Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Remember the Alamo

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Men like Eduardo......throw every penny back at your face you spend.  Whether it is food for the family, school uniforms or a pair of Gucci sandals!  This is no way to live.

Sure, there are men like that. I just don't think Eduardo is one of them. She spends his money freely and goes where ever she wants when ever she wants.  If she agreed to marry him without a nice iron clad pre-nup than that's on her. 10 yrs. later it's now a problem because she's getting older and maybe afraid he can kick her to the curb for a younger version. Better get that jewelry line together soon, Kary!

36 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Any woman trying to hook Eduardo.....you will be Kary in another 10 years. Not worth it!

Maybe she should have thought about what she was getting in to before she married him. I guess the $$$ signs were too enticing for her at the time. Like I said, marrying in to wealth can be complicated. 

45 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Brandi is the only one in a regular financial  marriage.

How do you know that? Brian has shown himself to be a jerk in past season's so I would not be so sure they are in a "regular financial marriage".

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Karie wants to feel financially secure? Can she not work and make herself financially secure? was she wealthy before they got married? Did she not work? was she just looking for someone to take care of her?  When she married this man did she not know the financial situation before hand? I'm sorry she is coming across has a gold digger in this.....  I'm not understanding this give me money so I can leave you argument ... because everyone watching this show sees that the only reason she wants the money is to leave him...She has pretty much pointed this out ...  I get if you both contributed to the marriage but shes just expecting to be handed things so she can set up her own life and move on ... she is basically telling this man i am only with you for your family's money how fucked up is that? If i had my own money i wouldn't be with you I don't want you I want your money ....That is some Gold Digger status right there... shes got the balls to leave it all on the table like that I'll give her that. but its not coming across to well... I get wanting to get out of a marriage if its bad but it seems like the only reason she is with him is for the cash that's all she bitches about not he treats her bad or doesn't love her or doesn't provide for her children or he is a bad father or husband or he abuses her or is mean to her .. its he doesn't buy houses in my name or he doesn't put the money in MY bank account .....come on now..... its coming across she only sees and saw him has a bank account and is now upset he hasn't  "set" her up so she can have a rich life without him....  ....

He has financially abuse her in the marriage.  It is a real defense. 

She is getting it all on tape.....probably under the advise of a lawyer.

Eduardo is fucked!  He never bought her a marital home in 10 years.

It is strong evidence for her case.

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

He has financially abuse her in the marriage.  It is a real defense. 

She is getting it all on tape.....probably under the advise of a lawyer.

Eduardo is fucked!  He never bought her a marital home in 10 years.

It is strong evidence for her case.

I'm sorry she has talked about how she vacations freely spends all the money she wants goes where she wants without him travels how he spends money on the children how she can come and go as she pleases .... how is that being financially abused? She wants to be the one in control and have the power in the marriage that is the real issue and its pissing her off  ... she is the one shown to be harping on GIVE ME MONEY SO I CAN LEAVE YOU .... She has pretty much said that to his face... I don't love you i love your money ... shes a gold digger... hes not been shown to lord anything over her she is the one that is all about the money... she wants a pay out .....I'm sorry i am all for getting out of a bad marriage but she is the one that is coming across has the only reason she married him is for the money so shes causing the bad marriage .... Hey i could be wrong and he could be an asshole and she could be trapped in a bad marriage but from everything we have been shown so far she is the one causing and pushing the issue.. Its only about her being financially secure so she can leave him nothing about hes a bad husband and mistreats her he just doesn't buy houses in her name so she can one day "hypothetically" leave him ......

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Sure, there are men like that. I just don't think Eduardo is one of them. She spends his money freely and goes where ever she wants when ever she wants.  If she agreed to marry him without a nice iron clad pre-nup than that's on her. 10 yrs. later it's now a problem because she's getting older and maybe afraid he can kick her to the curb for a younger version. Better get that jewelry line together soon, Kary!

I agree that Eduardo doesn't seem to be that way either. We haven't seen much of their dynamic or marriage, so we can only base it on what Kary tells us and the small amount of screen time Eduardo had. And the majority of time we saw him would be at an awkward dinner at a restaurant where she would put him on the spot about her not being financially secure on her own. (on TV no less!) So far I don't get the impression that he is as controlling as she says he is. And let's not forget Kary has said she doesn't like to do what other people tell her to do, so how are we to believe she lets Eduardo control all her spending, etc?

