Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Something To Sing About

• Start Topic

I personally enjoy cooking and grew up doing it. But, I don't think I have ever been fazed by someone who didn't know how to cook. I consider it a life skill, but plenty of people don't and they manage to keep themselves and their families fed. My sister is one of those people. She just does not cook. But, she and my niece have never gone hungry. 

So, I guess it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me that Kristen doesn't know how to cook or even care to cook. I'm much more bugged by her whining than I am anything else about her. 

Completely agree with you. I love to cook - it is my passion above all other things, but I understand that it is not just for everyone, which I have no issue with. What surprised me about Kristen with her kids on the first episode was it looked like they were eating hot dogs or something simple, yet the nanny seemed to be the one taking care of it.  It was no gourmet meal, just her feeding the kids a quick bite. It was surprising to me that someone who is for the most part home all day (I get that she works sometimes) would want/need someone to do such a simple task. 

I finally got around to watching this episode and let me tell you-- if my husband ever yelled at me the way Josh yelled at Kristen on the phone I'd fucking kick him he nuts when he walked through the door. Fucking asshole.

This is one of those things you're never supposed to say in policy society, but I kind of think a big part of the issues is they don't like being parents. Not that they don't love their kids, but it sounds like both pregnancies were unplanned and I don't think either of them love family life. I think Kristen ended up being the one at home for practical reasons like breast feeding, but I don't think she's thrilled about it. To be fair I think Josh is SUPER BUSY partly because he doesn't want to come home and deal with all the kid stuff either. Neither of them really want to be at home with the kids so they get snippy with each other about it. This might get better when the kids get older.

I think this is spot on. Kristen said in one of the early episodes (the one where she and Josh met for drinks and he was late) that she was nostalgic for their child-free days. So, yeah, I definitely believe they love their children, but neither really wants to give up their freedom to raise them and since Jerky Josh is an "entrepreneur" Kristen is stuck with it.

• Love 2

Completely agree with you. I love to cook - it is my passion above all other things, but I understand that it is not just for everyone, which I have no issue with. What surprised me about Kristen with her kids on the first episode was it looked like they were eating hot dogs or something simple, yet the nanny seemed to be the one taking care of it.  It was no gourmet meal, just her feeding the kids a quick bite. It was surprising to me that someone who is for the most part home all day (I get that she works sometimes) would want/need someone to do such a simple task. 

I get what you are saying and I agree. I just think Kristen is like my sister in that she will avoid having to cook if given the option every single time. My sister knows perfectly well how to cook. My parents made sure that all of their kids knew how to cook because they considered it to be a something everyone should know how to do. But, my sister simply does not cook. If there is a way to avoid it she will. I think that with Kristen it's the same thing (I don't know whether or not Kristen can cook and just doesn't or if she just can't cook); if there is a way to avoid cooking she will probably do it. 

TOTAL SPECULATION ON MY PART:

I suspect that Kristen keeps a nanny for things like feeding the kids, but also because she is insecure as a parent. The fact that she and Josh never discussed having kids, is a big part of my suspicion.  In my mind, Kristen never expected to be a mom, much less a SAHM. And since she seems to be a worrier, she was afraid to be the one solely responsible for taking care of the kids day-to-day. I think that Heather's remark about how Kristen will have the nanny sleep over and still get up with the kids was pretty telling and backs up my theory.

She wants to parent her kids, she just doesn't know how to do the day to day stuff, or is worried that she won't do those things right. So, she keeps a nanny to make sure she doesn't mess up. Like, didn't she have a nanny with her for the play date with Aviva? I thought it was the nanny that Kristen asked to take the kids away when Aviva started dropping F-bombs. It also seems like even when Kristen is interacting with the kids she has a nanny there at least in the background. 

I don't think that its a matter of Kristen being lazy, I just think she has her own second thoughts about her ability to raise the children herself. And since Josh has made it clear that he doesn't consider the kids to be one of his highest priorities, Kristen relies on the nanny. I actually think that this makes her at least a good enough mom to understand her own limitations as a parent. 

