Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kim0820 said:

Esme said she is adopted.   Is Ryan the adoptive father then?  Or the bio father. Then who are the respective mothers. 

so she is not really into Spence. 

I thought she said her adoptive parents were killed in a car crash. They haven't said anything about bio parents.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I thought she said her adoptive parents were killed in a car crash. They haven't said anything about bio parents.

At this point, I think that we have to question everything coming out of Esme's mouth. The story about her parents could have been something to reel Spencer in because when he met Esme, he thought that Nikolas was also dead, which put Esme's experience on par with his.

It just seems like Esme going to the same boarding school as Spencer was because of Spencer. 

• Love 9

Everytime Carly opens her mouth, i am always amazed she's not struck dead. "We need to let our children run their own lives." ahuh.

I am still amused that it seems now the reason Nina can't see Wiley is because Nina slept with Sonny. basically these two dumbos are not letting Nina see her grandson because Carly is sadz.

Willow was willing to compromise to let Nina see her grandson but it was under false pretences? what false pretences are these? lmao - Michael is a strategist now?

those must be some pretty cheap drugs Sasha is taking the way shes popping them. 

• Love 7

What kind of drugs is Sasha on? Apparently they’re miracle workers since they just make her happy with no manic behavior or come down… or the actress is too weak to play this SL. 

For someone who claims that it’s painful to see Sonny, Carly keeps coming up with reasons to seek him out. Those scenes with Carson, Nina and Gladys today were just weird. 

Not sure if it was intentional but temp recast Harmony sounded extra cult-y today when she was talking to Alexis. 

• Love 3

This episode felt like it was three hours long. Even the clown music that plays in my head during some scenes stopped. This episode killed the joy in my life.

I hope that the real Harmony will be back ASAP, because I could not take the temporary recast. The last time I saw this actress in anything was when I was watching Sunset Beach at 10 am in the morning, before heading out to class (or skipping gym class because I "twisted" my ankle). That was a very lackluster performance. Sunset Beach was a long ass time ago and she has not aged, so that's great. But the acting was . . . bad.

I don't care about Carly traveling to the penthouse for x and y reason so that she can find Nina there and jump to conclusions. Take Gladys's keys away and stick her in a Uber or a cab. And STFU, Gladys, Carly is not a saint and you're supposed to barely stand her.

The wedding was zzzzzz.

Willow and Michael made me want to crawl (and I don't crawl, it's too much effort) under my bed and stay there.

The plot against Victor is supposed to be uber duper secret, but let's talk about it in the restaurant where everyone can hear our suspicions and about the planned trip to Austria and the ruse behind it. Victor should have people sitting at the MC or walking around in the hospital, because PCers are dumber than a box of hair.

Stop pushing Alexis into being a relationship or having anonymous sex. It's luck that she hasn't joined a nunnery. I guess there's still time for that.

Also, I hate you, Michael. HAAAAAAAAAAATE!

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, I do not care at all about Brando, I only loosely care about Sasha in relation to Lucy/Deception, and thus super don't care that they're married now.

I don't hate either character, but there was way too much of them. Does anyone miss these guys when they're not on screen?

• Love 6

How  can Sasha and Brando get married on the Canadian side of the border? Canadian Niagara Falls is not Las Vegas.

The wedding was a fail for me because the writing hasn't made me invested in this relationship.  So is spending their marriage night apart leading to an annullment because the marriage isn't consummated? Can't they share a sleeping bag?

I'm truly amazed at all the reasons Carly comes up with to show up at Sonny's door after insisting on a divorce.

I hate to agree with Gladys but if Brando and Sasha are grieving the loss of their child together it's really not the best time to decide to get married.

I see Chad Duell finally found a barber.

Michael speaking for Willow "We don't anticipate any problems" to Willow's mother is some first class controlling behaviour.

Enough with the Michael business propping. "Michael is such a good negotiator that he got Sasha shares' said Lucy yesterday. Today it's Diane saying that Michael is a strategic thinker. Blech.

Alexis needs friends other than Diane and Shawn.

Speaking of controlling, have Mac, Robert and Anna all forgotten that Felicia has been on WSB and PI adventures too?

7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Because everyone is always carrying her. The child's feet have probably never touched the ground.

This is common parenting in some Asian countries. ItÈs effective in some emotional development.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't hate either character, but there was way too much of them. Does anyone miss these guys when they're not on screen?

They play Sasha and Brando so strangely. Most of the time, they’re another young, lower tier couple like Molly/TJ that pop up once a month and are relatively inoffensive but then they’ll throw them these moments befitting of lead characters when there’s no investment in them to care. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yesterday when Lucy said Michael negotiated this top-tier contract for Sasha with Deception I nearly choked.  

