Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I swear could an author write this good of a book?

These fundies must know something the rest of us don’t know!

Working and insurance and retirement plans seem to never enter their ‘God will provide’ minds!

Where oh where do they get the $$$ to do everything they do?

I have to wonder if there are many bankruptcy’s in this grouping of non workers?

I think you can only file bankruptcy every so many years but that would be a new start and explain the free living!

There are means tests and requirements for bankruptcies. If Dumb and Dumber filed chapter 13, they'd be making regular payments for years and living on a strict budget. If they filed chapter 7, they'd most likely lose their house and whatever assets they have, including the boutique (laws on houses vary by state). Either way, there would be no "free living." 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I don’t know why we keep speculating about insurance and COBRA. I thought we established that most fundies use the Good Samaritan co-op for medical expenses. Also, in my opinion BSB is making bank, as is Josie’s business. I don’t care how many Starbucks they drink. Nobody is hurting for money except maybe the Paines. 

Not to mention that they believe in the state taking care of the medical bills.  That is why they go to the emergency room and not to a family doctor.  Gil bragged about the state footing their medical bills.  She learned from her parents and he is just too damn lazy to work.  Carlin must have forgotten what it was like in the earlier days before tv came along.

• Sad 2
16 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I watched the excerpt on Instagram and I’ve seen at least 2 other episodes they’ve posted.  In all cases, I must say Carlin has the cleanest,  neatest, ‘prettiest’ seizures I’ve ever seen.  Part of the reason I don’t think they’re typical and may not be seizures at all.

First, she seems to be having a generalized tonic-clonic episode, what we used to call grand mal seizures. She is seemingly unresponsive/unaware of her surroundings. She is having generalized flexion/extension movements.  Yet, she never seems to hit anything, never ends up bruised and battered.  People having tonic/clinic seizures on asphalt usually end up with scrapes and bruises on their arms and legs, on their face or head. Carlin never does, other than her reported concussion.  The first thing any bystander witnessing a seizure should do is move obstacles out of the patient’s way and pad any hard surfaces to protect them from injury.  Other than someone putting something under her head at one point, no one seem to do that for Carlin, yet she never injured herself.   Surely if she had scrapes and bruises, we’d have seen them.

The seizures themselves seem to be less violent than what I’ve seen. Carlin lies on the ground shaking for up to 20 minutes, yet her hair never gets in her face, never gets tangled. In the last video, she is shown with her hands/arms over her lower abdomen jerking repeatedly, yet her clothes are never mussed, her hands never touch her shirt let alone pull it up. Most people having tonic clinic seizures are a disheveled mess by the end, their hair in knots, their clothing askew, often torn and dirty. Not Carlin.

Finally, part of the tonic clonic seizure involves the jaw/mouth And the person clenches/unclenches their mouth repeatedly. They will often bite their tongue, cheek or lip and draw blood. They also tend to not swallow, so saliva builds up and dribbles out their mouth- ‘frothing’ at the mouth so to speak.  No bloody saliva from Carlin though.  Also, the repeated seizures tend to disrupt normal breathing patterns and the patient will turn a dusky color, lips blue, especially if the event lasts as long as Carlin’s do.

I’m not an expert, but Carlin’s seizures are much less ‘aggressive’ than the usual’ IMO.

BBM

Coming up in our next video “OMG!!! Carlin bruised and bloodied!!!”

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 12
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

BBM

Coming up in our next video “OMG!!! Carlin bruised and bloodied!!!”

Yep! Or some reference to how her torso and thighs got injured, two areas which would conveniently be covered with clothing so there's no way to prove or disprove. They absolutely read here and on other forums. Perfect example is Josie dispelling the rumor she got lip filler literally one day after the subReddit was speculating on it. 

Alternative clickbait: "The Seizures Are Getting Worse!!!" with sad-face Evan in the thumbnail and a detailed description of everything Notabug just talked about in her post.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

I watched the excerpt on Instagram and I’ve seen at least 2 other episodes they’ve posted.  In all cases, I must say Carlin has the cleanest,  neatest, ‘prettiest’ seizures I’ve ever seen.  Part of the reason I don’t think they’re typical and may not be seizures at all.

