Type keyword(s) to search

The Slatons in the Media: Anything for a Dollar

• Start Topic

From the article, this is what I read at first:

"Presently, Tammy takes up most of the screen time  in recent seasons"

I could imagine the rumors of a split are true. Amanda is getting divorced from Michael's brother and the whole family seems to be fed up with Michael's laziness so it looks like they want to get the Halterman brothers out of their lives. Amy missed her own bed more than her husband, complained about Michael and hinted at trouble in Paradise. There's really nothing more to focus on for Amy in a future season, she's had the surgery and two pregnancies. Now the attention is on Tammy's WLS and wedding and Amy desperately needs a story line, attention whore that she is. 

32 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

So where is Tammy's husband?  Also living with Amy?

I would imagine so. Didn't Amy specifically buy a three bedroom house so Tammy would have a room if she needed it someday? 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

According to The Sun article, Amy left him because he is is lazy and is jealous of the kids.  If she thinks he is lazy, he must barely breathe!  

Also it stated that Amy moved in with Tammy.  Tammy was finally making some progress.  Living with Amy is not going to be a positive influence on Tammy.  When pregnant, she is eating for 2.  Afterward, she does not have time to eat so she eats anything she can grab and I bet that is not lettuce.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2
28 minutes ago, Kid said:

According to The Sun article, Amy left him because he is is lazy and is jealous of the kids.  If she thinks he is lazy, he must barely breathe!  

Haha!  Yeah, I can't see Michael as any big loss as a partner.  But Tammy and Amy together, that's not good either.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Just saw this:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7502271/amy-slaton-michael-halterman-1000-lb-sisters-divorce/

I wonder if it's true or not?   Or if it's another storyline, trying to get another season?  

If it's true, Amy is being her usual ignorant self. Why would she & the kids move out & leave Michael with a 3 bedroom house? If they separated, the person who is taking primary care of the kids should be in the house with the kids.

Where is Tammy living? Is it more room than Amy's house? Is Caleb there? Why would Amy move in with Tammy where instead of taking care of Michael the child, she'll have to take care of Tammy the child, & possibly Caleb too. It makes no sense moving out of her own house.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, GaT said:

If it's true, Amy is being her usual ignorant self. Why would she & the kids move out & leave Michael with a 3 bedroom house? If they separated, the person who is taking primary care of the kids should be in the house with the kids.

Where is Tammy living? Is it more room than Amy's house? Is Caleb there? Why would Amy move in with Tammy where instead of taking care of Michael the child, she'll have to take care of Tammy the child, & possibly Caleb too. It makes no sense moving out of her own house.

It sounds like a storyline for Season 5 (I guess next year would be season 5), with a season finale of the great reunion. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
54 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

sounds like a storyline for Season 5 (I guess next year would be season 5), with a season finale of the great reunion

i didn't know this show had a "season finale reunion"? I wonder where the reunion will be filmed. Maybe at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken? 

I have my doubts that Amy dumped her husband. Who is going to drive her and the kids wherever they need to go? Amy can't drive. Neither can Gage or the new baby. Tammy can't drive either. Who will drive Amy to the store to buy purple hair dye?

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, Kid said:

And when he does breathe it's usually through his mouth! 🫨

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
56 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

i didn't know this show had a "season finale reunion"? I wonder where the reunion will be filmed. Maybe at the local Kentucky Fried Chicken? 

I have my doubts that Amy dumped her husband. Who is going to drive her and the kids wherever they need to go? Amy can't drive. Neither can Gage or the new baby. Tammy can't drive either. Who will drive Amy to the store to buy purple hair dye?

I meant that in the season finale Amy will reunite with Michael, and I'm guessing it's all a storyline.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, GaT said:

Oh, I got mixed up. Amy moved in with Tammy, not the other way around. Maybe they’re both back in the duplex? 

• Like 1

I think this is just a bunch of hooey for next season.  Tammy's had the surgery... Does she lose any weight?? Who the hell knows.

