Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

He didn't know. I don't know how all that played out, but I think it was presumed that Nina lost the baby at some point. And he died long before the search for Nina's kid came about. Idk what he was supposed to be doing while Nina was pregnant in a coma and Phyllis knew about it. Lol of course everything was written at different points. 

IIRC he wasn't allowed to see Nina. Madeline kept him away so he didn't even know she was pregnant. Or if he did, he was told she miscarried and why would he question it? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I agree. I watched the episodes and was expecting much worse from the way people were describing it. Lol maybe it was a little flat, but idk. 

yeah that's how it looks like to me. that ava just got rid of the curls/poof. but it's still nice an has some body to it. Becky's hair looks like it needs a hot date with Herbal Essences because it's looked fried for ages. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

yeah that's how it looks like to me. that ava just got rid of the curls/poof. but it's still nice an has some body to it. Becky's hair looks like it needs a hot date with Herbal Essences because it's looked fried for ages. 

Maura's hair has grown considerably. She's wearing it much like she did in her ATWT days. I prefer it short and more blonde, but she's still a beautiful woman. Now if they'd just lose that hideous eye shadow!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I also forgot who nuJordan was today at the trial. I literally had to think for a moment. She is rarely on and hasn’t been paired with anyone either. She’s all wrong for the part and the writers don’t seem that interested in writing for her either. 

I feel the same way but that just makes the decision to recast her and bring her back all the more bizarre. She was already written off and they clearly didn’t recast her and bring her back to town with a specific storyline in mind, unless there was a plan that was immediately dropped. There’s a slight possibility that she was brought back for Shawn and they were thrown for a loop when the actor decided to leave but they weren’t writing for him either. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I used to like the character or Harrison Chase back when he was a detective. However, now he’s just a putz and that song he “sang” today at the Haunted Star was pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

BLQ: Willow, Michael, how can you forget about Chase?
Me: because they are utterly selfish. 

Again. Why is the horse in the house. 

Spinelli. Don't care. 
Bearded Wonder. Don't care. 
Piph still wants to be a doctor. Don't care.

MAC! YAY!

This pisses me off. I don't even care they become super sexy and everything. Britt doesn't want to see a horse. Bearded Wonder is all pushy just do it and makes Britt feel bad about not wanting to love horses. like go away.  

this is lovely. Sonny and Brando are going to bond over threatening people. awwww... gag me with a ski pole. Why not be more concerned that Sasha doesn't think she has a problem, and takes illegal drugs to "cope." 

the only good thing about this show was the Brothers Awesome. Oh and that Austin saw Star Trek 4. great movie lol

I love Chase, but that song... not for moi

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Shut up Spinelli. Trying to show up Maxie's date who is a doctor is a bad look on you.

Nina/Sasha were sweet. And made sense in storytelling terms.

Brando obsessing about how Sasha relapsed without his knowing about it strikes me as being too controlling for comfort.

The nanny is reading to Wiley so Michael and Willow are going to duck out. What happened to having to be there every night to tuck Wiley in? Speaking of controlling, Michael is going to every OB appointment? Ewwww.

Willow took her nursing exams months ago. Why doesn't she have a job yet?

Did Linc buy a book "Creepy Haircuts for Creepy Men"

Britt sitting on the patio "It smells better out here."  Me: Yes. Who was stupid enough to build a living room and apartment in a stable?

It feels like Epiphany has been studying for the MCAT longer than Kiki was in med school.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of controlling, Michael is going to every OB appointment? Ewwww.

why is this controlling?  I know a lot of men who wanted to go to the OB appointments. 

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brando obsessing about how Sasha relapsed without his knowing about it strikes me as being too controlling for comfort.

why is this controlling too?

I would be pissed off at myself if i was in a relationship and I didn't see the signs of someone having addictive behaviour (or if someone was sick or something). especially if I were a former addict myself. because it's double how did I miss this?  Also also,it would also be back of my mind, if she lied for # of months about drugs, what else did she lie about. what else did i not see. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

nd they clearly didn’t recast her and bring her back to town with a specific storyline in mind

When she first got back they had her all up in Curtis' business as though she was still interested even though they were good and thoroughly broken up before she left.  They briefly threw us the "Stella lost the divorce papers" but didn't follow through on that either.  Then they briefly used her to arrest Trina and we haven't seen her since, until yesterday.  Just make Mac the commisioner and move on.  