First, she seems to be having a generalized tonic-clonic episode, what we used to call grand mal seizures. She is seemingly unresponsive/unaware of her surroundings. She is having generalized flexion/extension movements.  Yet, she never seems to hit anything, never ends up bruised and battered.  People having tonic/clinic seizures on asphalt usually end up with scrapes and bruises on their arms and legs, on their face or head. Carlin never does, other than her reported concussion.  The first thing any bystander witnessing a seizure should do is move obstacles out of the patient’s way and pad any hard surfaces to protect them from injury.  Other than someone putting something under her head at one point, no one seem to do that for Carlin, yet she never injured herself.   Surely if she had scrapes and bruises, we’d have seen them.

The seizures themselves seem to be less violent than what I’ve seen. Carlin lies on the ground shaking for up to 20 minutes, yet her hair never gets in her face, never gets tangled. In the last video, she is shown with her hands/arms over her lower abdomen jerking repeatedly, yet her clothes are never mussed, her hands never touch her shirt let alone pull it up. Most people having tonic clinic seizures are a disheveled mess by the end, their hair in knots, their clothing askew, often torn and dirty. Not Carlin.

Finally, part of the tonic clonic seizure involves the jaw/mouth And the person clenches/unclenches their jaw repeatedly. They will often bite their tongue, cheek or lip and draw blood. They also tend to not swallow, so saliva builds up and dribbles out their mouth- ‘frothing’ at the mouth so to speak.  No bloody saliva from Carlin though.  Also, the repeated seizures tend to disrupt normal breathing patterns and the patient will turn a dusky color, lips blue, especially if the event lasts as long as Carlin’s do.

I’m not an expert, but Carlin’s seizures are much less ‘aggressive’ than the usual’ IMO.

All this. And when compared to the video of Carlin "sleeping" when Layla was all up in her face, it all screams to be phony.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

And not to mention that most people lose control of bladder and possibly bowels during a generalized tonic-clonic seizures. Don't think they have mentioned that this has happened once.  I might see where they wouldn't mention it to not embarrass her but the filming might have caught it.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

All this. And when compared to the video of Carlin "sleeping" when Layla was all up in her face, it all screams to be phony.

It’s shocking how many people still seem to be fooled. I guess that’s why they keep staging and posting the “episodes.” Gotta keep duping the rubes and collecting that money!

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

And not to mention that most people lose control of bladder and possibly bowels during a generalized tonic-clonic seizure. Don't think they have mentioned that this has happened once.  I might see where they wouldn't mention it to not embarrass her but the filming might have caught it.

I was going to add this. My cat has clonic-tonic seizures from time to time and sometimes loses control of her bladder. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

They certainly are very pretty seizures.

I have never had a seizure, but I am prone to passing out, and have done so many, many times.  Sometimes I can tell it  is coming and I can lie down so I don't fall, but there have been times when I ended up with cuts and bruises on my face, arms, and legs.  My brother passed out a couple of years ago, fell flat on his face, and really messed up his nose.  

Yet Carlin, with multiple episodes, manages to sink gracefully to the ground and there is never a bruise to be seen or a hair out of place.  What are the odds?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It all messes with my head because faking this is so egregiously extreme, yet it looks so fake and C&E's updates make no sense.

I've jumped all over the place with my thoughts and speculations and I keep being pulled toward phony. Yet there's a side of me that doesn't want to discount anyone's medical issues and like I said, if C&K or Carlin alone are making this all up - its so crazy.

If this was say, fake stories about migraines, it would be easier for me to believe its all lies, but it being seizures leaves a tiny bit of doubt its true, because, like, who would actually lie about this?

Obviously I've spent way too much thinking about this, but welcome to my brain. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It all messes with my head because faking this is so egregiously extreme, yet it looks so fake and C&E's updates make no sense.