But hell's bells, we all know Amy can't see, drive, or take care of those boys by herself!! TAMMY sure isn't able to help her, so my guess is..... TLC! STORYLINE!!!

Lawd knows, neither one of them has anything big going on anymore.  THESE PEOPLE MAKE ME TIRED!!!

(I'm tired a lot since having covid in January.  That MIGHT be the reason for my general lack of enthusiasm for all things 1000 LB Sisters OR 1000 LB Friends OR Dingdong SISTERS or wait for it....JAZ!!!  Her MOM makes me very tired.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
On 2/26/2023 at 4:21 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If that's true, Greece may declare war on the U.S. in retaliation. 

I can’t wait to hear them pronounce Acropolis and Parthenon.

10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Haha!  Yeah, I can't see Michael as any big loss as a partner.  But Tammy and Amy together, that's not good either.  

I think she needed a sire for the two kids and now his job is done.  Also Little Bit was his dog so she had to put up with him or lose the dog.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

But hell's bells, we all know Amy can't see, drive, or take care of those boys by herself!! TAMMY sure isn't able to help her, so my guess is..... TLC! STORYLINE!!!

I don't see where Micheal is any help and more likely just another person to take care of and she doesn't need that.    Uber or bus or taxi can drive Amy. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Uber or bus or taxi can drive Amy. 

There may not be those options in her area.  They're pretty rural.  I live in a small town and there's no taxi or bus available.  Maybe there's Uber, I don't know.

• Like 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

There may not be those options in her area.  They're pretty rural.  I live in a small town and there's no taxi or bus available.  Maybe there's Uber, I don't know.

Okay, but still not a reason to stay married to a lump whom I suspect is more work than help. 

ETA:  I'd bet there's a Walmart or other supermarket around there.  Since 2020 I've been using the online order at our local grocery store, Walmart also offers it.  You can pick it up (maybe one of her family members could do that and drop it off) and in larger areas they deliver.  Easy peasy and even eliminates impulse buying - great if you are trying to eat better. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I was wondering about the duplex. Do they own or rent?

I'm quite sure they rented the two sides, because when Amy bought her house, she was fulfilling her dream of being a homeowner for the first time. 

• Like 1

Oh I'll bet that TLC is blowing this leaked divorce story all out of proportion so people tune in.  I'm guessing what happened is that the spoiled & lazy Amy has a fight with Michael (say what you will but he has a job & seems to give her whatever she wants) & in a snit she leaves & stays with Tammy & hubby (who likely have an aide) for a few days.  He probably had to drive her over to their house too LOL. 

With the creative editing I could see it coming in the episode last night when they set the tone that Michael was lazy because the house wasn't cleaned when she got home, and apparently ignored his crying children & crying wife at the BBQ.  It's all a set-up.  At least that's my theory 😜

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

I’m not really buying that Michael is completely unhelpful, because he’s always the one who’s driving everyone else around and pushing Tammy up grassy hills in her wheelchair (and if you’ve ever pushed someone in a wheelchair, you know that pushing an average-sized person up a grassy hill in a wheelchair is darn near impossible). He is not a lazy man.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
12 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

I’m not really buying that Michael is completely unhelpful, because he’s always the one who’s driving everyone else around and pushing Tammy up grassy hills in her wheelchair (and if you’ve ever pushed someone in a wheelchair, you know that pushing an average-sized person up a grassy hill in a wheelchair is darn near impossible). He is not a lazy man.

No he isn't.  Let's not forget that Tammy lived with him & Amy, and my god we've seen the horrible nasty bitch she can be.  And after working all day he probably would come home & then had to drive to pick them up meals & snacks. 

Yes I pushed my small mother up a grassy slope once & it was nearly impossible, I can't believe the strength it must take to push 600+ lbs. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Oh I'll bet that TLC is blowing this leaked divorce story all out of proportion so people tune in.  I'm guessing what happened is that the spoiled & lazy Amy has a fight with Michael (say what you will but he has a job & seems to give her whatever she wants) & in a snit she leaves & stays with Tammy & hubby (who likely have an aide) for a few days.  He probably had to drive her over to their house too LOL. 

