Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Laura should have some idea that Valentin is on the lam with Charlotte. They're making her so stupid, especially since Anna is acting so squirrelly.

Also, I can't believe Blaze, especially, is astonished that she can't submit questions in advance of an interview. She isn't talking to People or Hello! magazine. 

For someone who thinks Jason can take care of himself, Carly sure has no problem sticking her nose into things. Heh. But it serves Jason right that Wagger drags him away from a day with Jake.

So much stupid just to make these terrible stories move.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

But it serves Jason right that Wagger drags him away from a day with Jake.

Danny, not Jake.

Perez Hilton?! That ass hasn’t been relevant in years! What year is this show set in? 1999? That Brook Lynn actually thinks Perez is the “best” person to tell their story to is just mind boggling.

Making Laura stupid just to show how “smarter” Anna is, gave me rage blackout. Laura should have sussed out that Anna was acting suspiciously. She, Laura, has experience working with the WSB. Hello! That’s how she and Luke met Robert!

And just like that Jagger is destroyed.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't tell any of those boys apart.

Jake’s better looking and can actually act. I can’t tell Danny between Aiden and Rocco!😂😂😂🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Perez Hilton is notorious for outing closeted gay celebrities who want to remain closeted (Lance Bass coming out was partly attributed to Hilton's comments on him) so he seems like a very strange selection to do an interview on Blaze who was closeted until she was outed by her mother's candid recording. But I guess that Hilton agreed to be on the show so this is what we've got.

Laura may have let her guard down with Valentin but she's had enough dealings with Cassadines that when he disappears with Charlotte and all Charlotte's social media disappears too, her spidey senses should be working overtime.

Why doesn't Ace have a nanny? Laura is mayor, Kevin is a practising psychiatrist, if Carly who did nothing when Michael was young and Willow who appears occasionally doing media have multiple nannies for their children, Laura should have one too.

Carly really does seem to feel that she is Jason's protector. So delusional.

They really are ruining Wagger to prop Jason and Carly. A big mistake IMO because AH has potential to be a lead figure on the show and I think that Carly/Jason/Sonny are pretty much done in terms of stories and romances.

• Like 10

Wanted to offer condolences, since one of the FEW good men this show had going for it was struck by a bus today.

Was Jason not smart enough to get his big FBI deal in writing? Even the less accomplished backwoods murderers I see on Dateline do that. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Perez Hilton?  Oh, Brooklyn, what even?

lol at Sonny ping-ponging between magnanimous co-parent to martyr/victim so ~seamlessly /sarcasm 

It cannot be said enough: shut up, Carly!

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

one of the FEW good men this show had going for it was struck by a bus today.

We knew it was coming when Mulcahy left, but damn they didn’t waste ANY time, did they? AH is gorgeous and can act. So of course they have to throw him under the bus for Sonny and Jason 🤬

• Like 8
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Making Laura stupid just to show how “smarter” Anna is, gave me rage blackout. Laura should have sussed out that Anna was acting suspiciously. She, Laura, has experience working with the WSB. Hello! That’s how she and Luke met Robert!

Laura isn't stupid. She's under emotional distress because of her granddaughter, and unfortunately trusts that her friend Anna wouldn't lie to her. In other circumstances, I think she would have. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Hey, ladies.  I don't know if you know this, but it's July.  Put away the dark colors.

I wear dark colours all year round. i don't really think the month matters?

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

It isn’t the dark colors that bother me. It’s Brook Lynn wearing a long sleeved, high neck dress/jacket in JULY! And since these scenes are taped under hot studio lights, I don’t know how she isn’t roasting. I mean, there are lots of ways to dress conservatively without looking ridiculous. She could wear slacks with a boatneck top, or a short sleeved/sleeveless dress. If she doesn’t want to wear fitted clothes, that’s fine too. There are plenty of summer dresses to choose from. If only wardrobe stepped outside their bubble and visited a few stores…

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

It isn’t the dark colors that bother me. It’s Brook Lynn wearing a long sleeved, high neck dress/jacket in JULY! And since these scenes are taped under hot studio lights, I don’t know how she isn’t roasting. I mean, there are lots of ways to dress conservatively without looking ridiculous. She could wear slacks with a boatneck top, or a short sleeved/sleeveless dress. If she doesn’t want to wear fitted clothes, that’s fine too. There are plenty of summer dresses to choose from. If only wardrobe stepped outside their bubble and visited a few stores…

this is me defending the wardrobe choice again. (i promise i'm not being super rebel). it's just more of - some people are just cold. some people don't like bright colours. even when it's flaming hot outside I'm using wearing long sleeves etc. because my skin really doesn't do well against the sun and heat. (exposure). my best friend wears jeans and docs. I don't wear dresses (and if i do like a tunic one - i am wearing the same leggings i do in winter time - just without my long-johns underneath). 

