some goo-goo eye action between Georgia and Piaget. 

Glenn is an awesome Captain. Very hands-on but without ego. He seems very laid back but aware of when to step in as a leader. 

Byron is also impressive. I like his dry sense of humour. 

Jenna bothers me already.  I also don't see her as attractive. It could be the sharpie-drawn eyebrow game or the big toothy grimace she calls a smile. I'm sensing she'll be a big ole bitch down the road. 

I'll never be a fan of "Onions" Adam. He's mildly tolerable compared to some of  the other chefs but he's still a d-bag.

So far, liking this new series, and the sailing. I'd much rather do a trip on a luxurious sailboat than a yacht. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Chloecat said:

I think he is a very responsible captain. He did the right thing in having a deck hand stay outside the door to make sure that the charter guest was safe.

It was also a great idea for him to attend the dinner with the crew after the guests left.

• Love 6

I agree that Georgia and Parker are likely hoping for exposure from being on the show, but Georgia does have a lovely voice. 

Loving that the Captain and Chief Engineer aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and pitch in with whatever is needed.  Also like that Glenn seems more involved and aware of what’s going on with the crew and guests, vs the other BD franchises.

The jury is still out for me on Jenna.  I normally hate when people have the mentality that because they suffered when starting out, others should he subjected to the same, and that was my first impression of her.  However, she seems generally ok to her stews, and appears to be fairly even tempered as a supervisor thus far, so I’m hoping my initial impression was wrong.  

Edited by reallyjustjen
Spelling counts
  • Love 4
On 2/11/2020 at 8:53 PM, spunky said:

I can’t see that drunk couple getting married. They are one hot mess!!!

They were like a SNL sketch. I'm finding it hard to believe the primary and his family even know them, let alone are friends. 

On 2/12/2020 at 4:00 PM, Barbara Please said:

Piaget and Ciara are going to have issues. Placing her as deck crew was a mistake. I also saw some goo-goo eye action between Georgia and Piaget. 

I saw the goo goo eyes too and Piaget seemed more than willing to be part of it while his girlfriend sat across from them. It's bad enough Georgia thought it was okay, but she's not living with her boyfriend on the boat and making eyes at other guys at dinner. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

They were like a SNL sketch. I'm finding it hard to believe the primary and his family even know them, let alone are friends. 

I saw the goo goo eyes too and Piaget seemed more than willing to be part of it while his girlfriend sat across from them. It's bad enough Georgia thought it was okay, but she's not living with her boyfriend on the boat and making eyes at other guys at dinner. 

I don’t think they were friends either. I think both Paget and Ciara are just over each other.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I think the closer proximity of the crew and guests on the sailing vessel make it easier for the captain to keep tabs on what is going on at all times.  He even has to share his cabin!

I think he cares more about his ship than the other Captain’s. His management style is so much better than the Dud of the Sea that there is no comparison. I think Captain Lee would never be able to sail this ship.

Captain Glenn is a real sailor.

• Love 4
On 2/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, Caseysgirl said:

"Palate cleanser" is spot on!

On 2/11/2020 at 1:27 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

On all of the publicity appearances Adam has been extremely complimentary to Jenna and the Captain. Especially in comparison to Hannah and Sandy I really hope it lasts.

I love Adam's frankness about the comparision between Captain Glrenn and Captain Sandy.  Adam has said or inferred (can't recall which) that Captain Sandy is a huge micromanager.

I suspect that while Hannah is a bit of a mess sometimes, part of it is in response to working with Sandy. 

Adam is still friends, or minimally friendly with, Hannah.