• Love 20

If this was a Eduardo telling his wife I don't love you and i would be gone if you would just put houses in my name EVERYONE would be screaming how horrible that is .... how he should make his own money and go ..... why is it different because its Karey? I'm just baffled about this .... She isnt going to be destitute if they divorced.... he isnt just going to throw her to the wolves....She just wont have the never ending family trust to siphon off of anymore..... she is checked out of this marriage and that's sad  but pretty much stating I am only staying because you are loaded  ( so the marriage couldn't be that bad if money is making her stick around) and if you would help me get loaded Id be gone is super super fucked up

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17

The $5+ million home that Stephanie and Travis live in is in both of their names.

The homes on the show that are owned by family trusts are just that.....family trusts.  D'Andra and Jeremy's home is owned by her family's trust, as is the home that Kary and Eduardo live in.  This does leave both Jeremy and Kary vulnerable in the event of divorce.

Then again, if the home is not in Kary's (or Jeremy's) name, there is no liability for the mortgage, should financial difficulties befall the party responsible for its payment.  But there is no equity to be shared either, in the event of a sale.

What does seem clear is that Kary is having difficulties in her marriage, and unfortunately, I think we'll see this play out in the near future.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, there are alot posting here that agree with me so don't go hurling insults at me!

And for the record, for me this is only about Kary, not women in general. 

Not insults. Do not take it personal.

You broke down my comment and showed her no mercy at All! That is cold!

You held Kary responsible for choices she made 10+ years ago regarding her child and marrying her child’s father. Of course, her other 3 children.

You act like women cannot negotiate their divorce when it is obvious there is financial abuse going on.

People are agreeing with you because they don’t like Kary or her boldness about her marriage on camera.

You don’t want to see it as a women’s issue because if it was happening to you or a loved one.....you would not be saying those things.  It is hate only for Kary.

Regardless, Kary has a case! A strong one! 

At this point she is talking to him because this is what you are supposed to do before you start writing huge checks to lawyers. It is good to act bold during negotiations because then you know where you stand.

34 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

People are agreeing with you because they don’t like Kary or her boldness about her marriage on camera.

That is not the case for me. I actually like Kary to be honest (bc she stands up to Leanne  when no one else will) and my opinion on Eduardo has nothing to do with whether I like her or not. To me, she seems to be blindsiding him with this on camera, which I do have an issue with. especially since we don't know she has ever brought this up in private.  We also don't know for a fact that he is "financially" abusing her at all. As many have stated before, she seems to live a pretty good life (once again my opinion) and so we are only basing this on her words only but no evidence of it on camera. 

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 15

I personally don’t know if Kary is a gold digger or if Eduardo is financially abusive. However, I know men with more humble situations who still have that “my” attitude toward everything, and if he has that as Kary implied, I don’t like it. As soon as she said the “my house,” comment, I thought oh no not one of those guys! There are men who literally say it’s their house so they have a say on everything, or they bought the TV so they get to choose what to watch. I was shocked when Travis got a house without his wife having a say because he’s the one bringing in the money. A husband and wife should be a team imo. Neither one should take advantage of each other. Gold digging isn’t cute, and neither is being stingy and letting your wife feel she’s a guest in the place she calls home.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I personally don’t know if Kary is a gold digger or if Eduardo is financially abusive. However, I know men with more humble situations who still have that “my” attitude toward everything, and if he has that as Kary implied, I don’t like it. As soon as she said the “my house,” comment, I thought oh no not one of those guys! There are men who literally say it’s their house so they have a say on everything, or they bought the TV so they get to choose what to watch. I was shocked when Travis got a house without his wife having a say because he’s the one bringing in the money. A husband and wife should be a team imo. Neither one should take advantage of each other. Gold digging isn’t cute, and neither is being stingy and letting your wife feel she’s a guest in the place she calls home.

