Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Golden Time

gonzosgirrl
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Sam and Dean are visited by an old friend; Castiel investigates the disappearance of a local teen.

So they both inherit Rowena's estate. Why was Dean barely in this episode?  I enjoyed angry, competent Cas. He damaged the psyches of the pip's I expect.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1

Sigh.

Souls that go to Hell can't go to Heaven? Really? Tell that to Bobby. Or Dean. Or most likely John. Why not just say they can't get it done. Because they can't. I distinctly remember an angel telling Cas that Heaven was closed to him and they're not buddies with any other angels.

The spell can only be used once? What the heck kind of sense does that make? How would the spell know that it had been used before? Why not have some hex bag that Rowena made that had to be used with it and nobody else knew how to make one? That could only be used once and that would make sense.

I have nothing against Eileen, but can't anyone on this stupid show stay dead? Remember that line from season 2? What's dead should stay dead. Oh how times have changed. And how was that spell going to do anything for Mary? There wasn't a ghost down her to lay in a tub of water.

So, mom witch was in The Usual Suspects and The Mosnter at the End of this Book, and Caleb's mom was in Plucky Pennywhistle's.

And what was Cas's speech about powerful bullies? Was that about Chuck or Dean?

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode.

Eileen's back, and there's the small chance that they're setting up a happy ending for Sam.  Just go against all expectations, and have the show end with the brothers happy.

Nice to see that Rowena warded and protected her apartment from everybody except her family.  Sam got in with no problem, he was immune.  Dean later on was in her apartment with no problem.  She trusted Sam and Dean, and I'd imagine it extended to Cas as well.

Speaking of Cas, Misha killed it tonight.

• Love 11

I can't believe they went to the rah rah _____ speech because _____ is depressed/defeated well, again. It's such terrible, stale storytelling. I also cant believe they wasted one of the few remaining episodes on pretty much nothing. The only thing that it convinced me of is that Jensen needed a couple days off, and Sam/Eileen is endgame. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 8

I didn't realize that Dean was not going to be part of this episode, except minimally. It's a situation that automatically equals a minimally interesting episode, for me. I hope that this means there is an episode coming up that is mostly Dean.

27 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I have nothing against Eileen, but can't anyone on this stupid show stay dead?

I know. It makes the loss of anyone basically pointless and meaningless. And this resurrection bugs me especially because they could do nothing to help Kevin.

Not that I dislike Eileen, either the character or the actress. But she was just not significant enough a character, in the larger scheme of things on the show, for her to be the one and only soul saved after being sent to Hell. (Unless, I guess, she ends up as Sam's happy ending, as some are speculating.)

I did like the moment when Dean says to Eileen, "It's about time," and she responds with this big, mischievous, urchin grin. It made me smile. I do like this actress.

There has been some horrible background music for this season, hasn't there? I mean, some incredibly bad, scene-ruining stuff. I wish it would stop.

I have not missed Castiel, and I thought his part of the episode was boring and a waste of time that could have been spent on better characters.

Edited by Bergamot
  • Love 10

Decent episode that could have been so much better.

Ditching Eileen would have been my first choice, as she was mostly used as plot device until the last couple of minutes, and because having a character return every single episode now that the writers are checking boxes as the end approaches is embarrassing.

Because there was so much going on, Castiel's side of the story was awfully rushed and felt like Baby's First Hunting Case. It needed to have much more impact for his return to feel relevant. Then again, the character always gets the short end of the stick.

Going back to Rowena's lair was an interesting premise. It wouldn't even need pointing out in most shows, but these writers suck so much with the simple concept of continuity, the rare times I see it successfully applied I want to pat them in the back or give them a gold star, like you would to the stupidest kid in the class when they get an answer right.

I know there's been a lot of complaining lately about the brothers taking turn being depressed, and rightfully so. But for once, I wish we would have spent more time in Dean's head. Because he wasn't just depressed, he did not give a single fuck, and I think this made sense this time, as this is precisely how I feel about the show right now, knowing the writers can pull all of the shit they want because Chuck. Also, think of the comedic potential. I think Jensen would have done something great with lazy Dean.

Anyway we didn't get that and the ending felt super rushed as well.

A few weeks ago I would've said this wasn't worthy of a final season, but now an episode like this is about the best I expect, so okay then.

Just a side note : Spirits choking each other. That looked reeeeal dumb.

