Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
5 hours ago, ljr said:

Why isn't he going to a doctor?

that was never Ned's interest (maybe your'e thinking of Jason)

I think Eddie is happy the way he is, no doctor required.  Which I suppose Jason was, too.

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Her scenes with Willow were cringe yesterday. Drew is so awesome, Drew is the reason I'm alive, whoever turned Drew in should burn in the 7th circle of hell.

STFU, Stepford Willow

Willow has been acting like Drew is her surrogate father after they had a total of like 2 convos. I don’t think I can blame Michael’s influence on that one because even after the recast and Drew banging his mom, Michael barely cares about Drew and mostly treated him like a coworker instead of his uncle. I never got how Willow and Drew got so close that she was asking him to walk her down the aisle based on what we saw and I find it creepy as hell, even if it’s only so she can act super betrayed that Nina turned him in. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 7
53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Nina was wrong turning in two white collar criminals because she's not going around town telling everyone what she did.

I'm not going to even try to understand this.

27 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

she was asking him to walk her down the aisle

Ugh, I hated that. Walk yourself down the damn aisle!

I'm pretty sure that was about trying to integrate Drew into the canvas—it was when he was running around town being a life coach to everyone. It didn't work, though.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm pretty sure that was about trying to integrate Drew into the canvas—it was when he was running around town being a life coach to everyone. It didn't work, though.

Was that what they were trying to do? I thought they were just at a loss as to what to do with him outside of Carly’s Jason stand in so they gave him those random scenes. If anything, they took what was a fairly well integrated character, who was heavily involved in scenes with his friends, family and business and made him someone who was all about Carly and propping her. 

• Like 4

Carly and Joss have really made their entire personalities looking for excuses to hold grudges and judge everyone. Carly hates Austin because he “conned” Chase? Yeah, pretty sure Chase was a lot more hurt that day when he realized that his wife and best friend slipped away from their kid’s bday to have sex.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I think Sam wore the leather dress that Trina currently has on earlier this summer, or a early similar one. I prefer it on Trina. It’s a very cute, gen z look that didn’t work on Sam

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

There was a surprising amount of movement on various stories today.

Nice scenes with Spencer and Trina, at last.

Carly: : "I never liked that guy. He manipulated Chase into spying on the Quartermaines."  Me: After Willow cheated on her marriage to Chase with Michael. And also while the Quartermaines were trying to make sure that Austin didn't get any of the inheritance Edward might have wanted him to have.  Carlys are such hypocrites.

Carly also thinks that Drew should have let Cyrus die. sigh.

Dex in Sonny's name warns other prisoner not to mess with Drew. Sees Austin with Cyrus, is Dex smart enough to put the pieces together?

We have repeatedly been told that Cyrus' base is in the northwest and he came to try to set one up on the east coast.  This retcon that he was always in Pautuk makes no sense.

So Nik is alive; Austin saved his life. Are they going to recast and bring him back on?

Anna tells Sonny that his cooking is delicious, and that she herself rarely cooks. What is it with this show, that women except for Olivia (e.g. Carly, Anna, the Davis coven) are terrible cooks while the men (Sonny, Valentin) are wonderful cooks? Reverse sexism?

I' glad that Renee W. /Stella is back but her interaction with the woman today "What's your name?"  "Joni") was as if written conversing to a child, not a adult.

So Felicia is going to be a patient advocate? Okay, hopefully we get more General Hospital and less General Carlys.

Are they trying to redeem Gladys? Not sure that's possible at this stage. But the first thing Gladys needs to do is report the doctor to the AMA ethics division. The second is to fire Montague off Sasha's case and get another doctor. Why does this show think that I'm stupid?

Marshall shuts down Selina's poker game. How does Marshall not have the connections to run Curtis' club? Curtis had zero connections when he started out and Marshall has been in the music business all his life.

Marshall is a better father than Curtis deserves.

I like that Ava has an art gallery and that the art there changes. I liked today's painting of the multicoloured bluebird.

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I've had this argument with Facebook GH for months.  to them, if calling the SEC was the right thing to do then why isn't Nina shouting it from the rooftops. 

