Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

Carlin and Evan are going on vacation with Zach and Whitney. Didn’t Z&W just go on vacation? Evan is on FMLA, perhaps he shouldn’t be advertising he’s on vacation. C&E brought one of Carlin’s sisters to help with the kids. You breed them you should care for them on your own. Various Bateses including Josie and family are in Nashville for a football tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SMama said:

Carlin and Evan are going on vacation with Zach and Whitney. Didn’t Z&W just go on vacation? 

So it looks like Kelton is the only family member with a real job.  I cannot help but think someone or something is underwriting their public lives.  And I would venture to guess the IBLP to gain younger followers.  Who wouldn’t want to live like this?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The younger Bates sister who is standing up - she looks a little like John Travolta's daughter.

She looks like a brunette Josie. Addee is the spitting (or smitten, if you're JillRod) image of Michael.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sheshark said:

So it looks like Kelton is the only family member with a real job.  I cannot help but think someone or something is underwriting their public lives.  And I would venture to guess the IBLP to gain younger followers.  Who wouldn’t want to live like this?

Bobby has a job too, he works for Kelton in some capacity. Brandon is also employed, though I think with IBLP so that may not last.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So the Stewart's house with a brand new huge Toshiba TV, K & G's house and W & Z's house are all empty for a week and they splash it all over SM. 🤦🏽‍♀️

So dumb!  At the very least, do the JillyRod thing and post a week behind. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

They are in Florida, Carlin posted a short story. Will they drop by Alyssa’s. It’s so interesting they chose this weekend when most of the family is in Nashville.

They also posted on YouTube. They discovered a leak from the master bathroom. I had to pause for awhile. They are debating getting rid of the tub. If I was the previous owner I’d be mortified about how long it allegedly took them to clean the tub. If only they knew a reliable plumber. 😂

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 7
25 minutes ago, SMama said:

They are in Florida, Carlin posted a short story. Will they drop by Alyssa’s. It’s so interesting they chose this weekend when most of the family is in Nashville.

They also posted on YouTube. They discovered a leak from the master bathroom. I had to pause for awhile. They are debating getting rid of the tub. If I was the previous owner I’d be mortified about how long it allegedly took them to clean the tub. If only they knew a reliable plumber. 😂

Carlton said her ‘YouTube’ friends were telling her how germy the tub was so they cleaned it with tooth brushes and ran it through three cycles!  Then the leak!!!

5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They’re in Destin.

EE29E41B-CF56-463A-8604-3489B1CA1FE0.jpeg

I swear where do they get the money for all these fancy clothes and travel???

• Like 7

They aren’t very close to Alyssa, she’s near Orlando. And when Erin moves to Florida, they won’t have to visit her either if they go to Destin. Redneck Riviera is probably closest beach to the Bates.

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, SMama said:

C&E brought one of Carlin’s sisters to help with the kids. You breed them you should care for them on your own.

I thought that was pretty shitty of Carlin to say that Addee was coming along to watch the kids.  Thanks, sis.  How mean.

• Sad 4
  • Love 3

If Carlins is supposed to be so mysteriously ill, why are they taking a beach vacation away from her doctors, etc? If I were Evan's co-workers, reading this, I would be mad. He is on family SICK leave...and they travel to the beach? Why is Carlin wearing long pants and a long sleeved sweater in sweltering Florida? It has been so hot here, shorts and a light t-shirt seems to be too much for me at times. Sea breezes only do so much. I'm annoyed at them and especially annoyed that they saddle Carlin's sister with childcare. Take care of your own children.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I'm going to give them a pass on bringing the sisters as I think its a win/win. The sisters get an adventure and will likely actually babysit one night when the adults go out. The rest of the time they'll help out, play with the kids, but have a fun time themselves. I think the sisters want to be there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm going to give them a pass on bringing the sisters as I think its a win/win. The sisters get an adventure and will likely actually babysit one night when the adults go out. The rest of the time they'll help out, play with the kids, but have a fun time themselves. I think the sisters want to be there.

If they are back in Tennessee Addee and Ellie are babysitting their nieces and nephews or their little brothers so they might as well enjoy going to the beach.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I continue to be completely and totally baffled by the endless trips and no visible employment.  By couples in their 20's with little kids.  Either they have huge debt or there is money coming from somewhere, but between the trips, eating out, and nail salon appointments they spend a TON of money.

