Type keyword(s) to search

Rock The Block - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, justdoit10 said:

Why would a bowling alley help?  Surely I can think of a hundred things I want before a bowling alley.  It doesn't seem like the type of thing most people would be yearning for in their basement.  BTW I would have chose B&M  bathroom also.  I like white walls.  That ombre just doesn't give off the same clean look.

I guess you are right, you do have a good point

• Love 1

N&J: total cop-out with the color. For such lauded designers, they should have been able to come up with something, even drapery tassles or a throw pillow, that had the red in it.  I actually liked the checkerboard in the bathroom more than the conservatory with Professor Plum... their closet looked super cheap.

D&T: The wall paper worked better than I thought it would but I didn't love it, the closet size was laughable, the sitting room did not make up for the reduced closet, the bathroom was fine, but I don't know how i feel about the toilet being in the one room and then the sink in the other...even though I have a bathroom in my house with a similar layout. The banana was...a talking point at least.

B&M: Much better closet than the others but they need to get the little white peg fillers to hide the holes for the adjustable shelves if they really want a high end look. The door to the laundry room was genius but what are you going to put in all that cabinetry? Best use of the color. Really weird to only have rain heads and no wall spigots.

A&M: It was fine, the two closets were smart, and they were the best looking inserts. I did like the ombre tile but I wish it hadn't been black and white and been blue and white instead (the black kinda looked like fire damage...). Should have been DQ-ed along with N&J for the color challenge fail. Frankly, I've already forgotten what the rest of it looked like.

My mom and I decided that Ty looks rough after a night of drinking or like a hobo, not sure which.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DVDFreaker said:

I like Egypt but she choose the wrong winner,  Mika and Brian got screwed, Mika and Brian deserved to win, I do not blame Mika for being pissed but I do think Mika and Brian will win next week since they are going to add a bowling alley in the basement 

M&B need to do some actual design work. But if they were going to win one of the room competitions I did think it would be this one. Which once again begs the question: what kind of blackmail dirt does Allison have on the producers?

15 minutes ago, MaKaM said:

B&M: Best use of the color. Really weird to only have rain heads and no wall spigots.

I had forgotten that! I think it was fantastic but nearly the only colour in their entire house! They definitely messed up with the shower though.

• Love 7

If the color challenge was “must use your color in a meaningful way,” it seems like there should be some kind of penalty for not complying. It’s ridiculous that nothing was said about N&J and M&A not incorporating theirs. 

I kept thinking the ombre shower wall looked like dirt/mud sliding down the wall. Obviously not my style! 

Yes, B&M should have included more in the shower than just the rainfall heads, but they still should have won. They were robbed!!

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

M&B need to do some actual design work. But if they were going to win one of the room competitions I did think it would be this one. Which once again begs the question: what kind of blackmail dirt does Allison have on the producers?

I had forgotten that! I think it was fantastic but nearly the only colour in their entire house! They definitely messed up with the shower though.

I will believe that Allison does blackmail if she wins the whole thing 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, jaimesommers said:

If the color challenge was “must use your color in a meaningful way,” it seems like there should be some kind of penalty for not complying. It’s ridiculous that nothing was said about N&J and M&A not incorporating theirs. 

I kept thinking the ombre shower wall looked like dirt/mud sliding down the wall. Obviously not my style! 

Yes, B&M should have included more in the shower than just the rainfall heads, but they still should have won. They were robbed!!

I am with you on the ombre.  It looked tacky and gaudy to me.    And after Alison raved about getting that color, she drew stick figures of herself and Mike.  How did that go unspoken?

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 14

I will believe that Allison does blackmail if she wins the whole thing 

It looks like they’re justifying keeping her around after the clusterf*ck of WCR. No sale. 

I missed why Mika and Brian decided two rain shower heads were enough for the worlds biggest shower? But how does a full laundry room not add the most value here?

• Love 12
8 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Did anyone else notice the light N&J used above their bed?  It looked like a molar tooth  to me. 

Same thought! And did any light actually come out of it downward or was it all directed upward?

• Love 4

Why bother having the color challenge when it doesn’t really matter if it’s used? I liked the laundry room next to the bedroom but I also wondered what you would put in a million cabinets! I like Nate and Jeremiah in general but they are being snobs at refusing to use color and the insistence on antiques.

I thought the ombré wall was kind of cool but too dark for a bathroom, I would get sick of it fast. My favorite was Brian and Mika’s but I also liked David and Tiffany’s room.

