Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, CapeCodLuv said:

"Michael went to jail in 2016 for crimes listed as "assault, 4th degree (domestic violence) minor injury." Michael's caring on-screen personality makes his crime surprising, but it's hard to say what he was found guilty of given that there are no more details available about this incident."

I think he would have been with Amy then. He seems very gentle, and as no further info is available I am assuming it was dismissed. We will never know.

When I was 19 I stole a sweater from a department store and wasn't caught. I felt sick about it and never did it again, but I did it. I only wore the sweater once.  I also stole a candy bar from the 5 and Dime when I was 6 or 7. Maybe Amy stole a lot before she was caught, but it doesn't make her a hideous person. Fake Go Fund Me's, animal abuse and false claims to social security or disability do make you an awful person. Her vision problem is real but I doubt she ever tried to see if she could do any job once she started collecting disability. It seems like she does pretty well and could handle a job, but once you try you get thrown off the welfare roll. So her choice is to stay on it or try to get gainful employment matching what she receives. Plenty of people would make the choice to stay unemployed and get a monthly check.

I think they are a family who tries to stay afloat using any means they can find. It's not shocking to me as they are not the only ones  Are they good people? I don't know. I think they definitely fall in the white trash category but this is how they were raised. I'm so glad I was raised differently, I think that often when watching reality shows.

In continuation of the discussion, I mean, assault, 4th degree, domestic violence could be as simple as a shoving match he got into with a second cousin once removed. It doesn't automatically mean he roughed up his wife/girlfriend. I think about some of the fights my sister and I got into when we were teenagers and between me throwing a shampoo bottle at her head and her biting my shoulder, we could have been arrested with the same charges (shakes head...at myself).

Michael does seem like a very gentle and kind man, and never ever shows disdain for all the help he is asked to provide, between pushing Tammy's wheelchair and ferrying her around in the van. Honestly I feel like he could have done better for himself than a Slaton sister but he seems to be devoted to Amy. How is it that someone with her history of shady dealings is able to land such a kind man. I would hope he is a good influence on her. Because all the things she did are unconscionable. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I feel like he could have done better for himself than a Slaton sister but he seems to be devoted to Amy. How is it that someone with her history of shady dealings is able to land such a kind man. I would hope he is a good influence on her. Because all the things she did are unconscionable. 

Yes, he should have tried for someone better but maybe he has such low self esteem that he settled for Amy. 

He doesn't appear to have ANY influence on Amy. She runs the show, she wears the big pants, she tells Michael what to do, when to do it and he just does it. Poor guy will be in his own wheelchair in the next 10 years because of a bad back from hauling his 800 pound sister in law everywhere. He can take his kids on rides in his wheelchair or his adoring wife can teach the sons how to wheel their crippled dad around. 

I'm glad they're off tv for now. I hope they don't get another season. 

• Love 5

Apparently Amy's dog passed away ("Lil Bit" NOT Michael😊)

Amy alleges Lil Bit was over 22 years old (2000 - 2022)

If someone here can/wants to post the link or read it, it's from tvshowsace.com

• Sad 1
(edited)

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5461903/1000-lb-sisters-tammy-slaton-home-robbed/

Sounds more like an eviction, and repo to me.  

The two sisters lived on the separate sides of the duplex, Amy moved to that house, and Tammy's been in rehab since November.  So, since last November or earlier, the landlord didn't re-rent Amy's side?    

I'm guessing no one paid the rent, and 'missing' furniture was eviction.    The washer and dryer, bet it was rent-to-own, and not paid on either.   

The neighbor's missing sink?   That's strange.  

Or it's as phony as pre-TV show when Amy announced Tammy died, and collected donations for the funeral and other expenses, but as we all know, Tammy isn't dead and filmed three seasons of this show since her 'death'.  

If there's a money grab coming, I won't be surprised.   

So, if they're filming again, what a surprise that the 'burglary' happened.  (yes, that's totally sarcastic.  Bet the neighbor's sink missing was called remodeling). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

"TAMMY'S NIGHTMARE 

1000-lb Sisters star Tammy Slaton’s home ROBBED while she’s in rehab by thieves who ‘kicked in door & stole furniture’"

What a crock of b.s. Who would want Tammy's used furniture that she's farted on, spilled food and booze on, maybe did sex acts on. The list is endless. People can find cleaner used furniture at a landfill. 

We've all seen glimpses of Tammy's furniture in many episodes and it sure as hell isn't worth stealing. 

But trying to keep yourself in the reality tv limelight is definitely worth staging a "home robbery".

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So, did anyone pay the rent while she was in rehab since last November?     And did she own the washer/dryer or was it rent-to-own too?   Sounds more like an eviction, and repo to me.