My husband and I frequently travel to see our kids who live in different states, but we are in our 60's, empty nesters, no mortgage, and due to his travel for work I have a companion pass and basically fly for free. Back when the kids were little there was NO WAY we could have done that.  We went out for a nice dinner maybe 1-2 times a year, and did not eat fast food multiple times a week.  McDonalds was a rare treat for our kids. And we did drive to see our parents in Canada once or twice a year but that was the extent of our travels.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

If Carlins is supposed to be so mysteriously ill, why are they taking a beach vacation away from her doctors, etc? If I were Evan's co-workers, reading this, I would be mad. He is on family SICK leave...and they travel to the beach? Why is Carlin wearing long pants and a long sleeved sweater in sweltering Florida? It has been so hot here, shorts and a light t-shirt seems to be too much for me at times. Sea breezes only do so much. I'm annoyed at them and especially annoyed that they saddle Carlin's sister with childcare. Take care of your own children.

I hope he gets busted for falsifying his continued need for FMLA. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why do you think he is falsifying his need for FMLA? As long as her doctors say that she cannot be left alone does FLMA require that one stay in their home and not go anywhere? Evan does not appear to be stupid. I imagine that he is complying with whatever he needs to do. He probably is not being paid and he is a union electrician so if he is not working wouldn't the jobs just go to another electrician? It's not lke he is cheating his company.  I don't see the big deal here. His FMLA will run out and then he either goes back to work or her quits I guess. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I think its easy to under estimate what influencers/you tubers make.

Google says...

According to Vox, a micro-influencer, defined as someone with 10,000 to 50,000 followers, can earn anywhere between $40,000 and $100,000 per year. Influencers with millions of followers, on the other hand, can earn tens of thousands of dollars per post.

Carlin has 379K followers, so they could be making upwards of $250,000 a year.

Not sure how Whit and Zach afford it though, without the show.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Why do you think he is falsifying his need for FMLA?

His need for continued FMLA. It was an emergency when he applied, but things have obviously changed and unless he’s updated his paperwork and been approved again, it’s fraud now, imo. Obviously, I have no idea if he’s discussed it all with his employer and reapplied, so it’s my speculation only. 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Evan does not appear to be stupid.

He exploits his kids on SM constantly, and that can be dangerous. He posts on SM that they’re on vacation, letting people know that both of their residences are now unoccupied. Their constant posting makes it easy for anyone who wants to spend a little time researching to find their exact locations. They have actually videoed and shared the exact layout of their new home, room by room. He doesn’t seem smart to me. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Love 3

As I said before we do not know that his home is unoccupied.  As for exploiting his kids on Social Media all of the Bates who have children minus Tori have their children on their instagram and YouTube accounts. We have seen tours of all of their homes with the exception of Tori's. When I said that Evan is not stupid I meant in regards to his employment and FMLA. 

I don't know but I am having a hard time imagining that there are that many crazies out therre trying to track down a d list celebrity so that they peep in their windows and crash their vacation.  Are people that invested in the Bates?

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

As I said before we do not know that his home is unoccupied.  As for exploiting his kids on Social Media all of the Bates who have children minus Tori have their children on their instagram and YouTube accounts. We have seen tours of all of their homes with the exception of Tori's. When I said that Evan is not stupid I meant in regards to his employment and FMLA. 

I don't know but I am having a hard time imagining that there are that many crazies out therre trying to track down a d list celebrity so that they peep in their windows and crash their vacation.  Are people that invested in the Bates?

Any “celebrity “ has an increased chance of stalkers and others who may want to cause harm. A smart parent would do anything and everything in their power to keep their kids safe. Is it likely that someone will break into their house? The likelihood is very low, but I bet they own guns and/or have a security system. Even if no one tries to physically harm them, there are lots of known pedophiles using YouTube to find kids. I consider those kids exploited victims whether or not the predators actually ever touch them in real life. Parents shouldn’t be exploiting their kids for $$. They should be providing for them by working. All IMO.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/world/americas/youtube-pedophiles.html

On YouTube’s Digital Playground, an Open Gate for Pedophiles

“Christiane C. didn’t think anything of it when her 10-year-old daughter and a friend uploaded a video of themselves playing in a backyard pool.

“The video is innocent, it’s not a big deal,” said Christiane, who lives in a Rio de Janeiro suburb.

A few days later, her daughter shared exciting news: The video had thousands of views. Before long, it had ticked up to 400,000 — a staggering number for a video of a child in a two-piece bathing suit with her friend.

“I saw the video again and I got scared by the number of views,” Christiane said.

She had reason to be.

YouTube’s automated recommendation system — which drives most of the platform’s billions of views by suggesting what users should watch next — had begun showing the video to users who watched other videos of prepubescent, partially clothed children, a team of researchers has found.

YouTube had curated the videos from across its archives, at times plucking out the otherwise innocuous home movies of unwitting families, the researchers say. In many cases, its algorithm referred users to the videos after they watched sexually themed content.

The result was a catalog of videos that experts say sexualizes children.”