I also think many of these closets are over designed. I need a decent amount of hanging space but I don’t want to display fancy heels or purses. Most of these closets have small ‘display’ slots which would be a waste for me.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 10

I am very angry that Allison won again!!  I really do not like her.  She's my least favorite HG star.  That said I did like the ombre bathroom.  I guess I'm the only one who did.  The rest of the space was meh to me.  I'm not a fan of the wood wall.  I'd rather have the laundry room than the other closet.

I think Brian and Mika had every right to be angry.  I thought for sure they had it when they were the only ones to do the laundry room..somewhat like Tiffany and David did with the living room/mud room.  I don't think adding spigots in the shower should have had them lose.  She really was a bad sport at judging though.

I love Nate and Jeremiah but ugh... I didn't like their beige nor the curtain behind the TV.  I did like their bathroom but they need to shop using antiques.  I LOVED the French doors.

Tiffany (I cannot stand her OTT behavior.  She gives me a headache with all of her peppiness). and David.  Actually their wallpaper wasn't bad.  I loved the black tile in the bathroom.   They should have used that extra space to make a larger closet.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 9

I disliked that ombre tile. It reminded me of what the walls looked like in our neighbor's house after a fire in their attic. Soot dripping down from the ceiling... just no! As a rule, I like Mike Holmes, but it really disgusts me that HGTV is pushing Allison down our throats. Can't stand her. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, CruiseDiva said:

I disliked that ombre tile. It reminded me of what the walls looked like in our neighbor's house after a fire in their attic. Soot dripping down from the ceiling... just no! As a rule, I like Mike Holmes, but it really disgusts me that HGTV is pushing Allison down our throats. Can't stand her. 

I disliked it also.  It looks dirty to me and I want a clean looking bathroom.  I haven't liked Alison since I first saw her on her debunked Chicago show.  And it is not just because she is abrasive, I don't like her gaudy style.  It is Liberace lite.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think that Brian and Mika are designing a house that will appeal to more buyers than any of the other teams.  The other designs are just too specific and will probably turn a lot of people off. 

I don't know what the water quality is like in Atlanta, but living in an area with extremely hard water I would never consider black tile.  

I really can't stand Alison, her personality or her style.  And why does everything have to have corbels?

• Love 10

That ombré tile in the bathroom looked like mold. 😬 Alison’s “artwork” with the puke green paint was absolutely pathetic. I can’t believe they won.

When Jeremiah said to cover the wall with draperies, I was like “oh, hell, no!” Why? And why paint a patch of wall behind the draperies for artwork. I love red.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

I am with you on the ombre.  It looked tacky and gaudy to me.    And after Alison raved about getting that color, she drew stick figures of herself and Mike.  How did that go unspoken?

She was bald-faced lying about loving that avocado puke 🤢 color.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Which once again begs the question: what kind of blackmail dirt does Allison have on the producers?

I think that her salary and any  potential winnings go directly to HGTV legal fund for the Windy City Rehab lawsuits.  Win-win for the network. 🤣

I agreed with the judges that B&M played it safe with the color/design but I loved their layout and bathroom.  I hate to say it but I also loved Alison’s closet.  I didn’t like their ombré tile because I immediately thought of grout uptake over the years.  Would you be able to clean it the same? I’m old. This is where my mind goes.  And on that topic of me being old, N&J marble floors make me afraid of breaking a hip by slipping.  Even if I was 6 instead of 43.

• Love 10

I didn't care for the color challenge especially since everyone had already purchased tiles and wallpaper, etc. I'm glad no one took it seriously.

D & T - I liked the beams but that busy, ugly wallpaper definitely distracted from them. I liked the idea of a sitting area, but it looked like wasted space with a lot of stuff crammed in it. Their closet was a huge disappointment! I liked the black subway tile, but they should have used it on all the walls.  They could have totally added a makeup vanity or a linen cabinet in that nook next to the shower instead of filling it with that huge plant.

N & J - I didn't care for the black and white flooring in the bathroom that was also used downstairs in their sitting room.  Their closet reminded me of the storage shelves I have out in my garage.  I didn't like the wall drapes, but I liked that they hid the red color behind them! The bedroom was meh, but the bathroom did look like it belonged in a magazine.  I loved their work on their own show  (By Design) so I've been disappointed in their rooms thus far. 