With the creative editing I could see it coming in the episode last night when they set the tone that Michael was lazy because the house wasn't cleaned when she got home, and apparently ignored his crying children & crying wife at the BBQ.  It's all a set-up.  At least that's my theory 😜

I'm not sure what to think.  The season we're watching now was filmed last summer, so if they're really separated now, it had to be over something that happened more recently.  Of course, yeah, the show can spin it however they want.  Even if Michael did something horrible, the show can have Amy say into the camera that Michael didn't help her with the kids and that's why they separated.

• Like 4
On 2/28/2023 at 9:32 PM, magemaud said:

Oh, I got mixed up. Amy moved in with Tammy, not the other way around. Maybe they’re both back in the duplex? 

Who owns the duplex? If it’s a rental I would guess Amy’s side has been rented.  

I think Michael has a job, doesn’t he?    Amy needs to look in that mirror when calling someone lazy.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Who owns the duplex? If it’s a rental I would guess Amy’s side has been rented.  

I think Michael has a job, doesn’t he?    Amy needs to look in that mirror when calling someone lazy.  

Both sides of the duplex were rented by the sisters.    I suspect the 'burglary' was actually the landlord gutting and redoing their property.    The duplexes were trashed by the sisters/tenants, so they needed to be redone or combined into one house for sale, or renting out again.    Even though Amy claimed she was paying Tammy's rent while she was in rehab, I wonder if that was something she actually did, or just claimed for the story line?  

• Like 7

11 hours ago

A romantic proposal! 

I'm just waiting for Tammy to meet someone online who lives in, say, Dubai, and she moves there to marry him. Also, he's a little person. And a mama's boy. With 18 siblings. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I'm just waiting for Tammy to meet someone online who lives in, say, Dubai, and she moves there to marry him. Also, he's a little person. And a mama's boy. With 18 siblings. 

Since she did marry Caleb, it would also qualify for "Seeking Brother Husband" and "90 Day Fiance, the Other Way" 

5 minutes ago, GaT said:

Tammy & Amy yesterday, you can actually see Tammy's weight loss, though I do wonder if she's ever going to walk again

lnbro2bjekla1.jpg?width=617&auto=webp&v=

Walmart, of course! I wonder who that is that is covered up? It looks like The Grim Reaper

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Tammy & Amy yesterday, you can actually see Tammy's weight loss, though I do wonder if she's ever going to walk again

It does not appear that Amy has lost any weight.  If this pic is recent and the season is a year old, well that is not good.

Tammy on the other hand is definitely losing weight.   I wonder if this makes Amy jealous?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

If this pic is recent and the season is a year old, well that is not good.

Glenn was born July, 2022 and Tammy's WLS was a few weeks after that, so what we are watching now was filmed less than a year ago. 

• Like 3

I just realized Tammy doesn't have the trach anymore, just oxygen. I'm surprised to see her standing. Amy wearing the exact same outfit as in the other photo op! It's hard to tell if she lost weight with the jacket zipped over her fupa. 

I had to look it up, SICP holds mixed martial arts events. Maybe Bini will participate! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Some on Reddit are saying the Amy-Michael separation story is probably true since someone Amy knows (a guy named Zachary) put the news in a video he posted, saying he confirmed it with Amy personally.

Even if Amy confirmed the split, it still could be a publicity stunt. 

• Like 4
On 3/1/2023 at 7:46 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They were both renting a side of the duplex. 

Anyone know how much was rent?  I’d guess they were on the weekly payment plan of $20 per week

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just realized Tammy doesn't have the trach anymore, just oxygen. I'm surprised to see her standing. Amy wearing the exact same outfit as in the other photo op! It's hard to tell if she lost weight with the jacket zipped over her fupa. 

I had to look it up, SICP holds mixed martial arts events. Maybe Bini will participate! 

I can’t believe how short Tammy’s legs are.  I wonder if her hips were messed up because her weight wouldn’t allow her legs to be closed properly.  