I do agree with this and if he really is not treating her like his equal, that is an issue. However, I don't think this happened overnight. Most likely this is how it has been the whole time they have been married and possibly even before since she doesn't seem to have had a career before marrying him. Now that they are 10 years into the marriage, now it's a problem?? I guess that is what is odd to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

That is not the case for me. I actually like Kary to be honest (bc she stands up to Leanne  when no one else will) and my opinion on Eduardo has nothing to do with whether I like her or not. To me, she seems to be blindsiding him with this on camera, which I do have an issue with. especially since we don't know she has ever brought this up in private.  We also don't know for a fact that he is "financially" abusing her at all. As many have stated before, she seems to live a pretty good life (once again my opinion) and so we are only basing this on her words only but no evidence of it on camera. 

I am also still wishy-washy on her...but, it is because she is wishy-washy herself.

The one thing I immediately liked about Kary was her boldness to confront her marriage issues on camera. 

A lot of people comment on her lifestyle. Both adult & children can have access to their family’s extravagant lifestyle....but, no control over the finances. 

Kary already told us she has no control over the finances or a marital home protected by community property laws.

This right here is the red flag! 

You are not allowed to protect yourself with your family’s trust.....and, freeze out your spouse. 

Kary’s 10 year marriage is supposed to benefit her ........not, just Eduardo and his family business.....and, their Trust!

All his earnings go into the Trust....????.......they get everything.  Kary is not even collecting her half of the Interest. The same way she has not collected anything on their home.

Who cares if keeps her like a Queen!  This is pointless.

If he is only spending 10% of his income (which can be millions) on Kary and the children.....she is still not benefiting from her fair share protected by community property laws.

When Kary asks for her fair share or even something as basic as a marital home.  

He tells her no. He controls all the finances.

Not even a joint spousal account!  Wow!

This is when the psychological financial abuse is going on. 

Eduardo lies and manipulates and this is why Kary is catching it all on camera.

The gold digging part is interesting.  Most women are forced to sign an unfair prenup to prove they are not gold diggers.  Then they spend the rest of their marriage having to prove they are not gold diggers. 

When are they not gold diggers anymore? 

Wanting peace of mind with a marital home and spousal joint bank account.....protected by community property laws. 

Is this what people consider gold digging???

Potamac Ashley has a marriage like this.  Michael broke up with her and then made her sign a second prenup giving up her rights before he got back with her.

Michael  did it on camera, too!

These men........should stop playing games and never marry. Not even date!

Stop giving women the illusion they are great providers, husbands and fathers!

• Love 2

Leeanne: "I was raised by a Hispanic family."

Me: Huge eyeroll. "Of course you were!" 

Wasn't she raised by her grandmother? Didn't we hear the sob stories about crying for her mother in the street after her mother left her at grandma's house? Where did this supposed Hispanic family come from?

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I am also still wishy-washy on her...but, it is because she is wishy-washy herself.

The one thing I immediately liked about Kary was her boldness to confront her marriage issues on camera. 

A lot of people comment on her lifestyle. Both adult & children can have access to their family’s extravagant lifestyle....but, no control over the finances. 

Kary already told us she has no control over the finances or a marital home protected by community property laws.

This right here is the red flag! 

You are not allowed to protect yourself with your family’s trust.....and, freeze out your spouse. 

Kary’s 10 year marriage is supposed to benefit her ........not, just Eduardo and his family business.....and, their Trust!

All his earnings go into the Trust....????.......they get everything.  Kary is not even collecting her half of the Interest. The same way she has not collected anything on their home.

Who cares if keeps her like a Queen!  This is pointless.

If he is only spending 10% of his income (which can be millions) on Kary and the children.....she is still not benefiting from her fair share protected by community property laws.

When Kary asks for her fair share or even something as basic as a marital home.  

He tells her no. He controls all the finances.

Not even a joint spousal account!  Wow!

This is when the psychological financial abuse is going on. 

The gold digging part is interesting.  Most women are forced to sign an unfair prenup to prove they are not gold diggers.  Then they spend the rest of their marriage having to prove they are not gold diggers. 

When are they not gold diggers anymore? 

Wanting peace of mind with a marital home and spousal joint bank account.....protected by community property laws. 

Potamac Ashley has a marriage like this.  Michael broke up with her and then made her sign a second prenup giving up her rights before he got back with her.

Michael  did it on camera, too!