5 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

There has been some horrible background music for this season, hasn't there? I mean, some incredibly bad, scene-ruining stuff. I wish it would stop.

Oh God I had forgotten about it. I hate you. That music choice for the opening scene was absolutely atrocious. Also great editing as usual, she's crawling on the floor in one shot then the very next she's walking. smh

Edited by BoxManLocke
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Sigh.

Souls that go to Hell can't go to Heaven? Really? Tell that to Bobby. Or Dean. Or most likely John. Why not just say they can't get it done. Because they can't. I distinctly remember an angel telling Cas that Heaven was closed to him and they're not buddies with any other angels.

The spell can only be used once? What the heck kind of sense does that make? How would the spell know that it had been used before? Why not have some hex bag that Rowena made that had to be used with it and nobody else knew how to make one? That could only be used once and that would make sense.

I have nothing against Eileen, but can't anyone on this stupid show stay dead? Remember that line from season 2? What's dead should stay dead. Oh how times have changed. And how was that spell going to do anything for Mary? There wasn't a ghost down her to lay in a tub of water.

So, mom witch was in The Usual Suspects and The Mosnter at the End of this Book, and Caleb's mom was in Plucky Pennywhistle's.

And what was Cas's speech about powerful bullies? Was that about Chuck or Dean?

Crowley lite explained that in episode 15:2. Now that God isn't helping them break the rules and all....

The spell could only be used once before Death would close the loophole. 

Cas was talking about Chuck.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, BoxManLocke said:

Oh God I had forgotten about it. I hate you. That music choice for the opening scene was absolutely atrocious.

LOL! Sorry! I agree, though. And that music behind the big fight scene at the end -- I guess it was supposed to be all dramatic and exciting, but it was AWFUL.

• Love 1

Minimal Dean and random Witch!Sam being pulled put of their collective asses. Zzzzzzzzzz.

I have nothing against Eileen but this parade of member berries is just not doing it for me. Noone came back in a matter that was poignant or made sense. 

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can't believe they went to the rah rah _____ speech because _____ is depressed/defeated well, again. It's such terrible, stale storytelling. I also cant believe they wasted one of the few remaining episodes on pretty much nothing. The only thing that it convinced me of is that Jensen needed a couple days off, and Sam/Eileen is endgame. 

I mean... poor Kevin who would be so very useful right now gave a couple of years to them... dust in the wind man.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Castiels Cat said:

I mean... poor Kevin who would be so very useful right now gave a couple of years to them... dust in the wind man.

That was kind of annoying me, but on the other hand Eileen was with Sam when he found the spell.  It wouldn't exactly be reasonable to say, "we need to decide which ghost is worthy of this spell."  So, I decided I don't really have a problem with them using it on the nearest friendly ghost.  Also, the moral dilemma of trying to decide which one human being you will bring back to life would just be too much.  We were taught that the correct answer to "which one person will you put in the lifeboat" was to flip a coin because no human should decide the worthiness of other humans.  So, I might have been more annoyed had they put thought into picking which fallen friend they liked the best, or had all the ghosts submitting essays as to why they should be the chosen one.

• Love 5

Is this a thing?.... say two words... frown.. pregnant pause.......say more words. Sam and Cas seem to have this down to a fine art. 

The scenery was lush and green.  BC is a gorgeous province.. Please go visit. 🇨🇦 🇨🇦🇨🇦

Depth and intrigue pretty much all gone from Supernatural episodes, but they're  dangling old favs like carrots to keep fans happy. So there’s that, I guess.

Hope Jensen enjoyed his time off, but Sam needs his brother........ as do we all.

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

So, I decided I don't really have a problem with them using it on the nearest friendly ghost.

No, of course not. But for me, it's not about the choice being made by the characters within the story. It's about the choice being made by the writers as to which character gets resurrected, whether it is a meaningful choice in terms of telling the overall story and not just a gimmick.

14 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I have nothing against Eileen but this parade of member berries is just not doing it for me. Noone came back in a matter that was poignant or made sense.

Yes, I have to agree. To me it is feeling more like a Supernatural convention with various characters popping in for an appearance, than an actual story that holds together or moves me. Like, everyone applauds and cheers, and then we all line up for photo ops and autographs. But this isn't supposed to be a televised convention; it is supposed to be the show itself and it is supposed to mean something.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Is this a thing?.... say two words... frown.. pregnant pause.......say more words. Sam and Cas seem to have this down to a fine art. 