• Like 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Anyone know how much was rent?  I’d guess they were on the weekly payment plan of $20 per week

I can’t believe how short Tammy’s legs are.  I wonder if her hips were messed up because her weight wouldn’t allow her legs to be closed properly.  

It’s hard to tell, but I don’t think she can straighten her legs at the knees. This is when she arrived at Gage’s first birthday party, right before she went to rehab. 

2D932E30-3BD6-4A73-AC36-F67DCB973927.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

Since she's lost so much weight I'm thinking that her stomach skin apron is covering most of her legs in that photo.  Much like Vanessa on 1000 lb Best Friends, Tammy had a lot of middle belly fat so you know her skin is going to hang.  We're only seeing the bottom half of her legs because the apron is covering the top half.  That's what I think anyway. 

• Like 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, swankie said:

Since she's lost so much weight I'm thinking that her stomach skin apron is covering most of her legs in that photo.  Much like Vanessa on 1000 lb Best Friends, Tammy had a lot of middle belly fat so you know her skin is going to hang.  We're only seeing the bottom half of her legs because the apron is covering the top half.  That's what I think anyway. 

I looked up Tammy and Amy's heights, thinking Tammy was quite a bit shorter than Amy. To my surprise, every source I found but one claims that Amy is 5'4" and Tammy is 5'9"! One article says she's 5'5" which would still make her taller than Amy. I just can't believe any of those statistics are correct. 

However, I've learned to take these estimates with a grain of salt ever since I read several that claim Darcey Silva is 5'7". Not even in her Loubs would she reach that height! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3

Wow, Tammy sure goes through boyfriends at warp speed! Since 2021 there has been Jerry: image.png.ee7d3d2a3f3b9b9c0bf2dd468c164cf0.pngThen the BBW King, Philip: image.png.ce97ea91232fd16dc372be5b73434214.pngfollowed by another guy, Mikey, that I don't think has been discussed on the show: image.png.b55c4d678255dd5ddfb1924716ded545.pngand now she's marrying Caleb? image.png.15bfb9c658ddbac2b3938709ba8f3cb4.png

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I believe the photos of Tammy standing unaided are real but I’m skeptical that this one isn’t heavily (no pun intended) filtered. image.thumb.jpeg.90081770af949f4276f6894d290b608b.jpeg

I also thought the same thing but then I read somewhere that she was using a Dr. Seuss/Whoville filter which accounts for the weird nose. Who knew!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Here's an article about Tammy's weight loss that uses one of the photos from the SICP posted upthread :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11829545/1000lb-Sisters-star-Tammy-Slaton-shows-300lb-weight-loss-new-photos.html

When I clicked on your link, the first pic in the story was of Camilla, with King Charles in the background! Now that’s a transformation!

It was an ad and link for another story on the site, of course. But the internet has a wicked sense of humor. 😉

• Like 1
23 hours ago, magemaud said:

Wow, Tammy sure goes through boyfriends at warp speed! Since 2021 there has been Jerry: image.png.ee7d3d2a3f3b9b9c0bf2dd468c164cf0.pngThen the BBW King, Philip: image.png.ce97ea91232fd16dc372be5b73434214.pngfollowed by another guy, Mikey, that I don't think has been discussed on the show: image.png.b55c4d678255dd5ddfb1924716ded545.pngand now she's marrying Caleb? image.png.15bfb9c658ddbac2b3938709ba8f3cb4.png

I feel like we are preparing for a limited series, The Many Loves of Tammy Slaton. Of course, they are all creepy and off-putting, but they were her loves nonetheless.  Maybe she can scare up the woman she supposedly had a relationship with to create the storyline of the first married loser left her because she's pansexual.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/7/2023 at 6:02 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

SICP photo leads me to ask, what is Tammy wearing?    

Looks like shorts and a matching top.  Bless her heart, she's only in her 30s and looks 80 in that photo.  Amy looks 85.  They have old looking faces.  But then, look at their mother.  She's only in her 60's and looks 100.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1