These men........should stop playing games and never marry. Not even date!

Stop giving women the illusion they are great providers, husbands and fathers!

Telling your partner I want assets basically so I can “hypothetically” leave you and I haven’t divorced you because of that ... yes that’s  being a gold digger. If the only thing keeping her there is his family’s  money that’s the definition of a gold digger. She NOW wants assets? 10 years in and NOW it’s an issue? 10 years and she hasn’t put money aside herself? She is an able bodied person who can work. If the marriage was that bad she could have  left at anytime but basically stating she’s staying for the money? She wants him to bankroll her life so she can again “hypothetically” leave him one day? This whole thing isn’t about love to her it’s about money and that’s really sad. It’s coming across as she sees him as a checkbook and not a husband 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

This is how financial abuse affects a marriage.  The whole ‘mine’ attitude you describe.

Every little thing in your marriage becomes a power struggle center on financial inequality.

I have heard of an instance when a wife had to wait to use the bathroom any time her husband wanted to use it.  My house. My bathroom.

13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh please.  He doesn’t want the “appearance” of being racist.  He didn’t care about any of it except that Kam not appear racist in public.  You think the old money Dallas types are pitch perfect?  In public yeah.

Yeah, I don't condone what LeeAnne said - AT ALL - but I'm also rolling my eyes at Cort's indignation. Anyone listen to the Bitch Sesh podcast? There was an audience member at one of the live shows who reported sitting next to Cort's brother at a wedding and he was brazenly saying a lot of anti-Semitic stuff at the table. Now, I know Cort is not his brother, and shouldn't be judged by him, but I get the distinct feeling Cort's "offense" is strictly about appearances. Which...if that is the case...I'd rather you be like LeeAnne and be visible in your bigotry than hiding it behind clutched pearls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

Pretty much.  And the thing is - Kary, like Ashley Darby obviously went into this with eyes wide open.  No guns to the head!  When they are over the guy, they don't want to leave the money so they stay and get angry.

And the thing is, I am sure Eduardo would be sure she can survive, along with the kids.  Or at least his kid - the father of her other kids should be providing for them.  Kary wants to keep the SUPER wealthy life, but without the guy.  Yeah lady that's not how it works.

13 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yeah, I don't condone what LeeAnne said - AT ALL - but I'm also rolling my eyes at Cort's indignation.

It was like a badly staged play.  Cort is not a good actor, and seemed to me visibly nervous that people would talk.  He never said that he feels hurt for Kary - he doesn't care about that.  He is nervous about protecting his reputation.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

I guess I missed this.

I like Kari and I hope she achieves some financial independence since that seems important to her.  Why didn't she start achieving this goal ten years ago when she got married?  It seems clear she could have.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yeah, I don't condone what LeeAnne said - AT ALL - but I'm also rolling my eyes at Cort's indignation. Anyone listen to the Bitch Sesh podcast? There was an audience member at one of the live shows who reported sitting next to Cort's brother at a wedding and he was brazenly saying a lot of anti-Semitic stuff at the table. Now, I know Cort is not his brother, and shouldn't be judged by him, but I get the distinct feeling Cort's "offense" is strictly about appearances. Which...if that is the case...I'd rather you be like LeeAnne and be visible in your bigotry than hiding it behind clutched pearls.

Isn't his brother's name "Shart?"  Or am I remembering this wrong?

• LOL 8
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

We have barely seen anything of him, so I don’t think this has been illustrated. 

I completely agree with this.  Huge leaps to firm conclusions are being made on almost no evidence.

I also think that financial independence doesn't come from someone handing you money.  You're not independent if your wealth comes as a gift or via coercion or guilting someone else.  You'll always be obligated on some level to the person who "gave" you your independence.  You make your own independence by creating it yourself.  I don't know what's been stopping her, other than some strange sort of entitlement.  Surely with such a rich husband, Kary's had nannies to take care of the kids.  So why not go out and get a job?  It sure beats the "make me independent or I'll hold my breath till I turn blue" strategy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I completely agree with this.  Huge leaps to firm conclusions are being made on almost no evidence.