• Love 3
(edited)
I don't think that its a matter of Kristen being lazy

Maybe she really is of limited ability or intelligence.  Seriously, if she has trouble with cleaning & drying lettuce, something is definitely up with her.  My nephew is a very sweet special needs boy, but he is perfectly able to clean & dry lettuce.  Why can't she?  Maybe she could just be a spoiled brat, used to having everything done for her cuz she's the hot chick.  

As I said before, neither one of these 2 is a prize.  I'd never have a spouse who would yell at me the way Dickhead yelled at her on the phone.  It says a lot about her that she'd put up with dat shit.  OK, clearly he was under some pressure.  But that doesn't justify him being verbally abusive to her.  Maybe his drink ain't doing so well?  Btw, anyone ever heard of his drink?  I've never seen or heard of it.  Where is it distributed?  Anyone ever see it?  Er, is this like that OC Energy drink from years ago?

Anyone else notice Heather has hardly mentioned Yummie Tummy at all?  Wow, what a diff from last season when she said it every 6 seconds.  Wonder if the producers told her to stop saying it.  And yet Josh was wearing the t-shirt promoting his drink, so I don't get why Heather stopped promoting Yummie Tummy.  Given the Moaner's huge menopausal Pinot gut, which even she acknowledged in this ep, I would think Heather would be shoving her Yummy Tummy stuff at her.

That doctor, who Moaner, Sonja & Kristen went to, has been on the show before.  I bet she gives the Moaner free Botox for getting her on the show.  She seems like a fishy, sketchy character to me.

Anyone catch the quick flash of the pic of Harry & Sonja from 25 years ago?  Sonja looks much better now.  Still say Harry looks like a haggard old drunk now.  OK, so he's gonna take their relationship to a higher level?  Yeah, right.  Maybe that means he's gonna take her to some BBQ joint on a second floor somewhere, where he can chow down on more chicken bones.  Sheesh, Harry is a fuckin' loser.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I won't argue with you.  Different strokes.  He ain't for me.  But Sonja probably thought back then he was a potential wallet for her.  Let's agree, good husband material, he ain't, shall we?  Maybe he's a fun date.  Maybe.  I'd be really nauseous watching him chewing on chicken bones, so like I said, he ain't for me, but some may get off on that.  Not me.

• Love 2

This is a little tidbit of advice to Luanne and all the other housewives and significant others. Don't think if you speak in a different language no one can tell what you are saying. Bravo will hire an interpreter and flash your words across the bottom of the screen. Please trust me on this, just ask Joe Guidice.

• Love 9
(edited)

That's how we had confirmation about Luann and the pirate.  She was speaking in French to her friend about it and we all saw the subtitles.  Tisk, tisk. 

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 1

Josh is a total asshole but I'm starting to think if I lived with Kristen's constant need for validation and neediness, I'd probably want to scream at her too.  I mean, when they were talking about Heather, he said yes, she has a powerful personality.  That wasn't enough for her.  It seems like nothing other than, "Yes, Kirsten YOU WERE WRONGED" will satisfy her.  And given he *is* the one bringing in money through his biz, why not give him a bit of a break w/ him being a bit late.

And Mario singing...his voice wasn't bad, but he clearly was so nervous he was pitchy.  And I'm thinking he was signing that love song to his mistress? 

• Love 1

I believe the lack of Yummie Tummie mention may stem from the litigation between Yummie Tummie and Spanx.  One of the allegations in the lawsuit is Heather had planned on using her issues with Spanx as a major storyline.  Heather did not get the desired response from her Twitter attack against Spanx.  She also wrote a letter, to the founder of Spanx, Sara Blakely and in it said as one entrepreneur to another.  Here is a story about it: http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/06/17/yummie-tummie-heather-thomson-got-spanxd-by-sara-blakley/

My guess is Shed Media and bravo are trying to stay out of the fray.

Kristen said in the "therapy" session that the kids weren't planned and that one of the problems in their marriage  was that they never discussed anything or planned anything out. 

No birth control?  Just letting nature take its course?  Dumb asses (tm Red Forman).  Such an unlikable couple.

