Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Remember the Alamo

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, ladle said:

Wait, that's totally weird because didn't he say that when they got married "I went from zero kids to four kids"?  So...his biological child wasn't "his" until they got married?  What?

I think he said, when we got married, within a year I went from 0 kids to 4 kids.  So I assume he means that they had a kid right away, after getting married.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think he said, when we got married, within a year I went from 0 kids to 4 kids.  So I assume he means that they had a kid right away, after getting married.

Except that it seems like their daughter was 2 when they got married?

9 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I thought that was her youngest from another husband.  But I don't actually know this as fact. 

I'm not proud of myself for caring enough about this to Google it, but based on this article, Isabella, aged 12, is the child that Kary and Eduardo have together.    

14 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I thought that was her youngest from another husband.  But I don't actually know this as fact. 

Either way, it could have just been a slip of the tongue, everyone seems to be overanalyzing his words. I'm sure glad I don't have a film crew following me around and catching all my slip ups or else they would have caught me saying "I cuteded it" instead of "I cut it" 😂

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Either way, it could have just been a slip of the tongue, everyone seems to be overanalyzing his words. I'm sure glad I don't have a film crew following me around and catching all my slip ups or else they would have caught me saying "I cuteded it" instead of "I cut it" 😂

Katy’s first husband apparently wasn’t in the picture, I took it to mean when they first became a serious couple his life changed.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Brandi was on WWHL and said she has heard rumors that Leeanne has some kind of dirt on Kameron and that’s why Kam has tolerated her. No hints about what said dirt might be. Kam is such a goody two shoes that I cannot even begin to think of what it could be. 

I don't think the dirt is on Kam, but another Westcott maybe Jimmy.  Jimmy had no problem bashing Brandi to D'Andra last season during that cooking segment.  It was obvious to me that LeeAnne had filled Jimmy in on the horrible antics of Brandi and why Brandi was not a person that the Westcotts or Simmons should be associating with.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I did a little digging since this is public info, at least it is here in TX.  There are a few homes with people with the last name Westcott in Dallas. There are Chart, Carl and Jimmy but no Cort. Unless Cort's real name is Carl. But in no way did I see Kam's name listed.  Both names are on the home for Travis/Stephanie. Wasn't able to find the Redmonds, or at least not in Plano where they live..Yes I am nosy! 

Thank you!  I am nosy too, but also lazy.

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Brandi was on WWHL and said she has heard rumors that Leeanne has some kind of dirt on Kameron and that’s why Kam has tolerated her. No hints about what said dirt might be. Kam is such a goody two shoes that I cannot even begin to think of what it could be. 

I am making myself giggle trying to come up with what it could be.  Did Kam use the wrong fork at dinner?  Did she shop at Target?  Did she mail out thank you notes late?  Did she say F-ing in someone's face?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Yes this is so true.  It is like everyone wants to paint a person as racist or not, it is not a black or white issue, it is so gray.  And really, no one is perfect.  I can think of so many people I know who would (like Cort) be high and mighty when in public, or on tv.  Carrying on about how wrong it is, and then telling SERIOUSLY racist jokes behind closed doors, with people he thinks are "safe."  It happens A LOT.  Then Leeanne, who I really don't think would ever tell a racist joke, or make a decision about something based on race, and she is saying some tone-deaf stuff.  But she also doesn't see herself as having any bigotry, so she doesn't censor what she says.  I am weary of the people who are always saying the "right" thing (Cort). 

I totally agree with you.  This is a reality show, so let the tone-deaf comments play out on reality TV.  We've seen almost everything else play out--physical spousal abuse and drug addiction that has reached the point of crawling on the floor for pills on Beverly Hills--so let's just see what happens.

I'm not saying Court is or isn't racist or straight or gay or lying about his height or weight or anything that we haven't been privy to, but it seemed very image-conscious.  It didn't seem like he was coming from a place of concern for humanity at all.

I'm glad Kameron and Stephanie told Kary what Leeanne said, because it was meant in a derogatory way and they had that information, but Kary didn't, so she would have looked foolish if she hadn't been told.  This is clearly a complex issue, though, if Court is more upset than Kary.  