I also think that financial independence doesn't come from someone handing you money.  You're not independent if your wealth comes as a gift or via coercion or guilting someone else.  You'll always be obligated on some level to the person who "gave" you your independence.  You make your own independence by creating it yourself.  I don't know what's been stopping her, other than some strange sort of entitlement.  Surely with such a rich husband, Kary's had nannies to take care of the kids.  So why not go out and get a job?  It sure beats the "make me independent or I'll hold my breath till I turn blue" strategy.

That is one of the things that annoys me the most. She is basically funding her jewelry line with his money (i call it "his" money b/c she is claiming he controls what she spends) so she can be "financially stable" but then wants to claim he is so controlling with money. Why would he allow her to use money for her jewelry business if he was that controlling and manipulative. That just doesn't make sense to me at all.  I am with some of the other posters here in saying we have seen no evidence of him being a liar or controlling, etc. The only evidence we have comes from Kary's accusations.

• Love 17

I have a different perspective on the family trust and being excluded issue.  Mr. Eclectic and I have been together 11 years and married for 7 years.  It's the second marriage for both of us and we both have grown adult children. I work and make a good salary and do contribute to the household, though he is the major contributor.  We have never co-mingled finances and his business and property where we reside are in a family trust. He did have that "my" mentality for awhile as a result of a bad ending to his first marriage decades ago, but after a few years of marriage, he added me to his family trust.  He wanted to make sure that I was taken care of should he go before me. I really appreciate that concern and the respect he gave to me and our marriage.  We are undeniably a team, working together for a good life, traveling often and looking forward to retirement where we travel more.  This teamwork appears to be lacking in Kary and Eduardo's relationship.  She should be contributing and maybe she is in her way, with taking care of him and their daughter, but he also should show her and their marriage respect.    

• Love 4
1 hour ago, eclectcmoi said:

but he also should show her and their marriage respect.    

But we know nothing about the family trust and who controls it, it’s entirely possible adding her to it is not something he can do.
All of the conversations we have seen Kary have with Eduardo are all about her and nothing about their relationship. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14

The thing that bugs me most about Kary is that she cannot let anyone finish a sentence! She interrupts and talks over nearly everyone, and inserts herself in matters that don't concern her. I actually can't stand that in anybody, but she does it repeatedly. I don't condone a lot of LeeAnne's behaviour but think the problems between these two are exacerbated by the way they communicate - they just push each other's buttons. LeeAnne is absolutely exhausting and a loon but I kind of feel for her when they all gang up on her, even if they call it "having Kary's back". I am impressed with the way Kam has handled everything in the last few episodes - much more likeable than her ditzy pink Barbie persona.

Loved that everyone at the party was dressed in blue. Stephanie looked gorgeous and her hair was so cute and flattering - miles better than that tragic wig in her THs.

I have been so distracted by D'Andra's massive dangling earrings that bring attention to the fact that one ear is lower than the other - I have the same problem. Loved Mama Dee chowing down!

• Love 11

Leanne is a racist it’s obv. Not hardcore go to rallys racist but she’s fucking racist. She always tries to bring everything back to herself. It’s annoying. How she can double down and try to defend herself is ridiculous.

Court saved Kameron lmao. Love it.

I wouldn’t mind Leanns leaving the show honestly.

I am liking the rest of the cast.

• Love 7

Hmm.  I understand why the other women don't want to say out loud that LeeAnn is racist but she's showing that she is.

Did Kary say what she was doing before she met and married Eduardo?  Did Kary say she had/has nannies?  Did Kary say that Eduardo, who controls the relationship, that he was supportive of her having a career outside the marriage?  I don't know.  There's a lot to situation that we don't know.

What bothers me is that it seems that Eduardo, who apparently has a job and his own income, doesn't treat his marriage as a partnership.  He blames everything on the trust.  That's an excuse.  He has his 'own' money and if he wanted to purchase a home in both their names, he could.  He doesn't want to.  For me, that's not a good relationship.  I know others will disagree.  Why did he marry Kari?  There's nothing wrong with a prenup.  However, it seems that he can't give up anything.

Someone mentioned up thread Ashley Darby.  Ashley does have a prenup but over time she gets an increment settlement if the marriage ends.  It seems that Kari will get nothing because Eduardo 'uses' the trust excuse. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It seems that Kari will get nothing because Eduardo 'uses' the trust excuse. 