Not everyone sees summer and goes "Okay! dresses, and light prints and easy breezy outfits and bright colours." so it really just doesn't seem out of place for me. simply because i know people who do dress like this in the middle of the summer. lol me included!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

The studio is probably pretty heavily air conditioned for all of the equipment. 

I'm more bothered by sleevelessness in the dead of winter than long sleeves in summer.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

It isn’t the dark colors that bother me. It’s Brook Lynn wearing a long sleeved, high neck dress/jacket in JULY! 

This, on a set that's supposed to be outdoors. BLQ's black dress and jacket would be appropriate if she had just returned from a funeral and burial at a cemetery. However, this is a business meeting near water on the Quartermaine property. 

Anna and Laura both work in what I assume are air-conditioned office buildings, so that didn't seem weird to me. Same with Ava wearing all black to meet with Scott in her MC hotel room.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I covet Ava’s blouse! If I actually had shoulders I might think about buying something like it lol! And yeah, I have no issue with long sleeves in an office. When I worked, I was always in a jacket AND a wool shawl in the dead of summer because the AC was set on frostbite!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Interesting about how Tracy, Ned, and even Mooby were thinking about Luke today because it was his birthday. When has the show ever done that?

Jagger! NOOOOOOOOOI!!!! Dammit!!! I don’t know if he macked on Ava due to his blinders about Mooby or what, but it just enraged me. And unpopular, but Maura was just horrible. The intonations and attempts at Ava playing the victim and fear of Mooby were so Obvious. That a trained cop who is now a federal agent is falling for it just pisses me off.

Oh just stop with the crocodile tears, Anna. Like you didn’t see this coming? I hate Jason, but she deserved everything he threw at her. And the HYPOCRISY  of Anna telling him he’s reaping what he sowed when him being a mob hit man and criminal never stopped her from asking him for his help over the years? Just STOP.

Laura needs to fire her and put Mac in the position.

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can’t tell Danny between Aiden and Rocco!😂😂😂🤣🤣

You mean the numerous Danny recasts have confused you? Shocking. Here's how I remember: Boy with fair complexion and brown curls/ringlets is Aiden (Becky Herbst's hair is similar, but Elizabeth's hair is usually straightened for the show). Whispy brown haired kid who looks nothing like SB but does look like he could be the younger brother of the Molly actress is Danny. Rocco also has brown hair but doesn't look like anybody.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jake’s better looking and can actually act. I can’t tell Danny between Aiden and Rocco!

me neither; doesn't help that they keep recasting...

• Like 1

I like LW's shorter hair. As always, I am totally envious of its thickness, but I also recognize it's got to be a bear to dry. I wish MW would go back to the cut she has in the intro photos.

Unsurprisingly, JE looks fantastic in classic riding kit.

Instead of Wagger, maybe it should be Waggert, White Taggert. Yet another law enforcement officer obsessed with bringing Sonny down and doomed to fail. Sigh.

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh just stop with the crocodile tears, Anna. Like you didn’t see this coming? I hate Jason, but she deserved everything he threw at her.

Both of them are complete idiots. Jason was stupid enough to give Anna the two hours she asked for, so I have very little sympathy for his situation. Anna is still feeling way too guilty about shooting Charlotte, so she's bending over backward to help Valentin. Everyone involved in this is a nitwit.

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Jagger! NOOOOOOOOOI!!!! Dammit!!! I don’t know if he macked on Ava due to his blinders about Mooby or what, but it just enraged me.

We knew it was going to be either Ava or Carly.

I thought the Sonny/Carly conversation was very good.

I wonder if all the talk about Luke's birthday is yet another anvil for Lucky's return.

Is FH's summer break coming up? I'd rather not see Anna at all than watch this simpering, pathetic version of her.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

I guess a bus was not enough punishment for John, so they brought a steamroller in. 

Anna tells Jason that he and Carly need to accept the consequences of their actions ~after she just helped arms dealer Valentin escape his. Then she hesitates about helping Jason cuz "interfering with an FBI investigation can come back on you." It's a little fucking late for that, Anna. Someone please buy this woman a freaking MIRROR.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Then she hesitates about helping Jason cuz "interfering with an FBI investigation can come back on you."