It wasn't so much Heather labeling herself an entrepreneur, it was her pronunciation. Like, "entreprenewer". Gah!

It really stood out.  Like ma-newer.  Which is my impression of Josh and Kristen.

I believe the lack of Yummie Tummie mention may stem from the litigation between Yummie Tummie and Spanx.  One of the allegations in the lawsuit is Heather had planned on using her issues with Spanx as a major storyline.  Heather did not get the desired response from her Twitter attack against Spanx.  She also wrote a letter, to the founder of Spanx, Sara Blakely and in it said as one entrepreneur to another.  Here is a story about it: http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2014/06/17/yummie-tummie-heather-thomson-got-spanxd-by-sara-blakley/

My guess is Shed Media and bravo are trying to stay out of the fray.

Thanks for the link...it's an interesting issue.  Unfortunately, I could only get through about 5 minutes of reading it before I got too annoyed at (1) the persistent misspelling of counsel as "council" and (2) the incredible pro-Spanx bias.  I'd love to read a neutral (i.e., unbiased) account of the facts and history of the dispute.

But, I think you're right that Bravo has purposely decided not to show any of it -- either it's not interesting enough for the show's purposes or Bravo doesn't want to open up that can of worms.

Meanwhile, I'm still confused as to why LuAnn is billed as a friend of the HWs this season.  She's had more air time than Aviva.  (Thank goodness for that, I say!) 

• Love 2

I've seen stories of Lu not getting paid this season.  I find that difficult to believe.  Wasn't she the last one to sign on?  These producers (Andy Cohen absolutely included) are such nasty characters.  Maybe they were trying to smack her down for being so "troublesome" in signing on.  I also find it really hard to believe Lu breaking off with Jacques made that much of a difference.  Could she have faked some storyline with him?  She already did the fake baby thing.  What else could there possibly be?  Sheesh, Jacques looked like he could barely stand her.  Reminded me of Tamra & Eddie.

• Love 1

I forgot about that, but having read the Widow's Guide I was assuming Carole's had based the book on her "dating"  Clooney. Ralph Fiennes is so much more interesting. He was so hot back in the day. Now, eh.  

I wonder if Carole has any idea that the reason people are interested in her is because of her Kennedy connection?  Not that being a news producer eons ago isn't interesting, but does anyone really think she'd be besties with Susan Sarandon and dating Clooney and Fiennes without that connection?   

• Love 2

Jacques came off fake and passive-aggressive.  Luann was speaking English to him, yet he repeatedly spoke French - I guess to hide the fact that he was saying mean things to Luann, and perhaps about the photographer.  It really turned me off.

His girlfriend was fucking a pirate last year.  I think he has every right to be an asshole to her!

His girlfriend was fucking a pirate last year.  I think he has every right to be an asshole to her!

I'm gonna guess that they have an open relationship.  Even if they did not, a one-night stand by LuAnn doesn't grant Jacques the right to be an ass to her.  If he didn't like her behavior, he could exit the relationship.  He chose to stay in it, even if it's just for the TV exposure.   He should be polite.  If that's how he acts on camera, how much of an ass is he off camera?

• Love 4

Why does Kristen constantly make a face like she's smelled something awful? I

Exactly!  I thought she was beautiful when I first saw her.  But her facial contortions are irritating.  And she's in constant state of "who does that?" type of face.

I'm gonna guess that they have an open relationship.  Even if they did not, a one-night stand by LuAnn doesn't grant Jacques the right to be an ass to her.  If he didn't like her behavior, he could exit the relationship.  He chose to stay in it, even if it's just for the TV exposure.   He should be polite.  If that's how he acts on camera, how much of an ass is he off camera?

Was he really *that* much of an asshole to her during the photoshoot?  He seemed annoyed but it didn't seem all that unusual to me.  Maybe they have an open relationship, but f they did, seemingly she would've said, "we have an open relationship" when she was full of denials on camera.  Had she said those words, there would be no scandal.  Instead, she tried to hide it.

Was he really *that* much of an asshole to her during the photoshoot?  He seemed annoyed but it didn't seem all that unusual to me.  Maybe they have an open relationship, but f they did, seemingly she would've said, "we have an open relationship" when she was full of denials on camera.  Had she said those words, there would be no scandal.  Instead, she tried to hide it.