Let's rephrase that: if the Germans who tried to kill Hitler to end the war were doing the right thing, why didn't they shout it from the rooftops instead of hiding for their lives?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Dex can’t pull off intimidating. There is absolutely no way I buy that the prisoner was threatened by him. Though to be fair, until Jason bulked up in the late 2000s, I thought the same thing about him. In the 90s, he still looked like a scrawny dork to me and the T-shirt and leather jacket wardrobe wasn’t doing the heavy lifting the show thought it was.

Cyrus is the mystery boss and Austin knows Nik is alive. He’s the one who saved his life and is keeping it from Ava. The scab writers might have fixed this story that has been dragged out for eternity because this is the first day I’ve been mildly interested in Austin. 

However, another story that continues to drag and doesn’t seem like it’s getting fixed by the new writers is Drew being sent to prison because Nina is evil. Carly hopes whoever turned him is punished. After that joke of a “identity theft” case they pulled on Nina last year, I have no doubt that they’ll somehow make it illegal in PC to be a whistleblower if you don’t like the person who committed a crime and Drew will be simultaneously be pardoned since how dare someone turn him in for a crime he was 100% guilty of.

I’m not really sure what to make of Felicia and her career change. Maybe they realized that they need more characters working at GH and Felicia going back to PI work would he redundant when you consider how many other characters are investigators or law enforcement.

Does no one retire in PC? They’ve had multiple characters who are either close to or at retirement age who’ve gone into “second acts” the past few years. Robert, Alexis, now Felicia and I’m assuming Anna is next since she’s out of the WSB. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly: : "I never liked that guy. He manipulated Chase into spying on the Quartermaines."  Me: After Willow cheated on her marriage to Chase with Michael. And also while the Quartermaines were trying to make sure that Austin didn't get any of the inheritance Edward might have wanted him to have.  Carlys are such hypocrites.

Austin explicitly said that it was Chase's choice to spy. There was no manipulation. FFS, Show.

When I first saw the guy Dex was seeing at Pentonville, I thought, Why is Chris Evans on GH? Hee.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I like that Ava has an art gallery and that the art there changes. I liked today's painting of the multicoloured bluebird.

Same! It's nice Props is paying attention to that. 

• Like 1

Willow has been acting like Drew is her surrogate father after they had a total of like 2 convos.

y

Actually, this I understand.  She has no father figure in her life, so she's going to latch onto someone.  Wasn't Drew the first person that she told she was sick and asked him to look for her birth family.  So it's not a stretch that she would ask him to walk her down the aisle and that she got closer when he accompanied Liesl back from Greenland (NO, I don't beleive or accept that he saved Liesl, because he was the least competent person there).  It did make me wonder whe she's never asked Nina about her bio father though.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

So Nina was wrong turning in two white collar criminals because she's not going around town telling everyone what she did.

Correct.  Their logic: the SEC didn't need to know what Crew had done.  Carly didn't know it was insider trading.  Carly was just trying to help her son.  Nina told out of spite.  I'm constantly pointing out that it doesn't matter if Nina was being spiteful but that doesn't usually get me anywhere!!

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

with the woman today "What's your name?"  "Joni") was as if written conversing to a child, not a adult.

It was a teenager.  The girl's mother had been brought in but she didn't understand what the doctors were telling her, so they brought in Stella, who's a patient advocate to explain her mother's condition and treatement.  

29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The second is to fire Montague off Sasha's case and get another doctor.

She can't.  If she tells anyone what Monty's doing, he tells everyone that she hired him to do it, which she did and that she's been syphoning money out of Sasha's estate all these months.  

• Like 4

I kind of want Selena to crush Marshall just because he's so cocky about thinking he can get rid of her with the snap of his fingers. Curtis got involved with the illegal poker game because he was too stupid and impatient to get information on Marshall on his own. It was a tit-for-tat transaction, not blackmail. I wish Selena had pointed that out.

Marshall was also kind of an asshole to Stella. Clearly Curtis didn't fall far from the tree, regardless of whether Marshall was there while Curtis was growing up.

It's a retcon that Austin saved Nik's life, right? Wasn't Austin lying on the living room floor of Wyndemere with a bullet in the gut when all of that went down?

Sonny, if you're so scornful of what Ava can do to help with the Pikeman crap, why involve her in the first place?

• Like 5

Is it me, or do RH and JK look like they could be related? I smell a retcon coming with Austin's Q genes.

Gladys acting shocked at what Dr. Thumb did to Sasha. Nice of her to be selling Sasha's stock. I'm assuming she's about to dump a whole lot of it and cause a financial crisis at Deception. 

