Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Sandra's Wedding

Aulty

Sandra and Jerry are getting married! When Jonah’s attempt to help the caterers and Dina’s obsession with wedding security threaten to derail it all, it falls to Amy to make sure Sandra’s big day isn’t ruined. Garrett struggles with what to say in his Best Man toast, while Mateo finds that starting a new relationship may be more complicated than he thought.

Original Air Date: 01/30/2020

Edited by Aulty

I got a kick out of this episode, several laugh out loud moments for me, and sweetness too.  Sandra looked so pretty & I enjoyed her ukele moment.  The whole storyline with Mateo & his ankle bracelet going off & Amy's brother bringing the extension cord so they could dance 🙂 And Dina saving the cat made me crack up. Cheyenne & Mateo eating purple poi.  Justine pigging out on shrimp. The caterers quitting after Jonah's 'pep talk".   And Garrett making up the crazy story about him & Jerry at the Rodeo, lol.  Just lots of fun moments...

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Have to say, I love the dress America Ferrera is wearing to the wedding!

I kept thinking "Do I like that dress?" I LOVED the colors and the print but I'm not sure I liked the cut. 

The scene on the dance floor when they were dancing to "Raise Your Glass" had me going "Awww." I thought it was very sweet.

• Love 6

Seeing Sandra get to be happy is just what I needed after The Good Place finale.

Her and Jerry singing their version of Creep was so cute!

Loved Garrett's best man story.

I'm not sure Mateo deserves Eric, but they're sweet together.

Carol's misdirection fooled me. I know what she's about and I still fell for it.

Biggest surprise was Dina letting Sandra hug her, and she even half hugged her back.

• Love 10

I have to say, I expected more from Carol. They have been building up her creepy ~ is she really nice? We all know she's not ~ vibe for 13 episodes now only to result in this? Her plan was not that good.

My favorite moment of the episode was when Justine finally got all the shrimp that she wanted - she was so pleased. 🧡

Edited by Harvey
  • Love 8

Loved the orchestral version of the "Hamster Dance." I wondered what the purple food was that Cheyenne and Mateo were eating so thanks above for the mention of it being poi. What was written on Dina's bachelorette party sash? It always amuses me that her clothes outside of work are generally very risque, although the dominatrix look does fit her personality.

• Love 4

Really good episode and I liked all the nods to the various characters and their quirks: Justine and the shrimp, Sayid's love for regional clothing, Marcus just wanting to be included. I was disappointed not to see Bo at the wedding; maybe whatever he was doing at the ravine caught up with him.

I hate even the suggestion of animal cruelty so I wish they would have come up with something else as Carol's revenge plot. Even so, I rewound Dina punching Carol in the gut three or four times and then I slo-moed it. So satisfying.

15 hours ago, chaifan said:

Have to say, I love the dress America Ferrera is wearing to the wedding!  Cheyenne's dress is also amazing!  Dina's on the other hand, not so much...

I thought Dina's was a little too Dress Barn, until I saw Sandra's sister and realized it was the bridesmaid dress and therefore not as bad as it could have been.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On ‎01‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:28 PM, Scout Finch said:

I will be bitterly disappointed if the writers forget that Sandra planned to walk down the aisle to the "Hamster Dance"!

I thought that was what the music was!  I used to be obsessed with that site.

15 hours ago, chaifan said:

Have to say, I love the dress America Ferrera is wearing to the wedding!  Cheyenne's dress is also amazing!  Dina's on the other hand, not so much...

Well, it was the dress the bridesmaids were wearing, so . . . I did like the dress she wore to the bachelorette party, though.  She looks fantastic when she's dolled up.

I really loved this episode.  Even though the cat was put in jeopardy, it made Dina's takedown of Carol all the more satisfying.  And Jerry just rolling with Garrett's story was hysterical.  "When did you wear sunglasses?"  "At the rodeo, I guess."

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

I have to say, I expected more from Carol. They have been building up her creepy ~ is she really nice? We all know she's not ~ vibe for 13 episodes now only to result in this? Her plan was not that good.