I don't have nearly enough evidence to say "Leeanne is a racist."  I think she made some really insensitive comments about Kary, comments that brought an entire country into it.  The situation is complicated, though, because when they showed the flashbacks, Kary brought up the Mexican thing first.  I know this is a "I can talk shit about my sister, but don't you do it" situation.  But are we just supposed to ignore the fact that Kary was speaking openly about her Mexican heritage, so when Leeanne mocked her, she...used the words Kary used? 

I just feel like there's a lot of contours to this situation and it's very easy and comfortable to write her off as "racist."  What would really push the envelope would be if we could get really honest, Leeanne included, about how we talk about and treat each other.  What makes it so complicated for me is that Leeanne made the comments on camera.  I think there's a huge difference between what people say privately and what people say publicly.  But this is a reality TV show, so how does that fit in??  I would like to explore that.

I know I'm not on the show, so I don't get to give my two cents to Andy, but I would have no problem if someone called me a "c."  If you're not pissing people off, sometimes you're not doing your job.  I'm not Mexican, so it's not a fully apt comparison, but if someone told me that someone called me "that morbid Englishwoman" or that "silly Puerto Rican," (I'm a lot of things), I would do pretty much what Kary did--I'd just be like, "oh, why did you say that" to the person and hear them out, and if I didn't find malign intent, I'd move on.  There are a lot of things that people can say that would cut me to the quick and these don't even hit the top ten.  I hope that gets discussed, because the priority Kary puts on it is part of the conversation.  I'm not sure I get to be more outraged than Kary...I think there's an argument to be made on both sides for that one.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I cannot believe that Kary is as cash poor as she wants us to think.  She went to Thailand and gallivanted around with a bright orange $3500 Hermes bag.  If that is her travelling purse, she probably has close to $100,000 in purses back in Dallas.  Not to mention her jewelry, shoes, and other designer clothes.  If she really needed the money to leave Eduardo, she could discreetly sell these items and keep the money in a secret bank account.  Yes she would be selling at a loss, but some of this designer shit increases in price. Kary wants to keep the designer swag, have real estate in her own name, and have thousands at her disposal.  

Theoretically. Or, like Taylor (RHOBH), the bags could be fake. She did say she went to the Red Light District with her daughter before to buy “fake Gucci.”

On 12/19/2019 at 4:59 PM, biakbiak said:

We have barely seen anything of him, so I don’t think this has been illustrated. 

I agree with this so much. I honestly don’t know what to make of Kary and Eduardo’s marriage. She could be prepping to leave him or she could be prepping in case he leaves her. Kary has pointed out multiple times that he could decide he wants a younger woman and that could be why she’s focused on it now (as opposed to ten years ago when she was younger). I think it’s really hard to know what is driving this martial strife because we’ve mostly seen snippets from Kary’s perspective.  But I’ve watched enough Housewives to believe they are headed for a separation. There does seem to be a complete lack of warmth between the two of them and neither one seems particularly loving toward the other.

11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Hmm I bet it’s something super mild if there’s even anything at all. 

9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I am making myself giggle trying to come up with what it could be.  Did Kam use the wrong fork at dinner?  Did she shop at Target?  Did she mail out thank you notes late?  Did she say F-ing in someone's face?

I still think the big secret is Kam is not a natural blonde, which would be SCANDALOUS for her brand! 

In actuality, when I saw Brandi on WWHL, I worried more it was something Court did, like cheat on Kam or something. I would hate for that to be true, but that is where my brain went. I really hope it’s that she used the wrong fork.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Theoretically. Or, like Taylor (RHOBH), the bags could be fake. She did say she went to the Red Light District with her daughter before to buy “fake Gucci.”

I agree with this so much. I honestly don’t know what to make of Kary and Eduardo’s marriage. She could be prepping to leave him or she could be prepping in case he leaves her. Kary has pointed out multiple times that he could decide he wants a younger woman and that could be why she’s focused on it now (as opposed to ten years ago when she was younger). I think it’s really hard to know what is driving this martial strife because we’ve mostly seen snippets from Kary’s perspective.  But I’ve watched enough Housewives to believe they are headed for a separation. There does seem to be a complete lack of warmth between the two of them and neither one seems particularly loving toward the other.

Word on the street, is that Kary became pregnant when Eduardo was still married to wife #1.  He did not have children with his first wife.  So, he went from divorce, to becoming a dad to Isabella, and stepdad to Kary’s three children when they married. A good friend of Leeanne is very close to wife #1. (the good friend is Kim Gatlin, the creator of GCB)

Usually, the saying goes, if he will cheat with you, he will eventually cheat on you with someone else. 