I've jumped all over the place with my thoughts and speculations and I keep being pulled toward phony. Yet there's a side of me that doesn't want to discount anyone's medical issues and like I said, if C&K or Carlin alone are making this all up - its so crazy.

If this was say, fake stories about migraines, it would be easier for me to believe its all lies, but it being seizures leaves a tiny bit of doubt its true, because, like, who would actually lie about this?

I'm kind of in the same place you are, GG.  I find it  hard to believe that anyone would stage these things, that anyone would willingly lie about their medical problem and even go to the point of posting videos of their supposed episodes.  I've tried to give this the benefit of the doubt; I actually watched the Instagram video in order to look for signs that she is having real seizures.  But, there were so many glaring inconsistencies with what I know about true tonic-clonic seizures and what I've seen in the 100 or so times I've witnessed them personally; I just couldn't get past it.  So, I made a list of what looked 'off' to me and posted.  Sort of like those Highlights Magazine puzzles where you try to find the hidden objects.  I just see a lot of stuff that is not quite right and nothing that indicates that these are true seizures.

That doesn't mean there isn't something else wrong with her or that she is faking it; but, it seems to me that there is some degree of dishonesty in the story they are trying to tell.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8

I really hate to think they are exaggerating or faking, but as time goes on I am really starting to have some doubts.

I watched the footage of the latest episode on the weekend, before this conversation began. I have zero medical training, and no first hand experience with any friends or family who suffer from seizures. However, as they zoomed in on her hand shaking my first thought was that it looked like a very controlled shaking, if that makes any sense.  It wasn't as jerky as I would imagine a seizure would be.

Unlike @Notabug, I have no idea what signs to look for in a seizure, yet it still seemed off to me as a lay person.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 4

Video-taped EEGS are a good way to diagnose PNES if that what she has. So we will see but I am 100% sure there will just not be any more discussion about "seizures" if they do diagnose PNES. Jesus cures all. And that would be a disservice to every person who has PNES- it's a true diagnosis and needs treatment, though diagnosed psych disorders are poo-poo'ed by those in her family, I imagine.

And PNES has increased dramatically with COVID.

For anyone interested in reading more (https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/truth-about-psychogenic-nonepileptic-seizures)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Video-taped EEGS are a good way to diagnose PNES if that what she has. So we will see but I am 100% sure there will just not be any more discussion about "seizures" if they do diagnose PNES. Jesus cures all. And that would be a disservice to every person who has PNES- it's a true diagnosis and needs treatment, though diagnosed psych disorders are poo-poo'ed by those in her family, I imagine.

And PNES has increased dramatically with COVID.

For anyone interested in reading more (https://www.epilepsy.com/stories/truth-about-psychogenic-nonepileptic-seizures)

This could very well be what she has been experiencing. From the article: 

Yet it is estimated that PNES are diagnosed in 20 to 30% of people seen at epilepsy centers.

As I said, I think a referral to a psychiatrist might be next.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Mind Blown 1
41 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s my understanding that most seizures only last from about 30 seconds to a few minutes, so Carlin’s 20 minute “episodes” seem extremely odd. 

20 minutes is extremely long and is known as status epilepticus, a medical emergency.  Actually, a seizure lasting more than 5 minutes is SE.  Status is a true medical emergency and, often, the patient needs intubation to keep their airway clear and provide enough oxygen to prevent brain damage.  That Carlin routinely has prolonged seizures but never looks hypoxic (turns dusky gray or blue) is highly unusual.  That every episode of seizures Carlin seems to have lasts more that 5 minutes which is considered an extremely prolonged seizure is highly unusual, too.  Most seizures last seconds to a minute or two max.  And, believe me, it is a long two minutes watching a real seizure last even that long. 

Even in less than a minutes, people get battered and bruised and end up biting their lip or otherwise injuring themselves.  The fact that Carlin has had many, many prolonged seizures lasting way longer and yet, has never had any such injury is very curious, too, IMO.