44 minutes ago, Daisy said:

This pisses me off. I don't even care they become super sexy and everything. Britt doesn't want to see a horse. Bearded Wonder is all pushy just do it and makes Britt feel bad about not wanting to love horses. like go away. 

They had Cody much worse today than he's been in terms of being a complete and utter jackass.  I felt like he deserved a punch to the face at least once during this stupid date.  He is so beneath Britt it's not even funny anymore.  

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nina/Sasha were sweet. And made sense in storytelling terms

Cynthia and Sofia have great chemistry together and have a realistic mother/daughter vibe even though they arent'.  

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I know a lot of men who wanted to go to the OB appointments. 

It's not necessary.  I mean, my husband went to the truly important ones (first ultrasound, amnio, genetic counselling) but the majority are just checking your weight and measuring your belly and discussing all the wierd symptoms you'ved had.  No need for the hubby to go to all of them.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I do hope they bring Nelle back, if only for us to see the look on her face when she finds out that her twin is this insipid little mouse.

That phenomenom called "twin absorption" - where one twin absorbs the other in the womb? I like to think that Nelle would have done that to Willow. 

• LOL 19

I know it's been said before, but it just is so convenient that Spinelli, The Cassadine connections, and The Corinthii  couldn't prove Esme is responsible for the sex tape? Urgh. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

It's not necessary.  I mean, my husband went to the truly important ones (first ultrasound, amnio, genetic counselling) but the majority are just checking your weight and measuring your belly and discussing all the wierd symptoms you'ved had.  No need for the hubby to go to all of them.  

well I figured that's what he kinda meant? But like i said I do know some husbands who just... want to take a part in the whole experience, and my girlfriends never minded so I just don't see the big deal of all of it. and (guh. defending MICHAEL - like he did point out, he didn't really have a great... first baby experience because of Nelle + Jonah/Wiley, so I can see him wanting to over compensate w/this one). I think that's relatively natural to want to do that. 

okay and now i am done defending him. i feel dirty. 

5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Cynthia and Sofia have great chemistry together and have a realistic mother/daughter vibe even though they arent'.  

this is why i hope when Nina finds out... just be cordial to Willow but really just treat Sasha like her actual daughter. 

Just make Mac the commisioner and move on.  

AMEN. he'll never work with Sonny EVER. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Good for Britt for calling Cody on his bullshit. 

7 minutes ago, seasons said:

I know it's been said before, but it just is so convenient that Spinelli, The Cassadine connections, and The Corinthii  couldn't prove Esme is responsible for the sex tape? Urgh. 

To be fair, they're trying to track a black market phone. You know how tricky that is. *rme*

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Most OB appointments are boring except for the milestone ones like the ultrasounds (which in my experience was done by a technician not the OB), there to check that the pregnancy is progressing well. So mostly boring.

But it's also a safe place where the woman can ask questions, talk about her concerns and her fears. If she doesn't have a midwife, it's the only place where she can be honest with a medical professional. It's a question of privacy, having the partner there for every appointment is an invasion of privacy. If Michael wants to have a better experience than with Nelle (although it wasn't bad until the end when he decided that Nelle was the devil incarnate), do it putting Willow's needs first and ask her how much she wants him involved.

Brando has a better stand in worrying that he didn't see it coming but he's had that conversation too often. As an addict himself, he should know how hard addicts work to hide that they're using.

41 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

They had Cody much worse today than he's been in terms of being a complete and utter jackass.  I felt like he deserved a punch to the face at least once during this stupid date.  He is so beneath Britt it's not even funny anymore.  

I know! I thought that the show was finally going to appreciate what they had in KT but this is cringeworthy. It's like she's there just to prop up Frank's latest pet.

35 minutes ago, seasons said:

That's why they need Josslyn Jax and Trina Taggart, Girl Detectives!

Edited by statsgirl
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Daisy said:

so I can see him wanting to over compensate w/this one).

It was just a heavy handed plot point, because we know something's wrong with Willow so it's supposed to be a suspenseful, dun, dun, dun, that he wants to be attached at her hip for every appointment.  I can just picture my hubby, playng on his phone in the corner while my OB and I discuss the weird cramping that I always have and commiserating together since she was pregnant at the same time as I was!!!!