It could be her drinking buddies. They know she’s not at home. 🤨 One weird thing from the story—the neighbor’s sink was stolen. How is that possible? Was it not installed? I can’t imagine someone would try to steal a sink that was installed, because that would take some work. Also, kitchen sink or bathroom sink?

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

One weird thing from the story—the neighbor’s sink was stolen. How is that possible?

Now I'm confused. From the article title, I thought both Tammy AND Amy's sides of the duplex were vacant. Did new tenants move into Amy's side?

I really can't even tolerate these 2 obese fame whores anymore. And Amy is due to have her usual C section in July. Losers. Both of them.

• Love 8

I read on Reddit that it looks like Season 4 is currently being filmed.  Someone who has relatives in the area said that there was a camera crew in a local restaurant and they were told by a customer that 1000 Sisters was filming there.  Amy and Tammy weren't seen but could have been out back or maybe hadn't arrived yet.

• Useful 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Amy and Tammy weren't seen but could have been out back or maybe hadn't arrived yet.

How could anyone NOT see them? It can't be easy to hide those 2.

My dislike for them isn't because they are obese, it's because both of them have opportunities that most overweight folks would love to be given. And both of the sisters did NOTHING to stay on track with their diets.

Amy was told not to get pregnant for 2 years but she did it anyway because THAT was her reason for losing enough weight to get the surgery - making babies. And Tammy is a big mess as well. Drugs, alcohol, vaping, fast food delivery. 

F both of them. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I was afraid there might be another season in the works when I noticed there was a marathon of this past season on yesterday. 

I wouldn't put it past Tammy's "friends" to steal her appliances, etc. to support a drug habit especially since they knew the duplex has been vacant all this time. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I was afraid there might be another season in the works when I noticed there was a marathon of this past season on yesterday. 

I wouldn't put it past Tammy's "friends" to steal her appliances, etc. to support a drug habit especially since they knew the duplex has been vacant all this time. 

Other posters said they are filming another season.   

I wouldn't be surprised if the duplex was rented by production, and everything to do with it was a storyline. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Just saw Tammy's "NEW" boyfriend online.  He is screaming at his friends that he is not after the money (guarantee this dimwit has no job).. and LOVES Tammy (puke)  HE DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.  

• LOL 6
44 minutes ago, Boston said:

Just saw Tammy's "NEW" boyfriend online.  He is screaming at his friends that he is not after the money (guarantee this dimwit has no job).. and LOVES Tammy (puke)  HE DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.  

Haha!! Where can I find him online? Tammy's IG? I can't wait to see him. 😂

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Haha!! Where can I find him online? Tammy's IG? I can't wait to see him. 😂

I think it was a People interview - but don't quote me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Here's one article about the new boyfriend.   They also claim she's having weight loss surgery soon in Atlanta.   

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/news/1000-lb-sisters-tammy-slaton-reveals-new-boyfriend/

The couple made their relationship "Facebook official" in May. Mooney insists he's with Slaton for love and not for the fame and notoriety that comes with it after a friend of his reportedly asked if he's trying to get on Season 4 of the show on social media. Mooney says he "chased" Slaton for nearly four years. He finally says he has his prize. 

He chased her for four years? So he's a chubby chaser? If she actually gets the surgery, does anybody think she'll really lose any weight? Or will her "boyfriend" keep her supplied in nice, fattening snacks?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, GaT said:

Mooney says he "chased" Slaton for nearly four years. He finally says he has his prize. 

Above quote is NOT from poster GAT. It's from In Touch magazine (?) article. So Mikey Mooney has been chubby chasing Tammy over 4 years. Another grifter, "wanna be fame whore". He's ugly just like the last bunch of Tammy's love interests. 

And I agree with the previous poster that IF Tammy gets the surgery she will eat herself into obesity again. Her stitches will blow out in a day. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

According to Reddit, today is Amy's due date. 

They also said that Amy posted on social media that the name of the baby will be horror-related.  Some of them are guessing Damien.  

Lol, maybe it'll be Freddie or Jason.  Or Chuckie?  😄

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

"I'll love you for eternity"

. . . or until your heart, lungs and/or liver give out, whichever comes first . . .

or until your contract with TLC isn't renewed. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

According to this article from January, her due date is July 18th and she also revealed the baby's name (but maybe she changed her mind about the name since then and/or her due date may have been recalculated): 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/1000-lb-sisters-amy-halterman-slaton-reveals-sex-name-baby-2.html/

I love this part from the article

“John Alan,” Amy says in the video speaking to someone over FaceTime. She elaborates, saying they’ll call the baby “John Boy” for short. 