M & A - It drives me crazy that Allison constantly says "I" and "me" when talking about THEIR house!  I think the reclaimed wood would have looked better if it was just on the wall OR just on the ceiling, but it was too much on both.  I did love the bathroom tile! The rest of the bathroom was typical Allison. I liked the closet and the "his" closet but not so much for them to win.  They didn't deserve to win at all especially when Egypt said it was only because of the two closets.  I wish they would have shown how small the laundry room is now.   

B & M - Their bedroom looked like a luxury hotel room.  Their closet was awesome and I loved that they connected it to the laundry room. I loved their bathroom, but I wish they would have left the window in the shower and added additional showerheads to the wall.  They had every right to be pissed!  They were definitely robbed!! However, I think they will win it all in the end and they deserve to.  IMO, their designs have added more value so far and they cater to way more buyers.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, juliet73 said:

I didn't care for the color challenge especially since everyone had already purchased tiles and wallpaper, etc. I'm glad no one took it seriously.

D & T - I liked the beams but that busy, ugly wallpaper definitely distracted from them. I liked the idea of a sitting area, but it looked like wasted space with a lot of stuff crammed in it. Their closet was a huge disappointment! I liked the black subway tile, but they should have used it on all the walls.  They could have totally added a makeup vanity or a linen cabinet in that nook next to the shower instead of filling it with that huge plant.

N & J - I didn't care for the black and white flooring in the bathroom that was also used downstairs in their sitting room.  Their closet reminded me of the storage shelves I have out in my garage.  I didn't like the wall drapes, but I liked that they hid the red color behind them! The bedroom was meh, but the bathroom did look like it belonged in a magazine.  I loved their work on their own show  (By Design) so I've been disappointed in their rooms thus far. 

M & A - It drives me crazy that Allison constantly says "I" and "me" when talking about THEIR house!  I think the reclaimed wood would have looked better if it was just on the wall OR just on the ceiling, but it was too much on both.  I did love the bathroom tile! The rest of the bathroom was typical Allison. I liked the closet and the "his" closet but not so much for them to win.  They didn't deserve to win at all especially when Egypt said it was only because of the two closets.  I wish they would have shown how small the laundry room is now.   

B & M - Their bedroom looked like a luxury hotel room.  Their closet was awesome and I loved that they connected it to the laundry room. I loved their bathroom, but I wish they would have left the window in the shower and added additional showerheads to the wall.  They had every right to be pissed!  They were definitely robbed!! However, I think they will win it all in the end and they deserve to.  IMO, their designs have added more value so far and they cater to way more buyers.

I really hope Mika and Brian will win it all and if they do, I will be very happy for them and they deserve it

• Love 9

I really dislike Allison and I'm not totally sure why. I've only seen her on Rock the Block and maybe 2 or 3 of her Chicago show episodes. I did like the ombre tile in the bathroom. I didn't mind that the bathroom was smaller. Who wants to clean those huge bathrooms some of these houses have? I'd much rather have the closet space.

M&B. The overhead rain showers would have been a deal breaker for me. I loved what they did with the closet and laundry room. 

Despite my dislike of Allison, I grudgingly rated Mike and her design the highest.

D& T: When they were talking about the plan for the sitting area, I told my husband I'd rather have that space as another closet. The wallpaper was OK, but they might to get dinged for that in the appraisal.

N&J: OK. I didn't get the love for the antique door to the bathroom. I didn't like the draperies behind the bed. They could have come up something to bring in red. Maybe in the bathroom. With that b&w floor, they could have had a basket of red soaps by the tub or something. Or a black, white and red abstract painting.

The whole color challenge was stupid anyway if all they have to do is make some art with that color. M&B's hangar art for the laundry room was best.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Tiffany (I cannot stand her OTT behavior.  She gives me a headache with all of her peppiness).

Totally agree. Her peppiness and LOUDness reminds me of Sherry Sheppard.

• Love 2

I would really value separate closets, and think that D & T's separate area would have been a great closet.    

Peppiness, and almost yelling seems to be very popular lately on HGTV.   M & B yell a lot, Tiffany is very enthusiastic about everything, and a lot of the other hosts do the same thing.     

I didn't like N & J's floor at all.   They design for very high end, formal clients.     I don't think they can do a design that will appeal to a lot of people.    Also, I'm guessing the homes are probably intended as family homes, and the black-white checkerboard, and formal design won't appeal to a lot of buyers.     

I think the real use for all of the cabinets in M & B's laundry was so the buyers would have somewhere to store spare items the family will use, and probably for a linen closet too.     