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

they're trying to track a black market phone.

are they though?  Spinelli told the girls that the serial number was filed off of the phone meaning it was stolen and resold then shrugged his shoulders of the whole thing.  The girls are the ones that did the legwork and found the bartender who sold the phone.  Still not sure why his butt wasn't arrested and told to testify.  

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Trina Taggart,

Splitting hairs, but she's actually Trina Robinson even though her parents were married at the time of her birth.  

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I don’t find it controlling but it is making me worry it might cause him to relapse?  Two addicts in a relationship has got to be hard.

3 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

I don't think Ava's hair is bad?

I agree. I watched the episodes and was expecting much worse from the way people were describing it. Lol maybe it was a little flat, but idk. 

Yesterday it looked ok.  The day before the bangs were kind of curled under and they looked weird to me.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It was just a heavy handed plot point, because we know something's wrong with Willow so it's supposed to be a suspenseful, dun, dun, dun, that he wants to be attached at her hip for every appointment.  I can just picture my hubby, playng on his phone in the corner while my OB and I discuss the weird cramping that I always have and commiserating together since she was pregnant at the same time as I was!!!!

I just think it's odd because Aurora, the company he runs, is having serious issues now that the ELQ merger fell through, and he doesn't seem to be doing any work. He's going to the gym, attending OBGYN appts with his gf, like his job isn't in danger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Daisy said:

But like i said I do know some husbands who just... want to take a part in the whole experience, and my girlfriends never minded so I just don't see the big deal of all of it. and (guh. defending MICHAEL - like he did point out, he didn't really have a great... first baby experience because of Nelle + Jonah/Wiley, so I can see him wanting to over compensate w/this one). I think that's relatively natural to want to do that. 

okay and now i am done defending him. i feel dirty. 

Ha!  Yeah, Michael sucks that’s been well established.  But I see nothing wrong with the dad going to all the appointments.  It’s in mom’s body, but it’s his kid too.  If the mom has to take time out of her day to make all these appointments, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the father make time too.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ask her how much she wants him involved.

It's Michael—of course Willow wants him to experience every moment. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

If the mom has to take time out of her day to make all these appointments, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the father make time too.

But as @statsgirl wrote, it's also a privacy issue. What if the mother is feeling stressed by her husband's involvement? Or there's something she wants to talk to the doctor about first? With him at every appointment, she has no safe place to talk to her doctor about it. If the husband waits outside, that's one thing, but if he's in the exam room all the time, that can be detrimental to the mom.

13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

they're trying to track a black market phone.

are they though?  Spinelli told the girls that the serial number was filed off of the phone meaning it was stolen and resold then shrugged his shoulders of the whole thing. 

Spinelli is supposed to be a super hacker, so a filed-off serial number shouldn't have slowed him down. It's all a plot point, though.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Most OB appointments are boring except for the milestone ones like the ultrasounds (which in my experience was done by a technician not the OB), there to check that the pregnancy is progressing well. So mostly boring.

But it's also a safe place where the woman can ask questions, talk about her concerns and her fears. If she doesn't have a midwife, it's the only place where she can be honest with a medical professional. Having her partner there for every appointment is a huge invasion of privacy.

I had a high risk pregnancy so I had ultrasounds monthly with my MFM(high risk) doctor.  Just regular check ups monthly with my regular doctor.  My husband didn’t go to every appointment (I had a shit ton) but when he did come they would always take me in first to do the weight check, vitals, etc., plus answer any questions privately.  The would only bring him back once all that was done to hear the heartbeat, see the sonogram and stuff.  I wouldn’t be opposed if he had wanted to come to all them though.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I just think it's odd because Aurora, the company he runs, is having serious issues now that the ELQ merger fell through, and he doesn't seem to be doing any work. He's going to the gym, attending OBGYN appts with his gf, like his job isn't in danger. 

Well he never went to work before the merger attempt so i am not shocked that he's not going now. this dude does not know how to work. 