Yes, I can see how dropping one letter will make his name much shorter LOL

• LOL 8
4 hours ago, GaT said:

Yes, I can see how dropping one letter will make his name much shorter LOL

Maybe it’s just because I’m sleep-deprived, but I’m cackling at this: “Amy’s sister Misty, who has appeared on 1000-lb Sisters, said: ‘I’m not calling him no John Boy.’”

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
On 7/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, magemaud said:

image.png.ef4bd911ec8ae9a2e78775379ee755ed.png

So in reality, how does this actually work?  Married Jerry just drove over to KY when he was horny. The married BBW King was just looking to make bank off her.  So what's up with this guy..... looking for kinky sex, TLC $$ or both? Will they live together?  I don't picture him performing the horrendous "personal" duties that some of the My 600 lb Life gals require of their men, for example.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So it wasn't a 'horror name' after all.  Unless there's a famous Glenn horror guy that I've never heard of. 

So both her boys have a "G" name.   

5 lbs 11 oz is pretty small for a full-term baby.  I wonder how big Gage was.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just saw a video of Tammy saying they started filming in June for the fourth season.  She said she's not supposed to say that they're filming, but she doesn't understand why they can't say it, so she's saying it.  (TLC must pull their hair out having to deal with her.) 

Also, she still has her trach and looks a little thinner in the face. 

I saw also that she's going to have bariatric surgery within a month.  Not sure if that's confirmed.

I'm wondering if they'll do any filming in the rehab place.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I just saw a video of Tammy saying they started filming in June for the fourth season.  She said she's not supposed to say that they're filming, but she doesn't understand why they can't say it, so she's saying it.  (TLC must pull their hair out having to deal with her.) 

Also, she still has her trach and looks a little thinner in the face. 

I saw also that she's going to have bariatric surgery within a month.  Not sure if that's confirmed.

I'm wondering if they'll do any filming in the rehab place.  

THey said something about outside filming is not allowed at the rehab place, that's why she was doing the videos she filmed with her phone, or tablet.       Tammy better follow their rules at the rehab, she's been banned from others for misbehavior, and this time the one they found that agreed to work with her is hours away from the rest of the family, and in another state.   Tammy's running out of rehab options. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

He looks like he’s holding his breath and Tammy looks like she hasn’t lost an ounce.

I wonder if their PhotoShop went down after that pic was " cleaned up".😂

(edited)

I'm wondering if Amy will even diet, since she has her second child now?    

I also question if she actually had her tubes tied.    I guess we'll find out if she does or doesn't get pregnant again.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if Amy will even diet, since she has her second child now?    

I am guessing she won't. She got what she wanted: surgery to get healthy enough to become pregnant. She accomplished that twice. She will try again for a girl. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Regarding the supposed 'horror name,' someone on Reddit claims that Gage is named after a baby in Stephen King's Pet Sematary.  I haven't heard this before.

And they are theorizing that Glenn may be named after Chucky's son in Seed of Chucky or a character in Nightmare on Elm Street.

• Mind Blown 1
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Regarding the supposed 'horror name,' someone on Reddit claims that Gage is named after a baby in Stephen King's Pet Sematary.  I haven't heard this before.

And they are theorizing that Glenn may be named after Chucky's son in Seed of Chucky or a character in Nightmare on Elm Street.

Back in elementary school, my class had an assignment to ask our parents about our names - was it a family name, were we named after a specific person, did it have a special meaning to our parents, was there a story behind it, etc.

I sure hope Gage and Glenn don’t get that assignment.

• LOL 6

I’m a little relieved that Amy said her family was complete.  I’m not comfortable being overly enthusiastic about children in her care, unless the unsafe conditions are remedied. I recall the insect infestation from last season.  She seemed to not care about it, until the show forced her to.  And, then there’s the unhealthy food addictions actively going on within the family, along with verbal altercations within the children’s earshot.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

Back in elementary school, my class had an assignment to ask our parents about our names - was it a family name, were we named after a specific person, did it have a special meaning to our parents, was there a story behind it, etc.

I sure hope Gage and Glenn don’t get that assignment.

My adopted children hate these kind of assignments. Many adopted and foster children do not know this information and the school tries to diminish the pain that it causes. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 4
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m a little relieved that Amy said her family was complete.  I’m not comfortable being overly enthusiastic about children in her care, unless the unsafe conditions are remedied. I recall the insect infestation from last season.  She seemed to not care about it, until the show forced her to.  And, then there’s the unhealthy food addictions actively going on within the family, along with verbal altercations within the children’s earshot.  

Amen to ALL of that @SunnyBeBe!!!

• Love 5