I find it so odd that when Kary came on the show she was 1)quick to discuss her discomfort with Eduardo over finances 2)clearly had a strategy to aggravate Leeanne.  I have to wonder what was going through Eduardo’s mind when he watched what Kary had to say about him. Something is off with her.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Useful 7
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Usually, the saying goes, if he will cheat with you, he will eventually cheat on you with someone else. 

Yep, along with this saying:  The way you got him is the way you'll lose him.

IMO, the reason we see Kary staying in tip-top shape, working out on vacation, making sure she stays as youthful and beautiful as possible, is because she's very afraid that Eduardo will, or maybe already has, found her replacement.  

She's verbalized it many times now, and that's just not normal in a healthy marriage.

She's always sleeping with one eye open, knowing that if/when he replaces her with a newer, younger version, she'll not only be alone and closer to 50, but alone and nearly broke.

As Jacqueline (Jane Krakowski) said in "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" about her husband's ex-wife and why he divorced her:  "She turned 50.  I'd never do that".

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

ITA! 

What was more interesting to me was in the WWHL Aftershow, Andy asked the ladies that if they had a choice, what housewife would you replace on your show and what housewife from another show would you swap her with?
Brandy answered that she would swap out Kam.  Really?!  Not Leeanne that you think was at best inappropriate and at worst racist?!  Or...does that mean she didn’t consider that Leeanne was still in the mix?

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I still think the big secret is Kam is not a natural blonde, which would be SCANDALOUS for her brand! 

In actuality, when I saw Brandi on WWHL, I worried more it was something Court did, like cheat on Kam or something. I would hate for that to be true, but that is where my brain went. I really hope it’s that she used the wrong fork.

LOL! 

I hope that's not true either. 😞

• Love 1
9 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

ITA! 

What was more interesting to me was in the WWHL Aftershow, Andy asked the ladies that if they had a choice, what housewife would you replace on your show and what housewife from another show would you swap her with?
Brandy answered that she would swap out Kam.  Really?!  Not Leeanne that you think was at best inappropriate and at worst racist?!  Or...does that mean she didn’t consider that Leeanne was still in the mix?

Wow. I need to watch the Aftershow. I mean, Brandi and LeeAnne were the ones chosen from Dallas to appear at BravoCon and they seemed chummy from the little I saw, but the preview of the reunion makes it look like Brandi is really mad at LeeAnne. 

Also, thanks for the tea in your previous post re: Eduardo and his first wife. If I were approaching 50 and that’s how I got together with my husband, I think I would be scared he was about to run off too. It’s pretty clear to me, even though Kary seems very capable of standing up for herself, that Eduardo holds most of the power in the relationship. Not making a judgment on their arrangement either way, but I wouldn’t feel secure if I were Kary (although, I can’t picture myself having an affair with a married man so I do think it’s fair to think Kary should have had some sense of her potential expiration date). It’s all painful to watch and makes me wonder what their relationship was like when they first married. How demonstrative and loving were they then?

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Sterling said:

IMO, the reason we see Kary staying in tip-top shape, working out on vacation, making sure she stays as youthful and beautiful as possible, is because she's very afraid that Eduardo will, or maybe already has, found her replacement.  

I beg to differ.  I like working out (even on vacation) because I like working out (I'm 62).  My frame of reference is if people do not like working out--they don't.  And that is okay. I think this whole Eduardo business is a storyline.  Nothing more. The next few seasons will prove me right or wrong. 

They seem okay to me.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

Word on the street, is that Kary became pregnant when Eduardo was still married to wife #1.  He did not have children with his first wife.  So, he went from divorce, to becoming a dad to Isabella, and stepdad to Kary’s three children when they married. A good friend of Leeanne is very close to wife #1. (the good friend is Kim Gatlin, the creator of GCB)

I find it so odd that when Kary came on the show she was 1)quick to discuss her discomfort with Eduardo over finances 2)clearly had a strategy to aggravate Leeanne.  I have to wonder what was going through Eduardo’s mind when he watched what Kary had to say about him. Something is off with her.