Or just not enough to keep her in a divorce. I doubt she gets nothing because those are often challenged in court.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Or just not enough to keep her in a divorce. I doubt she gets nothing because those are often challenged in court.

When I say nothing it's in comparison to Eduardo's wealth during their marriage.  Look at what Shannon got without a prenup in comparison to 'David's' wealth during their marriage.

I guess I'm old fashioned and somewhat traditional.  For me, marriage is a partnership.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Do we think Mamma D is reluctant to give D'andra money because she married someone who does not really bring home the bacon?  Like it would be a different scenario if that hunky husband of hers made big money?

I think Mama Dee is reluctant for exactly the reason she says - that D'Andra would spend it all on nonsense and then want more.  LOL at D'Andra becoming a self-made millionaire - it looks like she has done some work with Travis and getting on HSN, but she still seems to think the best way to make "her company" bigger and better is for Mama Dee to give her the money.  Now!

13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't see any indication that Eduardo is unkind. I see a man patiently sitting through his wife's money manipulations on national TV.  He's doing her a big favor to support her storyline.

One of the reasons I don't like her is that it seems to me that she drags all of her family members in front of the cameras to have conversations that make them uncomfortable.  Remember her daughter and how she was grilling her about her intentions to marry her boyfriend?  He and his family will probably see that and the daughter didn't seem happy with that conversation at all.

12 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Karie wants to feel financially secure? Can she not work and make herself financially secure? 

She's working hard at pushing Leanne's buttons and earning that Bravo paycheck!

4 hours ago, lizajane said:

The thing that bugs me most about Kary is that she cannot let anyone finish a sentence! She interrupts and talks over nearly everyone, and inserts herself in matters that don't concern her. I actually can't stand that in anybody, but she does it repeatedly. I don't condone a lot of LeeAnne's behaviour but think the problems between these two are exacerbated by the way they communicate - they just push each other's buttons. LeeAnne is absolutely exhausting and a loon but I kind of feel for her when they all gang up on her, even if they call it "having Kary's back". I am impressed with the way Kam has handled everything in the last few episodes - much more likeable than her ditzy pink Barbie persona.

I was impressed with Kam's behavior in Thailand but not so much tonight.  I wonder how they set up these series finales and how they get the women to agree?  I don't have a problem with Kam telling Kary or telling off Leanne, but the little boy's party was not the time or place at all.  And then in the telling, Kam seems to once again be missing the real point - "You think I'm afraid of you?  You should be afraid of ME!!"  Whatever bitch.

Leanne is mean and crazy and her remarks were racist, but I still think she was just responding to Kary's self-created personae - she seems to want to be seen as a little Mexican firecracker, and that's what Leanne went after.  If Kary had instead tried to position herself as some kind of domestic goddess a la Yolanda Foster, I bet Leanne would be angrily calling her "Wifey" and screaming about how she thinks she's so great in that arena.

Kary does do a good job of needling her and getting a reaction; I LOL when poor stupid D'andra tries to jump in and still sucks at it and gets shut down by Leanne immediately 😄 

• Love 12
On 12/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, angelamh66 said:

I was a little disappointed in the other women for hem hawing in their talking heads when asked if LeAnne is a racist. I wonder if when some of them see the footage for the first time (that were not real time witnesses to the comments) they will feel differently. The words she said were bad enough... but her delivery leaves no room for doubt regarding her intentions. 

I'm not saying she's not a bigot, but she's also kind of an equal opportunity asshole, so maybe without seeing the footage they thought that's what was going on, or they just don't want to commit to such strong words as racist/bigot on camera even if they feel that way.  This being Bravo, she could somehow weasel out of it at the reunion and leave the ones calling her out looking like the assholes.  I guess also they didn't know if it was all just going to be edited out.  

18 hours ago, dosodog said:

Enlighten me.  Is Texas NOT a community property state?  Did Kary sign a prenup?  Does the prenup nullify sharing any money earned after the marriage?

If they divorce, wouldn't she get half of the money earned during the marriage?

Kary has talked about her prenup repeatedly.  According to her she gets nothing and all the wealth is in Eduardo's family trust.  It is possible if he works for the family business that a lot of their belongings and expenses are covered through the business or the trust and he collects a very small salary, so the proceeds of the marriage are minimal.  We already know all the real estate is owned through the trust.