The scenery was lush and green.  BC is a gorgeous province.. Please go visit. 🇨🇦 🇨🇦🇨🇦

Depth and intrigue pretty much all gone from Supernatural episodes, but they're  dangling old favs like carrots to keep fans happy. So there’s that, I guess.

Hope Jensen enjoyed his time off, but Sam needs his brother........ as do we all.

I think, over three years ago, the real Supernatural was sent to a warped universe by Balthazar to protect its integrity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

I think, over three years ago, the real Supernatural was sent to a warped universe by Balthazar to protect its integrity.

Lol. Balthazar should be brought back to pee freely (MHWGO) ... which if memory serves me was a dada reference by way of Duchamps...

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Yes, I have to agree. To me it is feeling more like a Supernatural convention with various characters popping in for an appearance, than an actual story that holds together or moves me. Like, everyone applauds and cheers, and then we all line up for photo ops and autographs. But this isn't supposed to be a televised convention; it is supposed to be the show itself and it is supposed to mean something.

Thank you. I've been saying it for years.

The writers only seem to possess ingenuity and brainpower when they have to think about how they're going to bring back an old character. When was the last return that actually mattered ?

So it's old actors and the main cast making improv out of an empty script. So exactly like most convention panels.

I'm glad to finally see this called out, because it's just getting started. It's seriously looking like that's the big treat the writers had in store before the show croaks.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Minimal Dean and random Witch!Sam being pulled put of their collective asses. Zzzzzzzzzz.

ITA.

What a snooze fest both hunts turned out to be, but at least we knew that Dean might pop in on Sam's when he sent Eileen to go and get his brother when he realized he was in over his head on his own. And it did appear that Dean and Eileen had a plan going in which was nice.

Cas' hunt was so stupid, though. I mean an angel vs djinn? Come on, writers. Was there any doubt who might win that one. And MC's constipated face when he could barely heal the kid couldn't and didn't mitigate those matters for this fan; and it rivaled Sam's constipated face that we've seen so often in the past.

I did like the phone call between Cas and Dean because it certainly appeared that Dean asw not really missing the angel all that much. He really just seemed more annoyed than anything else with him for not checking his messages and thus being completely in the dark about Daddy Dearest never having left. 

And the rah-rah speech from Sam to Dean at the end didn't really seem to have much effect on Dean at all either.

Loved Dean's PJ pants and the promo for the next episode at least indicated more Dean in that one, but who really knows on Dabbernatural.

Sadly, to me it seemed and felt as if Saileen fanfic writing was the model for this script more than anything else and Sam's OTT mourning of Rowena felt fanfic-ish also.

Oh, and yes, IA with those who felt that the music was absolutely horrendous throughout. Oy. And Blech.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Diane said:

Okay .,  am I the only one hearing the voice over?

I think that's the video description for the blind.  You can disable it: 

"To disable Video Description, enter your TV Settings by pressing MENU on your remote control, then select Accessibility, then Video Description. You can set this option to On or Off."  Some sets may call it something different, but it should be in the menu somewhere.  

• Love 2

LOVED
- Rowena hexing her apartment against anyone but Sam, Dean and likely Cas.  
- Eileen! Smart, sweet, sarcastic, and yet so vulnerable with Sam.  Samwena is my crack ship but I’m happy to see Sam/Eileen sharing a moment.  
- Sam in awe of Rowena writing her own spell books.  I hope there’s a future where he gets to catelog and protect all that knowledge.  Plus how moved he was when he talked about her. 
- An exercise scene!  We rarely see that. I love little normalcy moments. 
-Dean with no f*cks to give.  I 100% support his existential crisis.  Send in some noods next.  This is heavy shit and I’m glad he’s not just sucking it up and playing thru the pain.  I think he’ll start moving forward again but I find it legitimately healthy that he holed up in his room with a Scooby marathon.  He deserves time to freak out and then distract himself.  I appreciate its more fun to watch him do cool action scenes but I’m glad they showed his state of mind.  
- Dean/Cas’ interaction.  Still pissed at each other but it feels like family.  ‘Answer your phone’ and ‘Check your messages’.  I’m here for that complex dynamic. 

Liked
-Misha getting to channel his anti-Trump aggression by stabbing a Djinn multiple times after a tidy little speech.  
- Cas getting back into the game. 

Not So Much
- The bad guys.  I just didn’t have any remote sympathy for them.  I prefer more shades of grey.  