We all need a defibrillator and a barf bag at hand for whenever stuff like this is spewed by characters about Michael. Michael is soo great! Michael has such a great analytical mind! Michael can broker world peace.

Honestly, all I see is a guy who is a gaping a**hole as well as a manipulative and controlling prick. Willow traded in one cult for another.

The more they try to say otherwise, the more I will hate him and wish a thousand deaths over him and I don't even think I'm being dramatic.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm truly amazed at all the reasons Carly comes up with to show up at Sonny's door after insisting on a divorce.

I know, that got boring about 2 times ago.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Everytime Carly opens her mouth, i am always amazed she's not struck dead. "We need to let our children run their own lives." ahuh.

Of all the delusional statements Carly has EVER made , that one took the cake. It deserved a thunder bolt. Or at least a side comment from Sonny or Nina,or an eyeroll at least from Gladys. Maybe they are setting it up so Nina can throw it back in Cary's face if Michael decides to let Nina see Wiley. Otherwise what was the point of those scenes today, just to have another reason to get Carly to see Sonny? Such lazy writing.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Otherwise what was the point of those scenes today, just to have another reason to get Carly to see Sonny? Such lazy writing.

esp when she said like legit yesterday she wants to see Sonny less. she didn't need to drive Gladys just do it over the phone. pop her in a cab.

• Love 5

What are the chances that the mechanic in No-Name township of Niagra Falls, Canada would also be an ordained minister who could marry Sasha and Brando? Only in Soapville, I think!

Again, I can't help wondering about the practical/legal aspects - do S & B even have a marriage license? If so, where is it valid? Would a U.S. license be valid in Canada? (Honestly, I have no idea) Did the minister/mechanic sign it, and where would it be filed? 

• Love 3

Why do people keep encouraging Alexis to date? I think we’re supposed to be frustrated by her but honestly, she shouldn’t be. Her last 2 relationships, even for a soap, ended tragically and she hasn’t even been sober for a year yet. Didn’t Neil’s death trigger her relapse?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I hate to agree with Gladys but if Brando and Sasha are grieving the loss of their child together it's really not the best time to decide to get married.

True, but it's not really her business. I was relieved she didn't show up at the last minute to stop things. Butt out, Gladys. Try not to be like Carly in that way.

• Love 5

I guess I missed the meeting where it was decided that Sasha and Brando are now main characters that get major screen time. I would have voted NO. 

What are the reds & blacks supposed to be? Sasha does not seem speedy, but neither does she seem chill or sedated. She just seems moody. If I was Brando, her accusing him every 5 minutes of not wanting to marry her, or of trying to get out of it, or regretting having done it would send me running for the hills.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

honestly, Brando is dumbo. 
three days before; "you aren't grieving."
two days before. "we should vacay and talk."
one day before. "you wanna get married?"
today "YAY!!!! MARRIED"

come on dude. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 3/8/2022 at 10:32 PM, Asp Burger said:

I saw every painful day of the SWSNBN years, and no, it's not true. With her record behind the wheel, she'd probably have driven off a cliff with him while taking him to nursery school. She'd escape without a scratch; he'd be quadriplegic.

I just remembered we used to call her Toonces. Or maybe it was at TWoP. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Carly: "We need to let our children live their own lives."

Me: HAHAHAHAHA...oh, wait, you were being serious?

Sonny: "Michael is his own man--he makes his own decisions."

Me: Have you been mixing booze and your meds again?

Diana: "Michael, you're strategic."

Me: Oh, for fuck's sake, the writers are trolling us!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, KittyQ said:

What are the chances that the mechanic in No-Name township of Niagra Falls, Canada would also be an ordained minister who could marry Sasha and Brando?

In this economy, we all need a side hustle. He probably Door Dashes, too.

Every time I watch a scene of Sasha and Brando, I'm reminded of an exchange from Friends where Rachel says that if anyone is going to be phased out, she figures it would be Phoebe: "You'd lift right out!" If they stopped appearing after today, I doubt I would notice.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I just remembered we used to call her Toonces.

Oh I had forgotten that. Thanks for the laugh.

Today left me with some questions. Like what is a Brando? Why is Sasha? Seriously it's time for them to die so we know the situation is serious or something

And it's soap writing malpractice to ask me to care about Sasho and Branda in the same episode with Michael and Willow. 

I would be down with a villain/bad boyfriend story with Michael if I believed the actor could sell it. This one can definitely bring asshat but I don't think that's the acting per se.