BTW, status epilepticus is a life threatening condition and the risk of dying within 30 days after one such event is around 10%. mainly because most people that have them are in rough shape medically, often with multiple serious medical issues.

I agree that PNES has to be near the top of the list in the differential diagnosis of Carlin's problem.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I can’t figure out their end game if in fact Carlin is either faking or exaggerating her seizures. It is dragging on far too long for “we prayed it away” or Jesus answered all our fans prayers. Maybe now that Evan is officially a BSB employee the episodes will just stop. Just like whenever they are on vacation or doing something fun.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And not to mention that most people lose control of bladder and possibly bowels during a generalized tonic-clonic seizures. Don't think they have mentioned that this has happened once.  I might see where they wouldn't mention it to not embarrass her but the filming might have caught it.

I shudder to think what the video headlines will be when they try to add that realism.  And will she really pee herself or will someone helping her inconspicuously dribble some water down her leg? Anything seems possible with these two.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Am I the only one who has been assuming this whole time that they have been re-creating stuff for the YT/IG audience? They come from a reality TV background where this is common - producers will stick you together and say discuss x and act like you haven't discussed it before bc they need it for the storyline [see the BUB episode where Erin was still part of BSB and was talking about her clotting disorder which Carlin had just been diagnosed with and they were discussing the shots at home as Whit was like "really OMG" "OMG" "I had no idea." BS you 100% knew that your then besties had pregnancy issues, that Erin had had a number of miscarriages and finally when her clotting disorder was treated she was able to have Carson.]

IDK I always assumed that when they show Carlin zonked out from meds or whatever, it's re-created to show how she spent the afternoon - bc she's lying in perfect position, nary a hair or bracelet out of place, kids posed up in perfect position right up against her or screaming songs in her ear or whatever. What - it's never happened that she falls asleep like other people - shirt or PJ legs riding up, mouth open, drool? She always sleeps like Sleeping Beauty?

While it would be mentally effed up to re-create something traumatic like this, what stops them? Per Reddit they say drs. have told them to record episodes but it's very possible that the dr is getting a recording that is less "lady like" - dress riding up, maybe even underwear shows etc.

The one time we KNOW it wasn't a re-created was when Evan was recording her at home after VBS. She seemed out of it that time as Evan kept shoving a camera in her face to update viewers.

And oh yeah now mastitis - she drops how she called mom for advice. I guess you can call mom if you have an issue relating to birthing, anything else - too scary for Kelly, nope she doesn't want to know. And so now we get a week of her updating the viewers on the state of her boobs. Can't she stop breastfeeding the kid already? I mean if drs. are suggesting that pregnancy triggered this, why not let your hormones go back to normal ASAP - i.e. stop breastfeeding. He's 5 mos old so it's not even like stopping at 5 days old - it's been a good amount of time.

Edited to add - I'm not a dr and not suggesting she stop breastfeeding TODAY. But my God woman given your problems, just be done with the pregnancy, birthing, nursing phase of your life already.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I can’t figure out their end game if in fact Carlin is either faking or exaggerating her seizures. It is dragging on far too long for “we prayed it away” or Jesus answered all our fans prayers. Maybe now that Evan is officially a BSB employee the episodes will just stop. Just like whenever they are on vacation or doing something fun.

I think, well sometimes I think this - C&E were opportunists. They took a short-term, easily and quickly resolved medical condition and turned it into click-bait and a reason for Evan to quit his new career.

I think they had no idea this lie would grow so big, so fast and now they're stuck with it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

I never thought about recreating the "episodes" for the camera.  That would explain a lot.  