While I'll agree that there are degrees of assholery (sp), asshole was the term you used to describe his behavior.  Jacques was rather brusque and snapped a few times in what we saw.  If he didn't want to be there, he didn't have to be.   Typically, couples who have that type of relationship prefer discretion and LuAnn was probably trying to deny it for that reason.  Personally, I think she should have just brushed it off on camera and dealt with Jacques in private.    Regardless, my opinion is that a one night stand doesn't give the other person a 'right' to publicly be an 'asshole' to the other person many months later.  Get over it or get out is my philosophy.

• Love 3
(edited)

While I'll agree that there are degrees of assholery (sp), asshole was the term you used to describe his behavior.  Jacques was rather brusque and snapped a few times in what we saw.  If he didn't want to be there, he didn't have to be.   Typically, couples who have that type of relationship prefer discretion and LuAnn was probably trying to deny it for that reason.  Personally, I think she should have just brushed it off on camera and dealt with Jacques in private.    Regardless, my opinion is that a one night stand doesn't give the other person a 'right' to publicly be an 'asshole' to the other person many months later.  Get over it or get out is my philosophy.

I didn't mean that he has license to treat her like shit, I just didn't think his annoyance during the photoshoot was that bad.  Every time I've seen him on camera he comes across like a very nice guy who loved her.  This was the first time I've seen him look like he didn't want to be there with her.  If she cheated on him and he decided to stick it out with her, there's bound to be some resentment that will show up from time to time.  

I just think there is a bit of a double standard here -- kind of surprised that people went to the Jacques is a jerk without noting that gee, maybe he's still hurting a bit?  I mean, I think even Ramona would get some sympathy for being snappy with Mario given his cheating ways.

Edited by sasha206

I didn't mean that he has license to treat her like shit, I just didn't think his annoyance during the photoshoot was that bad. Every time I've seen him on camera he comes across like a very nice guy who loved her. This was the first time I've seen him look like he didn't want to be there with her. If she cheated on him and he decided to stick it out with her, there's bound to be some resentment that will show up from time to time.

I just think there is a bit of a double standard here -- kind of surprised that people went to the Jacques is a jerk without noting that gee, maybe he's still hurting a bit? I mean, I think even Ramona would get some sympathy for being snappy with Mario given his cheating ways.

I totally get Jacques being annoyed and resentful even still hurt by Lu and the whole cheating scandal. I just would not drag my ass on the show that highlighted her behavior. I doubt Jacques had to be on camera, stay off the show if it is still so fresh for you.

Was this the first we have seen Jacques this season?

I try to be sympathetic with Kristen, I really do, but lord she is hard to take. She is obsessed with having people on her "side".

• Love 1

I totally get Jacques being annoyed and resentful even still hurt by Lu and the whole cheating scandal. I just would not drag my ass on the show that highlighted her behavior. I doubt Jacques had to be on camera, stay off the show if it is still so fresh for you.

Was this the first we have seen Jacques this season?

I try to be sympathetic with Kristen, I really do, but lord she is hard to take. She is obsessed with having people on her "side".

Well....in the Bravo world of nasty people, you need all the help you can get, LOL 

• Love 2

Maybe she really is of limited ability or intelligence.  Seriously, if she has trouble with cleaning & drying lettuce, something is definitely up with her.  My nephew is a very sweet special needs boy, but he is perfectly able to clean & dry lettuce.  Why can't she?  

I don't believe Kristen can't wash a head of lettuce any more than I believe that Lu was really trying to get pregnant.  Or that Carole was really going to change her kitchen into an office, that Sonja was really living without hot water or that Ramona and Aviva are as unaware of their offensiveness as they are showing us. I think the Hos are trying to make themselves seem more eccentric and outrageous than they really are because they're desperate for camera time.

The only authentic things I've seen in the past two episodes is how much Harry enjoyed those chicken wings and Heather's smug superiority. I don't think he or she faked any of that.  Those things are the real deal.  If Heather's not faking that, (see the scene in Montana when she and Kristen are sitting on the rock while Kristen apologizes, for one example)  she deserves a gold statue to match that hideous gold dress she was wearing the other night.