That explains why Kary came on with preconceived ideas about LeeAnne.  Something is off indeed, Kary needs to get a grip.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That explains why Kary came on with preconceived ideas about LeeAnne.  Something is off indeed, K

Once again, I beg to differ.  I give the "chirpy Mexican" (while imitating jerking off) a pass.  I don't think you need to be a MENSA charter member to see LeeAne.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, albarino said:

Once again, I beg to differ.  I give the "chirpy Mexican" (while imitating jerking off) a pass.  I don't think you need to be a MENSA charter member to see LeeAne.

Yeah, but Kary came in hot, gunning for LeeAnn from the start. It was clear that she had an agenda.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, albarino said:

I beg to differ.  I like working out (even on vacation) because I like working out (I'm 62).  My frame of reference is if people do not like working out--they don't.  And that is okay. I think this whole Eduardo business is a storyline.  Nothing more. The next few seasons will prove me right or wrong. 

They seem okay to me.

LOL, I'm right there with you, very close in age.  And like you, I work out as do most of my friends.  60 is not the same as it was 30 years ago!

But Kary just doesn't seem like she's acting when she says these things about worrying whether Eduardo will leave her for a younger woman.

I suspect that, for Kary, it comes from the fact that he left someone else for her, so she's realizing that her time may be up.

Add to that, her insecurity regarding finances, and I do think she's trying to get her ducks in a row, should she have to start all over.

I'm actually a Kary fan (although I find her gravelly voice annoying, but I'm not sure she can help that), but I can see why others don't.  

I do think that she likely didn't have a problem being the other woman when she was younger, as it served her then.  She found a rich, handsome husband, who was willing to take on her 3 children.  Now that she's on the other side of it, she's feeling jittery.  We see many Housewives go through this same thing, and I suspect we'll see her on the "woohoo single Housewives list" sooner than later.

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Just catching up during coronavirus -- I think Sterling hit the nail on the head regarding that relationship.  Kary was happy enough with the status quo, but then found out Eduardo has a mistress.  He's not giving her up, and Kary has to like it or lump it.  Naturally, Kary is lumping it big time and is angry and frustrated about her lack of power in the relationship.  She'd like to leave, but would face being a pauper compared with her current situation.  So she stews about how to get out of a marriage where she's become second banana.

If she already had a 2 year old child by him at the time they married, she was probably content just to legitimize her child and get the Mrs. in front of her name, not to mention access to his income.  Now that she's older and wiser in the ways of the world, she realizes the position she's in and is clearly a very unhappy woman.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2019 at 6:28 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I feel really bad but i keep picturing Kary screaming I want you dead and i want your money  Ala debbie from adams family values everytime she bitches about how he doesnt give her all the money she wants ... cause she never speaks about love with him its ALWAYS about money ...

th.jpg

This is why wealthy people usually marry other wealthy people.  A  family with that kind of money makes a Trust in order to keep the family assets intact, especially when a marriage takes place and the financial status is so disparate.  Otherwise, some grasping (say, broke with kids) woman can wangle her way into the family with looks and sex appeal being her only assets, and later dump him and make a claim on the money -- that neither of them actually earned.

So Kary is chafing at this arrangement probably having learned years ago that the Trust is there to keep her hands off Eduardo's family money.  If you think about it, his family probably feels he's been generous enough already, supporting in style three kids that aren't even his.  (This fact alone would successfully torpedo any claim of 'financial abuse'.)

The idea behind a pre-nuptial agreement is to put a plan in place for the future.  It's common for a financial settlement to be paid to the non-wealthy partner to compensate them for signing the agreement. 

Kary probably did get some sort of financial settlement, but then blew through it instead of investing it or keeping it aside as separate property for her own benefit or that of her children.  So now here she sits wanting to quit the marriage and knowing she's signed away whatever legal rights she had to force him to give her anything more.

I think it's pretty likely that Kary has few business skills and if she was ever gainfully employed, it's meaningless at this point.  All she knows now is how to be the pampered wife of a wealthy man.  Her knowledge is probably strictly limited to buying baubles and following fashion.  That's not going to get her very far in the business world.  Plus she's still got kids to finish raising and she's too old to catch another good-looking rich husband this time around. 

Working with what looks and sex appeal she still has, she'll need to go up substantially in age for her next rich husband.  Anybody remember Charro??  Coochie coochie!!  Maybe Kary can take up learning Flamenco guitar.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3