Bottom line: Loved our happy moments and the characterization.  Appreciated the Rowena legacy.  

• Love 11

Its nice seeing Eileen, and the most shocking part is that left her episode this season better off then when she started! It seems like the formula this season is mostly "reoccurring character shows up and dies or worse" over and over, so thats something I guess.

This episode was mostly boring, and I spent a lot of time wishing Dean was around. The stories felt like a bunch of stories that would normally take up a whole episode or major subplot, but we got shortened versions so nothing really developed. 

I did like seeing Rowenas place and the spells she cast to keep people out of her stuff, and that she let the guys in, and not dysfunctional witch families out to steal all of her best spells. The giant painting of herself was an especially nice Rowena touch. 

I would have rather spent more time with Deans existential crisis. How many more pep talks will we be getting this season?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, AuntTora said:

I know I haven’t been paying the closest attention this year but...when did they find out Mary was “happy in heaven”? 

At the end of Absence last season:

Castiel: She's in Heaven. And she's at peace.
Sam: So Naomi told you, huh?
Castiel: Dumah, actually.
Dean: So, what? Are you just gonna take her word for it?
Castiel: No. No, she let me in. (We see Cas in Heaven finding Mary's room with the plate 1954-1983 and 2016-2019 on the door he went to look for himself then the scene went back to present time) I saw your mother's Heaven, and she is happy. She's with John, and there's no sorrow. There's no guilt. Just joy. I talked to Rowena. Um, she said she thinks that what Jack brought back -- He just brought back a shell. A body, you know. That it was empty. Just a a replica. "Incapable of holding life."
Sam: So, what are we supposed to do now?
Dean: What we always do.

(from Supernatural Wiki)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Lol. Balthazar should be brought back to pee freely (MHWGO) ... which if memory serves me was a dada reference by way of Duchamps...

"That'll put some marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!" Oops wrong dada reference. (I loved me some Buffybot: a more complex character - at least in terms of effect - than is often given credit for I think.)

Okay, this episode - I only got to see the second half of the episode, so will maybe have more to say later, but for now... I liked the penultimate scene with Sam and Eileen.  I was surprised to find that I was a bit affected by it. I thought that their hug was lovely. I wish the scene hadn't cut away so quickly - or at least awkwardly. It should've had a more organic ending / fade away / whatever you call it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Eh, they resurrected Eileen because they got such flak for fridging another woman on the show. Kevin didn't fit that bill. I mean he was just there and it didn't even occur to them that maybe he should have the chance. 

IIRC, there was also extra flax because she's Deaf and Ketch used that as an unfair advantage.

Oooh, if Ketch wasn't dead, I would love to see Eileen's reaction to Sam and Dean being friend with him.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 7

I enjoyed it - if I don't think of all the stupid plot holes.

Like why was Eileen in hell again? Made no sense. Just like Kevin being there. They want to bring people back and are writing crap to make it happen. Ugh.

I'm a huge Dean girl but was surprisingly not bothered by his minimal interaction. His part was important in its own way - showing that he is really thrown about whether any time he does something or makes a choice it is him or God? 

And in the end he came through with saving Sam's butt and killing a witch. Worked for me. 

I enjoyed Cas' case. He was - shockingly - competent and bad ass. Good for him.

Not sure how I feel about Sam becoming a witch. I guess it makes sense. Good thing Jared can speak Latin haha. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm a huge Dean girl but was surprisingly not bothered by his minimal interaction. His part was important in its own way - showing that he is really thrown about whether any time he does something or makes a choice it is him or God? 

Being the original Team Free Will cheerleader (he's the one who coined the term after all) it makes sense that this turn of events affects him the most. I don't have any problem with that. My problem is how boring and bland the episode is without him. And that we have so few episodes left and they (IMO) waste one on nonsense like this.

That's why I feel that Sam/Eileen are end game - otherwise, not just freeing her spirit but actually bringing her back to life (sorry Kevin) is nothing more than fan service and another stop on the negate-everything-that-ever-happened hit parade. 

So this was the big Sam episode with a guest appearance by Dean. I wonder if the next episode will be all Dean? (I know, too early in the morning to be smoking crack).

• Love 10

Back when the TV Guide interview was posted with "Sam vanquishes a witch" and later when Dabb said something about the God wound awakening something long dormant in Sam, I figured it was gonna be demon blood powers but IMO the episode cleared it up when both Dean and Sam refered to his "visions".