Did a writer totally unfamiliar with the show work on this scene? Because this eye-popping line was something else. Anna is the one interfering with an FBI investigation! For all of his misplaced reasons, Jason is pretty much doing what the original deal asked him to do.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Is FH's summer break coming up? I'd rather not see Anna at all than watch this simpering, pathetic version of her.

You read my mind! I was just going to ask the same question. Maybe she can stay away for the rest of the year? Or decade? No one will miss her,

• Like 4
19 hours ago, ciarra said:

Hey, ladies.  I don't know if you know this, but it's July.  Put away the dark colors.

brooklynn-black-blazer.jpg.webp

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 21-08-41 General Hospital 7_22_2024 FULL NEW 724HD ABC GH - General Hospital 22th July 2024 - video Dailymotion.png

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 21-07-18 General Hospital 7_22_2024 FULL NEW 724HD ABC GH - General Hospital 22th July 2024 - video Dailymotion.png

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

this is me defending the wardrobe choice again. (i promise i'm not being super rebel). it's just more of - some people are just cold. some people don't like bright colours. even when it's flaming hot outside I'm using wearing long sleeves etc. because my skin really doesn't do well against the sun and heat. (exposure). my best friend wears jeans and docs. I don't wear dresses (and if i do like a tunic one - i am wearing the same leggings i do in winter time - just without my long-johns underneath). 

Not everyone sees summer and goes "Okay! dresses, and light prints and easy breezy outfits and bright colours." so it really just doesn't seem out of place for me. simply because i know people who do dress like this in the middle of the summer. lol me included!

If it was one of them, maybe, but it seems a lot of the women (especially Brook Lynn) are wearing heavy or knit, long sleeve shirts with blazers and black pants in middle of summer. However, Laura makes the most sense since she is blazer over a pink blouse (that  might be sleeveless or short sleeve), so if she goes outside, she can take off the jacket.

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I covet Ava’s blouse! If I actually had shoulders I might think about buying something like it lol! And yeah, I have no issue with long sleeves in an office. When I worked, I was always in a jacket AND a wool shawl in the dead of summer because the AC was set on frostbite!

It isn't that Ava's outfit sucks, it just seems a slightly weird choice in middle of summer.

• Like 1

Ugh, this show.  They manage to bring on a character with real potential, someone who has a history with other characters both on screen and off, and then they forget to give him a personality and end up treating him like a prop. As far as I'm concerned, this is just pure dereliction of duty by the writers.

Tracy.  I love Tracy, but I do not love her having essentially been relegated to a rotation among the other characters while she has no real storyline of her own.  Granted, it's probably a treat for JE's scene partners (even MB looked briefly animated), but it needs to be going somewhere.  The Tracy we used to know might have a residual sadness about Luke, but wouldn't be moping around on his birthday.  She needs someone to verbally spar with, and someone with whom to reflect on the changes within.  It could even be with Laura, or Lucky, or a newly awakened Lulu.  Just somebody.  Although I don't think they will beat her relationship with Gregory, whose death I think the writers will come to regret.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

This show stinks .Sonny has been for 30 years and it’s the same nonsense. The mothers of his children don’t want him near his kids. He commits crime and gets away with it. 
Ava is awful. Carly is obsessed with Jason. Anna is incompetent. And the stories drag on

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

From yesterday’s show, I can’t believe Ava told Scott that someone has messed with Sonny’s meds. Scott seemed surprised at first and then seemed to dig it and realize he could use that to push Sonny’s buttons. I wonder if he’ll end up having a pang of conscience and tell Diane? Also, Michael questioned Sonny on whether he was still on his meds and it was brought up in that meeting that Ava messed with Morgan’s med, yet they haven’t put together yet that maybe she messed with Sonny’s meds

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DanaK said:

lso, Michael questioned Sonny on whether he was still on his meds and it was brought up in that meeting that Ava messed with Morgan’s med, yet they haven’t put together yet that maybe she messed with Sonny’s meds

It's kind of hilarious that they are all so self-involved that the second after they suggest that it's back to the circular 'why are you being so mean to me?' argument.  

At this point, Sonny's best hope is Donna figuring it out.

• LOL 6

Anna never should have gotten into this with Jason to begin with help him. She's a fool. 

Good for her to call out about his and Carly choices. He stands in her office claiming what will happen to Carly's kids?  

Jagger is an idiot believing anything from Ava. Her playing him like a fool. 

Michael thinks about AJ? Bull. 

