Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Good, the Bad & the Hendy

Door County Cherry
  • Start Topic

So far there are a lot of the same elements as Season 1, at least in terms of roles that the characters play.

Love = Beck 2.0, Object of Joe's obsession

Forty = Peach 2.0, Co-dependent obstacle to Joe's obsession

Will= Benji 2.0, Guy locked in Joe's cage

Ellie= Paco 2.0, Child Joe has to save

Henderson = Ron 2.0, Adult Joe has to save child from

Delilah = Claudia 2.0, Adult supervisor of child that Joe has to help out as well

Group of friends = Group of friends 2.0, Joe thinks Object of his obsession cares too much about their opinions

Plus we get flashbacks of Young Joe and Younger Joe in both seasons. I think they did a much better job with casting the younger Joe this season. They really do look alike, while last season all I could think was that Joe did not have such enormous eyebrows.

At least this season we get Candace to mess with Joe which is different, so I'm really looking forward to that!

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Did we really just have sex talking to brother on the phone?  Does that make it more hot or less hot?

Hey you can see my house from here.

Henderson the super villian Dickens guy.   Because nothing is worse then a sex dungeon with dust bunnies.  

Do people still get written up for jaywalking?

Hi Candace.  Long time no see.    And of course you are Forty's new girl friend.   True love right?  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
On 12/27/2019 at 3:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Yes, usually where there's been pedestrian deaths.  Unfortunately they will usually do jaywalking stings instead of focusing on the motorists.  At least from what I have seen in and around LA -- especially in the valley.  I've seen it around schools too.  I think a jaywalking ticket in California is around $250.  The street it was portrayed on in the middle of the night isn't a place I would expect it as it wasn't high traffic, but I think the cop was using it more as a stop and frisk situation.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Well, Henderson's dead, which I am not surprised about. Joe still thinks he's a good guy and can be a good guy. Yes, Henderson was scummy, and I'm glad they confirmed that he's not a changed man, but Joe is still worse. 

The ending, with Candace showing up? First off, finally. And secondly, there probably goes my theory of Love working with/for Candace to take Joe down. But Candace still found Joe somehow, and is using Forty to get to him. I wonder how.

I'm surprised Joe let Will go. Again, there also goes my theory on Will possibly enjoying Joe's company. Nah, he was totally using him to get out and, by playing nice, it set him free. 

Not surprised that the photos didn't work. Delilah's right; there's not enough evidence against Henderson.

• Love 7

Just when everything seems to be coming up Joe, Candace shows up, apparently getting with Forty to get closer to Joe! The shocks keep on coming! 

I think that Will really did like Joe, in a Stockholm Syndrome kind of way, and that maybe Joe even kind of warmed to Will a bit. In the ways that Joe can warm to people anyway. He basically has three categories for people: Obsession he idolizes until they fall off his pedestal, people that need taking care of and are basically helpless, and idiots he has nothing but disdain for. 

I totally get that Delilah doesent want to talk much about what Henderson did to her, if she had been honest with Ellie, maybe this could have gone better and she would have actually stayed away from him. 

Of course its all a moot point considering Henderson fell victim to Joe, even as Joe tries to be "better" although considering what a creep he was, its not much of a loss. He did really nail Joe though, he is a bad man who cant deal with what a bad man he is, so he tries to find other bad people he can take down to feel better about himself. Its like how Peach caught on right away to Joe being sketchy, and it terns out she had stalker tendencies herself, it takes one to know one. 

The flashbacks to young Joe are interesting, I wonder if he started his "I have to save/fix women who I think dont have their lives together" with his mom? 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

A cop threatened to do it to my brother recently.  We live in Toronto.  I'm very politically biased about this.  I feel like Toronto, structurally and politically, is very pro-car.  Pedestrians get hit and killed extremely frequently and nobody does anything about it.  So any city like THAT, I think cops just stand around waiting to catch people for jaywalking. 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes, usually where there's been pedestrian deaths.  Unfortunately they will usually do jaywalking stings instead of focusing on the motorists.  At least from what I have seen in and around LA -- especially in the valley.  I've seen it around schools too.  I think a jaywalking ticket in California is around $250.  The street it was portrayed on in the middle of the night isn't a place I would expect it as it wasn't high traffic, but I think the cop was using it more as a stop and frisk situation.

Oh I love you for this post.  Pedestrians being killed is an epidemic in Toronto, and politically, people lloooooooove to blame pedestrians for it.  Instead of distracted drivers in Toronto who famously climb up sidewalks, drive into HOUSES, drive into subway tunnels, etc. etc.

So yes - to bring this on topic - I totally believe this is very much a thing in LA.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2

The reason I ask is that my apartment is on a major road between two lights and people cross four lanes of traffic rather then walk a few feet to a light.   It’s dangerous especially at night and I an surprised people haven’t been killed.   So if I I’d a thing I can see a cop with other motives using it as an excuse.   

On 12/29/2019 at 5:14 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Not surprised that the photos didn't work. Delilah's right; there's not enough evidence against Henderson.

Not to mention that if it came out she was also in one of the photos, the story would be picked apart and she'd lose all credibility. She was right about that, too.

I love watching Joe skulk around houses when people are in them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

On 12/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

So far there are a lot of the same elements as Season 1, at least in terms of roles that the characters play.

Delilah = Claudia 2.0, Adult supervisor of child that Joe has to help out as well

Group of friends = Group of friends 2.0, Joe thinks Object of his obsession cares too much about their opinions

This is turning into, I dunno, "Millennial Dexter". It definitely doesn't have the twisted magic of the first season and it does feel like a bit of a retread. Also, I really want to know how Joe got his plexiglass cell set up in the storage unit. Did he have it disassembled and shipped from NY? Or did he buy a new one?

Travel around the bowels of the film industry for a while and you will find oh so very very many Forties. I have met dozens. Lots of them are pretty too, so I don't mind his actor. I think he's actually really good and nails the part. 

• Love 3
On 12/27/2019 at 11:14 AM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Group of friends = Group of friends 2.0, Joe thinks Object of his obsession cares too much about their opinions.

That's my main problem with this season - it feels like a less interesting recast and recycle of everything but Penn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Yep. I got a ticket for jaywalking when I was in high school. I was crossing a street in the middle of the block and got stopped by a motorcycle cop. Had to go to court and everything. 

• Love 1
On 1/5/2020 at 5:02 PM, BaskingsharkGTX said:

This is turning into, I dunno, "Millennial Dexter". It definitely doesn't have the twisted magic of the first season and it does feel like a bit of a retread. Also, I really want to know how Joe got his plexiglass cell set up in the storage unit. Did he have it disassembled and shipped from NY? Or did he buy a new one?

I'm late to the party as I'm just watching season 2 now, trying to escape the never-ending election coverage. I wondered the same thing - how the hell did he get his pexiglass jail to LA, from the basement of the bookstore in NYC ? The series is enjoyable (thanks to Penn) but they really do reach too far !

• Like 1
  • Love 3

When Henderson felt down the stairs, why did Joe lay a cover over his face?  He immediately said it would look like a suicide, with the guy have down the stairs….so why lay a towel over his face?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
On 12/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

But do freckles really disappear in adulthood like that?

(Yes I am that ignorant about freckles)

Freckles are often more prominent with sun damage. Many people have their freckles come out in the summer or when their skin exposed to sun(it’s how their skin tans), so they aren’t visible all the time. Short answer three years later- sometimes yes. 

I can’t believe any of these people don’t unsync their devices when they go missing! Not to stereotype, but I could see this from a senior citizen, not someone in their 30s! The first thing you do when a device goes missing is remote wipe it.