• Love 7
(edited)

Well....in the Bravo world of nasty people, you need all the help you can get, LOL

Yeah, I guess you're right. She just sound like a child every time she says in that whiney voice "be on my side." or "are you taking her side?" It's starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard to my ears :) Edited by imjagain

Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess she just sound like a child every time she says in that whiney voice" be on my side." or "are you taking her side?" It is starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard to my ears :)

yeah, it sounds a lot like that to me as well...but,it reminds me of my playground days in elementary school.....awful days for me....nobody wanted me on his/her team. Very bad time in my life....high school was even worse.  Kristin acts like she's lead a rather sheltered life.

• Love 1

Thanks for the link...it's an interesting issue.  Unfortunately, I could only get through about 5 minutes of reading it before I got too annoyed at (1) the persistent misspelling of counsel as "council" and (2) the incredible pro-Spanx bias.  I'd love to read a neutral (i.e., unbiased) account of the facts and history of the dispute.

But, I think you're right that Bravo has purposely decided not to show any of it -- either it's not interesting enough for the show's purposes or Bravo doesn't want to open up that can of worms.

Meanwhile, I'm still confused as to why LuAnn is billed as a friend of the HWs this season.  She's had more air time than Aviva.  (Thank goodness for that, I say!) 

LuAnn has no storyline so even though she is many scenes she brings nothing to the table in the way of a storyline.  Her relationship with Jacques was either over, off limits or maybe what we saw at the park photo shoot was Jacques unwillingness to perpetuate a fraud.  I always think in terms of one playing to the end of their relationship and a year later the episodes air and one or the other has moved on and is left explaining what was going on back then when they were probably seeing someone new.  Best example is the silly scenes with Harry and Sonja-short lived and Luann couldn't wait to go on her blog and talk about how Harry was not into Sonja and that she knew Harry was dating someone else.

The scenes at Birdland-Luann sang but she chose a song that could not be aired.  She once again went to her favorite bag of tricks this season being offended by either Ramona or Sonja.  Her blogs are untruthful and basically she is trying to dictate what will be shown about her by not offering up anything personal or daresay "real".  She had so much humiliation during her recording session she is unwilling to risk having herself portrayed in an unflattering light.

Every housewife would like to be cast in a role where all they do is host events and then go back and critique select others' behavior.   Carole comes darn close and there certainly isn't room for two Greek Choruses. LuAnn put nothing on the line-not her relationship or her children's lives.  Luann can not tolerate criticism and because of that she holds back anything true going on in her life.  To further make her storyline irrelevant when Carole acted up on a date-crickets from LuAnn.  When Heather acted up both at her home and at her cancer charity crickets from LuAnn.  LuAnn couldn't risk creating adversity with her new dream team by offending Carole or Heather.  Luann's ridiculous fight with Aviva over whether or nor she invited a former Miss USA was just an extension of her desperation for camera time.

So the producers decided to cut her out and the gave Aviva similar treatment by cutting her out of some of the credits.  Having watched the season I can see why.   I do hope she returns but she has to grow some thicker skin and come up with a storyline a believable one that doesn't involve her hawking her wares.

• Love 3
(edited)

Can I just say I've been finding Ramona pretty funny these past couple of eps?  She's someone I never really had an opinion of, one way or the other, and I know some of her actions are rude and/or way too over the top but she's been making me laugh recently.

I can think of three examples off the top of my head.

1. When she and Kristen were talking about Heather's husband, and Ramona does a little walk as if she's a man coming into a room she walks like a 70's pimp.

2. When Mario was getting "in the zone" for his performance at Birdland and Ramona's talking to him, he tells her to "go away".  Her reply? " I want to gossip with you about the others".  That just really tickled me for some reason.

3. Her heckling Luann about not singing because she needed autotune.  Rude?  Sure, but funny, cause alllll the housewives (except Kandi) NEED auto-tune.