I will give her a pass for continuing to breastfeed though.  There is still a formula shortage and a lot of women nurse their babies for the first year.  As I recall, Carlin said she still fed Layla first thing in the morning and before bed even after she turned 1, so she just might like the bonding time.  I never had mastitis, but it can be very painful.  Weaning has its own challenges, and I don't know if it could actually make things worse during a bout with mastitis. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, cereality said:

Am I the only one who has been assuming this whole time that they have been re-creating stuff for the YT/IG audience? They come from a reality TV background where this is common - producers will stick you together and say discuss x and act like you haven't discussed it before bc they need it for the storyline [see the BUB episode where Erin was still part of BSB and was talking about her clotting disorder which Carlin had just been diagnosed with and they were discussing the shots at home as Whit was like "really OMG" "OMG" "I had no idea." BS you 100% knew that your then besties had pregnancy issues, that Erin had had a number of miscarriages and finally when her clotting disorder was treated she was able to have Carson.]

IDK I always assumed that when they show Carlin zonked out from meds or whatever, it's re-created to show how she spent the afternoon - bc she's lying in perfect position, nary a hair or bracelet out of place, kids posed up in perfect position right up against her or screaming songs in her ear or whatever. What - it's never happened that she falls asleep like other people - shirt or PJ legs riding up, mouth open, drool? She always sleeps like Sleeping Beauty?

While it would be mentally effed up to re-create something traumatic like this, what stops them? Per Reddit they say drs. have told them to record episodes but it's very possible that the dr is getting a recording that is less "lady like" - dress riding up, maybe even underwear shows etc.

The one time we KNOW it wasn't a re-created was when Evan was recording her at home after VBS. She seemed out of it that time as Evan kept shoving a camera in her face to update viewers.

And oh yeah now mastitis - she drops how she called mom for advice. I guess you can call mom if you have an issue relating to birthing, anything else - too scary for Kelly, nope she doesn't want to know. And so now we get a week of her updating the viewers on the state of her boobs. Can't she stop breastfeeding the kid already? I mean if drs. are suggesting that pregnancy triggered this, why not let your hormones go back to normal ASAP - i.e. stop breastfeeding. He's 5 mos old so it's not even like stopping at 5 days old - it's been a good amount of time.

I agree that they are still in reality TV show mode, whether they have the show anymore or not.  Probably doing this in part to try and get another gig.  But stopping breastfeeding due to a common breastfeeding infection is not the right direction either.  Not only would it be another example of them giving up when the going gets tough so to speak, but pediatricians recommend breast milk for the first 6 months, longer when possible. (I breastfed mine for over a year.) Given the spotty and questionable health care they appear to provide for their kids, Zade probably needs all the extra antibodies he can get, especially since he's been sick for the last month.  Besides, her doctors are well aware she's a breastfeeding mother, if it was a factor in all this (which I'd highly doubt), they'd have mentioned it. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I never thought about recreating the "episodes" for the camera.  That would explain a lot.  

I will give her a pass for continuing to breastfeed though.  There is still a formula shortage and a lot of women nurse their babies for the first year.  As I recall, Carlin said she still fed Layla first thing in the morning and before bed even after she turned 1, so she just might like the bonding time.  I never had Mastitis, but it can be very painful.  Weaning has its own challenges, and I don't know if it could actually make things worse during a bout with Mastitis. 

Weaning is the absolute wrong thing to do when acute mastitis is diagnosed.  It can lead to abscesses in the breast which may need surgical drainage and weeks of antibiotics.

After the infection is cleared, it is fine to wean, but nobody should do it in the midst of a breast infection.

37 MINUTES AGO

Am I the only one who has been assuming this whole time that they have been re-creating stuff for the YT/IG audience? 

If they are recreating the episodes for their followers, then they need to say so.  If you watch the credits on any reality show, it will mention that some events are recreated or edited.  They have always presented their videos as actual documentation of the incidents.

There has been a lot of speculation here and elsewhere that Carlin's 'spells' are not typical seizures.  We know they pay close attention to what social media is saying about them.  If the videos they are posting are re-creations and not the actual events, I feel like they would've told their followers that by now to explain why the videos are not complete representations of her condition.  The fact that they haven't told us that the videos aren't supposed to be real events but recreations indicates to me that the videos are, indeed, the actual events that have occurred.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

Who the heck buys a white bouncy house (IG)? And one that is not enclosed? They are really allergic to color. 