10 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

yeah we needed the "Ughoh!!!" Willow face.

again. I sot of seee Michael's view of this that he wants to be around for the visits. I really tune them out for the most part so unless he was saying he wants to be like right there getting all the info etc  right from Britt's mouth, just that he wants to be around Willow and also experience it. Sometime that also means the "mundane" things like going to the boring OB appointments. I mean, again. Michael is never the hill i wanna die on here, so i don't mind conceding the argument LOL but if it were me, and I was married, i  would be happy if my husband wanted to do the boring mundane stuff even if it were playing on his phone LOL. to me, it' wanting to be part of the process. I know when my mom had her cancer, while i was there for a good chunk of her appointments, there were times where the doctor would ask me to leave to what I would imagine they would talk about stuff that mom would share with me when she felt like it). thats probably what the would be too (if not for this plot point). that's all 

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Ha!  Yeah, Michael sucks that’s been well established.  But I see nothing wrong with the dad going to all the appointments.  It’s in mom’s body, but it’s his kid too.  If the mom has to take time out of her day to make all these appointments, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the father make time too.

Agreed! There are a lot of appointments toward the end and sometimes the fathers either can't get out of work that often or are saving their time off for paternity leave. But otherwise, if both parents want it that way, it's perfectly normal. 

As for Michael, obviously time off isn't an issue, and if Willow didn't have her Big Secret it would make sense for both of them to want to experience this pregnancy together as much as possible -- especially given (as Michael noted) their respective first experiences.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But as @statsgirl wrote, it's also a privacy issue. What if the mother is feeling stressed by her husband's involvement? Or there's something she wants to talk to the doctor about first? With him at every appointment, she has no safe place to talk to her doctor about it. If the husband waits outside, that's one thing, but if he's in the exam room all the time, that can be detrimental to the mom.

24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Hmm, maybe every doctor does it different but at my doctors they would always take me in first so I could have private one on one time with the doctor prior to letting my husband in.  I agree, a woman does need that private time with her doctor. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1
(edited)

Michael IS controlling, but the show wants us to see him as loving and compassionate.  However, it's a moot point because the SECRET ABOUT WILLOW'S CONVENIENTITUS will be out before he gets a chance to hover as she asks about her indigestion and that pesky hemorroid. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Again. Why is the horse in the house. 

It is the stable. The question should be : why is the stable basically a house that Cody lives in.

45 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

I don't think Ava's hair is bad?

Yesterday it looked ok.  The day before the bangs were kind of curled under and they looked weird to me.

For sure 2 days ago it was terrible, yesterday was just Blah. This is compared to the usual standard of fantastic!!!! which is how Ava/MW looks. So don't know why she even has to look blah, let alone weird.

Back to the Baby Jonah Michael Corinthos  head stone. Why, when Willow found out it was her baby that died,  wasn't the headstone  changed so it would be her baby that is remembered. No wonder she has issues about Wylie .

I ff'd through most of today

ETA: I had a random thought today. Actually Spencer is the only person that can exonerate Trina without implicating Esme, but Spencer would have to admit he was out of Baby Jail . If he cared so much about Trina he would do it. I cannot think of what kind of plan he expects Esme to come up with that would make any sense. But then a lot in this story doesn't make sense.......

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Spencer is the only person that can exonerate Trina without implicating Esme, but Spencer would have to admit he was out of Baby Jail .

It's been established in court that the video could have been time-released, so Spencer can't exonerate Trina except by proving Esmé is behind it all.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Back to the Baby Jonah Michael Corinthos  head stone. Why, when Willow found out it was her baby that died,  wasn't the headstone  changed

The baby had been give up and adopted so Willow really had no rights at this point.  Since they were keeping Wylie's name as is, then the headstone would have to have read Jonah Cooper-Jones and we can't have that, hence the headstone reads as is.  

edited to add:  I guess they could have changed it to Baby Boy Tait once the whole truth had come out, I suppose.  

Edited by perkie1968
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

headstone would have to have read Jonah Cooper-Jones and we can't have that, hence the headstone reads as is.  

The headstone can say what ever they want it to say. If Michael really cared about Willow they could have had it changed. But this is Michael and Corinthos' are baby hoarders.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's been established in court that the video could have been time-released, so Spencer can't exonerate Trina except by proving Esmé is behind it all.

Spencer isn't in the court so doesn't now what is happening there. I guess I just don't get the stupid plan, who can Esme pin it on. Or is that the point, she can't figure out a way so she breaks down and admits it?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

This is the same Michael who despite claiming he worked super hard at ELQ, immediately dumped his job onto Ned as soon as he learned about Wiley and missed the entire hostile takeover that was already taking place. Good for him for caring about his kids, I guess, but they’ll never sell me on Michael as a competent CEO because he never comes off as busy or worried about his companies. Let’s be honest, anyone in that type of position is all about work all of the time and family time is a distant second.  Those are the ones who work day and night and and stay available through their family vacations. 