14 hours ago, Sterling said:

The $5+ million home that Stephanie and Travis live in is in both of their names.

The homes on the show that are owned by family trusts are just that.....family trusts.  D'Andra and Jeremy's home is owned by her family's trust, as is the home that Kary and Eduardo live in.  This does leave both Jeremy and Kary vulnerable in the event of divorce.

Then again, if the home is not in Kary's (or Jeremy's) name, there is no liability for the mortgage, should financial difficulties befall the party responsible for its payment.  But there is no equity to be shared either, in the event of a sale.

What does seem clear is that Kary is having difficulties in her marriage, and unfortunately, I think we'll see this play out in the near future.

I'm assuming the Redmond house is in both Brandy & Brian's names.  I don't care about LeAnne and Rich's condo.  I wonder about Cam's house.  I'm assuming that one is own by the Wescott family trust.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Did Kary say what she was doing before she met and married Eduardo?  Did Kary say she had/has nannies?  Did Kary say that Eduardo, who controls the relationship, that he was supportive of her having a career outside the marriage? 

Since it seems like he or his family trust is  the one bankrolling that "career" ( her flying to diffrent countries to buy beads and stones and whatever else she needs) id say he is fine with it.. The picture she is trying to paint of him and the one that we have seen on the show so far arnt matching up.... Can he be an asshole? I'm sure he can but isnt everyone every now and then when you butt heads in a relationship? She is a very strong willed person who NEEDS to be in control that is her big thing DONT tell her what to do ... so I'm thinking when he doesnt tell her yes she takes that as him withholding from her... yes marriage is a 50/50 thing but with her she seems like she has the be the driver and its her way or no way ..... Is that  a bad thing? I mean i guess it has worked for them for the last 10 years... Again her gripe with him isnt hes a bad man or father its he is the one that has the money hes not putting houses and bank accounts in her name ...I'm sure for tax related reasons everything is in the trust name and he really has no control over that I could be wrong ..however I think She wants out of the marrage and is trying everything to take some mone with her that she really isnt Entiltled to .. she wants the lifestyle and not the husband .... I'm sure when he wants money he has to go to the trustie himself and ask for it .... there is more to this story then she is telling and we are being shown 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10

I cannot believe that Kary is as cash poor as she wants us to think.  She went to Thailand and gallivanted around with a bright orange $3500 Hermes bag.  If that is her travelling purse, she probably has close to $100,000 in purses back in Dallas.  Not to mention her jewelry, shoes, and other designer clothes.  If she really needed the money to leave Eduardo, she could discreetly sell these items and keep the money in a secret bank account.  Yes she would be selling at a loss, but some of this designer shit increases in price. Kary wants to keep the designer swag, have real estate in her own name, and have thousands at her disposal.  

• Love 19

I feel really bad but i keep picturing Kary screaming I want you dead and i want your money  Ala debbie from adams family values everytime she bitches about how he doesnt give her all the money she wants ... cause she never speaks about love with him its ALWAYS about money ...

th.jpg

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think there are lots of people out there who don't understand that there are different levels of racism/bigotry.

There's a scene in "The Blind Side" where Sandra Bullock's character recognizes the racism expressed by her rich ladies-who-lunch friends. The ones who probably donate lots of money to worthy causes and proudly proclaim they are not racist, then ask if someone's daughter is safe around a black boy.

LeeAnne may not have a KKK hood in her closet, but at best she's tone-deaf on how to express herself.

I loved Brandi's simple fresh halter dress and hair - often she shows really great style.

• Love 12

Kary really needs to find a less clunky way of hitting her talking points. “This is my website. It is very important to me, because it is very important to me to have my independence.” So awkward and embarrassing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, princelina said:

Leanne is mean and crazy and her remarks were racist, but I still think she was just responding to Kary's self-created personae - she seems to want to be seen as a little Mexican firecracker, and that's what Leanne went after.  If Kary had instead tried to position herself as some kind of domestic goddess a la Yolanda Foster, I bet Leanne would be angrily calling her "Wifey" and screaming about how she thinks she's so great in that arena.