Nice of Tracy and Sonny acknowledge Luke.  His neice who uses the Spencer name makes no mention. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I don’t think I was watching back then or have forgotten, but what specifically did Ava do to mess with Morgan’s bipolar meds?

Edited by DanaK
26 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I don’t think I was watching back then or have forgotten, but what specifically did Ava do to mess with Morgan’s bipolar meds?

She went over to Casa Corinthos on the pretense she was there to visit Avery and then went to Morgan's room and replaced his pills with placebos.

She didn't want Kiki to give up her life tying herself to Morgan. Morgan had been released after he was hospitalized where he was doing well with his meds, seeing Dr Andre regularly and working at Perks.

After the pills were switched, Morgan's mental health started to deterioate as he became paranoid, switching from manic to depressed, not knowing what was wrong him despite doing everything he was supposed to do in regards to his mental health. From his journal, he felt tortured, confused and was clearly struggling.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Today's show was particularly bad.  it made me want to go full Berger break-up, but I really don't want to waste a Post-It.

image.png.92921482ab5917e4e81114d603b710e5.png

• LOL 10
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

She went over to Casa Corinthos on the pretense she was there to visit Avery and then went to Morgan's room and replaced his pills with placebos.

She didn't want Kiki to give up her life tying herself to Morgan. Morgan had been released after he was hospitalized where he was doing well with his meds, seeing Dr Andre regularly and working at Perks.

After the pills were switched, Morgan's mental health started to deterioate as he became paranoid, switching from manic to depressed, not knowing what was wrong him despite doing everything he was supposed to do in regards to his mental health. From his journal, he felt tortured, confused and was clearly struggling.

It feels like with every mention of what Ava did to Morgan, the writers are signposting that Sonny and company are going to realize that Ava could have done the same to Sonny, but enlightenment’s not happening so far and it’s frustrating

On 7/19/2024 at 8:45 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Good Lord. This is the THIRD child actor with a fracking’ LISP!

Every time a child lisps my shriveled heart shrieks. Or shrinks. One of them.

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

What???? Which one of you are using 75 emojis? As if there are more than 3 emojis for GH after 2011:

Slightly intrigued

Numb

Unconscious. 

• Like 3
On 7/20/2024 at 7:32 PM, jsbt said:

My angle on Maxie and Michael (starting about a decade ago, when Chad still had juice) was a sort of an odd couple, screwball thing. Irresponsible flighty Maxie would be in the unlikely position of being the slightly older woman to a more naive and straitlaced upstanding young man. I thought it was inspired, but a long time has passed since. You'd need a new, fresh Michael, and one with a bit more edge and fire now.

I'd forgotten all about the Frisco thing, but then I truly don't care about Frisco.

Fresh? Juice?? Ugh!!!

Poor Chad is actually a decent actor. He is just so devoid of charisma or chemistry. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Okay so obviously I watched the Laura/Dante scenes more than once and prefer JMB to ER. That said I don't think JMB can't be recast so sheesh just recast. The rumor is that the show wants JMB. Which I would find kind of hard to believe after 7 years of a recast except that I feel it's rather strange that Sante aren't engaged or basically doing anything even though it would seem like the thing to do by now. And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it! But as I said, it seems odd.

Back to Laura/Dante. Charlotte and Dante visited Lulu a year ago and I thought that Dante seemed rather impersonal but now thankfully I can fanwank that he didn't want to be emotional in front of her. I had some small quibbles but I liked that the scene made it clear (in my opinion) that he visits Lulu regularly. And GF and DZ are lovely together. Neither of them are afraid to be completely vulnerable and Dante's expression on Laura's shoulder was a sample of that. GF and DZ probably keeled over that they got a scene talking about Lulu and the kids that was longer than 3 minutes. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 3
(edited)

Also why did the show explain Jason's tattoo? The explanation they gave is not exactly flattering. "Hey Carly, I got my arm covered for you...I also aged 25 years since I saw you...for you."

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Were we ever told  why Valentin switched Sonny's meds or did thta get lost int he writer switch?

As I recall, it was to make him unstable enough to make it easy to take over his territory, basically Port Charles

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I guess a bus was not enough punishment for John, so they brought a steamroller in. 

Anna tells Jason that he and Carly need to accept the consequences of their actions ~after she just helped arms dealer Valentin escape his. Then she hesitates about helping Jason cuz "interfering with an FBI investigation can come back on you." It's a little fucking late for that, Anna. Someone please buy this woman a freaking MIRROR.  