I'm secretly hoping that Victor is on the up and up and really is preparing for a larger threat. All these people plotting his downfall in public is getting ridiculous.

I've been watching old clips from around Nina's intro and her antics with Franco. This woman thinks a court would grant her access to a child? She induced Ava by force and kidnapped her baby. I know everyone's a kidnapper on this show but jeez. 

Speaking of the old clips and Michael, I'm also seeing some Morgan stuff for the first time. To quote Walk Hard, "Wrong kid died."

Edited by Grinaldi
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

Speaking of the old clips and Michael, I'm also seeing some Morgan stuff for the first time. To quote Walk Hard, "Wrong kid died."

I found BC incredibly insufferable but Morgan is the only interesting one out of Sonny and Carly’s kids. Probably because they could blame anything fun he did on being bipolar. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I just remembered we used to call her Toonces. Or maybe it was at TWoP. 

"Toonces" was my favorite of Courtney's many nicknames. "Steroid Barbie" was another memorable one at TWoP or SoapZone or both.

9 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

I've been watching old clips from around Nina's intro and her antics with Franco. This woman thinks a court would grant her access to a child? She induced Ava by force and kidnapped her baby. I know everyone's a kidnapper on this show but jeez. 

But that last line is key. It's always at the writers' discretion whether characters' past deeds (especially those under prior regimes) complicate things for them in a real-life way. Carly has made smug remarks about Nina being one bad day away from a breakdown and a straitjacket. One of her own breakdowns included firing multiple shots into an occupied house, causing a car accident that resulted in loss of life, and (for the big finish) stabbing a woman with a scythe because she hallucinated another face onto her. I can't recall that whole saga being brought up in any proceedings involving Carly in the years since.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

and (for the big finish) stabbing a woman with a scythe because she hallucinated another face onto her.

I missed this. Who did she stab with a scythe? The crimes committed by Carly wiki is real long. (Partly because it includes every time she slapped someone.)

And you're obviously right about past history. But the line has moved so drastically on this show. And what Nina did to Ava should be over it, breakdown or no. But that is obviously a slippery slope considering say the number of serial killers Ava herself has dated. (3 plus a serial killer's brother by my count)

1 minute ago, Grinaldi said:

I missed this. Who did she stab with a scythe?

Emily Quartermaine. Carly had been spiraling for a while, and Sonny was trying to manage it himself (because of course he was). The near-murder of Emily was what got him to admit it was time to bring in the professionals and send her somewhere. That's how they covered the gap between actresses when Laura Wright took over.

• Useful 2

I don't mind Brasha too much, mainly because it gives a reason for Gladys to stick around. She amuses me. Which is weird, because I really disliked her until late in the baby storyline. 

I hate to say it but I don't care who killed Luke. If he is dead. 

• Love 7

I don’t mind Sasha and Brando either, their storyline is boring but they are pretty to look at and they give us a break from being told (and not SHOWN) how amaaaaaazing Michael is 🤮 

I’m still rooting for an Alexis/Harmony pairing, yesterday’s episode made it seem like they might be heading that way...?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, tessaray said:

I hate to say it but I don't care who killed Luke. If he is dead. 

I don't care, either, especially because it will be incredibly anticlimactic no matter what the reason is. These writers can't follow through on a story to save their lives.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't care, either, especially because it will be incredibly anticlimactic no matter what the reason is. These writers can't follow through on a story to save their lives.

It already is. 

It was fun watching the vets band together to save Maxie from Peter but surely Anna and Felicia have better things to do now. At least until Victor's plans are more fleshed out.

• Love 1

Why is Michael never at work. at least Carly is shown working at her job. Michael is always taking days off, and bribing people, or going off on vacations, how the hell is he making anyone money at his cushy CEO job. (also as a Nurse in training really how Willow even capable of taking all these vacays?)

also. no apologies from them to BLQ. awesome people, Willow and Michael.

Also this throw away. "Oh, you weren't in town, but you know when my dad killed AJ?" so blaze. 

I hate these people.  so much. 
I don't care how bloated the cast is. they need to invent mystery AJ kids and have them blow Michael's ish up.(they can get rid of Joss). 

I miss Chase's gruff. but i love the brother's awesome.
(i reached my typing limit. wasted it all on Millowtonin. gr).

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(also as a Nurse in training really how Willow even capable of taking all these vacays?)

Michael is on the GH board, so he probably arranged it. Also, if he wants to fuck her the entire time they're in Paris, that's a gigantic waste of Paris. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

LOL at Elizabeth's GIGANTIC refrigerator. I'm so used to my tiny apartment fridge I forget they make them for families.