My favorite moment of the episode was when Justine finally got all the shrimp that she wanted - she was so pleased. 🧡

Idk, it worked for me.  I mean, yes, she's diabolical, but I never thought she was quite smart enough to pull off something really big.  Plus, hurting the cat would've devastated Sandra.  Clearly she's very attached to it.

26 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I thought Dina's was a little too Dress Barn, until I saw Sandra's sister and realized it was the bridesmaid dress and therefore not as bad as it could have been.

Yeah, as bridesmaid's dresses go, it was not too bad.  I wouldn't wear it - not into big floral prints - but if I had to, I wouldn't have hated it either.

4 minutes ago, MaryHedwig said:

Bo was at the wedding, He even had a line.

Oh man, I must've have missed that.  And I'll have taped over the episode by the time I get home tonight.  What was the line?

• Love 8

I liked it. Was it the season finale? It felt like one. Sandra really did look pretty. 

Favorite bit, after Mateo's ankle monitor went off, Dina standing up and yelling "Nobody panic, even though there is definitely a bomb!" Also, whoever said to Cheyenne "it's a miracle you haven't been murdered by now," and she just nodded and went "I know, right?"

• Love 11

I loved Dina using pure logic to distract Carol - all about how the cage would protect the cat, cages are built stronger than that, her plan would never work, etc.  I really didn't expect the "look at the bottom of the cage" and sock in the gut.  That was fabulous!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I liked it. Was it the season finale? It felt like one. Sandra really did look pretty.

No, plenty more episodes to come - especially after NBC ordered additional epsiodes for this season (22 in total for S5)

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

And Jerry just rolling with Garrett's story was hysterical.  "When did you wear sunglasses?"  "At the rodeo, I guess."

That was great. And Sandra looked pretty she has such a nice smile. I enjoyed this episode but I didn't see Bo either.

• Love 8

This was a lot of fun.  I hate love triangles but have been oddly engrossed by Sandra and Jerry and Carol.  It was great to see Sandra and Jerry have a happy day in the end.

All the characters had great little moments, with Garrett's rodeo speech a standout.  And Jerry and Sandra singing a romantic acapella version of Creep was inspired.

It was great that they included a last little shot of the cat so we knew it was okay.

ETA: The extension cord bit made me "aww," and then laugh when they used it for impromptu limbo.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, as bridesmaid's dresses go, it was not too bad.  I wouldn't wear it - not into big floral prints - but if I had to, I wouldn't have hated it either.

I thought the florals and bright blue color were a nod to Sandra's Hawaiian heritage, as was the poi Cheyenne and Mateo were eating (and I loved that there was a mish-mash of themes, and that Sayid really committed to the cowboy one).

Really sweet episode and Dina was an absolute champ. I just wish Jonah had given the union stuff a rest for *one* night.

ETA: Based on Sandra's sister's speech it looks like almost everyone in Sandra's life is mean and/or condescending to her. I like to think that she knows exactly what's going on, and her pure joy about sharing a simple but love-filled life with Jerry is her way of giving everyone the finger.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 11

Biggest laugh I had in a while from this show was Justine saying "Honestly? Weird" when asked how she cuts a cake.

First episode I think I really liked this season. Some others have been okay, but a lot have been plain bad.

• Love 4
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 2:36 AM, chocolatine said:

I thought the florals and bright blue color were a nod to Sandra's Hawaiian heritage, as was the poi Cheyenne and Mateo were eating (and I loved that there was a mish-mash of themes, and that Sayid really committed to the cowboy one).

Oh absolutely, and it was completely perfect for Sandra's wedding.  I'm just not big on florals or large prints.

• Love 2

"I say this with love, but it is shocking that you haven't been murdered yet." 

That was adorable, I am so glad that, while it was filled with hijinks and near disasters, Sandra had a nice wedding. Love that Dina used her tendency to obsess over mechanical details to save the cat (in a cute hat!), that Jonah is accidentally inspirational, that Sandra and Jerry just kind of go with the flow, it was really hilarious and also really sweet. 

Love that the one detail that Sandra focused on of Garrets wild made up Jerry story is that Jerry apparently owns sunglasses. 

The theme mashup actually worked kind of well, it was very Jerry and Sandra. 

• Love 9