ETA: It does have mesh on the sides, time for my eye exam. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s shocking how many people still seem to be fooled. I guess that’s why they keep staging and posting the “episodes.” Gotta keep duping the rubes and collecting that money!

I was going to add this. My cat has clonic-tonic seizures from time to time and sometimes loses control of her bladder. 

I haven’t kept up with the Carlin/Evan drama until I watched a few of their most recent videos over the weekend.  As a retired RN and elementary school nurse, I’ve seen quite a few seizures and many of those included loss of bladder control in both children and adults.  If Carlin is faking it, she had me fooled until I saw her on a video at Vacation Bible School at their church.  She passed out and fell straight backwards and Evan said that her head hit the concrete floor hard.  I asked myself, why would anyone do that?  But then I know that most people who faint, crumple into a heap.  It’s like their bones disappear and they melt (if you’ve seen it happen, you know what I mean).  I’ve never seen anyone standing tall and then falling backwards in the same position that they were standing.  I’m going to read through this thread to catch up but if Carlin is faking this, then I’m truly at a loss for words.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Some people do. I never did. 

It's pretty much moot because she's not having seizures. If she is, I'll eat my words. 

2 hours ago, cereality said:

You make good points about recreations and the scripted/staged/edited "reality" TV bullshit. But I still think she's faking. I hate that I'm such a cynic, but I think they're lying liars who lie. 

• Like 2

If it turns out that they are faking and lying, the truth will eventually come out and Evan will never be able to get a job anywhere other than a family business. The internet doesn’t forget.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

If they are lying, the issue will disappear. If she has PNES she's not faking it and really needs treatment but it still could never be spoken of again so we may never know what is going on. They are allowed privacy but in reality they put themselves and their issues out there for public consumption.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I haven’t kept up with the Carlin/Evan drama until I watched a few of their most recent videos over the weekend.  As a retired RN and elementary school nurse, I’ve seen quite a few seizures and many of those included loss of bladder control in both children and adults.  If Carlin is faking it, she had me fooled until I saw her on a video at Vacation Bible School at their church.  She passed out and fell straight backwards and Evan said that her head hit the concrete floor hard.  I asked myself, why would anyone do that?  But then I know that most people who faint, crumple into a heap.  It’s like their bones disappear and they melt (if you’ve seen it happen, you know what I mean).  I’ve never seen anyone standing tall and then falling backwards in the same position that they were standing.  I’m going to read through this thread to catch up but if Carlin is faking this, then I’m truly at a loss for words.

It is true the most of the times I have passed out I have crumpled in a heap or pitched forward from a seated position, but the very first time I ever passed out I was eight years old.  I was having breakfast and felt nauseous.  Didn’t think I would make it to the bathroom and went to the kitchen sink.  The next thing I knew I was lying on my back on the kitchen floor.  So it can happen.  Scared the hell out of my parents who were downstairs, heard the thud, and found me.  Luckily I was small and didn’t have far to fall.  I had a small bump on the back of my head but was otherwise fine. Had my appendix out a month later.  That’s probably what caused me to pass out.

So yes, it can happen that way.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It’s my understanding that most seizures only last from about 30 seconds to a few minutes, so Carlin’s 20 minute “episodes” seem extremely odd. 

If she had had a twenty-minute seizure, it would be called status epilepticus, which is life-threatening and could have fried her brain (if she has one). I'm sure they would have taken FULL advantage of the fame-whoring possibilities if she had an actual life-threatening event. 

https://www.epilepsy.com/complications-risks/emergencies/status-epilepticus

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/status-epilepticus

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm thinking that they exaggerated her seizure times because they don't have any experience with them to know when it's over. Maybe it takes her 20 minutes to recover enough to walk or something like that. 