Jake has had counseling before; why are they making him such a jerk about it? I have no problem with him not wanting it, but to say that he thinks Elizabeth thinks he's psycho is so stupid.

What was sharing Moss's bowl? It looked like colored intestines.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The Jake actor looks like a young Sean Penn to me. He is really good at portraying attitude. Especially with what he has been through. Jeez. 

For once I am looking forward to Carly and Mini to seek revenge.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jake has had counseling before; why are they making him such a jerk about it? I have no problem with him not wanting it, but to say that he thinks Elizabeth thinks he's a freak is so stupid.

He's a teenager. His life is full of angst and jumping down people's throats for perceived slights. But poor Elizabeth. She has to deal with a moody teenager who is potentially gaslighting her and a son who had his sex life splashed across the internet. If anyone needs a vacation, it's her, not the nincompoops. 

Opening the episode with Michael and Willow is never a good idea. Let's keep the gagging to a minimum, please and thanks.

Apparently Michael idea of a trip to Paris is to have sex in another country, not to visit it and learn about a side of the culture that has nothing to do with the inside of a hotel room and the croissants you can order from room service.

It wasn't a bad episode. I thought Michael and Willow were supposed to apologize to BLQ and Willow to Chase for being total turds about Bailey and Chase being her father. 

Honestly, I'm just waiting for Harmony to come out with with her secret and blow up Michael and Willow's world to smithereens. I will be sitting on my couch, cheering gleefully.

Still not feeling Joss actress acting.

Esme is so incredibly fake with everyone. But I'm fine with her taking Joss down several pegs. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9

Maybe it makes me an awful person but I really want Willow to fail her nursing exams. She and Michael needs to be knocked down  a notch, or twenty.

How do you define spoiled? Someone who takes a private jet to Pars for the weekend to just stay n bed and have sex.

Why all the drama by Brook Lynn over Chase? Just ask him to hang out non-romantically until you figure it out. Go to a movie. Throw an axe or two.

Why aren't Liz and Finn at least having lunch together n the hospital? Her kids won't know.

Cameron is handling this much healthier than Joss.

Carly got a few points for talking with Joss. But if she's going to team up with Joss to beat up Esme, I can freely hate her again.

31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why is Michael never at work. at least Carly is shown working at her job. Michael is always taking days off, and bribing people, or going off on vacations, how the hell is he making anyone money at his cushy CEO job.

I look on it as verification that Michael really doesn't do anything at work anyway.

• Love 8

I think Jake is just a moody teen. As a child, he was fine going to counseling, but now's he 14/15, and he is moody and disagreeable. Now that Liz is focused on him though, I'm thinking he isn't the one. LOL! I keep changing my mind but Jake would be a good candidate. 

I thought both moms (Carly and Liz) did a good job w/their kids. I'm also glad they pointed out the double standard b/c that is true to life. I am also looking forward (for once) to Carly's scenes w/Esme next week. 

So, Esme's goal is to break up Nava, right? I don't think Spencer is right path to achieve that goal but I don't quite understand Esme or what Ryan expects her to do.  I also finally saw the Esme/Ryan scenes and agree w/y'all about the creepy factor to them. I thought Ryan was her dad but after those scenes, I don't think she is. She just said he liked when she called him "Daddy," right? Ugh . . . it was weird! Whatever they are planning, I hope it fails! I love Nava and want them together! 

JS is so attractive! That was a nice-looking montage that highlighted how attractive he is no matter if he has a beard or is clean-shaven! Anyway, I might be okay with Chalynn. Admittedly, I wasn't paying too much attn to them these past few months so the FB/montage was helpful. LOL!

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe it makes me an awful person but I really want Willow to fail her nursing exams. She and Michael needs to be knocked down  a notch, or twenty.

If this makes you awful, then I'll join you at your table of awfulness. We can make Michael and Willow voodoo dolls together and toast to our awfulness.

Michael and Willow really need to be taken down. They are so utterly unlikable. But I think the word I'm really looking for is hateful.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I thought both moms (Carly and Liz) did a good job w/their kids. I'm also glad they pointed out the double standard b/c that is true to life.

Same. I also liked that neither of them got hysterical about the kids having sex.

15 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I am also looking forward (for once) to Carly's scenes w/Esme next week. 

Esmé deserves whatever she gets, but an adult going after a teenager is pretty gross, though typical Carly. Here's hoping Joss actually does fight her own battle here.

Nik should not be as gullible around Esmé as he seems to be, even if she's talking about Spencer.