Watched Carly and Drew on mute. Watched Dex and inmate #something on mute.

Spencer/Trina one step forward, a million steps back.

Does Felicia even have a degree be a social worker? I appreciate her wanting to do something with her life and wanting to make a difference, but are we going to skip steps so that she can have that job at the hospital?

I think I'm about to stop caring about Anna altogether.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Does Felicia even have a degree be a social worker? I appreciate her wanting to do something with her life and wanting to make a difference, but are we going to skip steps so that she can have that job at the hospital?

Felicia was applying to be a patient advocate. I worked as one right out of college and it didn’t require a social work degree. However, I’m not sure Felicia is qualified either because it did require several years of clinical hospital experience and a bachelors degree. I would think it’s pretty difficult to be a patient advocate without hospital experience considering you have to act as a liaison. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

t's a retcon that Austin saved Nik's life, right? Wasn't Austin lying on the living room floor of Wyndemere with a bullet in the gut when all of that went down?

Those were two seperate occasions.  

1-Nik threatens to take Avery so Ava clocks him in the head.  Austin shows up at the front door.  He sees Nik on the ground, and helps Ava drag him to the closet in the stables.  She leaves to go to Curtis/Portia wedding and he stuck around to wait for her, which made no sense at the time.  but I guess that's when he would have saved Nik and then had Mason come and get him.  

2- The next day (?) Heather shows up at windemere, following  Ryan and pregnant Esme.  Heather stabs Austin with the hook and he lies on the floor until paramedics get there and he's brought back to the mainland with Felicia.    

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's a retcon that Austin saved Nik's life, right? Wasn't Austin lying on the living room floor of Wyndemere with a bullet in the gut when all of that went down?

Maybe. IIRC, when he and Ava went to the stable to look for "the body" because Ava was sure that she had killed him, it was missing. It's possible that Mason stole a barely-alive Nik and called Austin to save him.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

It was a teenager.  The girl's mother had been brought in but she didn't understand what the doctors were telling her, so they brought in Stella, who's a patient advocate to explain her mother's condition and treatement.  

She can't.  If she tells anyone what Monty's doing, he tells everyone that she hired him to do it, which she did and that she's been syphoning money out of Sasha's estate all these months.  

The girl may have been a teenager (she looked in her 20s to me) but when you ask a teenager her name, they reply with "Joni [last name]. It's only much younger children who give you only their first names when a stranger asks. I get that it was to show Felicia how wonderful it is what Stella is doing but the whole conversation seemed pitched to someone Avery's age rather than someone the age of the actor.

Montague has no proof that Gladys has been siphoning money from Sasha's bank accounts. But Gladys doesn't really have a choice because if she gives him the money, he will just keep blackmailing her. Call his bluff, he has more to lose (medical license and reputation) than she does.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Montague has no proof that Gladys has been siphoning money from Sasha's bank accounts.

Montague and Gladys play in the same poker games and I might be making it up, but I thought after one game where they lost, she mentioned that she was getting the money from Sasha's guardianship.  But that also could have happend in the GH in my head, which is often better than the one on my screen!!

• LOL 2
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But that also could have happend in the GH in my head, which is often better than the one on my screen!!

I can believe it. 😆

Gladys probably did tell Montague that but he doesn't have any actual proof of it. I still think that he would be losing more than she would if it came out that he was deliberately drugging Sasha to get money from Gladys, possibly even criminal prosecution.

I know that Ava and Sonny don't know that Nik is actually still alive, which is why they talk about getting his body back. But...do they REALLY want the body of someone who died I-don't-remember-how-many-months-ago?  Because it's not really going to be in particularly good shape after all this time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9

I don’t think they’re retconning Austin’s paternity. He said today that the times when Cyrus came around were wonderful because he didn’t have to be the ‘perfect little man.’ Maybe he’s an uncle on his mothers side or he was his mother’s‘special friend’ or something. I see Cyrus as more of a benefactor/father figure.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

So is Diane going to appeal Drew's sentence with the dual 'he takes back his plea/the judge was a big meanie' statute?  This fucking show.  And of course the looks between Dex and Carly at the end mean she's all-in on the Pikeman nonsense, because it's a rule Carly has to be involved in every story.  I'm sure she'll be the one to realize Sasha is being drugged by her doctor, too. 