I thought that M & B's bathroom and laundry would have won, if they had side shower heads, instead of just the rainheads in the shower.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Kip1 said:

I didn't mind that the bathroom was smaller. Who wants to clean those huge bathrooms some of these houses have? I'd much rather have the closet space.

This. Who wants a bathroom you could use as a ballroom.

Oh, and I definitely do not want only rainheads only. They're horrible for rinsing shampoo out of longer hair. It must be why men love them, and women are more iffy.

Edited by carrps
Added comment
  • Love 12

I was truly not overwhelmed by any team's overall design for the bedrooms/bathrooms this week. Again. This seems to be my refrain every week this season. That said...

T&D's, I liked the sitting area in the bedroom, but it was sadly a real waste of space when they had such a pitiful excuse of a closet to offer up. Give me a choice of a sitting area, a big bathroom, a big laundry room, or a big closet, if I can only have one, I'll pick the big closet every time.

N&J's, meh. I've never seen them on anything else, but, based on this show, I'd say they design with one customer in mind: Themselves. And they're design snobs. They don't like red, so they can't be troubled to use it in their design, even if it's part of their challenge, or come up with a creative way to do so that they like or can just tolerate? That just shows their limitations as designers. What they did with it was ugly and a space waster (And I wouldn't want to be the one to have to keep that drape clean.), and a total cop-out. I think Ty should've taken some of their money for next week away from them for disregarding the challenge. Oh! And that closet was ridiculously under-designed and the least functional of all the teams'.

A&M's was the rightful winner, in my eyes. I wasn't wowed by the design, but I liked it best. Except for the ombre tile in the bathroom. Looked like a wall splattered with old blood in a charnel house from all the slasher movies I watch. I did like the wood, but, it was the closet space for me that earned the win. Beautiful, spacious, and eminently functional.

B&M's... Yeesh. The bedroom was meh, the closet space was too small, the bathroom was good except for the showerheads, and the laundry room... Total waste of space for me. Lots of storage, yes, but the wrong kind of storage. I don't need a big laundry room with lots of storage. I need a big bedroom closet. And the outburst at judging? That rocketed them to the top of the list of who I don't want to win. So you think you should win, in spite of not seeing any of the other designs, because you put your blood, sweat and tears into it and were confident in the end results? Guess what? All the other teams could say the same. But they didn't.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, carrps said:

Hey, Fellaway, I wanna give you two hearts.

Aw, shucks. ❤️

8 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Alison should have had money taken away for that bullshit stick figure painting. 

That was pretty lame, especially after she said she'd do something "special," but at least it was visible.

• Love 1

I also thought that the lamp in N&Js house looked like a tooth. 🦷 

I seriously thought that Allison was joking about her art and had something else in the works. I couldn’t believe that was how she used her color. Good grief.

As someone who turned the entire second bedroom in my house into my closet, D&Ts closet made me laugh out loud. That was horrible. 

I’ve been rooting for B&M but her outburst at judging was a bit much and not a good look for her. 

I didn’t watch the first season of this show but I wish I had because I just adore Jasmine Roth. I thought she was involved in this season for some reason but maybe she’ll show up as a judge? 🤞🏻

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Fellaway said:

N&J's, meh. I've never seen them on anything else, but, based on this show, I'd say they design with one customer in mind: Themselves. And they're design snobs.

THIS. I’ve seen them on other shows, and they seem like nice people, but their designs are very one-note and all about what THEY like. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, jaimesommers said:

THIS. I’ve seen them on other shows, and they seem like nice people, but their designs are very one-note and all about what THEY like. 

I think the difference is that they are interior designers, and not flippers.  You don't hire them if you don't like their signature style.  I like it in other people's houses, but if I had all the money in the world (and a great big expensive house, haha), I'd hire Martyn Lawrence Bullard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MartyQui said:

I like it in other people's houses, but if I had all the money in the world (and a great big expensive house, haha), I'd hire Martyn Lawrence Bullard.

Ya, me, too. I'm a die hard maximalist.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2021 at 9:17 PM, srpturtle80 said:

I also thought that the lamp in N&Js house looked like a tooth. 🦷 

I seriously thought that Allison was joking about her art and had something else in the works. I couldn’t believe that was how she used her color. Good grief.

As someone who turned the entire second bedroom in my house into my closet, D&Ts closet made me laugh out loud. That was horrible. 