So Elizabeth and Finn aren't going to even talk to each other? Good grief.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

If this makes you awful, then I'll join you at your table of awfulness. We can make Michael and Willow voodoo dolls together and toast to our awfulness.

Michael and Willow really need to be taken down. They are so utterly unlikable. But I think the word I'm really looking for is hateful.

i'll bring cookies. 
or some strawberry rhubarb pie

Michael - is Carrie Bradshaw for me. he's the "star" everyone "loves him." everyone needs to be "around him." but he is so judgemental, and arrogant. and hypocritical it's not even funny.  even today he's all like "if i play my cards right, chase and I will be friends again."  are you jumping in your TARDIS and not sleeping with his wife?

like even the whole "imma gonna have sexytimes" didn't come off as romantic because it's so obvious Willow is ecstatic about just GOING TO PARIS. why even bring up sleeping in for sexytimes. at least say "i can't wait to show you the entire city and then at night....sexytimes." I'd still gag myself with a ski pole, but you are putting willow first. 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How do you define spoiled? Someone who takes a private jet to Pars for the weekend to just stay n bed and have sex.

Why all the drama by Brook Lynn over Chase? Just ask him to hang out non-romantically until you figure it out. Go to a movie. Throw an axe or two.

Why aren't Liz and Finn at least having lunch together n the hospital? Her kids won't know.

Cameron is handling this much healthier than Joss.

Carly got a few points for talking with Joss. But if she's going to team up with Joss to beat up Esme, I can freely hate her again.

I look on it as verification that Michael really doesn't do anything at work anyway.

Let me say about BLQ...i think she definitely has a lot of insecurities about herself and hasnt really thought that Chase could like her, like that. She thought he was just helping her with Bailey.

I will say, I did love Funn's utter sarcasn towards Chase, especially after hearing what Chase texted to BLQ..very much Big brother vibes.

I understand Joss's emotions after the reveal. It is double standards..Cam gets seen as this badass dude, while Joss gets looked at like shes a whore, or shes the one that gets blamed for this happening. Leading to me actually really enjoying Carly for once today and the only time, I want her to go full Snarly.

Onto Brooklyn99 (BLQ/Chase), at the beginning, I wanted them to stay friends, but the Bailey storyline and Josh/Amanda chemistry really sold me on a pairing. And for once, GH is actually building a slow burn couple that could end up being a mainstay for them. Guess it helps that TPTB said some time ago, that Chase/BLQ was always the story, even with Willow around...if they arenr even building up Valentin/Anna anymore (though Robert/Anna are still adorable), then full speed ahead with BLQ/Chase.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, lala2 said:

So, Esme's goal is to break up Nava, right? I don't think Spencer is right path to achieve that goal but I don't quite understand Esme or what Ryan expects her to do.  I also finally saw the Esme/Ryan scenes and agree w/y'all about the creepy factor to them. I thought Ryan was her dad but after those scenes, I don't think she is. She just said he liked when she called him "Daddy," right? Ugh . . . it was weird! Whatever they are planning, I hope it fails! I love Nava and want them together! 

If Nik lets Esme break them up, then he doesn't deserve Ava.

If Ava falls for Esme's manipulation, that she's not the smart Ava they've been writing her.

I think that Ryan doesn't have a big plan, he just wants to break up Nik and Ava so he can get Ava back.  He thinks that Esme can seduce Nik, she's young and attractive, and tbh, with many men it would work. We'll see about Nik.

I'm still waiting to find out Esme's motivations for helping Ryan. Her motivations for posting the video, I can guess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Previews...Esme could earn some big points with me if she slits Carly's throat where she stands.

Also, hey, Brad's aunt is FINALLY back so that story can get moving again.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, hey, Brad's aunt is FINALLY back so that story can get moving again.

Ok! So much she could do - first: get rid of Sonny so Ms. Wu's family becomes the new PC "mob" family; second: bump Brad up in status so Michael has to come down to earth in terms of what his "influence" is; third: take on Victor (although you never know - they might be sympatico in terms of their criminality).

• Love 5

After all the absurdly advanced computer crap Spinelli has done over the years, he can't determine that the video was uploaded from a burner phone from inside the university?! 

Did not mind seeing the retrospective of hot Chase looks, but do Brooklyn and Chase really warrant a 90 minute montage at this point? What's next, Austin and Maxie?! 

I enjoy Nik and Ava, so if Esme is gonna fuck that up, then I will have to be Team Carly. ...but only this once. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I am actually fine with whatever Carly does to Esme up to including some light physical violence. Esme is an adult and revenge porn is a massive violation of Joss and Cam. No Joss fan here but the anger is righteous this time.

• Love 9