Type keyword(s) to search

Sgt. Terry Jeffords: He Needs Nutrients!

• Start Topic

I love Terry Crews. Here's an amazing workout video he did (you can skip the first couple minutes, it's just shilling for The Expendables 2). The workout itself is pretty neat, and he also talks about his diet.

There is no way I can not love a man that loves his wife, his daughters, his job, his fitness, yogurt, pickles, and clear topic sentences. Terry loves all that and more!

It's great seeing Terry Crews in a role like this, where he's funny, but also a  good guy, that is respected by his colleges.  And relatively sane, unless screw up his Thanksgiving meal, and then he become Hungry Terry, which is just as awesome (RELEASE YOUR SWEETS!!)

• Love 2

I only became aware of Terry Crews from his small, but fun, role in The Newsroom. He was funny in that, in a more cynical way, but I felt he'd be a good comedic performer.

And boy, is he! I love the inversion of the stereotype, with him being a big, tough, badass cop, yet he's also a doting father and husband, and a complete softy when it comes to the cops who work for him. An artist trapped in the body of a football player. Which is, I think, something Mr. Crews himself could identify with.

He deserves many awards just for his performance in The Party as he tried so desparately to make the team behave somewhat appropriately.

While it not have been his funniest line, the one that sticks with me and I wish to use myself whenever possible, was when he advised Boyle to talk about one of his interests. Boyle then started in on it, and Terry responded with an unbelievable face that I could only descriibe as an enthusastic wince and said, "Perfect! So boring!"

• Love 1

Well, my previous exposure to Terry was the Expendables franchise, so....  :)

Love how he's a big guy but instead of some roided alpha male asshole, he's a softy with a big heart. I have found him to be such a delight on this show. I get so many laughs from him. I still giggle at just the visual of him trying to put together thta big, pink princess house. His hysterical "why does it have WHEELS??!!" was epic.

• Love 2

I think of this series as having a very evenly balanced ensemble cast, but if it has a most valuable player, it's not even the amazing Andre Braugher, it's Terry Crews. Week after week, he has a moment that just takes off into the stratosphere. I smile broadly when I think of him:

"No waiting, just toasting. I want you to toast, now I wanna eat toast, gimme some toast!"

"Release your sweets!"

"You're not gazelles!"

"Stop eating crab wrong!"

• Love 1

Love him. While he didn't have to do much more than flex his jaw-droppingly sculpted muscles as Joe Louis in Drunk History, he still brought his personality to it and was hilarious.

My best friend and I use "Stop eating crab wrong!" whenever we can. We dissolve into fits of laughter each time. I'm quite sure people at restaurants hate us now.

• Love 1

My best friend and I use "Stop eating crab wrong!" whenever we can. 

I heartily approve of this. That line just sent me around the bend. I mean, all credit to the writers for thinking of it, but Terry Crews delivered it so spontaneously, and perfectly in character, that it was a sublime moment. (Aided too by Andy Samberg chomping right into the joint of a crab leg.)

• Love 1

Today (July 30) is Terry Crews' 46th (!!) birthday!  Celebrate watching this amazing video of him on the (new) Arsenio Hall show -- he PULLS OFF his shirt to demonstrate proper pec-popping technique!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Iv81TksTE#t=43 

Dammit!!  Why won't my embedded videos work?

Somehow you wound up with a time-coded URL (where the URL includes a timestamp to jump to). The embeds don't work with that.  The timecoding is actually useful if you want to push someone to a specific part of a video, but if you don't you need to remove them.  I believe it's JUST the "#t=43" part (although I'm not 100% on that).  Worst case you can always hit the SHARE button on the YouTube page and use the (totally different) URL they supply there instead.

Just so we're totally clear, Terry Crews has redefined the man of my dreams in his image.  I love him and he will be mine.

(I can't find a clip of his performance of A 1000 Miles but it is epic.)

Just when I thought I couldn't love Terry Crews more, I come upon this interview from March 6, 2015.

Coming up in the sports culture, I saw it was nothing for guys to say things like, “Oh, you know she wanted it.” I knew guys who had the attitude of, “You know you shouldn’t have walked out the door looking like that, girl,” thinking they had the right to feel on her or to rape her, because of what she was wearing. Once I realized that I was part of that culture, I knew that I had to change it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Terry appeared on Kevin Hart's web series What the Fit (Kevin Hart has celebrities try different fitness/workout stuff) so you get to see Terry attempt gymnastics!

Bonus footage (there's a lot more actual gymnastics here):

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Terry appeared on Kevin Hart's web series What the Fit (Kevin Hart has celebrities try different fitness/workout stuff) so you get to see Terry attempt gymnastics!

Bonus footage (there's a lot more actual gymnastics here):

Hahaha!!  That was hilarious!  Thanks for posting it. :)

• Love 1