I’ve been rooting for B&M but her outburst at judging was a bit much and not a good look for her. 

I didn’t watch the first season of this show but I wish I had because I just adore Jasmine Roth. I thought she was involved in this season for some reason but maybe she’ll show up as a judge? 🤞🏻

I like Jasmine alot too.  She is just a contagious personality.   She has been doing interviews with the contestants.  I do think she is involved in the judging at the end.

• Love 2

Alison claims her basement bedroom adds more value than a first floor bedroom. Because anyone’s parent craves dealing with a flight of stairs when staying with their children. Asshat. Same way she claimed that this show was real real! If she says so, then I don’t believe it for a minute. Pairing her with Mike, whose main deal is fixing crap like the pulled on WCR is like they’re rehabbing her reputation. Nun-uh.

Does no one love Ty enough to tell him what that mustache makes him look like?

WTF? Tamara dinged N&J’s gas stove because children could be playing nearby?!! No more lethal gas stoves for families with kids! 🤣Don’t read a script that makes you sound like an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Thank God Alison and Mike didn’t win again.  I felt for Brian and Mika but I think they have the edge for the whole house.  The bowling alley was fun but I do think the rental suite added more value.

I’m kind of getting a flirty couple vibe from Alison and Mike.  I hope I am wrong.  I am pretty sure he is single but I don’t know about her. I could see a fling, but nothing long term.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Thank God Alison and Mike didn’t win again.  I felt for Brian and Mika but I think they have the edge for the whole house.  The bowling alley was fun but I do think the rental suite added more value.

I’m kind of getting a flirty couple vibe from Alison and Mike.  I hope I am wrong.  I am pretty sure he is single but I don’t know about her. I could see a fling, but nothing long term.

Good God I hope he doesn't get caught in her web, and get caught up trying to help her with that  cluster in Chicago.  

• Love 6

The gas stove statement was bizarre.   Though I fail to understand why the knockoffs of the professional stoves have knobs on the front where kids, and even some pets can turn the stove on.     I grew up with a gas stove, and we never burned the house down, and so many people won't buy a house without gas stoves.    Just get a cooktop model, or one with the knobs where little ones can't reach.    

I love Mike's lamp.      However, N & J's downstairs suite added two bedrooms, for guests or a rental?   Not in that neighborhood, and how is the tenant family supposed to access the suite?   Walk all of the way around the house?  Or through the main house?     M & B's bowling alley is fun, but it's not something people will use everyday, and is going to need maintenance. 

• Love 5

The judge couldn’t think of any negatives for N&J’s basement so she mentioned the stove. It probably isn’t safe to let small children play alone down there because of the stove but I also wouldn’t want small kids throwing bowling balls around or getting fingers stuck in the pin setter. I think having a basement suite would be perfect for parents with college age or adult kids living at home or just for guests.

Those basements were all huge. I don’t really get why they are having the challenge part when the designers ignore it. I expected the metal pieces to be used in a significant way and none of them were. 

• Love 3

No, Jeremiah, no. Comparing it to the Spanish Inquisition is not a beautiful way to describe your design aesthetic. Do you even know what the Spanish Inquisition was? Yeesh.

Alison and Mike kind of coasted this week. Their basement was lovely, but expected, though the walk-in closet for a basement bedroom was a nice touch. And Mike gets top honors, for all of the extras challenges so far, for his man lamp. That was really creative and pretty adorable.

Tiffany and David's, ouch. And I mean that ouch literally. That was hideous. Those colors, with no relief from them in sight... Ouch. Really, really hated their colors this week. They even painted the dang ping-pong table pink and gold! The backsplash was ugly, there was no transformation of the space, and... I have nothing positive to say about their space at all this week. We get it! You guys like color! Learn to use it better!

Brian and Mika put all their eggs in one basket, that bowling alley, because there was nothing out of the ordinary about the rest of the space. It looked kind of chintzy, actually. They must've put all their money in that bowling alley, which... Yeah, some buyers are gonna go "Cool! A bowling alley!" But I think they'd be in the minority, and even some of them would probably realize after awhile that it's a waste of space that could be better used for other things.

Nate and Jeremiah were the obvious winners. What's gonna add more value from your basement than transforming it into a fully functional, separate living space that could be rented out? And it was beautiful. I think it was smart to stage the second bedroom as an office space. It showed the homeowners will have options if they choose not to use it as a rental space. I think the criticism about a gas stove when there might be kids playing down there was just because the judge has to throw up at least one Con so it won't look like a runaway. But it was again this week. The winner was obvious from the first minutes of the episode. Now I get why Alison's gut tells her this team might be a dark horse in the race.