• Love 4

Willow's pregnancy is all about Michael.  Who did she have to run and tell?  Her dead baby.  No family, no friends (unless you count Sasha who ran over the woman who raised Willow and who recently lost a baby = awkward). 

Michael gets to boast to his family, and use the info to stick it to Sonny one more time. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Willow's pregnancy is all about Michael.  Who did she have to run and tell?

Her dead baby who is buried as Jonah Michael Corinthos.  Not good IMO.

26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Michael gets to boast to his family, and use the info to stick it to Sonny one more time. 

Actually I'm surprised Michael didn't change the Willow's dead baby's name on the headstone......to Quartermaine.

• Sad 1
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Her pregnancy is all about Michael and her illness will be all about him too. And also Carly.

If Willow dares to want to try and make amends with Nina after Nina saves her life and the life of her unborn child, aka another child for the Corinthii Baby Hoarders, you know Michael will be all pouty/constipated face about it. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If Willow dares to want to try and make amends with Nina after Nina saves her life and the life of her unborn child, aka another child for the Corinthii Baby Hoarders, you know Michael will be all pouty/constipated face about it. 

The hope is that he'll drop dead from his conniption. Nina is not only Willow's mother, but the grandmother of his two children. Tough pill to swallow for an emotionally stunted entitled puff fish.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Willow's pregnancy is all about Michael. 

Willow's life is all about Michael.

53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina is not only Willow's mother, but the grandmother of his two children.

I would so much love to have someone rub it in to Michael. Someone like Obrecht who wouldn't pull punches

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, ouinason said:

Man, both those kids are related to Carly AND Leisl, they need to prebook the cells now.

The heat must be getting to you if you think those kids will go anywhere near a prison cell. If they do, it's because someone framed them.

Carly's genes will offset Obrecht's gross ones. We'll have boy Michael and girl Michael. Two simpering, know-it-all, perfect little hateful kids who love their daddy and are his allies in everything.

Thankfully the show will be dead and buried before we reach that point.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ciarra said:

Willow's pregnancy is all about Michael.  Who did she have to run and tell?  Her dead baby.  No family, no friends (unless you count Sasha who ran over the woman who raised Willow and who recently lost a baby = awkward). 

That’s sad but not surprising. Willow doesn’t really have friends and she doesn’t know about her family. They’ll make a half hearted attempt to make characters like Sasha, Chase, and BL friends of Millow when it suits them but those so-called friendships are mostly one sided and we’ve witnessed either Willow or Michael being horrible to all 3 of them at various times so it’s not believable. They could have made Willow an actual nurse by now so she’s interacts with the GH folks but chose not to so she exists to be Michael’s shadow. The show has fast tracked careers and schooling plenty when it suits them so I think they want to keep Willow isolated. Making her Nina’s daughter is more about the Nina/Carly feud than it is about giving Willow connections. I have zero hope that she’ll go against Carly and Michael on this because she’s a parrot. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Making her Nina’s daughter is more about the Nina/Carly feud than it is about giving Willow connections. I have zero hope that she’ll go against Carly and Michael on this because she’s a parrot. 

She is, but if she doesn't there's absolutely no point to this story.  Unless they literally do a carbon copy of "I want to be in my grandchild's life/how dare you, you don't deserve that!"

Yes, here in Canada we had the whole episode.  What was the last thing you saw before they cut out?  

Spinelli told Maxie he’s behind Society Setups

"By pretending to be someone even more banal than you are?"  Britt deserves so, so ,much better than Cody.

Britt still wants to sue Society Setups, Maxie is trying to stop her.

Esme goes with sleazy bartender (who apparently finished first in his law school and wants to practice environmental law) and drugs him.

"Football players, architects and sureyors would all disagree."

"You need established industry contacts and resources both of which I have access to."  Does Linc not know that both Brook Lynn's parents were in the music industry, not to mention the ELQ contacts?

"Paranoia, thinking that the government is out to get me." Marshall, as they say, it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

"Schizophrenia runs in families but no single gene has been found to be responsible." Yes Portia, because there are several genes involved. But at around 50, Curtis is pretty safe now.

Two days without Carly. I must have done something good to deserve this.

• Applause 2