Kary does do a good job of needling her and getting a reaction; I LOL when poor stupid D'andra tries to jump in and still sucks at it and gets shut down by Leanne immediately 😄 

YES well said!

HAHA poor stupid D'Andra!

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think there are lots of people out there who don't understand that there are different levels of racism/bigotry. There's wanting people of certain colors/backgrounds off the face of the earth. There's not wanting them in your country. There's not wanting them in your neighborhood. There's not wanting them as friends. There's being cool with all the above, but your daughter not dating them. LeeAnne may think since she's not as hateful as some other people out there, that she can't possibly be a bigot. Repeatedly using Mexican/Hispanic as an insult absolutely shows bigotry, even if it's not in its most ugly, troubling form.  

Yes this is so true.  It is like everyone wants to paint a person as racist or not, it is not a black or white issue, it is so gray.  And really, no one is perfect.  I can think of so many people I know who would (like Cort) be high and mighty when in public, or on tv.  Carrying on about how wrong it is, and then telling SERIOUSLY racist jokes behind closed doors, with people he thinks are "safe."  It happens A LOT.  Then Leeanne, who I really don't think would ever tell a racist joke, or make a decision about something based on race, and she is saying some tone-deaf stuff.  But she also doesn't see herself as having any bigotry, so she doesn't censor what she says.  I am weary of the people who are always saying the "right" thing (Cort). 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

YES well said!

HAHA poor stupid D'Andra!

Yes this is so true.  It is like everyone wants to paint a person as racist or not, it is not a black or white issue, it is so gray.  And really, no one is perfect.  I can think of so many people I know who would (like Cort) be high and mighty when in public, or on tv.  Carrying on about how wrong it is, and then telling SERIOUSLY racist jokes behind closed doors, with people he thinks are "safe."  It happens A LOT.  Then Leeanne, who I really don't think would ever tell a racist joke, or make a decision about something based on race, and she is saying some tone-deaf stuff.  But she also doesn't see herself as having any bigotry, so she doesn't censor what she says.  I am weary of the people who are always saying the "right" thing (Cort). 

It’s true that no one is perfect. Maybe this is the worst of LeeAnne, and some of the others are more hateful behind closed doors. But I did dislike what came out of LeeAnne’s mouth and liked that Cort recognized the ugliness of it. So I’m personally only commenting on what I’m seeing. It’s possible Cort is worse than LeeAnne when cameras aren’t rolling, but it’s also possible he’s a good person and doesn’t like bigotry nor wants to associate with bigots. I give him the benefit of the doubt and applaud him for being vocal about how wrong the comments were. The ladies are much more uncomfortable calling out LeeAnne even when she wasn’t around. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm assuming the Redmond house is in both Brandy & Brian's names.  I don't care about LeAnne and Rich's condo.  I wonder about Cam's house.  I'm assuming that one is own by the Wescott family trust.

I did a little digging since this is public info, at least it is here in TX.  There are a few homes with people with the last name Westcott in Dallas. There are Chart, Carl and Jimmy but no Cort. Unless Cort's real name is Carl. But in no way did I see Kam's name listed.  Both names are on the home for Travis/Stephanie. Wasn't able to find the Redmonds, or at least not in Plano where they live..Yes I am nosy! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Brandi was on WWHL and said she has heard rumors that Leeanne has some kind of dirt on Kameron and that’s why Kam has tolerated her. No hints about what said dirt might be. Kam is such a goody two shoes that I cannot even begin to think of what it could be. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Brandi was on WWHL and said she has heard rumors that Leeanne has some kind of dirt on Kameron and that’s why Kam has tolerated her. No hints about what said dirt might be. Kam is such a goody two shoes that I cannot even begin to think of what it could be. 

Hmm I bet it’s something super mild if there’s even anything at all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/19/2019 at 6:10 AM, msblossom said:

Edited to add: I looked at Kary’s Instagram and she celebrated her 10 year anniversary with Eduardo in April. Their daughter turned 12 in March so I guess they didn’t get hitched right away. They may have been a couple for a lot longer...

Wait, that's totally weird because didn't he say that when they got married "I went from zero kids to four kids"?  So...his biological child wasn't "his" until they got married?  What?

• Love 2