Is this the first were hearing that Austin's mother was sad his entire childhood?  That feels like a rewrite, but I didn't pay all that much attention to a lot of his JL backstory when he told the Q's.

• Like 10

"We've never met before, but my name is Felicia Scorpio."

I'm pretty sure I remember Felicia and Stella meeting a few years ago, back when Stella caught Felicia and Mac having sex at the park in the middle of the day.

10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Dex can’t pull off intimidating. There is absolutely no way I buy that the prisoner was threatened by him.

To be fair, I don't really think that the guy was supposed to be threatened by Dex, but by Sonny.  Dex was just the messenger.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So is Diane going to appeal Drew's sentence with the dual 'he takes back his plea/the judge was a big meanie' statute? 

The only thing that should change is where Drew serves his time. It was completely stupid for him to go to maximum-security Pentonville for a financial crime. But then he couldn't get involved with Cyrus and that whole story, so plot point ahoy!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I don’t think they’re retconning Austin’s paternity. He said today that the times when Cyrus came around were wonderful because he didn’t have to be the ‘perfect little man.’ Maybe he’s an uncle on his mothers side or he was his mother’s‘special friend’ or something. I see Cyrus as more of a benefactor/father figure.

Oh, I do.  When Austin mentioned that Cyrus "visited," I thought OK, here we go--Cyrus and mom were having an affair.   Austin never referred to Cyrus as "Uncle." But he paid for Ausin's schooling/medical school.   Why?  Seems to me that he wouldn't do unless he was his father.  If it turns out that he is, Austin will be Laura's nephew.  Good grief.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
43 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Oh, I do.  When Austin mentioned that Cyrus "visited," I thought OK, here we go--Cyrus and mom were having an affair.   Austin never referred to Cyrus as "Uncle." But he paid for Ausin's schooling/medical school.   Why?  Seems to me that he wouldn't do unless he was his father.  If it turns out that he is, Austin will be Laura's nephew.  Good grief.

I was thinking the same thing, but I hadn't thought about the family tree. Good grief indeed. Of course they'll be related because that's the way GH rolls. And now we'll have to love Austin, because he's tied to almost everyone in town. 

• Like 1
On 8/22/2023 at 1:47 PM, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wish Sonny would find out about Nina, forgive her, and then defend her when the truth inevitably comes out.  It would serve Carly right.

That would be refreshing. Also, hilarious if Sonny (of all people) had to remind Carly that she and Drew did break the law, so they did deserve to be caught. So, whoever told the SEC about it was hardly a villain, even if their motives weren't strictly pure.

It's like if you told the police that your neighbor was selling stolen goods. They are still the criminal, but you might have had a harder time deciding to tell on them if you really liked them than if you always thought they were a jerk.

• Like 6

What kind of security do they have at Pentonville, if no one apparently notices that Cyrus had his hair cut and styled without going to the prison barber? You would think that the guards would at least ask him how that came about. 

I'm disappointed if Cyrus' enlightenment was all a scam. Why did they bother with that near-death experience with Laura if he is actually not redeemed in any way? 

Also, Gladys is shocked, shocked that Sasha is getting drugged! What exactly did she think that shady doc was going to do to keep Sasha from behaving in a way that would get her out of Ferndale (or wherever she is)? Gladys needs to let Nina know - she can send a tip to the prison/hospital managers. Nina could become the town tipster!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Now I’ve always thought JK was a good looking man but with this new haircut…..I wouldn’t kick him out is all I’m saying….

Ditto to everyone who has said NuNuMolly is just not working and the actress who plays Betty would have made a better Molly.  NuMolly (the one before this one) wasn’t terrible but she just didn’t blend well with the others.  Too tall.  Maybe she could play Lulu when/if she wakes up?  Little Lulu was a brunette (yes I’ve been watching that long and then some). 

• Useful 1

Sam/Dante’s place went through another remodel. It looks better than before but that set has gotten teeny tiny. It’s as hard for me to buy that the PH can comfortable house 2 adults and 3 (sometimes 4) kids as Anna’s place being a townhouse. I’ll never get why they didn’t move into a house because those kids should be just as on top of each other in that place as Maxie’s are in her apt. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

That would be refreshing. Also, hilarious if Sonny (of all people) had to remind Carly that she and Drew did break the law, so they did deserve to be caught. So, whoever told the SEC about it was hardly a villain, even if their motives weren't strictly pure.