But instead they randomely ass-pulled Witch!Sam. Him being Rowena`s super-witch protegé was never onscreen before this episode. When they needed spellwork, they always called her, then waited around and watched her do the spellwork.

The rah-rah speech at the end was pretty annoying. At least Dean still looked 100 % done. 

That's why I feel that Sam/Eileen are end game - otherwise, not just freeing her spirit but actually bringing her back to life (sorry Kevin) is nothing more than fan service and another stop on the negate-everything-that-ever-happened hit parade. 

I don`t know, I think that was such another random thing. They felt like doing it but I doubt it leads anywhere.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

Souls that go to Hell can't go to Heaven? Really? Tell that to Bobby. Or Dean. Or most likely John

I saw where the writer of the episode was quite proud that she was following the "new canon!" that was established a couple of episodes ago.

Well, good for her. Just ignore the fact that the show has something going for it that very few other shows will ever have: 14 seasons of world building and established history and characterization and oh, yeah, CANON. Ignore the ways that the writers could use this as a strong foundation for the final season in so many satisfying ways. (And no, bringing back random characters for brief "convention" appearances does not count as doing this.)

Sure, you just go ahead with your shiny "new canon" -- doesn't matter if it doesn't even make sense. How pointless is it to even have a Heaven versus a Hell, if it is so simple for people like Eileen to accidentally end up in Hell? But whatever.

And as Katy says, let's not even ask why Bobby and John are still in Heaven now. Or are the angels going to come knocking on their doors up there with a notice of eviction, which states that under New Canon Regulation 5.2, they must be relocated back to Hell? It is kind of insulting to the viewers, who have watched the show faithfully for so long, for the writers to act as if they can just shrug and say, "Yeah, well, new canon."

• Love 15

I think that this was an episode. I liked Rowena's legacy. I honestly barely remember Eileen. But I'm glad that they didn't bring back someone to die, they went reverse on this one.

I have a thought about the soul spell, but I think it belongs in speculation. 

38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think this spell is MUCH bigger than that.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I saw where the writer of the episode was quite proud that she was following the "new canon!" that was established a couple of episodes ago.

Well, good for her. Just ignore the fact that the show has something going for it that very few other shows will ever have: 14 seasons of world building and established history and characterization and oh, yeah, CANON. Ignore the ways that the writers could use this as a strong foundation for the final season in so many satisfying ways. (And no, bringing back random characters for brief "convention" appearances does not count as doing this.)

Sure, you just go ahead with your shiny "new canon" -- doesn't matter if it doesn't even make sense. How pointless is it to even have a Heaven versus a Hell, if it is so simple for people like Eileen to accidentally end up in Hell? But whatever.

And as Katy says, let's not even ask why Bobby and John are still in Heaven now. Or are the angels going to come knocking on their doors up there with a notice of eviction, which states that under New Canon Regulation 5.2, they must be relocated back to Hell? It is kind of insulting to the viewers, who have watched the show faithfully for so long, for the writers to act as if they can just shrug and say, "Yeah, well, new canon."

I saw that too and have to agree that the kool-ade is well stocked in the writers room right now and everyone  cotinues to just guzzle it down.

Pathetic.

• Love 7

I agree with those saying that this episode was Snoozetown. There was little spark or personality on display for most of it, just characters going through the motions and doing exactly what they're supposed to do. Zero clever lines, unexpected moments, or spontaneity. Both Sam and Cas have been gradually stripped down to the most agreeable, smooth-edged versions of themselves. SNORE.

The exception was Cas stabbing the djinn into mince meat. He's way overdue for some actual grit and ferocity again.

I liked that Dean got to play a crucial part in the action and that Sam killing the witch with "powers" wasn't some flashy glowy-eyes-light-shooting-out-of-hands BS, but just a hex bag and incantation. You know, what witches USED to be.

Looks like Dean's inevitable grovelling to Cas hasn't come about yet, so I appreciate that small mercy. Cas was the one forced to call him, and Dean was the one who ended the call. And his passive-aggressive jab about Cas' habit of not checking messages was both on-point and way overdue, lol. 

But yeah, mostly Snoozetown. Too bad the next episode is two weeks away; that one looks way more interesting.

ETA: Oh my god, how could I have forgotten to mention the GHOST CHOKING SCENE?! It was that special brand of unavoidable dumb that can't possibly be explained away by even the most far-fetched meta. Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?! What were the stakes? Were we really supposed to worry about an already-dead person getting choked? What was the endgame of that scenario?!?!