• Love 12

Mike's lamp was great! I like him, I just can't stand Alison. 

I am baffled by the stove remark too.  All I can think of is Tamara was envisioning kids playing downstairs unsupervised and messing with the stove?  I have seen her put gas stoves in kitchens on her show.  Downstairs kitchens were/are a thing for Italian-Canadian families in Montreal and Toronto.  The upstairs "fancy" kitchen was for show, and the downstairs kitchen was for serious cooking. My mother-in-law had a second stove and a fridge in her basement, and her siblings had full second kitchens.

If the owners of the house did not want to have tenants the basement could be used for a multi-generational family.  They are building homes with what they call "next gen" suites for elderly parents or adult children in my area.  It seems to be a popular feature.  The only thing it was missing was a stackable laundry unit.

• Love 12

N & J: Ideal for multi-generational living, like aging parents or young adult children, just needs laundry. Not ideal for unrelated renters without a better private entry. Also that area may have zoning restrictions that do not allow unrelated tenants.

A & M: Fine, basic, won't take away value

M & B: General rec room/game room would be better. My main objection is the seeming lack of a kitchenette with fridge and sink and microwave.

D & T: God-awful. A major repainting and new backsplash will help. At least that may not be an expensive re-do.

I see how 5 bedrooms adds value, but do most families really need 6 bedrooms? I guess it is good to have options and spare bedrooms can certainly be used as offices.

Edited by RowdyCam
  • Love 3

Honestly, even though nobody likes Alison, she and Mike should have won by default as they have no glaring negatives (to me at least):

T&D: Way too gaudy and pink. That gold backsplash was terrible. And, did she say they painted the projector screen?  It's not even a screen?  It's the wall?

B&M: A bowling alley? People will get bored with that very quickly and then it will just sit unused. And, I know they're from Florida where there are no basements but thinking they were just going to be able to take out every single wall in the basement?

N&J: Honestly, with that size house and in that area, how much value does a rental really add? Unless you're specifically looking for a house with a rental unit, I think that would just turn off a lot of buyers who have no need for a second full kitchen. Also, what's one of the best ways to make your neighbors hate you? Rent your house (or part of it). And, where exactly is the fridge / freezer?  There doesn't seem to be room for one.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Love 1

I am legit shocked that not one single team set up a gym space with all of that room in the basement. I think most people would get more use out of a gym than a game room, home theater, bowling alley, etc. I'm in my home gym every single day and most of my friends are the same, especially now when it's no longer safe to go to health clubs/public gyms. I would love a huge, tricked out home gym with a big TV, great sound system, mirrored wall, and all the equipment. Missed opportunity IMO as that basement could have had the gym and still had plenty of room for the extra bedrooms/bathrooms.

Very happy to see N&J finally get a win. As everyone else has already said, they were the obvious choice and I thought their design in the basement was a lot more restrained and appealing than what they did in the other areas of their house.

I totally support David and Tiffani's love of color as I'm a big fan myself, but lord have mercy, that was a serious pink explosion in their basement. I'm the girliest girl on the planet and I love blush, but that was just way too much. They should have just stuck with making one element blush and then provided contrast with white and black elsewhere.

I also feel like Alison and Mike didn't do much this week. They were resting on their laurels for sure. Kudos to Mike for that pipe lamp though. He's very clever.

I'm glad Mika had her sense of humor back this week and didn't take the loss too hard. Her outburst when they lost the Master Bedroom/Bathroom challenge was SO cringe-inducing.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The gas stove statement was bizarre.   Though I fail to understand why the knockoffs of the professional stoves have knobs on the front where kids, and even some pets can turn the stove on.     I grew up with a gas stove, and we never burned the house down, and so many people won't buy a house without gas stoves.    Just get a cooktop model, or one with the knobs where little ones can't reach.    

I love Mike's lamp.      However, N & J's downstairs suite added two bedrooms, for guests or a rental?   Not in that neighborhood, and how is the tenant family supposed to access the suite?   Walk all of the way around the house?  Or through the main house?     M & B's bowling alley is fun, but it's not something people will use everyday, and is going to need maintenance. 

The murphy bed room had a door that accessed the outdoors, s=so they would have their own entrance.

• Love 4