I just want to say YES to your entire post.  While I did enjoy Anna's pointing out that maybe it's time for Carly to finally face some consequences we have her thrilled that Valentin got away with his crimes.  WTF?!  And I'm sure a life on the lam will be very stable for his lab experiment of a daughter and lastly, Anna's okay with Laura's worrying over what happened to Charlotte?  The scene gave me serious whiplash.

I will enjoy Anna's telling off John Cates though--I had such high hopes for the character and he's been ruined.  I hope AH gets a better job on a show with actual good writing.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I will enjoy Anna's telling off John Cates though

If anyone should have the riot act read to them, it's Anna. She's been throwing roadblocks into this stupid Pikeman investigation since day one, all because of her feelings for Valentin and his psychopath daughter. So what if Waggert is turning his attention to Sonny? WTF did she expect, given their history? Just because she can turn a blind eye to all of Sonny's crimes doesn't mean other people can. (Though of course it doesn't matter anyway, because Sonny never pays.)

This story is a mess of hypocrisy, stupidity, and torpor. In other words, TFGH.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If anyone should have the riot act read to them, it's Anna. She's been throwing roadblocks into this stupid Pikeman investigation since day one, all because of her feelings for Valentin and his psychopath daughter. So what if Waggert is turning his attention to Sonny? WTF did she expect, given their history? Just because she can turn a blind eye to all of Sonny's crimes doesn't mean other people can. (Though of course it doesn't matter anyway, because Sonny never pays.)

This story is a mess of hypocrisy, stupidity, and torpor. In other words, TFGH.

I think both Cates and Anna are out of control and they both need a good talking too :)  Anna had Jason dropping truth bombs on her and now it's Cates turn. I also think Anna wants to point out that he'd originally thought she was the head of Pikeman so there might be a hint of "I told you so" in the middle of wanting to help Jason.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think both Cates and Anna are out of control and they both need a good talking too :) 

Oh, definitely. Way to work at cross purposes, you dunces.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

There should be a poll on who yelled the most absurd/ridiculous line today_

"I'm a big girl!" Carly, to Jason

"Jason is an honorable man!" Anna, to John/Jagger....yeah, tell that to the son he first broke plans with and then didn't even say goodbye to in person. Jason, Donna is not entirely dependent on Carly. Ugh.

Anna can't handle him calling her out about Valentin.

I can't decide if Ava was trying not to come face-to-face with Natalia because she didn't want to hear her mouth or if she was worried about being blinded by Natalia's dress. Ye gods, the dress and Perez's suit will burn your retinas!

GH deserves any and all hate mail it receives from the LBGTQ+ community for Blaze and Kristina protecting/lying about and praising Blaze's bigoted mother on national TV, and then getting BLQ's praise. 

It's so odd when Nina telling off Ava is the best part. 

Preview: Drew flirting with his niece-in-law, Molly yelling about Kristina to TJ. UGHHH.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2

Jason to Carly: I have to protect you from the choices that you made. You have a child that you have to raise and who can't be raised by its father.

Me:  Is this 1997 or 2024? If any proof was needed that the characters of Jason and Carly are played out and need to be backburnered, it was there today.

Also Jason: Your family became my family.  Me: YES, BECAUSE YOU CHOSE CARLY OVER YOUR ACTUAL FAMILY. No medals for you Jason.

Kristina saying that Natalia is the real victim in the situation is ridiculous. No matter how much the show tries to gaslight me, the person who did the crime is the bad guy not the person who revealed it.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Poor Chad is actually a decent actor. He is just so devoid of charisma or chemistry. 

Charisma and chemistry are part of being a good actor, the ability to sell what the character is feeling and thinking and engage the viewer in it. I wasn't around for the custody battle over Avery, maybe he did better, but all I've seen CD do is like watching wallpaper past dry.

8 hours ago, DanaK said:

As I recall, it was to make him unstable enough to make it easy to take over his territory, basically Port Charles

Thanks. But even that doesn't make sense because Pikeman doesn't want to take over Sonny's territory as a mob boss, they want to use his warehouse facilities to do their own thing.

• Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason to Carly: I have to protect you from the choices that you made. You have a child that you have to raise and who can't be raised by its father.

Me:  Is this 1997 or 2024? If any proof was needed that the characters of Jason and Carly are played out and need to be backburnered, it was there today.

Also Jason: Your family became my family.  Me: YES, BECAUSE YOU CHOSE CARLY OVER YOUR ACTUAL FAMILY. No medals for you Jason.

YES!! Also, his attitude "Well I've missed most of my sons' lives anyway, so no big deal if I leave again now."   Jake got the best of him by accepting that envelope recently, for sure. 

• Like 8