Kristen is a one and done.  Sure she's integrated herself into the show, but she's just too much.  She's done three seasons worth of whining and "Are you kidding meeee" in one season.  Bye girl.

Edited by LNDNgirl
  • Love 1

Zoeysmom said: "She once again went to her favorite bag of tricks this season being offended by either Ramona or Sonja."

Luann should be offended by those two nasty rude woman. They have taken jab after jab at Luann, almost every episode.

• Love 6

There's no winning, right? Every "storyline" is a fraud; no "storyline" means you're not real, things are done for "camera time," etc.

Extratextual observations spoil the fun for me.

It's all real, and I take it at face value. Otherwise, what's the point of watching?

• Love 2

How successful as a model was Kristen?  There aren't many photos on the net of her modeling days -- under her married or maiden name.  I'm sure she worked but I bet her success as a model wasn't as great as she makes it sound.

• Love 1

Extratextual observations spoil the fun for me.

It's all real, and I take it at face value. Otherwise, what's the point of watching?

If not for extratextual observations, what's the point of posting here? LOL.  For me, that's the fun.

I used to try to believe it was all real, because - hello reality teevee, but when I watch them interact and know that they see the camera/production crew in their periphery and keep going, it becomes a sitcom.  In the case of these exaggerated storylines, now it's more like a cartoon.

Makes me wonder why they would put their reputations and businesses on the line to *act* like bigger buffoons than they probably are IRL.  Especially the ones who appear to not need the cash.

• Love 1

I'm not saying a housewife has to be a perfect Suzie Homemaker, but if you don't work, and you have a nanny and a housekeeper, why haven't you learned how to cook? I mean, what are you doing all day? And seriously, it's not hard. Ever heard of a cookbook? When people tell me I'm a "good cook", I'm like well I just followed a recipe. And at the very least, the easiest thing in the world is to throw something in the slow cooker.

I guess I'm just tired of the HW "I can't cook!" storylines. I just watched a BH episode where Adrienne was washing a chicken with handsoap. And then earlier this season on NY, Carole was saying she didn't need a kitchen. And now Kristin. Oh and there's OC Heather. It's just dumb and annoying.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kristin's husband is working and too busy for the likes of something as meaningless as "fun"........

...unless his wife is doing productive work on a set at their house, then he has tons of fun relaxing, hanging out, feeling like a smug superior jackass with his abusive commentary. Etc. Back off, Josh, you shriveled up peanut-headed looking diaper baby.

(In a good mood)

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 2

I'm not saying a housewife has to be a perfect Suzie Homemaker, but if you don't work, and you have a nanny and a housekeeper, why haven't you learned how to cook? I mean, what are you doing all day? And seriously, it's not hard. Ever heard of a cookbook? When people tell me I'm a "good cook", I'm like well I just followed a recipe. And at the very least, the easiest thing in the world is to throw something in the slow cooker.

I guess I'm just tired of the HW "I can't cook!" storylines. I just watched a BH episode where Adrienne was washing a chicken with handsoap. And then earlier this season on NY, Carole was saying she didn't need a kitchen. And now Kristin. Oh and there's OC Heather. It's just dumb and annoying.

I too hate the super cutesy "I can't cook! Ain't I a stinker!" thing. I'm as big a feminist as the next and have zero interest in being a SAHM or homemaker of any kind, but knowing how to cook, do laundry, balance a checkbook, clean a bathroom, etc... These are basic life skills. However, I do not think Kristen is actually home all day. I don't think she ever actually stopped working. Cut back maybe, but I don't think she stopped. From how she described all the moving around that Josh needed to do because he understands conference calls, which you probably don't since you're not a business savant like Josh, it sounded like she was working steadily the whole time. I also got the impression that Josh hasn't been a smashing success since leaving his marketing firm. So while Kristen is getting the spoiled princess edit, I think at least part of the reason they have help is that Kristen is still taking work when she can get it and part of the reason she's still working is they need the money.

• Love 3

If not for extratextual observations, what's the point of posting here? LOL.  For me, that's the fun.