If you watch the videos, they comment on the length of time she has been lying there shaking and unresponsive.  During the post ictal state, there is no tonic-clonic activity; the person usually just lies there, often appearing to be asleep, sometimes staring into the distance and only open their eyes or move when stimulated like being shaken vigorously or spoken to in a loud voice.  In the videos, Carlin is flexing and extending her arms and legs, rolling her head from side to side, groaning the whole time.  She doesn't stop moving, the entire video shows the same behaviors lasting over time, up to 30 minutes, according to one of them.  It's not that she seizes for a minute or two and then lies there in a post ictal state for the remainder of the time.  So, no, I don't think they are unable to tell when her episodes end.  In the case of typical tonic-clonic seizures, it doesn't take any training to tell the difference between having a seizure and not having a seizure.

There are some types of seizures that are very subtle and it could be possible for someone unfamiliar with that person's disorder to miss the signs.  Some people just stare off into space for a minute or two without falling, or their arm or leg might twitch uncontrollably for a bit while they otherwise are sitting or standing.  Someone unfamiliar with the signs could easily think the person having the seizure is day dreaming or not paying attention or maybe just nervously tapping their foot; especially since they don't dramatically fall to the ground and the entire seizure lasts under a minute in most cases.

I've mentioned my friend with the brain tumor who had temporal lobe seizures during which he would stare in the distance and his hand and arm would shake.  They lasted under a minute and he could feel them coming.  One day, he was teaching a class for some med students and afterwards they were laughing because he had such a 'strange sense of humor'.  I asked them what they meant.  'Dr M told us he was going to have a seizure and then his arm started twitching.  He must've been kidding around.'  Uh, no, he wasn't.  So, even medical professionals can be fooled by the more subtle seizure disorders and not realize at first what they're witnessing.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 7
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I’ve probably spent as much time as you have going back and forth with this!

Is Carlton a hero and in spite of constant headaches and seizures faces the world with courage every single day?

Or are they playing to the crowd for more action and $$?

This one is a real ass scratcher!

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Notabug said:

If they are recreating the episodes for their followers, then they need to say so.  If you watch the credits on any reality show, it will mention that some events are recreated or edited.  They have always presented their videos as actual documentation of the incidents.

There has been a lot of speculation here and elsewhere that Carlin's 'spells' are not typical seizures.  We know they pay close attention to what social media is saying about them.  If the videos they are posting are re-creations and not the actual events, I feel like they would've told their followers that by now to explain why the videos are not complete representations of her condition.  The fact that they haven't told us that the videos aren't supposed to be real events but recreations indicates to me that the videos are, indeed, the actual events that have occurred.

You’re giving way more credit to their understanding of law than I think they deserve. Yes almost all reality TV has disclaimers. That’s bc producing a reality show is a series of contracts and embedded in those contracts is that producers can take footage and use it in part or in whole or in a different order (ie create a storyline). You know why those disclaimers exist - bc TV channels including small ones like UP have a small army of lawyers who actually watch these shows before they air and make sure the required disclaimers are there so they don’t get sued later for breach of contract, defamation or anything else. A law school classmate of mine actually had that job for NBC for yrs.

YT/IG are a free for all, not subject to the same contracts of TV - and here the producers + actors are the same ppl so unless they’re gonna sue themselves, why do disclaimers or even honest admissions matter here? No a viewer can’t sue them for being duped into thinking an event was real. As for them just being honest to their loyal subjects and telling if something is a re-creation - lol the fundie track record on honesty isn’t great esp when it comes down to making $$$.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

IMO, recreating the seizures without saying so would be as bad as making the whole thing up. And subjecting Layla to this over and over again would be awful.  And how would this work? Carlin studies her real seizure and then lays on the ground and repeats it - 'on location'? And her inlaws would be okay with this too? Carlin's hallway seizure was just as neat and pretty as the rest of them.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm thinking that they exaggerated her seizure times because they don't have any experience with them to know when it's over. Maybe it takes her 20 minutes to recover enough to walk or something like that. 

I could see that, but they're supposedly showing these videos to their MDs. I would think the MD would explain when the seizure ended to them.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’ve probably spent as much time as you have going back and forth with this!