All I think about is Sonny berating Brenduh for 20 or so years for wearing a wire to gather evidence against him.  And Sonny breaks the law every day of the week and doesn't think he should be caught. 

• Like 4

While I like Spencer and Trina together, I think she should dump him. He’s admitted that he thinks Esme is a good mother so he’s only choosing to stay there because he wants to be versus before when he thought Esme would ruin the baby. Ace spends all day in daycare so Spencer mostly spends time with him when Esme is around anyway. Her bf is actively choosing to cosplay Esme’s spouse/coparent instead of having his own life. 

Also, Spencer talking about his relationship with Nikolas is a complete rewrite. They were close before he chose to stay dead in 2016 but now, he’s saying Nikolas was never around. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

It was so gross to see Sonny try to steal a french fry from someone's order! And he wasn't sorry about it, EW. Carly should have thrown him out of Kelly's on his ear.

25 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Her bf is actively choosing to cosplay Esme’s spouse/coparent instead of having his own life. 

What would Spencer do? He's shown no interest in anything remotely related to a job, let alone go to school or start some sort of career path. Taking care of Ace is his life at the moment, regardless of the actual time spent doing it. 

• Like 3

Carly: "He's seeing Ava. She's a magnet for trouble."  Carly is such a bitch, especially when she doesn't need to be.

Ironic? or planning? that Jordan handles Curtis better right now than Portia.

Good for Rehab Patient, the first person to get anywhere near telling Curtis to get over himself. That's what he needs to hear.

Trina is doing far too much parenting of Portia. It's not healthy.

I loved Sam's top. (It's been a long time since I've been able to say that.)

4 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Maybe he'll end up at that place where Alexis was, where Esme did her internship...

I thought that Alexis was in Pentonville too. There is a new set for Drew so that Carly can visit him in a nice place.

26 minutes ago, ciarra said:

All I think about is Sonny berating Brenduh for 20 or so years for wearing a wire to gather evidence against him.  And Sonny breaks the law every day of the week and doesn't think he should be caught. 

Yeah. As much as I would like Sonny to be okay with Nina reporting Drew and Carly, it would be out of character for him. He's one of those people who think that it's okay if their tribe break the law.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What would Spencer do? He's shown no interest in anything remotely related to a job, let alone go to school or start some sort of career path. Taking care of Ace is his life at the moment, regardless of the actual time spent doing it. 

Is it a writing decision? Or just something the writers missed? Other than auditing one class at PCU and working at Kelly's when he needed the cash, Spencer has done nothing since he got back to Port Charles.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
5 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

Maybe he'll end up at that place where Alexis was, where Esme did her internship...

I thought that Alexis was in Pentonville too. There is a new set for Drew so that Carly can visit him in a nice place.

I think it was Spring Ridge?  Who can remember - so many jails/prisons/mental hospitals in and around Port Charles....

• Useful 2
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that Alexis was in Pentonville too.

She did, when she and Shawn were hanging out at the library.

There is a new set for Drew so that Carly can visit him in a nice place.

God forbid Carly sits her designer pair of pants on benches that have been worn out by Levi's and track pants. Carly is high scale.

• Like 4

Wow, Portia is at Olympic levels of passive-aggressiveness with Spencer. I wish they were writing Trina a little smarter about that. It's one thing for Portia not to want Spencer in her home, but if he and Trina see each other outside of it, like say at the gallery where Trina works, she needs to dial back the attitude.

I liked Dante standing up to Valentin about taking Charlotte to see Lulu.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

I think it was Spring Ridge?  Who can remember - so many jails/prisons/mental hospitals in and around Port Charles....

23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She did, when she and Shawn were hanging out at the library.

My memory is fuzzy, did Nik get her transferred from Pentonville to Spring Ridge?

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My memory is fuzzy, did Nik get her transferred from Pentonville to Spring Ridge?

She ended up there eventually, but I honestly can't even remember what she did that landed her in jail in the first place, so yeah . . .

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

She started off at Pentonville where they let her spend all her time hanging out with Shawn but they later transferred her to Spring Ridge. She was in jail for an abnormally long time considering she was onscreen the entire time. I think she ended up serving 7 months. 