I used to try to believe it was all real, because - hello reality teevee, but when I watch them interact and know that they see the camera/production crew in their periphery and keep going, it becomes a sitcom.  In the case of these exaggerated storylines, now it's more like a cartoon.

Makes me wonder why they would put their reputations and businesses on the line to *act* like bigger buffoons than they probably are IRL.  Especially the ones who appear to not need the cash.

I think some of them need the fame more than the money.  Others know the exposure is gold in promoting their present endeavors or future endeavors.

I think of Heather-everyone has the greatest of empathy for her child Jax.  She was able to promote not only her clothing line (foundation garments and not those of the Victoria Secrets variety) and raise awareness for her son's condition.  This year she gave one of the most moving scenes with the doctor's visit and so hoping she could do just one thing for him.  In a very dramatic moment on a holiday weekend the doctor calls and lets her know he can have the surgery to save his hearing.  That was good reality TV.  Unfortunately, eleven months later Heather on WWHL, is asked how her son's surgery went and she said -oh he didn't have it-waiting for something less invasive. After I heard that I felt as if I had been played.  But it is a good storyline. 

• Love 3

What exactly is it that Kristen does that qualifies as work (other than RHONY)?  I know she did the exercise video even though she claims to rarely exercise.  If she did more than that, wouldn't we be seeing it on the show?  Has she mentioned other jobs that I've missed?

What exactly is it that Kristen does that qualifies as work (other than RHONY)?  I know she did the exercise video even though she claims to rarely exercise.  If she did more than that, wouldn't we be seeing it on the show?  Has she mentioned other jobs that I've missed?

I'd like to know also.

What exactly is it that Kristen does that qualifies as work (other than RHONY)? I know she did the exercise video even though she claims to rarely exercise. If she did more than that, wouldn't we be seeing it on the show? Has she mentioned other jobs that I've missed?

I think she's still modeling. Maybe not high fashion editorial stuff and maybe not as often, but in the conversation with Heather it sounded like she's been modeling steadily. Josh was right there, if she hadn't booked a job in a year or something I'm sure he would have jumped in to correct her and tell her she doesn't know anything about anything, unlike important people like him and Heather.

• Love 2

How successful as a model was Kristen?  There aren't many photos on the net of her modeling days -- under her married or maiden name.  I'm sure she worked but I bet her success as a model wasn't as great as she makes it sound.

Modeling can be many things.  I "modeled" in New York.  I wasn't BIG AGENCY material but my small agency got me work regularly. Some of the jobs were so lame but I made a decent living while going to school.  Ready to wear runway modeling at convention centers for department store buyers, several shows a year for Aveda, Sebastian and Bumble +Bumble. Regular gigs during Toy Fair and other trade shows. Auto Show in NYC and Detroit. The lamest 'modeling' job I ever had was a demonstration model for a fancy loofah sponge. LOL.  My point, just because Kristen doesn't have tons of print work readily viewable online doesn't mean she isn't making some bank.  She's no Cindy Crawford but I think she did, or does, okay.  For the time being.  She's aging out, though.  But she'll still be able to find trade show or other commercial work if she wanted to.

Kristen proved (to me anyway) that she knows HOW to model when we saw her modeling for Heather.  She's a more believable model than Brandi.  Kristen knows how to move in front of a camera which takes experience. That's way harder than it looks.  Brandi couldn't even make it down the runway at Kyle's store without looking like she'd never stepped foot on one before in her life. I think Brandi's modeling career was similar to mine.  Convention centers and car shows.  Except I can walk a runway.  Or used to.  But I was never able to lose my self consciousness to move as well as Kristen does in front of a camera.

• Love 9

Snip

Unfortunately, eleven months later Heather on WWHL, is asked how her son's surgery went and she said -oh he didn't have it-waiting for something less invasive. After I heard that I felt as if I had been played. But it is a good storyline.

I did not see this and have not heard about this. I'm at a loss for words, and that rarely happens with me. So those tears were for a storyline? She cried, " Just this one thing..." Like it was his last best hope. I'm pissed.