Is Carlton a hero and in spite of constant headaches and seizures faces the world with courage every single day?

Or are they playing to the crowd for more action and $$?

This one is a real ass scratcher!

I go back and forth as well. I do think there's some combination of physical/psychological/lifestyle factors that have combined to cause Carlin's seizures. I don't think she's 100% faking, but she is 100% lying, exaggerating and playing on the heartstrings of her fans.

Take her most recent Instagram stories. Her mastitis woes sandwiched in between two paid ads. She's absolutely milking this (pun intended?) so her naive viewers want to "help" her by buying the products she pushes. They're definitely staging scenes and photos for social media. 

I'm just wondering at what point do the doctors suspect she's faking or has some kind of mental health disorder? I guess it's a fine line, because as others noted there are medical mysteries, but I'm assuming anyone who's been in practice long enough knows a bullshitter when they see one. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, SMama said:

Who the heck buys a white bouncy house (IG)? And one that is not enclosed? They are really allergic to color. 

ETA: It does have mesh on the sides, time for my eye exam. 

A $400 white bounce house.

• Mind Blown 7
On 8/28/2022 at 10:22 PM, GeeGolly said:

Jill touched on therapy in a few posts and it was assumed it was regular therapy. It wasn't. When Jill and Derick were deposed for the sisters' court case it was disclosed their therapy was short-term court offered therapy during their fall-out with JB. The therapy was also offered to JB & M but they blew it off.

Well of course they did, I’m sure those two think they are just perfect 🙄

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I keep thinking about that :  Munchausen's syndrome is a psychological disorder where someone pretends to be ill or deliberately produces symptoms of illness in themselves. Their main intention is to assume the "sick role" so that people care for them and they are the centre of attention.

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I keep thinking about that :  Munchausen's syndrome is a psychological disorder where someone pretends to be ill or deliberately produces symptoms of illness in themselves. Their main intention is to assume the "sick role" so that people care for them and they are the centre of attention.

That's been brought up here before. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9832-an-overview-of-factitious-disorders

Out of curiosity, and because I will not give them clicks, what were the paid ads Carlin had sandwiched around her mastitis complaint? 

• Like 1

I don't think YouTubers gets to chose when the ads appear. I watch a lot of crafting and shop with me videos and the ads will often start in the middle of a sentence or a segment. 

They don't get to chose what ads appear either. One of them specifically said that recently. YouTube matches up the ads with the content of the videos.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, cereality said:

You’re giving way more credit to their understanding of law than I think they deserve. Yes almost all reality TV has disclaimers. That’s bc producing a reality show is a series of contracts and embedded in those contracts is that producers can take footage and use it in part or in whole or in a different order (ie create a storyline). You know why those disclaimers exist - bc TV channels including small ones like UP have a small army of lawyers who actually watch these shows before they air and make sure the required disclaimers are there so they don’t get sued later for breach of contract, defamation or anything else. A law school classmate of mine actually had that job for NBC for yrs.

YT/IG are a free for all, not subject to the same contracts of TV - and here the producers + actors are the same ppl so unless they’re gonna sue themselves, why do disclaimers or even honest admissions matter here? No a viewer can’t sue them for being duped into thinking an event was real. As for them just being honest to their loyal subjects and telling if something is a re-creation - lol the fundie track record on honesty isn’t great esp when it comes down to making $$$.

I agree, Carlin and Evan are twits who would have no idea of the legalities involved in deceiving people for money and it wouldn't have occurred to them initially to offer a disclaimer.  However, they are very aware of their audience and spend a lot of time checking to see what response they're getting on social media.  It would seem to me that it would be logical for them to have come forward at some point and tell the sceptics that the stuff they were posting were re-creations of events that had happened earlier which was why they were not completely true to life.  Of course, that perhaps assumes a level of intelligence that they don't possess; but, calling the videos re-creations would go a long way towards silencing the critics.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3