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6

I find it a little irritating that C & E inundated all their followers with Carlin's health issues, then fail to update them regularly on her recovery. It seems they were sometimes posting multiple times a day when it was unfolding and now, as far as I know, Carlin's episodes haven't been mentioned in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I find it a little irritating that C & E inundated all their followers with Carlin's health issues, then fail to update them regularly on her recovery. It seems they were sometimes posting multiple times a day when it was unfolding and now, as far as I know, Carlin's episodes haven't been mentioned in a couple of weeks.

They got the money (clicks) they wanted, now they’ve moved on.

I don’t expect her to have any “episodes” while they’re on vacation, just like she miraculously didn’t have any during their California trip or while she was doing the EEG. Odd, isn’t it?

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why do you think he is falsifying his need for FMLA? As long as her doctors say that she cannot be left alone does FLMA require that one stay in their home and not go anywhere? Evan does not appear to be stupid. I imagine that he is complying with whatever he needs to do. He probably is not being paid and he is a union electrician so if he is not working wouldn't the jobs just go to another electrician? It's not lke he is cheating his company.  I don't see the big deal here. His FMLA will run out and then he either goes back to work or her quits I guess. 

Well said. Not to mention, this may have been a pre-planned and pre-paid trip. Most beach rentals are booked way before summer. 

I'm unsure how a union factors into all this. Grocery stores have unions, as to many other businesses. If I'm a union grocery store worker out for some reason, a co-worker(s) needs to pick up my work. That gets tiring after a week or two. No business wants to create a hostile work environment by punishing employees who do show up, with doing others' work who are out on leave they don't need. 

• Love 2

Katie just posted in her stories that they are headed back to Knoxville.  That was a long drive for a weekend. I am assuming that Evan and Carlin are headed back too since Katie and Travis drove with them.  
Maybe they should have said “weekend” instead of “vacation”.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Katie just posted in her stories that they are headed back to Knoxville.  That was a long drive for a weekend. I am assuming that Evan and Carlin are headed back too since Katie and Travis drove with them.

Josie showed a story with K & T in the car with them going to Nashville.  
I bet Carlin was pissed that they didn't go to Florida with them. Although all the travelling they do, they will probably fly down to be with Carlin before going home. 

• Mind Blown 1
On 6/25/2022 at 3:44 PM, YupItsMe said:

Bobby has a job too, he works for Kelton in some capacity. Brandon is also employed, though I think with IBLP so that may not last.

I was referring to the traveling “Wilbury’s” Carlin, Whit et al.  Cash coming from somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm unsure how a union factors into all this. Grocery stores have unions, as to many other businesses. If I'm a union grocery store worker out for some reason, a co-worker(s) needs to pick up my work. That gets tiring after a week or two. No business wants to create a hostile work environment by punishing employees who do show up, with doing others' work who are out on leave they don't need. 

Retail is a low-paying, low-margin industry where, yes, they will pile it on the existing workers. rather than bringing in a substitute.

(edited)
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Hope that Evan blows his whole wad on FMLA.  When he may actually need it again, he won't have shit left.  If he's not stupid, he certainly isn't smart. 

This! 100%

It's one thing for a new dad to plan, save for, and take the full 12 weeks to get that time with their new baby, time you don't get back and they grow so quickly. But Evan never intended that nor is that the reason for this FMLA. Instead, they decided to buy a new house while bringing a new baby home (something that takes time away from new baby moments) and then Carlin developed medical issues and Evan decided 'hey I'll take FMLA to be there for Carlin while hamming up (i.e. filming) said medical crisis, moving, and going on vacation.' The medical situation improved so now it's just moving and vacations, things that vacation time and personal days are designed for.  Maybe his co-workers resent him for possibility limiting the days off they can take by short staffing the team or maybe it doesn't affect them, and they just think he's an idiot for eating up unpaid time with a wife, two kids, medical bills, rent, and a mortgage to support. But I'd be surprised that something doesn't bite Evan in the ass down the road, whether that's co-workers who aren't so warm and fuzzy to him, a tight money situation, or no more legally protected time left to take when another FMLA type situation crops up.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I continue to be completely and totally baffled by the endless trips and no visible employment.  By couples in their 20's with little kids.  Either they have huge debt or there is money coming from somewhere, but between the trips, eating out, and nail salon appointments they spend a TON of money.

My husband and I frequently travel to see our kids who live in different states, but we are in our 60's, empty nesters, no mortgage, and due to his travel for work I have a companion pass and basically fly for free. Back when the kids were little there was NO WAY we could have done that.  We went out for a nice dinner maybe 1-2 times a year, and did not eat fast food multiple times a week.  McDonalds was a rare treat for our kids. And we did drive to see our parents in Canada once or twice a year but that was the extent of our travels.

Well, it's not like they're spending their income on books or college or anything involving, you know, intellect. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wonder if any of their followers follow up the clicks with love offerings?

• Love 1