• Love 2

Modeling can be many things.  I "modeled" in New York.  I wasn't BIG AGENCY material but my small agency got me work regularly. Some of the jobs were so lame but I made a decent living while going to school.  Ready to wear runway modeling at convention centers for department store buyers, several shows a year for Aveda, Sebastian and Bumble +Bumble. Regular gigs during Toy Fair and other trade shows. Auto Show in NYC and Detroit. The lamest 'modeling' job I ever had was a demonstration model for a fancy loofah sponge. LOL.  My point, just because Kristen doesn't have tons of print work readily viewable online doesn't mean she isn't making some bank.  She's no Cindy Crawford but I think she did, or does, okay.  For the time being.  She's aging out, though.  But she'll still be able to find trade show or other commercial work if she wanted to.

Kristen proved (to me anyway) that she knows HOW to model when we saw her modeling for Heather.  She's a more believable model than Brandi.  Kristen knows how to move in front of a camera which takes experience. That's way harder than it looks.  Brandi couldn't even make it down the runway at Kyle's store without looking like she'd never stepped foot on one before in her life. I think Brandi's modeling career was similar to mine.  Convention centers and car shows.  Except I can walk a runway.  Or used to.  But I was never able to lose my self consciousness to move as well as Kristen does in front of a camera.

Kristen was a lifestyle model with Ford until they eliminated that portion of the agency.  I posted Kristen doing some catalogue modeling.  I just thought her so arrogant saying she was, "the big fish in the small pond," when she moved to LA.  Kristen who would have been 30 at the time, and she went on to say she ran through ALL the jobs in LA.  I do think Kristen earned a decent living for  a high school graduate, as a model I just don't think she was ever super successful except in her mind.

I get the impression with Brandi her career was short-lived and consisted of catalogue shoots-without the face.

I am even more disappointed that Heather used Kristen as a Yummie Tummie model-what does Kristen need with foundation garments?  A little misleading.

I too hate the super cutesy "I can't cook! Ain't I a stinker!" thing. I'm as big a feminist as the next and have zero interest in being a SAHM or homemaker of any kind, but knowing how to cook, do laundry, balance a checkbook, clean a bathroom, etc... These are basic life skills.

Yes to basic life skills. Josh should learn them.

• Love 4

Kristen was a lifestyle model with Ford until they eliminated that portion of the agency.  I posted Kristen doing some catalogue modeling.  I just thought her so arrogant saying she was, "the big fish in the small pond," when she moved to LA.  Kristen who would have been 30 at the time, and she went on to say she ran through ALL the jobs in LA.  I do think Kristen earned a decent living for  a high school graduate, as a model I just don't think she was ever super successful except in her mind.

I get the impression with Brandi her career was short-lived and consisted of catalogue shoots-without the face.

I am even more disappointed that Heather used Kristen as a Yummie Tummie model-what does Kristen need with foundation garments?  A little misleading.

Well, she needs a bra.

• Love 7

The only authentic things I've seen in the past two episodes is how much Harry enjoyed those chicken wings and Heather's smug superiority.

Dead on, ryebread! Both the genuine article and neither very appealing. In fact, I find Harry repulsive. Kind of only halfway cleaned up with too much bear grease in his thinning hair. Shifty eyes, too. Sonja can have him. She could—if he had any interest in something more than a toss in the hay with someone who has been ridden hard and long. Ick.

Wondering why the entreprenewer didn't bother to pull on some of her Yummie Tummy gizmos to try to tame the bulges while she strutted her stuff.

• Love 1
(edited)

Same reason they use 20 year olds to show us how well anti-wrinkle creams supposedly work!  It just looks better.

Unfortunately, eleven months later Heather on WWHL, is asked how her son's surgery went and she said -oh he didn't have it-waiting for something less invasive. After I heard that I felt as if I had been played. But it is a good storyline.

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  Maybe it ended up being to risky, but it would be nice to hear the details on it. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 2

Well maybe Kristen ended up making a decent living, but I'm so used to these trumped up careers it becomes difficult to believe.  

I also just can't understand why someone as attractive who modeled ended up with  that guy.   He's not even remotely attractive.  And maybe he did okay, but you'd think with those looks and his personality his wallet would be much fatter to get a model.