9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She ended up there eventually, but I honestly can't even remember what she did that landed her in jail in the first place, so yeah . . .

She tried to kill Franco but brainwashed Dante got in the way and got stabbed with a syringe. The judge dismissed the attempted murder of Franco charge but she pled guilt to assault and battery of Dante. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I remember Brenda wearing the wire expecting to prove Sonny's innocence. She genuinely believed he wasn't a current criminal.

What I would like to see is Nina trusting her relationship enough to tell Sonny the truth. He wouldn't be happy and he wouldn't agree with her decision, but he would be able to see why she did it. He wouldn't turn on her or dump her.

It's not even out of the realm for Sonny. Remember his most recent (I think) wedding to Brenda. The one Carly tried to bust up by (wrongly) telling him that Brenda and Dante had an affair? They didn't, but they were keeping a secret - I think about Brenda's son but don't hold me to that - and Sonny got over it immediately, much to Brenda and Carly's surprise.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I think about Brenda's son but don't hold me to that - and Sonny got over it immediately, much to Brenda and Carly's surprise.

The fact that it wasn't Sonny's kid helped him get over it immediately, for sure.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2023 at 10:05 AM, ffwbe said:

Willow has been acting like Drew is her surrogate father after they had a total of like 2 convos. I don’t think I can blame Michael’s influence on that one because even after the recast and Drew banging his mom, Michael barely cares about Drew and mostly treated him like a coworker instead of his uncle. I never got how Willow and Drew got so close that she was asking him to walk her down the aisle based on what we saw and I find it creepy as hell, even if it’s only so she can act super betrayed that Nina turned him in. 

It does seem very forced.

On 8/21/2023 at 5:02 PM, statsgirl said:

Ned also said that there were so few Quartermaines left, he wanted to change his name from Ashton to Quartermaine.

I was thinking about why the Molly/surrogate story isn't working for me and it occurred to me that one reason is that nunuMolly isn't playing this with any vulnerability. She's angry at Kristina, not hurt that Kristina can so easily do something that she herself can't. She's so sure and smug that she will have a child next year at this time, zero insecurities or concerns that the baby will have TJ's DNA and whether she will feel left out then. Hasn't even mentioned her career and how she's going to handle it all with a partner who is working 80 hours a week. No hesitation or vulnerability underneath the confidence.

Maybe this is how the actress is being told to play Molly but it is making it very difficult to feel any sympathy for her and TJ. And as a side note, the sweeping hairstyle and feminine clothes are not what HP's driven social justice warrior would wear and makes it even harder to connect with this Molly.

I just can’t get into the recast Molly or Kristina.  They come off as so different, and I don’t find them especially appealing.  Nothing against either actress.

• Like 3
On 8/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, statsgirl said:

I can believe it. 😆

Gladys probably did tell Montague that but he doesn't have any actual proof of it. I still think that he would be losing more than she would if it came out that he was deliberately drugging Sasha to get money from Gladys, possibly even criminal prosecution.

I’m sure Gladys is smart enough to know that even a cursory examination of Sasha’s finances would reveal multiple unexplained monetary withdrawals.  If I had access to Sasha’s and records, investment account ledgers, etc.  I could probably figure most of it out in 5-10 minutes.  Gladys doesn’t exactly have the knowledge or experience to cover her tracks where this kind of money is concerned.

On 8/21/2023 at 6:46 PM, Artsda said:

Joss has to go Metrocourt pool to sit and study? They have their own. 

New nanny would have been a good Molly instead of even Kristina. Kate Mansi could have been new Lulu. 

Show can’t afford two pool sets.  I supposed we’re lucky to have one.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 6
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I liked Dante standing up to Valentin about taking Charlotte to see Lulu.

That was several layers of HAWT!!  DZ has been knocking it out of the park, first with all the Dante/Anna scenes and the Dante/Charlotte scene when he took her to see Lulu.  I still don't understand why he's not leading man.  

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
41 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

I’m sure Gladys is smart enough to know that even a cursory examination of Sasha’s finances would reveal multiple unexplained monetary withdrawals.  If I had access to Sasha’s and records, investment account ledgers, etc.  I could probably figure most of it out in 5-10 minutes.  Gladys doesn’t exactly have the knowledge or experience to cover her tracks where this kind of money is concerned.

Sasha told Gladys multiple times to spend what she wanted from her accounts