They could have easily, EASILY done what Jack the Ripper did in 15.02 and had the witch ghost attempt to consume Eileen, instead. Boom, fixed! Now give me my paycheck.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Bergamot said:

Lol so is Sam doomed to Hell now? Since he’s been there. And Dean too I guess. 

9 hours ago, SueB said:

LOVED
- Rowena hexing her apartment against anyone but Sam, Dean and likely Cas.  
- Eileen! Smart, sweet, sarcastic, and yet so vulnerable with Sam.  Samwena is my crack ship but I’m happy to see Sam/Eileen sharing a moment.  
- Sam in awe of Rowena writing her own spell books.  I hope there’s a future where he gets to catelog and protect all that knowledge.  Plus how moved he was when he talked about her. 
- An exercise scene!  We rarely see that. I love little normalcy moments. 
-Dean with no f*cks to give.  I 100% support his existential crisis.  Send in some noods next.  This is heavy shit and I’m glad he’s not just sucking it up and playing thru the pain.  I think he’ll start moving forward again but I find it legitimately healthy that he holed up in his room with a Scooby marathon.  He deserves time to freak out and then distract himself.  I appreciate its more fun to watch him do cool action scenes but I’m glad they showed his state of mind.  
- Dean/Cas’ interaction.  Still pissed at each other but it feels like family.  ‘Answer your phone’ and ‘Check your messages’.  I’m here for that complex dynamic. 

Liked
-Misha getting to channel his anti-Trump aggression by stabbing a Djinn multiple times after a tidy little speech.  
- Cas getting back into the game. 

Not So Much
- The bad guys.  I just didn’t have any remote sympathy for them.  I prefer more shades of grey.  

Bottom line: Loved our happy moments and the characterization.  Appreciated the Rowena legacy.  

Rowena writing her own spells should not gave been a surprise. She talked about that all the time. I blame the writers rather than Sam not listening.

It was probably the first time Cas has been a competent FBI agent.  That was 50 shades of righteous vengeance with a djinn standing in for Chuck as far as the character is concerned and what you said as far as the writers are concerned.

9 hours ago, AuntTora said:

I know I haven’t been paying the closest attention this year but...when did they find out Mary was “happy in heaven”? 

Didn't Cas go check on her?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, starfishka said:

This one was uninteresting and boring. The biggest villains of the show are the writers, some of Jared´s acting choices and background music. No more pep talks, please. The best part of the episode - Dean´s pyjamas.

The writers actually made #2 on  biggest villains of the CW list as voted by fans.

5 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

"That'll put some marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!" Oops wrong dada reference. (I loved me some Buffybot: a more complex character - at least in terms of effect - than is often given credit for I think.)

Okay, this episode - I only got to see the second half of the episode, so will maybe have more to say later, but for now... I liked the penultimate scene with Sam and Eileen.  I was surprised to find that I was a bit affected by it. I thought that their hug was lovely. I wish the scene hadn't cut away so quickly - or at least awkwardly. It should've had a more organic ending / fade away / whatever you call it.

Buffy had highs and lows but the lows were not this...  sigh.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The amount of grief Sam is showing over Rowena is so far out of proportion for what we saw on the screen, I am convinced it's being ghost-written by a fanfic author.

It is... Chuck. She is going to die... horribly and he will be at fault after he sleeps with her.  In this one instance he is not being vigilant. If I were Chuck I could not resist.

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I enjoyed it - if I don't think of all the stupid plot holes.

Like why was Eileen in hell again? Made no sense. Just like Kevin being there. They want to bring people back and are writing crap to make it happen. Ugh.

And in the end he came through with saving Sam's butt and killing a witch. Worked for me. 

I enjoyed Cas' case. He was - shockingly - competent and bad ass. Good for him.

Not sure how I feel about Sam becoming a witch. I guess it makes sense. Good thing Jared can speak Latin haha. 

Eileen in hell bothered me until I remembered that Crowley was working with the MoL so that explains why a hellhound would have hunted her.

2 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

It is... Chuck. She is going to die... horribly and he will be at fault after he sleeps with her.  In this one instance he is not being vigilant. If I were Chuck I could not resist.

That's Eileen's fate.  Now that she's back in a body, so Sam can sleep with her and then watch her die (instead of offscreen like last time) and feel horribly guilty about it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1